PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Fantasy Player Draft Rankings

Dante84
08-22-2010, 06:10 PM
I've got my FF draft next Monday, and I just wanted to read a weeks worth of good ol' fashioned CP arguing before I hash my draft board out.

Obviously you can debate strategy, but with so many different variables in so many different leagues, the one thing you can universally do is rank players by their position groups.

If you don't want to throw your list out there, or spend time creating one, then add to this thread by submitting links of lists of websites/pundits/prognosticators that you trust so we can analyze those instead.

Thanks.

Top 40 RB's, 1-40

Top 30 WR's, 1-30

Top 20 QB's, 1-20

Top 15 D's, 1-15

Top 15 TE's, 1-15

rambleonthruthefog
08-22-2010, 06:25 PM
i think kolb is an underated fantasy QB. never seen him higher than 11 or 12.
i also like beanie wells as a starting RB.

The Bad Guy
08-22-2010, 06:31 PM
I'll tell you my firm belief this year.

IF you are in a league that rewards QBs with 6 points for touchdowns, then grab your QB really early. Like first or 2nd round early.

Ignore the RB position like the plague until you have your QB and starting WRs in place. The WR pool is pretty shallow after the top 15-20. The RB position after the top 5, is about 30 deep and with guys splitting time, it's a no-brainer.

OnTheWarpath15
08-22-2010, 06:37 PM

IF you are in a league that rewards QBs with 6 points for touchdowns, then grab your QB really early. Like first or 2nd round early.

Ignore the RB position like the plague until you have your QB and starting WRs in place. The WR pool is pretty shallow after the top 15-20. The RB position after the top 5, is about 30 deep and with guys splitting time, it's a no-brainer.

This.

I'm picking 5th, and plan on taking Rodgers in R1, targeting someone like Miles Austin or Calvin Johnson in R2 and Greg Jennings in R3.

Then I can focus on the RB position, and still get guys like Best, Portis, Spiller, Jacobs/Bradshaw, Tomlinson, Cadillac and Ricky Williams, etc.

RustShack
08-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Interesting take Bad Guy. I actually got on and was about to start reading up on fantasy but of course made a quick stop to the Planet first. I'm eyeing two guys this year. Hopefully sleepers but I'm not sure where they are projected to go yet. Charles and Shonn Greene. Whats the scoop on where they are going and who are some other late round steals?

RustShack
08-22-2010, 06:38 PM
This.

I'm picking 5th, and plan on taking Rodgers in R1, targeting someone like Miles Austin or Calvin Johnson in R2 and Greg Jennings in R3.

Then I can focus on the RB position, and still get guys like Best, Portis, Spiller, Jacobs/Bradshaw, Tomlinson, Cadillac and Ricky Williams, etc.

Interesting also. Perfect timing on this thread starter!

OnTheWarpath15
08-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Interesting take Bad Guy. I actually got on and was about to start reading up on fantasy but of course made a quick stop to the Planet first. I'm eyeing two guys this year. Hopefully sleepers but I'm not sure where they are projected to go yet. Charles and Shonn Greene. Whats the scoop on where they are going and who are some other late round steals?

In a 12 team league, Greene will likely be taken anywhere from 14 to 20, and Charles from 20-30.

rambleonthruthefog
08-22-2010, 06:40 PM
i've always thought the RB position was overrated in fantasy. get one of the top tier QB's before they are gone and you are forced to start eli or roth or henne is or someother fantasy suckfest of a qb

OnTheWarpath15
08-22-2010, 06:43 PM
i've always thought the RB position was overrated in fantasy. get one of the top tier QB's before they are gone and you are forced to start eli or roth or henne is or someother fantasy suckfest of a qb

That's my thinking on taking Rodgers early.

I'm guaranteed an elite QB.

I've done enough practice mocks to see that Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady, Schaub and Romo are all capable of being off the board by my R3 pick - #29.

After those guys, there's a significant drop, IMO.

58-4ever
08-22-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm drafting 14th in a 14 team league. I'd have to reach for Charles, who I think is going to have a great year, especially in a league where you get a point for each reception.

58-4ever
08-22-2010, 06:47 PM
That's my thinking on taking Rodgers early.

I'm guaranteed an elite QB.

I've done enough practice mocks to see that Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady, Schaub and Romo are all capable of being off the board by my R3 pick - #29.

After those guys, there's a significant drop, IMO.

I agree. I may end up taking a QB and an elite wr with my 14-15 picks

CrazyPhuD
08-22-2010, 06:51 PM

this is one of the reason's I'm never a huge fan of fantasy. Any game that has the RB's as the most valuable position was designed by someone who hasn't watched football in 20+ years. There is a reason it is the second least valuable position in football(sans kickers).

Me I'm almost certainly going QB 1-2(we start 2). Most of the people I play against still draft RB's first even though our leave favors QBs with completion points.

OnTheWarpath15
08-22-2010, 06:52 PM

That or go WR/WR if you're OK with getting a QB like Rivers, Favre or Flacco.

RustShack
08-22-2010, 06:54 PM

Yep, I typically do that when I'm picking late. One year I got Moss and Owens... straight raped in the CP 24 team league.. until getting dicked over in the championship game.

58-4ever
08-22-2010, 07:18 PM

Yeah, the guy that won the league last year did that with 14-15. Good call.

The Bad Guy
08-22-2010, 07:45 PM
This.

I have the 10th pick in this re-draft league with new members that I won last year.

It's 6 for a TD. I'm dying to get Rodgers, but he's not going to be there at 10.

You can pretty much lock the following into the top 5.

AP, CJ, MJD, Rice, Gore.

I'm hoping AJ goes 6th, Turner 7th, Brees 8th, and some dumb fucker takes either Shonn Greene, Mendenhall or Stephen Jackson to get Rodgers to 10.

If not, I'm taking Moss at 10, then hoping Wayne comes back to me at 15. If he doesn't, I'm tempted to take Peyton or Romo at 15 and load up on either Jennings, Brandon Marshall in the 3rd and then take Wes Welker in the 4th.

If I don't take Romo or Peyton, I'm going to just take Favre in the 5th or 6th and then grab a decent backup in teh 9th or 10th.

But my RBs are last on my priority list. I even would take a TE ahead of them.

The Bad Guy
08-22-2010, 07:46 PM

Every single yahoo mock I did last night had Rivers and Favre available in the 3rd when I went WR/WR in the first and 2nd.

If you are in a PPR league, going that route is also a no-brainer.

The Bad Guy
08-22-2010, 10:11 PM
I have the 2nd pick in a one-player draft value keeper league.

AP is going to go 1, so I will have MJD.

Do I pull a shocker and take Rodgers there instead of MJD?

Titty Meat
08-22-2010, 10:33 PM
I have the 2nd pick in a one-player draft value keeper league.

AP is going to go 1, so I will have MJD.

Do I pull a shocker and take Rodgers there instead of MJD?

Nah man you can get a productive QB in the middle rounds. I drafted MJD tonight at 4.

Quesadilla Joe
08-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Jabar Gaffney will probably be available late in drafts and will be an absolute steal. He is Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton's favorite receiver right now and unless DT is a monster Gaffney should have a 1,000 yard season.

The Bad Guy
08-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Nah man you can get a productive QB in the middle rounds. I drafted MJD tonight at 4.

The guy had CJ and AP, so he kept CJ at a 5th round value (value moves up 1 round every year).

I think I can too, but I know I'll wait on a QB forever now because I want to get a receiver with my 2nd and 3rd round picks.

CrazyPhuD
08-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Jabar Gaffney will probably be available late in drafts and will be an absolute steal. He is Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton's favorite receiver right now and unless DT is a monster Gaffney should have a 1,000 yard season.

Yea but really I don't care who Kyle Orton's favorite receiver is, what I want to know is who's tebow's favorite receiver! I'm betting it's Eric Berry.

Titty Meat
08-22-2010, 11:24 PM
The guy had CJ and AP, so he kept CJ at a 5th round value (value moves up 1 round every year).

I think I can too, but I know I'll wait on a QB forever now because I want to get a receiver with my 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Thats exactly what I did got Fitzgerald 2nd and Colston third. Kind weird Colston went in the third round. So yea I drafted Eli Manning who I believe had the best fantasy season out of any QB last season in the 5th round.

So in your league you only have one keeper? How the fuck did that guy have AP & CJ? I hope the league paid him that night.

The Bad Guy
08-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Thats exactly what I did got Fitzgerald 2nd and Colston third. Kind weird Colston went in the third round. So yea I drafted Eli Manning who I believe had the best fantasy season out of any QB last season in the 5th round.

So in your league you only have one keeper? How the **** did that guy have AP & CJ? I hope the league paid him that night.

He kept CJ, who he drafted in the 6th round when he was a rookie. So he was a 5th rounder last year. He also had the top pick because he had the worst record the year before, so he got AP #1.

You only have one keeper, and you give up a pick a round higher than they were drafted last year.

Shonn Greene is my keeper. He was a 14th round pick last year. I inherited this team after an owner backed out so I'm pretty happy starting my team with MJD and Shonn Greene as my players.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2010, 06:21 AM

I agree with this. For the past 12-14 years I've always taken RB in round 1, and usually round 2. However, after mixed results the past 2 years and finally accepting the landscape change across the NFL (pass-happy offense + RBBC) plus with the rest of my league tending to grab QBs early I am prepared to draft Aaron Rodgers at #6 overall.

Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and Maurice Jones-Drew will be gone by my pick and, for me, the RBs drop off significantly thereafter.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2010, 06:22 AM
This.

I pick 6th in my league and over the past 2-3 weeks I've developed and prepared the EXACT same strategy as you. I have Rodgers pegged at #6, hoping for Miles Austin at #23.

rad
08-23-2010, 06:38 AM

Or do something like grab Moss and Brady or Manning and Wayne. Bye weeks be damned!

Double points FTW.

suds79
08-23-2010, 06:57 AM

I'm playing in two leagues this year. Both PPR leagues.

In one you start 1 QB and the other you start 2 of them. Both are leagues where it's 6 pts a TD pass.

But yes I agree with you. You have to have one of the elite QBs in those types of leagues to have a chance.

Breese, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Romo, Rivers.

suds79
08-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Also, I'm drafting 2nd in my league where you start 2 QBs. So having said that, I'm going to nab a feature back. It's important when in the NFL they split carries so much.

It's a ppr league. Drafting 2nd. So what do you guys think?

AP or Jones-Drew. I keep going back and forth. Really can't decide.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Speaking of the ever changing NFL here is an article on the top 5 bad drafting habits that's worth a read. (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Tip-Drill-The-five-worst-habits-in-fantasy-foot;_ylt=AqiCtp0MCB1hPW1DxFWtWmxDubYF?urn=fantasy-263745)

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 07:25 AM
But my RBs are last on my priority list. I even would take a TE ahead of them.

I'm picking 11th of 12 in a redraft league and am seriously considering going wr/te with the te being Finley.I'm absolutely in love with this kid and am thinking he leaves all other te's in the dust and ends up with top 5 receiving numbers.

I've drafted in this league from that slot and went wr/wr and it paid off but never have I targeted a te in the 2nd.

The Bad Guy
08-23-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm picking 11th of 12 in a redraft league and am seriously considering going wr/te with the te being Finley.I'm absolutely in love with this kid and am thinking he leaves all other te's in the dust and ends up with top 5 receiving numbers.

I've drafted in this league from that slot and went wr/wr and it paid off but never have I targeted a te in the 2nd.

Interesting. Every mock I've done had Finley there at the beginning of the 4th. You could grab the 2 Wrs, and then grab Finley with the last of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th.

suds79
08-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Interesting. Every mock I've done had Finley there at the beginning of the 4th. You could grab the 2 Wrs, and then grab Finley with the last of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th.

Exactly.

Stock up on good WRs & RBs. Let the others make the mistake of taking a TE too early.

Once you see Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates go, then think about it if you really really want the guy.

There's a lot of good TEs. Including Brent Celek, Vernon Davis, Gonzalez, Witten.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Or do something like grab Moss and Brady or Manning and Wayne. Bye weeks be damned!

Double points FTW.

Actually, I'm a firm believer in "stacking" your bye weeks.

Example:

Say I take Rodgers, Mathews and Jennings with my first 3 picks. All have a Week 10 bye.

IMO, it's better to take your lumps in one week, and have the strongest team possible every other week, than to have a guy missing here and there over a 3-4 week span.

Steron
08-23-2010, 07:51 AM
I play in 10 team, keeper (0,1, or 2 players), salary cap league. Pretty standard scoring with bonuses for total yards gained. TE, RB are PPR. WR are .5 / reception.

If you hold 0 or 1 player you get put into a 'Keeper' round prior to the normal draft so everyone goes round 1 with 2 players. This season 8 teams held 2 players and 2 teams held 1.

I was one of the teams that decided to hold 1 player. QB - Philip Rivers. We are not allowed to keep 2 players of the same position. The other team in the keeper round is holding CJ28 so he can't pick another RB. I am kind of torn on what to do with my keeper round pick. All of the top tier RBs and WRs are held. See the list below for the keepers. I know I am picking Mathews with the first pick of the regular draft. I am really considering WR Miles Austin with my pick in the keeper round. Or should I pick somebody like RB Ryan Grant or RB Cedric Benson to pair with Mathews?

I forgot to add, I lost my 2nd rounder in the trade that landed me Rivers last season. I have 2 3rd rounder though.

Mike - RB Maurice Jones-Drew : WR Andre Johnson
Matt S - QB Philip Rivers : No Second Keeper
Shirley - RB Adrian Peterson : WR Reggie Wayne
Kory - RB Shonn Greene : WR Marques Colston
Scott - QB Drew Brees : RB Ray Rice
Rick - RB Stephen Jackson : WR Randy Moss
Iggy - RB Chris Johnson : No Second Keeper
Neal - QB Aaron Rodgers : RB Frank Gore
Josh - RB Michael Turner : WR Larry Fitzgerald
Matt F - QB Tony Romo : WR Calvin Johnson

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Exactly.

Stock up on good WRs & RBs. Let the others make the mistake of taking a TE too early.

Once you see Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates go, then think about it if you really really want the guy.

There's a lot of good TEs. Including Brent Celek, Vernon Davis, Gonzalez, Witten.

Honestly, this is the year that I'm not worried about the TE position.

I can wait until the last few rounds and get a guy like Zach Miller or John Carlson, and I'd bet the difference between them and guys taken 10 rounds earlier like Clark and Gates is less than 3-4 points a week.

Not a major difference considering the value.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 08:16 AM

Do you feel like these mocks are made of seasoned players like yourself?I only ask because my league is very competitive and made up of owners who are quite knowledgeable and not afraid of the high risk/high reward pick early on.

Exactly.

I'd suggest reading the article I linked in post 30,not saying you're not right to a point,however,the NFL is changing and as a competitive cash player I'm changing with it.In other words "stocking up" on good rb's is a thing of the past.

Honestly, this is the year that I'm not worried about the TE position.

I can wait until the last few rounds and get a guy like Zach Miller or John Carlson, and I'd bet the difference between them and guys taken 10 rounds earlier like Clark and Gates is less than 3-4 points a week.

Not a major difference considering the value.

Only time will tell on this,but if Rodgers and Finley can continue what they started last year and into this pre-season we may very well be looking at the best te this league has ever seen.

MahiMike
08-23-2010, 08:20 AM

I tried to stretch Charles to the 5th round and missed him by 2 picks...(

allen_kcCard
08-23-2010, 08:21 AM
The only league I am playing in has an autodraft, which I hate because it takes all adjustments out of the draft process when you see a run on a certain position and such.

I still need to set up my rankings, but pretty much I just try to set it up where the value of all players is accounted for and then hope I don't end up getting too many of one position if others go crazy and overdraft another poistion.

I can either go by a main player ranking list, or I can use a list that picks by position and just takes the top player I have ranks at the position that is up, but then it takes one from that position no matter what, even if I randomly go 12th in the first round and ever other player somehow went for the same position I picked to take first. I have used the positional selection in previous years, and then when I look back at how the draft went I always curse to see top players slipping down because no one is taking that position, so I am going to try the all players ranking list this year and hope for the best.

MahiMike
08-23-2010, 08:24 AM
My biggest tip - don't follow the crowd. When everyone is grabbing TE in the 5th round, ignore it or start your own trend. Did that yesterday and got my #1 K and DT. Waited till end of the draft to get my TE. The result - 2 top 5 QB's by the 7th round!

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 08:25 AM
My biggest tip - don't follow the crowd. When everyone is grabbing TE in the 5th round, ignore it or start your own trend. Did that yesterday and got my #1 K and DT. Waited till end of the draft to get my TE. The result - 2 top 5 QB's by the 7th round!

Do you mind posting your team?

MMXcalibur
08-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Unless you're in the top three and you've got a shot at Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson or Maurice Jones-Drew, I would suggest going wide receiver or quarterback with your first pick. Even then, you might want to toy with the prospect of taking Andre Johnson or Peyton Manning... I've never been a big advocate of overloading at one position in order to have "trade bait" for later in the season.

This is the first year that I've not considered taking running backs with my first two picks, so its a brave new world when I enter my draft room this time around. My sleeper tight end to pick up late? Chris Cooley, who will have a QB and coach that like getting the tight end involved in the offense. Avoid like the plague? Greg Olsen of the Bears. Mike Martz offense and all....

That's my advice, anyways.

Oh, and don't you dare draft a kicker until Round 12.

MahiMike
08-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Do you mind posting your team?

1 - Adrian Peterson
2 - Tony Romo
3 - Miles Austin
4 - Vincent Jackson
5 - Joseph Addai
6 - Pierre Garcon
7 - Flacco
8 - Steelers (D)
9 - Jonathan Stewart
10 - Hartley (K)
11 - Michael Bush
12 - Jeremy Maclin
13 - Zack Miller
14 - Dexter Mcluster

MahiMike
08-23-2010, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=KCtotheSB;6950160]Unless you're in the top three and you've got a shot at Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson or Maurice Jones-Drew, I would suggest going wide receiver or quarterback with your first pick. /QUOTE]

I agree. On paper, these 3 are tier 1. Although, we were pick #3 and I was dreading taking MJD. From what I've seen of preseason here in Jax, their O-line makes the Chiefs look great. 2 games in, MJD has negative yardage...ouch.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 08:47 AM
I agree. On paper, these 3 are tier 1. Although, we were pick #3 and I was dreading taking MJD. From what I've seen of preseason here in Jax, their O-line makes the Chiefs look great. 2 games in, MJD has negative yardage...ouch.

You got AP with the 3rd pick?

Now look who's playing with homers :D

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2010, 08:53 AM
1 - Adrian Peterson
2 - Tony Romo
3 - Miles Austin
4 - Vincent Jackson
5 - Joseph Addai
6 - Pierre Garcon
7 - Flacco
8 - Steelers (D)
9 - Jonathan Stewart
10 - Hartley (K)
11 - Michael Bush
12 - Jeremy Maclin
13 - Zack Miller
14 - Dexter Mcluster

You drafted defense and K way too early. Those should be your last 2-3 picks.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 08:55 AM

I disagree,it all comes down to your scoring rules,there is no absolute when it comes to FF.

MahiMike
08-23-2010, 08:59 AM
You got AP with the 3rd pick?

Now look who's playing with homers :D

I hear that. Actually MJD went 4th. Drew Brees went 2nd. I just smile and move on...)

allen_kcCard
08-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Anyone have any kickass (in your opinion) overall player rankings that they might throw a link for?

Mile High Mania
08-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Round 8 out of 14 for a Defense or a K in any format is too early for me.

"Acceptable" early for me in a 14 round draft would be R11 for Defense if you have some rocking scoring for DST.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/

Good site for ADP, mocks, etc.

MahiMike
08-23-2010, 09:07 AM

Normally yes but I was way ahead of everyone else so I decided to get my #1's there since they operate in herd fashion...

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Round 8 out of 14 for a Defense or a K in any format is too early for me.

"Acceptable" early for me in a 14 round draft would be R11 for Defense if you have some rocking scoring for DST.

Our D/ST gets points for

Shutout=15
1-10 pts allowed=10
11-20 pts allowed=5
Safety=5
Sack,Int or FR=1
td's=6
Int or FR yards=.01 for each yard

We have 20 rounds in our draft(12 man league) and I've seen defense go as early as round 9

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2010, 09:12 AM
running backs used to be a premium. if you didnt get at least one stud RB in the first 2 rounds then you were fucked. now with rbbc its a lot different

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 09:17 AM
running backs used to be a premium. if you didnt get at least one stud RB in the first 2 rounds then you were ****ed. now with rbbc its a lot different

Meh,I had the 12th pick one year and took Randy Moss(Viking) and Torry Holt(Ram) b2b and won the whole thing.Again,there is no absolute in drafting a FF team,to me it's all about preparation,study and a little luck with a sleeper or two.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2010, 09:17 AM
I disagree,it all comes down to your scoring rules,there is no absolute when it comes to FF.

No, it doesn't matter upon scoring rules. Kickers are notoriously unpredictable. There isn't much difference in scoring among the top 10 defenses. Also, over the past few years the top drafted defense hasn't even finished in the top-10. Last year everyone was taking Pittsburgh or NY Giants first and second and both finished outside the top 10.

MahiMike
08-23-2010, 09:18 AM
running backs used to be a premium. if you didnt get at least one stud RB in the first 2 rounds then you were ****ed. now with rbbc its a lot different

I also read an interesting article in one of the FF magazines that stated the RB position has the most turnover and therefore biggest risk for your top picks. I had always felt that WR was the riskiest position since you don't know which of the 2nd/3rd tier guys will produce. This article suggested getting stud QB/WR and waiting until rounds 4 thru 7 to get all your RB's. Definitely against-the-grain strategy there.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 09:21 AM
No, it doesn't matter upon scoring rules. Kickers are notoriously unpredictable. There isn't much difference in scoring among the top 10 defenses. Also, over the past few years the top drafted defense hasn't even finished in the top-10. Last year everyone was taking Pittsburgh or NY Giants first and second and both finished outside the top 10.

So we'll agree to disagree,I posted my Defense scoring in post 52

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2010, 09:32 AM
So we'll agree to disagree,I posted my Defense scoring in post 52

Do you not realize that scoring system doesn't matter? What I'm saying is statistically defenses 1-10 don't perform much differently. Therefore, if my scoring system undervalues defenses still defense 1 will be just as undervalued as defense 10. In yours, defense 1 will be just as overvalued as defense 10.

In my league the average points per week last season between the top defense and defense #13 was less than 4 points.

For comparison, the average scoring difference between QB1 and QB6 was greater than the difference between Defense1 and Defense19.

MahiMike
08-23-2010, 09:33 AM
It's not about the kicker. It's about the offense. IMO, I'll take the dome kicker of a SB winning, high-powered offense every day...)

MahiMike
08-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Do you not realize that scoring system doesn't matter? What I'm saying is statistically defenses 1-10 don't perform much differently. Therefore, if my scoring system undervalues defenses still defense 1 will be just as undervalued as defense 10. In yours, defense 1 will be just as overvalued as defense 10.

In my league the average points per week last season between the top defense and defense #13 was less than 4 points.

For comparison, the average scoring difference between QB1 and QB6 was greater than the difference between Defense1 and Defense19.

That looks like my argument on TE's. Top to bottom is maybe 2 pts per week. I'd rather not be forced into even drafting them myself. But if I have to get one, I'll wait till the end. In our league, defenses win championships and kickers can give you a 7 pt swing in a close game.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2010, 09:51 AM
It's not about the kicker. It's about the offense. IMO, I'll take the dome kicker of a SB winning, high-powered offense every day...)

I understand what your argument is, but statistically in our league last year there was less than a 2 point per week difference between the top kicker and the 10th best kicker. Also, only 1 dome kicker was in the top 10.

TEs, K's, and D's have very little difference from 1-10 or 1-15 when compared to the relative performance between QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 09:55 AM

Point taken,I'm not so hard headed that I won't listen to reason,in fact I went to my league online and this is what I found.

QB 1 & 6 from 2009

QB 1 avg 25.84 week
QB 6 avg 21.37 week

DEF 1 & 19 from 2009

Def 1 avg 18.18 week
Def 19 avg 12.61 week

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Point taken,I'm not so hard headed that I won't listen to reason,in fact I went to my league online and this is what I found.

QB 1 & 6 from 2009

QB 1 avg 25.84 week
QB 6 avg 21.37 week

DEF 1 & 19 from 2009

Def 1 avg 18.18 week
Def 19 avg 12.61 week

Yeah, none of it's gospel and it's all based upon past performance data which means there's no certainty that it will have any correlation with future performance.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah, none of it's gospel and it's all based upon past performance data which means there's no certainty that it will have any correlation with future performance.

Take for instance in our league there were 3 defenses last year that were in the top 20 of overall scoring of all positions

Saints #15
Jets #16
Packers #18

allen_kcCard
08-23-2010, 10:05 AM
For me on defense, I try to get one defense that is considered a strong DST overall, and then that is the one that I play matchups as much as possible. Any time a free agent DST is up against a lower offense team I'll go snag them and start them for the week, and just use my drafted DST when there aren't free agent matchup options.

The Franchise
08-23-2010, 10:06 AM
I posted this in the Casino.....but I'll post it here to because I need some advice.

Alright....so I'm in a keeper league and I chose to keep Mike Sims-Walker (I didn't have shit on my team) and lose my 18th round pick. Here is a list of the players that are being kept.

Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Brett Favre
Matt Ryan

Chris Johnson
Ray Rice
Cedric Benson
Jamaal Charles
Justin Forsett

Mike Sims-Walker
Michael Crabtree

-----------------------------------------------------------

So here is my dilemma. I found out yesterday that I have the 3rd pick. Adrian Peterson is not going to last to my pick. My best friend picks before me and he told me that he values Michael Turner more than MJD at #2. He said he also might go QB at that spot (maybe Schaub).

Anyways.....it looks like it's more than likely going to come down to Maurice Jones-Drew and Andre Johnson at #3. If I didn't have Sims-Walker on my team....I would probably take MJD. But I'm seriously considering taking Andre Johnson and then trying to pick up a RB/WR combo in the 2nd and 3rd round. I just have a feeling that when it gets back to my pick in the 2nd round that all of the quality WRs are going to be gone.

The only shitty thing is that I don't see Greene or Mathews lasting until my 2nd pick.

Any advice or opinions?

Here are some of the rules for my league too.

6 point TDs for all positions
-1 point for interceptions
.25 ppr for RBs
.5 ppr for WRs
1 ppr for TEs

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 10:23 AM
I posted this in the Casino.....but I'll post it here to because I need some advice.

I've never cared for having a wr/rb combo from the same team,just my personal take but if were to do so I wouldn't mind the combo of AJ and Arian Foster and you should be able to snag him later while filling in the rest of your squad.

I realize MJD is a stud but I can also see the Jags playing from behind a lot this season and even though he'll get his touches in both the running and passing game I think the Texans are looking at a monster season taking a page from the Saints and Packers.

The Franchise
08-23-2010, 10:25 AM
I've never cared for having a wr/rb combo from the same team,just my personal take but if were to do so I wouldn't mind the combo of AJ and Arian Foster and you should be able to snag him later while filling in the rest of your squad.

I realize MJD is a stud but I can also see the Jags playing from behind a lot this season and even though he'll get his touches in both the running and passing game I think the Texans are looking at a monster season taking a page from the Saints and Packers.

So you're saying go with Andre Johnson at #3 then?

Because that's how I'm leaning.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Damn all this FF talk and I still have almost 2 weeks before my drafts,I'm ready to get this thing going.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 10:28 AM
So you're saying go with Andre Johnson at #3 then?

Because that's how I'm leaning.

That's my advice,I just think there's going to be plenty of good rb's in later rounds and add AJ to a squad with Walker who'll be on a team playing behind a lot and well it's just my .02

Mile High Mania
08-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Winning in Fantasy Football is about 55% drafting, 30% waiver wire and 15% luck. Yes, a great draft will give you one hell of a foundation, but if you have a mediocre draft - you can still do well IF you are active on the waiver wire and with trades.

Rarely do you see a SB winning roster that is 90-100% of the original drafted roster. Luck goes both ways, good and bad - you can be snake bitten by injury or totally avoid it. And, you have your hits and misses on sleepers, 2nd year slumps, etc.

Just my $.02

The Franchise
08-23-2010, 10:30 AM
That's my advice,I just think there's going to be plenty of good rb's in later rounds and add AJ to a squad with Walker who'll be on a team playing behind a lot and well it's just my .02

Yeah.....I'm definitely leaning towards AJ at #3. I'm really hoping that I can get a WR/RB run in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and then a WR/TE in the 4th and 5th.

Since the top 5-6 QBs are already going to be gone.....I'm not to worried about getting one early.

The Franchise
08-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Winning in Fantasy Football is about 55% drafting, 30% waiver wire and 15% luck. Yes, a great draft will give you one hell of a foundation, but if you have a mediocre draft - you can still do well IF you are active on the waiver wire and with trades.

Rarely do you see a SB winning roster that is 90-100% of the original drafted roster. Luck goes both ways, good and bad - you can be snake bitten by injury or totally avoid it. And, you have your hits and misses on sleepers, 2nd year slumps, etc.

Just my $.02

The year I won my FF championship.......I drafted LT in the 1st, Frank Gore in the 3rd, MJD in the 18th round and picked up Marion Barber on the waiver wire.

Skyy God
08-23-2010, 10:40 AM
My strategy will really depend on draft position. 1-4, the consensus top RBs make sense, even though it's a 6 pts/passing TD league. The spread between the 2nd QB last year (Breesus) and the 9th best QB was only 40 points. Good QBs will still be available in the 3rd and beyond.

I'd consider Rogers anytime after 4, however.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 10:44 AM
My strategy will really depend on draft position. 1-4, the consensus top RBs make sense, even though it's a 6 pts/passing TD league. The spread between the 2nd QB last year (Breesus) and the 9th best QB was only 40 points. Good QBs will still be available in the 3rd and beyond.

I'd consider Rogers anytime after 4, however.

Rodgers was the #1 scorer in our league last year passing Brees by 35 points,he'll go in the 1st round easily,of course our league plays all 17 regular weeks before starting our play-offs which go along with the NFL play-offs.

The Poz
08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
In a TD rewarded league I'm staying away from guys like SJax and LeSean McCoy. Good players but rarely see the end zone. I think Flacco can be a top 5 producer that can be had in the later rounds. I also think Ray Rice has been going a bit too soon in some mocks I've seen (4-6). He's a MJD type of player but with McGahee stealing TD's and the addition of new receivers I don't think he'll put up monster fantasy points.
I pick 10th in a 12 man pool and there's no telling who will land there. I've got a list of about 4 guys I'm targeting. Possibly Andre Johnson/Schaub combo with my 1-2 picks. Boom or bust.

Dante84
08-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I like the discussion points.

I am still curious, though, what the draft board should look like position by position. Anyone got anything they can throw out there?

MoreLemonPledge
08-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Take for instance in our league there were 3 defenses last year that were in the top 20 of overall scoring of all positions

Saints #15
Jets #16
Packers #18

Saints defense wasn't drafted by anyone last year.
Jets and Packers defenses were borderline top 10 going into last year (not sure I'd even go that far with the Packers), certainly not drafted early.

Point is, fantasy defenses are very volatile. A waiver wire defense has just as good a chance of being top 3 as the first defense drafted.

MMXcalibur
08-23-2010, 03:01 PM
I draft a defense with the bottom two picks (only because I HAVE to) and from there, I play the matchups by picking up defenses off the waiver wire. I'll play a subpar defense such as the Cardinals or Seahawks if they're playing a lowly offense like the Rams. I will also plan my strategies out weeks ahead of time by looking at the schedule and picking up defenses with the best matchups.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2010, 03:04 PM
A veteran fantasy player should know his league best and when to target players... it's a QB friendly league now, so if your league scores well for the QB position and you can get one of the 5-6 guys that should be near 30 TDs and 4,000 yards - you do it.

RBBC rules the league, so don't get caught up chasing RBs in R2/R3 if you can snag top tier WRs. If you start a TE, then by all means - get one of the 4-5 studs around R5, hoping the run on TE doesn't start prior.

WRs are deep once you get into the #18 overall area... you have a ton of options and with RBBC, a healthy RB always has a spot on your depth chart.

One key for drafting your QB2 ... know the bye week for your QB1 and look for an option that has a very FAVORABLE matchup during that bye week. It's the little things that add up and while I'm not a big fan of getting a QB/WR combo, if you can get your QB's primary WR as your #3 option (or flex), especially in a PPR league - do it.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2010, 03:08 PM
A veteran fantasy player should know his league best and when to target players... it's a QB friendly league now, so if your league scores well for the QB position and you can get one of the 5-6 guys that should be near 30 TDs and 4,000 yards - you do it.

RBBC rules the league, so don't get caught up chasing RBs in R2/R3 if you can snag top tier WRs. If you start a TE, then by all means - get one of the 4-5 studs around R5, hoping the run on TE doesn't start prior.

WRs are deep once you get into the #18 overall area... you have a ton of options and with RBBC, a healthy RB always has a spot on your depth chart.

One key for drafting your QB2 ... know the bye week for your QB1 and look for an option that has a very FAVORABLE matchup during that bye week. It's the little things that add up and while I'm not a big fan of getting a QB/WR combo, if you can get your QB's primary WR as your #3 option (or flex), especially in a PPR league - do it.

Regarding backup QB's:

I don't draft one.

I think it's more important to have an extra skill player than to hold a spot on your roster for a guy that's only going to play one week.

The only time I may change my mind is if I take a QB like Romo this year, who has a bye in Week 4.

Otherwise, I'd rather have the extra WR or RB, and potentially a bargaining chip for later in the season.

The Franchise
08-23-2010, 03:18 PM
The only way I draft a 2nd QB is if someone falls far......

Titty Meat
08-23-2010, 03:21 PM
I got Palmer in round 11.

rambleonthruthefog
08-23-2010, 03:24 PM
got my first of two drafts tomorrow. 10teams, and QB tds are only worth 4pts. in this league. i almost always go QB in the 1st(other league is 6pts for QB td's)' i'm picking 2nd. should i suck it up and get AP or stick to my guns and go with brees since i won't have another pick till #19?

Mile High Mania
08-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Since injuries are a part of the game, I try to make sure that I get a nice insurance policy at QB2... I won't sacrifice a great option at depth for WR/RB, but I'll always have a QB2 when the draft is complete.

MoreLemonPledge
08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
If you draft in the top 4, you have to take a RB. Don't try to get smart and take a WR or QB. Yes, RBBC rules the league, which is why CJ, AP, MJD, and Gore are so valuable. Remember, it's all about value more than anything.

ModSocks
08-23-2010, 04:22 PM
I'd wait to take a QB until rnd 3 (depending on where you draft). Guys like Rivers, Kolb, Favre etc should be available.

Top 4 picks have to be RB. Rice is one of my faves. I'd take him over Gore. I'd even take him over MJD, though most wouldn't.

If im picking in the 2nd half of the round, I'm looking at Andre Johnson or Aaron Rodgers. Preferably Johnson.

Here is how I usually do it:

If im picking at the end of the rnd, I put an emphasis on WR's and QB's.

If im picking at the start of the round, emphasis is on RB's.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I'd wait to take a QB until rnd 3 (depending on where you draft). Guys like Rivers, Kolb, Favre etc should be available.

Top 4 picks have to be RB. Rice is one of my faves. I'd take him over Gore. I'd even take him over MJD, though most wouldn't.

If im picking in the 2nd half of the round, I'm looking at Andre Johnson or Aaron Rodgers. Preferably Johnson.

Here is how I usually do it:

If im picking at the end of the rnd, I put an emphasis on WR's and QB's.

If im picking at the start of the round, emphasis is on RB's.

I'm picking 5th, and I know that CJ, AP, Rice and MJD will be gone.

If you give me a choice between Rodgers, Andre Johnson, Gore and Turner, I take Rodgers or AJ 100/100.

epitome1170
08-23-2010, 04:33 PM
OTW, I know you dislike MJD this year so I want yours (and others thoughts).

I get 2 keepers but then lose my 1st two picks. I have MJD, Rice and Rodgers... is it stupid to want to keep Rodgers over one of the other two?

ModSocks
08-23-2010, 04:34 PM

I get 2 keepers but then lose my 1st two picks. I have MJD, Rice and Rodgers... is it stupid to want to keep Rodgers over one of the other two?

I'd Keep Rice and Rodgers w/o even thinking about it.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2010, 04:34 PM

If your league gives 6 points for QB TD's, I keep Rodgers and Rice.

ModSocks
08-23-2010, 04:35 PM

If you give me a choice between Rodgers, Andre Johnson, Gore and Turner, I take Rodgers or AJ 100/100.

I agree. I avoid Gore at all costs. I don't think you get a full season out of him. Not a fan of Turner either.

MahiMike
08-23-2010, 04:42 PM

Just my $.02

True dat. I owe my trophy to Miles Austin and Jamaal Charles waiver wires.

The Bad Guy
08-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Well my draft is underway. It's an e-mail one, so this is going to take weeks because we are all over the country with different work schedules.

First pick - AP
2nd pick - Peyton Manning as a keeper
3rd - I took MJD
4th - Moss
5th - Calvin Johnson
6th - Gore

DeSean Jackson (4th), Carson Palmer (5th), Chris Johnson (5th), Shonn Greene (13th), Andre Johnson (1st), Brandon Marshall (2nd), Philip Rivers (4th), Roddy White (4th), Rashard Mendenhall (6th), Ray Rice (4th), DeAngelo Williams (4th) and Manning were all the ones kept. The value was based on a round earlier than they were drafted last year. Some guys have been on rosters for a while which is why CJ is a 5th.

I'm definitely going WR the next pick and then hopefully QB. I have my 2 backs in MJD and Shonn Greene so I won't touch that position for a while.

Hopefully Austin or Jennings is there when I pick.

Nzoner
08-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Regarding backup QB's:

I don't draft one.

I think it's more important to have an extra skill player than to hold a spot on your roster for a guy that's only going to play one week.

The only time I may change my mind is if I take a QB like Romo this year, who has a bye in Week 4.

Otherwise, I'd rather have the extra WR or RB, and potentially a bargaining chip for later in the season.

In our league you'd have no choice,all rosters carry the same amount of players at each position thus preventing an owner from hoarding players.

RUSH
08-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Off topic, and I would love to talk strategy and player rankings when I get a chance, but what waiver system do you guys use? I'm familiar with them, but I don't have a great grasp and know which system would be the best. I want our league to implement a completely fair system so that the first person that gets to the computer can't just pick up a player. It would have been done already if I was commish but I have to come up with these suggestions because he's not good at being one. I use yahoo if that helps at all.

epitome1170
08-24-2010, 06:25 AM
If your league gives 6 points for QB TD's, I keep Rodgers and Rice.

Does it matter that I have Schaub as well that will be dropped so that I may have a chance to pick him up as my QB1?

I am looking for a bit of reasoning behind this.

The Bad Guy
08-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Off topic, and I would love to talk strategy and player rankings when I get a chance, but what waiver system do you guys use? I'm familiar with them, but I don't have a great grasp and know which system would be the best. I want our league to implement a completely fair system so that the first person that gets to the computer can't just pick up a player. It would have been done already if I was commish but I have to come up with these suggestions because he's not good at being one. I use yahoo if that helps at all.

You can do a worst to first order of command for waiver pickups. Put a guy on waivers for 24-48 hours and the person with the higher priority gets that player.

Or, you can do a blind bidding system where you bid for the player you want.

suds79
08-24-2010, 06:46 AM

Picking 5th. Sure you could go Rodgers but getting a 4,000+ yard QB isn't that hard now a days.

Don't underestimate just how much Ray Rice will carry the load for Baltimore this year. I think he'll have a huge year.

Nzoner
08-24-2010, 06:51 AM
You can do a worst to first order of command for waiver pickups. Put a guy on waivers for 24-48 hours and the person with the higher priority gets that player.

Or, you can do a blind bidding system where you bid for the player you want.

I like the bidding idea but cannot stand that worst to first crap,to me it's like rewarding a team for sucking.Our league has discussed this over the years and each year we stay with our original rule,if you care enough about your team you'll figure out a way to watch the games and be on the ready because it's a free-for-all.

The Bad Guy
08-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Picking 5th. Sure you could go Rodgers but getting a 4,000+ yard QB isn't that hard now a days.

Don't underestimate just how much Ray Rice will carry the load for Baltimore this year. I think he'll have a huge year.

I disagree about Rodgers. In that offense, he's getting about 4300 yards and at least 30 passing TDs. When you factor in he can run as he ran for over 300 yards last year and 5 TDs - those are monster numbers in a 6-point per passing TD format.

Rice is great, but as long as Willis is there, I'm going to be concerned about Rice.

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2010, 06:59 AM
I disagree about Rodgers. In that offense, he's getting about 4300 yards and at least 30 passing TDs. When you factor in he can run as he ran for over 300 yards last year and 5 TDs - those are monster numbers in a 6-point per passing TD format.

Rice is great, but as long as Willis is there, I'm going to be concerned about Rice.

Exactly. McGahee will steal goalline carries from Rice. Additionally, Baltimore will open up the passing game more this season and I expect Rice's receiving and rushing totals to dip from last season.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Does it matter that I have Schaub as well that will be dropped so that I may have a chance to pick him up as my QB1?

I am looking for a bit of reasoning behind this.

You know your league, I don't.

I know that in my league, the only way I guarantee myself an elite QB is to take Rodgers 5th overall.

I guess it depends on how important a QB is to you.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2010, 08:13 AM

Rice won't be available in my league. I've already been told by the guy picking 3rd that he's taking him.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2010, 08:15 AM

Exactly why I think Rodgers is a clear-cut Top 6 pick in a 6-point/TD league.

We get a point per 10 yards rushing, so that's an extra 60-70 points from your QB.

Ceej
08-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Okay, ten team league. Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D and defensive players. Here are the players being held over:

Mr Plow - Schaub, LeSean McCoy
Absolutely Perfect - Brees, Gore
Slam Dunk - Charles, Austin Miles
Bulletproof Tigers - Brady, Ryan Grant
The Fed - MJD, Calvin Johnson
TouchesBoysButts- Aaron Rodgers, Rice
Team 58 - Andre Johnson, DeAngelo Williams
Shake n Bake - Fitzgerald, Felix Jones
Lay the Wood - Manning, AP
GoBalls Deep - Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson

I'm TouchesBoysButts -- I'm targeting WR in round 1. I'm picking 9/10. I'd love it if Moss/Wayne fell to me. Any other WRs there at pick 9 I should be eyeing?

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Okay, ten team league. Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D and defensive players. Here are the players being held over:

Mr Plow - Schaub, LeSean McCoy
Absolutely Perfect - Brees, Gore
Slam Dunk - Charles, Austin Miles
Bulletproof Tigers - Brady, Ryan Grant
The Fed - MJD, Calvin Johnson
TouchesBoysButts- Aaron Rodgers, Rice
Team 58 - Andre Johnson, DeAngelo Williams
Shake n Bake - Fitzgerald, Felix Jones
Lay the Wood - Manning, AP
GoBalls Deep - Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson

I'm TouchesBoysButts -- I'm targeting WR in round 1. I'm picking 9/10. I'd love it if Moss/Wayne fell to me. Any other WRs there at pick 9 I should be eyeing?

First, team "Shake 'n Bake" must suck to be keeping Fitz and Jones.

Second, with that much talent already "off the board" I'd be shocked to see Moss or Wayne make it to your pick.

If you're targeting WR there, you're probably looking at Roddy White, Greg Jennings or DeSean Jackson.

Ceej
08-24-2010, 08:36 AM
First, team "Shake 'n Bake" must suck to be keeping Fitz and Jones.

Second, with that much talent already "off the board" I'd be shocked to see Moss or Wayne make it to your pick.

If you're targeting WR there, you're probably looking at Roddy White, Greg Jennings or DeSean Jackson.

DJax is being held over. Are you an advocate of doubling up with ARodge and Jennings? I don't mind it in certain scenarios -- like Schaub/AJ. Just iffy on the ARodge/Jennings combo especially when I was targeting Finley in the later rounds.

The Bad Guy
08-24-2010, 08:42 AM
I got someone to agree to swap picks with me in a big money league. I went from 10 to 8.

I'm thinking I'm guaranteed to get etiher Brees, Rodgers or Andre Johnson assuming that AP, CJ, Gore, MJD and Rice go in the top 7.

The draft isn't for 2 weeks, but I'm debating if getting Andre Johnson and Tony Romo would be better than getting Aaron Rodgers and Miles Austin. It's 6 for a TD and a PPR league.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2010, 08:45 AM
DJax is being held over. Are you an advocate of doubling up with ARodge and Jennings? I don't mind it in certain scenarios -- like Schaub/AJ. Just iffy on the ARodge/Jennings combo especially when I was targeting Finley in the later rounds.

Sorry, I missed Jackson on that list.

I'm definitely an advocate of doubling up. In your case, it depends on which guy you think you can get, and where.

In my re-draft league, if Jennings is there with my 3rd round pick (#29) I'm taking him to pair with Rodgers.

There's not enough difference in performance between the #1 TE and the #12 TE for me to value Finley more than Jennings - or any other high end WR, for that matter.

If I miss on Jennings, however, I'll do my best to grab Finley, even if I have to reach a round.

Ceej
08-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Of the two WRs you posted I like Jennings significantly more. I just don't think I could take Roddy White at the end of round 1. I'd much rather set my RB foundation. Maybe someone like Mendenhall would be a good #2 RB.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Of the two WRs you posted I like Jennings significantly more. I just don't think I could take Roddy White at the end of round 1. I'd much rather set my RB foundation. Maybe someone like Mendenhall would be a good #2 RB.

If you went RB there, (or on the way back) I'd be looking at Mathews, Mendenhall, and Greene.

Ceej
08-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Who do you give the slight edge to? I love the fact that Matthew plays in the AFCW, as sad as that sounds. I also like Pittsburgh's ground-n-pound mentality, especially with Rofflesberger suspended I expect Mendenhall to carry the offense.

I think either guy is a win-win scenario.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Who do you give the slight edge to? I love the fact that Matthew plays in the AFCW, as sad as that sounds. I also like Pittsburgh's ground-n-pound mentality, especially with Rofflesberger suspended I expect Mendenhall to carry the offense.

I think either guy is a win-win scenario.

Matthews.

As someone else pointed out, he looks like Matt Forte, with more burst. And Norv has said the kid is going to get a TON of work.

Plus - and I don't recall the exact number - but he faces something like 10 or 11 bottom 10 rush defenses.

I'm hoping he falls to 19 in my league, but I'm not counting on it.

Ceej
08-24-2010, 09:15 AM
I see. I will target either at the end of the round 1. And probably go WR the next 3-4 rounds.

rambleonthruthefog
08-24-2010, 11:23 AM
how early is too early to take a d. i've gont through 3 mocks today, and i'm usually satisfied with my roster by round 9. is late round 9 or ealy round 10 to early to take a top d like the jets? most all players left are pretty much scrubs and not likely to start more than 1 or 2 weeks the whole season, anyway.

also, romo or rivers?

Rausch
08-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm thinking I'm guaranteed to get etiher Brees, Rodgers or Andre Johnson assuming that AP, CJ, Gore, MJD and Rice go in the top 7.

I'd snag Johnson given the choice.

The Bad Guy
08-24-2010, 01:01 PM
This online draft has taken a dramatic turn here and the receivers are going much faster than I anticipated.

Jennings, Wayne, De. Jax, Moss, Calvin, Marshall, White Andre are all gone. There's 8 picks to go until I pick so I imagine the pickings will be slim.

It's a PPR league. Would it be nuts to take Welker in the 2nd?

Swanman
08-24-2010, 02:38 PM
I am picking 9th in a 10 team league and for the first time will probably do a reverse draft unless a premier RB falls to 9. Thinking something like Brees or Rodgers then one of the elite WRs in the second. Get my RBs in the 3rd and 4th.

L.A. Chieffan
08-24-2010, 02:45 PM
I ususally buy the magazines but probably not this year.

What is the best site to print out cheat sheets?

CHENZ A!
08-24-2010, 03:44 PM
This online draft has taken a dramatic turn here and the receivers are going much faster than I anticipated.

Jennings, Wayne, De. Jax, Moss, Calvin, Marshall, White Andre are all gone. There's 8 picks to go until I pick so I imagine the pickings will be slim.

It's a PPR league. Would it be nuts to take Welker in the 2nd?

I think 2nd is too early for him. I'm in a ppr(.5 per catch) league, and had him last year. Nice player to have, but he hardly ever sees the endzone, or catches for over 100 yds in a game. Plus he's coming off injury. I got him in the 4th I think last year. Maybe it was the 5th.. I wouldn't go for him this year until the 5th. 10 team league btw
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
08-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I think 2nd is too early for him. I'm in a ppr(.5 per catch) league, and had him last year. Nice player to have, but he hardly ever sees the endzone, or catches for over 100 yds in a game. Plus he's coming off injury. I got him in the 4th I think last year. Maybe it was the 5th.. I wouldn't go for him this year until the 5th. 10 team league btw
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, no chance he's there in the 5th. It's a 12-teamer that is mid-way through round 2 and the entire top 10 receivers are gone. Granted, this is largely due to the draft value of the keepers (AJ, D. Jax, Roddy White, Brandon Marshall were all kept at various values), but the only receivers left that can be legit #1's in a PPR are Welker, Boldin and either Steve Smith.

I know he's coming off an injury, but if he's healthy, he's getting 100+ catches.

The Bad Guy
08-24-2010, 07:53 PM
I am picking 9th in a 10 team league and for the first time will probably do a reverse draft unless a premier RB falls to 9. Thinking something like Brees or Rodgers then one of the elite WRs in the second. Get my RBs in the 3rd and 4th.

Get your receivers first after the QB and then go for the RBs.

allen_kcCard
08-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Our league is switching to a keeper league for the first time starting this year. Looks like we are going to be keeping 3 players, at least from 2010-2011, not sure of the number will change.

What are some prime keeper targets to to move higher to get them on the team?

This is an auto-draft, so I can't just try to play it by ear and see how things are going, I have to move those types of players up to get them in a spot that others would most likely not have them yet.

It is the ESPN fantasy site, and I've been adjusting things to be more like what the ADP is from http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php.

Some of the players in the ADP seem pretty over-valued, like Sydney Rice, who it had going at 36 overall when ESPN had him way down out of the top 100. I also want to try to find players where I want them on the team, but know other owners will likely not even have them int he neighborhood of where I might move them otherwise. I went ahead and moved them up to get the order more like ADP, but am tracking them to look at moving them back down later.

Some others that moved a long way in comparison of the two lists:

Anthony Gonzalez 180 -> 120
Mohameh Massaquoi 184 -> 124
Roy Williams 228 -> 148
Some others like Hester and Cribbs that I think it is because some ADP people pick them for return yd scoring leagues.

The Franchise
08-25-2010, 05:14 PM
If you're going to play FF.....why do an autodraft?

RustShack
08-25-2010, 05:32 PM
lol@autodrafts

Dante84
08-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Sooooooo...... 'bout them positional rankings lists...... anyone got any good lists? (6points qb td's)

I've got fantasy toolbox's list or whatever, and also yahoo's.

Nzoner
08-25-2010, 06:20 PM
If you're going to play FF.....why do an autodraft?

lol@autodrafts

This and this

Ceej
08-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Auto-draft? Is it a free league?

Whyyyyyyy?

allen_kcCard
08-26-2010, 11:18 AM
auto-draft because my cousin that runs it is in the navy and has several friends also serving...they are spread out all over the world, and no one would be able to attend a live draft.

I ask every year, and he says no one would be able to do a live draft and I leave it at that. I'd like to do an online live draft, and jsut have people that can't make it do autopicks, but it family and I'm not going to argue the point up and down. Most of them are FF newbies before we started this one a couple seasons ago.