PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs First Round of Cutdowns 8/31

KCDC
08-23-2010, 03:58 PM
From AP:

On Tuesday, Aug. 31 the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL will be required to trim their rosters from 80 to 75 players. Five days after that and they'll be getting it down to 53 players.

That's over a third of the (current) team that will be released in less than two weeks.

Here's my list of 15 who might get the axe first:

Tyler Eastman OL
David Grimes WR
Rich Gunnell WR
Lance Long WR
Jake O'Connell TE
Dan Santucci C
Cody Slate TE
Verran Tucker WR
Bill Stull QB
Ricky Price S
John Russell LB
Dion Gales DE
Mike Richardson CB
Cory Greenwood LB
David Herron LB

Rasputin
08-23-2010, 03:59 PM
:reaper:

The_Doctor10
08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
But lance long was the white fan favorite....

KCDC
08-23-2010, 04:01 PM
The five easiest might be:

Eastman
Grimes
Tucker
Slate
Russell

Yeah, Hamas, I know they should cut O'Connell here, but I think he goes in the next round.

RealSNR
08-23-2010, 04:14 PM
The five easiest might be:

Eastman
Grimes
Tucker
Slate
Russell

Yeah, Hamas, I know they should cut O'Connell here, but I think he goes in the next round.I assume O'Connell is here because he's a multi-functional TE. He just sucks equally at all aspects of the position.

At least Slate can catch the damn ball.

ModSocks
08-23-2010, 04:16 PM
I assume O'Connell is here because he's a multi-functional TE. He just sucks equally at all aspects of the position.

At least Slate can catch the damn ball.

O'Connell is here because he sucks Pioli's taint. Im sure Pioli has found someone new for that now.

O'Conell doesn't make it past rnd 2.

Halfcan
08-23-2010, 05:57 PM
From AP:

On Tuesday, Aug. 31 the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL will be required to trim their rosters from 80 to 75 players. Five days after that and they'll be getting it down to 53 players.

That's over a third of the (current) team that will be released in less than two weeks.

Here's my list of 15 who might get the axe first:

Tyson Jackson Blockeater
David Grimes WR
Rich Gunnell WR
Lance Long WR
Jake O'Connell TE
Dan Santucci C
Cody Slate TE
Verran Tucker WR
Bill Stull QB
Ricky Price S
John Russell LB
Dion Gales DE
Mike Richardson CB
Cory Greenwood LB
David Herron LB

fyp:D

Pasta Little Brioni
08-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Pioli will hand O'Conell the rose and he'll be a part of the right 53 on the season finale of the Bachelor KC.

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Cody Slate? You haven't watched any preseason games have you. He has been our best TE so far.

KCDC
08-23-2010, 07:15 PM
He did have a good game in Tampa, but I don't see him on the final 53. I could be wrong.

Oxford
08-23-2010, 07:19 PM
He did have a good game in Tampa, but I don't see him on the final 53. I could be wrong.

I think they cut practice squad candidates first, figuring they can slip them through while everyone else is busy cutting the players they know.

BryanBusby
08-23-2010, 07:24 PM
But lance long was the white fan favorite....

CasteFootball will weep

RealSNR
08-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Cody Slate? You haven't watched any preseason games have you. He has been our best TE so far.Maybe he's not that proficient of a blocker? I can't imagine him being any worse than Jake O'Connell at that skill. I've only been listening to Mitch and Lenny on the web for the preseason broadcasts and don't have NFL Network, so I couldn't give an opinion.

Either way, Pope and Moeaki have two of the spots wrapped up. There wouldn't be much room on that line to fit him in as a pass-catcher.

Wait a minute, what am I saying? Moeaki's going to be on the bench. There just might be room for him on the roster.

DaneMcCloud
08-23-2010, 08:01 PM
For coaches and an offensive scheme that values a blocking and catching tight end, these guys fucking suck at identifying solid contributors.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Cut em' all! Let God sort 'em out.

Cosmos
08-23-2010, 08:48 PM
This is Pioli's time to make some hay.

If free agents aren't going to come here, whether it's due to money or location, pickig off of other teams cuts is the next best way to improve your talent base outside of the draft.

Hopefully Pioli will look outside the coaching tree.

So this team has the 5th highest claim position??

gblowfish
08-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Is Ray Farmer still the Grim Reaper?

Buehler445
08-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Is Ray Farmer still the Grim Reaper?

I hope so.