PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV CFN not ready for prime time

Baby Lee
08-28-2010, 08:47 AM
That was one confusing watch. Went from Arenas catching the punt in the third to the Eagles at 1st and 10 in the shadow of their EZ with 2 minutes off the clock.

Had a close 2rd and short for the Eagles, and the superimposed lines showed them coming up short, and the legend said 3rd and 1, while it was a 1st down.

And in the strangest thing I've seen in a while, came back from the Chiefs punting it away, and in the course of one play it goes from 1st & 10, to 2nd & 2, to 3rd & 1.

Ralphy Boy
08-28-2010, 08:56 AM
I liked the part where the eagles score went from 19 to 18 to 19 then 20

Deberg_1990
08-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Are you talking about the local broadcast? Most of them are pretty bad......its not just a Chiefs thing.

boogblaster
08-28-2010, 09:01 AM
im ashamed .. again ....

Baby Lee
08-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Are you talking about the local broadcast? Most of them are pretty bad......its not just a Chiefs thing.

The Chiefs Football Network broadcast, with TG, rebroadcast on NFLN. Yeah, the local broadcast.

I understand they're not the big boys, but this went from amateur to downright confusing, in a 'wait why do they have the ball, and where did our entire possession go, and how do you come back from commercial after a change of possession and the first play is 3 downs or . . ,. wait what?'

Bugeater
08-28-2010, 09:13 AM
It's bad every year, especially the camera work.

Stewie
08-28-2010, 09:20 AM
I liked the part where the eagles score went from 19 to 18 to 19 then 20

Heh! We laughed about that one. I can picture the graphic person saying, "Hey, a touchdown is how many points? And what happened on the extra point."

As a KU fan I think Mike Kelly does a decent job. He missed a couple of things but that's to be expected when the Chiefs aren't your main gig. Plus, he doesn't sound as depressing as when I've listened to him call MU games. Sometimes I wonder if I should call the suicide hot line for him.

DaFace
08-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Eh, they only do 4 games a year. They don't get much practice.

Gonzo
08-28-2010, 09:44 AM
I noticed a lot of fubars last night as well. The biggest one was when the ref told them to reset the game clock to like 3:44 and all of a sudden it said 44:00. They left that on there for like a minute. They were having a tough time with it.
I don't think Trent will ever be called up either, he was just to repetitive.
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief
08-28-2010, 09:49 AM
I like Trent Green. He does a nice job of keeping it interesting. As he gets a little more experience, he'll get more comfortable being a little more frank when it's deserved.

The camera work, graphics, and sideline reporting was miserable.

I.E. reporting on Sheffield. Yeah, the team isn't going to say much. But you can surely talk to someone or observe something that would allow you to say slightly more than "Sheffield has a neck injury." Was there any movement? What were people saying?

But the cardinal sin was the camera work on DJ's assault on Philly's RB. Just criminal to miss that.

Kyle DeLexus
08-28-2010, 11:49 AM
I like Trent Green. He does a nice job of keeping it interesting. As he gets a little more experience, he'll get more comfortable being a little more frank when it's deserved.

The camera work, graphics, and sideline reporting was miserable.

I.E. reporting on Sheffield. Yeah, the team isn't going to say much. But you can surely talk to someone or observe something that would allow you to say slightly more than "Sheffield has a neck injury." Was there any movement? What were people saying?

But the cardinal sin was the camera work on DJ's assault on Philly's RB. Just criminal to miss that.

"I was told he has a neck injury, i'll say it again he has a neck injury".....well no shit.

kcfanXIII
08-28-2010, 01:49 PM
there were stretches of 20 seconds between plays of dead silence. i love trent green as much as any chiefs fan, but he doesn't belong in the booth. i like his insight on shows like nfl live and such, its too bad that doesn't translate well into a color commentator's role.

Rausch
08-28-2010, 01:51 PM
It's bad every year, especially the camera work.

I only wish we could blame it on the camera work...

Chiefshrink
08-28-2010, 02:10 PM
The Chiefs Football Network broadcast, with TG, rebroadcast on NFLN. Yeah, the local broadcast.

I understand they're not the big boys, but this went from amateur to downright confusing, in a 'wait why do they have the ball, and where did our entire possession go, and how do you come back from commercial after a change of possession and the first play is 3 downs or . . ,. wait what?'

I was thinking the same thing, WTF? We got the ball, how the hell did they get it back? Did I missing something here? I rewound my TiVo thinking I fastforwarded to fast but I didn't:rolleyes:

08-28-2010, 03:02 PM
The thing that annoys the crap out of me is constantly going down to the sideline reporter for pointless updates and interviews. When they went down to him to say there was nothing to report about one of our injured players I just rolled my eyes.

Chief Roundup
08-28-2010, 03:17 PM
It is CTN not CFN
Chiefs Television Network.

Bugeater
08-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing, WTF? We got the ball, how the hell did they get it back? Did I missing something here? I rewound my TiVo thinking I fastforwarded to fast but I didn't:rolleyes:
So are you guys saying an entire possession somehow disappeared? I didn't see the second half.

Baby Lee
08-28-2010, 03:36 PM
So are you guys saying an entire possession somehow disappeared? I didn't see the second half.

Yeah, they went right from Arenas fielding a punt at the 15 or so, to the Eagles 1st & 10 on like their 10-15, with approx 2 minutes off the clock. Later the commentary mentioned a 71 yard punt that we must've missed.

I wanna say around 12:10-10:15 in the 4th.

keg in kc
08-28-2010, 03:57 PM
The radio broadcast was doing something confusing last night that I don't remember them doing in the past. They'd come out of commercial breaks with replays of Chiefs scoring plays from earlier in the game. So expecting them to come back from commercials to a Philly possession, I'd instead hear a Bowe TD catch or a Jones TD run, making me wonder how KC had gotten the ball back.

Just a bit confusing...

Fish
08-28-2010, 04:03 PM
The radio broadcast was doing something confusing last night that I don't remember them doing in the past. They'd come out of commercial breaks with replays of Chiefs scoring plays from earlier in the game. So expecting them to come back from commercials to a Philly possession, I'd instead hear a Bowe TD catch or a Jones TD run, making me wonder how KC had gotten the ball back.

Just a bit confusing...

Yeah... that seriously threw me for a loop too. Getting all excited for nothing...

08-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah... that seriously threw me for a loop too. Getting all excited for nothing...

Looks like they achieved what they were going for.

Bugeater
08-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah, they went right from Arenas fielding a punt at the 15 or so, to the Eagles 1st & 10 on like their 10-15, with approx 2 minutes off the clock. Later the commentary mentioned a 71 yard punt that we must've missed.

I wanna say around 12:10-10:15 in the 4th.
So the time elapsed from the game, but not from the TV broadcast? That's strange. I wonder if they went to a commercial break when they weren't supposed to.

Ebolapox
08-28-2010, 05:56 PM
what was the catastrophe slogan that came up periodically? that was comical.

Bugeater
08-28-2010, 06:14 PM
what was the catastrophe slogan that came up periodically? that was comical.
SERVICEMASTER CATASTROPHE

Ebolapox
08-28-2010, 06:15 PM
SERVICEMASTER CATASTROPHE

ROFL

exactly. fucking BRILLIANT, and very apropos.

BigRock
08-28-2010, 06:43 PM
CTN is so ghetto. Why don't they just hook up with one of the local network affiliates for game coverage? Then the affiliate, whether it's NBC, CBS, or FOX, gets to use their official network's NFL presentation. It looks so much better that way.

keg in kc
08-28-2010, 06:51 PM
CTN is so ghetto. Why don't they just hook up with one of the local network affiliates for game coverage? Then the affiliate, whether it's NBC, CBS, or FOX, gets to use their official network's NFL presentation. It looks so much better that way.I'm pretty sure they're joined at the hip with KCTV5, although maybe that's changed.