PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Luck or locker?

swayy07
08-28-2010, 10:27 AM
so i know its WAYYY early to be bitching about this stuff but who thinks we draft jake locker or andrew luck with our first round pick next draft?

-King-
08-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Locker.

Brock
08-28-2010, 10:28 AM
As much as either one would make me jizz, I don't think either one is going to be on this team. No way in hell.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2010, 10:29 AM
so i know its WAYYY early to be bitching about this stuff .........

swayy07
08-28-2010, 10:30 AM

?

Bane
08-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Those guys suck ass,Casshole came from USC /Mecca
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-28-2010, 10:35 AM
It's not happening.

tk13
08-28-2010, 10:37 AM
We won't need them after we sign Colt McCoy.

chiefzilla1501
One thing that worries me about Locker is he can make the big throw, but he's not great at putting it on the mark. He almost reminds me of a much better version of Derek Anderson.

Luck seems like more of a pure QB to me. I'd rather the pure pocket QB than the athletic guy who's got some zip on an average ball.

Bane
It's not happening.
Yep, I gave up on Locker being a Chief forever ago.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
08-28-2010, 10:40 AM
One thing that worries me about Locker is he can make the big throw, but he's not great at putting it on the mark. He almost reminds me of a much better version of Derek Anderson.

Luck seems like more of a pure QB to me. I'd rather the pure pocket QB than the athletic guy who's got some zip on an average ball.

I know its apples and oranges,but a much better version of Anderson,is better than any version of Casshole.Just saying.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish
08-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Jimmy Clausen.

Bane
08-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Jimmy Clausen.
Hahahahahahahahaha!
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier
08-28-2010, 11:17 AM
I don't think we will be drafting high enough to get either one.

Titty Meat
08-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Luck and it's not even close.

RealSNR
08-28-2010, 11:38 AM
If an elite QB is available to us and we pass, I'm going to kill everything I know

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 11:44 AM

I really need to watch some tape of this guy.

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I really need to watch some tape of this guy.

He's like a more conservative version of Matt Ryan. His fundamentals are flawless. He's not the most accurate of QBs and I think he needs a lot more experience, but he could be great in Weis' offense. I think in terms of footwork and pocket presence, he looks really sharp. Good way to make your offensive line look a lot better when you have a QB that actually understands how to move around in the pocket.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 12:16 PM
He's like a more conservative version of Matt Ryan. His fundamentals are flawless. He's not the most accurate of QBs and I think he needs a lot more experience, but he could be great in Weis' offense. I think in terms of footwork and pocket presence, he looks really sharp. Good way to make your offensive line look a lot better when you have a QB that actually understands how to move around in the pocket.

Is he a vertical QB?

-King-
08-28-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't know much about Luck, but Jake Lockers release and his mobility are fucking great.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 12:25 PM
This seems to be a pretty good representation of the good, the bad, and the ugly:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PiFkLbz2FUw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PiFkLbz2FUw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Is he a vertical QB?

Based on the Stanford system, it's hard to tell. He seems to do okay when asked to do so, but if we're committed to Charlie Weis' offense, that's not something that should matter too much. People harp on Cassel a lot for not being able to throw downfield. That doesn't bother me that much. There's still room for a horizontal QB, but Luck, unlike Cassel, has 1000 times a better feel for his pocket, 1000 times better footwork, and gets rid of the ball 1000 times quicker.

I'm pretty convinced Luck could step into an NFL offense and start from game 1.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Not so good quality, and horrible music, but:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8GnN_bTYtq4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8GnN_bTYtq4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Based on the Stanford system, it's hard to tell. He seems to do okay when asked to do so, but if we're committed to Charlie Weis' offense, that's not something that should matter too much. People harp on Cassel a lot for not being able to throw downfield. That doesn't bother me that much. There's still room for a horizontal QB, but Luck, unlike Cassel, has 1000 times a better feel for his pocket, 1000 times better footwork, and gets rid of the ball 1000 times quicker.

I'm pretty convinced Luck could step into an NFL offense and start from game 1.

He does look pretty accurate on the short stuff, and his pocket awareness is light-years beyond our current roster.

DeezNutz
08-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Gabbert.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Gabbert.

No decent film on him yet, he'll have to make some this year. :rockon:

DeezNutz
08-28-2010, 01:03 PM

He'll need to...

He's going to be a special player in the league...a more athletic Rothlisberger (minus the tendency to assault women, we hope).

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 01:08 PM
He'll need to...

He's going to be a special player in the league...a more athletic Rothlisberger (minus the tendency to assault women, we hope).

Should be a lot of fun to see what he can do this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Jesus, that Locker boy got some skills.

Titty Meat
08-28-2010, 01:15 PM

I got some film on Gabbert if you want to see it.

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Jesus, that Locker boy got some skills.

When you watch the highlight film, yes. I still think the kid is more touted for his athleticism and arm, but to me, those things are only secondary in importance. But I think when you watch his overall body of work, you'll see that he misses quite a bit and when he misses, he sometimes misses by a lot.

Luck seems to have a much better feel for putting the ball in the right place. Not just making the right decision, but knowing where to put it in a spot that only the receiver can get it.

I just think Locker is too much of a project. I wouldn't be upset if he went to the Chiefs, but if I had a choice, no doubt would I go for Luck.

I don't know much about Gabbert. Or Mallett to have an opiinion.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 01:28 PM

Sure...

Saccopoo
08-28-2010, 01:45 PM
so i know its WAYYY early to be bitching about this stuff but who thinks we draft jake locker or andrew luck with our first round pick next draft?

No chance whatsoever.

Derrick Johnson's erratic play and Vrabel's age dictate that the position will be linebacker.

The pick is obviously Greg Jones, ILB; Michigan State.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/212/464/greg-jones-8b21de3acb22fa3b_display_image.jpg?1272431226

Bugeater
08-28-2010, 01:49 PM
So do I. :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/naqxF7TlQWc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/naqxF7TlQWc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Saccopoo
08-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Besides, I think that Garrett Gilbert or Blaine Gabbert has better pro upside than either Luck or Locker. Luck had the fortune to rely on Toby Gerhardt carrying a shit ton of the load this past season. We'll see how he does when teams don't have to put eight or nine in the box in an effort to try and stop Gerhardt. Locker is a phenomenal athlete who reminds me a little of Donovan McNabb when he came into the league. Gabbert fits nearly every ideal in terms of physical stature and tools in terms of the "prototypical" NFL quarterback. Gilbert needs to fill out his frame, but showed a shit ton of poise and talent in the NCAA Championship game. Was the #1 high school qb prospect in the nation and has all the tools.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 02:02 PM
So do I. :D

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/naqxF7TlQWc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

:cuss:

ChiefsCountry
08-28-2010, 02:33 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdagmnnKUx0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdagmnnKUx0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Here is Mallet's highlight reel.

Saul Good
08-28-2010, 02:42 PM
This seems to be a pretty good representation of the good, the bad, and the ugly:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PiFkLbz2FUw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PiFkLbz2FUw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't like the stutter-step thing he does on his drop-back. Instead of a 5 step drop, he tends to stutter-step and take 7 or even 9 steps. He'll need to cut that out.

Bugeater
08-28-2010, 02:49 PM
:cuss:
Eh, I just got the -8 turnover ISU game dropped on me in another thread, so what comes around...

Titty Meat
08-28-2010, 03:08 PM
No chance whatsoever.

Derrick Johnson's erratic play and Vrabel's age dictate that the position will be linebacker.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/212/464/greg-jones-8b21de3acb22fa3b_display_image.jpg?1272431226

Quan Sturdivant will be a better 3-4 ILB.

DeezNutz
08-28-2010, 03:14 PM
No chance whatsoever.

Ok...feeling better about the chances of KC taking a QB.

Besides, I think that Garrett Gilbert or Blaine Gabbert has better pro upside than either Luck or Locker.

Fuck. Doubts about my analytical capabilities entering my mind...;)

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 03:15 PM
<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdagmnnKUx0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

Here is Mallet's highlight reel.

Impressive. Most impressive.

notorious
08-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Is he a vertical QB?

What is that?

I have only watched the Chiefs in the preseason. I figured that the NFL imposed a new rule this year prohibiting passes of 10 or more yards if the team wears red.

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't like the stutter-step thing he does on his drop-back. Instead of a 5 step drop, he tends to stutter-step and take 7 or even 9 steps. He'll need to cut that out.

Yeah, a little bit. Doesn't bother me that much, though. Regardless of whether it's a 3-, 5-, or 7-step drop, when he needs to be quick and decisive, he doesn't do that. He seems to do that when he knows he's got a little room and time. Something to adjust, but I don't think it's going to keep any coaches up at night.

BWillie
08-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Um.....Ryan Mallet over these guys as of right now.

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Besides, I think that Garrett Gilbert or Blaine Gabbert has better pro upside than either Luck or Locker. Luck had the fortune to rely on Toby Gerhardt carrying a shit ton of the load this past season. We'll see how he does when teams don't have to put eight or nine in the box in an effort to try and stop Gerhardt. Locker is a phenomenal athlete who reminds me a little of Donovan McNabb when he came into the league. Gabbert fits nearly every ideal in terms of physical stature and tools in terms of the "prototypical" NFL quarterback. Gilbert needs to fill out his frame, but showed a shit ton of poise and talent in the NCAA Championship game. Was the #1 high school qb prospect in the nation and has all the tools.

So Luck has the "fortune" of a workhorse RB, but Gabbert doesn't have the "fortune" of a pass-friendly spread offense? Or Gilbert too?

Luck is a pro style QB. I don't care if defenses are loading 8 or 9 guys in the box, being able to do all those drops and operate a pro style offense as only a sophomore is not easy.

Maybe Gilbert or Gabbert have more upside. But goddamn, you have to factor in the risk of them never adapting to a pro style offense.

Titty Meat
08-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Luck is the best QB with the most upside. I see him as the kind of guy who can win you a game you have no business winning like the MNF game.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ol_I_g_jeGs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ol_I_g_jeGs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Um.....Ryan Mallet over these guys as of right now.

This should change your mind. I don't know much about him. But I'm not fired up about him. People get so obsessed with tape measures and big arm / athleticism. I don't care about that shit.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011rmallett.php
Ryan Mallett Scouting Report
By Matt McGuire

Strengths:
Good bulk and great height to scan the field
Outstanding arm strength
Very high talent level and upside
Adept at reading coverages
Nice mental clock in pocket
Quick release
Makes some jaw-dropping throws
Sells play action

Weaknesses:
Poor technician
Footwork needs a lot of polish
Lacks some balance as a passer
Not very athletic or mobile
Not a very accurate passer
Shows some inconsistency
Doesn't throw an impressive spiral
Ball tends to sail high
Poor NFL QB pedigree (Bobby Petrino)
Needs a lot of space and minimal pass rush in pocket to operate
Back foot comes up too much on follow through, which hurts accuracy and balance

Summary: Ryan Mallett is getting overrated at this point because everyone is in love with his size and arm strength. However, there isn't much I saw on tape to give Mallett a first-round grade unless he improves greatly in 2010.

Mallett is a very inconsistent quarterback and an extremely raw talent. Plus, let's also factor in Bobby Petrino's poor history of sending quarterbacks to the NFL (Dave Ragone, Stefan LeFors, Chris Redman, Brian Brohm). Something about Petrino's system either doesn't prepare them for the NFL because the receivers are wide open thanks to great route combinations and play calling, or he just finds a way to mask the talent level (not a problem with Mallett).

Mallett is starting the season with a third-round grade in my book with a second-round projection because I think some team will overdraft him due to his immense upside. Maybe Mallett improves next season, but that would just be me giving him the benefit of the doubt, which I rarely do for prospects.

Player Comparison: Derek Anderson. Anderson has the size and the arm, but like Mallett, he is a bad athlete with poor accuracy.

DeezNutz
08-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah, Luck will probably be the #1 overall rated QB. Probably go: Luck, Locker, Gabbert, Mallett.

This could be very similar to the Manning, Rivers, Rothlisberger class, where there isn't a true bust out of the top 3.

Titty Meat
08-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah, Luck will probably be the #1 overall rated QB. Probably go: Luck, Locker, Gabbert, Mallett.

This could be very similar to the Manning, Rivers, Rothlisberger class, where there isn't a true bust out of the top 3.

And we won't draft any of them (again).

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 03:35 PM
The Chiefs could use some Luck for sure.

DeezNutz
08-28-2010, 03:37 PM
And we won't draft any of them (again).

Yep. Count on that.

Though I have no doubt that Cassel's shitty play is going to drive me infuckingsane this season, privately I'm going to try to temper my hope that we'll draft a QB with franchise potential.

Titty Meat
08-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Yep. Count on that.

Though I have no doubt that Cassel's shitty play is going to drive me in****ingsane this season, privately I'm going to try to temper my hope that we'll draft a QB with franchise potential.

I think he's proved this pre-season he's an average QB. Sucks aginst good teams and can play good aginst shitty teams. That'll be enough for him to keep his job for atleast another year with all the crap we play this season.

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Yep. Count on that.

Though I have no doubt that Cassel's shitty play is going to drive me in****ingsane this season, privately I'm going to try to temper my hope that we'll draft a QB with franchise potential.

I'm hoping I'm right. But I don't see it that way. I just don't think this front office designs a contract with a major out clause if they were completely sold on their QB. Nor do I think the front office has the track record of stubbornly holding onto players who underperform their contracts.

keg in kc
08-28-2010, 03:48 PM
My wild prediction is that Cassel starts the 2011 season and Mallett ends it. They won't be in a position to draft Luck or Locker.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-28-2010, 03:50 PM

He looks raw. His footwork and accuracy need work. When he plants on his drop he's not setting his feet fast enough. It's as if his cleat gets stuck in the ground every time he plants. He needs to fix that.

kcchiefsus
08-28-2010, 03:52 PM
As much as either one would make me jizz, I don't think either one is going to be on this team. No way in hell.

Idk, if Cassel sucks it up this year I don't see how the team continues to stick with him as our only viable option. I think it's obvious that Croyle is too injury prone and Palko is awful. I don't think this means the team would necessarily cut Cassel but I believe they would take a look at drafting a QB if Cassel fails this year. He has no excuse this time around.

- Full offseason with a great OC
- Improved OL (at least on paper)
- Better weapons in the passing game
- Great running game.

No excuses, if Cassel fails I have faith this team will look elsewhere.

Titty Meat
08-28-2010, 03:53 PM
He looks raw. His footwork and accuracy need work. When he plants on his drop he's not setting his feet fast enough. It's as if his cleat gets stuck in the ground every time he plants. He needs to fix that.

He played shitty the first half I seem to remember him coming on as the game went us. Plus he was only a freshmen last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Idk, if Cassel sucks it up this year I don't see how the team continues to stick with him as our only viable option. I think it's obvious that Croyle is too injury prone and Palko is awful. I don't think this means the team would necessarily cut Cassel but I believe they would take a look at drafting a QB if Cassel fails this year. He has no excuse this time around.

- Full offseason with a great OC
- Improved OL (at least on paper)
- Better weapons in the passing game
- Great running game.

No excuses, if Cassel fails I have faith this team will look elsewhere.

We can only hope.

58-4ever
08-28-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't think Luck will be coming out after this year. We'll see, but he is the one I would want by a mile.

Ebolapox
08-28-2010, 04:25 PM
I've seen enough from pioli to know that we won't ever draft a high first round QB. he's carl peterson redux.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't think Luck will be coming out after this year. We'll see, but he is the one I would want by a mile.

Don't discount Gabbert just yet, if he's as badass and full of potential as I constantly am told, he might be our Huckleberry.

(no homer)

Chiefs Rool
08-28-2010, 04:36 PM
both of them will be 3rd round picks

ChiefsCountry
08-28-2010, 04:38 PM

ROFL

Ebolapox
08-28-2010, 04:41 PM
ROFL

that's the same retard that wasn't aware that there was currently no salary cap.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 04:44 PM

http://gsecanada2010.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/24052010295.jpg

keg in kc
08-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I've seen enough from pioli to know that we won't ever draft a high first round QB. he's carl peterson redux.Before April everybody knew he'd never draft a high first round safety.

Brock
08-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Before April everybody knew he'd never draft a high first round safety.

But safety was still the safest pick on the board.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2010, 04:57 PM
The guy has to want success, and I would like to think that Berry could help him see the writing on the wall.

Psyko Tek
08-28-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't think we will be drafting high enough to get either one.

I hope you're right
but expect 8-8 to be a pipedream

-King-
08-28-2010, 05:18 PM
I've seen enough from pioli to know that we won't ever draft a high first round QB. he's carl peterson redux.

You've seen that in two years huh?

Tribal Warfare
08-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Before April everybody knew he'd never draft a high first round safety.

to be honest, I called it after an interview with Nick Wright due to his repetitive voice inflection and intentional muttering of the Safety position. Of course people thought I was full of shit but the fact is I called it.

keg in kc
08-28-2010, 05:41 PM
to be honest, I called it after an interview with Nick Wright due to his repetitive voice inflection and intentional muttering of the Safety position. Of course people thought I was full of shit but the fact is I called it.I think a lot of us believed it was going to happen, but the reality is that they'd never given any indication in prior drafts (in NE or here) that they valued the position enough to take it in the first round, much less at 5.

I don't know if they'll take a QB with their first rounder next year. And I don't know that they'll have to, with the possibility of a handful of candidates better than anybody drafted since 2008. Then again, I expect that they'll be drafting in the middle of the pack, in the 12-15 range, so they may not be able to wait until the middle of round 2 if they really want to grab one.

Bit too early for this discussion, though. Cassel still has 4 months to prove himself one way or the other.

notorious
08-28-2010, 05:44 PM

repost! LMAO

Brock
08-28-2010, 05:49 PM
to be honest, I called it after an interview with Nick Wright due to his repetitive voice inflection and intentional muttering of the Safety position. Of course people thought I was full of shit but the fact is I called it.

You had them drafting Taylor Mays at 5 if Berry wasn't available. So, yeah, full of shit.

LaChapelle
08-28-2010, 05:55 PM
We haven't seen enough of Pioli or Clark
Clark has invested alot of dough in Arrowhead and St Joe
giving Carl the boot a year early gives hope he will put his foot down

Ebolapox
08-28-2010, 06:08 PM
You've seen that in two years huh?

from an empirical standpoint:

1) year one. trades a second for a career (that is, if you consider college and 80% of his nfl career) backup. also, instead of drafting sanchez or freeman, he picks tyson jackson (GAH!) out from under...nobody (browns, heh. fuck, you can have him mangini)

2) year two. drafts berry (THANK YOU) yet ignores the qb that just happened to play for charlie weis at notre dame (who has a stronger arm, knows the playbook by heart, and just HAPPENED to fall into the second round). drafts mccluster instead (not a bad second prize, but when cassel is buttfucking us years down the line and clausen is decent, we'll look back in dismay).

clausen was the best possible scenario. so was sanchez. if the empirical evidence stands up, it appears he doesn't value the qb position as much as he does the 3-4 DE and smurfish WR RB ATH hybrids. good on him for raping clark hunt out of a serious amount of cash.

(I should temper this by saying I wanted us to draft david klingler, cade mcnown, joey harrington, byron leftwich and other pieces of shit). I'm tired of watching us run out retread shit. I want a franchise qb. now, is sanchez one? he may well be. is freeman one? I don't think so, but he's twice the qb that cassel is. is clausen one? under weis' system, I believe he could be. long story short, I'm sick of mediocrity. and I will GLADLY eat my fucking hat if he proves me wrong. I have NO issues admitting when I'm wrong. does pioli? will he shock us all and draft a QB in the first two rounds while he's here? I kinda doubt it.

Tribal Warfare
08-28-2010, 06:15 PM
You had them drafting Taylor Mays at 5 if Berry wasn't available. So, yeah, full of shit.

I still called it, you can say what you want but I did. Look it up

Ebolapox
08-28-2010, 06:16 PM

you want a cookie? you're still a fucking retard.

Tribal Warfare
08-28-2010, 06:17 PM
you want a cookie? you're still a fucking retard.

cookie's are awesome, and still I called nah nah ne, nah. :D

Chiefs Pantalones
08-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Bit too early for this discussion, though. Cassel still has 4 months to prove himself one way or the other.

You will be killed for such logic on this site. Be careful! ;)

Brock
08-28-2010, 06:18 PM

Yeah, you called it, like about 50 other people. Congrats.

Tribal Warfare
08-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah, you called it, like about 50 other people. Congrats.

Though I did right, after the interview. BOOM!!!!!!!!

keg in kc
08-28-2010, 06:36 PM
from an empirical standpoint:

1) year one. trades a second for a career (that is, if you consider college and 80% of his nfl career) backup. also, instead of drafting sanchez or freeman, he picks tyson jackson (GAH!) out from under...nobody (browns, heh. ****, you can have him mangini)

2) year two. drafts berry (THANK YOU) yet ignores the qb that just happened to play for charlie weis at notre dame (who has a stronger arm, knows the playbook by heart, and just HAPPENED to fall into the second round). drafts mccluster instead (not a bad second prize, but when cassel is butt****ing us years down the line and clausen is decent, we'll look back in dismay).

clausen was the best possible scenario. so was sanchez. if the empirical evidence stands up, it appears he doesn't value the qb position as much as he does the 3-4 DE and smurfish WR RB ATH hybrids. good on him for raping clark hunt out of a serious amount of cash.

(I should temper this by saying I wanted us to draft david klingler, cade mcnown, joey harrington, byron leftwich and other pieces of shit). I'm tired of watching us run out retread shit. I want a franchise qb. now, is sanchez one? he may well be. is freeman one? I don't think so, but he's twice the qb that cassel is. is clausen one? under weis' system, I believe he could be. long story short, I'm sick of mediocrity. and I will GLADLY eat my ****ing hat if he proves me wrong. I have NO issues admitting when I'm wrong. does pioli? will he shock us all and draft a QB in the first two rounds while he's here? I kinda doubt it.I'm somebody that wants a franchise quarterback, too, I just don't think we've had a realistic shot at one yet. There wasn't one in the '09 draft after Stafford went off the board in my opinion, and I don't know what the book is on Clausen, but if any team has insight on that kid, it would be ours. I know some people think the front office doesn't listen to the coaching staff, but I'm not one of those people. I think the draft is collaborative, and I think Weis was involved the whole way.

But, hey, I'm not in the war room anymore than anybody else here is, so I could be completely mistaken.

I do think 2011 may be the litmus test. There's the possibility of a handful of guys all stronger QB candidates than anyone since at least 2008, so the likelihood will be that they'll have a shot at somebody. But without knocing what Cassel is going to do this season, it's hard to predict what the team is going to do.

I think the worst possible scenario heading into next offseason is that Cassel has a decent year. Something like 3500 yards passing, 25 TD, 20 INT. A year not bad enough to dump him, but not good enough to get everybody to relax. A year where he kind of teases he might be okay, but doesn't really do...anything. That probably sounds weird, but compared with a season where he's so bad that it's obvious he needs to be replaced or a season where he's so good that we're all shocked, a season where we're left with all the same questions would really not be a good thing. I want the team to either be convinced that he's the guy, or convinced than he's not, rather than left with an average guy that might be good enough to coast with a strong enough team around him.

Me being me, I expect the worst to happen, and that we're sitting here in April after a perfectly mediocre season from Cassel, one just good enough to keep the FO from replacing him.

Ebolapox
08-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm somebody that wants a franchise quarterback, too, I just don't think we've had a realistic shot at one yet. There wasn't one in the '09 draft after Stafford went off the board in my opinion, and I don't know what the book is on Clausen, but if any team has insight on that kid, it would be ours. I know some people think the front office doesn't listen to the coaching staff, but I'm not one of those people. I think the draft is collaborative, and I think Weis was involved the whole way.

But, hey, I'm not in the war room anymore than anybody else here is, so I could be completely mistaken.

I do think 2011 may be the litmus test. There's the possibility of a handful of guys all stronger QB candidates than anyone since at least 2008, so the likelihood will be that they'll have a shot at somebody. But without knocing what Cassel is going to do this season, it's hard to predict what the team is going to do.

I think the worst possible scenario heading into next offseason is that Cassel has a decent year. Something like 3500 yards passing, 25 TD, 20 INT. A year not bad enough to dump him, but not good enough to get everybody to relax. A year where he kind of teases he might be okay, but doesn't really do...anything. That probably sounds weird, but compared with a season where he's so bad that it's obvious he needs to be replaced or a season where he's so good that we're all shocked, a season where we're left with all the same questions would really not be a good thing. I want the team to either be convinced that he's the guy, or convinced than he's not, rather than left with an average guy that might be good enough to coast with a strong enough team around him.

Me being me, I expect the worst to happen, and that we're sitting here in April after a perfectly mediocre season from Cassel, one just good enough to keep the FO from replacing him.

we're definitely on the same page. worst case is cassel shows he's not horrendous (and I have the feeling weis will at LEAST do that with play calling, at least if it's better than the play calling last night) and pioli uses this as an excuse to ignore THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE DAMNED FIELD.

it almost feels as if pioli considers cassel lightning in a bottle, version 2.0 (brady obviously being version 1.0). to admit an error of that type is a hard pill to swallow for ANYBODY. I can respect that. but you can't be so tied to personal projects that you don't see the writing on the wall. I'd be tickled pink if cassel comes out this year and shows that he absolutely deserves his contract. I just don't see it and haven't seen it during the preseason.