PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Bradley to remain USMNT head coach through 2014

|Zach|
08-30-2010, 07:06 PM
http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2010/08/US-Soccer-and-Bob-Bradley-Agree-to-Contract-Extension.aspx

CHICAGO (Aug. 30, 2010) — U.S. Soccer has agreed to a contract extension with U.S. Men’s National Team head coach Bob Bradley. The agreement with Bradley, who guided the U.S. team to numerous achievements including finishing in first place in their group at the 2010 FIFA World Cup for the first time in 80 years, will keep him at the helm through the end of 2014.

The 52-year-old Bradley has compiled a record of 38-21-8 in four years in charge of the U.S. team. After winning the 2007 Gold Cup, the regional championship of CONCACAF, he led the United States to their first final of a major FIFA tournament, reaching the championship match of the 2009 Confederations Cup after a 2-0 victory against No.-1 ranked and current World Cup champions Spain in the semifinal.

Prior to the team’s run in South Africa, Bradley marshaled the U.S. to a first place finish in CONCACAF qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup ahead of regional rivals Mexico.

http://www.frumpzilla.com/image_gallery/Bob-Bradley-USA.jpg

Silock
08-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooo!

Ebolapox
08-30-2010, 07:38 PM
is this good?

|Zach|
08-30-2010, 08:17 PM
is this good?

Some say yes. Some say no.

schneider221
08-30-2010, 08:21 PM
No matter what your opinion is of Bradley coaches are rarely successful when they are with a team for 2 world cup cycles. I wasn't the biggest Bradley fan but was definitely not sold on Klinnsman who was the trendy pick. Honestly I think Sunil Gulati needs to be replaced as head of the federation and new blood needs to take over.

Silock
08-30-2010, 08:23 PM
No matter what your opinion is of Bradley coaches are rarely successful when they are with a team for 2 world cup cycles. I wasn't the biggest Bradley fan but was definitely not sold on Klinnsman who was the trendy pick. Honestly I think Sunil Gulati needs to be replaced as head of the federation and new blood needs to take over.

This.

stlchiefs
08-30-2010, 08:26 PM

I agree on all but Klinnsman, I'd be happy to see him as coach.

JoeyChuckles
08-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Did anyone else just spend 10 minutes trying to figure out what USMNT stood for before finally coming in, only to be severely disappointed. I was hoping for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles thread.