PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Leinart is flustrated

Pages : [1] 2

the Talking Can
08-31-2010, 04:41 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2010/08/30/20100830cardinals-quarterback-matt-leinart-questions-reasons-demotion.html

Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart questions reasons for demotion

145 comments by Kent Somers - Aug. 30, 2010 02:18 PM
The Arizona Republic

Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart exercised some diplomacy last week when talking about being made a former starter. On Monday, however, Leinart didn't hold back, saying he must have lost his job to Derek Anderson for reasons other than performance

"I feel like I've outplayed the competition, training camp, preseason," he said. "I think my play speaks about that. For me, this goes beyond the football field.

"The philosophy is you want the best 11 guys to play. I feel like I've proved that with my performance. I don't really know what else I could possibly do, so it probably goes beyond football. For me, I just really want an explanation, and I haven't been given one."

Leinart said just after noon Monday that he had not met with Whisenhunt, but later the two met in Whisenhunt's office.

"I don't know if there have been equal opportunities," Leinart said. "Obviously, I haven't played as much as I'd like."

Whisenhunt announced the quarterback change Thursday, saying his offense needed a spark after not playing well in the first two preseason games.

Anderson started Saturday in a 14-9 victory over the Bears, and Whisenhunt declined Monday to say who will start against the Redskins on Thursday in the final preseason game. He didn't provide a timetable for naming a starter for the regular season, either.

"I've been with Matt for four years now. I have great respect for how Matt's worked," Whisenhunt said. "I think what we've been consistent with is . . . always trying to pick the best team. That's what this process is about. It's not about whether you like somebody or don't like somebody."

Whisenhunt said he has "great affection" for Leinart, and that players are always welcome to come to his office for a talk.

"Since Day 1, I've had an open-door policy," Whisenhunt said. "If he feels like there's an issue, then I'm certainly (open) to talk to him."

Making a decision at quarterback is about trying to find the best fit for the team, Whisenhunt said. The choice won't be made solely upon statistics but also chemistry with teammates and leadership ability.

Part of Whisenhunt's rationale for making the move was to see how Leinart reacted, both on the field and off. Leinart completed 9 of 10 passes for 84 yards against the Bears, including a touchdown to Steve Breaston.

Anderson completed 7 of 12 passes for 94 yards and a score.

In three games, Leinart has completed 82.6 percent of his passes, and Anderson has completed 58.5 percent.

Leinart's longest completion, however, was 18 yards, and he has been criticized for not looking downfield long enough.

"I've done all I can do at this point," Leinart said. "I can't really worry about anything I can't control. I'll just keep grinding and keep working."

If Leinart is not the starter, it's questionable whether the Cardinals would keep him as the backup or if Leinart would want to stay. Leinart could be released or traded, although it's believed the Cardinals have not started to test his value with other teams.

The other two quarterbacks on the roster, Max Hall and John Skelton, are rookies, and it would be a risk to have one of them backing up Anderson.

"That's always a dicey thing when you're talking about a rookie in a backup role," Whisenhunt said. "But I've been very impressed with how both of those young men have handled themselves."

Consistent1
08-31-2010, 04:47 AM
He is just unhappy that he still has to deal with sports reporters but TMZ won't follow him around anymore because nobody cares.

blaise
08-31-2010, 04:53 AM
Not half as frustrated as the guys that drafted you, Matt.

the Talking Can
08-31-2010, 05:02 AM
In three games, Leinart has completed 82.6 percent of his passes, and Anderson has completed 58.5 percent.

Leinart's longest completion, however, was 18 yards, and he has been criticized for not looking downfield long enough.

sounds like Cassel...except for the being real accurate part

King_Chief_Fan
08-31-2010, 06:43 AM
Trade Page straight up for him.......he has to be better than Palko

Pasta Little Brioni
08-31-2010, 06:55 AM
Leave Leinart alone...LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!! It's not his fault, he's in the wrong system!!

blaise
08-31-2010, 07:08 AM
Leave Leinart alone...LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!! It's not his fault, he's in the wrong system!!

That's right. It's too bad he can't be in a system like college where he throws the ball to a wide open receiver and they run 65 yards for a TD.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-31-2010, 07:15 AM
That's right. It's too bad he can't be in a system like college where he throws the ball to a wide open receiver and they run 65 yards for a TD.

ROFL rep Where can we get a "system" like that for Cassel?

notorious
08-31-2010, 07:23 AM
It's too bad he can't be in a system like college where he throws the ball to a wide open receiver and they run 65 yards for a TD.

JFC, there couldn't be more truth jammed into one sentence on CP.

Good work!

Pasta Little Brioni
08-31-2010, 07:25 AM
JFC, there couldn't be more truth jammed into one sentence on CP.

Good work!

Put it on a tee and he knocked it out of the park.

Dave Lane
08-31-2010, 08:30 AM
I'd give a 6th or 7th to bring him in.

Brock
08-31-2010, 08:35 AM
ROFL rep Where can we get a "system" like that for Cassel?

In New England.

Chiefshrink
08-31-2010, 08:37 AM
Looks like Leinert sealed his fate. Besides he wasn't a Whisenhunt guy to begin with and looks like the Cardinals will be in the market for a QBOTF in this next draft.

CaliforniaChief
08-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Isn't this the first time he's actually cared about football?

Bane
08-31-2010, 08:59 AM

You guys don't know shit when it comes to evaluating QB skills! /Leinart ball washers/Mecca
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
08-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Leinart might be wise to go to the UFL and try and rejuventate his career under Dennis Greens tutelage.

Bane
08-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Leinart might be wise to go to the UFL and try and rejuventate his career under Dennis Greens tutelage.

He is who he thought he was?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Isn't this the first time he's actually cared about football?

I was thinking the same thing.

Any chance this is what Whiz has been waiting for? A little intensity, some fire in the belly?

Bane
08-31-2010, 09:28 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

Any chance this is what Whiz has been waiting for? A little intensity, some fire in the belly?

The only fire in that boys belly is from gas!
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm not stating that he's the answer but if he's waived, I hope KC grabs him.

Palko sucks, Croyle can't stay healthy and even though he's not a "perfect fit" for the system, he could likely step in immediately if Cassel is injured and the level of QB play might actually improve.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 09:42 AM

Palko sucks, Croyle can't stay healthy and even though he's not a "perfect fit" for the system, he could likely step in immediately if Cassel is injured and the level of QB play might actually improve.

or stay the same, which would be acceptable from the backup. well the level we have been getting is back up level right?

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 09:43 AM

Exactly.

He's not a long-term fix by any means, but for one year, I think he could raise the level of QB play.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Exactly.

He's not a long-term fix by any means, but for one year, I think he could raise the level of QB play.

why only one year? arm? or is it head?

i mean the guy is a first rd qb, should be franchise level.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 09:51 AM

If anyone could figure that out, they'd be in damn good shape.

The kid has talent. No questioning that. Put him in the right system, and I think he flourishes. It doesn't look like he'll ever play to the level of his draft slot, but who knows.

Which leads me to believe that the constant coaching changes and system changes have affected him negatively.

Or, he could just be a flat-out bust.

Regardless, I think he would be a better option for this team, this year.

He's more accurate, more accurate on intermediate routes, doesn't dance around phantom pressure, and keeps focused on his WR's, not the pass rush.

JMO.

Coogs
08-31-2010, 10:18 AM
If anyone could figure that out, they'd be in damn good shape.

The kid has talent. No questioning that. Put him in the right system, and I think he flourishes. It doesn't look like he'll ever play to the level of his draft slot, but who knows.

Which leads me to believe that the constant coaching changes and system changes have affected him negatively.

Or, he could just be a flat-out bust.

Regardless, I think he would be a better option for this team, this year.

He's more accurate, more accurate on intermediate routes, doesn't dance around phantom pressure, and keeps focused on his WR's, not the pass rush.

JMO.

This. Plus he already knows Haleys terminology. With the bye week in week 4, he could be challanging for the starters role by week 5 at the latest. Possibly sooner.

vailpass
08-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Local sports radio has long maintained that Wiz doesn't care at all for Leinhart's lack of mental toughness. Wiz don't like weak.
They are also saying that the team does not respond to Leinhart as a leader.
NFL is a man's league.

rambleonthruthefog
08-31-2010, 10:56 AM
he expects things to be givin to him. he will continue to fail

vailpass
08-31-2010, 11:16 AM

Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, et al want to speak with you. ;)

Ugly Duck
08-31-2010, 11:32 AM

Chiefs should trade for him. Leinart in KC, Quinn in Denver. Sounds good!

Mr. Laz
08-31-2010, 11:44 AM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9849/78528894.jpg

Bane
08-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Seriously? Bringing him to KC!Don't we already have enough career back up QB's?:shake:

vailpass
08-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Chiefs should trade for him. Leinart in KC, Quinn in Denver. Sounds good!

Who is Quinn?

Saccopoo
08-31-2010, 11:51 AM
When Denver releases Quinn, Charlie Weis will grab him up and we'll finally have our franchise QB. /Chiefs Planet

the Talking Can
08-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Local sports radio has long maintained that Wiz doesn't care at all for Leinhart's lack of mental toughness. Wiz don't like weak.
They are also saying that the team does not respond to Leinhart as a leader.
NFL is a man's league.

i'm pretty sure that is all true

but if they cut him loose I'd still rather him as our 3rd then Palko

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9849/78528894.jpg

Two of these things be-long to-geth-er,
One of these things does NOT be-long...

MoreLemonPledge
08-31-2010, 12:50 PM
I want our entire QB roster to be guys named Matt.

Frosty
08-31-2010, 01:18 PM
This. Plus he already knows Haleys terminology.

Is it still the same, now that Weis is OC? Not sure.

Coogs
08-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Is it still the same, now that Weis is OC? Not sure.

I have to beleive it is close to the same. That was one of the main draws for Weis to come in as Haley's OC. I think they may have taken both of their playbooks back to their Jets days so that terminology was exactly the same for everybody involved, but I still think it should be similar for Leinart.

ModSocks
08-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Two of these things be-long to-geth-er,
One of these things does NOT be-long...Yet

fyp

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 01:35 PM

you dont hang around here too much do ya?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-31-2010, 01:53 PM
fyp

Truth.

vailpass
08-31-2010, 02:51 PM
you dont hang around here too much do ya?

What's your point n00b?

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 02:53 PM
What's your point n00b?

you would know if you paid attention

vailpass
08-31-2010, 03:01 PM
you would know if you paid attention

You should know by now that when I'm here I'm running a bunch of shit or laughing at something. Paying attention is just not one of my strong points. Perhaps you could just tell me what you meant? Or not, I understand if you don't want to waste your time.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 03:10 PM
You should know by now that when I'm here I'm running a bunch of shit or laughing at something. Paying attention is just not one of my strong points. Perhaps you could just tell me what you meant? Or not, I understand if you don't want to waste your time.

well some here act like all it takes to be a franchise Qb is to be drafted in the first round.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-31-2010, 03:12 PM
well some here act like all it takes to be a franchise Qb is to be drafted in the first round.

I don't deny it's a crap-shoot, but with due-diligence it IS the place you go.

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 03:21 PM
I don't deny it's a crap-shoot, but with due-diligence it IS the place you go.You have to be extremely fortunate, too. Well, unfortunate in that you have to lose enough to pick fairly high (unless you luck out and get Rogers or Brees or Favre or Montana or Brady), but fortunate in that there's actually one available the year you have a high pick, and that when you finally do pull the trigger you pick the right one.

Which is in no way discouraging the idea of grabbing one. But it's clearly the most difficult position to find, probably in all of sports, as evidenced by the sheer lack of them...

I hope they eventually give it a shot, although when they do, I hope it's somebody they take in the latter half of the round. Not because I have a problem with picking one high, but because I don't want them to suck so much that they're picking there, not for a long while. Enough losing already. Ten years of suck with a couple of mirage winning seasons thrown in is enough for me.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 03:25 PM

Shocking how wrong you are yet again.

No one has EVER said that all it takes is to be drafted in R1.

What people HAVE said, time and time again is that history shows you have a significantly better chance of being a franchise QB if you're drafted in R1.

History also shows that most SB winning QB's were drafted in R1.

So, to wrap up. You can draft a QB in R1 and have a much better statistical chance of getting a franchise QB/SB winner, or you can take 6th round picks and hope that lightning strikes again and the kid turns into Tom Brady.

vailpass
08-31-2010, 03:25 PM

:banghead: So that really loud noise I heard a while back was your point flying right over my head?
My bad.
Say, can I make an appointment to bring my sarcasm meter into your shop for a tune up?

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Shocking how wrong you are yet again.

No one has EVER said that all it takes is to be drafted in R1.

What people HAVE said, time and time again is that history shows you have a significantly better chance of being a franchise QB if you're drafted in R1.

History also shows that most SB winning QB's were drafted in R1.

So, to wrap up. You can draft a QB in R1 and have a much better statistical chance of getting a franchise QB/SB winner, or you can take 6th round picks and hope that lightning strikes again and the kid turns into Tom Brady.

yeah i call bullshit. some people say that but still act as though it HAS TO BE A 1 TO BE A FRANCHISE GUY

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 03:37 PM
:banghead: So that really loud noise I heard a while back was your point flying right over my head?
My bad.
Say, can I make an appointment to bring my sarcasm meter into your shop for a tune up?

sorry i no nothing about fixing meters.:D

Ugly Duck
08-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Who is Quinn?

The Second String Quarterback of the NFL Denver Broncos. That's him in pink feeling some dweeb's junk:

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/05/yipesbrady.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 03:51 PM
yeah i call bullshit. some people say that but still act as though it HAS TO BE A 1 TO BE A FRANCHISE GUY

:facepalm:

You're a sad, pathetic little man.

vailpass
08-31-2010, 03:52 PM
The Second String Quarterback of the NFL Denver Broncos. That's him in pink feeling some dweeb's junk:

:spock: Denver only has two QBs on their roster: Orton and Tebow. What the hell are you talking about?

the Talking Can
08-31-2010, 03:56 PM

i didn't think you were that dumb

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM

You're a sad, pathetic little man.

ok whatever man....

why are you stalking me today?

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 04:02 PM

i'm not. some people's actions speak louder than whet they are saying.

case in point. sanchez= franchise player right now.

what has he done to show that he is?

he MIGHT be one day, but as of RIGHT now he isnt IMO

the Talking Can
08-31-2010, 04:03 PM
i'm not. some people's actions speak louder than whet they are saying.

case in point. sanchez= franchise player right now.

sweet, another pawnsmoker

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 04:04 PM
sweet, another pawnsmoker

WTF are you talking about?

actually i started out here JOKING.

but like i said what has sanchez done to warrant FRANCHISE talk?

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 04:09 PM

You haven't been paying attention then.

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't think Sanchez is a franchise QB, either, which is why I wouldn't have drafted him high last year. In fact, there are exactly three quarterbacks I would have taken in the top half of the draft the last five years: Stafford, Ryan and Flacco. There just hasn't been much that I liked since the year of Manning, Rivers and Roethlisberger. Which is I think unfortunate as a fan of a team that's been, I believe, both in desperate need of a franchise QB and in a position to get one.

But I've been wrong before. I didn't believe Drew Brees was an NFL QB and now he's an MVP. So maybe Sanchez ends up as more than the longshot project that I believe him to be.

In any event, I think 2011 may be the year to take one, although that's just a wild guess before the NCAA season is played. The question is whether the Chiefs are either willing or able to take the gamble.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 04:28 PM
You haven't been paying attention then.

You CANT just quit me, can you?

Do i complete you?

You act as though i run around picking fights with you, yet you cant just leave ME alone. I havent had one cross thing to say to you for a while now and still.....

You are a douchebag.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2010, 04:39 PM
I don't think Sanchez is a franchise QB, either, which is why I wouldn't have drafted him high last year. In fact, there are exactly three quarterbacks I would have taken in the top half of the draft the last five years: Stafford, Ryan and Flacco. There just hasn't been much that I liked since the year of Manning, Rivers and Roethlisberger. Which is I think unfortunate as a fan of a team that's been, I believe, both in desperate need of a franchise QB and in a position to get one.

But I've been wrong before. I didn't believe Drew Brees was an NFL QB and now he's an MVP. So maybe Sanchez ends up as more than the longshot project that I believe him to be.

In any event, I think 2011 may be the year to take one, although that's just a wild guess before the NCAA season is played. The question is whether the Chiefs are either willing or able to take the gamble.

You wouldnt have drafted Bradford? I think hes worth the risk.

Brock
08-31-2010, 04:52 PM

Uh, winning playoff games?

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Uh, winning playoff games?

oh so that makes you a franchise QB? :rolleyes:

the definition changes every time someone asks.

i would think it would be PERFORMANCE based.

based on sanchez's numbers last season he fails at the franchise thing.

Param
08-31-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm surprised it's taken Leinart this long to complain. He needs to go to another team.

Brock
08-31-2010, 04:57 PM
oh so that makes you a franchise QB? :rolleyes:

the definition changes every time someone asks.

i would think it would be PERFORMANCE based.

based on sanchez's numbers last season he fails at the franchise thing.

Jesus Christ, he was a rookie. He won playoff games AS A ROOKIE. He was in huge games and didn't shit the bed. Signs are pointing in that direction for him, what about that don't you get? ROLLEYES

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Jesus Christ, he was a rookie. He won playoff games AS A ROOKIE. He was in huge games and didn't shit the bed. Signs are pointing in that direction for him, what about that don't you get? ROLLEYES

he hasnt looked like a world beater this preseason, he didnt play well in the regular season last year. his rookie year was on par with jamarcus russell's only sanchez had 2X as many ints. and AS A ROOKIE he had a top notch run game and a TOP NOTCH defense.

sanchez lost more games for that team than HE won

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 05:04 PM
and i'm a sanchez fan, wanted us to draft him, and even have a NY titans sanchez jersey.

but fraqnchise caliber QB he is not AS OF RIGHT NOW

Ugly Duck
08-31-2010, 05:05 PM
:spock: Denver only has two QBs on their roster: Orton and Tebow. What the hell are you talking about?

??? Are you saying he's not a real QB just because he's gay? That is so neanderthal. Hey - the guy had a better QB rating than Orton when Denver played Pitt on Sunday. Rating wasn't much better than Jamarcus Russell's, but gay as he may be, he's still an actual Denver Bronco Quarterback... so Brady is gay - you should get behind him.

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 05:10 PM
You wouldnt have drafted Bradford? I think hes worth the risk.No, I wouldn't have. I'm not sure I didn't/don't like Clausen more than I like Bradford. Spread QB coming off a year lost to injury was riskier than I like for a premium pick.

Don't get me wrong, I would take guys like Bradford or Clausen or Sanchez, but not before the 20th pick or so. I'm still not sure why Clausen, in particular, lasted as long as he did. There must be some major legitimate character issues for every team to pass on him the way it went down. In any case, none of them were what I consider - and this is only my personal opinion - top-5 blue chip calibre QBs.

But, hey, these personnel guys and GMs are paid and spend a lot of cash to make these decisions, and I'm just some dude on the 'net who enjoys watching games.

RedThat
08-31-2010, 05:10 PM
You have to be extremely fortunate, too. Well, unfortunate in that you have to lose enough to pick fairly high (unless you luck out and get Rogers or Brees or Favre or Montana or Brady), but fortunate in that there's actually one available the year you have a high pick, and that when you finally do pull the trigger you pick the right one.

Which is in no way discouraging the idea of grabbing one. But it's clearly the most difficult position to find, probably in all of sports, as evidenced by the sheer lack of them...

I hope they eventually give it a shot, although when they do, I hope it's somebody they take in the latter half of the round. Not because I have a problem with picking one high, but because I don't want them to suck so much that they're picking there, not for a long while. Enough losing already. Ten years of suck with a couple of mirage winning seasons thrown in is enough for me.

Good post. I agree.

You can pretty much find one anywhere just like any other player. But I do understand why a lot us chief fans wish to draft a QB in the first. It really has to do with statistics. If you look at the past history, most franchise QB's are usually first round picks. It just tells us that the success rate in finding a franchise QB is higher in the first then it is in later rounds. In other words, if you draft a QB in the first, you have a greater chance of landing that possible/potential franchise QB. But all in all, yes, it really comes down to luck and timing imo. The right guy has to be there for you at the right time. that's what makes it challenging to land one. Plus, those guys aren't a dime a dozen either.

Rasputin
08-31-2010, 05:12 PM
and i'm a sanchez fan, wanted us to draft him, and even have a NY titans sanchez jersey.

but fraqnchise caliber QB he is not AS OF RIGHT NOW

and that is the point to draft a high round QB in hopes that he becomes a franchise QB... Geeze.... We are pimping for the Chiefs to take a chance and hope we get a QBOTF. If he fails his first year, we need to be patient with him & most draftubaters understand this. True fans want whats all ready been shown from other teams, and accept them as our guy and think they can do no wrong. We have done that route for over 20 years and only Joe Montana has won us a play off game 1993. FUCKING draft us a QB to build something around. Not only do we need to draft a QB next year but several years in a row till we get the guy or quality back ups.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 05:21 PM
and that is the point to draft a high round QB in hopes that he becomes a franchise QB... Geeze.... We are pimping for the Chiefs to take a chance and hope we get a QBOTF. If he fails his first year, we need to be patient with him & most draftubaters understand this. True fans want whats all ready been shown from other teams, and accept them as our guy and think they can do no wrong. We have done that route for over 20 years and only Joe Montana has won us a play off game 1993. FUCKING draft us a QB to build something around. Not only do we need to draft a QB next year but several years in a row till we get the guy or quality back ups.

ROFL i can understand this.

some just act as though its a sure thing

Brock
08-31-2010, 06:15 PM
he hasnt looked like a world beater this preseason, he didnt play well in the regular season last year. his rookie year was on par with jamarcus russell's only sanchez had 2X as many ints. and AS A ROOKIE he had a top notch run game and a TOP NOTCH defense.

sanchez lost more games for that team than HE won

I don't give a shit about preseason. Postseason is what matters, where he had a 92.7 QB rating.

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't give a shit about preseason. Postseason is what matters, where he had a 92.7 QB rating.

He played well enough in the post season but he simply needs to play better this year in the regular season or there is real reason to believe there won't be a post season this year for NYJ.

There is also a reason the critics of the Jets are pointing at Sanchez as the week link.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 06:29 PM

boy thanks to that d and run game or they never would have SEEN the postseason.

most franchise QBS carry their team to the playoffs.

last year the jets DRUG sanchez there like his leash was tied to the back bumper of the bandwagon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
08-31-2010, 06:29 PM
He played well enough in the post season but he simply needs to play better this year in the regular season or there is real reason to believe there won't be a post season this year for NYJ.

There is also a reason the critics of the Jets are pointing at Sanchez as the week link.

I just think it's funny that the same people who will make excuses for Cassel over the course of 100 posts want to apply higher standards to a rookie.

Brock
08-31-2010, 06:31 PM

last year the jets DRUG sanchez there like his leash was tied to the back bumper of the bandwagon.
Posted via Mobile Device

When did it become the norm for a rookie QB to carry a team to the playoffs?

Sweet Daddy Hate

Don't discount all the mouth-running as well; teams are absolutely GUNNING for those dudes now.

And yes, I mean even MORE than they normally would.

DeezNutz

Posted via Mobile Device

Why didn't that n00b load the team on his back? Obviously he sucks.

kstater
08-31-2010, 06:38 PM
You wouldnt have drafted Bradford? I think hes worth the risk.

You mean the guy that spent last year not playing, and the year before that throwing to guys that were open by 10 miles(from the spread)

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 06:41 PM

People continue to make asses of themselves demanding perfection out of a 2nd year QB that plays from another team, just because some of us wanted to draft him - while making every excuse under the sun for the 6th year guy most of the board wanted no part of in December 2008.

Hilarious.

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 06:44 PM
People continue to make asses of themselves demanding perfection out of a 2nd year QB that plays from another team, just because some of us wanted to draft him - while making every excuse under the sun for the 6th year guy most of the board wanted no part of in December 2008.

Hilarious.

No,people take exception to the "franchise" moniker for Sanchez when he hasn't done anything to earn that yet. Maybe he will.

You are talking about 2 different arguments.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 06:47 PM
No,people take exception to the "franchise" moniker for Sanchez when he hasn't done anything to earn that yet. Maybe he will.

You are talking about 2 different arguments.

That's because people have different definitions for "franchise."

Some people use the term franchise to describe a young, highly drafted QB with the potential to be elite.

Some use it to describe a QB that is already considered elite.

Most people are smart enough to tell the difference between the two definitions, but some people just like to argue.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 06:47 PM
When did it become the norm for a rookie QB to carry a team to the playoffs?

look at the numbers.

he hasnt played up to the franchise level YET. RIGHT NOW. TODAY.

not saying he wont. just as of now he hasnt.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 06:49 PM

never said he sucks. come on deez.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 06:52 PM

Hilarious.

I WANTED TO DRAFT HIM.

and demanding perfection? nope but i would hope he could be average, and at this point he hasnt been.

and some would argue that the guy who says the jets have a 10 year starter franchise level qb for sure right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
08-31-2010, 06:52 PM
look at the numbers.

he hasnt played up to the franchise level YET. RIGHT NOW. TODAY.

not saying he wont. just as of now he hasnt.
Posted via Mobile Device

And I'm saying your expectations are too high. Obviously.

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 06:54 PM

Some people use the term franchise to describe a young, highly drafted QB with the potential to be elite.

Most people are smart enough to tell the difference between the two definitions, but some people just like to argue.

Nice spin on it. I don't agree and it's not to be argumentative.

By your definition there are alot of potential franchise QB's in the league right now.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 06:56 PM
I WANTED TO DRAFT HIM.

and demanding perfection? nope but i would hope he could be average, and at this point he hasnt been.

and some would argue that the guy who says the jets have a 10 year starter franchise level qb for sure right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Again, you're full of shit.

No one has said he's "for sure" anything.

Every single person I imagine you're referring to are usually the first people to say that the draft is a crapshoot at every position.

But what they will argue, is that the kid (and Stafford, Ryan, etc.) have the POTENTIAL to be 10 year starting, franchise level QB's.

Something Matt Cassel DOES NOT have.

You've invented an argument here, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why - unless you just like arguing.

Because what you're claiming isn't factual.

milkman
08-31-2010, 06:57 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

I really don't want to talk about Sanhez, even though I wanted him and believe, in time, he will be a franchise QB, because he's a Jet, and it is long past time to move on.

But, damn, he was a one year starter in college.

He should have sat for a year or two to learn.

Anyone who expected him to play well in his rookie season, and to play well in his second season, should have been, and will be sorely disappointed.

I expect him to have a learning curve much like Drew Brees.

He'll start to get it in his third season.

Until then, debates about the merits of his selection as a franchise QB are just stupid.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 06:58 PM

to this point what has sanchez done to be coonsidered as having the potential to be elite?

drafted high? check

did he have the normal college pedigree? no
how many elite QBs only started 16 games in college? none

how many elite qbs had the regular season that sanchez had last year? none

now he may become elite and he may not. time will tell, but lets not crown his ass just yet.

obviously YOU are the one looking to argue. You started all this.

i was kidding around and you jumped in all bitchy.

like i said you need me. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Nice spin on it. I don't agree and it's not to be argumentative.

By your definition there are alot of potential franchise QB's in the league right now.

Fuck you and your "spin." And it's not "my definition." I've used both, as have many others here, and it's pretty easy if you have any reading skills to tell which definition is being referenced.

When Mel Kiper calls Stafford or Sanchez a "franchise QB" in the days leading up to the draft, is it because he sees the potential, or because they've already reached elite status in the NFL?

I would have expected this from others, but you're smarter than this.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:00 PM
I really don't want to talk about Sanhez, even though I wanted him and believe, in time, he will be a franchise QB, because he's a Jet, and it is long past time to move on.

But, damn, he was a one year starter in college.

He should have sat for a year or two to learn.

Anyone who expected him to play well in his rookie season, and to play well in his second season, should have been, and will be sorely disappointed.

I expect him to have a learning curve much like Drew Brees.

He'll start to get it in his third season.

Until then, debates about the merits of his selection as a franchise QB are just stupid.

i agree with this whole post except the last.

we are not debating him being selected as a potential franchise QB. we are debating the fact that some here say he IS franchise level QB at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:01 PM
to this point what has sanchez done to be coonsidered as having the potential to be elite?

drafted high? check

did he have the normal college pedigree? no
how many elite QBs only started 16 games in college? none

how many elite qbs had the regular season that sanchez had last year? none

now he may become elite and he may not. time will tell, but lets not crown his ass just yet.

obviously YOU are the one looking to argue. You started all this.

i was kidding around and you jumped in all bitchy.

like i said you need me. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

How the fuck did I start this?

You made a comment that was 100% non-factual.

I called you on it.

Period.

Or maybe you're just "kidding around" every time you post.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:02 PM

we are not debating him being selected as a potential franchise QB. we are debating the fact that some here say he IS franchise level QB at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

No, YOU ARE debating that.

Show one post from a respected member of this forum that claims he's an elite talent RIGHT NOW.

Brock
08-31-2010, 07:02 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

WHO?

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:04 PM
WHO?

He's just kidding around, why you gotta be all bitchy?

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Again, you're full of shit.

No one has said he's "for sure" anything.

Every single person I imagine you're referring to are usually the first people to say that the draft is a crapshoot at every position.

But what they will argue, is that the kid (and Stafford, Ryan, etc.) have the POTENTIAL to be 10 year starting, franchise level QB's.

Something Matt Cassel DOES NOT have.

You've invented an argument here, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why - unless you just like arguing.

Because what you're claiming isn't factual.

i cang search posts from my phone but YOU said this offseason that the jets have a 10 year starter franchise guy in sanchez. no potential in the post.

and i didnt invent shit or start an argument. you did all of this.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:09 PM
i cang search posts from my phone but YOU said this offseason that the jets have a 10 year starter franchise guy in sanchez. no potential in the post.

and i didnt invent shit or start an argument. you did all of this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Convenient.

You can't search from your phone.

Hopefully that phone also has a common sense app, because you need it.

Once again, arguing the poster, and not the post, context be damned.

Then again, it doesn't matter what I type, because according to you, you know that people don't actually mean what they type.

Pathetic.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:10 PM
How the fuck did I start this?

You made a comment that was 100% non-factual.

I called you on it.

Period.

Or maybe you're just "kidding around" every time you post.

you know what? fuck you.

you are a little bitch who hides behind that keyboard and snipes at people.

i can guarantee im not the only one who feels that some of you think that a qb is drafted high he is a franchise guy. well as long as YOU like the guy that is.

and yeah i said it but it wasnt directed at you so you calling me on it was starting an argument, but i guess you cant understand that.

why didnt vailpass call me on it? i was talking to him IIRC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 07:13 PM
**** you and your "spin." And it's not "my definition." I've used both, as have many others here, and it's pretty easy if you have any reading skills to tell which definition is being referenced.

When Mel Kiper calls Stafford or Sanchez a "franchise QB" in the days leading up to the draft, is it because he sees the potential, or because they've already reached elite status in the NFL?

I would have expected this from others, but you're smarter than this.

Don't be so Testy.

All I am saying is there is a gap between potential Franchise QB and a Franchise QB.

Hell I remember Kiper blowing Boller when he was drafted 19th by Baltimore. He was going to be the savior for them. Didn't tun out that way.

Flacco and Ryan both played way better than Sanchez as rookies and both were in similar situations with the talent around them. They are on the cusp of being elite.

Sanchez, not yet.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Convenient.

You can't search from your phone.

Hopefully that phone also has a common sense app, because you need it.

Once again, arguing the poster, and not the post, context be damned.

Then again, it doesn't matter what I type, because according to you, you know that people don't actually mean what they type.

Pathetic.

nope you said it. go ahead and delete the post. im pretty sure i quoted it. well see tomorrow.
we were talking about franchise level QBS you threw out sanchez. went on to say that hes their ten year starter fqnchise level qb.

well see.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Don't be so Testy.

All I am saying is there is a gap between potential Franchise QB and a Franchise QB.

Hell I remember Kiper blowing Boller when he was drafted 19th by Baltimore. He was going to be the savior for them. Didn't tun out that way.

Flacco and Ryan both played way better than Sanchez as rookies and both were in similar situations with the talent around them. They are on the cusp of being elite.

Sanchez, not yet.

thank you. QFT.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
nope you said it. go ahead and delete the post. im pretty sure i quoted it. well see tomorrow.
we were talking about franchise level QBS you threw out sanchez. went on to say that hes their ten year starter fqnchise level qb.

well see.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unless you're talking out of your ass.

OnTheWarpath15
you know what? fuck you.

you are a little bitch who hides behind that keyboard and snipes at people.

i can guarantee im not the only one who feels that some of you think that a qb is drafted high he is a franchise guy. well as long as YOU like the guy that is.

and yeah i said it but it wasnt directed at you so you calling me on it was starting an argument, but i guess you cant understand that.

why didnt vailpass call me on it? i was talking to him IIRC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hides?

I show up to CP functions every year. People here have been to my home, know my name, and my cell phone number. I'm not hiding from anyone.

And just because there are other dipshits that refuse to acknowledge the other defintions of "franchise" that are used here and in the media, and can determine which is being used based on the context of the post, doesn't make it OK.

And who gives a shit who you were talking to? You said something stupid.

I called you on it. And I'll continue to call out anyone who posts something that fucking stupid.

The funny thing is, had Brock beat me to the punch, you might have let it go.

But you gotta argue the poster, not the post.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Don't be so Testy.

Sanchez, not yet.

NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT.

Well, except Sauto.

There is a gap. Hell, I just got done decribing the two different ways the word "franchise" is used when referring to a QB on this board, and in the media.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:18 PM

nope. do a search brock. lets see.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:19 PM

I love how he tries to slam me by implying I'll delete the post.

LMAO

I don't even know what fucking post he's talking about.

And I don't care, either. I'm fully expecting it to be a post where it's implies I'm speaking of his potential, without using the word. But he'll say he knows what I meant by it.

You, and others will see it. He won't.

Shocking.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Hides?

I show up to CP functions every year. People here have been to my home, know my name, and my cell phone number. I'm not hiding from anyone.

And just because there are other dipshits that refuse to acknowledge the other defintions of "franchise" that are used here and in the media, and can determine which is being used based on the context of the post, doesn't make it OK.

And who gives a shit who you were talking to? You said something stupid.

I called you on it. And I'll continue to call out anyone who posts something that fucking stupid.

The funny thing is, had Brock beat me to the punch, you might have let it go.

But you gotta argue the poster, not the post.

hides? yep, yoy have said yourself that you were pretty sure tiny evel and clay were surprised about you not sayingnegative things last year.

so when in person you are too big of a pussy to talk shit?

yeah

thats you.

and i would have said the same things to brock. i feel that way and will discuss with anyone why.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 07:24 PM
I can't wait until real bullets start flying on the field. CP preseason is going well, mid-season form before the first meaningful pass (or INT depending on half glass full vs half empty).

ILChief
08-31-2010, 07:24 PM
I would love it if we traded for Leinart. The guy can play. He hasn't had much of a chance IMHO. When he has played he has performed fairly well. For whatever reason, Wisenhunt has it out for him. Not sure what Haley thinks of him. But I think he could be a very good QB.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
I love how he tries to slam me by implying I'll delete the post.

LMAO

I don't even know what fucking post he's talking about.

And I don't care, either. I'm fully expecting it to be a post where it's implies I'm speaking of his potential, without using the word. But he'll say he knows what I meant by it.

You, and others will see it. He won't.

Shocking.

its cool. people were naming franchise level players and you said sanchez.

i said i could see most but had an issue with sanchez.

you came back with something alone the lines of

" yeah it sure would suck to have a 10 year franchise starter at qb because thats what the jets have".

but thatsjust off the top of my head. well see.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
hides? yep, yoy have said yourself that you were pretty sure tiny evel and clay were surprised about you not sayingnegative things last year.

yeah

thats you.

and i would have said the same things to brock. i feel that way and will discuss with anyone why.
Posted via Mobile Device

Again, loose with the facts.

I said that Clay and Tiny expected me to be a raving lunatic at the game, and I'm not/wasn't.

Ask anyone that was at the bash or the game. Or that I've been to a game with.

KCFish. Coach. Monty. Phobia. Morphius. BRC. PostRock. Guru.

There's more, but that's more than enough folks to tell you you're full of shit, yet again.

They are living proof that I say negative things about the Chiefs in the company of living, breathing CP'ers.

Brock
08-31-2010, 07:28 PM
nope. do a search brock. lets see.
Posted via Mobile Device

I searched for Sanchez+franchise (a few results) and Sanchez+decade (0 results) and didn't find anything at odds with anything he's saying in this thread.

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 07:29 PM
I think JASONSAUTO must be trying to get his internet toughguy cub scout badge.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Again, loose with the facts.

I said that Clay and Tiny expected me to be a raving lunatic at the game, and I'm not/wasn't.

Ask anyone that was at the bash or the game. Or that I've been to a game with.

KCFish. Coach. Monty. Phobia. Morphius. BRC. PostRock. Guru.

There's more, but that's more than enough folks to tell you you're full of shit, yet again.

They are living proof that I say negative things about the Chiefs in the company of living, breathing CP'ers.

then why act like a raving lunatic on here?

like i said you arent the same IRL.

some things you say to me you wouldnt say to my face. thats guaranteed.

but im done with this tonite. well see tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:32 PM

nope just being real.

hell why didnt he jump on anyone else who questioned sanchez as a franchise guy?

oh yeah arguing the poster.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:32 PM
I'll help Sauto with his homework.

There are 51 posts of mine that come up when searching "Sanchez" and "franchise". Here's the link to all of them:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=427119

Here's a post relevant to the topic:

True franchise QB's: Brady, Manning's, Roethlisberger.

Guys that were drafted to be a FQB who will eventually or could win a SB: Rivers, Cutler, Ryan, Rodgers, Flacco, Stafford, Sanchez.

Guys that are solid QB's, but I don't think are capable of leading a team to a championship: Brees, Romo, McNabb.

Guys that could be solid but I don't think are capable: Cassel, Quinn, Schaub.

The rest are either to old to be considered, are no good, or are excaping my memory at the moment.

Well, that surely shoots down this "theory."

I'll head you off at the pass of moving the goalposts - yes, I was wrong about Brees.

I see a couple other posts that reference the potential of guys being franchise QB's.

But nothing where I claim that Sanchez is a franchise guy at the moment. Though I could have missed it.

notorious
08-31-2010, 07:33 PM

Ya, everybody gets a little weird on here from time-to-time.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:34 PM
I searched for Sanchez+franchise (a few results) and Sanchez+decade (0 results) and didn't find anything at odds with anything he's saying in this thread.

thats fine brock thanks. ill try to find it my self. he never talked about potential.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
never said he sucks. come on deez.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know you didn't, but let's keep the expectation level reasonable.

Did he play consistently well all year? No way. Not even close. But he has all the tools, seems to have some of the "it," and played his best ball in the most important games.

Hell, I'd be pretty optimistic if I were a Jets fan. And I concede that he might never live up to expectations.

Marcellus
I would love it if we traded for Leinart. The guy can play. He hasn't had much of a chance IMHO. When he has played he has performed fairly well. For whatever reason, Wisenhunt has it out for him. Not sure what Haley thinks of him. But I think he could be a very good QB.

I have said this before and I will say it again and it will use tonight's key word-

Anybody that want Lienart is being a bit of a hypocrite. He is no more "Franchise" than Cassel.

Everybody wants a "franchise" QB. Lienart won't get you there either.

And for the record, Lienart hasn't played well, he just hasn't totally shit the bed this preseason and he did shit the bed when he had to play for Warner and before that. He has had some truly bad games, as bad or worse than Cassel has thrown up.

OnTheWarpath15
then why act like a raving lunatic on here?

like i said you arent the same IRL.

some things you say to me you wouldnt say to my face. thats guaranteed.

but im done with this tonite. well see tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not a raving lunatic on here. You think that because I'm constantly calling you out on the stupid shit you say.

And ANYONE who's been here the past 5 years will tell you that, like Milkman, I'm equal-opportunity when it comes to calling out dumbasses.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:35 PM

Like I said, he's a sad, pathetic little man.

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Ya, everybody gets a little weird on here from time-to-time.You wouldn't say that to my face, petunia!

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Ya, everybody gets a little weird on here from time-to-time.

like i said i was talking to someone else. started out TIC and this guy jumps all over me.

yeah fuck him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 07:36 PM

Did he play consistently well all year? No way. Not even close. But he has all the tools, seems to have some of the "it," and played his best ball in the most important games.

Hell, I'd be pretty optimistic if I were a Jets fan. And I concede that he might never live up to expectations.

From what I have heard, and I don't live in NY or anything, there is as much concern amongst Jets fans about Sanchez as there is about Cassel with Chiefs fans.

Just listening to sports talk radio etc...

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:37 PM
nope just being real.

hell why didnt he jump on anyone else who questioned sanchez as a franchise guy?

oh yeah arguing the poster.
Posted via Mobile Device

One, I didn't see anyone making the same argument you're trying to make.

Two, even if I had, you have a history of saying stupid shit - taking things out of context, flat-out mis-representing comments made, (see comments about Clay and Tiny, for example) etc.

Don't like it?

Quit saying stupid shit you can't back up.

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 07:37 PM
You wouldn't say that to my face, petunia!

ROFL

Brock
08-31-2010, 07:38 PM
From what I have heard, and I don't live in NY or anything, there is as much concern amongst Jets fans about Sanchez as there is about Cassel with Chiefs fans.

Just listening to sports talk radio etc...

Probably more so. With a veteran QB that's probably a super bowl team. They need him to grow up in a hurry, at least that's the fan's viewpoint.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Like I said, he's a sad, pathetic little man.

nope pretty happy, definitely not pathetic. and nothing about me is little.

and i love how you are stealing from hootie now. he basically said the same shit about you
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Sanchez was drafted to BE a Franchise QB.

I don't recall anyone posting that he's already achieved that lofty status.

OnTheWarpath15
I have said this before and I will say it again and it will use tonight's key word-

Anybody that want Lienart is being a bit of a hypocrite. He is no more "Franchise" than Cassel.

Everybody wants a "franchise" QB. Lienart won't get you there either.

And for the record, Lienart hasn't played well, he just hasn't totally shit the bed this preseason and he did shit the bed when he had to play for Warner and before that. He has had some truly bad games, as bad or worse than Cassel has thrown up.

I'd challenge you to find anyone that thinks Leinart would be anything more than a one-year stop gap to improve the position.

Hell, I've even said as much. He'd be an improvement for 2010. But he's not the long term answer.

Doesn't mean people can't prefer him for 2010 over Cassel.

SAUTO
One, I didn't see anyone making the same argument you're trying to make.

Two, even if I had, you have a history of saying stupid shit - taking things out of context, flat-out mis-representing comments made, (see comments about Clay and Tiny, for example) etc.

Don't like it?

Quit saying stupid shit you can't back up.

so you are arguing the poster? LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
Sanchez was drafted to BE a Franchise QB.

I don't recall anyone posting that he's already achieved that lofty status.

Exactly.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:41 PM
so you are arguing the poster? LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, you are incompetent.

I'm arguing the stupid shit you said.

I'm pretty sure I said that already.

:shrug:

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:42 PM
nope pretty happy, definitely not pathetic. and nothing about me is little.

and i love how you are stealing from hootie now. he basically said the same shit about you
Posted via Mobile Device

It'd be hard to steal from someone I have on ignore.

But nice try.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:42 PM

fair enough

at least you can attest to the fact that i have been pretty TIC lately about the qb situation and everything in gneral. am i wrong on that?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:44 PM
It'd be hard to steal from someone I have on ignore.

But nice try.

yeah he obviously wasnt then. you told him how tall you are.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:46 PM
And you claim I need you...

15 minutes after saying you were done, you're still posting, and trying to cover your tracks.

IT WAS ALL JUST A JOKE. IT WAS ALL JUST TIC.

http://www.friendlyfire.be/Iraqi%20Information%20Minister.jpg

SAUTO
I'm not a raving lunatic on here. You think that because I'm constantly calling you out on the stupid shit you say.

And ANYONE who's been here the past 5 years will tell you that, like Milkman, I'm equal-opportunity when it comes to calling out dumbasses.

how come i get along so well with MM then?
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
I'd challenge you to find anyone that thinks Leinart would be anything more than a one-year stop gap to improve the position.

Hell, I've even said as much. He'd be an improvement for 2010. But he's not the long term answer.

Doesn't mean people can't prefer him for 2010 over Cassel.

I don't really know he is any better than Cassel but if they wanted to bring him in I wouldn't argue it but I would have the same concerns I have with Cassel.

I don't want somebody who will play just well enough to win enough games that everybody says we are on the up swing then we still have QB as the biggest question even though we go 9-7 or something.

I want Cassel to either sink to the bottom or show he can carry a team. Nothing in between.

I have also stated I root for Cassel because if he steps up and shows he can be the guy it is better for the franchise. Starting over again at QB will set us back yet several more years.

That being said I won't make any excuses for him this year. He will play how he plays and he better be able to make some chicken salad at times this year and be the guy who is responsible for some wins.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:47 PM
yeah he obviously wasnt then. you told him how tall you are.
Posted via Mobile Device

And?

Damn, you're not just moving the goalposts, you're playing a different fucking sport.

Congrats.

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 07:47 PM
And you claim I need you...

15 minutes after saying you were done, you're still posting, and trying to cover your tracks.

IT WAS ALL JUST A JOKE. IT WAS ALL JUST TIC.

http://www.friendlyfire.be/Iraqi%20Information%20Minister.jpgDid you ever know that you're his hero, everything he wished he could be? He can fly higher than an eagle, because you're the wind beneath his wings.

notorious
08-31-2010, 07:48 PM
like i said i was talking to someone else. started out TIC and this guy jumps all over me.

yeah **** him.
Posted via Mobile Device

No prob, it's easy to get carried away.

It happens to the best of us. Nobody is immune.

When I get pissy, I remind myself that it's just a fan forum, and that it should be for entertainment. If I get upset, it's time to log off, because the issue I am arguing isn't worth the time since nobody changes their mind.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

He calls you out on dumb shit, just like I do.

You just don't get your panties in a bunch when he does it.

And IIRC, he called you out for arguing the poster, not the post, the last time you pulled this shit.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Wow, you are incompetent.

I'm arguing the stupid shit you said.

I'm pretty sure I said that already.

:shrug:

so even if you had i have a history of saying stupid shit so you call me on it doesnt mean yoy are arguing the poster.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
Did you ever know that you're his hero, everything he wished he could be? He can fly higher than an eagle, because you're the wind beneath his wings.

ROFL

keg in kc
I don't really know he is any better than Cassel but if they wanted to bring him in I wouldn't argue it but I would have the same concerns I have with Cassel.

I don't want somebody who will play just well enough to win enough games that everybody says we are on the up swing then we still have QB as the biggest question even though we go 9-7 or something.

I want Cassel to either sink to the bottom or show he can carry a team. Nothing in between.

I have also stated I root for Cassel because if he steps up and shows he can be the guy it is better for the franchise. Starting over again at QB will set us back yet several more years.

That being said I won't make any excuses for him this year. He will play how he plays and he better be able to make some chicken salad at times this year and be the guy who is responsible for some wins.I think Leinert's biggest attraction would be that his name isn't Cassel. But other than that, I'm not sure how it would be an upgrade. More of a lateral move.

I do think it would be worth it to have a backup here other than Croyle.

notorious
08-31-2010, 07:50 PM
I think Leinert's biggest attraction would be that his name isn't Cassel. But other than that, I'm not sure how it would be an upgrade. More of a lateral move.

Bingo.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:50 PM
so even if you had i have a history of saying stupid shit so you call me on it doesnt mean yoy are arguing the poster.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me?

English at the table, please.

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 07:51 PM
I think Leinert's biggest attraction would be that his name isn't Cassel. But other than that, I'm not sure how it would be an upgrade. More of a lateral move.

That's more or less my point. To bitch about Cassel and pine for Lienart is kind of like bitching about the bread on your shit sandwich.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 07:51 PM

That being said I won't make any excuses for him this year. He will play how he plays and he better be able to make some chicken salad at times this year and be the guy who is responsible for some wins.

I agree.

The difference between you and me is that you think that when Cassel fails, he'll be replaced.

I don't, roster bonus bailout be damned.

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 07:53 PM
That's more or less my point. To bitch about Cassel and pine for Lienart is kind of like bitching about the bread on your shit sandwich.Excuse me, waiter, this looks like sprinkles, and I prefer to enjoy my turd sundae with hot fudge.

SAUTO
08-31-2010, 07:53 PM
He calls you out on dumb shit, just like I do.

You just don't get your panties in a bunch when he does it.

And IIRC, he called you out for arguing the poster, not the post, the last time you pulled this shit.

.i said i was done. dinner wasnt ready.

i didnt pull ANY stupid shit today. you did.

i have not started shit with you since that conversation with MM but you just had to jump on me today.

like i said you need me and dinners done so im out.

have a nice night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 07:56 PM
I agree.

The difference between you and me is that you think that when Cassel fails, he'll be replaced.

I don't, roster bonus bailout be damned.

You are correct, I think he would be dumped or restructure and become a back up.

I don't even think there is a question. I think he knows that as well.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 08:03 PM
.i said i was done. dinner wasnt ready.

i didnt pull ANY stupid shit today. you did.

i have not started shit with you since that conversation with MM but you just had to jump on me today.

like i said you need me and dinners done so im out.

have a nice night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nah, you didn't pull any stupid shit today.

You only made a bullshit claim that people have said that Sanchez is an elite QB right now, and when called on it, started moving the goalposts and managed to walk away without backing up your claim - as usual.

I guess in a way, I do need you. Because I really enjoy calling people out for their stupid, inaccurate comments and watching them squirm as they keep digging a deeper and deeper hole.

So yeah, I do need you. Because you're so damn easy to make look stupid. If this was a business, you'd be my best client.

Enjoy dinner, and continue ignoring the posts where Brock and I did a search, only to find - big shocker - nothing resembling your claim.

Toodles, Nancy.

milkman
08-31-2010, 08:22 PM

Oh hell no, you didn't say that.

I'm unique, damnit!

:D

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Oh hell no, you didn't say that.

I'm unique, damnit!

If unique = old, then yeah, you'd really fucking unique.

LMAO

milkman
08-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Because I think there's hope for you.

I rarely agree with you, but I can see there's a light in there somewhere.

OnTheWarpath15
08-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Because I think there's hope for you.

I rarely agree with you, but I can see there's a light in there somewhere.

Oh, snap.

milkman
08-31-2010, 08:27 PM
No prob, it's easy to get carried away.

It happens to the best of us. Nobody is immune.

When I get pissy, I remind myself that it's just a fan forum, and that it should be for entertainment. If I get upset, it's time to log off, because the issue I am arguing isn't worth the time since nobody changes their mind.

What the hell is wrong with you?

milkman
08-31-2010, 08:30 PM
If unique = old, then yeah, you'd really ****ing unique.

LMAO

It's true what they say, you know.

I'm not getting older, I'm getting bitt.......er......better.

luv
08-31-2010, 08:30 PM
I love lurking in threads like this.

Just had to post to say I was here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Gentlemen, Cassel's suckage has brought us all closer; can't we all just get along?:D

notorious
08-31-2010, 09:23 PM
What the hell is wrong with you?

A lot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-31-2010, 09:29 PM
A lot.

LMAO:clap:

milkman
08-31-2010, 09:37 PM
A lot.

Well yeah.

That was a rhetorical question.

DaKCMan AP
09-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Glazer: Cardinals shopping Leinart

Matt Leinart’s days in Arizona may be numbered.

The Arizona Cardinals have been calling around the league trying to trade their former first-round draft pick, FOXSports.com has learned.

Several teams have confirmed that they have received calls and e-mails from the Cardinals regarding his services, but it is not yet clear what sort of compensation that Arizona is seeking.
firstrow.net

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Matt-Leinart-being-shopped-by-Arizona-Cardinals

SAUTO
09-01-2010, 06:41 AM

ok now here is saying that sachez IS a franchise QB. THEN after i call him on it he says that " yeah he is expected to be thats what he was drafted for, so he's a franchise Qb until he shows otherwise"

BUT thats not what this post says OR implies. IMO it says sanchez IS a franchise QB. and then He's gonna backtrack when called on it.

If his deficiencies are just masked, welcome to a game or two either side of .500 ball and a possible one-and-done in the playoffs.

Manning
Rivers
Palmer
Brady
Flacco
Sanchez

Brees
Favre
Romo
Warner
Rodgers
McNabb

All franchise QB's. (Palmer can be argued now, but definitely was a FQB before his knee was destroyed)

Without one, expect a repeat of the mid-late 90's.

SAUTO
09-01-2010, 06:50 AM

yeah

thats you.

Posted via Mobile Device

ANNNND heres the post that says he didnt say ONE negative thing at the bash. he's the same person on here as in person:rolleyes:

Again, you're talking out of your ass.

Ask anyone who knows me here, and there are plenty. I'm nothing resembling the person you make me out to be.

I don't hide behind a screen name.

Ask Clayton or Tiny about their experience sitting with me at the Dallas game.

Ask anyone that attended Nzoner's bash if I said ONE negative thing about the franchise.

Take your dimestore psychology and shove it up your ass. Provided there's enough room, considering your head takes up most of the real estate.

Bane
09-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Maybe things would pick up at the "bash" if you guys set up a boxing ring so that all the drama cant be dealt with properly.

Coogs
09-01-2010, 07:22 AM
I think Leinert's biggest attraction would be that his name isn't Cassel.

Not for me. And maybe this is just me, but Leinart's touch on the ball reminds me of the ball Ken Stabler threw in his day with the Raiders. A very soft catchable ball, yet one that somehow was always on target, and almost never gave the opponents a chance to intercept it... even if it wasn't a bullitt like Elway/Favre throws.

I think with the routes we are running now, Leinart could flourish, and would allow our playmakers an opportunity to get the ball in space with a chance to make plays within the passing game... which in turn will benifit the running game as well.

In effect, without reinventing the wheel, he could make this same offense run the way it appears to be intended to run. Something we have not seen much to this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Maybe things would pick up at the "bash" if you guys set up a boxing ring so that all the drama cant be dealt with properly.

I like it.

Not for me. And maybe this is just me, but Leinart's touch on the ball reminds me of the ball Ken Stabler threw in his day with the Raiders. A very soft catchable ball, yet one that somehow was always on target, and almost never gave the opponents a chance to intercept it... even if it wasn't a bullitt like Elway/Favre throws.

I think with the routes we are running now, Leinart could flourish, and would allow our playmakers an opportunity to get the ball in space with a chance to make plays within the passing game... which in turn will benifit the running game as well.

In effect, without reinventing the wheel, he could make this same offense run the way it appears to be intended to run. Something we have not seen much to this point.

Good post. Yep, that's pretty much the vibe I get. We'll be dinking and dunking, but perhaps doing it with some better timing and precision.

Meh. I'd rather just ride this Titanic out, and shoot for the real-deal on draft day next year, or the year after that.

Coogs
09-01-2010, 08:34 AM
I like it.

Good post. Yep, that's pretty much the vibe I get. We'll be dinking and dunking, but perhaps doing it with some better timing and precision.

Meh. I'd rather just ride this Titanic out, and shoot for the real-deal on draft day next year, or the year after that.

Bills, Giants, and Raiders are the teams being reported asking about Leinart.

Bane
09-01-2010, 08:37 AM
I like it.

Sounds fun to me.What better way to get it all out of your system? ROFL

Brock
09-01-2010, 08:58 AM
ok now here is saying that sachez IS a franchise QB. THEN after i call him on it he says that " yeah he is expected to be thats what he was drafted for, so he's a franchise Qb until he shows otherwise"

BUT thats not what this post says OR implies. IMO it says sanchez IS a franchise QB. and then I'm gonna backtrack when called on it.

I'm not too interested in fighting anyone else's battles, but that's not what you said he said.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Bills, Giants, and Raiders are the teams being reported asking about Leinart.

Raiders? really? I thought they were set for the year?

Bane
09-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Raiders? really? I thought they were set for the year?

Exactly.I was hoping they'd say KC was interested just so traffic would pick up on here today.ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Exactly.I was hoping they'd say KC was interested just so traffic would pick up on here today.ROFL

TWO USC scrubs FTW!

SAUTO
09-01-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm not too interested in fighting anyone else's battles, but that's not what you said he said.

dude, how long was that ago? i was supposed to remember it word for word?

but he DID say that sanchez was a franchise QB, then back tracked.

expected and is are two different things.

Bane
09-01-2010, 09:05 AM
TWO USC scrubs FTW!

Yeah then we could watch Casshole not be able to beat out Leinart again!ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2010, 09:07 AM

Shocking development.

It really doesn't deserve any more response than that. People with half a brain see how ridiculous this is.

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Honestly.....I'll take him over Palko. As long as he doesn't cost anything more than a 6th-7th round pick.....I'm cool with it.

Bane
09-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Honestly.....I'll take him over Palko. As long as he doesn't cost anything more than a 6th-7th round pick.....I'm cool with it.

Damn..Seriously? How do you think Casshole would take it?
I doubt Pioli would do that do his boy but it would send a hell of a message I think.

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 09:37 AM
I doubt Pioli would do that do his boy but it would send a hell of a message I think.

Oh I fully wouldn't expect Leinart to start. I'd just like to see the look on Leinart's face when he has to back up Cassel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 09:37 AM

Exactly. The mistake shall not be admitted by Peeholi. Cassel will simply have to Uber-FAIL, and then we can move the fuck on.

Bane
09-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Oh I fully wouldn't expect Leinart to start. I'd just like to see the look on Leinart's face when he has to back up Cassel.

I guess that would kick some shit around.ROFL

Bane
09-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Exactly. The mistake shall not be admitted by Peeholi. Cassel will simply have to Uber-FAIL, and then we can move the **** on.

I've said the same thing but I'd almost bet he's here another year or 2 no matter how he plays.I bet we look back on all the QB's that came out in the 3-4 years span that we passed on to waste time on Cassel and Brodie and :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 09:45 AM
I've said the same thing but I'd almost bet he's here another year or 2 no matter how he plays.I bet we look back on all the QB's that came out in the 3-4 years span that we passed on to waste time on Cassel and Brodie and :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Excuse me for a moment....

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

Ahhhh....that's the stuff.

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Seriously.....I'd rather go into the season with:

Cassel
Croyle
Leinart

instead of:

Cassel
Croyle
Palko

Bane
09-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Excuse me for a moment....

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

Ahhhh....that's the stuff.

I wanna believe if Casshole stinks it up again his ass is gone,but I'm not convinced that would be the case.Then what? We go out and draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd and throw him straight in? Nah....I don't believe it for 1 min.Maybe we do draft our own supposed QBOTF next year,but I think Casshole will still be our #1.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Seriously.....I'd rather go into the season with:

Cassel
Croyle
Leinart

instead of:

Cassel
Croyle
Palko

If he can be had for the price of a Big Gulp, sure.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 09:53 AM
I wanna believe if Casshole stinks it up again his ass is gone,but I'm not convinced that would be the case.Then what? We go out and draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd and throw him straight in? Nah....I don't believe it for 1 min.Maybe we do draft our own supposed QBOTF next year,but I think Casshole will still be our #1.

That I could kinda' live with.

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 09:56 AM
If he can be had for the price of a Big Gulp, sure.

All it's going to cost us is a chance at drafting another TE next year.

Bane
09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
That I could kinda' live with.

I'll never understand being able to keep a job that you suck at.I have performance based quotas I have to meet and keep up with in order to keep my position and if I can't maintain a standard I will be replaced. You would think that at the BILLION dollar level of operating a NFL team that the same would apply but clearly it is not the case.Not for Casshole anyway.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:02 AM

Sold. :D

Frosty
09-01-2010, 10:10 AM

They'll find a way.

Bill Lundberg
09-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I haven't read through all of this and I'm sure it's been addressed but does anyone know how Haley and Leinart got along in AZ? I'm wondering if there could be some animosity there from the whole Leinart vs Warner issue before Warner started lighting it up again.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I haven't read through all of this and I'm sure it's been addressed but does anyone know how Haley and Leinart got along in AZ? I'm wondering if there could be some animosity there from the whole Leinart vs Warner issue before Warner started lighting it up again.

I was under the impression it was Wisenhut who put the axe on Matt.

Bill Lundberg
09-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I was under the impression it was Wisenhut who put the axe on Matt.

I'm sure he had the final say, but I imagine Haley had input as the OC.

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm sure he had the final say, but I imagine Haley had input as the OC.

Haley wasn't even allowed to call plays in his first season as OC in Arizona, so I'd imagine his participation in that decision was limited as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Haley wasn't even allowed to call plays in his first season as OC in Arizona, so I'd imagine his participation in that decision was limited as well.

Yeah, it was Wisenhut who wanted to go vertical instead of WCO, and he IS the HC after all.

nychief
09-01-2010, 11:02 AM
We have Matt Leinart already.... his name is Matt Cassel.

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Leinart has a little bit more talent than Cassel. He just has a 10 cent fucking brain.

Bill Lundberg
09-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Leinart has a little bit more talent than Cassel. He just has a 10 cent ****ing brain.

Dad always says, "You can't fix stupid"

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Dad always says, "You can't fix stupid"

But you also can't teach talent either.

Bill Lundberg
09-01-2010, 11:11 AM
But you also can't teach talent either.

Very true

Coogs
09-01-2010, 11:12 AM

:shake:

nychief
09-01-2010, 11:12 AM
I just see them both as dink and dunk passers with better jaw lines than completion percentages.

Dylan
09-01-2010, 11:38 AM
The Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders and New York Giants have had discussions about trading for Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart, league sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5518740

chiefsnorth
09-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Poor guy. Seems he sucks.

A hard thing to accept.

Rasputin
09-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Matt Lionfart thinks he is flustrated. What about the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs? I think we are beyond flustrated :cuss: How many reject/back up QBs is it going to take before we draft a QBotf?

disclaimer (wasn't talking about the "true fans")

nychief
09-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Matt Lionfart thinks he is flustrated. What about the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs? I think we are beyond flustrated :cuss: How many reject/back up QBs is it going to take before we draft a QBotf?

disclaimer (wasn't talking about the "true fans")

not for nothing, but isn't Leinart the post child for a QBOTF going bust? Wasn't he a heisman winner drafted 10th over all... who has failed. Isnt that the kinda move that you are clamoring for?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 12:02 PM
not for nothing, but isn't Leinart the post child for a QBOTF going bust? Wasn't he a heisman winner drafted 10th over all... who has failed. Isnt that the kinda move that you are clamoring for?

Not me. Anyone who wins that award is Bad Mojo.

Brock
09-01-2010, 12:02 PM

Is it any worse than our Nth high draft pick on the DL going bust?

nychief
09-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Is it any worse than our Nth high draft pick on the DL going bust?

that's not the point.... it's funny that in a thread about Leinart failing and being shipped out for a song... we still get snarky quips (?) about not drafting a QB high in the draft.

Brock
09-01-2010, 12:06 PM
that's not the point.... it's funny that in a thread about Leinart failing and being shipped out for a song... we still get snarky quips (?) about not drafting a QB high in the draft.

It is the point, it has been the point for 27 years. This team is afraid to try to draft QBs.

Coogs
09-01-2010, 12:10 PM

How has he failed? He was a young QB who was in a competition with Kurt Warner and lost. Not a shock. Kurt Warner would have beaten out damn near every QB in the league not named Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. He has completed 80% of his passes... some downfield... and has a QB rating of 110. He is smooth in his movements and delivery, plus hits his receivers in stride where they can do something with it after the catch.

Is he the second comming of Joe Montanna? Probably not. But at this time of the year, he is about as good as is going to be available. And no, I would not trade a high draft pick for him. Good QB's comming out next year.

nychief
09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
It is the point, it has been the point for 27 years. This team is afraid to try to draft QBs.

no, it's really not... but I understand your frustration. Keep in mind how everybody would be reacting had Leinart washed out with us.

Brock
09-01-2010, 12:13 PM
no, it's really not... but I understand your frustration. Keep in mind how everybody would be reacting had Leinart washed out with us.

About the same as they've reacted to Derrick Johnson, Ryan Sims, etc. They got over it.

nychief
09-01-2010, 12:14 PM
How has he failed? He was a young QB who was in a competition with Kurt Warner and lost. Not a shock. Kurt Warner would have beaten out damn near every QB in the league not named Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. He has completed 80% of his passes... some downfield... and has a QB rating of 110. He is smooth in his movements and delivery, plus hits his receivers in stride where they can do something with it after the catch.

Is he the second comming of Joe Montanna? Probably not. But at this time of the year, he is about as good as is going to be available. And no, I would not trade a high draft pick for him. Good QB's comming out next year.

I think by most standards... he is a bust. He was a heisman winner drafted 1th overall... he just lost his job to Derek Anderson who, mind you, sucks at football.

I don't think that Leinart beats out Cassel, for that matter. But what a retard slap fest that would be....

Rasputin
09-01-2010, 12:16 PM

I am very aware of the risk & the posible failures with drafting a high round QB. I also know the Chiefs have not gone down that path since Blacksuckledge. I also know we havn't won a play off game since 1993 with Joe ****ing Montana & have continued to get rejectc QBs from other teams to be our night in shining armor. FAIL on all accounts.

I would like us to draft & develop a player and give him time to mature and get better along with the rest of the young team. Hope is all we have to go on at some point. Continueing to do the same thing with same negative results is definition of crazy. I want us to do something different than what Carl Peterlesson did. What would it hurt? I don't want Leinart I want somebody we can groom our selves. Risk yes, reward could be greater.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I am very aware of the risk & the posible failures with drafting a high round QB. I also know the Chiefs have not gone down that path since Blacksuckledge. I also know we havn't won a play off game since 1993 with Joe ****ing Montana & have continued to get rejectc QBs from other teams to be our night in shining armor. FAIL on all accounts.

I would like us to draft & develop a player and give him time to mature and get better along with the rest of the young team. Hope is all we have to go on at some point. Continueing to do the same thing with same negative results is definition of crazy. I want us to do something different than what Carl Peterlesson did. What would it hurt? I don't want Leinart I want somebody we can groom our selves. Risk yes, reward could be greater.

:clap:

T-post Tom
09-01-2010, 03:10 PM
When wide receiver Anquan Boldin played for the Arizona Cardinals, he was an eyewitness to the shaky relationship between quarterback Matt Leinart and coach Ken Whisenhunt.

So, it didn't come as a shock to Boldin, who's now with the Baltimore Ravens, that Leinart has been replaced by Derek Anderson and is being shopped around in trade discussiuons.

“Honestly no," Boldin told 105.7 The Fan in Baltimore. "That’s just because I’ve been there and witnessed the relationship between both Matt and Coach Whisenhunt. So I’m actually not surprised. I don’t really want to speak too much on that because it’s not my problem. If it doesn’t refer to anybody in black and purple, I really could care less."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Anquan-Boldin-not-surprised-that-Leinart-was-benched.html

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Croyle for Leinart.

Croyle is a much better fit for Whisenhunt's offense, and Leinart is a more accurate short passer than Cassel.

teedubya
09-01-2010, 03:18 PM
IF Leinart came here... and beat out Cassel, Cassel would have college deja vu.

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Croyle for Leinart.

Croyle is a much better fit for Whisenhunt's offense, and Leinart is a more accurate short passer than Cassel.

Leinart and the Cards are on the NFL Network right now.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. So much more poised and accurate than Cassel or Croyle.

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Croyle for Leinart.

Why trade Croyle? Give up a 6th or 7th round pick for him and fucking cut Palko.

Marcellus
09-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Croyle for Leinart.

Croyle in Arizona would be interesting. For a game or 2.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Why trade Croyle? Give up a 6th or 7th round pick for him and fucking cut Palko.

Croyle's skillset is ideal for that team, and IMO, they would want more than a 6th to offload Leinart.

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Do you think they'd want Pope back? :D

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Croyle's skillset is ideal for that team, and IMO, they would want more than a 6th to offload Leinart.

That already have Skelton and Hall behind Anderson. I don't think they're going to want to take another QB on if they get rid of Leinart.

Coogs
09-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Leinart and the Cards are on the NFL Network right now.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. So much more poised and accurate than Cassel or Croyle.

This

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2010, 03:29 PM
That already have Skelton and Hall behind Anderson. I don't think they're going to want to take another QB on if they get rid of Leinart.

Neither one of those guys is ready. You could probably store Hall on the PS easier than Skelton, but both are developmental long shots.

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Neither one of those guys is ready. You could probably store Hall on the PS easier than Skelton, but both are developmental long shots.

Well I read on rotoworld.com (so take it for what its worth).....

The Cardinals don't want to take a chance trying to store either of them on the PS.....so they're going to keep them on the roster.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 04:29 PM

That doesn't really factor in that he was drafted for Dennis Green's WCO system and as a rookie he looked fine. In comes Whisenhunt with a system that Leinart isn't suited for at all and people are stunned he doesn't look good in and gets beat out by Warner who made his name in a downfield offense?

Now in that offense that he's still not a fit for he has a good preseason and they still refuse to make him the starter. This is more about Whisenhunt not personally liking him than anything at this point.

vailpass
09-01-2010, 04:34 PM

Every local sports talk show agrees with you 1000%. AZ is high on Skelton & Hall and fear they wouldn't clear waivers. That is part of the reason Matty is the odd man out.
That and he is weak which pisses Wiz off, has lost the locker room and would be owed some $ next year

vailpass
09-01-2010, 04:35 PM

Wrong.

vailpass
09-01-2010, 04:37 PM
That doesn't really factor in that he was drafted for Dennis Green's WCO system and as a rookie he looked fine. In comes Whisenhunt with a system that Leinart isn't suited for at all and people are stunned he doesn't look good in and gets beat out by Warner who made his name in a downfield offense?

Now in that offense that he's still not a fit for he has a good preseason and they still refuse to make him the starter. This is more about Whisenhunt not personally liking him than anything at this point.

Nope. Fitzgerald doesn't want to play with Matty because he doesn't want to get hung up on a short ball. Again. The team doesn't respond to Matty's whiner ways leading to Matty losing the locker room. Wiz sees Matty as soft and not dedicated. Before the preseason Warner would not endorse Matty when asked by a local radio guy. Kurt said "I don't know, we'll have to wait and see".
Good preseason? WTF?

Ugly Duck
09-01-2010, 04:38 PM
I'd take (Leinart) in a heartbeat. So much more poised and accurate than Cassel

I can't believe yer saying that. Leinart can't even muster a good game throwing to Larry Fitzgerald. When Cassel was on a good team, he racked up several AFC Offensive Player of the Week's with sky-high passer ratings. 136.3 pasting the Broncos 41-7, then throwing for 415 yards in a 48-28 victory at Miami. Became the fifth player in NFL history to have back-to-back 400-yard passing games. Became the first player since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger to total at least 400 passing yards and at least 60 rushing yards in a game versus the Jets. Threw four TD passes in a 49-26 victory over the Raiders. Then he went to KC & all of a sudden he's a bad QB? Maybe its not him - maybe its you. Cassel is good with a good team around him. Leinart is bad with a good team around him. No contest.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Nope. Fitzgerald doesn't want to play with Matty because he doesn't want to get hung up on a short ball. Again. The team doesn't respond to Matty's whiner ways leading to Matty losing the locker room. Wiz sees Matty as soft and not dedicated. Before the preseason Warner would not endorse Matty when asked by a local radio guy. Kurt said "I don't know, we'll have to wait and see".
Good preseason? WTF?

Uh he's played far better than Derek Anderson has.

Ken Whisenhunt is simply married to his system, hope he enjoys his 3 wins.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I can't believe yer saying that. Leinart can't even muster a good game throwing to Larry Fitzgerald. When Cassel was on a good team, he racked up several AFC Offensive Player of the Week's with sky-high passer ratings. 136.3 pasting the Broncos 41-7, then throwing for 415 yards in a 48-28 victory at Miami. Became the fifth player in NFL history to have back-to-back 400-yard passing games. Became the first player since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger to total at least 400 passing yards and at least 60 rushing yards in a game versus the Jets. Threw four TD passes in a 49-26 victory over the Raiders. Then he went to KC & all of a sudden he's a bad QB? Maybe its not him - maybe its you. Cassel is good with a good team around him. Leinart is bad with a good team around him. No contest.

Is it really hard to understand what happens when you take a WCO passer and put him in a downfield offense what happens?

Take Chad Pennington and ask him to throw 20 yard passes, watch how it goes. Not every fucking QB has the natural gifts to play in any offense.

Bane
09-01-2010, 04:42 PM

Mecca
09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Nice frozen gif.

Bane
09-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Nice frozen gif.

I've never figured out how to post them,or pics,where you don't have to click on them to see it fully.:doh!:

Ugly Duck
09-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Nice frozen gif.

you know what he means....

vailpass
09-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Uh he's played far better than Derek Anderson has.

Ken Whisenhunt is simply married to his system, hope he enjoys his 3 wins.

No, he hasn't. Leinart is a failure as a leader. Anderson is not.
Leinart hung out the league's best WR on a too-short pass which lead to an injury. Now the AZ WRs don't want to play with Leinart.
Leinart is disliked by his head coach because he is not seen as dedicated and tough.

And on and on. I am immersed in this crap here. You get your news from ESPN. Or maybe you receive the newsletter from WIWASCA?