PDA

View Full Version : Football Complexity of NFL Playbooks and Why Rookie WRs often Don't Do Well

Amnorix
08-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Go to the 19:40 mark of the interview with Tom Brady and listen to the play call and then his discussion with what WRs need to know/do.

If you're really interested in this stuff, there is also some discussion around the multiple playbooks, etc. that the Pats have earlier in the interview.

http://audio.weei.com/m/33870924/tom-brady-patriots-qb.htm

Amnorix
08-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh, and btw, this stuff would probably apply to the Chiefs under Weis as well.

vailpass
08-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Oh, and btw, this stuff would probably apply to the Chiefs under Weis as well.

The difficulty level for the Chiefs WRs under Weiss is probably higher since they have to wipe the jelly and gravy off of the playbooks before they can even read them.

Dante84
08-31-2010, 11:30 AM
The difficulty level for the Chiefs WRs under Weiss is probably higher since they have to wipe the jelly and gravy off of the playbooks before they can even read them.

"23 Twinkie, Funion right, OREO double twist belt tight, McFlurry on Toll House! Watch for the Mike and the Ike on this one, fellas!" /Cassel on Sundays

BossChief
08-31-2010, 11:32 AM

:clap:

CaliforniaChief
08-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Remember the good old days of huddling up with your friends as kids and drawing the plays with your finger on your hand? Good times....good times....

Dante84
08-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Remember the good old days of huddling up with your friends as kids and drawing the plays with your finger on your hand? Good times....good times....

When I was a kid my uncle would sometimes have me over and draw plays out with his fingers on my tummy.

I really hated practice.

:(

Saulbadguy
08-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Not only do the Patriots have to memorize their own signals, they have to memorize the other teams.

DonTellMeShowMe
08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Not only do the Patriots have to memorize their own signals, they have to memorize the other teams.

ROFL

MOhillbilly
08-31-2010, 11:52 AM
i seen maybe 40-60 3ring binders fulls of plays once.

CaliforniaChief
08-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Can you imagine the Raiders during the JaMarcus era?

"JaMarcus, I called hot red double slant xy curl Fresno...what was that?"
"I don't know coach! I pressed 'y' in my mind to throw it to Darrius but nothing happened. Stupid controller."

MOhillbilly
08-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Can you imagine the Raiders during the JaMarcus era?

"JaMarcus, I called hot red double slant xy curl Fresno...what was that?"
"I don't know coach! I pressed 'y' in my mind to throw it to Darrius but nothing happened. Stupid controller."

Its why a little bird told me once that he would rather have smart football players w/ middle of the road physical skills over dumb football players who have great physical skills.

InChiefsHeaven
08-31-2010, 12:26 PM

Marcus Allen's book said that Al Davis would just draw up plays and give them to the coaches DURING A GAME...

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-31-2010, 12:34 PM
When I was a kid my uncle would sometimes have me over and draw plays out with his fingers on my tummy.

I really hated practice.

:(

LMAO It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Jack Handy.

boogblaster
08-31-2010, 01:02 PM
thats why our ole-players are still on the team