PDA

View Full Version : Misc 1 in 4 British strippers has a degree

healthpellets
08-31-2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7967049/One-in-four-lap-dancers-has-a-degree.html

An study of the industry showed that the majority of dancers were attracted into the profession by the money, with all the women interviewed having finished school and gained some qualifications.

The average dancer took home £232 per shift after paying commission and fees to the nightclub where they worked.

Most dancers worked two to four shifts a week – giving them annual incomes of between £24,000 and £48,000 a year.

Many were aspiring actresses, models and artists who hoped to use lap dancing as a lucrative platform for breaking into their desired industry.

Unemployed arts graduates who had who had been unable to enter their ideal careers since university also made up a sizeable proportion of the lap dancers interviewed.

Rain Man
08-31-2010, 03:52 PM
There are few things on earth more appealing than an intelligent stripper.

jspchief
08-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Weird that arts graduates can't find jobs.

Rain Man
08-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Weird that arts graduates can't find jobs.

It's a good thing that their stepdads encouraged them to have a backup plan.

Extra Point
08-31-2010, 04:26 PM
There is nothing on earth more appealing than an intelligent stripper.

FYP, man.

Stewie
08-31-2010, 04:37 PM
I've heard the Outhouse in Lawrence is getting the cream of the crop from Missouri since that state is a bunch of prudes. I might have to make a 20 minute drive to check it out. :D

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 05:59 PM

Nice touch. ROFL

bevischief
08-31-2010, 06:04 PM
At least they know how to work it.

Marcellus
08-31-2010, 06:05 PM

One more thing on that note. I sort of "dated" a stripper for a while.She was ape shit nuts (go figure) but very upfront about everything and she told me all strippers have daddy issues.

Not that I really needed the insight but I found it interesting she fully understood it. Come to think of it she was nuts but she was pretty smart. Didn't have a degree though.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2010, 07:18 PM
There are few things on earth more appealing than an intelligent stripper.

Actually having dated a few strippers with college educations back in the day, I have to disagree.

There's pretty much nothing less appealing than an educated, intelligent stripper because they are extremely manipulative.

I prefer them hot and dumb. It's a much more palatable combination.

prhom
08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm curious, if a majority of strippers were enticed by the money, what were the other reasons that brought them to stripping? Free drinks is about all I can think of. Maybe strippers in the UK get good benefits and a 401(k)?!?!

MIAdragon
08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm curious, if a majority of strippers were enticed by the money, what were the other reasons that brought them to stripping? Free drinks is about all I can think of. Maybe strippers in the UK get good benefits and a 401(k)?!?!

They get off on the power.

boogblaster
08-31-2010, 07:59 PM
lots i knew were college gals ... dont know if they finished or not .....

Rain Man
08-31-2010, 08:08 PM

The chance to meet a lot of nice men and get felt up by them?

RedNFeisty
08-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Actually having dated a few strippers with college educations back in the day, I have to disagree.

There's pretty much nothing less appealing than an educated, intelligent stripper because they are extremely manipulative.

I prefer them hot and dumb. It's a much more palatable combination.

Eh, your just afraid of the smart ones, admit it.

:)

RedNFeisty
08-31-2010, 08:11 PM
The chance to meet a lot of nice men and get felt up by them?

Ding, ding, we have a winner!

The trashy girls like the free drugs, from what I have heard.

wildcat09
08-31-2010, 08:14 PM
I've heard the Outhouse in Lawrence is getting the cream of the crop from Missouri since that state is a bunch of prudes. I might have to make a 20 minute drive to check it out. :D

One of my favorite places when I was in college......may need to revisit. I remember the chicks being hot as hell and best of all its BYOB.

Spott
08-31-2010, 08:18 PM

The Outhouse is a strip club now?

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Eh, your just afraid of the smart ones, admit it.

:)

My wife graduated UCLA with a 3.95 in mathematics and a minor in Econ.

I am scared of her sometimes.

:D

RedNFeisty
08-31-2010, 08:41 PM

Wow, you got lucky; women who love math are the most amazing women!!

:clap:

I was just giving you crap before.

JD10367
08-31-2010, 08:52 PM
There are few things on earth more appealing than a stripper without diseases who will fuck you without charging for it.

FYP, man.

Rain Man
08-31-2010, 09:07 PM

How long was she a stripper before you met her?

Slayer Diablo
08-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Ding, ding, we have a winner!

The trashy girls like the free drugs, from what I have heard.

Aw, why ya gotta go bust'n implants? I'm sure there's a good mix of trashy strippers who don't like drugs in with the classy strippers who do like drugs.