PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports dang I thought I sucked at Golf. This golfer started a fire

Gracie Dean
08-31-2010, 09:12 PM
You can use a golf club for all kinds of non-golfy purposes -- walking stick, fishing rod, club, to name three. And now we can add to that list -- firestarter.

Over the weekend, a golfer's routine swing in the rough at the Shady Canyon Golf Course in Irvine, Calif., struck a rock. Not so different from the way you play, right? Only this time, the impact caused a spark, and the spark set off a blaze that eventually covered 25 acres, according to the Steven Buck, General Manager of Shady Canyon Golf Course, and required the efforts of 150 Orange County firefighters, writes the Associated Press.

Wow. And I felt bad the time I shanked a ball through the window of a house too close to the fairway. That was nothing compared to this!

The golfer's name is being withheld, which is probably for the best, and no charges are going to be filed. Fortunately, it all could have been much worse. As it was, the blaze required both helicopters and on-the-ground crews.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Golfer-s-swing-sparks-25-acre-California-blaze?urn=golf-266447

Pablo
08-31-2010, 09:16 PM
I bent the shit out of my 4-iron when I tried to take a ball out of an indention in the hillside in between two rocks. Also tore the shit outta my wrists.

Stanley Nickels
08-31-2010, 09:19 PM
I used to live behind the green of a par-5 hole on a golf course as a kid. Because it was a par 5, it was kind of difficult to overhit (usually by stroke 3 people were chipping on or whatever), but occasionally we'd get a ball through the window. No biggie; the course fees covered any instances like that. However, when I was growing up, we had an English Mastiff. I can promise you that people who knew that course well deliberately shot short, because they knew if it made it in the yard, that ball was gone. Think Sandlot, only a bigger dog. :D

Gonzo
08-31-2010, 09:21 PM
That guy's got a hot swing.
Posted via Mobile Device

JoeyChuckles
08-31-2010, 09:25 PM
I wonder if he tried to yell "Fire" when he shot but nobody paid attention because it sounded like "Fore"

kchero
08-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Whats the stroke penalty for something like that?

notorious
08-31-2010, 09:35 PM
He was trying to "Kill it with Fire" in a creative way.

CaliforniaChief
08-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Dustin Johnson just can't do anything right.

RedNFeisty
08-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Dang, did they not water the greens?

RippedmyFlesh
08-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Whats the stroke penalty for something like that?
severe he's improving his lie

Sofa King
09-01-2010, 08:07 AM
I bent the shit out of my 4-iron when I tried to take a ball out of an indention in the hillside in between two rocks. Also tore the shit outta my wrists.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31w4Kb3jKUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

seclark
09-01-2010, 08:15 AM
You can use a golf club for all kinds of non-golfy purposes -- walking stick, fishing rod, club, to name three.

they can also be used on your whorish ex-husband.
sin,
Elin Nordegren

DonTellMeShowMe
09-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Dustin Johnson just can't do anything right.

ROFL

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2010, 03:49 PM
You can use a golf club for all kinds of non-golfy purposes -- walking stick, fishing rod, club, to name three. And now we can add to that list -- firestarter.

Over the weekend, a golfer's routine swing in the rough at the Shady Canyon Golf Course in Irvine, Calif., struck a rock. Not so different from the way you play, right? Only this time, the impact caused a spark, and the spark set off a blaze that eventually covered 25 acres, according to the Steven Buck, General Manager of Shady Canyon Golf Course, and required the efforts of 150 Orange County firefighters, writes the Associated Press.

Wow. And I felt bad the time I shanked a ball through the window of a house too close to the fairway. That was nothing compared to this!

The golfer's name is being withheld, which is probably for the best, and no charges are going to be filed. Fortunately, it all could have been much worse. As it was, the blaze required both helicopters and on-the-ground crews.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Golfer-s-swing-sparks-25-acre-California-blaze?urn=golf-266447

Was it Ryan? Was it Ryan that started the fire?
http://20.media.tumblr.com/rCzZwoKoLm10ot5kBuPGbqTYo1_500.jpg

Rain Man
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
If my golf ball ended up in the middle of a blazing grass fire, I'd take a drop and absorb the penalty as opposed to trying to play it.

Gracie Dean
09-01-2010, 07:59 PM
they can also be used on your whorish ex-husband.
sin,
Elin Nordegren

She says she didn't do that:shake: