PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs True Fan Radio finally pulling it's head out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Welp, listening to 810, and these fools are finally talking QB draft, albeit at the back end of the first round ala Rodgers.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Progress. :thumb:

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Petro is about as far from a true fan as you can get.

RustShack
09-01-2010, 10:36 AM
We passed on Clausen. There is no way we find a better QB for this team. Cassel or Bust.

Bane
09-01-2010, 10:37 AM
We passed on Clausen. There is no way we find a better QB for this team. Cassel or Bust.

Yes sir.:thumb:

As far as Casshole or bust anyway.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Petro is about as far from a true fan as you can get.

He can be VERY True Fan at times.

Dayze
09-01-2010, 10:41 AM
I caught a snipet of it as I was picking up some chinese; but can't listen to it at work (no reception).

anyone have a break down of what he's homering?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I caught a snipet of it as I was picking up some chinese; but can't listen to it at work (no reception).

anyone have a break down of what he's homering?

Basically, they're saying that the QB elevates the play of the line by being a great QB.

I'm shocked. Shocked I say!

Dayze
09-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Basically, they're saying that the QB elevates the play of the line by being a great QB.

I'm shocked. Shocked I say!

:shake: (not at you, at Petro)

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm only half-listening, but I've heard him been talking about how valuable Manning and Brees are, about how few franchise quarterbacks there are (he says 5 or 6 I think), Cassel's problems with arm strength and whether they can work around it, whether the team can win with Cassel, different things they can try next year if Cassel flops this year (being a syracuse homer he had to mention McNabb :doh!:), whether it's draft picks or vets.

He's had Kevin Harlan on the last half hour or so, it's been pretty good listening.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm only half-listening, but I've heard him been talking about how valuable Manning and Brees are, about how few franchise quarterbacks there are (he says 5 or 6 I think), Cassel's problems with arm strength and whether they can work around it, whether the team can win with Cassel, different things they can try next year if Cassel flops this year (being a syracuse homer he had to mention McNabb :doh!:), whether it's draft picks or vets.

He's had Kevin Harlan on the last half hour or so, it's been pretty good listening.

Yep.

Dayze
09-01-2010, 10:54 AM
I did catch it when he did mentioned he thought the Chiefs would be 10-6 with a Manning/Brees/Brady etc.

well, duh. You mean when team has a franchise QB, that team has the ability to win games?
No sh*t...I never thought of it that way.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I did catch it when he did mentioned he thought the Chiefs would be 10-6 with a Manning/Brees/Brady etc.

well, duh. You mean when team has a franchise QB, that team has the ability to win games?
No sh*t...I never thought of it that way.

Rejoice! Progress! :D

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-01-2010, 12:47 PM
They must read CP.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 12:49 PM
They must read CP.

More of those damn lopps SHOULD read CP, front-office included.

KCrockaholic
09-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Next year, depending on who goes pro, there will be a wide variety of QB's that have potential to be very good QB's in the NFL.

DJ's left nut
09-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Petro hasn't been that far off for awhile now.

Keitzmann has become damn near unlistenable, OTOH. I'm beyond tired of listening to that guy make excuses.

Dave Lane
09-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Petro is anything but a True Fan. I do think he's right. We have to see what Cassel can do this year and then decide where to go from there. There's really no other option anyway.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Petro is anything but a True Fan. I do think he's right. We have to see what Cassel can do this year and then decide where to go from there. There's really no other option anyway.

Dude, Petro was True Fan to the fucking max BEFORE we traded for that POS, and then he True Fan'd his ass up and down the airwaves for him all throughout 2009.

It is obvious to anyone with half a cell-count what the result is going to be, so now Mr. Petro has to put his True Fan-ism on the shelf and embrace the reality that has been espoused here at Teh Planet for months.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Dude, Petro was True Fan to the fucking max BEFORE we traded for that POS, and then he True Fan'd his ass up and down the airwaves for him all throughout 2009.

It is obvious to anyone with half a cell-count what the result is going to be, so now Mr. Petro has to put his True Fan-ism on the shelf and embrace the reality that has been espoused here at Teh Planet for months.

For that, he gets credit. If Keitzman is still banging the drum, then he is the idiot most have all considered him to be for some time now.

BossChief
09-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Y'all need to get xm.

That is where true fan dreams are truly crushed.

I have it in my rental car and the quality of the broadcasts are far superior to those on any local radio broadcast.

Im getting a mobile unit as soon as I get back, its a must have guys.

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Petro has never been a true fan, unless your only parameter for that status is "disagrees with my idea of what the Chiefs should do". You may or may not like his opinions (and I often don't - see: Donovan McNabb), but everything he says is a product of his own study of NFL history and stats. He's not a moron, he's not a Chiefs homer - by any stretch - despite the fact that he's worked with them. In fact, he's probably been more consistently (and intelligently) critical of the organization than anybody on the air in KC, at least of anybody I've listened to in the last decade. And when I say "intelligently", that's what differentiates him from guys like Kietzman and Harry; they traditionally dogged the Chiefs more as the product of personal animosity with the front office and people on the PR staff. Whereas when Petro would have an issue with something, it would be a football-related topic, and he'd back it with some kind of reasoning.

(Beyond that, I'd venture a guess that you'd find most true fans probably dislike him because he can come across as condescending when they call in.)

That's my opinion, at least. Maybe I have bias because I'm a fan of the guy's show. But he's the absolute last guy I'd ever lay the true fan moniker on.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Petro has never been a true fan, unless your only parameter for that status is "disagrees with my idea of what the Chiefs should do". You may or may not like his opinions (and I often don't - see: Donovan McNabb), but everything he says is a product of his own study of NFL history and stats. He's not a moron, he's not a Chiefs homer - by any stretch - despite the fact that he's worked with them. In fact, he's probably been more consistently (and intelligently) critical of the organization than anybody on the air in KC, at least of anybody I've listened to in the last decade. And when I say "intelligently", that's what differentiates him from guys like Kietzman and Harry; they traditionally dogged the Chiefs more as the product of personal animosity with the front office and people on the PR staff. Whereas when Petro would have an issue with something, it would be a football-related topic, and he'd back it with some kind of reasoning.

(Beyond that, I'd venture a guess that you'd find most true fans probably dislike him because he can come across as condescending when they call in.)

That's my opinion, at least. Maybe I have bias because I'm a fan of the guy's show. But he's the absolute last guy I'd ever lay the true fan moniker on.

Well, he got my vote today for a decent broadcast. :D

Goldmember
09-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Next year, depending on who goes pro, there will be a wide variety of QB's that have potential to be very good QB's in the NFL.

So you trust Pioli to correctly guess on a QB he knows less about than he did with Cassel?

Bowser
09-01-2010, 02:17 PM

Keitzmann has become damn near unlistenable, OTOH. I'm beyond tired of listening to that guy make excuses.It's hilarious. Before 810 became the "Official Broadcast Partner of the Kansas City Chiefs", he absolutely loathed everything about the team to the point he would mock them as much as he could get away with on air. Now, he can't gobble enough cock from 1 Arrowhead Dr.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:20 PM
So you trust Pioli to correctly guess on a QB he knows less about than he did with Cassel?

Boy, this is really throwing a bone, but I trust him to do his due diligence and to do whatever it takes to field a winner.

chiefsnorth
09-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I wish Claussen would flop so people would stop with "passed on Claussen".

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 02:25 PM

I trust that a GM (especially the executive of the decade) has enough common sense to not trade for a back up college quarterback to start for your franchise unless you're damned well sure he's the real deal. Cassel will definitely be a top 5 qb this year. Right?

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Keitzmann has become damn near unlistenable, OTOH. I'm beyond tired of listening to that guy make excuses.Kietzman has always been unlistenable. The only reason to listen to his show is for the main guests (the weekly football segment guys, etc) and that only works during football season.

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I trust that a GM (especially the executive of the decade) has enough common sense to not trade for a back up college quarterback to start for your franchise unless you're damned well sure he's the real deal. Cassel will definitely be a top 5 qb this year. Right?Well, lest we not forget, we are talking about a second round pick here. It's not like he traded #3 for him. That's a game manager kind of deal, not a Peyton Manning kind of trade.

The question remains, of course, whether Cassel can be a game manager. But let's not get too carried away.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm watching a rerun of preseason Chi Vs Az. Cutler just launched a fucking bomb that made me quite envious....

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Well, lest we not forget, we are talking about a second round pick here. It's not like he traded #3 for him. That's a game manager kind of deal, not a Peyton Manning kind of trade.

The question remains, of course, whether Cassel can be a game manager. But let's not get too carried away.

Well I'm glad we only traded a 2nd round pick for an original 7th round pick that took an all world team to a -5 win/loss differential vs. what Tom terrific did the year before. And who did we get at #3 again? Yeesh, I won't even go there................

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm watching a rerun of preseason Chi Vs Az. Cutler just launched a ****ing bomb that made me quite envious....Cutler's problem lies between his ears, there's never been any physical issue there.

If he ever "gets it", watch out.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Be truthful Chiefsplanet, who would you rather have right now?

Cassel/Jackson or Sanchez/Maualuga?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:35 PM

Cassel/Jackson or Sanchez/Maualuga?

My God; that's not even a question.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 02:37 PM
My God; that's not even a question.

When you consider it would've saved the front office about $50 million, I can't even fathom wtf they were thinking. That's a lot of soccer players, yo!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:40 PM
When you consider it would've saved the front office about $50 million, I can't even fathom wtf they were thinking. That's a lot of soccer players, yo!

LMAO

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Well I'm glad we only traded a 2nd round pick for an original 7th round pick that took an all world team to a -5 win/loss differential vs. what Tom terrific did the year before. And who did we get at #3 again? Yeesh, I won't even go there................Hey, I hated the trade. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective. You should be glad we only traded a 2nd round pick, because everybody at the time expected it to take more. The talk was multiple picks including a first, right up until the day of the trade.

I'm not saying it wasn't a mistake. I'm not saying I like it. I'm not saying you should like it. I'm saying it could have been much worse than it was, and I'm thanking my lucky stars it wasn't. And I'm also thanking my lucky stars they have the out in the contract for next year. I know some (or many) people think they won't exercise it, but the option is there and I take some comfort in that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Hey, I hated the trade. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective. You should be glad we only traded a 2nd round pick, because everybody at the time expected it to take more. The talk was multiple picks including a first, right up until the day of the trade.

I'm not saying it wasn't a mistake. I'm not saying I like it. I'm not saying you should like it. I'm saying it could have been much worse than it was, and I'm thanking my lucky stars it wasn't. And I'm also thanking my lucky stars they have the out in the contract for next year. I know some (or many) people think they won't exercise it, but the option is there and I take some comfort in that.

It helps me sleep at night. It also( along with Eric Berry )keeps me from going full-"Motherfuck YOU, Scott Pioli" at this stage in the game.

So, yeah.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Hey, I hated the trade. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective. You should be glad we only traded a 2nd round pick, because everybody at the time expected it to take more. The talk was multiple picks including a first, right up until the day of the trade.

I'm sorry if it came across like I was lashing out at you with that post. I really wasn't. I just loathed that whole deal and it's been awhile since I've released some of the venom. :fire:

Really not directed at you though. And the fact that we can get out of the deal makes it better. If we end up with Jake Locker somehow, someway, I'll be happy about the whole thing, believe it or not.

Let me add something here. I'd love nothing more than for Matt Cassel to shove a crow's ass in my mouth by actually being a top 5 qb. I'm just not holding my breath. Ultimately though, that is the best scenario for all of us. Fuck my opinions, and my pride when it comes to the Chiefs winning football games.

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 02:44 PM

Cassel/Jackson or Sanchez/Maualuga?I didn't and don't want Cassel/Jackson but I wouldn't touch Sanchez with a 20 foot pole. In retrospet, though, I'd certainly take, say, Raji and Maualuga.

Unfortunately I live in a world where we have Cassel and Jackson, so I'm stuck trying to think of ways to deal with that reality, and what players we can acquire in the future. Not much is gained by looking backwards.

BossChief
09-01-2010, 02:45 PM
funny, there was a time (well before the combine) when I was actually campaining for Mauluaga as our first rounder (with a hopeful trade down) before I moved my backing to Orakpo.

How about

Orakpo
Mauluaga
Berry
Clausen
Cody

those are literally the guys I was pushing for at those spots (though I am using a bit of revionist history on passing on Clausen at 5 and taking him in the second.)

Damn intraweb gms

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 02:46 PM
It helps me sleep at night. It also( along with Eric Berry )keeps me from going full-"Mother**** YOU, Scott Pioli" at this stage in the game.

So, yeah.Thankfully I'm liking 2010 (so far) even more than I hated 2009.

So hopefully 2011 and 2012 are more like 2010, and not at all like year one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:47 PM
funny, there was a time (well before the combine) when I was actually campaining for Mauluaga as our first rounder (with a hopeful trade down) before I moved my backing to Orakpo.

How about

Orakpo
Mauluaga
Berry
Clausen
Cody

those are literally the guys I was pushing for at those spots (though I am using a bit of revionist history on passing on Clausen at 5 and taking him in the second.)

Damn intraweb gms

I don't know man, I'm kinda' over the whole Clausen thing.

(but don't tell H151)

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Thankfully I'm liking 2010 (so far) even more than I hated 2009.

Good outlook. :thumb:

Mr. Flopnuts

I can get on board with that. I had some issues with our 2nd round picks this year as well, but I'm starting to see some value out of them. I'm pretty excited for this season even if my last posts indicated otherwise.

Reerun_KC
Y'all need to get xm.

That is where true fan dreams are truly crushed.

I have it in my rental car and the quality of the broadcasts are far superior to those on any local radio broadcast.

Im getting a mobile unit as soon as I get back, its a must have guys.

Your just now getting Sirius/XM? WOW!

BossChief
09-01-2010, 02:51 PM

(but don't tell H151)

So am I, but that doesn't change the players I liked at those spots.

I think if we took those guys, our defense would be nearly fixed by now (true nose, franchise pass rusher, hopeful franchise qb, franchise mlb, extraordinary secondary, etc.) and the offense would be damn close.

That's all I'm saying

Hell, I may end up being wayyyy off and the players we took could turn out to be gems...

time will tell

Ebolapox
09-01-2010, 02:53 PM

(but don't tell H151)

ROFL

heeeeey!

BossChief
09-01-2010, 02:53 PM

So hopefully 2011 and 2012 are more like 2010, and not at all like year one.yes, sir :thumb:

Your just now getting Sirius/XM? WOW! I know, right! ROFL and its just in a rental car, for now till I get one for my truck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:55 PM
ROFL

heeeeey!

Damn!:D

H5N1. I'm no good with alpha-numerics, son. All apologies.

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Orakpo
Mauluaga
Berry
Clausen
Cody

Damn intraweb gmsI didn't want Orakpo, Mauluaga or Cody, and I was heavily anti Raji last offseason (that's why I said 'in retrospect'...).

Looking back at that 2009 draft, I don't think there was anybody I wanted in the top 5 except for Stafford. I don't think I'd have been happy with anything but a trade out of 3 at the time, which was unfortunately nigh on impossible. Looking back with the 20-20 rear-facing goggles now, I'd have taken Raji, I guess, but that's still looking like one shit soup of a first round to me. Maybe there's a bias there because I've said all along we had the extreme misfortune of our highest pick in decades landing in the absolute worst possible draft for it.

Maybe people aren't far off when they say god hates the Chiefs. :(

I'm pretty happy with everything in this draft. I'll never complain about drafting playmakers. Even short ones. Little concerned about Moeaki's health, but that's the only real issue for me. If they can find a way to keep him on the field, he could end up being a stud.

Ebolapox
09-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Damn!:D

H5N1. I'm no good with alpha-numerics, son. All apologies.

what else could you be, EXCEPT for all apologies?

kc rush
09-01-2010, 03:00 PM
This seems as good a place as any to dump this

OTC: Has Matt Cassel Already Lost This City?

http://www.kcconfidential.com/?p=19600#more-19600

“This city is ready to turn on Matt Cassel. I’m not sure I know why.”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM

GH: Season two for the Chiefs’ quarterback has yet to begin but yet there is a growing concern among the media and fans that Scott Pioli’s $60-million man is not the man to return Arrowhead and the Chiefs to greatness. Read on.

“I think (the fans) have already turned on the guy. I think they are going to have to go look for another quarterback at some point.”
Nate Bukaty, 810 AM

“Uhhhh, I don’t know. Being my teammate.”
Jamaal Charles, when asked what he thought Matt Cassel does best, 610 AM

GH: Charles probably didn’t mean for his hesitant reaction and less-than-laudatory comment to demean his quarterback but it did. You kind of hope that for $60 mill you get more than a shower buddy.

“(Cassel) showered in Spandex and ankle socks yesterday.”
Bob Fescoe, 610 AM

GH: And the problem with that is what?

“(Matt Cassel) is in the lower half (of the NFL’s quarterbacks) for me. I need to see him do some things to win some games.”
Todd Leabo, 810 AM

“Brodie Croyle looked a heck of a lot better than Matt Cassel. While it isn’t a big issue right now, it could become one before this season is over.”
Jack Harry, after the Chiefs’ first preseason game in Atlanta, TV 41

“Would this team be a whole lot worse off if Brodie Croyle was the quarterback? I don’t think so. I don’t think you could call (Cassel) indispensible right now.”
Adam Teicher, Chiefs beat writer for Kansas City Star, 610 AM

GH: Teicher’s comment might be one of the more damning when it comes to Cassel’s worth to the Chiefs. Brodie is simply not an NFL QB. If Cassel is his equal, that is not good.

“A lot of things were encouraging on Friday night (against the Eagles). Quarterback wasn’t one of them. If they want to win eight games, the quarterback needs to play pretty damn good.”
Nick Wright, 610 AM

“After listening to the comments of Jamaal Charles and Charlie Weiss, there is no doubt that Scott Pioli has handcuffed his staff and his team with Matt Cassel. There are young and promising additions on this roster and that is a credit to the GM. Unfortunately, he may never see their development because of his first major strikeout from New England.”
Shan Shariff, 610 AM

“If the Patriots decide to place the franchise tag on Matt Cassel, they must have $14.6 million of salary cap space available — or at least have a plan in place to create that space once Cassel signs the franchise tender.”
Mike Reiss, writer Boston Globe, January 2009

GH: 20 months ago Cassel was considered good enough to receive the franchise tag from the Patriots. Today he is considered interchangeable with Brodie Croyle. This is not good.

“(Cassel) certainly could be as good as Trent Green was. Joe Montana never had a great arm. I think arm strength is overrated. It’s all about accuracy and leadership.”
Jeff Chadhia, NFL writer for ESPN.com, 810 AM

GH: I would take Trent Green good from Cassel. But I haven’t seen the accuracy and leadership from Cassel that Chadhia points to for success. Cassel still throws into trouble far too often and his leadership skills are more little brother than big brother.

“The clock now is ticking on Matt Cassel. If he doesn’t go out there and utilize his tools properly, then Matt Cassel will fail as a quarterback – not only in this city but quite possibly in the National Football League.”
Bob Fescoe, 810 AM

“The issue of Matt Cassel is much better served for January than today.”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM

GH: Does 810’s contract with the Chiefs expire in January?

“The first thing I wanted to do was help fix the quarterback.”
Charlie Weis, discussing Matt Cassel in one of his first discussions with the media this summer

GH: It appears Charlie still has some work to do.

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 03:03 PM
I can get on board with that. I had some issues with our 2nd round picks this year as well, but I'm starting to see some value out of them. I'm pretty excited for this season even if my last posts indicated otherwise.If they find a quarterback next offseason then I think they're on their way. And I don't care who it is, as long as it's somebody good. Veteran, draft pick, whoever. A QB who falls in the top half of the league's starters.

I know that goes against my (loudly) stated desire to draft and groom one, but this offense was good enough to win a Superbowl with Trent Green behind center. So if they go that route, I can live with it, as long as it's a Drew Brees or Brett Favre (I HATE HIM, but still...) style move, and not a hand-me-down where they're turning to turn Grbac or Cassel into Montana or Brady.

This is assuming Cassel doesn't turn into Brady himself this offseason, as incredibly remote a possibility as that is.

In a perfect world, they get their Brees or Favre and draft their QBotF...

But that's probably too much to hope for.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
what else could you be, EXCEPT for all apologies?

I see what you did there.

“The issue of Matt Cassel is much better served for January than today.”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM

GH: Does 810’s contract with the Chiefs expire in January?

This.

Goldmember
09-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I trust that a GM (especially the executive of the decade) has enough common sense to not trade for a back up college quarterback to start for your franchise unless you're damned well sure he's the real deal. Cassel will definitely be a top 5 qb this year. Right?

So do I. I think we're on the same page. So far, I'm not very impressed with his decision on Cassel and the his first year draft. This year's draft seems to be good but you can never make up for missing on a #3 pick and a franchise QB. Time will tell if Sanchez and Clausen will turn out that way but even if they don't TyJack will never live up to his draft position.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 04:29 PM
ROFL:shake:

Oh dear God:

Listening to Holthus and Keitzman talk Cassel and Chiefs Offense is pure fucking torture...

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 04:46 PM
ROFL:shake:

Oh dear God:

Listening to Holthus and Keitzman talk Cassel and Chiefs Offense is pure ****ing torture...I love holthus, but he takes homervision to a whole new level sometimes.

BossChief
09-01-2010, 04:50 PM
“Uhhhh, I don’t know. Being my teammate.”
Jamaal Charles, when asked what he thought Matt Cassel does best, 610 AM

there you have it Casselites, even Jamaal Charles couldnt think of anything good to say when put on the spot. Go ask any teammate of any of 20 quarterbacks that same question and you get a list of things....

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Holthus is the only person that I love for being a true fan. But he calls the games. We need a true fan to call the games.

BossChief
09-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I love holthus, but he takes homervision to a whole new level sometimes.

he is KnowMo

talking to the guy in person is different though, I enjoyed talking with him in person while at camp. Remember, he is an employee.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Holthus is the only person that I love for being a true fan. But he calls the games. We need a true fan to call the games.

This I agree with.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-01-2010, 07:32 PM

The biggest complaint that I hear about Cassel is his lack of arm strength and a lack of down field accuracy. I just don't see Clausen as significantly better.

The two guys the Chiefs have had a chance to get over the last two years are Sanchez and Clausen. IMO, neither are franchise guys. They have a ceiling similar to Cassel's. Which is a glorified game manager.

Maybe I will be proven wrong, but that is the way I see it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
It's obviuos all those guys read CP. Otherwise Cassel would be getting some love. I can hear the crowd booing Cassel already and we haven't even kicked off. Monday night could get ugly.

notorious
09-01-2010, 07:44 PM
True Fan Radio finally pulling it's head out.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Progress. :thumb:

"Dogs and Cats living together.....Mass Hysteria!"

doomy3
09-01-2010, 08:26 PM

See, I disagree with this. Cassel needs to be better than Mark Sanchez or Jimmy Clausen. And not just better than them this year, but better in the long run.

Actually, it really is that Cassel for however many years and whatever QB we eventually draft need to be better than Sanchez or Clausen, IMO.

It isn't like Pioli has passed on John Elway and Peyton Manning because he has Cassel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 08:31 PM
See, I disagree with this. Cassel needs to be better than Mark Sanchez or Jimmy Clausen. And not just better than them this year, but better in the long run.

Actually, it really is that Cassel for however many years and whatever QB we eventually draft need to be better than Sanchez or Clausen, IMO.

It isn't like Pioli has passed on John Elway and Peyton Manning because he has Cassel.

Yep, there are better prospects on the horizon. I'm over both of those guys.

doomy3
09-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Yep, there are better prospects on the horizon. I'm over both of those guys.

Then it's time to move on from every thread turning into "true fan" this and that, and talking about Cassel ad nauseum. IMO, we would be further off by taking a guy like Sanchez and trying to make him into something he's not and being tied to that QB for years and passing on actual legitimate franchise QBs.

Cassel for a few years if he doesn't get it and drafting a top-level game changer at the position is MUCH better than settling for a guy like Sanchez or Clausen simply because they are the best options in a bad QB year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Then it's time to move on from every thread turning into "true fan" this and that, and talking about Cassel ad nauseum. IMO, we would be further off by taking a guy like Sanchez and trying to make him into something he's not and being tied to that QB for years and passing on actual legitimate franchise QBs.

Cassel for a few years if he doesn't get it and drafting a top-level game changer at the position is MUCH better than settling for a guy like Sanchez or Clausen simply because they are the best options in a bad QB year.

But...but....:sulk: I just don't think it's possible. Sorry.

A few years? For the love of all that is professional football; NO.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 08:58 PM

I can get with that. If Sanchez and Clausen both turn out to be dog shit, then the Cassel move was probably a best case scenario, even if he doesn't turn out to be all that. That's fair enough.

doomy3
09-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I can get with that. If Sanchez and Clausen both turn out to be dog shit, then the Cassel move was probably a best case scenario, even if he doesn't turn out to be all that. That's fair enough.

But see, that's the thing. That's all Pioli should be held to when it comes to QBs. He didn't like Sanchez in that draft so he traded a second rounder to get Cassel. We are still in a position to get a top level QB if Cassel fails this year.

People on here act like making the move for Cassel set this franchise back years, when in reality drafting Sanchez could have really been the move that set this franchise back. Can you even imagine how pitiful Sanchez would look on this team? We didn't pass on Stafford for Cassel.

Now, the Tyson Jackson pick was a bad pick. No argument on that one. However, I don't know what Raji has necessarily done to drive all the hype he seems to be getting on this board either. Really Maualuga as well.