PDA

View Full Version : MU Washington Suspended Forever

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Per 810.

Sorry, no link.

Priest31kc
09-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Were you hoping RB Derrick Washington could return to the Mizzou football team soon if he got his sexual assault case taken care of?

Think again.

After announcing last week that Washington was suspended "indefinitely", MU athletic officials tell Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star that Washington has been "permanently suspended" from the Mizzou football team.

Here's what MU told the Star via email:

Derrick Washington has been permanently suspended from the University of Missouri football program. Nothing about this decision will affect his existing athletic scholarship as long as he remains enrolled at Mizzou.

A month ago, Washington was a team captain and one of the leaders of the Mizzou football team.

He's been charged with sexual assault.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/2010/9/1/1663350/derrick-washington-permanently-suspended-mizzou-football

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:57 AM
It will not affect his education, but no more football says Petro via KC Star article.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Were you hoping RB Derrick Washington could return to the Mizzou football team soon if he got his sexual assault case taken care of?

Think again.

After announcing last week that Washington was suspended "indefinitely", MU athletic officials tell Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star that Washington has been "permanently suspended" from the Mizzou football team.

Here's what MU told the Star via email:

Derrick Washington has been permanently suspended from the University of Missouri football program. Nothing about this decision will affect his existing athletic scholarship as long as he remains enrolled at Mizzou.

A month ago, Washington was a team captain and one of the leaders of the Mizzou football team.

He's been charged with sexual assault.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/2010/9/1/1663350/derrick-washington-permanently-suspended-mizzou-football

I didn't really know or think anything, I'm just relaying what I heard.

Chiefs Rool
09-01-2010, 11:05 AM
It will not affect his education, but no more football says Petro via KC Star article.

he will still have to go door to door and tell everyone he's a sex offender

Priest31kc
09-01-2010, 11:06 AM

lol thats what the article said....

DaFace
09-01-2010, 11:07 AM

Psst...that's the text from the blog.

Iowanian
Welll!! Obviously, we have a rapist in Columbia

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMtZfW2z9dw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMtZfW2z9dw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

kepp
he will still have to go door to door and tell everyone he's a sex offender

Only if he is convicted or doesn't plea down to a misdameanor (sp?).

CoMoChief
09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RustShack
09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Mizzou might as well not even play this year, season over boys.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Mizzou might as well not even play this year, season over boys.

LMAO

"RIFFS"!

"YEAH, RIGHT"!

OmahaChief
09-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Good choice by the team to just cut ties and move on. Hopefully, he gets his crap together and can be a decent member of society.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Psst...that's the text from the blog.

Ah, I see what he did there. :doh!:

Red Dawg
09-01-2010, 11:29 AM
That's bullshit. He can't play but still goes to school free? He's on a football scholarship not an academic one.

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 11:29 AM
M I Z

Z O U

WE ARE MIZZOU

Brock
09-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Good choice by the team to just cut ties and move on. Hopefully, he gets his crap together and can be a decent member of society.

They're not cutting ties. He keeps his schollie, apparently.

luv
09-01-2010, 11:30 AM
That's bullshit. He can't play but still goes to school free? He's on a football scholarship not an academic one.

That's what I thought was weird.

RustShack
09-01-2010, 11:31 AM
He didn't get kicked off, he got suspended.

eazyb81
09-01-2010, 11:58 AM
M I Z

Z O U

WE ARE MIZZOU

How embarrassing for Mizzou, right? It would be much more honorable for the program to keep the thugs playing by any means necessary like Nebraska and good Dr. Tom.

Somewhere, Larry Philips and Christian Peter are shaking their heads.

BigRichard
09-01-2010, 12:02 PM
My guess is (I don't know the story all that well), that if he hasn't been convicted of sexual assualt yet and only charged, if they booted him from the school and he is found innocent they would have a lawsuit on their hands.

OmahaChief
09-01-2010, 12:04 PM
They're not cutting ties. He keeps his schollie, apparently.

In a football sense they cut ties was the meaning of what I wrote. I doubt anyone really cares about Dwash the student.

It does suck that a potential felon is sucking up a scholly though.

kepp
09-01-2010, 12:09 PM
In a football sense they cut ties was the meaning of what I wrote. I doubt anyone really cares about Dwash the student.

It does suck that a potential felon is sucking up a scholly though.

Well, I guess if he's convicted of anything serious he'll lose his scholarship when he gets put away.

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 12:09 PM
How embarrassing for Mizzou, right? It would be much more honorable for the program to keep the thugs playing by any means necessary like Nebraska and good Dr. Tom.

Somewhere, Larry Philips and Christian Peter are shaking their heads.

Yea but those guys won championships Derrick The Rapist Washington couldn't even beat Navy. Maybe he did it out of frustration when he heard Mizzou would be staying in the Big 12?

kepp
09-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Yea but those guys won championships Derrick The Rapist Washington couldn't even beat Navy.

And there you have an example of the true thinking of the classiest fans in the country.

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
And there you have an example of the true thinking of the classiest fans in the country.

I made sure to add the Big Ten part don't forget that.

Pitt Gorilla
09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Yea but those guys won championships Derrick The Rapist Washington couldn't even beat Navy. Maybe he did it out of frustration when he heard Mizzou would be staying in the Big 12?He certainly knew how to beat Nebraska, though.

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 12:12 PM
He certainly knew how to beat Nebraska, though.

They got destroyed at home last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 12:13 PM
He certainly knew how to beat Nebraska, though.

BOO-YA!

kepp
09-01-2010, 12:14 PM

And congrats on winning one quarter out of the last 12.

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 12:15 PM
And congrats on winning one quarter out of the last 12.

Will Mizzou hang a banner for making the Texas bowl?

DJ's left nut
09-01-2010, 12:26 PM

The guy didn't get convicted of anything yet.

This is a precautionary PR move by the Tigers and if they both kick him off the team AND take away his scholarship, they're essentially taking $15 grand out of his pocket on the basis of an allegation and without conducting any form of hearing on the matter. He'll get a massive pecuniary penalty for a mere allegation.

Think the attorneys for the family didn't have something to say about that?

I have no problem with him keeping his Scholarship. It's not actually costing the Tigers anything (it's not as though him having an enrollment slot is keeping someone else from making it in, the enrollment caps aren't that strict) and it avoids the hassles of depriving him of a significant financial benefit without a chance to defend himself.

Demonpenz
09-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I find it humorous that in last years program his favorite athlete was Kobe Bryant.

chiefsnorth
09-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Are fans of Lawrence Phillips U really trying to get mileage out of this?

Iowanian
09-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Now he'll have time to F ever girl at Mizzzou

eazyb81
09-01-2010, 12:50 PM

Hey, who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and Gabbert's leg will almost get ripped from body again.

Lzen
09-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Yea but those guys won championships Derrick The Rapist Washington couldn't even beat Navy. Maybe he did it out of frustration when he heard Mizzou would be staying in the Big 12?

Not that I give a shit about either team, but this is pathetic reasoning. :shake:

KCrockaholic
09-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Now he'll have time to F ever girl at Mizzzou

Hey I'm friends with a couple of them!

Saulbadguy
09-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Rough day for Mizzou.

Frazod
09-01-2010, 01:20 PM

Ironic, isn't it?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Rough day for Mizzou.

Eh, a bad day being Mizzou is better than a great day being KU.

Lloyd Christmas
09-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Tony Mitchell also delcared ineligible for the bball team today. Rough day for Mizzou fans

Lzen
09-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Eh, a bad day being Mizzou is better than a great day being KU.

If you're trying to throw smack back at Saul, you failed.

Pssssst, he's a KSU fan.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Tony Mitchell also delcared ineligible for the bball team today. Rough day for Mizzou fans

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/kyungusol/Rampage-1.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 01:37 PM
If you're trying to throw smack back at Saul, you failed.

Pssssst, he's a KSU fan.

I wasn't. I am aware of his affiliation. I'm simply stating a personal truism.

baitism
09-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Honestly, I am not torn up about either of those. I thought Washington was worse last year than his sophomore year. I was hoping they would bench him after about half of last season. I want to see some new bodies at the RB position.

As far as Mitchell, he was going to be one and done, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Hey, who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and Gabbert's leg will almost get ripped from body again.

:D

kstater
09-01-2010, 02:55 PM
So they're wasting a scholarship on a guy they don't want playing for them? Weird.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:56 PM
:D

HAAAAATE.

DJ's left nut
09-01-2010, 03:05 PM
So they're wasting a scholarship on a guy they don't want playing for them? Weird.

So you think there are a bunch of street free agents sitting around a week before the first game of the season they could use it on?

Folks - the scholarship is gone. Even if they wanted to use it, there's nobody out there to pick up. Sure, they could break it apart and give it to some walk-ons, but ultimately your walk-ons don't amount to much (and would be on scholarship by now if they were worth a crap).

So rather than essentially throw a senior captain out of school for what amounts to no gain whatsoever, they decided not to demoralize their squad any more than this already has and move forward.

Weird.

siberian khatru
09-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Honestly, I am not torn up about either of those. I thought Washington was worse last year than his sophomore year.

He was. But by most accounts from this preseason, he was slimmed down and had regained his quickness. Losing him is a blow ... but they do have depth at RB. Hope they stay healthy.

gblowfish
09-01-2010, 03:44 PM
If you keep him on the team, the school is accused of harboring a sexual predator. If you kick him off the team, the school is accused of not allowing due process.

Lose-Lose situation.

Dartgod
09-01-2010, 03:46 PM

Not this fan. I thought the same thing when I saw Billay's post.

"Dude, we had Lawrence-freaking-Phillips on our team!"

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Not this fan. I thought the same thing when I saw Billay's post.

"Dude, we had Lawrence-freaking-Phillips on our team!"

When did Lawrence Phillips rape a chick? And this is a message board we talk smack who cares?

Spott
09-01-2010, 04:37 PM
When did Lawrence Phillips rape a chick? And this is a message board we talk smack who cares?

He was charged with sexual assault in 1998 and 2000 and he was also charged with assaulting women in 95 and 97.

kstater
09-01-2010, 04:39 PM
So you think there are a bunch of street free agents sitting around a week before the first game of the season they could use it on?

Folks - the scholarship is gone. Even if they wanted to use it, there's nobody out there to pick up. Sure, they could break it apart and give it to some walk-ons, but ultimately your walk-ons don't amount to much (and would be on scholarship by now if they were worth a crap).

So rather than essentially throw a senior captain out of school for what amounts to no gain whatsoever, they decided not to demoralize their squad any more than this already has and move forward.

Weird.

They don't have any walk-ons that have busted their ass and not gotten arrested for sexual assault?

Dartgod
09-01-2010, 04:47 PM
When did Lawrence Phillips rape a chick? And this is a message board we talk smack who cares?:shake:

Rain Man
09-01-2010, 05:13 PM
He was charged with sexual assault in 1998 and 2000 and he was also charged with assaulting women in 95 and 97.

He cleaned up his act in '96 when he was drafted. That's the Vermeil influence right there.

joesomebody
09-01-2010, 05:25 PM
I think Mizzou did the right thing. Sure, it sucks but really not a huge loss.

As to the Nebraska game last year, that hurt. It rained it's nutsack off, and how was I rewarded for sticking around the whole game? An abomination of a 4th quarter. Power went off all around the stadium, had to use generators. Our brand new scoreboard malfunctioned in that typhoon.

That, and our backup QB was so god awful, that they forced Gabbert to play after having his ankle damn near ripped off by a boy named Suh.

Rough game for sure.

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 06:17 PM
:shake:

I forgot you cheer for Mizzou too.

KcMizzou
09-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I think Mizzou did the right thing. Sure, it sucks but really not a huge loss.
I think it's a good thing to get the distraction out of the way. Hes gone, now the team won't be wondering about it. Things like this can hurt a team, or galvanize a team. In any case, letting it linger on would have done nothing good.

Pioli Zombie
09-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington?

Dartgod
09-01-2010, 07:07 PM
I forgot you cheer for Mizzou too.
Why does that matter? The fact that you are defending Lawrence Phillips' actions is pretty telling. He was a thug, plain and simple. And if the allegations against Washington are true, then he is a thug too.

In hindsight, I wish that Tom Osborne had taken the same action that Pinkel is taking with Washington. National Championships be damned.

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Why does that matter? The fact that you are defending Lawrence Phillips' actions is pretty telling. He was a thug, plain and simple. And if the allegations against Washington are true, then he is a thug too.

In hindsight, I wish that Tom Osborne had taken the same action that Pinkel is taking with Washington. National Championships be damned.

Where was I defending Lawrence Phillips? I don't recall him raping a chick if I recall he beat up Scott Frost girlfriend. I was also 10 or 11 years old when that happend so I didn't really understand it. Nebraska didn't need Phillips to beat Florida anyway.

Dartgod
09-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Where was I defending Lawrence Phillips? I don't recall him raping a chick if I recall he beat up Scott Frost girlfriend. I was also 10 or 11 years old when that happend so I didn't really understand it. Nebraska didn't need Phillips to beat Florida anyway.
OK, maybe defending is the wrong word. But you made it clear that what he did was ok, because he didn't rape anyone and won a National Championship.

duncan_idaho
09-01-2010, 07:55 PM

Actually, there has been no NCAA ruling as of yet. However, the final day to enroll in classes for this semester was today.

There remains a chance he could be cleared to play for the second semester.

This is a similar situation to what Aldon Smith faced his freshman year, when he was cleared around October. That was also an issue with transfer credits/placement exams/etc.

Funny thought: If Mitchell IS cleared, he will be able to play from late December on, and it won't matter if he ever sets foot in a classroom at Mizzou.

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 07:58 PM
OK, maybe defending is the wrong word. But you made it clear that what he did was ok, because he didn't rape anyone and won a National Championship.

Nah what he didn't do was ok I was just doing what most Mizzou fans would have done if the tables were turned.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Nah what he didn't do was ok I was just doing what most Mizzou fans would have done if the tables were turned.

Truth.

alanm
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I think it's a good thing to get the distraction out of the way. Hes gone, now the team won't be wondering about it. Things like this can hurt a team, or galvanize a team. In any case, letting it linger on would have done nothing good.All kidding aside in this thread.. But there does seem to be a distinct lack of focus going on down in Columbia getting ready for the season. :eek:
That's on the coaching staff.

alanm
09-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Where was I defending Lawrence Phillips? I don't recall him raping a chick if I recall he beat up Scott Frost girlfriend. I was also 10 or 11 years old when that happend so I didn't really understand it. Nebraska didn't need Phillips to beat Florida anyway.Actually he pulled her by her hair down a flight of 5 steps. He also broke into her apt. :shake: Phillips had Million dollar talent and a 5 cent brain.

KcMizzou
09-01-2010, 09:42 PM
All kidding aside in this thread.. But there does seem to be a distinct lack of focus going on down in Columbia getting ready for the season. :eek:
That's on the coaching staff.Ridding themselves of the D-Wash issue will help the team get focused. Don't get me wrong... it's an embarrassing clusterfuck.

They need to put it behind them and beat Illinois. After that, they've got 3 cupcakes, and time to get shit straight before conference play begins.

luv
09-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Wow. Billay is an asshole.

KcMizzou
09-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Wow. Billay is an asshole.You new here? :)

luv
09-01-2010, 10:05 PM
You new here? :)

I'm a widdle slow.

KcMizzou
09-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm a widdle slow.Heh. Billay's just talking shit. I'm honestly surprised more KU fans haven't rubbed our noses in it. (Wickedson must have internet issues or something)

All you can do at a time like this, is wait for the games to start, and hope your team wins.

Titty Meat
09-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Baby you aint seen nothin yet.

KcMizzou
09-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Baby you aint seen nothin yet.LMAO

I'm gonna laugh my ass off when Mizzou beats you at home. You make sure and come to talk to us about it.

luv
09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Baby you aint seen nothin yet.

Bring it.

Swanman
09-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Mizzou fans, look at it this way, with one less running back, that will be more yards that Gabbert can throw for in the opener. The Illini's secondary was shaky to begin with, but have lost 2-3 starters due to injury or dismissal before the season starts. I think our fourth string running back might be starting at corner on Saturday. It's going to be a rough one for Illini fans like me.

Saulbadguy
09-02-2010, 08:04 AM

That is offensive to assholes like myself.

kepp
09-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Mizzou fans, look at it this way, with one less running back, that will be more yards that Gabbert can throw for in the opener. The Illini's secondary was shaky to begin with, but have lost 2-3 starters due to injury or dismissal before the season starts. I think our fourth string running back might be starting at corner on Saturday. It's going to be a rough one for Illini fans like me.

Yeah, but we have a lot of inexperienced WRs. Thankfully, Jerrell Jackson, our leading returning WR, will apparently start the game in spite of his injured hand. For me this off season has gone from "we should have a really good team" to "we'll just have to wait and see".

Dartgod
09-02-2010, 10:40 AM
LMAO

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Mizzou beats you at home. You make sure and come to talk to us about it.

Fixed it...

Saulbadguy
09-02-2010, 10:49 AM
LMAO

I'm gonna laugh my ass off when Mizzou beats you at home. You make sure and come to talk to us about it.

Billay would likely disappear, or tell us he was just joking. Sam Hall would hate football again.

Titty Meat
09-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Billay would likely disappear, or tell us he was just joking. Sam Hall would hate football again.

The only thing Mizzou is beating Nebraska at in football is off field arrest.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 12:21 PM
That is offensive to assholes like myself.

Around the world...:shake:

joesomebody
09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Can't wait for the game Saturday. It will be my first time at Arrowhead East.

Frazod
09-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Can't wait for the game Saturday. It will be my first time at Arrowhead East.

Same here. What section are you in?

Priest31kc
09-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Washington arrested for domestic assault

Former Missouri tailback Derrick Washington was arrested by Columbia Police early Sunday morning on suspicion of third-degree domestic assault, according to the online activity log at the Boone County Sheriff's Department. Washington, 21, was released on $1,000 bond, according to the log. Washington was dismissed from the MU football program earlier this month and faces a felony sexual assault charge stemming from allegations that he assaulted a female in her Columbia apartment in June. Under state law, third-degree domestic assault is a Class A misdemeanor. We'll have more details on Washington's latest situation.

http://ht.ly/2CZYg

Shogun
09-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Washington arrested for domestic assault

Former Missouri tailback Derrick Washington was arrested by Columbia Police early Sunday morning on suspicion of third-degree domestic assault, according to the online activity log at the Boone County Sheriff's Department. Washington, 21, was released on $1,000 bond, according to the log. Washington was dismissed from the MU football program earlier this month and faces a felony sexual assault charge stemming from allegations that he assaulted a female in her Columbia apartment in June. Under state law, third-degree domestic assault is a Class A misdemeanor. We'll have more details on Washington's latest situation.

http://ht.ly/2CZYg

:clap:

Rausch
09-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Under state law, third-degree domestic assault is a Class A misdemeanor.

Where's Baby Lee in mah' drunken moment of need to expanatory what 3rd% domestic Judy-punch'n a bidge rates on the legal scale...

Frazod
09-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Wow. Looks like we did the right thing dumping his sorry ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Yep, saw that cunt on the news again; fuck 'Im.

CoMoChief
09-12-2010, 09:46 PM
3rd deg assault could be as little as pushing someone.

Wish I knew more to what happened.