PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I'm Goin' to Arrowhead!

jojomontana
09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Probably no big deal to those of you who live out that way, but as someone who has been a Chiefs fan living in the East all his life, it's awesome! This will be my first trip to Kansas City! I'm stoked.

A buddy called me up and said, "Can you get off work the 13th and 14th?"
Me: I don't know, why?
Him: You have to.
Me. Ok. Why?
Him: I hope I wasn't too presumptuous with what I just did.
Me: WTF? What are you talking about.
Him: The Chiefs have their home opener on Monday Night Football on the 13th.
Me: Yeah, they do.
Him: And the Falcons are away that weekend. (He's a Falcons season ticket holder)
Me: Ok. What does this have to do with ... wait ...
Him: Yep. Arrowhead is one of the sports stadiums I've always wanted to vist - so I bought us club level seats to the game and round trip tickets. You *do* want to go, don't you?
Me: ...

Well, you get the idea. I'm stoked. Be stoked for me or bitch about my self-indulgent thread, it doesn't matter... CUZ I'M GOING TO ARROWHEAD, BABY!

Bowser
09-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Well, if you're going to do it right for your first trip in, this is the way to do it. Congrats!

Dayze
09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
sweet, Congrats dude.

-King-
09-01-2010, 01:30 PM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/581/goodjob.gif

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Don't get too happy! He's your friend now but later he'll stab you in the back, Probably fuck your girlfriend while your out back taking a leak and kick your dog while you're not around. I bet he'll shake your beers up before he hands you one and spit in your mayo jar and giggle next time you make a sammich.

But hey, at least you're going to get to see first hand how bad Cassel really is. Congrats.

jojomontana
09-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Hog Farmer, your post is awesome. Just a few problems. If he and my wife wanted to get it on, I'd simply ask that I be allowed to film it. (It'd never happen) I kick my dog myself. (He shits in the house when he feels like it) He serves mixed drinks when he's hosting (never touches me beers) I detest mayo. (Miracle Whip if anything)
I'm not worried.

The last three times I've seen the Chiefs live, they've had Bono, Grbac, or Thigpen. So, yeah, show me Cassel. I ain't skeered.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Hog Farmer, your post is awesome. Just a few problems. If he and my wife wanted to get it on, I'd simply ask that I be allowed to film it. (It'd never happen) I kick my dog myself. (He shits in the house when he feels like it) He serves mixed drinks when he's hosting (never touches me beers) I detest mayo. (Miracle Whip if anything)
I'm not worried.

The last three times I've seen the Chiefs live, they've had Bono, Grbac, or Thigpen. So, yeah, show me Cassel. I ain't skeered.

ROFL ROFL ROFL You have all bases covered . Congrats dude !!! I hope we pull out an ass whoopin on the Chargers.

Simply Red
09-01-2010, 01:47 PM
nothing like it anywhere, brah, quite an experience.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2010, 01:51 PM
nothing like it anywhere, brah, quite an experience.

Hey, sorry I haven't gotten back to you.

To answer your question, I'm thinking about leaving around 5:30am on Saturday morning and getting into town to take a 10:00am tour of Arrowhead.

I'm picking Tiny up at MCI at 2:30.

I'm going to try to decide by early next week.

CoMoChief
09-01-2010, 01:53 PM
DEF make sure you hit up the Royals game first for some quality baseball.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-01-2010, 01:54 PM
congrats dude, even tho we are down, its still one of the better atmospheres in the NFL. At very least, if we get our ass kicked, you still could get drunk

Kyle DeLexus
09-01-2010, 02:06 PM
I'll be there as well. Either in the company seats or in a Suite, not sure which yet.

sportsman1
09-01-2010, 02:09 PM
DEF make sure you hit up the Royals game first for some quality baseball.

ROFL Definitely POTD!

Bowser
I'll be there as well. Either in the company seats or in a Suite, not sure which yet.Look us up, dammit. And the suites are going to be super, super nice, but I think it won't feel like a Chiefs game up there (got to sit up there for a game last year. Loved it, but it sure didn't feel like a football crowd in there....)

Goldmember
Congrats! I had a similar opportunity (a free ticket to the opener) but can't get away right now. I'll be there for the Cardinals game though

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm coming home too. Can't wait!

Bill Lundberg
09-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Have fun. I hope you enjoy being told to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up while trying to cheer on the Chiefs. That's been my experience with the club level...

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I can count how many Chiefs games I've missed in the last 17 years on 1 hand. And that was all from Seattle, WA. I just went to my first Chiefs game in Arrowhead last weekend, and I'll be at that MNF game as well. Get ready for the time of your life, brah!

Donger
09-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Are there seats at Arrowhead where one does not have to sit with the vulgar crowd?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Are there seats at Arrowhead where one does not have to sit with the vulgar crowd?

Yes. That would be the "lame-assed pussy"-section. Consult your local Ticketmaster.:p

Donger
09-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Yes. That would be the "lame-assed pussy"-section. Consult your local Ticketmaster.:p

I don't see that section listed. Are there any "box seats"?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't see that section listed. Are there any "box seats"?

Consult BRC or Phobia; they probably know all there is to know.

QuikSsurfer
09-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Awesome man. You have some people to tailgate with?

Home openers are the best... never been to a home opener where we've actually won but I've been to a few.

seclark
09-01-2010, 02:48 PM

sit by me donger...we'll share some nachos and spit peanut shells the whole game through!
sec

bevischief
09-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Congrats. The place looks great since they finished the remodel. Go check out the Bash thread and you will how many CPers are going to MNF.

Hydrae
09-01-2010, 02:56 PM
I am jealous. I look forward to the day I can afford to make the pilgrimage myself. At least I have been able to see the team a few times here in Houston and will again this year.

Kyle DeLexus
09-01-2010, 04:57 PM

We prefer classy and sophisticated.

Kyle DeLexus
09-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Look us up, dammit. And the suites are going to be super, super nice, but I think it won't feel like a Chiefs game up there (got to sit up there for a game last year. Loved it, but it sure didn't feel like a football crowd in there....)

I did the suite thing for the first time this summer at a Royals game and for that it was perfect. I could go out and be just as active as everyone else but it's so much more laid back than football. I wouldn't turn them down for a Chiefs game though thats for sure, but if I can't get one I'm perfectly happy with the seat I have.

Is there an official tailgating thread for the game? I'm sure the people I'm going with will do something, but since it's a corporation it probably won't be a legit tailgate.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
We prefer classy and sophisticated.

I prefer Lindsay Lohan straight, sober, and cute, yet that's not happening either.

kchero
09-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Ill be there with my wife and some other friends. Anyone is welcome to stop by I have a 6 man beer bong so that always starts the fun times.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Ill be there with my wife and some other friends. Anyone is welcome to stop by I have a 6 man beer bong so that always starts the fun times.

I'll be seeing you soon, Sir. :D

jojomontana
09-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Thanks for all the positive stuff.

We've got a car picking us up from the airport and taking us to the stadium. So, no, we don't have tailgating plans - but we will be nosing around the parking lot to see if we can mooch our way in to someone's tailgate festivities. :)

I'll be the one in the Chiefs jersey. Heh. (Hey, that's how they find me at the Georgia Dome.)

kcmaxwell
09-02-2010, 06:56 AM
What a cool way to see arrowhead!! congrats!! hope you jave a good time and we whoop some ass!!!

jojomontana
09-02-2010, 07:54 AM
I too hope we whoop some bolt (dolt) ass! It would be a nice change of pace to see them win. Last time I saw a live Chiefs victory was against the Lions on Thanksgiving day back in the '90s... 96 I believe. Marcus scored his 111th rushing touchdown that day.

BTW, I'm not sure why that little green line at the bottom of my profile stats now has a scroll-over that reads, "jojomontana is probably a DCS/ROR mult. Enjoy the lame jokes and homoerotic posts," but I don't know what a DCS/ROR mult even *is.* So yeah - not sure how that got there.

Ok...
one last question...
What is the best BBQ joint for us to check out, taking a pretty direct route from the airport to Arrowhead? I loves me some BBQ and absolutely cannot visit the BBQ Capital of the World without having some. I believe I'll have BBQ for every meal while I'm there.