PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who is your pick for 2010 sleeper Chief?

Hammock Parties
09-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Someone on the roster is going to surprise. Who is it? I threw out a few names in the poll.

I think Kendrick Lewis is going to shock some people. I think he's pretty athletic and aggressive.

MTG#10
09-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Probably not really a sleeper since he's been owning in the preseason but Im gonna say Andy Studebaker...

Rain Man
09-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure who qualifies as a sleeper, but I'll go with Studebaker defense and I think Bowe will rebound on offense.

Bwana
09-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Andy Studebaker

KCrockaholic
09-01-2010, 07:53 PM
You stole Kendrick Lewis :cuss:

Alright....I'll go ahead and pick Andy Studebaker. Wait, is he qualified as a "super sleeper"?

Maybe Shaun Smith. That works.

Rain Man
09-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Belcher is a good choice, too. I liked him last year.

LOCOChief
09-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Barry Richardson

DeezNutz
09-01-2010, 07:55 PM
I'll tell you who won't be a sleeper...wait, has this been discussed?

Rain Man
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
And just in case anyone claims that they were the first to identify Studebaker, please click the links in this post and look at the dates:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5232430&highlight=studebaker#post5232430

KCSupersized
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
I chose Richardson, I think he'll end up getting time at right tackle.

Chiefs Rool
09-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Stude!!!!

Jevon *BUUURRP* Belcher will be a good choice this year, he's been looking very strong

BigChiefFan
09-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I believe McCluster will have a great year, but I'm expecting Studebaker to end up having a Pro Bowl numbers type year.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I believe McCluster will have a great year, but I'm expecting Studebaker to end up having a Pro Bowl numbers type year.

I'm not.

One of his sacks the other night, he was unblocked. The other one was a coverage sack.

I need to see him consistently beat offensive tackles with a first step and hand moves/agility before I crown his ass.

Studebaker hype = overrated

BigChiefFan
09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm not.

One of his sacks the other night, he was unblocked. The other one was a coverage sack.

I need to see him consistently beat offensive tackles with a first step and hand moves/agility before I crown his ass.

I just believe his hard work and athleticism, should help him turn the corner and become a dominant player. His intangiable numbers coming out of college, were off the chart, but Wheaton isn't exactly spitting out NFL prospects, every year. I think he's got the heart and skill set to make some things happen and make a name for himself. Just my two cents.

Bane
09-01-2010, 08:20 PM
B-Rich!

jspchief
09-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Moeaki

Hammock Parties
09-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Moeaki

Third-round picks shouldn't be "sleepers."

Unless you think he's gonna explode for insane numbers like 800 yards and 7 TD.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Brodie Croyle is gonna take his flintstones ,get healthy and send Cassel down the road.

Brock
09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Third-round picks shouldn't be "sleepers."

Unless you think he's gonna explode for insane numbers like 800 yards and 7 TD.

Neither should first round picks.

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Sheffield.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 08:35 PM
STUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

LOCOChief
09-01-2010, 08:35 PM
yeah and isn't Magee a 3rd?

big nasty kcnut
09-01-2010, 08:47 PM
eric berry cause people haven't felt his power yet.

Psyko Tek
09-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm not.

MY gawd man
he's named after a car
he's gotta be good

Mitch will call him the sedan
or Black Hawk ( it was a cool car in the 50's)
or something like that

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 08:57 PM
MY gawd man
he's named after a car
he's gotta be good

Mitch will call him the sedan
or Black Hawk ( it was a cool car in the 50's)
or something like that

The Big Red Hotrod!

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I hate to fall in line with everyone else, but Studey has been really flashing great things in the pre season, and it's not like he wasn't tearing it up some last year as well. Plus, he's white! He's the next Boerighter/Grigsby/Great white hope.

KcMizzou
09-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Bowe. Everyone seems to think he sucks ass...

doomy3
I'm going with Cassel. I really think he'll take strides forward this year, and our offense will be solid. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but I think with Weis calling the plays, we will see much improved QB play.

I just hope he can develop a little bit of confidence as he has been beaten up pretty bad. Confidence is so important at the QB position.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I hate to fall in line with everyone else, but Studey has been really flashing great things in the pre season, and it's not like he wasn't tearing it up some last year as well. Plus, he's white! He's the next Boerighter/Grigsby/Great white hope.

See, now you just fucked his career. :evil:

Mecca
09-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh no not a token white guy reference.

KcMizzou
09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm going with Cassel. I really think he'll take strides forward this year, and our offense will be solid. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but I think with Weis calling the plays, we will see much improved QB play.

I just hope he can develop a little bit of confidence as he has been beaten up pretty bad. Confidence is so important at the QB position.That would be HUGE for this team. Can't say I expect it... but I'd love to see it.

Rasputin
09-01-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm pimpin Jackie Battle & he wasn't even on the list. Figure if he gets him some playing time he could be an extra force for the D to reckin with. I want to see him play not Jones. Of course Jamaal is da man & Mcluster is going to be all over the place. Jackie Battle is a hit on special teams and he can improve and become a good back for us. I know he has faced 3rd stringers but the dude can play. He has more upside for the next few to several years than Jones does.

It's about growth for these younger players they are our future. I think Jackie is going to play a big part of it.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 09:11 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Racist

LaChapelle
I would take Battle
but he'll fumble on the first offensive play Thursday
and get cut

Sweet Daddy Hate
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Racist

LMAO

KcMizzou
09-01-2010, 09:13 PM
I expect Bowe to bounce back with a 1200+ yard season.

BossChief
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
I know its a little different concept for a thread, but this has basically already been done and evidently my boy is winning over the masses with his play and his hard work is paying off.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6747239#post6747239

09-02-2010, 12:33 AM
I can't believe Cassel was even a choice in this poll. But further, I can't believe that 3 people even voted for him.

chiefzilla1501
09-02-2010, 12:39 AM
I'm not.

You don't have to have a great first step to play well as a weak-side OLB. You're generally lining up against Right Tackles and chipped off with a TE. It's much more of a power position. When I watch Studebaker, one thing that really stands out to me is that he has really good technique at shedding blockers. He could be a very good run defender and in a 2-gap 3-4, your d-linemen's job is to open up holes for OLBs, so there's nothing wrong with an OLB getting sacks because of his defensive line.

philfree
09-02-2010, 12:47 AM
You don't have to have a great first step to play well as a weak-side OLB. You're generally lining up against Right Tackles and chipped off with a TE. It's much more of a power position. When I watch Studebaker, one thing that really stands out to me is that he has really good technique at shedding blockers. He could be a very good run defender and in a 2-gap 3-4, your d-linemen's job is to open up holes for OLBs, so there's nothing wrong with an OLB getting sacks because of his defensive line.

I asked about gifing Williams sacks but he reason wasn't because I thought he owned someone. It was to see what happened on the interior that caused Williams to go unblocked. It was about TJ and then Hali also lined up on that side on one sack. I just wanted to see what made it all happen.

Romeo is dialing this stuff up.

PhilFree:arrow:

KCrockaholic
09-02-2010, 12:48 AM
I asked about gifing Williams sacks but he reason wasn't because I thought he owned someone. It was to see what happened on the interior that caused Williams to go unblocked. It was about TJ and then Hali also lined up on that side on one sack. I just wanted to see what made it all happen.

Romeo is dialing this stuff up.

PhilFree:arrow:

TJ actually did an average job last week, and he was a big part of the reason that Williams registered his first sack.

RDGashMattik
09-02-2010, 12:54 AM
How is this for a sleeper pick. Our pre-season leading rusher, Jackie Battle. He will be the first to step in if the old man has lost a step, or gets injured. He runs the same style as Jones, with the same build, and from what i have heard in camp, he follows Jones around like a puppy. I don't expect huge things from him this year, unless Jones gets hurt, but he has definatly put himself in a good position to get touches.

KCrockaholic
09-02-2010, 12:56 AM
How is this for a sleeper pick. Our pre-season leading rusher, Jackie Battle. He will be the first to step in if the old man has lost a step, or gets injured. He runs the same style as Jones, with the same build, and from what i have heard in camp, he follows Jones around like a puppy. I don't expect huge things from him this year, unless Jones gets hurt, but he has definatly put himself in a good position to get touches.

Yeah, that's definitely a "super sleeper" pick. But hey, not a bad one. Battle has worked his ass off over the last 3 years. He probably deserves a carry or 2 during the season.

chiefzilla1501
09-02-2010, 12:57 AM
TJ actually did an average job last week, and he was a big part of the reason that Williams registered his first sack.

Yup. And Romeo has been EXTREMELY conservative this preseason in terms of dialing up blitzes. When he has dialed up a blitz, the D-line has done a really good job of opening up holes. People have to get used to the fact that our D-line's primary responsibility is to occupy blockers and free up opportunities for linebackers to make plays.

TJ was responsible for opening up holes for a few sacks. The main issue is that he's only engaging blockers, he's not dominating them or pushing them around. Being at the right place is a big improvement for him and it's going to help immensely. But he has to get better at winning more battles in the trenches.

RDGashMattik
09-02-2010, 01:01 AM
TJ was responsible for opening up holes for a few sacks. The main issue is that he's only engaging blockers, he's not dominating them or pushing them around. Being at the right place is a big improvement for him and it's going to help immensely. But he has to get better at winning more battles in the trenches.

Exactly, and that only comes from being in the trenches and fighting. I have always thought, three years was the minimum for any draft pick, but especially defensive line. Should he be way further along being the number 5 pick yes. But if by next year he is a solid to good DT, doing his job, eating blockers, and doing the dirty work, I will be happy.

KCrockaholic
09-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Yup. And Romeo has been EXTREMELY conservative this preseason in terms of dialing up blitzes. When he has dialed up a blitz, the D-line has done a really good job of opening up holes. People have to get used to the fact that our D-line's primary responsibility is to occupy blockers and free up opportunities for linebackers to make plays.

Hey. Average for TJ is a huge improvement at this point. He was still playing at a college Sophomore level last year as a rookie.

He needs to make a big jump from year 1 to year 2 in order for him to
1. Keep his job.
2. Make the run defense relevant. Eric Berry can't play NT and Safety at the same time. Or maybe he can. :doh!:

KCrockaholic
09-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Exactly, and that only comes from being in the trenches and fighting. I have always thought, three years was the minimum for any draft pick, but especially defensive line. Should he be way further along being the number 5 pick yes. But if by next year he is a solid to good DT, doing his job, eating blockers, and doing the dirty work, I will be happy.

I agree, year 3 is when defensive lineman either get it, or they don't. Dorsey should make a considerable improvement going into year 3, and year 2 of the 3-4.

Jackson will hopefully just be consistently average, and if not, Wallace Gilberry will be waiting in line to take the DE position and keep it.

BossChief
09-02-2010, 01:07 AM

The meaning of your post is right, but if you don't do your due diligence in the details, you aren't gonna last long around here without getting blasted back to the stone ages.

Good luck and I agree that Tyson should be given more time, but being picked at 3rd overall, the only kind of DL that deserves that pick is a game changing type. It was a bad pick from the get go.

You should grow some thick skin though if you are just gonna post without checking facts first.

chiefzilla1501
09-02-2010, 02:00 AM
I agree, year 3 is when defensive lineman either get it, or they don't. Dorsey should make a considerable improvement going into year 3, and year 2 of the 3-4.

Jackson will hopefully just be consistently average, and if not, Wallace Gilberry will be waiting in line to take the DE position and keep it.

Unfortunately, consistently average is probably his upside, but it's a huge improvement over last year. And Gilberry won't be waiting in the wings--he's terrific for nickel situations, but he's simply too small to be the 2-gapper the scheme needs. He'll get manhandled trying to occupy blockers.

chiefzilla1501
09-02-2010, 02:03 AM

The problem is that he's not strong enough nor has he ever really been. He's decently strong, but not to the point where he's going to dominate blockers. He's also not very quick, so if people are expecting Richard Seymour, he won't be... he's more Phillip Seymour Hoffman than he is Richard Seymour.

It is what it is. A lot of the 5-technique involves having the smarts to read the right gaps to attack and having the understanding of what technique to use where and the skill to actually do it. Those are things that can develop TJ into a solid starter. However, to become a force, he'll have to have the physical ability and he's limited in those areas.

nicelife2010
09-02-2010, 02:28 AM
B-Rich?

ArrowheadMagic
09-02-2010, 05:06 AM
I can't believe Cassel was even a choice in this poll. But further, I can't believe that 3 people even voted for him.

meh, low expectations. Hard for even Cassel to under achieve. Went with Lewis, not a very popular pick back in April, but plays much better than he works out.

xztop12
09-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Urban and Horne but no Moeaki ? i pick Tony M

xztop12
09-02-2010, 06:23 AM
How the hell is donald washington gonna have a shot at being a sleeper? what diving on a fumble and pickng off 1 random pass for a TD in some prevent formation? yet Moeki is not up there, who i think, our offense is going to depend on in a big way

FAX
09-02-2010, 06:41 AM
I'm thinking Derrick Johnson ... nodding off on the bench during games.

FAX