PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How pissed would Matt Cassel be if...

Pages : [1] 2

RustShack
09-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Matt Leinart comes here and beats him out again.

DaKCMan AP
09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
That'd be Awesomely hilarious.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd find it hilarious but it's not gonna happen.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Hopefully he'd knock Cassel's wife up too.

Silock
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I would be ecstatic.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2010, 09:12 PM
not gonna happen ... leinart's contract is huge

Mecca
09-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Uh there's no cap and they may just cut him anyway.

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2010, 09:14 PM

Huh?

How can it be "HUGE" in year six? And most likely, he'll be cut. No one will trade for him because they know he's going to be cut.

Plus, there's no salary cap so gives a fuck?

Rasputin
09-01-2010, 09:15 PM
(Not going to happen & don't want Lionfart) Hypathetically would be utmost hillarious. I think Cassel would have an epic break down on TV & we would have video for years to come to make fun of.:D

Rasputin
09-01-2010, 09:20 PM
I don't see Haley bringing him here. One he has respect for Wisehunt & was OC when the switch was made from Matty to Warner. It's just not going to happen. We are going with Cassel like it or not this year. I don't like it but just asume we wait till next years draft to get our guy. We could pick up a savvy vet to nurture the young QB from the draft I would be fine with that. No but hell no is Matt Lienhurtfeelings comming here.

LaChapelle
09-01-2010, 09:20 PM
I can't imagine there is any part of Leinarts bowels
Haley hasn't crawled up and chewed on

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2010, 09:25 PM

Huh?

How can it be "HUGE" in year six? And most likely, he'll be cut. No one will trade for him because they know he's going to be cut.

It's so huge that his 2010 and 2011 salaries combined are $6M less than Cassel's for 2010 alone.

:rolleyes:

RustShack
09-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Maybe Haley would like him because hes already been in his system. Wouldn't be the first time a coach has went after his old teams backup QB.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2010, 09:27 PM
It would be great to go from one sun-baked california noodle arm to another without skipping a beat...really.

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM
It's so huge that his 2010 and 2011 salaries combined are $6M less than Cassel's for 2010 alone.

The ONLY reason the Chiefs won't bring in Leinart is because they won't want to shatter Cassel's confidence.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM

Don't worry, I'm pretty confident that Leinart is better than Cassel but hey we don't need a QB obviously.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 09:29 PM
It would be great to go from one sun-baked california noodle arm to another without skipping a beat...really.

At least we'd have the starter and not his backup, it's slow progress man.

RustShack
The ONLY reason the Chiefs won't bring in Leinart is because they won't want to shatter Cassel's confidence.

How dumb would Pete Carrol feel if Leinart comes here and can't beat out Cassel.

DaneMcCloud
Don't worry, I'm pretty confident that Leinart is better than Cassel but hey we don't need a QB obviously.

I'm pretty confident that Brodie Croyle is just as good as Cassel (if not better because at least he can sling it), but that doesn't matter, either.

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
How dumb would Pete Carrol feel if Leinart comes here and can't beat out Cassel.

I don't think Pete Carroll gives a shit.

But he had any emotion, it would probably be laughing at KC's incompetence.

RustShack
09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
In all fairness though, Leinart is probably more accurate. I would rather have an accurate noodle arm than a mobile noodle arm.

RustShack
09-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't think Pete Carroll gives a shit.

But he had any emotion, it would probably be laughing at KC's incompetence.

Yeah, I was kidding :)

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2010, 09:31 PM
In all fairness though, Leinart is probably more accurate. I would rather have an accurate noodle arm than a mobile noodle arm.

From what I've seen of both QB's in the 2010 preseason, I'd take Leinart over Cassel TODAY.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 09:33 PM

Pretty sure Carroll agrees seeing who started for his college team when he had both of them.

RustShack
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Pretty sure Carroll agrees seeing who started for his college team when he had both of them.

I said can't beat out Cassel.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM

I agree 100%.

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out if Croyle actually had a legit injury, or if they were just holding him back for the same reason.

Pretty sad when the HC admits to the team's broadcast crew that Croyle wasn't hurt.

TheGuardian
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Leinart sucks balls worse than Cassel. You guys are straight up stuck on stupid about this shit.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I said can't beat out Cassel.

Oh misread, considering Leinart lost 1 game in 3 years of starting I doubt he cares.

RustShack
09-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Leinart sucks balls worse than Cassel. You guys are straight up stuck on stupid about this shit.

Thats why Leinart beat him out at USC, and thats why hes having a better Pre Season than Cassel right?

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I agree 100%.

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out if Croyle actually had a legit injury, or if they were just holding him back for the same reason.

Pretty sad when the HC admits to the team's broadcast crew that Croyle wasn't hurt.

Yeah, that is freakin' bizarre, bordering on dysfunctional.

OnTheWarpath15
Yeah, and Larry Johnson "beat out" Jamaal Charles last year.

Mike Goff "beat out" Wade Smith.

Mike Brown "beat out" Pollard.

You get the point.

RustShack
Oh misread, considering Leinart lost 1 game in 3 years of starting I doubt he cares.

Maybe they wouldn't have lost a single one if Cassel was starting ROFL

DaneMcCloud

No one, and seriously, I mean NO ONE gives a fuck what you think.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 09:38 PM
I agree 100%.

Did that really happen? Admittedly I've had a lot going on and have been out of the loop. Seriously? Croyle wasn't hurt? Plus I was at the game last week, so I would've missed it anyway.

DaneMcCloud
Did that really happen? Admittedly I've had a lot going on and have been out of the loop. Seriously? Croyle wasn't hurt?

Apparently not, according to the head coach.

My only hope is that they're allowing Cassel to either play himself into or out of a job.

OnTheWarpath15
Did that really happen? Admittedly I've had a lot going on and have been out of the loop. Seriously? Croyle wasn't hurt?

Yeah, the quote has been posted here several times. I'll see if I can find it.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 09:39 PM
If that's the case, we are fucked with a capital F.

TheGuardian
09-01-2010, 09:41 PM
No one, and seriously, I mean NO ONE gives a **** what you think.

You responded stuck on stupid.......

Just Passin' By
09-01-2010, 09:41 PM

I'm sure he'd be pissed. He's been a much better NFL QB than has Leinart.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Here it is, and many people have said they heard it as well.

On the 101 pre-game before last weeks game, Len Dawson was interviewing Todd Haley.. The conversation went (almost) exactly like this...

Len: So what's the deal with Brodie's Injury?
Todd: There's no injury, Brodie is fine.
Len: So are we going to see Brodie Tonight?
Todd: No, we're not going to play him this week, because we want to have him available next week.

^^

As I sat in the ridiculously long line to get into the stadium parking lot, all I could do was say wooowwwww....

TheGuardian
09-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Thats why Leinart beat him out at USC, and thats why hes having a better Pre Season than Cassel right?

Neither of which mean shit now do they? Some dudes beat Tom Brady out at Michigan too. WTF does that mean now? F'n moron.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2010, 09:43 PM

JFC. Thanks for taking the time to find it. What in the fuck? Thank you Mr. Executive of the decade.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Actually Tom Brady started at Michigan they just used Drew Henson too, different situation.

Matt Cassel was playing TE his senior year.

notorious
09-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Yeah, and Larry Johnson "beat out" Jamaal Charles last year.

Mike Goff "beat out" Wade Smith.

Mike Brown "beat out" Pollard.

You get the point.

You are right.

:facepalm:

RustShack
09-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Matt Cassel this Pre-Season-

34 out of 50(68%) for 235 yards(6.9 average) 2 TD's 1 INT.

Matt Leinart this Pre-Season-

19 out of 23(82%) for 161 yards(8.4 average) 1 TD 0 INT's.

TheGuardian
09-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Actually Tom Brady started at Michigan they just used Drew Henson too, different situation.

Matt Cassel was playing TE his senior year.

And since then in the NFL Cassel has been the better QB.

Aren't you the one who said that the reason Leinart sucked is because he is a system quarterback? And that's the guy we want here?

Like I said, you bitches are stuck on stupid.

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2010, 09:54 PM
And since then in the NFL Cassel has been the better QB.

Aren't you the one who said that the reason Leinart sucked is because he is a system quarterback? And that's the guy we want here?

Like I said, you bitches are stuck on stupid.

Yeah, so you're stating that Cassel would excel in the Coryell offense?

LMAO

Go fuck the nearest chicken.

Param
09-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Leinart's a pussy. I wouldn't want him on the team.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 09:55 PM
He is a system QB, saying he's better than Cassel and saying he's the answer at QB are not remotely the same thing.

Matt Leinart is most likely a WCO game manager type QB, he's not a franchise guy. No one is arguing that. Saying he's better than Cassel doesn't even imply that since Cassel is complete ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 09:55 PM

This.

I've been watching his "highlights" on NFL Network all day. Pass.

(and by "pass", I don't mean "Lienart can really pass that football")

09-01-2010, 09:56 PM
It doesn't matter. This organization won't do anything to try and remedy this particular problem. The only way it will be rectified this year is if Cassel gets injured.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah, so you're stating that Cassel would excel in the Coryell offense?

LMAO

Go fuck the nearest chicken.

ROFLROFLROFL

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2010, 09:57 PM
It doesn't matter. This organization won't do anything to try and remedy this particular problem. The only way it will be rectified this year is if Cassel gets injured.

That's just mean, Dude.

I don't know if his wife and newborn could take him 24-7.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 09:58 PM

He's Pioli's guy, he'll be completely protected again just like last year. Nothing will be his fault.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2010, 09:59 PM
He's Pioli's guy, he'll be completely protected again just like last year. Nothing will be his fault.

Like when he threw 4 INT's in a game we lost by 6 points, then claimed he graded out with no errors for the day?

09-01-2010, 10:00 PM
That's just mean, Dude.

I don't know if his wife and newborn could take him 24-7.Why should the entire fan base have to suffer. They can have him. :cuss::D

He's Pioli's guy, he'll be completely protected again just like last year. Nothing will be his fault. Yeah, tell me about it. I've got this nasty feeling that Pioli will end up just like fuggin Carl.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Like when he threw 4 INT's in a game we lost by 6 points, then claimed he graded out with no errors for the day?

Or when he throws a god awful pass the receiver barely tips it's somehow the receivers fault.

Like the other day in a regular season game that god awful pass would have been Moeaki's fault.

09-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Or when he throws a god awful pass the receiver barely tips it's somehow the receivers fault.

Like the other day in a regular season game that god awful pass would have been Moeaki's fault.Well, he can't throw it and catch it too like some other QB we all know and love.ROFL

09-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Damn, with the exception of Dawson, Deberg, Montana and Green this organization is completely snakebit at that position.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2010, 10:07 PM

Like the other day in a regular season game that god awful pass would have been Moeaki's fault.

True Fans have already claimed that was on Moeaki.

RustShack
09-01-2010, 10:12 PM
True Fans have already claimed that was on Moeaki.

What about the True Fans who are Iowa Fans :hmmm:

BossChief
09-01-2010, 10:13 PM
the only teams looking at Leinart are teams that are pretty much set at starter.

The league already knows who he is and that isn't gonna change. He is a backup quality player that doesn't handle adversity well...AT ALL.

crybaby that isn't mentally strong enough to be a NFL starter.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 10:17 PM
the only teams looking at Leinart are teams that are pretty much set at starter.

The league already knows who he is and that isn't gonna change. He is a backup quality player that doesn't handle adversity well...AT ALL.

crybaby that isn't mentally strong enough to be a NFL starter.

So why is Matt Cassel a starter again?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Cassel can take a beating, so he's tough in that regard.

Everybody has to be good at something, right?

BossChief
09-01-2010, 10:22 PM
I agree 100%.

Pretty sad when the HC admits to the team's broadcast crew that Croyle wasn't hurt.Not that I dont believe the posters offering to the board, but I do think it may have been heard wrong or something. I cant see Haley making a statement like that.

Just more smoke and mirrors IMO.

Swing...and miss. Strike one. Lets just hope that we take a first round premium talented rookie for the 1-0 pitch.

Realistically, he makes a damn good lasagna.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 10:24 PM
You in many ways described Matt Cassel in your post is all I meant.

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Cassel can take a beating, so he's tough in that regard.

Everybody has to be good at something, right?

After Marty left, in all honesty, I NEVER in a million years would have imagined that the Chiefs would have a starting QB WORSE than Steve Bono.

I guess this "franchise" will go to no lengths to outdo itself.

BossChief
09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
You in many ways described Matt Cassel in your post is all I meant.

thanks for noticing! :thumb:

it was by design

DJ's left nut
09-01-2010, 10:26 PM
We'd be equally terrible but I'd be excited as all hell just to see Matt Cassel in agony.

Yeah, fucko. If we have to suck, I at least want you to be as miserable as we are while it happens.

A 5-11 record with Lienart at the helm while Cassel backs him up again would totally be worth it.

Demonpenz
09-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Lienart comes here, then we can move Brandon albert to his more natural postion of right tackle!

BossChief
09-01-2010, 10:29 PM
FTR I would be ok with him as #3 if for nothing else to decide who will be the long term backup and for them to push each other...competition has brought out the best in the rest of the roster and I think it could do wonders for our quarterback position as well.

If I was Leinart, I would be hoping that Mike Holmgren and the Browns would come calling.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:31 PM
After Marty left, in all honesty, I NEVER in a million years would have imagined that the Chiefs would have a starting QB WORSE than Steve Bono.

I guess this "franchise" will go to no lengths to outdo itself.

When one finds oneself pining for Elvis Grbac...well, you know. :shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Lienart comes here, then we can move Brandon albert to his more natural postion of right tackle!

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Man, Flacco looks poised to have one hell of a year.

Rasputin
09-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I agree 100%.

Some teams hold out there starters after clinching play off births. Chiefs hold out players so they can play the final Pre season game....

BigRock
09-01-2010, 11:23 PM

Haley didn't say that Brodie was never hurt. I can't believe anyone would seriously think he did.

Haley said Brodie was OK and could have played against the Eagles. But they were going to sit him, because they wanted to make sure he'd be available for the final preseason game. Otherwise it'd be 3+ quarters of Palko.

That's all he said. If there was anything to be read into his comments, it's that he thinks Croyle is made of glass.

The_Doctor10
09-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Haley didn't say that Brodie was never hurt. I can't believe anyone would seriously think he did.

Haley said Brodie was OK and could have played against the Eagles. But they were going to sit him, because they wanted to make sure he'd be available for the final preseason game. Otherwise it'd be 3+ quarters of Palko.

That's all he said. If there was anything to be read into his comments, it's that he thinks Croyle is made of glass.

Is there anything actually inaccurate about that feeling?

chiefzilla1501
09-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Matt Leinart will never be a guy who cares enough about the team to want to carry them to the Super Bowl. THat's the big issue with him. He'd rather be in Hollywood then spend endless hours in the film room studying tape. That's the main problem.

Hate Cassel all you want, but he's got a killer work ethic and apparently the Chiefs thought they could get thta to translate into better play on the field. They were apparently very wrong about that.

Don't waste time on this clown. Last thing you want is for the Chiefs to not go after a young QB next year because they think that Leinart and Cassel can battle it out for QBOTF.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Matt Leinart will never be a guy who cares enough about the team to want to carry them to the Super Bowl. THat's the big issue with him. He'd rather be in Hollywood then spend endless hours in the film room studying tape. That's the main problem.

Hate Cassel all you want, but he's got a killer work ethic and apparently the Chiefs thought they could get thta to translate into better play on the field. They were apparently very wrong about that.

Don't waste time on this clown. Last thing you want is for the Chiefs to not go after a young QB next year because they think that Leinart and Cassel can battle it out for QBOTF.

This.

"Crasshle and Burn FTW in 2010"!:evil:

chiefzilla1501
09-02-2010, 12:01 AM
From what I've seen of both QB's in the 2010 preseason, I'd take Leinart over Cassel TODAY.

I'd take a lot of QBs over Cassel. My concern is that it would make the CHiefs less likely to draft a QB next year if they brought Leinart in, IMO.

KCrockaholic
09-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Lienart sucks ass, and I would hate to see him on the Chiefs, and beating Cassel for the job. That would only delay our possible drafting of a young 1st round QB pick next year. If/when Cassel fails, we draft a QB. Say he succeeds and puts up a 88 QB rating, I would be ok with us waiting to draft a QB until round 3. With that said, we still need to develop a young QB, with great potential.

We don't have any QB on our roster with potential.

yhf
09-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Hello all I would like to introduce myself. I have been a LONG time lurker and a short time member of this great community. That being said i would like to offer a very spirited and sincere **** YOU to dane mcloud and mecca. Christ God these two people annoy the shit out of me.
Dane unless you have a twenty year old unheard story to offer about George Lynch and your long past glory days, please shut the **** up.
Mecca really. Please. Go to hell.

Thig Lyfe
09-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Hello all I would like to introduce myself. I have been a LONG time lurker and a short time member of this great community. That being said i would like to offer a very spirited and sincere **** YOU to dane mcloud and mecca. Christ God these two people annoy the shit out of me.
Dane unless you have a twenty year old unheard story to offer about George Lynch and your long past glory days, please shut the **** up.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2m83wr8.jpg

CoMoChief
09-02-2010, 01:22 AM

Peyton Manning could come here and Pioli would start Cassel, thats how fucking dumb the Chiefs are. No I am not kidding around.

KCrockaholic
09-02-2010, 01:25 AM

lol.

Funny first post.

I actually don't mind Mecca. At least when he disagrees with something he attempts to explain why.

I have to respect that. He doesn't just go off on rampages telling people how stupid they are.

BossChief
09-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Peyton Manning could come here and Pioli would start Cassel, thats how fucking dumb the Chiefs are. No I am not kidding around.

this post is just unbelievably dumb.

You were finally starting to make a few readable posts and then this shit hits...bout time to bump your thread me thinks.

yhf
09-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Mecca may offer some weak reasoning to support his posts. For that I must respect him. My respect falls short of my disdain.

Now then. Someone present a defense of Dane.

Aside from tenure he has absolutely nothing to offer.

BossChief
09-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Mecca may offer some weak reasoning to support his posts. For that I must respect him. My respect falls short of my disdain.

Well, I can tell you that Dane doesnt pull punches, he will tell you what he thinks without holding back and there is something to respect about that. He has his opinion and, like myself, once he forms it he holds onto it like a dog with a bone...he will bite the shit out of you if you try and take it from him. Like him or not, he is right more than he is wrong.

When I first started up here we had a few run ins where things got heated fast and blew up crazy large, he can be a fun person to debate with. Ya win some, you lose some. But you better leave the weak sauce at home with your bitch ass family in the trailer park.

Over time, he has grown into one of my favorite posters on the site for various reasons. He is quality control, he offers an unbiased opinion and is intelligent most of the time in his takes. If he doesn't like you he will surely tell you to go fist fuck your mother in the asshole, but if he respects you, you will rarely hear him become nasty to you. You are in for the former, surely, because you have come out and attacked him and given no real reasons for doing such...bad form if you are trying to keep things civil.

If you have pussy thin skin, you might want to stay at home with mommy.

...and of course buy a few rubber gloves for the fisting!

Later, bitch!

yhf
09-02-2010, 02:23 AM
If quality control equates to "Go fist your mother" you can keep it.

I have had no personal interactions with Dane. My lurker status and post count should belie that.

In my opinion (informed by long term observation) Dane is an asshole.

easy to understand

nicelife2010
09-02-2010, 02:26 AM
that's true

BossChief
09-02-2010, 02:37 AM
you will have to get used to the fact that this place is more of the "on the field, shit talking to try and get under your skin to weed out the retards" enviorment for the most part other than some other places ( http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showforum=2 ) that just let all the drooling retards walk around and post whatever they want and everyone is accepting of that. No name calling, no personal attacks etc are permitted there and if that is what you prefer, I suggest you start an account there and disregard this place, but you will miss out on a level of conversation that is a few levels above ANY OTHER SITE ABOUT THE CHIEFS ON THE WEB.

If you take offense to anything I or anyone else here says, I suggest you go fuck yourself with the same fist you fucked your mother with and then start an account at the site I posted a link to and keep out of here. But if you have think skin, I suggest you dive in head first (which you seem to have already done) and learn from your mistakes and try to think objectively through your experiences here and you just might learn a few things about the team, football in general, life and poop from the GREAT group of people that frequently post here.

We don't want retards posting here. (sorry Jason for the gratuitous use of the term, no offense intended ok) If you are a retard, please, go fist your mother

in the anus

yhf
09-02-2010, 03:07 AM
Hey BossChief don't patronize me with a link to an inferior board.

I have "think" skin. I expect some barbs.

Do not confuse your defense of The Planet with the defense of a couple of assholes

09-02-2010, 03:08 AM
:popcorn:

BossChief
09-02-2010, 03:21 AM

:evil:

yhf
09-02-2010, 03:30 AM
Alright fellas I have talked out of my ass enough for one night. I'll take my lumps tomorrow :-)

Mecca
09-02-2010, 03:31 AM

Ah Jesus Christ what did I do to this guy?

BossChief
09-02-2010, 03:39 AM
Ah Jesus Christ what did I do to this guy?

you must have "ruined" his mother for all other men.

LOL "why havent you called"

ROFL

Its ok, there is always the fist

:eek:

yhf
09-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Honestly you come across as a know it all prick. Aside from that i have no gripe with you. Hell we root for the same team (I think).

Mecca
09-02-2010, 03:42 AM
Well if he wasn't offended before, he certainly is now.

BossChief
09-02-2010, 03:43 AM
If you think mecca roots for the Chiefs, you dont know him very well.

You wont find a single celebratory post in all of his 14,000,000 posts on here.

Shit, even after our wins, he either disappears or bitches about things that are irrelevant at the time instead of just enjoying the rare moment.

He is one of the most calmly negative guys Ive ever chatted with.

09-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Hmmm, yhf?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Mecca
09-02-2010, 04:29 AM
I like the Chiefs, I'm just perfectionistic, it's my nature.

09-02-2010, 04:33 AM
I like the Chiefs, I'm just perfectionistic, it's my nature.Yeah, the perfect Debbie Downer. :D

ArrowheadMagic
09-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Yes having a left handed QB with the Chiefs failures at RT would help our offense. It obviously isnt the check downs that bother people, its who's doing the check downs. I suppose Leinart would be more accurate with his, provided the RT's didnt get him killed.

Marcellus
09-02-2010, 06:03 AM

Now that is in introduction.

SAUTO
09-02-2010, 06:55 AM

Thats the way i took it too. and i heard it live.

hell brodie was in uniform for the game....

Coogs
09-02-2010, 07:09 AM

Wait..... shatter Cassel's confidence... ROFL

BigMeatballDave
09-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Leinart sucks balls worse than Cassel. You guys are straight up stuck on stupid about this shit.You're a moron. Go play in the street.

BigMeatballDave
09-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Is it bad that I would feel ok if Cassel blew out his knee?

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 07:29 AM

Damn welcome to the board!

58-4ever
09-02-2010, 07:46 AM

Damn welcome to the board!

ROFL

Bane
09-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Wait..... shatter Cassel's confidence... ROFL

Exactly.If Casshole has ANY confidence at all,he clearly has no pride.:shake:

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Exactly.If Casshole has ANY confidence at all,he clearly has no pride.:shake:

I wouldn't say that Cassel doesn't have any pride, where did he state that? That he clearly has no pride?

Actually I am going say that is more jealously from the fans than anything.

Here you have a guy that is average or below average making more than most everyone on this board in one year, then they will in a life time. Guy that was put in a spot by a boss, where he seems to be under qualified for. Given opportunity after opportunity to succeed. Heck, the boss even went an got him some better tools to work with. (which everyone wanted playmakers, except if they make Cassel look better than he is, then playmakers be dammed) But yet the guy keeps failing according to the fans. But still rewarded the starters job...

So jealously causes people to lash out. I am not by any means defending the guy, The play on the field will determine the fate of Matt Cassel... No amount of hate from me is going to change that.

DeezNutz
09-02-2010, 08:08 AM
I wouldn't say that Cassel doesn't have any pride, where did he state that? That he clearly has no pride?

Here you have a guy that is average or below average making more than most everyone on this board in one year, then they will in a life time. Guy that was put in a spot by a boss, where he seems to be under qualified for. Given opportunity after opportunity to succeed. Heck, the boss even went an got him some better tools to work with. (which everyone wanted playmakers, except if they make Cassel look better than he is, then playmakers be dammed) But yet the guy keeps failing according to the fans. But still rewarded the starters job...

So jealously causes people to lash out. I am not by any means defending the guy, The play on the field will determine the fate of Matt Cassel... No amount of hate from me is going to change that.

Where did he state that? Dude, please.

It's not jealousy. It's frustration with decades of suck and turning a blind eye to the most important position on the field.

Coogs
09-02-2010, 08:22 AM

Not from me. I just don't see a QB playng with any confidence at all. So if they are worried about shattering his confidence... I just find that a bit humorous.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Where did he state that? Dude, please.

It's not jealousy. It's frustration with decades of suck and turning a blind eye to the most important position on the field.

Dude, Please? I just wanted to know where he said that... If it can be used as fact, then there has to be a link, right?

Yes its is frustration, has been since that worthless shit bag Marty was here...

But we have to live with it this year. Unfortunately for us, it will be determined on the field by his play and not our voices from the message board. That is the suckness part...

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Not from me. I just don't see a QB playng with any confidence at all. So if they are worried about shattering his confidence... I just find that a bit humorous.

Pretty much agree... No need to shatter his fragile confidence... IF we have to destroy QB's again, We would hire Herm back...

Bane
09-02-2010, 08:33 AM

I'm saying if he has confidence in his abilities/performance then IMO he has no pride.I usually don't have "links" for my opinions as they are mine.

Jealous? ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Do I wish I was a millionaire? Sure.Absofukknlutely! Do I wish I was a suck filled sack of shit,trying to pretend to be a NFL Qb and failing miserably? Not at all.

Bane
09-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Dude, Please? I just wanted to know where he said that... If it can be used as fact, then there has to be a link, right?

Yes its is frustration, has been since that worthless shit bag Marty was here...

But we have to live with it this year. Unfortunately for us, it will be determined on the field by his play and not our voices from the message board. That is the suckness part...

So anything with a link justifies itself as fact to you?:shake:

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 08:46 AM
So anything with a link justifies itself as fact to you?:shake:

I was playing the draftabulator card on that one... :D

Nothing more....

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm saying if he has confidence in his abilities/performance then IMO he has no pride.I usually don't have "links" for my opinions as they are mine.

Jealous? ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Do I wish I was a millionaire? Sure.Absofukknlutely! Do I wish I was a suck filled sack of shit,trying to pretend to be a NFL Qb and failing miserably? Not at all.

I will disagree with you here... I would of loved to been able to have the skills to play at this level and failed. There are only 32 teams, so that is between 64 and 96 qb's, in the nfl level.. To be considered in the top half and failed would be alright by me...

At least then, I wouldnt have to worry about money, school loans or anything for that matter...

Shit look at Ryan Leaf, Russell and others... There are plenty that have failed worse than Cassel...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2010, 08:51 AM
That n00b has balls.

And Reerun is just a shit-stirrer. No one in their right fucking mind is concerned about Matt "Motherfuckme" Cassel beyond when the fuck we can get rid of his lame ass.

Fish
09-02-2010, 08:58 AM

"The play on the fie...ROFL The play...ROFL on the field.....ROFL......."

Whoooooo...

I guess it's a game day, it's OK to start drinking early...

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 09:03 AM
"The play on the fie...ROFL The play...ROFL on the field.....ROFL......."

Whoooooo...

I guess it's a game day, it's OK to start drinking early...

:toast:

If its not his play or performance on the field, Then what do they judge him on going into next year... They have to decide something...

The way he mows his lawn or how clean he keeps his closet???

What do you judge him on Fishy?

Bane
09-02-2010, 09:03 AM
I will disagree with you here... I would of loved to been able to have the skills to play at this level and failed. There are only 32 teams, so that is between 64 and 96 qb's, in the nfl level.. To be considered in the top half and failed would be alright by me...

At least then, I wouldnt have to worry about money, school loans or anything for that matter...

Shit look at Ryan Leaf, Russell and others... There are plenty that have failed worse than Cassel...

Then we can agree to disagree.I take great pride in my profession,and in my small personal company I run part time,and to think I could be happy being a miserable failure at either one is complete bullshit. I'm sorry,we just happen to sit on different sides of this debate,but I love how you have to throw money in it like that's what this is all about.Good one.

Bane
09-02-2010, 09:09 AM
That n00b has balls.

And Reerun is just a shit-stirrer. No one in their right ****ing mind is concerned about Matt "Mother****me" Cassel beyond when the **** we can get rid of his lame ass.

I find that me and him go round and round here and there but I don't really see it as being a shit stirrer.Then again I have no "link" to prove my opinion.ROFLROFLROFL

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Then we can agree to disagree.I take great pride in my profession,and in my small personal company I run part time,and to think I could be happy being a miserable failure at either one is complete bullshit. I'm sorry,we just happen to sit on different sides of this debate,but I love how you have to throw money in it like that's what this is all about.Good one.

You cant pin that one on me.. There are countless hate threads and posts that talk bout our $60millon dollar man...

But you can call it a failure all you want, If you ever start a game in the NFL or several seasons for that matter.. regardless of what some fans think about you. . That is a success... Even if you fail, it is still a success for them personally, just like your business and the pride you take it it. IF it fails, you still tried.

Not everyone can make the NFL...

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 09:14 AM
I find that me and him go round and round here and there but I don't really see it as being a shit stirrer.Then again I have no "link" to prove my opinion.ROFLROFLROFL

ROFL

Fish
09-02-2010, 09:15 AM
:toast:

If its not his play or performance on the field, Then what do they judge him on going into next year... They have to decide something...

The way he mows his lawn or how clean he keeps his closet???

What do you judge him on Fishy?

I think the issue is that they're not judging him at all. The mantra for the team the last 2 years has supposedly been "The best players will be on the field." Yet Cassel has obviously stunk it up something fierce. But when the coach's, and even Cassel, are asked about this, nobody will say anything negative about Cassel. Cassel throws 4 INTs in a close game, and rates himself out as having no mistakes. And the coaches back it up with BS coachspeak saying "He's improving, blah blah."

But he's not being judged. That's the point. It's disingenuous. I have no idea what the team will do about it moving forward. But it's obvious they've been ignoring any type of judgment on Cassel for quite some time.

And I'm fairly certain you know how I would judge the guy.

DeezNutz
09-02-2010, 09:15 AM

Of course. Because when someone accuses a player of having no pride, there must be a link of the player saying, "I suck shit because I have no pride in my performance."

Bane
09-02-2010, 09:18 AM
You cant pin that one on me.. There are countless hate threads and posts that talk bout our $60millon dollar man...

But you can call it a failure all you want, If you ever start a game in the NFL or several seasons for that matter.. regardless of what some fans think about you. . That is a success... Even if you fail, it is still a success for them personally, just like your business and the pride you take it it. IF it fails, you still tried.

Again we have to disagree.I don't feel "making" it is being a success.Sorry...
If I was as "successful" as Casshole is I would be fired from my full time job,and my very small company would be bankrupt.Then I guess I could say oh well,I tried....Nah not buying into it....

The Franchise
09-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Is John David-Booty available?

Mr. Laz
09-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Huh?

:rolleyes:"Leinart is entering the final two years of a six-year, $50 million deal. He's due nearly $13 million in salary and bonuses next year. That would make him among the highest paid players on the team."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/9/1/1664433/matt-leinart-doesnt-make-sense-for

Rausch
09-02-2010, 09:26 AM
I think the issue is that they're not judging him at all. The mantra for the team the last 2 years has supposedly been "The best players will be on the field." Yet Cassel has obviously stunk it up something fierce. But when the coach's, and even Cassel, are asked about this, nobody will say anything negative about Cassel. Cassel throws 4 INTs in a close game, and rates himself out as having no mistakes. And the coaches back it up with BS coachspeak saying "He's improving, blah blah."

But he's not being judged. That's the point. It's disingenuous. I have no idea what the team will do about it moving forward. But it's obvious they've been ignoring any type of judgment on Cassel for quite some time.

Green got the same treatment.

I'm not saying he'll develop into the near-pro-bowl QB Green was.

Or that he'll toss a fucking sweet block to free up the HB and elevate himself to Deberg toughness status.

Only that every HC/GM has their baby, and that baby gets protected...

RustShack
09-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Yes having a left handed QB with the Chiefs failures at RT would help our offense. It obviously isnt the check downs that bother people, its who's doing the check downs. I suppose Leinart would be more accurate with his, provided the RT's didnt get him killed.

Barry Richardson.

Bane
09-02-2010, 09:28 AM
"Leinart is entering the final two years of a six-year, $50 million deal. He's due nearly $13 million in salary and bonuses next year. That would make him among the highest paid players on the team."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/9/1/1664433/matt-leinart-doesnt-make-sense-for

WIN!!!! A "link" that justifies your opinion.:thumb::grovel:PBJPBJ

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2010, 09:29 AM
I think the issue is that they're not judging him at all.

WINNER-WINNER CHICKEN-DINNER!

The Bad Guy
09-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Well, I can tell you that Dane doesnt pull punches, he will tell you what he thinks without holding back and there is something to respect about that. He has his opinion and, like myself, once he forms it he holds onto it like a dog with a bone...he will bite the shit out of you if you try and take it from him. Like him or not, he is right more than he is wrong.

When I first started up here we had a few run ins where things got heated fast and blew up crazy large, he can be a fun person to debate with. Ya win some, you lose some. But you better leave the weak sauce at home with your bitch ass family in the trailer park.

Over time, he has grown into one of my favorite posters on the site for various reasons. He is quality control, he offers an unbiased opinion and is intelligent most of the time in his takes. If he doesn't like you he will surely tell you to go fist **** your mother in the asshole, but if he respects you, you will rarely hear him become nasty to you. You are in for the former, surely, because you have come out and attacked him and given no real reasons for doing such...bad form if you are trying to keep things civil.

If you have pussy thin skin, you might want to stay at home with mommy.

...and of course buy a few rubber gloves for the fisting!

Later, bitch!

Dane is a good dude who has a lot of insight and is objective.

Mecca is a coward who runs when his opinions get challenged or he's proven to be wrong, which happens a lot.

The Bad Guy
09-02-2010, 09:32 AM
People clamoring for Matt Leinart are hilarious. It doesn't shock me that Mecca is leading that charge.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 09:34 AM
People clamoring for Matt Leinart are hilarious.

No, they're fucking stupid...

DeezNutz
09-02-2010, 09:35 AM
BossChief is a silly sumbitch.

The Bad Guy
09-02-2010, 09:37 AM
No, they're ****ing stupid...

Ding. Ding.

I find it insanely hypocritical to bash Cassel, and then state that you would want Leinart on this roster.

Both are weak armed jokes that have no room starting at QB for any team.

Bane
09-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Ding. Ding.

I find it insanely hypocritical to bash Cassel, and then state that you would want Leinart on this roster.

Kinda my thought on it.They're pretty much the same guy eh?Kinda like saying I'll trade HIV for HEP B.

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2010, 09:40 AM
"Leinart is entering the final two years of a six-year, $50 million deal. He's due nearly $13 million in salary and bonuses next year. That would make him among the highest paid players on the team."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5518740

Buffalo, however, is unlikely to trade for Leinart because the Bills are uncomfortable about bringing aboard the quarterback's contract, which carries a $2.485 million base salary this season and balloons to $7.36 million next season.

Let me see.

Should I believe ESPN, or a website called Arrowhead Pride?

Bane
09-02-2010, 09:45 AM

Let me see.

:cuss:

DeezNutz
09-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Ding. Ding.

While both have below-average arms, accuracy is the larger problem with Cassel.

Not sure if this is also problematic for Leinart, since he hasn't played much. I don't particularly want either QB. As we've said over and over again, better than bad does not equal good.

There are going to be three high-caliber QBs in next year's draft. Take one.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Of course. Because when someone accuses a player of having no pride, there must be a link of the player saying, "I suck shit because I have no pride in my performance."

Is that how you are justifying it?

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Kinda my thought on it.They're pretty much the same guy eh?Kinda like saying I'll trade HIV for HEP B.

Yep... this should end the thread...

Like Garcia, another weak arm nobody that people want.. Anyone at this point, as long as its not Cassel....

DeezNutz
09-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Is that how you are justifying it?

I have no idea what you mean. The fact that you're asking for a link is disingenuous at best.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM
While both have below-average arms, accuracy is the larger problem with Cassel.

Not sure if this is also problematic for Leinart, since he hasn't played much. I don't particularly want either QB. As we've said over and over again, better than bad does not equal good.

There are going to be three high-caliber QBs in next year's draft. Take one.

Truer words have never been more spoken here on CP...

This is the time. Time to start building a franchise....

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Ding. Ding.

This.

I talk to casual Chiefs fans who $3it their pants at playing the Cards and can't help but look at them with a semi-tard-glance.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 10:03 AM
I have no idea what you mean. The fact that you're asking for a link is disingenuous at best.

LMAO... I think the "asking for a link" to "prove it as fact" has been over used by the draftabulators for way too long...

If you dont want to go along with the joke and have some fun, its okay... I took you and bane for a light humor fun guys... My apologies...

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:04 AM
This is the time. Time to start building a franchise....

Now?

NOW!?!

Fuck'n sweet!

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:07 AM
LMAO... I think the "asking for a link" to "prove it as fact" has been over used by the draftabulators for way too long...

If you dont want to go along with the joke and have some fun, its okay... I took you and bane for a light humor fun guys... My apologies...

You think this $#it is a joke.

That's fine.

I'll do it.

I'LL SAY IT.

I'll chant "TEH 0DD T0DD" three times in the mirror and the next time you go to a bar some dude will jump off a speaker and superman punch you from behind! :cuss:

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Now?

NOW!?!

****'n sweet!

You gotta start somewhere...

Drafting a 1st round QB would be a franchise first... We have dicked around for 40 years and have shit to show for it...

so if they didnt do it in the past. Might as well start NOW and give it a try dont you think?

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:09 AM

Drafting a 1st round QB would be a franchise first... We have dicked around for 40 years and have shit to show for it...

so if they didnt do it in the past. Might as well start NOW and give it a try dont you think?

Sorry...

You're stuck with the only GM in the league that thinks less of drafting QB's in the first three rounds than Peterson.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 10:09 AM
You think this $#it is a joke.

That's fine.

I'll do it.

I'LL SAY IT.

I'll chant "TEH 0DD T0DD" three times in the mirror and the next time you go to a bar some dude will jump off a speaker and superman punch you from behind! :cuss:

I will make sure I continue to avoid those kind of bars..... I dont need some dude supermanning my rearend...

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry...

You're stuck with the only GM in the league that thinks less of drafting QB's in the first three rounds than Peterson.

Guess I can hope in one hand and Raiduhs in the other...

The Franchise
09-02-2010, 10:12 AM

It's probably not happening.

Cassel is going to have to completely fuck over this season.......like getting pulled in the middle of the season. And then we'll still probably pick up a FA QB instead of drafting one.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:13 AM
I will make sure I continue to avoid those kind of bars..... I dont need some dude supermanning my rearend...

Good thing we moved training camp...

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2010, 10:13 AM

Cassel is going to have to completely fuck over this season.......like getting pulled in the middle of the season. And then we'll still probably pick up a FA QB instead of drafting one.

Yep.

They'll go back to the scrap heap before drafting a guy in the first round.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2010, 10:14 AM

Let me see.

Let me see ... one is talking base salary the other is talking base salary and bonuses.

:hmmm:

Bane
09-02-2010, 10:15 AM

Cassel is going to have to completely **** over this season.......like getting pulled in the middle of the season. And then we'll still probably pick up a FA QB instead of drafting one.

I can totally see this happening.:cuss:

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Let me see ... one is talking base salary the other is talking base salary and bonuses.

:hmmm:

Kinda like the roster bonus that Matt Cassel is due next year?

(meaning it doesn't have to be paid, and likely wouldn't)

His salary isn't prohibitive, especially compared to Cassel's.

It's a non-issue, IMO.

Christ, his base salary for 2010 and 2011, plus the bonus combined is still less than what Cassel is making in 2010 alone.

L.A. Chieffan
09-02-2010, 10:20 AM
They both suck.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 10:20 AM

If it does.... Then we must sacrifice a virgin... Someone better hide GoChiefs.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Kinda like the roster bonus that Matt Cassel is due next year?

(meaning it doesn't have to be paid, and likely wouldn't)

His salary isn't prohibitive, especially compared to Cassel's.

It's a non-issue, IMO.

Christ, his base salary for 2010 and 2011, plus the bonus combined is still less than what Cassel is making in 2010 alone.
If you are going to keep him then that bonus is coming due. I assume you plan on the chiefs getting leinart and keeping him more than 1 year.

your just so desperate to bitch about anything cassel that it doesn't really matter what the situation is

Leinart to the chiefs isn't happening so go cry in the corner so you don't bug the rest of us with your sobs.

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2010, 10:23 AM
If you are going to keep him then that bonus is coming due. I assume you plan on the chiefs getting leinart and keeping him more than 1 year.

your just so desperate to bitch about anything cassel that it doesn't really matter what the situation is

Leinart to the chiefs isn't happening so go cry in the corner so you don't bug the rest of us with your sobs.

Move the goalposts much?

LMAO

Bane
09-02-2010, 10:25 AM

Well trust me,I'd much rather draft a QBOTF,but I wont believe it till I see the pick made on draft day.

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2010, 10:26 AM
And if you bothered to read, you wouldn't have to assume that I expect them to keep him if they acquired him.

First, I have no faith in the decision makers that they'd pick him up if he were cut.

Second, I've said numerous times in the past two days that he's a slight upgrade for THIS YEAR.

And even if they did want to keep him in 2011, there's this little trick called re-negotiating his deal.

Ask Kellen Clemens how that works.

Accept a pay cut, or get cut.

beach tribe

Better than Cassel does not=Good.

Leinart is garbage. Cassel is trash, and body cast Croyle is better than both.

We should be looking elsewhere. We have zero need for Leinart.

Reerun_KC
Well trust me,I'd much rather draft a QBOTF,but I wont believe it till I see the pick made on draft day.

Every year we get our hopes up that this is the year....

Then "boom goes the dynamite!"

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 10:28 AM

IIRC, didnt half of this board have a shit fit about Leinart when he left colllege...

Now some thinks he is the savior?

I am sure Leinart could learn this offense in 4 days...

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:28 AM

I don't.

KC despised and then learned to love Green.

And seeing how they've completely geared this draft to be complementary to the talent on hand (as long as they produce) I'm not bashing before game 1.

Yes, I hate pretty much the strategy and pick and what we did with the trades.

But the secret to the Pats success (early) was taking one dimensional defensive players and casting them in unconventional roles.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:29 AM

Someone better FIND Gochiefs...

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2010, 10:29 AM
IIRC, didnt half of this board have a shit fit about Leinart when he left colllege...

Now some thinks he is the savior?

I am sure Leinart could learn this offense in 4 days...

Find me one post where someone said that Leinart would be the savior.

Find me one post where someone thinks he's a long-term answer.

I'll wait.

beach tribe
09-02-2010, 10:30 AM
If we get Leinart, do you really think he's going to play in Cassel's "prove it" season until week 12?

What? Then we have Leinart for next season if he plays half decent.

FUCK THAT. FUCK IT.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:31 AM
**** THAT. **** IT.

Agreed...

Bane
09-02-2010, 10:31 AM

ROFL Yeah I can't remember ever saying,hey lets get that guy.He sucks just a little bit less than our sack of suck!!!

I know it.I know its a big move to go after a QB high in the draft,but several teams that have failed at that very move have recovered just fine.My thing is,what do we have to lose?Our winning record? Playoff chances? Etc....:cuss:

The Franchise
09-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Take your own advice and quit pissing in every McCluster thread.

Bane
09-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I don't.

KC despised and then learned to love Green.

And seeing how they've completely geared this draft to be complementary to the talent on hand (as long as they produce) I'm not bashing before game 1.

Yes, I hate pretty much the strategy and pick and what we did with the trades.

But the secret to the Pats success (early) was taking one dimensional defensive players and casting them in unconventional roles.

I have zero confidence in Cassel.No matter how tight they kept the playbook during preseason.His everything says average to me at best and that is on a team with the talent level of the NE team he led to 11 wins.If he can turn it around and play anything like Green did after his first year,I would be most surprised,but would definitely back off of the Cassel hating.

Just Passin' By
09-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Sorry...

In 2008, Pioli and Belichick drafted Kevin O'Connell in round 3.

L.A. Chieffan
09-02-2010, 10:40 AM

Nice pick too...

Bane
09-02-2010, 10:40 AM

That's right....:banghead:I forgot all about that.Maybe there is a little hope.:evil:

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2010, 10:41 AM

Who's currently unemployed.

ROFL

Awesome example.

"Hey, they drafted a guy in the first three rounds. They were 100% wrong in their evaluation of him, but they took him in the first three rounds."

Great news.

The Bad Guy
09-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Matt Leinart isn't a slight upgrade over anyone.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:47 AM

Well, fuck, guess I'm beat then...
:spock:

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2010, 10:48 AM

Not directed to you, but generally speaking:

Comical how people are more than willing to write off a guy with 17 career starts, but make excuses for the guy with 30.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I have zero confidence in Cassel.No matter how tight they kept the playbook during preseason.His everything says average to me at best and that is on a team with the talent level of the NE team he led to 11 wins.If he can turn it around and play anything like Green did after his first year,I would be most surprised,but would definitely back off of the Cassel hating.

I did not want Cassel.

I hated the trade. I only thought it was a good deal due to value (what we gave considering what we MIGHT get.)

Again, I DID NOT like the idea of having Cassel as our QB.

Clearly this GM/Staff think he's worth paying for so he's here. We're now stuck.

So the best thing we can hope for is that we put enough talent around Bono/Girlbac/Green/Cassel to make a competitive team...

The Franchise
09-02-2010, 10:52 AM

Tyler Palko? Yeah....I would say he's an upgrade over Tyler fucking Palko.

Bane
09-02-2010, 10:54 AM

Comical how people are more than willing to write off a guy with 17 career starts, but make excuses for the guy with 30.

You know my heart says Leinart could be a good QB somewhere sometime.I just don't believe it's here.I don't think KC is facilitated to take on that kind of "project" while we're already still experimenting with Cassel.I hope like hell I'm wrong and Cassel throws for 4500 yards,30 td's and we win 10 games,but my gut says its a pipe dream.

Bane
09-02-2010, 10:56 AM
I did not want Cassel.

I hated the trade. I only thought it was a good deal due to value (what we gave considering what we MIGHT get.)

Again, I DID NOT like the idea of having Cassel as our QB.

Clearly this GM/Staff think he's worth paying for so he's here. We're now stuck.

So the best thing we can hope for is that we put enough talent around Bono/Girlbac/Green/Cassel to make a competitive team...

Oh I believe that fully.I'm not of the opinion that he will be let go or whatever if he sucks again this year.I fully expect if that happens,we will have another "Cassel" draft in hopes of helping him to greatness.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Tyler Palko? Yeah....I would say he's an upgrade over Tyler ****ing Palko.

Because he has more lingering sponsors?...

Rausch
09-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Oh I believe that fully.I'm not of the opinion that he will be let go or whatever if he sucks again this year.I fully expect if that happens,we will have another "Cassel" draft in hopes of helping him to greatness.

Enjoy...

The Bad Guy
09-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Tyler Palko? Yeah....I would say he's an upgrade over Tyler ****ing Palko.

Starting upgrade. I could care less about backup upgrades.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2010, 11:00 AM
now maybe if the cards cut Leinart and he wants to come to KC because he thinks he can beat out cassel ....

Leinart > Palko

The Bad Guy
09-02-2010, 11:01 AM

I think Ken Wisenhut knows quarterback talent as he groomed one of the best QBs in the NFL right now.

Leinart was a great college QB, but his game hasn't translated.

I know you weren't directing it at me, but I won't make a single excuse for Cassel.

Both are awful, awful NFL QBs.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 11:05 AM
I think Ken Wisenhut knows quarterback talent as he groomed one of the best QBs in the NFL right now.

Leinart was a great college QB, but his game hasn't translated.

In fact he's been one of the worst rated QB's in the league.

We want this why?...

Bane
09-02-2010, 11:12 AM
In fact he's been one of the worst rated QB's in the league.

We want this why?...

Exactly. My thing is why bring anyone in at this point? We're already deeply committed to Cassel,and Pioli isn't gonna cut his boys throat like that win,lose,or draw.We live and die by Cassel this year period. IMO.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Exactly. My thing is why bring anyone in at this point? We're already deeply committed to Cassel,and Pioli isn't gonna cut his boys throat like that win,lose,or draw.We live and die by Cassel this year period. IMO.
yep

btw ... i surprised all the drafturbators would want to bring in leinart. If things don't work out with Cassel this year it will just give the Chiefs another reason not to draft a QB next year.

you guys really want the chiefs to not draft Luck/Locker etc next year because the Chiefs "want to see what Leinart can do in our system now that he has a year under his belt"

DeezNutz
09-02-2010, 11:18 AM
yep

btw ... i surprised all the drafturbators would want to bring in leinart. If things don't work out with Cassel this year it will just give the Chiefs another reason not to draft a QB next year.

you guys really want the chiefs to not draft Luck/Locker etc next year because the Chiefs "want to see what Leinart can do in our system now that he has a year under his belt"

There will always be an excuse for this organization not to draft a QB in round 1.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 11:20 AM
There will always be an excuse for this organization not to draft a QB in round 1.

THIS!

Bane
09-02-2010, 11:22 AM
yep

:banghead:

That would be just our luck too.Leinart comes in,Cassel goes down.Leinart takes over and shows just enough improvement to sway us from drafting one.Nah I say it's all bullshit anyway.I'd be willing to stake anything on the fact that Pioli will not bring him to KC.

Bane
THIS!

ROFL

Mr. Laz
maybe, maybe not

if cassel bombs this year they will have basically nothing at the QB position.

Cassel - 2 years of suck/big bonus = gone
croyle - can't stay healthy = non-factor
palko - :doh!:

By refusing to bring anyone in that might challenge Cassel, Pioli has put all his QB eggs in one basket. Even if the Chiefs sign a veteran guy they will have to draft a QB next year unless Cassel succeeds.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2010, 11:24 AM
:banghead:

That would be just our luck too.Leinart comes in,Cassel goes down.Leinart takes over and shows just enough improvement to sway us from drafting one.Nah I say it's all bullshit anyway.I'd be willing to stake anything on the fact that Pioli will not bring him to KC.
yep ... unless you actually think that Leinart is a franchise guy then you don't want him here.

you want the chiefs to boom or bust with Cassel and then have to completely revamp the QB position next year.

Bane
09-02-2010, 11:26 AM
yep ... unless you actually think that Leinart is a franchise guy then you don't want him here.

you want the chiefs to boom or bust with Cassel and then have to completely revamp the QB position next year.

Yep.2 wins or 12!!!

King_Chief_Fan
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Until Matt Cassel proves something I am not concerned about how pissed he might be

Bane
09-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Until Matt Cassel proves something I am not concerned about how pissed he might be

Maybe him being pissed off is the key.Something has to motivate this guy!:D

The Franchise
09-02-2010, 11:31 AM
maybe, maybe not

if cassel bombs this year they will have basically nothing at the QB position.

Cassel - 2 years of suck/big bonus = gone
croyle - can't stay healthy = non-factor
palko - :doh!:

By refusing to bring anyone in that might challenge Cassel, Pioli has put all his QB eggs in one basket. Even if the Chiefs sign a veteran guy they will have to draft a QB next year unless Cassel succeeds.

And I still think that Cassel is really going to have to bomb for us to get rid of him. If he's mediocre enough.....it's going to be the offensive lines fault....or we didn't get him enough weapons.

Calitozoni
09-02-2010, 11:32 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::toast::toast::toast::toast::hail::h ail::hail::hail::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

Rausch
09-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Yep.2 wins or 12!!!

That's the direction I'm going...somewhere in there....

Mr. Laz
09-02-2010, 11:42 AM
And I still think that Cassel is really going to have to bomb for us to get rid of him. If he's mediocre enough.....it's going to be the offensive lines fault....or we didn't get him enough weapons.
i would agree if it wasn't for the bonus ... i think that forces their hand.

what we should really be worried about is Croyle. I keep hearing rumors that Haley really likes Croyle. We don't want Cassel to bomb and then have Haley jump up on the table for Croyle instead of going for a QB in the draft.

rambleonthruthefog
09-02-2010, 11:43 AM
leinart is not coming to KC......he is no better than cassell
cassel is not good.....he is no better than leinart
mecca is a know it all prick.........he is no better than dane
dane is an magnificient asshole, and an internet dork...........he is no better than the smelly shit stain on the bottom of my shoe

The Franchise
09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
i would agree if it wasn't for the bonus ... i think that forces their hand.

what we should really be worried about is Croyle. I keep hearing rumors that Haley really likes Croyle. We don't want Cassel to bomb and then have Haley jump up on the table for Croyle instead of going for a QB in the draft.

And I still don't think they'll cut him if he does what he did last year. He's going to have to fucking BOMB for that to happen.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Cassel isn't going to be Jamarcus Russell.

He's going to play the easiest schedule in the NFL by a wide margin. He's going to face horrible defenses. He has four legit running backs and multiple pass catching targets.

He'll complete somewhere around 62% of his passes and probably have a TD-INT ratio of like 18-12.

We'll win 7 games and people will clamor for him to get another year because he's led us to win improvements in both seasons as a starter.

Then, 2011 will roll around, our schedule will be tougher (NFC North, AFC East) and we'll stagnate.

Bane
09-02-2010, 11:49 AM
And I still don't think they'll cut him if he does what he did last year. He's going to have to ****ing BOMB for that to happen.

Yeah he'll have to do a bunch of left handed interception type shit to get the axe.Sad thing is,the best case scenario is that he starts and plays all 16 games this year.I see several ppl bullshitting about him getting injured and all and I'd hate to see that happen cause that would buy him time IMO.

KCrockaholic
09-02-2010, 11:53 AM

He's going to play the easiest schedule in the NFL by a wide margin. He's going to face horrible defenses. He has four legit running backs and multiple pass catching targets.

He'll complete somewhere around 62% of his passes and probably have a TD-INT ratio of like 18-12.

We'll win 7 games and people will clamor for him to get another year because he's led us to win improvements in both seasons as a starter.

Then, 2011 will roll around, our schedule will be tougher (NFC North, AFC East) and we'll stagnate.

Yep.

I don't understand why people seem to think he is going to be absolutely horrible this year. He is going to look very, very good. It will be impossible not to.

And like you said, in 2011 he will fail.

Bane
09-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Yep.

I don't understand why people seem to think he is going to be absolutely horrible this year. He is going to look very, very good. It will be impossible not to.

And like you said, in 2011 he will fail.

Is this opinion based on the ease of schedule idea? You know those teams with those bad records just went through full training camps,a draft,and free agency just like KC did.Do you seriously think just because a stat that says they were bad teams last year will suddenly translate to Cassel having a very,very good year?Look back at the bad teams we played last year,and how he played against them.....I respectfully disagree with this logic.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd take a lot of QBs over Cassel. My concern is that it would make the CHiefs less likely to draft a QB next year if they brought Leinart in, IMO.

It doesn't matter. As I've said so many times since this became a hot topic, there's no way the Chiefs bring in Leinart because it would destroy Cassel's confidence.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2010, 12:01 PM

LMAO

Fuck off, n00b.

KCrockaholic
09-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Is this opinion based on the ease of schedule idea? You know those teams with those bad records just went through full training camps,a draft,and free agency just like KC did.Do you seriously think just because a stat that says they were bad teams last year will suddenly translate to Cassel having a very,very good year?Look back at the bad teams we played last year,and how he played against them.....I respectfully disagree with this logic.

Cassel is going to look good because we play the NFC West, and he has more talent around him this year, including a top notch running game. He is set up to succeed. Weis isn't going to ask him to do things that he can't do. That's why we check down when there are wide-open guys running downfield. Next year we play a pretty tough schedule, and I just don't see him having a successful year.

Marcellus
09-02-2010, 12:06 PM
It doesn't matter. As I've said so many times since this became a hot topic, there's no way the Chiefs bring in Leinart because it would destroy Cassel's confidence.

From what I have heard the issue is Lienart has no confidence.

From what I have read here I don't see how Cassel could possibly have any confidence to crush.

It's a wash.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 12:07 PM

He's going to play the easiest schedule in the NFL by a wide margin. He's going to face horrible defenses.

Wait...whut?...

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Now that is in introduction.

Smells like a dupe to me

The Bad Guy
09-02-2010, 12:09 PM
The 49ers have a way easier schedule than the Chiefs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-02-2010, 12:10 PM
One thing I will give Scott Pioli credit for is that he's willing to give his guy every possible tool in order to succeed. That's what you should do with a quarterback.

The problem is that even when given every possible tool you could want, he's still a subpar QB with horrible instincts.

I really, really wish that the fucking Lions would have hired McDaniels. He would have traded for this fucktard, and we would have had no QB with our choice of Stafford or Sanchez at #3.

Bane
09-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Cassel is going to look good because we play the NFC West, and he has more talent around him this year, including a top notch running game. He is set up to succeed. Weis isn't going to ask him to do things that he can't do. That's why we check down when there are wide-open guys running downfield. Next year we play a pretty tough schedule, and I just don't see him having a successful year.

Sorry man,I'm not buying it at all.The NFCW isn't gonna be the pushover some seem to think.Not IMO anyway.We'll see how it all plays out I guess.

Rausch
09-02-2010, 12:12 PM

Mostly because they have a legitimately feared HC, HB, and young and talented WR to pair with a brutal defense...

Marcellus
09-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Smells like a dupe to me

I was thinking the same thing actually.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2010, 12:18 PM

If he's traded, you can damn sure bet those bonuses will be restructured or eliminated altogether.

And that's a terrible article.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-02-2010, 12:18 PM

That ignores the reality of how teams change from year to year.

Denver will pick top 5
Buffalo will probably have the #1 overall
St. Louis will be lucky to win 4 games
Az will win 6 or fewer
Seattle will be terrible
Jacksonville is going to be one of the worst teams in the league
Cleveland is going to be one of the worst teams in the league

Our schedule looks tougher than it is b/c Denver and Arizona were on the cusp of playoff contention last year.

SF plays NO, GB, ATL, and PHI in conference.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2010, 12:20 PM

This is pretty much the dumbest fucking post in the history of Chiefsplanet.

Really, Reerun?

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2010, 12:22 PM

Those numbers are shit-tastic considering what they are asking him to do.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2010, 12:24 PM

I'm sure they're all proud of that selection, too

DaneMcCloud

Palko?

KCrockaholic
Sorry man,I'm not buying it at all.The NFCW isn't gonna be the pushover some seem to think.Not IMO anyway.We'll see how it all plays out I guess.

No problem. We will see as the season unfolds.

How do you think Cassel will do this year?

The Franchise
09-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Palko?

REPOST? :D

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2010, 12:30 PM

Oops...

I was going through the thread and commenting.

You're the Man!

:D

The Franchise
09-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Oops...

I was going through the thread and commenting.

You're the Man!

:D

If you're going to give me a compliment....please give me positive rep. It helps me make it through another day.

Bane
09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
No problem. We will see as the season unfolds.

How do you think Cassel will do this year?
Honestly I think with the added players he will improve,but I don't think he will be the big difference when it comes down to us winning a game.His best playing time came late in games when we were down by multiple TD's in what I call "garbage" time,and I don't see a few rookie weapons saving his game.I look for JC,and TJ to be what LJ and Priest were,and he will still hold the ball too long,take unnecessary sacks,and throw terrible interceptions.The upside?I say the D plays better,and keeps the score closer (in some games) and maybe that will make it easier for us to plan around Cassel's weaknesses and maybe pull a few victories from the jaws of defeat.That my friend is definitely the homer in me talking. :thumb:

:clap:ROFL

BossChief
09-02-2010, 12:56 PM
BossChief is a silly sumbitch.:evil:

WE don't get our hopes up, unrealistic people that don't learn from their unrealistic expectations do.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 01:15 PM
:evil:

WE don't get our hopes up, unrealistic people that don't learn from their unrealistic expectations do.

The Bad Guy
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Mostly because they have a legitimately feared HC, HB, and young and talented WR to pair with a brutal defense...

Or that they play in a division that's worse than the AFC West and get those teams 2x and then our division.

BossChief
09-02-2010, 01:23 PM

Hey roll your eyes all you want, Im just saying...I'm a glass half full guy too, but I predicted 4-12 the last two years because I didn't get my hopes up. If you went into last year thinking we had a chance at 8-8 or even close to it, you weren't thinking realistically.

Hopeful maybe, but not realistic.

keg in kc
09-02-2010, 01:42 PM

Then, 2011 will roll around, our schedule will be tougher (NFC North, AFC East) and we'll stagnate.That's my prediction. Not that people will clamor for him (I think that's pretty irrelevant, I don't think the front office cares about that), but that I think he'll have a perfectly mediocre season. Not bad enough to get him shitcanned, barely good enough for them to restructure in the hopes he'll 'progress' again in 2011.

Hope I'm wrong. Hope we see either a Trent Green 2002 style resurgence or the worst season from a Chiefs starting QB ever. Maintaining the average in 2011 is the last thing I want to see.

BossChief
09-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Thigpens ratio was 18-12 (with another 3 rushing touchdowns)

Sad to think we are hoping for Cassel to hit that "benchmark"

For me, I think he will be at around 22-18 with 10 fumbles and a completion percentage around 62% and take about 40 sacks (half of which will be due to his lack of awareness in the pocket and being slow going through his reads)

FAX
09-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Thigpens ratio was 18-12 (with another 3 rushing touchdowns)

Sad to think we are hoping for Cassel to hit that "benchmark"

For me, I think he will be at around 22-18 with 10 fumbles and a completion percentage around 62% and take about 40 sacks (half of which will be due to his lack of awareness in the pocket and being slow going through his reads)

"Reads"?

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
"Reads"?

FAX

LMAO

Reerun_KC
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey roll your eyes all you want, Im just saying...I'm a glass half full guy too, but I predicted 4-12 the last two years because I didn't get my hopes up. If you went into last year thinking we had a chance at 8-8 or even close to it, you weren't thinking realistically.

Hopeful maybe, but not realistic.

I think I went with 5 wins last year...

IF anything that came out of the Carl/Marty era... Unrealistic expectations never did you any good...

ONLY time I ever felt we had a shot at a SB was with DV... Now with this regime, I am very optimistic, but still realistic in my expectations..

I think 7-9 or better is going to be a great year for this team... I am expecting playoffs next year with or without Cassel...