PDA

View Full Version : Football **** OFFICIAL NFL Cut Thread ****

Pages : [1] 2

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Official thread for NFL cuts as teams reduce their rosters to 53 by 9/4.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm interested in keeping an eye on the Bears, Seahawks, and Cowboys WR cuts.

Rumor has it that Seattle is shopping TJ Houshmandzadeh. Currently they have Deion Branch, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Mike Williams, Deon Butler, Golden Tate, and Benjamin Obamanu. If they can't deal TJ one of these guys may get released.

Bears have Devin Hester, Johnny Knox, Earl Bennett, Devin Aromashodu who will make the roster. Then they have Rashied Davis, Freddie Barnes, Juaquin Iglesias and Greg Matthews of whom only 1 or 2 will make the squad.

Don't trade for Sam Hurd. The Cowboys have Miles Austin, Roy Williams, Dez Bryant, Kevin Ogletree, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, and Manuel Johnson. One or two will be available.

milkman
09-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Don't trade for Sam Hurd. The Cowboys have Miles Austin, Roy Williams, Dez Bryant, Kevin Ogletree, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, and Manuel Johnson. One or two will be available.

I'd trade for Hurd if we can make it a package deal and get Stephen McGee, as well.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 09:10 AM
I'd trade for Hurd if we can make it a package deal and get Stephen McGee, as well.

Yes, but that's more of a trade for McGee, than Hurd. ;)

Unfortunately the NFL is very QB thin and, except for Leinart or Pat White, I don't see anyone noteworthy getting released.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Flynn FTW.

Dante84
09-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Dudebro, I want Graham Harrell as our developmental QB.

* He wont be cut. Just sayin' tho. I likey.

King_Chief_Fan
09-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Dont we have WR's now that the QB can't hit.......do we need more of those?

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Teams are watching like vultures over Denver's possible cuts at CB and WR. We are stacked at those positions.

Dante84
09-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Teams are watching like vultures over Denver's possible cuts at CB and WR. We are stacked at those positions.

:spock:

Yeah, your WR positiion is just..... stacked, man.

milkman
09-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Yes, but that's more of a trade for McGee, than Hurd. ;)

Unfortunately the NFL is very QB thin and, except for Leinart or Pat White, I don't see anyone noteworthy getting released.

As booger has talked about, Jarrett Brown or Nate Davis are going to probably shake loose from the 9ers, and Brian Brohm might shake loose from the Bills.

All three would be worth a look for this team.

milkman
09-03-2010, 09:44 AM

ROFL LMAO ROFL

Your stupidity just slays me.

LMAO

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 09:45 AM

:LOL:

Yes, all teams covet Brandon Stokley.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 09:46 AM
As booger has talked about, Jarrett Brown or Nate Davis are going to probably shake loose from the 9ers, and Brian Brohm might shake loose from the Bills.

All three would be worth a look for this team.

I'd take a look at Brian Brohm. I'd also rather have Pat White on the roster than Tyler Palko.

The Franchise
09-03-2010, 09:54 AM
I'd take Brohm or Nate Davis over Palko.

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2010, 09:58 AM
:LOL:

Yes, all teams covet Brandon Stokley.

If Matt Willis gets cut he will be a prize pickup.

angelo
09-03-2010, 10:07 AM
What about Tony Pike or Hunter Cantwell from Carolina.

They currently have:
Matt Moore
Some douche from Notre Dame
Hunter Cantwell
Tony Pike

Ang

-King-
09-03-2010, 10:07 AM

I'd take Flynn over every single QB on this team and it's not even close. Maybe Nate Davis too.

CaliforniaChief
09-03-2010, 10:08 AM
I would be surprised if the 49ers cut Davis.

-King-
09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
If Matt Willis gets cut he will be a prize pickup.

Who the fuck is Matt Willis. Really now, I know this homer thing is just to play us and you're not serious most of the time, but can you keep this shit outside of this thread? I want to read about cuts, not people arguing with you over BS.

milkman
09-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I would be surprised if the 49ers cut Davis.

Word is they like Brown, s they are going to have to make a decision.

Brown or davis, and I'd take either.

Brock
09-03-2010, 10:11 AM

You're a funny person.

booger
09-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Breaking down the bubble

The Ravens make their major cutdown on Saturday. Here's some predictions on the players on the bubble:

Quarterback: Injuries at wide receiver and defensive line (along with suspension of cornerback Cary Williams) mean the Ravens need to use the roster spot on something else than a No. 3 quarterback. Troy Smith's spot is definitely in jeopardy. The best scenario for the Ravens is another team wanting to trade for Smith.

Fullback: The Ravens placed the only backup fullback (Mike McLaughlin) on injured reserve. Don't be surprised if the team picks up a fullback, which would allow Le'Ron McClain to play some tailback.

Wide receiver: Marcus Smith makes the roster on the strength of special teams. David Reed has played so well the past two games that it would be difficult to sneak him onto the practice squad. Demetrius Williams is the best replacement for injured Donte' Stallworth (broken foot). Keeping all three wouldn't be a surprise.

Offensive line: It could be difficult for the Ravens to carry injured backup David Hale (bruised tailbone). The Ravens could use that roster spot and will be looking at linemen on the waive wire Saturday. Rookie Ramon Harewood is a candidate for injured reserve.

Defensive line: Kelly Talavou is one of the best 53 players on the team. Keeping Brandon McKinney would be insurance for rookie nose tackle Terrence Cody, who is expected to miss the season opener with a knee injury. It would be hard for the Ravens to get Arthur Jones onto the practice squad. So, all three could be safe.

Linebacker: Jason Phillips struggled in the preseason finale, but that shouldn't tarnish a strong summer. Edgar Jones showed some urgency Thursday, but he has made some late hits this preseason. Prescott Burgess didn't look great Thursday, but he has experience on his side. This will be a tough call. Phillips might be the only one who survives.

Cornerback: The Ravens' fourth cornerback (Cary Williams) is suspended for the first two games, so they need to keep an extra one especially with Lardarius Webb not fully back. It wouldn't be a sound financial decision to keep Travis Fisher (vested veterans are guaranteed a full year salary if they're on the season-opening roster). Prince Miller could work but he doesn't give much on special teams outside of being a returner. K.J. Gerard seems to be the best temporary option.

Safety: If Ed Reed goes on PUP, the Ravens would need to keep Ken Hamlin. If Reed is on the active roster, Hamlin might not be needed.

Kicker: This will be a tough decision. Shayne Graham has the better track record, but Billy Cundiff has been more consistent this summer. Let's give this one to Graham. The Ravens lured him here for a reason.

For the latest Ravens news, follow Jamison Hensley on Twitter. Also, become a fan of Baltimore Sun Sports on Facebook.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/09/breaking_down_the_bubble.html

Bob Dole
09-03-2010, 10:14 AM

Bob Dole would take a 6 pack of warm Schlitz over Palko.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 10:15 AM
The Bucs will likely cut Jevan Snead.

The Franchise
09-03-2010, 10:18 AM
The Bucs will likely cut Jevan Snead.

Again?

The Franchise
09-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I'd take Flynn over every single QB on this team and it's not even close. Maybe Nate Davis too.

Yeah....except Flynn isn't going to be available.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Again?

Yes, a second time.

booger
09-03-2010, 10:20 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1226313/brett-ratliff

Mangini will lose out to Holmgren keeping Seneca Wallace and Colt McCoy. Ratliff has been his developmental project with the jets and last year the browns.

So if they go for a system guy who is familiar with the terminology this guy could be a possiblility.

booger
09-03-2010, 10:26 AM
IIRC from draft workouts, combine, all star games, pro days, etc. KC showed interest in Levi Brown-bills , Tim Hiller, Jarret Brown-49ers, Dan Lefevor-bears, Snead-Bucs, and i think Tony Pike-Panthers. Could be wrong but i think Weis had dinner the night before the pro day of Levi Brown and a similar meeting with Sneed.

-King-
09-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah....except Flynn isn't going to be available.

Yeah well... a fella can dream.

Chiefnj2
09-03-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1226313/brett-ratliff

Mangini will lose out to Holmgren keeping Seneca Wallace and Colt McCoy. Ratliff has been his developmental project with the jets and last year the browns.

So if they go for a system guy who is familiar with the terminology this guy could be a possiblility.

Don't be surprised if the Browns put Colt on IR for the year and keep Ratliff. Even though he went 13/13 yesterday, there are rumors that he broke a bone in his non-throwing hand on the first snap of the game.

booger
09-03-2010, 10:41 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/102125589.html
Trade talk centers on Spitz

Kansas City Ś The Green Bay Packers have received one or more calls asking if offensive lineman Jason Spitz is available in a trade, while other teams are waiting to see whether he or teammate Evan Dietrich-Smith will be released on Saturday, NFL sources said this week.

There are a number of teams around the NFL who are in the market for a center, which appears to be Spitz's best position and may be Dietrich-Smith's as well. Spitz has started 45 games, but only eight have been at center. The others were at left guard (eight) and right guard (29).

Among the teams that may be looking for centers are Oakland, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Denver and Houston, while a host of others might be looking for a guard. One of the sources said he knew for sure the Packers had been contacted about Spitz, but he declined to name the inquiring team.

Another source from a different team said he was interested to see whether the Packers released either Spitz or Dietrich-Smith. A number of other teams undoubtedly are keeping a close eye on what the Packers do when rosters are cut to 53 on Saturday.

The Packers will probably keep nine offensive linemen. Beyond the starting five, the other locks to make it are first-round pick Bryan Bulaga and tackle / guard T.J. Lang. That effectively leaves two spots for these five players: Spitz, Dietrich-Smith, tackle Breno Giacomini, rookie guard / center Nick McDonald and rookie tackle / guard Marshall Newhouse.

Spitz, Dietrich-Smith and McDonald are probably competing for one interior line position.

Spitz, who missed 11 games last year because of a back injury and a week of training camp because of a calf strain, was supposed to be in the competition at left guard, but the coaches chose to rotate him at all three inside positions rather than let him focus at one spot as they did with Daryn Colledge.

The game against Kansas City very well could have been a showcase for Spitz, a fourth-round pick in 2006. The 27-year-old veteran said this week he didn't feel any pressure going into the game.

"Honestly, I'll be more nervous going into this weekend than I have been in the past," Spitz said. "We'll see what happens. I've stated my case. I want to be here."

Dietrich-Smith and Spitz were in the lineup together with the No. 2 offense against the Chiefs and rotated positions throughout the game.

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Who the **** is Matt Willis. Really now, I know this homer thing is just to play us and you're not serious most of the time, but can you keep this shit outside of this thread? I want to read about cuts, not people arguing with you over BS.

Lets just say that if Victor Cruz played for the Broncos and Matt Willis played for the Giants you wouldn't know who Victor Cruz was.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2010&seasonType=PRE&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

booger
09-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Don't be surprised if the Browns put Colt on IR for the year and keep Ratliff. Even though he went 13/13 yesterday, there are rumors that he broke a bone in his non-throwing hand on the first snap of the game.

that would be ideal for them to redshirt him.

booger
09-03-2010, 10:45 AM
#Bears will waive WR Freddie Barnes, the Homewood-Flossmoor product, per league source. 18 minutes ago via txt

http://twitter.com/BradBiggs/statuses/22901457716

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Pick Barnes up right now.

DJ's left nut
09-03-2010, 11:07 AM
I like Tony Pike a lot as a developmental guy.

Titty Meat
09-03-2010, 11:08 AM

I agree drafted him in the fantasy mock last year. It's not uncommon for a rookie to suck in Martzs system he'd be worth a look.

aturnis
09-03-2010, 11:09 AM
We better get Barnes.

ChiTown
09-03-2010, 11:10 AM

Can't do it. We rely on Terrence Copper too much..............

milkman
09-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I like Tony Pike a lot as a developmental guy.

As do I.

I also like Lefevor.

There is a good chance that a good young developmental QB is going to shake loose, and we damn well better be claiming one of them.

DJ's left nut
09-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Can't do it. We rely on Terrence Copper too much..............

And Urban's spot is secure. Just look at his performance yesterday for why...

Mr_Tomahawk
As do I.

I also like Lefevor.

There is a good chance that a good young developmental QB is going to shake loose, and we damn well better be claiming one of them.

I wanted LeFevor in the draft....

Anyone know the QB status in Chicago?

'Hamas' Jenkins
For as much as we are going to rely on short routes, a guy with the hands and route running of Barnes would be a really good fit for this team as a #4 WR.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-03-2010, 11:17 AM
I just pray that we dont waste a roster spot on Palko

The Franchise
09-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Barnes will probably go to the Rams.

DJ's left nut
09-03-2010, 11:18 AM
The thing about Barnes though, is that he's essentially just another Dwayne Bowe but w/ less talent.

How is he going to get separation on these short routes when we don't have a quarterback that can stretch the field? He's not a quick guy in and out of cuts, he's more of your large possession WR guy.

If you put him on the field with Bowe, you're really clogging the interior and could make things very hard to operate.

With a proper QB, I'd say he has a role. But with the way we'll have to run this offense to mask fucksmoke's deficiencies, I can't see him doing well here.

Bill Lundberg
09-03-2010, 11:21 AM
@RavensInsider

According to a league source, Steelers are cutting Justin Hartwig and Kraig Urbik. Kyle Jolly is expected to be placed on practice squad.

booger
09-03-2010, 11:22 AM
I know Urbik is a G but wonder if he could play RT?

Mr. Laz
09-03-2010, 11:23 AM
i still think we need an upgrades at RT,NT,C,ILB,QB

i doubt we do anything at C or QB ... they seem content with what they have.

with as little as we are going to be throwing the ball i doubt we grab WR's

that leaves NT and ILB

i wouldn't be surprised if we didn't pick up anyone at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2010, 11:25 AM
The thing about Barnes though, is that he's essentially just another Dwayne Bowe but w/ less talent.

How is he going to get separation on these short routes when we don't have a quarterback that can stretch the field? He's not a quick guy in and out of cuts, he's more of your large possession WR guy.

If you put him on the field with Bowe, you're really clogging the interior and could make things very hard to operate.

With a proper QB, I'd say he has a role. But with the way we'll have to run this offense to mask fucksmoke's deficiencies, I can't see him doing well here.

He's much more sure handed than any WR on our roster and he runs very precise routes.

We aren't going to find a burner here, and I'd much rather take his upside than Jerheme Urban.

He profiles as a black Tom Waddle.

kepp
09-03-2010, 11:29 AM

this

CaliforniaChief
09-03-2010, 11:30 AM
He's much more sure handed than any WR on our roster and he runs very precise routes.

We aren't going to find a burner here, and I'd much rather take his upside than Jerheme Urban.

He profiles as a black Tom Waddle.

ROFL

milkman
09-03-2010, 11:32 AM
@RavensInsider

According to a league source, Steelers are cutting Justin Hartwig and Kraig Urbik. Kyle Jolly is expected to be placed on practice squad.

I mentioned last week that Hartwig might be getting cut.

We need to sign him yesterday, and should also claim Urbik.

And to whoever it was that asked, I don't see Urbik as a RT prospect.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Urbik would be worth looking at, but he sure has been a disappointment.

Bill Lundberg
09-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Jets | Several players released
Comment (0)
Fri, 03 Sep 2010 09:57:24 -0400
The New York Jets have released FB Jason S. Davis, WR Larry Taylor, LB Josh Mauga, SS Donovan Warren, LB Brashton Satele, LB Tim Knicky, C Robby Felix, SS Emanuel Cook, DT Martin Tevaseu, DT Ty Steinkuhler and LB Boris Lee, sources told Manish Mehta, of the New York Daily News.

CaliforniaChief
09-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Are we going to crash the Chiefs website waiting for Josh Looney to break news of our cuts?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Mauga has potential as a 3-4 ILB. We should think about him.

milkman
09-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Urbik would be worth looking at, but he sure has been a disappointment.

He still has time to develop, while Itchyass is what he is.

Bill Lundberg
09-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Meet our new D Lineman...

@Adam_Schefter

Get ready for onslaught of cuts. They're already coming: Patriots cut DT Damione Lewis.

milkman
09-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Yeah, this is one I think (hope?) Pioli has no interest in.

I'm hoping that they actually scan the complete list of waivers this season since they have their scouting staff in place this time around.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Cards waive Monty Beisel

Donks cut NT Chris Baker

booger
09-03-2010, 12:45 PM
49ers | Jason Hill released
Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:45:44 -0400

The San Francisco 49ers have released WR Jason Hill, reports Matt Maiocco, of CSNBayArea.com.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Baker isn't a "character guy" so there is probably no chance we sign him, but he has a very interesting set of tools for a 0 technique.

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Mauga has potential as a 3-4 ILB. We should think about him.

Yep.

booger
09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
On OTL right now, just said Leinart isn't pursuing a trade; sources say he believes his best chance to start again this yr is in Arizona 17 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/mortreport/statuses/22913103652

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Iggles cut Boo Robinson

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Texans cut Kris Brown

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 01:45 PM
On OTL right now, just said Leinart isn't pursuing a trade; sources say he believes his best chance to start again this yr is in Arizona 17 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/mortreport/statuses/22913103652

Translation- I can't even beat out Matt Cassel.

SAUTO
09-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Iggles cut Boo Robinson

6-1 300

can he play NT?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Boo was supposed to be a fringe 1st round draft pick going into last year and had a horrible year and then lost a ton of weight.

Really bizarre case.

vailpass
09-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Monte Beisel is now available.
Just sayin'.

Bill Lundberg
09-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Crayton traded to San Diego for a 2011 7th round pick...

Amnorix
09-03-2010, 02:22 PM

The thinking is that the DL-starved Patriots waived him so his 1.5M salary wouldn't be guaranteed, and will pick him back up again after week one, unless he gets a better offer elsewhere of course.

CaliforniaChief
09-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Crayton traded to San Diego for a 2011 7th round pick...

A 7th??? Wow, good deal for them.

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Not worth its own thread, but Browns rookie RB Montario Hardesty out for the year - torn ACL.

CaliforniaChief
09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Not worth its own thread, but Browns rookie RB Montario Hardesty out for the year - torn ACL.

Oh why did we do our FFL draft earlier this week??? :cuss:

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I can't start threads, so I put this here.

JasonLaCanfora (http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora)

Chiefs S Jarrad Page signed his contract tender today. Undecided about when he will report and still seeking a trade. More upcoming

siberian khatru
09-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Chiefs S Jarrad Page signed his contract tender today. Undecided about when he will report and still seeking a trade. More upcoming

:eek:

Titty Meat
09-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Hopefully that means a trade is done. Though he is an upgrade over McGraw.

CaliforniaChief
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM

Trade coming.

Or Page's family agent is floating in a river somewhere. There's less water there than there is under the bridge between Page and the Chiefs.

The Franchise
09-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Dude is gonna get traded.

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2010, 02:52 PM

I don't see the Tweet on that link.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
The fucking asshole could have saved us all a lot of grief had he done this six weeks ago.

CaliforniaChief
Page confirms it:
Winchell's Donuts on Santa Monica in west LA = best donuts ever!!!! (JarradPage44)

Los Pollos Hermanos
I don't see the Tweet on that link.

It shows as the first tweet when I look.

CupidStunt
09-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Cody Brown is the best talent on the market right now which KC should go after. He could be a decent situational 4th rusher with Romeo's guidance.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Brown had really good production at UConn. I really liked him coming out, but a wrist injury cut him down last year. You wouldn't think that would linger, but who knows.

beer bacon
09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Saints cut Ramsey. Chase Daniel is going to be there backup QB :clap:

Fansy the Famous Bard
09-03-2010, 03:30 PM

I'd take Nate Davis over Brodie Croyle and Matt Cassell as well.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2010, 03:41 PM
/edit ... imadumbass

49ers cut 22 to get to their 53-man roster

<blink>Friday, September 3, 2010</blink> at 15:41:12 PT [/URL]49erswebzone.com
[URL="http://technorati.com/favorites/?add=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.49erswebzone.com%2Fnews%2F27870-49ers-cut-get-53man-roster%2F"]
(http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/recommend.php)Even though the deadline is not until 6 p.m. on Saturday, the San Francisco 49ers got to work early on their roster cuts. The team cute 22 players today, bringing their roster count down to the mandatory 53.

Quarterback Nate Davis was not among those cuts after there were a few whispers that the team might let him go.

Below is a list of all the players cut today (listed alphabetically).

K Shane Andrus
LB Mike Balogun
QB Jarrett Brown
FB Jehuu Caulcrick
TE Tony Curtis
LB Bruce Davis
G Brian de la Puente
TE Joe Finley
WR Bobby Guillory
WR Jason Hill
WR Kevin Jurovich
T Matt Kopa
LB Keaton Kristick
S Chris Maragos
FB Brit Miller
DT Khalif Mitchell
CB Karl Paymah
RB Michael Robinson
DT Will Tukuafu
DT Derek Walker
C Cody Wallace

Bill Lundberg
09-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Sounds like Houshamazilli (Championship!) is going to get cut.

@JasonLaCanfora

A day ago I told you guys TJ Houshmandzadeh's days in Seattle were numbered with no one stepping up viÓ trade he's been informed he will...
less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry«

@JasonLaCanfora

will be released if a trade does not materialize (highly unlikely). Seahawks like they youngster. Eating $7M guaranteed.
2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry«

The Franchise
09-03-2010, 04:49 PM
He's either going to the Rams or the Vikings. Shit.....maybe the Redskins.

CoMoChief
09-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Jets | Several players released
Comment (0)
Fri, 03 Sep 2010 09:57:24 -0400
The New York Jets have released FB Jason S. Davis, WR Larry Taylor, LB Josh Mauga, SS Donovan Warren, LB Brashton Satele, LB Tim Knicky, C Robby Felix, SS Emanuel Cook, DT Martin Tevaseu, DT Ty Steinkuhler and LB Boris Lee, sources told Manish Mehta, of the New York Daily News.

I liked Donovan Warren a lot coming out of Michigan.

SAUTO
09-03-2010, 05:29 PM
lol and LMAO at laz's post about the 49ers from LAST YEAR.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ugly Duck
09-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Really now (KnowMo), I know this homer thing is just to play us and you're not serious most of the time, but can you keep this shit outside of this thread?

Now I feel really stupid. I really, truly didn't know. Its nowhere near as much fun now.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Cards cut giant Herman Johnson and Justin Miller
Saints cut NT Kendrick Clancy

kstater
09-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
LMAO
laz is the king of the reposts.

Bob Dole
09-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Saints cut Ramsey. Chase Daniel is going to be there backup QB :clap:

Chase kicked the crap out of the 'Skins 1 & 2 last preseason...

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
So who is New England and Miami cutting?

Mecca
09-03-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm fully expecting to see a handful of guys that would improve this team but we'll make no moves is my estimation.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Sage Rosenfels traded to the New York Giants.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Pats cut Eric Ghiaciuc

kstater
09-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Sage Rosenfels traded to the New York Giants.

I watched the Giants last night. Bohmar was awful. So this isn't a major surprise.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
total Fail

:sulk:

SAUTO
09-03-2010, 07:10 PM
total Fail

:sulk:

at least it was epic.

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Jerm
09-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Hmm...

JoshLooney #Chiefs Release seven players: Leroy Banks, Rich Gunnell, Lemuel Jeanpierre, Ike Ndukwe, Mike Richardson, John Russell, Dan Santucci

Mr. Laz
09-03-2010, 07:13 PM
at least it was epic.

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device
i saw they finished their cuts, so i did a search ... just got the wrong finished list from the search. :doh!:

updated to THIS YEAR's finished list ROFL

Mecca
Ndukwe and Richardson lol, obviously trading that pick last year for those 2 lineman was smart stuff.

milkman
Goodbye Itchyass, no one is going to miss you.

|Zach|
09-03-2010, 07:33 PM
He still has time to develop, while Itchyass is what he is.

Who?

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Lots of teams calling Broncos about their DB's. Whole league sees talent Broncos have accumulated in the secondary.

https://twitter.com/thegarymiller/status/22937034043

:)

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2010, 07:43 PM
LMAO

Who the fuck is Gary Miller?

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2010, 07:46 PM
LMAO

Who the **** is Gary Miller?

He's one of the play by play guys CBS4 in Denver.

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2010, 07:48 PM
He's one of the play by play guys CBS4 in Denver.

So, in other words, nobody.

Christ, if Mitch Holthus tweeted that KC had accumulated a ton of talent on the front seven, I'd laugh my balls off.

Priest31kc
09-03-2010, 07:50 PM
https://twitter.com/thegarymiller/status/22937034043

:)

JasonLaCanfora

Broncos are shopping CB Alphonso Smith, seeking a 5th round pick in return

ROFL

Seeking a 5th round pick after spending a 1st & 2nd on him. Yeah, so talented.

milkman
09-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Who?

Ndukwe.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Josh McDaniels is a fucking moron, he'll probably get fired in another year, to bad for us.

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2010, 07:51 PM
So, in other words, nobody.

Christ, if Mitch Holthus tweeted that KC had accumulated a ton of talent on the front seven, I'd laugh my balls off.

Only the Jets have a collection of DB's that are arguably better than the Broncos. And if Revis is no longer there Denver has the best secondary in the NFL hands down.

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2010, 07:53 PM
JasonLaCanfora

ROFL

We traded a first round pick for him. I don't know why you people keep saying a first and a second. McDaniels stealing Perrish Cox in the 5th round, who is the best corner in the deepest draft in 10 years mind you, more than makes up for Alphonso Smith.

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Josh McDaniels is a ****ing moron, he'll probably get fired in another year, to bad for us.

Its shame he didn't get his wish of getting Cassel.

milkman
09-03-2010, 07:55 PM
We traded a first round pick for him. I don't know why you people keep saying a first and a second. McDaniels stealing Perrish Cox in the 5th round, who is the best corner in the deepest draft in 10 years mind you, more than makes up for Alphonso Smith.

You know, I would be a lighter, much more mellow person if you could hook me up with whatever drug you are on.

Slainte
09-03-2010, 07:58 PM
JasonLaCanfora

ROFL

LMAO

JD10367
09-03-2010, 08:03 PM
The Pats just lost Leigh Bodden for the year. Five bucks Belichick swindles Smith out of McDiapers for a 7th.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Considering how piss poor the Patriots front 7 is I doubt a CB is going to make or break them...

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2010, 08:05 PM
The Pats just lost Leigh Bodden for the year. Five bucks Belichick swindles Smith out of McDiapers for a 7th.

There were rumors that the Patriots were eyeballing Alphonso Smith and that is why McDaniels traded up to get him. Denver will keep Alphonso if they don't get what they are asking though, it's not like we owe him a bunch of money or anything.

milkman
09-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Hey, maybe they can pick up Mike Richardson off waivers.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2010, 08:08 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

JD10367
09-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Considering how piss poor the Patriots front 7 is I doubt a CB is going to make or break them...

This has nothing to do with the thread, my post, or the point, so I can only deduce you're purposely being a fucktard.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-03-2010, 08:11 PM
There were rumors that the Patriots were eyeballing Alphonso Smith and that is why McDaniels traded up to get him. Denver will keep Alphonso if they don't get what they are asking though, it's not like we owe him a bunch of money or anything..

You do realize that he'll go to another team with a real coaching staff and become a probowler. Right ?

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2010, 08:14 PM

You do realize that he'll go to another team with a real coaching staff and become a probowler. Right ?

I think it's funny that both Matt Cassel and Tom Brady both regressed after McDaniels left them, while Kyle Orton had the best year of his career with him.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-03-2010, 08:19 PM
I think it's funny that both Matt Cassel and Tom Brady both regressed after McDaniels left them, while Kyle Orton had the best year of his career with him.

Yet your record remained stagnant as it did not improve with McD's arrival...

milkman
09-03-2010, 08:23 PM

Casse didn't regress.

He simply never developed in the pro set and the Patriots went to more shotgun spread to give him the chance at some success.

Brady didn't regress because of McDaniel's departure.

It takes a couple of years to fully recover from his injury.

He'll be back to form this year.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 08:26 PM
This has nothing to do with the thread, my post, or the point, so I can only deduce you're purposely being a fucktard.

Struck a nerve eh?

The Bad Guy
09-03-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm fully expecting to see a handful of guys that would improve this team but we'll make no moves is my estimation.

I'm just shocked.

The Bad Guy
09-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Only the Jets have a collection of DB's that are arguably better than the Broncos. And if Revis is no longer there Denver has the best secondary in the NFL hands down.

I just pissed myself a little with laughter.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm just shocked.

Yea cause you know after last year and only claiming Ryan O'suckahan we should all think the Chiefs front office is highly adept it making smart moves this time of year.

But hey nevermind that, talk about me instead.

The Bad Guy
09-03-2010, 08:38 PM

Sorry, cockbag, that miserable failure does not get bailed out because Cox had a nice pre-season.

Best corner in the draft? Deepest corner class in 10 years?

Honestly, how do you live with yourself when you spend every day in fucking Wonderland?

The Bad Guy
09-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Yea cause you know after last year and only claiming Ryan O'suckahan we should all think the Chiefs front office is highly adept it making smart moves this time of year.

But hey nevermind that, talk about me instead.

I'm not talking about you jerkoff. I know it's tough for you to imagine because you honestly have some super complex about yourself.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Then what was your post about then? It was pretty blatantly about me and nothing else.

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Sorry, cockbag, that miserable failure does not get bailed out because Cox had a nice pre-season.

Best corner in the draft? Deepest corner class in 10 years?

Honestly, how do you live with yourself when you spend every day in ****ing Wonderland?

I meant the deepest overall draft in 10 years. Not just the corners...

The Bad Guy
09-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Then what was your post about then? It was pretty blatantly about me and nothing else.

Let me know what players you would have added last year that would have an impact on the Kansas City Chiefs.

You'll probably cherrypick, so let me know what cut players we should add so I can track their progress, and then call you out on it, and watch you ignore the thread or even leave the board all together for a period of time.

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm not talking about you jerkoff. I know it's tough for you to imagine because you honestly have some super complex about yourself.

ROFL

I'm good at the draft.

The Bad Guy
09-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I meant the deepest overall draft in 10 years. Not just the corners...

The 2004 draft was insanely deep- far deeper than this one.

You still suck.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I didn't realize it was required to post every single day in the offseason or I was "owned" in some mythical fashion.

The Bad Guy
09-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I didn't realize it was required to post every single day in the offseason or I was "owned" in some mythical fashion.

Yes, because you had so many other productive things to do. I'm sure your hiatus was for other reasons.

You get owned pretty frequently on this board.

-King-
09-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Yes, because you had so many other productive things to do. I'm sure your hiatus was for other reasons.

You get owned pretty frequently on this board.

http://www.saint.org/blog/uploaded_images/burn-notice-season-1-dvd-738549.jpg

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I'll never begrudge a man making a living. you gotta do what you gotta do.

but dude is a freaking long-haired telemarketer who happens to have an nfl draft complex. by the rules of life, isn't mecca actually supposed to be a LARPING D&D geek? hell, break out the green tights and dress like a freaking level 49 warlock and get it freaking over with.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Sure I do, just like I got owned for saying paying LJ was retarded when about 3 people agreed with me or how I got owned on all this Cassel shit right?

Every single person gets things wrong, no one is right all the time, but its easy to hang back and have no opinion or say "wait and see".

But hey I'm sorry that sometimes I have more important things to do than post. I'm sure the planet has to have me around since me not posting for a week leads to a thread.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I also dig that the cuts thread is now about me and I'm the one with the complex, uh huh.

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 08:54 PM
I'll never begrudge a man making a living. you gotta do what you gotta do.

but dude is a freaking long-haired telemarketer who happens to have an nfl draft complex. by the rules of life, isn't mecca actually supposed to be a LARPING D&D geek? hell, break out the green tights and dress like a freaking level 49 warlock and get it freaking over with.

oh yeah, he pretty much has the larpgeek tied up by having chubby goth chicks hanging all over him. keep it real, gangsta.

Coogs
09-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Seven Chiefs are on the street...

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1414

Seven players released
Among them is reserve offensive lineman Ikechuku Ndukwe, who started three games for the Chiefs last season.

Also out: offensive linemen Dan Santucci and Lemuel Jeanpierre, tight end Leroy Banks, wide receiver Rich Gunnell, linebacker John Russell and cornerback Mike Richardson.

The Chiefs also announced that Jarrad Page signed his contract. The Chiefs may request a roster exemption for Page because he missed all of training camp and the preseason.

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Seven Chiefs are on the street...

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1414

Seven players released
Among them is reserve offensive lineman Ikechuku Ndukwe, who started three games for the Chiefs last season.

Also out: offensive linemen Dan Santucci and Lemuel Jeanpierre, tight end Leroy Banks, wide receiver Rich Gunnell, linebacker John Russell and cornerback Mike Richardson.

The Chiefs also announced that Jarrad Page signed his contract. The Chiefs may request a roster exemption for Page because he missed all of training camp and the preseason.

no real shockers there, other than nsuckwe.

The Bad Guy
09-03-2010, 08:56 PM
I also dig that the cuts thread is now about me and I'm the one with the complex, uh huh.

I'll stop posting about you Travis.

Yes, you do have a complex. You take every thread, and turn it into a bullshit fest where you offer little insight, and always seem to find a way to cry about something.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 08:59 PM
I'll stop posting about you Travis.

Yes, you do have a complex. You take every thread, and turn it into a bullshit fest where you offer little insight, and always seem to find a way to cry about something.

Nah I don't have a complex, however I might have one if I was blessed with incompetent sperm so it required 5 years to have a child.

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Nah I don't have a complex, however I might have one if I was blessed with incompetent sperm so it required 5 years to have a child.

:spock:

dude, seriously?

-King-
09-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Getting too fucking personal.

And I'm sure hootie was right...when was the last time you got some?

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 09:03 PM
because fertility is definitely in the realm of BB smack. poor form, telemarketer monkey boy.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Sorry, if you wanna act like an asshole consistently don't be surprised if I'm not friendly with you, tough concept eh?

And who are you to say I'm personal with you're taking pot shots at me when you have 0 idea what I do? If you don't like it, don't start with me.

KevB
09-03-2010, 09:07 PM

Are you serious? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Go outside, take a really deep breath, and then don't log on to the Planet for a while. It's making you a worse human being.

The Bad Guy
09-03-2010, 09:08 PM

I'm going to assume this is a dig at me, but your smack doesn't even hit the mark. But I didn't need 5 years to have a kid, nice try though

The closest thing you will see to a normal vagina that hasn't been used by half of the internet is the one you came out of.

milkman
09-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Just shut the fuck up, mecca.

KevB
09-03-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm going to assume this is a dig at me, but your smack doesn't even hit the mark. But I didn't need 5 years to have a kid, nice try though

The closest thing you will see to a normal vagina that hasn't been used by half of the internet is the one you came out of.

Take the high road man.....

Mecca
09-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Are you serious? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Go outside, take a really deep breath, and then don't log on to the Planet for a while. It's making you a worse human being.

Nope it's really not, I let pretty much everything go., If I was becoming a worse person I'd be throwing shit sandwiches constantly.

People say ridiculous shit to me constantly yet I'm the asshole if I dare say something.

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 09:11 PM
at this point:

50 high school QBs > matt cassel > a piece of pocket lint > tribal warfare > mecca > having your balls bashed in by a violently drunken bull-dyke lesbian > pawnmower.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 09:13 PM
at this point:

50 high school QBs > matt cassel > a piece of pocket lint > tribal warfare > mecca > having your balls bashed in by a violently drunken bull-dyke lesbian > pawnmower.

You're railing at me for being personal when you were doing it to me for a job I had 4 years ago...explain to me how that makes sense?

Marcellus
at this point:

That's a lot to digest.

KevB
Nope it's really not, I let pretty much everything go., If I was becoming a worse person I'd be throwing shit sandwiches constantly.

People say ridiculous shit to me constantly yet I'm the asshole if I dare say something.

I don't really get into the back and forths that happen here on a daily basis. Honestly, some of what you get, you have coming. However, I don't condone the personal attacks, and I'm sure you've had a number of them thrown your way. It's not right and it's unfortunate. But there are lines you don't cross. I'm sure you're a good dude, don't go overboard reacting....it's just a message board.

AirForceChief
09-03-2010, 09:14 PM
So...any football news on this thread?

Just wonderin'...

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 09:14 PM
You're railing at me for being personal when you were doing it to me for a job I had 4 years ago...explain to me how that makes sense?

actually, that last one was all about pure football takes :hmmm: :eek: o:-)

Mecca
09-03-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't really get into the back and forths that happen here on a daily basis. Honestly, some of what you get, you have coming. However, I don't condone the personal attacks, and I'm sure you've had a number of them thrown your way. It's not right and it's unfortunate. But there are lines you don't cross. I'm sure you're a good dude, don't go overboard reacting....it's just a message board.

Like I said I let most things go, but if you're going to basically think it's funny to be personal with me or try to "own" me and all that jazz don't cry if I god forbid say something colorful to you.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 09:15 PM
it's just a message board.

To you.

To others, it's more.

Keep that in mind.

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
To you.

To others, it's more.

Keep that in mind.

a very wise man once told me: "many things in life are all a matter of perspective. change your perspective, and the scenario often changes radically."

Mecca
And like I've said before, I really don't care, if you dislike me, ignore me, click the fuckin button and end that shit.

DaneMcCloud
So...any football news on this thread?

Just wonderin'...

Are you a high ranking Air Force official?

If so, can I please bring my family to visit your Air Force base?

I'll be on my best behavior. :D

SAUTO
09-03-2010, 09:19 PM

hard to raise a child in momma's basement.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 09:19 PM
when it really comes down to it, I don't so much mind mecca. he's likely a decent guy offline. I just enjoy flipping him shit due to some of the abjectly stupid shit he's said over the years. that, and his freakishly superior know-it-all attitudes when it comes to the nfl and prospects.

hell, you put enough of yourself and your comments out there, you eventually stick your foot in your mouth. you've done that a lot, mecca. it's natural to expect people to call you on it every once in a while.

SAUTO
09-03-2010, 09:22 PM
and i know that was out of line

sorry but so was mecca...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
09-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I have absolutely said some dumb things over the years I've been wrong a good number of times no problem admitting that either.

And flipping shit at me is fine I rarely ever take offense if you've noticed. However there are a handful of posters that literally despise me and like to do a bit more than flip shit and that's fine I know not everyone will care for me.

We can flip untrue insults at each other all day it doesn't bother me at all. Good natured shit is fine, I think my skin is about as thick as anyone's on here. But we're all aware of some of the ridiculous shit that's been said to me that isn't remotely good natured.

Mecca
09-03-2010, 09:23 PM
and i know that was out of line

sorry but so was mecca...
Posted via Mobile Device

It absolutely was purposely out of line.

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 09:25 PM
It absolutely was purposely out of line.

I didn't know there were lines here.

Wishing AIDS on people is ok yet there are lines?
Interesting.

Ceej
09-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I have absolutely said some dumb things over the years I've been wrong a good number of times no problem admitting that either.

And flipping shit at me is fine I rarely ever take offense if you've noticed. However there are a handful of posters that literally despise me and like to do a bit more than flip shit and that's fine I know not everyone will care for me.

We can flip untrue insults at each other all day it doesn't bother me at all. Good natured shit is fine, I think my skin is about as thick as anyone's on here. But we're all aware of some of the ridiculous shit that's been said to me that isn't remotely good natured.

That's been a long time coming. Congrats.

SAUTO
09-03-2010, 09:27 PM

you are just fun to fuck with.

but yoy usually DO take it well.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
09-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Stacey Andrews cut. OT for the Eagles.

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Once you get used to Mecca he is fine. There is just an adjustment period. Hard to get used to someone who is so smug for no apparent reason.

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Stacey Andrews cut. OT for the Eagles.

oh shit.

has he completely lost all of his talent, or is he worth picking up? he was pretty damned good a few years ago.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 09:38 PM
a very wise man once told me: "many things in life are all a matter of perspective. change your perspective, and the scenario often changes radically."

I don't view this as a message board, I view this as a community.

There are people that have been here for a decade. There are cliques, there are people that don't get along and there are plenty of people with completely different ideological views about everything.

Contrary to popular belief, I do my best NOT to make it personal. People that get upset because I tell them to "Fuck their mother" have far more issues at hand.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I didn't know there were lines here.

Wishing AIDS on people is ok yet there are lines?
Interesting.

I don't think Mecca has ever done that.

I started that and it was done in jest.

Besides that, the liklihood that any Chiefsplanet member, especially a guy that's called out, contracting AIDS is about one billion to one.

Sense of humor. Try it.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I don't generally get involved in the shit fests here. I enjoy them. And in this case, there isn't anyone posting in this thread right now that I dislike. That said, Mecca takes vile insults at this place. People are all over his shit and for the most part it slides right off his shoulder. I don't see how anyone could say what he said was out of bounds considering the shit people say to him. At least not say it with a straight face. Just my two cents.

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 09:42 PM
I don't view this as a message board, I view this as a community.

There are people that have been here for a decade. There are cliques, there are people that don't get along and there are plenty of people with completely different ideological views about everything.

Contrary to popular belief, I do my best NOT to make it personal. People that get upset because I tell them to "**** their mother" have far more issues at hand.

This place definatley has it's own "culture".
Hell while my current user name is dated 2003 I have been here off and on before that since the Star board and I am just now getting used to not taking shit personally.

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 09:44 PM

Besides that, the liklihood that any Chiefsplanet member, especially a guy that's called out, contracting AIDS is about one billion to one.

Sense of humor. Try it.

I wasn't taking a shot I was just making a point. Seriously there isn't much of a line here to cross. It's pretty much deal with it or leave. Free will.

Ebolapox
09-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't generally get involved in the shit fests here. I enjoy them. And in this case, there isn't anyone posting in this thread right now that I dislike. That said, Mecca takes vile insults at this place. People are all over his shit and for the most part it slides right off his shoulder. I don't see how anyone could say what he said was out of bounds considering the shit people say to him. At least not say it with a straight face. Just my two cents.

truth.

milkman
09-03-2010, 09:53 PM

Sense of humor. Try it.

Beside that, the next person to run into an aids tree will actually be the first.

Bugeater
09-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Beside that, the next person to run into an aids tree will actually be the first.
The hell you say. I suppose the next thing you're going to tell me is that no one has ever died in an AIDS fire.

tonyetony
09-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Mecca gets on my nerves now and again but come on man think about it.........the term "incompetent sperm" is hilarious in and of itself. The next person that insults my sperm is getting rep.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Mecca gets on my nerves now and again but come on man think about it.........the term "incompetent sperm" is hilarious in and of itself. The next person that insults my sperm is getting rep.

Your sperm is ugly.

Like your w...

Ah, can't do it.

I like you T.

Al Bundy
09-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Coye Francies CB for the Browns was released as well.

DaFace
09-03-2010, 10:18 PM
For an "official" thread purporting to include information about cuts, this thread has an incredibly low amount of information about cuts.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 10:19 PM
For an "official" thread purporting to include information about cuts, this thread has an incredibly low amount of information about cuts.

You act as if you're surprised

-King-
09-03-2010, 10:19 PM

Yeah, but theres a high sperm count.

DaFace
09-03-2010, 10:20 PM
You act as if you're surprised

Well, usually there's at least SOME good information in the OP or something similar. I had to dig for 3 pages before finding the info on the Chiefs' cuts, let alone all the other teams.

Dave Lane
09-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Are you a high ranking Air Force official?

If so, can I please bring my family to visit your Air Force base?

I'll be on my best behavior. :D

Shit you'd break something. Hell maybe everything. :)

Dylan
09-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Giants acquire QB Sage Rosenfels, RB Darius Reynaud

Published: Friday, September 03, 2010, 9:54 PM

Quarterback Sage Rosenfels' preseason performance led many to believe he should have been the Vikings' top backup to Brett Favre. Instead, it earned him that spot with the New York Giants.

In a move that is sure to raise eyebrows, the Vikings sent Rosenfels and running back Darius Reynaud to the Giants on Friday evening in exchange for a reported fifth-round choice in the 2011 draft and a conditional pick in 2012 that the NFL Network said will be based on how much Rosenfels plays.

That leaves the Vikings with inconsistent Tarvaris Jackson as their No. 2 quarterback and athletic but extremely raw rookie Joe Webb behind him.

Reynaud, 25, was the Vikings best punt returner. Reynaud moved to running back this season.

Reynaud averaged 10.3 yards per return last season, which tied for ninth-best in the league last season.

will compete for the Giants' return jobs. He averaged 10.3 yards on 30 punt returns last season. He averaged 22.5 yards on four kick returns.

Unbelievable -- The Vikings get rid of their best punt returner! LOL

TrickyNicky
09-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Ooops

booger
09-04-2010, 02:21 AM
assuming the Lions trade for Page and they won't part with Sammie Lee Hill the NT or Jason Fox a 4th rd Pick this year, OT Corey Hillard plus a late rd pick might be something KC would go for.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/roster/Corey-Hilliard/db40ad69-7baa-4be5-ba0b-36d44718f71e

Originally a NE draft pick (6th rd) in 07. Spent time with the colts playing 5 games in a backup role mostly at RG and LG. Also on the PS of Indy and the Browns before the stinkhole that is Detroit.

Could be a candidate as a swing tackle as he played both at Okie St. That would allow the release of O'Call which is more of a hope at this point. Also was a captain there fitting in with this years rookie theme of picking up captains.

Not sexy for sure. I haven't seen him play either so this is basically pulling it out my ass.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2010, 04:05 AM
We should sign Monty Beisel just so he can have an encore performance on GIF'D UP.

big nasty kcnut
09-04-2010, 05:20 AM
monty besiel is way better then a lot of players in the nfl.

rad
09-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Ndukwe and Richardson lol, obviously trading that pick last year for those 2 lineman was smart stuff.

Richardson is a DB.

OnTheWarpath15
09-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Richardson is a DB.

I'm pretty sure he realizes that.

The point he's making is that we traded for Ndukwe and Alleman, and a year later, neither are on the roster.

rad
09-04-2010, 06:34 AM

Nice to see you finally learned about heterosexual intercourse. Mom's boyfriend finally out of the joint?

rad
09-04-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm pretty sure he realizes that.

The point he's making is that we traded for Ndukwe and Alleman, and a year later, neither are on the roster.

Probably. The post reads as if he is talking about the players mentioned, but could read either way.

bevischief
09-04-2010, 06:37 AM
You know, I would be a lighter, much more mellow person if you could hook me up with whatever drug you are on.

I would like some of that too.:D

OnTheWarpath15
09-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Probably. The post reads as if he is talking about the players mentioned, but could read either way.

I read it as Ndukwe being cut triggered the comment, as now both are off the roster.

Regardless, he's right. Stupid trade.

DaFace
09-04-2010, 09:04 AM
I read it as Ndukwe being cut triggered the comment, as now both are off the roster.

Regardless, he's right. Stupid trade.

Well, kind of. IIRC, we gave up a 7th round pick for BOTH of them. We were in desperate need of depth last year, and though they definitely weren't great, they weren't any more of a risk than your standard, everyday 7th round pick. It didn't work out, but that happens.

Marcellus
09-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Well, kind of. IIRC, we gave up a 7th round pick for BOTH of them. We were in desperate need of depth last year, and though they definitely weren't great, they weren't any more of a risk than your standard, everyday 7th round pick. It didn't work out, but that happens.

Agreed. It's not like Thigpen would be in the QB race if he was still here. We already have a back up QB.

All the talk about love for Thiggy in Miami is exaggerated, he won't see the field this year barring injury.

booger
09-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Panthers | Hunter Cantwell waived

Sat, 04 Sep 2010 08:19:23 -0400

The Carolina Panthers have waived QB Hunter Cantwell, sources told Darin Gantt, of the Charlotte Observer.

------------------------------------

no shocker here they keep Tony Pike as #3qb

Pablo
09-04-2010, 09:24 AM
To you.

To others, it's more.

Keep that in mind.No. It's still just a message board.

It's not a job. It's not your family. It's not your friends. It's a message board.

1ChiefsDan
09-04-2010, 09:25 AM
JP Lossman cut by seahawks per schefter
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
09-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm told that Dolphins OLBer Erik Walden has also been cut by the Dolphins.

http://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/22983814066

This former Chief would be a good guy to claim for special teams if they cut Mays and Start Belcher like i hope. Also a guy for a few snaps as a rush backer like Demo Williams against GB.

Delano
09-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Booger is in his element during player cuts and coaching moves.

Do your thing, brah.
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
09-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Booger is in his element during player cuts and coaching moves.

Do your thing, brah.
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumb:

if i miss anything its probably cause i was masterbaiting

DeezNutz
09-04-2010, 09:54 AM
I am just now getting used to not taking shit personally.

Can it please be that dumb sumbitch Marcellus? :D

SAUTO
09-04-2010, 09:59 AM

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
09-04-2010, 10:02 AM

Ha. Once again I am not taking it personal. :)

Titty Meat
09-04-2010, 10:03 AM
No. It's still just a message board.

It's not a job. It's not your family. It's not your friends. It's a message board.

Not when youre G like me and put in work.

SAUTO
09-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Not when youre G like me and put in work.

huh
Posted via Mobile Device

tonyetony
09-04-2010, 10:07 AM
The Cleveland Browns have waived OL Paul Fanaika, according to Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/20889/nfl#ixzz0yZrzlE4O

tonyetony
09-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Running back Willie Parker is changing teams and changing agents.

The Washington Redskins informed Parker on Saturday that he will be released, according to a league source

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2010, 10:11 AM
No. It's still just a message board.

This isn't true. A lot of people on here probably consider some of the others on here pretty good friends. With the bash every year and tailgates, there are plenty of opportunities to make this more personal than just a message board.

tonyetony
09-04-2010, 10:22 AM
The Baltimore Ravens have released S Brad Jones, CB Prince Miller, LB Albert McClellan, WR Eron Riley, TE Davon Drew and OL Devin Tyler, sources told NationalFootballPost.com's Aaron Wilson.

Devin Tyler

Position: T
Class: 5Sr
School: Temple
Conference: Mid-American
HT: 6-6.5
WT: 300
40 Time: 5.25
Biography: Four-year starter at left tackle awarded All-Conference honors as a senior.

Positives: King-sized blocker who displays ability in pass protection. Quick off the snap, stays square, and makes good use of body positioning. Keeps his feet moving throughout the action, adjusts to defenders, and jolts opponents with good hand punch. Moves well on his feet and displays skill blocking in motion. Easily turns defenders off the ball and controls on once engaged in a block.

Negatives: Must improve the strength of his base and learn to finish blocks. Shows average awareness and seems to get lost on the field.

Analysis: Tyler is a size prospect and a developmental player with a high upside. He should only improve as he physically matures and gets stronger. The ability to block on the move will make him and enticing player in camp this summer.

booger
09-04-2010, 10:22 AM
ESPN is reporting that the Dolphins have cut Donald Thomas, which is a shocker to me. He'll be picked up quickly.Guess Cory Procter makes it 36 minutes ago via ▄berTwitter

http://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/22985855170

He is a G but maybe a OT?

Was a good prospect either way.

Pablo
09-04-2010, 10:30 AM
This isn't true. A lot of people on here probably consider some of the others on here pretty good friends. With the bash every year and tailgates, there are plenty of opportunities to make this more personal than just a message board.Yeah, bad wording on my part. I've met CPer's at functions, and they're all pretty awesome.

Hell, Nzoner lives 1/4 of a mile from me and he's one cool ass dude. I just don't take this place all that seriously anymore.

Hi-jack ended.

Al Bundy
09-04-2010, 10:34 AM
http://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/22987935642

Michael Clayton cut by the Bucs.

booger
09-04-2010, 10:48 AM
According to league source, the #Redskins have also released CB Justin Tryon. Somewhat surprising, with Ramzee's release.

http://twitter.com/Russellmania09/statuses/22986817815

skins cut ramzee robinson and justin tryon both cb's

booger
09-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Chargers | Josh Reed gone

Sat, 04 Sep 2010 09:46:58 -0400

The San Diego Chargers have released WR Josh Reed, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter. He became expendable with the addition of WR Patrick Crayton.

booger
09-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Some notable QB cuts: Dolphins cut QB Pat White and Colts cut QB Tom Brandstater.

schefter's twitter

I'd take Brandstater but not white

booger
09-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Bears | Josh Beekman informed of release

Sat, 04 Sep 2010 09:51:38 -0400

The Chicago Bears have waived G Josh Beekman, reports Brad Biggs, of The Chicago Tribune.

booger
09-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Giants | Rhett Bomar to be waived

Sat, 04 Sep 2010 09:59:32 -0400

The New York Giants will waive QB Rhett Bomar, a source told The Star-Ledger's Mike Garafolo.

Dylan
09-04-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm surprised the Giants waived TE Bear Pascoe (good blocker / good hands) & RB Gartrell Johnson -- tough player. Unbel.
Bad move.

The Giants better not cut Cruz!

Courtney Brown is still on the roster? What for? Parking cars? / Giants fan

booger
09-04-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm surprised the Giants waived TE Bear Pascoe (good blocker / good hands) & RB Gartrell Johnson -- tough player. Unbel.
Bad move.

The Giants better not cut Cruz!

can bear play NT? we need a damn nose tackle!!

Dylan
09-04-2010, 11:12 AM
LOL... Kid has golden hands & was tested on running different routes -- possible for a WR -- he wasn't good on SP though.

any good CBs available & TEs since Killdrive cut a good one? .... the Giants only have two -- really one since one is always injured

booger
09-04-2010, 11:15 AM
bad day to be a bear. Falcons cut Bear Woods, LB. Too bad i was looking forward to chris berman nicknaming him does a bear shite in the woods

booger
09-04-2010, 11:17 AM
TE and CB, nothing sticks out so far Dylan

booger
09-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Broncos | Jarvis Green a goner

Sat, 04 Sep 2010 10:21:21 -0400

The Denver Broncos have released DL Jarvis Green, reports Albert Beer, of The Boston Globe. He already received a $2.5 million signing bonus and has a $755,000 guaranteed salary from the Broncos this year.

booger
09-04-2010, 11:21 AM
pat bowlen could of bought plenty of fur coats with that

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Redskins | Clinton Portis and Larry Johnson stepped up
Comment (0)
Sat, 04 Sep 2010 10:04:01 -0400

Washington Redskins RBs Clinton Portis and Larry Johnson seemed to separate themselves from the competition as the team's top two running backs, reports Jason Reid, of The Washington Post.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0yaAlgfIM

Dylan
09-04-2010, 11:22 AM
TE and CB, nothing sticks out so far Dylan

thanks, booger

Teams carry three TEs -- no?

but we have 38 DEs -- they're probably looking to add another one right now -- unreal

booger
09-04-2010, 11:23 AM
yep most carry 3. some only 2. some 4.

Al Bundy
09-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Broncos | Jarvis Green a goner

Sat, 04 Sep 2010 10:21:21 -0400

The Denver Broncos have released DL Jarvis Green, reports Albert Beer, of The Boston Globe. He already received a $2.5 million signing bonus and has a $755,000 guaranteed salary from the Broncos this year.

But the Donks are great at everything- Knowmo.

booger
09-04-2010, 11:24 AM
But the Donks are great at everything- Knowmo.

:D