PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley to Cassel: Stay away from the ChiefsPlanet

Coogs
09-03-2010, 03:31 PM
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1412

Criticism of Cassel
Talking to the media today, Todd Haley wouldn't acknowledge that some segment of Chiefs fans seems to be getting restless with the play of quarterback Matt Cassel. Cassel, for what it's worth, finished the preseason with a passer efficiency rating of 79.3. That put Cassel 60th among the 115 quarterbacks who threw a pass in the preseason.

Coaches who spend most of their hours in meetings and watching video aren't necessarily the best sources for developments outside their immediate environment. But the criticism from fans is there and it's real and it's to be expected given that the Chiefs won only four games with Cassel last year and he was far from the NFL’s best quarterback in the four preseason games.

Haley did speak to the issue in a general sense and indicated that Cassel is better off not paying attention to the thinking or beliefs of anyone who is not employed by the Chiefs.

''The quarterback position will clearly be under more scrutiny than any other position,'' Haley said. ''It’s the guy that handles the ball . . . every single snap, so that position is going to get scrutinized. The guys playing that position, the ones that end up rising to the top, generally any of the scrutinizing doesn’t affect them.

''If you’re going to play quarterback in the league and you’re going to play at a high level, you’d better not pay attention to too much but preparing to do your job.''

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
LMAO

09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
DAMAGE CONTROL!!!!

TinyEvel
09-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Didn't Haley trade TheRealTyerThigpen after he joined CP?

:D

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
ROFL

keg in kc
09-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I'd stay away from this place even if I was playing well. We're a brutal bunch. Ain't gonna be no positive reinforcement here.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 03:38 PM
It's a process

Fish
09-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Don't listen to them Matty... just wear these and read from your cue cards...

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/223/blinders9895252.jpg

milkman
09-03-2010, 03:39 PM
I'd stay away from this place even if I was playing well. We're a brutal bunch. Ain't gonna be no positive reinforcement here.

Let me just reinforce what you said here and say that I'm positive that you are spot on.

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Damn I didn't realize he was up to a 79 QB rating, what's that 10 pts higher than last year?

Who says he ain't improving.:harumph:

Coogs
09-03-2010, 03:48 PM

Hell, even the Star had a couple of articles starting to call out Cassel today. 'bout damn time!

Be interesting to see how the Star proceeds with this. Early this week, Jack Harry was bashing on Cassel (I think Harry reads the Planet to get his opinions), and after the game last night he said Cassel looked good. WTF! Makes you wonder if the brass at Arrowhead gave Harry a phone call regarding talking about Captain Checkdown.

09-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I'd stay away from this place even if I was playing well. We're a brutal bunch. Ain't gonna be no positive reinforcement here.Mecca posts should be required reading after all games. LMAO

ModSocks
09-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I am Matt Cassel.

I will lead you all to a superbowl, and my nuts you will wash.

Tribal Warfare
09-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Well goddamn they are treating Cassel as if he is 6 year old who's getting picked on during recess, but the only difference is instead of a teddy bear he's grasping it's the 28 million guaranteed bonus that's stuffed in a pillow case for personal comfort. He's sucking his finger while this is going on too.

keg in kc
09-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Hell, even the Star had a couple of articles starting to call out Cassel today. 'bout damn time!I think it's a little early yet. I wouldn't be relaxed at all if he'd had an amazing preseason, so at this point I'm not jumping off the bridge yet, either. If he's still looking like Cassel09 by week 6, then it's tomato time for me.

But that's just me. I expect he's going to get loudly booed sometime in the first quarter a week from Monday. Whether it's a pick or a punt, I think the fanbase has already turned on him.

RedThat
09-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Good job Haley!

He knows the little things it takes to make a successful quarterback in the NFL.

I love his approach of just preparing and doing your job, avoid distractions, and not letting the scrutiny get to you. If a quarterback can manage to do those things well, performing under pressure shouldn't be a problem.

Haley seems to understand the concepts of what it takes to make a successful quarterback. His ideas need to be imprinted into Cassel brains and make him practice and focus with this mentality week in and week out, and we'll see improvement.

Coogs
09-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I think it's a little early yet. I wouldn't be relaxed at all if he'd had an amazing preseason, so at this point I'm not jumping off the bridge yet, either. If he's still looking like Cassel09 by week 6, then it's tomato time for me.

But that's just me. I expect he's going to get loudly booed sometime in the first quarter a week from Monday. Whether it's a pick or a punt, I think the fanbase has already turned on him.

Your more patient than I am. And I swear to God, I would have not be this way if this was Stafford, Ryan, Bradford, or another young project. Cassel ain't no young project.

The Franchise
09-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Good job Haley!

He knows the little things it takes to make a successful quarterback in the NFL.

I love his approach of just preparing and doing your job, avoid distractions, and not letting the scrutiny get to you. If a quarterback can manage to do those things well, performing under pressure shouldn't be a problem.

Haley seems to understand the concepts of what it takes to make a successful quarterback. His ideas need to be imprinted into Cassel brains and make him practice and focus with this mentality week in and week out, and we'll see improvement.

:spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
LMAO

He lurks.

MadMax
09-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Good job Haley!

ROFLROFLROFL That's comedy gold right there, I don't care who you are.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Good job Haley!

Child please

Fish
09-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Good job Haley!

ROFL

By treating Cassel like a child who can't handle somebody calling him names?

He's protecting Cassel. Do you really want a QB who's so delicate that the coach has to protect him and tell him not to read the mean stuff in the papers?

The QB's of days gone by didn't require this Nancy bullshit of protection from criticism...

MadMax
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
LMAO

He lurks.

And counts his money and prays to the Lord above. He also laughs about how an owner could be so stupid to give away free cash. I think him and Piolio shared the monies and are laughing all the way to the bank. But but but he will be good someday I promise.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Good job Haley!

Which team do you watch again?

milkman
09-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Good job Haley!

Yep.

Just what I want.
A baby that can't handle the pressure of fan and media scrutiny.

LMAO

doomy3
09-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Your more patient than I am. And I swear to God, I would have not be this way if this was Stafford, Ryan, Bradford, or another young project. Cassel ain't no young project.

I noticed you didn't add Sanchez or Clausen to your list, being that those are the only two "young project" QBs that we have had a chance at in the first rounds the last couple of years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 04:09 PM
And counts his money and prays to the Lord above. He also laughs about how an owner could be so stupid to give away free cash. I think him and Piolio shared the monies and are laughing all the way to the bank. But but but he will be good someday I promise.

He's our most expensive tackling dummy.

MadMax
Well goddamn they are treating Cassel as if he is 6 year old who's getting picked on during recess, but the only difference is instead of a teddy bear he's grasping it's the 28 million guaranteed bonus that's stuffed in a pillow case for personal comfort. He's sucking his finger while this is going on too.

Actually I think he's more of a rocker type, ya know those that rock back and forth in the corner of the room? LOL!

Brock
I noticed you didn't add Sanchez or Clausen to your list, being that those are the only two "young project" QBs that we have had a chance at in the first rounds the last couple of years.

He said "or another young project".

RedThat
09-03-2010, 04:10 PM
ROFL

By treating Cassel like a child who can't handle somebody calling him names?

He's protecting Cassel. Do you really want a QB who's so delicate that the coach has to protect him and tell him not to read the mean stuff in the papers?

The QB's of days gone by didn't require this Nancy bullshit of protection from criticism...

Absolutely!

I love that in a coach! Are u kidding me?

I want a coach who says, "hey Matt **** the papers man! Just focus and do your job. **** em Matt! I love you, I care about you And you and I will be successful together the heck with what others say!"

*I am your daddy and I will raise you right

doomy3
09-03-2010, 04:11 PM
He said "or another young project".

Yes. And I would imagine that since so many were in Sanchez's corner that he would get an incredibly long leash on this board, no doubt.

It is just kind of funny that all of the hype surrounding him has been slowly lessened as he has sucked more and more.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Actually I think he's more of a rocker type, ya know those that rock back and forth in the corner of the room? LOL!

While babbling and doing teh jerk & spurt.

Brock
09-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Yes. And I would imagine that since so many were in Sanchez's corner that he would get an incredibly long leash on this board, no doubt.

It is just kind of funny that all of the hype surrounding him has been slowly lessened as he has sucked more and more.

Yes, because he's got such a long record of sucking.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Absolutely!

I want a coach who says, "hey Matt **** the papers man! Just focus and do your job. **** em Matt! I love you, I care about you And you and I will be successful together the heck with what others say!"

Why does a 28 year old need "raising"?

RedThat
09-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Why does a 28 year old need "raising"?

He is still a baby and hasn't grown up yet. Its that simple.

Rasputin
Good job Haley!

True fan :Pinky:

btlook1
I think it's a little early yet. I wouldn't be relaxed at all if he'd had an amazing preseason, so at this point I'm not jumping off the bridge yet, either. If he's still looking like Cassel09 by week 6, then it's tomato time for me.

Well said Keg....got to think it's just preseason....give the guy a few weeks before calling him out. I for one think our offense is going to be ok this year...not great but better than last year which doesn't say a whole lot.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 04:15 PM

:facepalm:

Sweet Daddy Hate
Absolutely!

This post makes me sad. Oh-so sad.

Sweet Daddy Hate

Go stand in the corner.

RedThat
09-03-2010, 04:16 PM
:facepalm:

Dude Im joking man:D

RedThat
09-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Go stand in the corner.

That is too boring lol

MadMax
09-03-2010, 04:20 PM

Dude are you Fuckin joking? I'm not a big Sanchez fan but 1 year? Seriously. The only thing funny is your Cassel nut tugging.

Rausch
09-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes, because he's got such a long record of sucking.

Yeah, um..........Sanchez (sp?) has done everything a rookie was expected to do and managed to somehow make none of the big city gaffes.

RedThat
09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
This whole Cassel thing is getting too carried away. Seriously. Bah...Cassel this, Cassel that...Cassel thread here, there. I understand he is under pressure to perform, but holy mac the criticism and scrutiny going against him is overblown imo. Too much out of proportion.

Ahh *sigh* give it a breather.

Brock
09-03-2010, 04:27 PM
This whole Cassel thing is getting too carried away. Seriously. Bah...Cassel this, Cassel that...Cassel thread here, there. I understand he is under pressure to perform, but holy mac the criticism and scrutiny going against him is overblown imo. Too much out of proportion.

Ahh *sigh* give it a breather.

What? Did you miss last year?

RedThat
09-03-2010, 04:29 PM
What? Did you miss last year?

I was here bro.

Been around. Its just way too much. all these negative things said about him are real but sometimes they could be too much. Doesn't better your day or mine when we got to hear sh*t things about Cassel all the time, you know what I mean?

Brock
09-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I was here bro.

Been around. Its just way too much. all these negative things said about him are real but sometimes they could be too much. Doesn't better your day or mine when we got to hear sh*t things about Cassel all the time, you know what I mean?

When QB play is 60 percent of the game, that's how it goes. This team has tried over and over again to make a QB out of other team's scraps and has like a 1 out of 8 success rate doing it. It needs to be complained about.

Fish
09-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Kevin Harlan was on 810 on my way home. KK asked him about the team, and he said he likes the changes, but has serious questions about the QB. Said he talked with Trent and Rich about Cassel, and each of them concluded that Matt doesn't have it. He was careful not to speak for Trent or Rich, but it was quite obvious that they thought Cassel wasn't the answer. Said he doesn't have "It", and that he is never relaxed on the field. Pretty strong words against Cassel.

Gosh I hope poor widdle Matt had his fingers in his ears and didn't hear the broadcast...

RedThat
09-03-2010, 04:36 PM
When QB play is 60 percent of the game, that's how it goes. This team has tried over and over again to make a QB out of other team's scraps and has like a 1 out of 8 success rate doing it. It needs to be complained about.

Dude. They've been doing that for years bro.

I hear ya. Its like trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t. It gets frustrating bro. Let it all out man, I understand and feel your pain.

Id like to see them try a different approach. i.e., drafting one.

*There is one guy here who has been preaching this from day one that this franchise should draft QB. I think his name is talking can. Guy was nails on.

:thumb:

Now lets go draft our QB. No blackledge please. I pray we get a quarterback.

Tribal Warfare
09-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Kevin Harlan was on 810 on my way home. KK asked him about the team, and he said he likes the changes, but has serious questions about the QB. Said he talked with Trent and Rich about Cassel, and each of them concluded that Matt doesn't have it. He was careful not to speak for Trent or Rich, but it was quite obvious that they thought Cassel wasn't the answer. Said he doesn't have "It", and that he is never relaxed on the field. Pretty strong words against Cassel.

Gosh I hope poor widdle Matt had his fingers in his ears and didn't hear the broadcast...

Gannon?

RedThat
09-03-2010, 04:39 PM

That really really sucks to hear that coming from two awesome vets.

Ah well. If he sucks, play Croyle. See what they got out of him? Hopefully he could stay healthy. A sh*tty Cassel this year and the Chiefs can get rid of him and not take up his contract. I think this is the year this team should draft quarterback.

Pioli Zombie
09-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Who gives a fucking shit what the fans think. That's been the problem with this market. It used to be a problem in New England to until Belichick came in and basically said fuck you I'm going to do what's best for the team and by the way,fuck you.
Hopefully Pioli will be no different. If the team doesn't go 8-8 at least this year the fans SHOULD be pissed. Let's just see how it plays out. But to get all up in a lather over stupid shit like preseason is totally moronic.

Brock
09-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Who gives a fucking shit what the fans think. That's been the problem with this market. It used to be a problem in New England to until Belichick came in and basically said fuck you I'm going to do what's best for the team and by the way,fuck you.
Hopefully Pioli will be no different. If the team doesn't go 8-8 at least this year the fans SHOULD be pissed. Let's just see how it plays out. But to get all up in a lather over stupid shit like preseason is totally moronic.

Yeah, thanks for your Nth useless response. In case nobody here has made it clear, we don't give a shit what you think.

the Talking Can
09-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Who gives a ****ing shit what the fans think. That's been the problem with this market. It used to be a problem in New England to until Belichick came in and basically said **** you I'm going to do what's best for the team and by the way,**** you.

you care...or you wouldn't be here punishing us with your retarded posts...

you're like guardian....if were possible for him to have an even lower i.q. and be even more drunk and rambling...

teedubya
09-03-2010, 05:02 PM
What was poor little Matty called that upset him? Casshole?

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-03-2010, 05:03 PM
He won't need to read CP. If he fails Monday night against the Chargers he better wear ear plugs because the crowd will let him know.

Rasputin
09-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Who gives a ****ing shit what the fans think. That's been the problem with this market. It used to be a problem in New England to until Belichick came in and basically said **** you I'm going to do what's best for the team and by the way,**** you.

I aint worried about going 8-8. I'm worried about getting a first down in the first quarter of the monday night game against Chargers. Sure our running game may produce, but I want to see a $63,000,000.00 dollar throw by our QB to make this team look good.

Coogs
09-03-2010, 05:04 PM
But to get all up in a lather over stupid shit like preseason is totally moronic.

So you are expecting Cassel to do a complete 180 in the next ten days?

MadMax
09-03-2010, 05:05 PM

you're like guardian....if were possible for him to have an even lower i.q. and be even more drunk and rambling...

QFT!!!! Yep!

Ming the Merciless
09-03-2010, 05:08 PM
So you are expecting Cassel to do a complete 180 in the next ten days?

I'm expecting him to do a complete 360

Reaper16
09-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Go stand in the corner.
Nobody puts baby in the corner.

Fish
Gannon?

Not 100% positive, as Harlan just said Rich by the time I started listening. But he identified Trent and Rich as former QBs. And he said Rich had a more critical impression than Trent. The way he said it made it sound like Rich really hammered on Cassel.

It should be replaying on 810 shortly....

Coogs
I'm expecting him to do a complete 360

Unfortunately, me too.:(

Tribal Warfare
09-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Not 100% positive, as Harlan just said Rich by the time I started listening. But he identified Trent and Rich as former QBs. And he said Rich had a more critical impression than Trent. The way he said it made it sound like Rich really hammered on Cassel.

It should be replaying on 810 shortly....

huh, During their CBS broadcasts Gannon was really in Cassel's corner.

Pioli Zombie
09-03-2010, 05:12 PM

I care because its totally entertaining to this segment of CP act like such whiney, put upon dumbasses all the time. In general Chiefs fans are some of the best fans in the country. And then there is the fellowship of the miserable who gather here 24/7 to bitch and complain. I find it hilarious. You ignore the facts. You declare seasons and drafts a failure before they even happen. You say stupid shit like a guy can't play or he's the 40th best qb in the league and totally ignore that you have an improving team that's climbing from the bottom up. You won't enjoy it. They could go 14-2 and you'll piss and moan. And you'll be the first to take credit and throw the confetti at the parade if they ever did win it all. "Yoohoo, Scott. Over here! Look at me!! I've been a fan for 24 years. Yoohoo!!"
Hilarious.

Coogs
09-03-2010, 05:20 PM
I care because its totally entertaining to this segment of CP act like such whiney, put upon dumbasses all the time. In general Chiefs fans are some of the best fans in the country. And then there is the fellowship of the miserable who gather here 24/7 to bitch and complain. I find it hilarious. You ignore the facts. You declare seasons and drafts a failure before they even happen. You say stupid shit like a guy can't play or he's the 40th best qb in the league and totally ignore that you have an improving team that's climbing from the bottom up. You won't enjoy it. They could go 14-2 and you'll piss and moan. And you'll be the first to take credit and throw the confetti at the parade if they ever did win it all. "Yoohoo, Scott. Over here! Look at me!! I've been a fan for 24 years. Yoohoo!!"
Hilarious.

If our QB play doesn't improve dramatically, there will be no confetti parade in KC. Thats a fact!

MadMax
09-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Hilarious.

Says the turd who isn't even a Chiefs fan. What a fuckpod. BTW asswipe, criticizing our team is what most fans do on their own boards.. Get it? Go back to the Pats board where you seem to belong, or did they ban you? And my God blasphemy on us for criticizing YOUR GOD PIOLI and his lil bitch Cassel.While you may not be old enough to be a fan of a team for 24 years or longer, I'm sure you've been a turd your WHOLE life. :)

Ming the Merciless
09-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Says the turd who isn't even a Chiefs fan. What a ****pod. BTW asswipe, criticizing our team is what most fans do on their own boards.. Get it? :)

Just curious what he said that wasn't true...I mean it seemed like he was pretty accurate in his description...

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Hilarious.

Seriously, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

This team hasn't won more four games since 2006, yet you don't think people have a right to complain or point out the team's shortcomings, both offensively and defensively?

Really?

Go fuck yourself, Ass Clown.

the Talking Can
09-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Hilarious.

complaining about people is literally the only thing you do

you're like Zach, or the guardian when he's drunk (and when is he not?)....you think for some bizarre reason that you're too good and smart to stoop to the level of posting on a sports message board...

so, while we're all having a fine time being fans, you're crying about how people don't behave the way you want them to behave...

you have nothing to say about football, football teams, or the players on them....because you're not a fan, you're just a weird lonely loser

MadMax
09-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Just curious what he said that wasn't true...I mean it seemed like he was pretty accurate in his description...

If you don't see it, you never will. :shrug:

Bwana
09-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah, because if you're to the point where a message board fucks you up, perhaps it's time to retire. Seriously, if the dude takes ANY STOCK in what people think on any given board, he's got more problems than not being able to complete a pass more than 10 freaking yards.

Sack the fuck up Matt, grow a set of balls and GET IT DONE!! It's shit or get of the pot time RIGHT NOW. I hope he can get it done myself, but I'm not betting the house on it.

Pioli Zombie
09-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Seriously, you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

This team hasn't won more four games since 2006, yet you don't think people have a right to complain or point out the team's shortcomings, both offensively and defensively?

Really?

Go **** yourself, Ass Clown.
Did I ever SAY you aren't supposed to EVER complain?
No. I did not did I?
You know damn well what I'm talking about.
The constant,never ENDING stream of 100 percent bitching and complaining and mocking and whining ALL THE FUCKING TIME 24/7/365. Its truly pathetic and hilarious at the same time.
Big important Dane. So important he's on Chiefs Planet 24 hours a day.
Yeah. I'm sure real life football players and executives listen to what people say on fan boards.

And yes I do go on Pats boards. But I live in KC so I since I have to hear about the Chiefs I've taken a liking to them to,especially since Pioli,Weis,Crennel,Cassel, and Vrabel are here too.

Oh, and I love how all you douchebags who ranked on the Weis and Crennel hirings aren't saying shit now that the improvements are kicking in and are obvious.

But you are geniuses.

DaneMcCloud
Yeah, because if you're to the point where a message board fucks you up, perhaps it's time to retire. Seriously, if the dude takes ANY STOCK in what people think on any given board, he's got more problems than not being able to complete a pass more than 10 freaking yards.

Sack the fuck up Matt, grow a set of balls and GET IT DONE!! It's shit or get of the pot time RIGHT NOW. I hope he can get it done myself, but I'm not betting the house on it.

I wouldn't bet one of my daughter's dollhouses on it

milkman

He gets a long leash because he had one year of starting experience in college.

Cassel had 1 year in the NFL and 3 years of learning behind one of the best QBs and the best staff.

Anyone that expected Sanchez to perform at a high level last year, and this year is an idiot.

He should have been able to sit and learn for at least a year.

Bwana
09-03-2010, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't bet one of my daughter's dollhouses on it

Yeah dude, but one of your daughters's doll houses, likely goes in the 100K range, so I don't freaken blame you! :D

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah dude, but one of your daughters's doll houses, likely goes in the 100K range, so I don't freaken blame you! :D

LMAO

Pioli Zombie
09-03-2010, 06:45 PM
complaining about people is literally the only thing you do

you're like Zach, or the guardian when he's drunk (and when is he not?)....you think for some bizarre reason that you're too good and smart to stoop to the level of posting on a sports message board...

so, while we're all having a fine time being fans, you're crying about how people don't behave the way you want them to behave...

you have nothing to say about football, football teams, or the players on them....because you're not a fan, you're just a weird lonely loser
What the living FUCK are you talking about?? All I do is talk football. But of course if I say anything that contradicts the bitch and moan segment, its "not talking about football". I guess only bashing Matt Cassel qualifies as "talking football" on Chiefs Planet.

Pioli Zombie
09-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah, because if you're to the point where a message board ****s you up, perhaps it's time to retire. Seriously, if the dude takes ANY STOCK in what people think on any given board, he's got more problems than not being able to complete a pass more than 10 freaking yards.

Sack the **** up Matt, grow a set of balls and GET IT DONE!! It's shit or get of the pot time RIGHT NOW. I hope he can get it done myself, but I'm not betting the house on it.
I actually agree with this. Cassel DOES have to get it done this year. I'm thinking at least the numbers he put up in New England and the Chiefs going 8-8 or better. If not cut him. I have no problem with that. But let's let the season happen first shall we??

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2010, 06:52 PM

Why wouldn't a rookie get a longer leash?

Pioli Zombie
09-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Why wouldn't a rookie get a longer leash?
He aint a rookie any longer. This is a make or break season for Cassel. But if Sanchez sucks this year too then there are no excuses either for him.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2010, 06:58 PM
No. I did not did I?
The constant,never ENDING stream of 100 percent bitching and complaining and mocking and whining ALL THE FUCKING TIME 24/7/365. Its truly pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

What's pathetic is that you actually take time out of your day to complain about passionate Chiefs fans, something you obviously know nothing about.

Considering I work on multiple computers 12 hours a day and run my own business, I'm pretty sure that I'm entitled to do whatever the fuck I want with my time.

Yeah. I'm sure real life football players and executives listen to what people say on fan boards.

Who cares? Seriously, who gives a fuck if coaches or front office people read or take note of what's being said about their team.

Oh, that's right: Todd Haley.

And yes I do go on Pats boards. But I live in KC so I since I have to hear about the Chiefs I've taken a liking to them to,especially since Pioli,Weis,Crennel,Cassel, and Vrabel are here too.

Well, that's just a damn shame. Any chance of you moving to a different city? Oakland, maybe? I'm sure they'd love you over there.

Oh, and I love how all you douchebags who ranked on the Weis and Crennel hirings aren't saying shit now that the improvements are kicking in and are obvious.

"Kicking in"? LMAO

First off, I never once criticized either hire and I've been happy about the Chiefs and their offseason acquisitions including the draft. Ryan Lilja appears to have quite a bit left in the tank and Weigman looks to be the starter and an upgrade.

Weis is Weis.

I was less excited about Crennel because outside of working with Parcels and Belichick, he hasn't had much success on his own. But he's certainly the best defensive coordinator since 1991, when a guy named Bill Cowher ran the defense.

But you are geniuses.

Thanks for finally recognizing this important fact.

Now, kindly go fuck yourself with your wife's Lexington Steele dildo.

Rasputin
09-03-2010, 07:01 PM
From what I can tell about Cassel is this, from stories of the media put out. He is a fun guy that likes to joke around, wants to be one of the guys, accepted by his peers. The story of him & Brady playing pranks on each other is an example. He got to party with Matt Lionfart at UFC & again with Tom Brady at Super Bowls. As a back up he was having a good ol time. Then he had to get serious becouse Brady goes down and he was thrust on the spot. Billicheck must have put the fear of God into him and he played above his expectations at NE. Now he gets a big fat check and wonders why people don't like him. He was a career back up QB with NO college experience & one year pro becouse the starter went down.

He has not played to that level since he left New England, what are we to expect from him? He has not shown anny accuracy or flat out put the ball to a reciever with conviction. He doesn't have confidence in himself and it shows on the field.

He is 28 years old should be going into his prime. $$$ 63,000,000.00

If he would play to the level he is getting payed, I bet less people would bag on him.

milkman
09-03-2010, 07:05 PM
No. I did not did I?
The constant,never ENDING stream of 100 percent bitching and complaining and mocking and whining ALL THE ****ING TIME 24/7/365. Its truly pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

But you are geniuses.

Uh....actually, there are some of us that feel that this team has made enough improvements that they could be a 7-8 win team, if they had a legitimate QB.

But you can't win in the NFL with a piece of crap QB.

And I might have been unfair to 4 or 5 QBs when I said there's only 40 QBs better.

MadMax
09-03-2010, 07:16 PM
He aint a rookie any longer. This is a make or break season for Cassel. But if Sanchez sucks this year too then there are no excuses either for him.

JOKE=YOU You aint very bright are ya son? Dear God I hope you don't reproduce...

09-03-2010, 07:17 PM
No. I did not did I?
The constant,never ENDING stream of 100 percent bitching and complaining and mocking and whining ALL THE ****ING TIME 24/7/365. Its truly pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

But you are geniuses.
Well, lets be honest. It's not 100% bitching about the Chiefs.

Bugeater
09-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Why does anyone pay any attention to what that dipshit says? If there was ever a candidate for global iggy, it's him.

Rasputin
09-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Our defense is looking much much better & they are in the right positions, credit to Crennel.

Our running game is out standing and players are blocking.

Special teams, we have a return game & it's already getting respect. GreenBay did what it could to kick away from Arinas that shows respect.

There have been improvements all over the field exept... :cuss:

I am stoked for the direction this team is headed, but the major problem is if or not the QB is going to make a huge leap to get better. If he were 24yo out of college I wouldn't be complaining about #7. BTW I hate the number #7:#

09-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Our defense is looking much much better & they are in the right positions, credit to Crennel.

Our running game is out standing and players are blocking.

Special teams, we have a return game & it's already getting respect. GreenBay did what it could to kick away from Arinas that shows respect.

There have been improvements all over the field exept... :cuss:

I am stoked for the direction this team is headed, but the major problem is if or not the QB is going to make a huge leap to get better. If he were 24yo out of college I wouldn't be complaining about #7. BTW I hate the number #7:#

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nkOl6ptMGZQ/0.jpg

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Why does anyone pay any attention to what that dipshit says? If there was ever a candidate for global iggy, it's him.

No shit. I wish they would stop quoting his messages so I wouldn't read his stupid shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Gas from my Dad's place to Arrowhead: $5.00

Beer before and during the game: $Eleventy Billion.

Hanging out w/ Flopnuts and other CP Alumni: Awesome.

Getting thrown out of the game in the 4th Quarter for screaming a never-ending litany of high-decibel, X-rated curses at our dick-slobbering, noodle-armed, blind as a motherfucking bat "QB":

Priceless.

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2010, 07:45 PM

Getting thrown out of the game in the 4th Quarter for screaming a never-ending litany of high-decibel, X-rated curses at our dick-slobbering, noodle-armed, blind as a motherfucking bat "QB":

Priceless.

Why the fuck did you wait until the 4th quarter?

milkman
09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Why the **** did you wait until the 4th quarter?

Because he needed 3 quarters of material to bitch about.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Why the fuck did you wait until the 4th quarter?

LMAO

I don't wanna' cash out too early!

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Because he needed 3 quarters of material to bitch about.

You and I both know he'd have enough after the first series.

milkman
09-03-2010, 07:57 PM
You and I both know he'd have enough after the first series.

Really can't accumulate much on a three and out.

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2010, 07:58 PM

You haven't watched much this PS, have you?

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 07:59 PM

That's when I'll be taking notes and getting ready for the big performance.:D

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2010, 08:01 PM
They shut off beer sales at the end of the third, so the Chiefs will thank ROR for sticking it out till then.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 08:17 PM
They shut off beer sales at the end of the third, so the Chiefs will thank ROR for sticking it out till then.

Payin' the light bill.

CrazyHorse
09-03-2010, 08:18 PM

I agree with this.

Maybe not for Sanchez so much. He would have to suck pretty bad. And he did last season, so he needs marked improvement this year. But he has at least till his 3rd season before the jury is back on him.

Casel is overcritisized IMO. People become too invested in thier opinions. To the point of piss and vinegar. I just cant get there. This game is supposed to be for entertainment. That dont mean you have to enjoy losing. But it means that if you're mad all the time, then you should probably be investing your time in better things for entertainment. To be this pissed off and to keep going back is like watching a bad movie that you were offended by. Then returning to the theatre every week and pony up the scratch to watch it again. You have to know, that someone who complains about the moviie and keeps going back doesn't come off like a movie buff, but an ignoramous. In other words, you lose credibility as someone who knows hat they are talking about.

I mean, its so bad that people are talking about "go fuck yourself" Go fuck your wife with XXX dildo. Calling each other pieces of shit, challenging each others moral compass? Come on guys, you're better than that.

Cassel hasnt been given reasonable time under this contract to perform. You just cant cut bait and run every year. That means we are stuck with him for now. I believe his contract next season becomes more release friendly, but Im not sure. In any event, the ranting and raving is simply pointless at this stage. We are going to have to go with what we've got. In Cassels case, it's the smartest move by the coaches due to his contract. Worst case senario he does poorly and is out the door. Best case, he does well. In the end he's our guy and no amount of pissing and moaning will change that. Im pulling for the guy. I really hope he has a break out year.

I have seen improvent in the no hiddle offense. Not just in a better QB rating, but in his posture. That leads me to believe that he doesnt have the confidence he needs in the O line. That will only get better with time behind a better line and I think he has that. The run game is better, I think that will help him. It was last season toward the end. Am I overly optimistic? Maybe.

I still have the luxury of enjoying the entertainment and am looking forward to going to a game or two this year.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2010, 08:34 PM
So our quarterback is an ostrich.

http://www.ostrichheadinsand.com/images/ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2n1ucdu.jpg

09-03-2010, 08:36 PM
So our quarterback is an ostrich.

http://www.ostrichheadinsand.com/images/ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2n1ucdu.jpg

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 08:40 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

Pioli Zombie
09-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Uh....actually, there are some of us that feel that this team has made enough improvements that they could be a 7-8 win team, if they had a legitimate QB.

But you can't win in the NFL with a piece of crap QB.

And I might have been unfair to 4 or 5 QBs when I said there's only 40 QBs better.
Ok, so because you DON'T think the Chiefs can win 7 or 8 games that proves you AREN'T totally negative. Um..ok. Makes perfect sense.
As far as a team not being able to win with a shit qb..I give you, the 2009 Jets.

Chiefs=Champions
09-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Its going to be hard for them to ignore the criticism 10 games into the regular season..

Pioli Zombie
09-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Oh God, its Buggerer. Over there! Its a little boy! He's gettin' away!

milkman
09-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Ok, so because you DON'T think the Chiefs can win 7 or 8 games that proves you AREN'T totally negative. Um..ok. Makes perfect sense.
As far as a team not being able to win with a shit qb..I give you, the 2009 Jets.

That Jets team wins 11-12 games and goes to the SB with Aaron Rogers at QB.

But there's a difference between a shit QB and a rookie QB with one year of college experience.

I'm sorry you are too stupid to recognize the obvious.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 08:49 PM

This team is a far fucking cry from the 2009 Jets, Sanchez or otherwise.

Pioli Zombie
09-03-2010, 08:58 PM
That Jets team wins 11-12 games and goes to the SB with Aaron Rogers at QB.

But there's a difference between a shit QB and a rookie QB with one year of college experience.

I'm sorry you are too stupid to recognize the obvious.
First of all, that Jets team with Rodgers goes 14-2 and WINS the Super Bowl.
Second, now you are backtracking from your point that no team can with a shit qb. What fucking difference does it make if a Sanchez was a rookie or a 10 year veteran last year. He played like shit and they went to the AFC title game in spite of him which proves you wrong. The 1985 Rams went to the NFC title game with Dieter Brock! The Chiefs went 13-3 with Steve Bono. Marc Wilson. Raiders. 12-4.

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I just find it amazing that with all the retardedness last year we won 4 games could have easily won 6 or 7 without some crazy ass collapses and this year the predictions are going to 6 or 7 with some significant signs of improvement and an easier schedule. Oh yea and better coordinators.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2010, 09:06 PM
The heat is only gonna get worse this year if he doesn't perform.

It'll make last year look like a walk in the park.

milkman
09-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Second, now you are backtracking from your point that no team can with a shit qb. What ****ing difference does it make if a Sanchez was a rookie or a 10 year veteran last year. He played like shit and they went to the AFC title game in spite of him which proves you wrong. The 1985 Rams went to the NFC title game with Dieter Brock! The Chiefs went 13-3 with Steve Bono. Marc Wilson. Raiders. 12-4.

This team doesn't have the talent that the '09 Jets had.

We have a good RB group, but we don't have the defense.

This team could win 7-8 games with a legitimate QB.

In both scenarios, the teams are better with better QB play.

The difference one team (the Jets) is good.

The other (the Chiefs) are a team trying to become good.

Simple concept that's too difficult for your even simpler mind to grasp.

FAX
09-03-2010, 09:07 PM
The heat is only gonna get worse this year if he doesn't perform.

It'll make last year look like a walk in the park.

Yep. And I think you're right that, this year, the heat will also slide uphill a tad.

FAX

Hammock Parties
09-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Yep. And I think you're right that, this year, the heat will also slide uphill a tad.

FAX

Some motherfuckers are always tryin' to iceskate uphill.

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/blade-vs-batman.jpg

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 09:10 PM
This team doesn't have the talent that the '09 Jets had.

We have a good RB group, but we don't have the defense.

This team could win 7-8 games with a legitimate QB.

In both scenarios, the teams are better with better QB play.

The difference one team (the Jets) is good.

The other (the Chiefs) are a team trying to become good.

Simple concept that's too difficult for your even simpler mind to grasp.
In all seriousness this team could have won 7 games last year. Cassel will have to go backwards to not do that this year. Could happen I suppose.

We lost several games we should have won. Oakland and Dallas are 2 that come to mind.

milkman
09-03-2010, 09:13 PM
In all seriousness this team could have won 7 games last year. Cassel will have to go backwards to not do that this year. Could happen I suppose.

We lost several games we should have won. Oakland and Dallas are 2 that come to mind.

I've been consistent on this.

I don't believe this schedule is nearly as easy as most believe it to be.

That has been a factor in my belief that the Chiefs will only win 5 games.

Coogs
09-03-2010, 09:15 PM

When the schedule first came out it looked favorable. It's getting tougher by the week.

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 09:17 PM

Could be but our safety play, no LJ BS for the first 8 games, McCluster, trade Bobby Wade for Arenas, o-line improvement , Charles for hopefully 16 games.....
Bowe and Chambers for hopefully 16 games, better coaching.......

Surely that has to amount to improvement. Even Cassel can't do enough damage to fuck that up right?

milkman
09-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Could be but our safety play, no LJ BS for the first 8 games, McCluster, trade Bobby Wade for Arenas, o-line improvement , Charles for hopefully 16 games.....

Surely that has to amount to improvement. Even Cassel can't do enough damage to **** that up right?

I think this step has made some moves that have lead to improvements in many areas.

But it still a team that doesn't have a strong middle on defense, and a crap QB.

Rasputin
09-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Second, now you are backtracking from your point that no team can with a shit qb. What ****ing difference does it make if a Sanchez was a rookie or a 10 year veteran last year. He played like shit and they went to the AFC title game in spite of him which proves you wrong. The 1985 Rams went to the NFC title game with Dieter Brock! The Chiefs went 13-3 with Steve Bono. Marc Wilson. Raiders. 12-4.

With a rookie QB you have a chance for him and the team to get better for a long period of time. The 90's we averaged 2years then replaced QB/ imagine if Steve Boner was a younger QB that was from the draft and we could have gone to multiple playoffs with him. The best teams have long term QBs in place and can compete for titles year in and year out. Trent Green is the only QB we had that last 5 years in a 20 year span that's when our offense was at it's best. Guess what Trent got old and couldn't stay effective. So for long term success and open the window of opportunity for SB it would be wise to draft a tallented QB & it's not brain science. Chiefs are the only team to not draft a first or second round pick in 25 years. EDIT: unless you count Matt Blunden

09-03-2010, 10:35 PM

Surely that has to amount to improvement. Even Cassel can't do enough damage to **** that up right?Don't underestimate the power of the cASSel.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2010, 11:25 PM

Priceless.

Shit, I hope you make it bro!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Shit, I hope you make it bro!

Oh I'm there, I just don't know my seats yet. When I do, I'll let you know.

:toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

Aaaand man-y moooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrre-AH!

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Oh I'm there, I just don't know my seats yet. When I do, I'll let you know.

:toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

Aaaand man-y moooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrre-AH!

Make sure you do brutha. I'd love to meet up with you, inside or outside the gates.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Make sure you do brutha. I'd love to meet up with you, inside or outside the gates.

Done.

I'm probably going to bring a cooler of beer, and just try to find Planeteers to hang out with at least a few hours before the game.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Done.

I'm probably going to bring a cooler of beer, and just try to find Planeteers to hang out with at least a few hours before the game.

:thumb:

BossChief
09-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Im about 95% that I will be there too! If not, Im gonna have to moneygram flopnuts $75.

I think I have it worked out to be able to go though. Taking 2 weeks off and spending all the money to come out here to California (rental car, hotels, plane tickets, etc) has made things a little tight though.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Im about 95% that I will be there too! If not, Im gonna have to moneygram flopnuts $75.

I think I have it worked out to be able to go though. Taking 2 weeks off and spending all the money to come out here to California (rental car, hotels, plane tickets, etc) has made things a little tight though.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

Let's get teh plowed! WOOT!

Hammock Parties
09-05-2010, 10:42 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/105ebg8.gif

boogblaster
09-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Matt knows ... f-em .....

Dylan
09-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Haley to Cassel: Stay away from the ChiefsPlanet

ROFL Gawd, I love this place