PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Other NFL fans think Cassel is garbage, too...

Hammock Parties
09-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I was talking to three guys who are avid NFL fans today. I bounced the subject of Matt Cassel off them.

Fan #1 - Cassel was a product of Bill Belichick's system and isn't that great.

Fan #2 - Cassel won't make it in Kansas City and will probably end up with another team in a few years. He's a backup quarterback.

Fan #3 - Cassel is a hard worker, and a good listener, but that's about it.

This is unrelated, but we were discussing NFL Network's 100 Greatest Players Countdown, and they ALL put Joe Montana over John Elway (Cassel didn't come up).

Just food for thought...some of you ought to consult with your non-Chiefs fan friends and post it. It would make for an interesting thread.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Heh, I was talking to my buddy who is an avid Vikings fan the other day. I brought up Cassel and he literally burst into uncontrollable laughter. True story.

-King-
09-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Well.....duh.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Soooo...... If all this is true then we'll be drafting QB next year.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2010, 08:51 PM

Only if one slides out of the top 15. Our defense will be too improved for us to have another top 5 pick next year. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed. Retread FTMFW!!!

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 08:52 PM
We don't bash other teams players here.

Seriously though why would anybody talk up Cassel? He hasn't done shit.

Did you ask about Croyle?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Heh, I was talking to my buddy who is an avid Vikings fan the other day. I brought up Cassel and he literally burst into uncontrollable laughter. True story.

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts

So, I take a little pride in coming up with Casshole. What do you think about Glass Bro for Croyle?

Messier

Right. Not much to do except hope the Chiefs do well in spite of Cassel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Only if one slides out of the top 15. Our defense will be too improved for us to have another top 5 pick next year. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed. Retread FTMFW!!!

Well, if we took a Safety at #5, then might we, if the situation warrants it, do the unthinkable and( GASP! )move-up to grab our guy?

Just say yes; I need teh hope.:(

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-03-2010, 08:56 PM
How many 1st round QB's are projected next year ??? 3 ???

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Well, if we took a Safety at #5, then might we, if the situation warrants it, do the unthinkable and( GASP! )move-up to grab our guy?

Just say yes; I need teh hope.:(

We'd be the first team to jump into the top 5 in..........oh wait. The Jets. And hey, they made the AFC championship game the very year they did it. Sure. Why the fuck not?

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 08:58 PM
So, I take a little pride in coming up with Casshole. What do you think about Glass Bro for Croyle?

Not bad but Brokie is too perfect to be replaced.

Edit: how about Glasshole?

Bugeater
09-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Luckily, none of my friends know anything about football.

Huh?

Hammock Parties
09-03-2010, 08:59 PM

I talked to an Alabama fan today, brought up Croyle, said he couldn't stay healthy and he just sort of nodded sadly.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Not bad but Brokie is too perfect to be replaced.

Yeah, I can never beat that. It's perfect.

FAX
09-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I think most non-Chiefs fans would agree that Cassel is, to date, unimpressive.

Of course, most non-Chiefs fans would also likely prefer not to place their nose near the anal cavity of an orangutan.

Maybe there's a pattern emerging here.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 09:04 PM
We'd be the first team to jump into the top 5 in..........oh wait. The Jets. And hey, they made the AFC championship game the very year they did it. Sure. Why the fuck not?

YAY! :clap::D

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2010, 09:05 PM

Of course, most non-Chiefs fans would also likely prefer not to place their nose near the anal cavity of an orangutan.

FAX

ROFL

Rasputin
09-03-2010, 09:05 PM

Omg it happend to you too / :redface:

Marcellus
09-03-2010, 09:06 PM

FAX

Lol.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2010, 09:07 PM

FAX

ROFL I thought I was going to win this thread. No more.

kysirsoze
09-03-2010, 09:07 PM
My friend is a huge Colts fan but has Chiefs fans in the family so he is plenty familiar with the team. He has more faith in Cassel than I do. He thinks he can be a serviceable starter. I think he's a good backup. We agree the Chiefs need to go a different way but won't until Cassel proves he's a total fuck up.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-03-2010, 09:18 PM
My friend is a huge Colts fan but has Chiefs fans in the family so he is plenty familiar with the team. He has more faith in Cassel than I do. He thinks he can be a serviceable starter. I think he's a good backup. We agree the Chiefs need to go a different way but won't until Cassel proves he's a total **** up.

I've never really understood what makes a QB a good backup when they don't have the talent to be a starter. I mean, if you suck then you suck.

Al Bundy
09-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Bucs fans think Cassel sucks.

09-03-2010, 10:19 PM
My friend is a huge Colts fan but has Chiefs fans in the family so he is plenty familiar with the team. He has more faith in Cassel than I do. He thinks he can be a serviceable starter. I think he's a good backup. We agree the Chiefs need to go a different way but won't until Cassel proves he's a total **** up.Yeah, but he is a Colts fan. What does he know.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah, but he is a Colts fan. What does he know.

Peyton Manning. Therefore he doesn't know shit. Amirite?

tonyetony
09-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Well this a total surprise I thought everyone in the whole fucking country besides Chiefs fans and Pioli loved him. I am so enlightened...Thank you

prhom
09-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I talked to an Alabama fan today, brought up Croyle, said he couldn't stay healthy and he just sort of nodded sadly.

I'm watching the NFLN replay right now and I'm doing the same thing. Croyle could really be fun QB to have around, but he's too fragile to be a fixture here. It's really a shame, because he's a lot better than our $63M man.

googlegoogle
09-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Cassel just needs some protection and open WR's.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Cassel just needs some protection and open WR's.

Goddamnit Google; don't start this. Or, go stand in the corner until it passes.

Red Dawg
09-04-2010, 06:56 AM

He won't be laughing when old ass Favre gets his ankle hit and he's done for life. It will happen, count on it.

Duck Dog
09-04-2010, 07:37 AM
I was talking to a Donkey fan the other and brought up Cassel. His expression never changed, he just continued drooling and shitting his pants.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2010, 10:10 AM
He won't be laughing when old ass Favre gets his ankle hit and he's done for life. It will happen, count on it.

He never laughs when I remind him of Super Bowl IV either. Although it probably doesn't sting as bad considering neither of us were alive.