PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Has anyone ever heard of this?

crispystl
09-04-2010, 12:40 PM
My brother in laws fantasy football league made a rule that you have to carry two kickers two defenses two tight ends two qbs basically a certain number of each player rather than just an open roster where you can choose how may players of each position you have on your team. Has anyone ever heard of this shit?

crispystl
09-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Basically you can't drop a wr and pick up a running back whatever position you drop you have to fill with that position.

Buck
09-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah I've heard of it and its weird. Luv was mentioning she was in a league like that.

crispystl
09-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah I've heard of it and its weird. Luv was mentioning she was in a league like that.

It's lame

Buck
09-04-2010, 12:49 PM
It sort of forces your hand with the draft though. You better draft mostly who you will keep during the season...

Hoover
09-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I can see it if you were doing a dynasty league, it does make it more realistic.

crispystl
09-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I played in it one year it suck.

Blankey
09-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Am I the only tech guy/football fan left that has never played fantasy and has no desire to?

crispystl
09-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Am I the only tech guy/football fan left that has never played fantasy and has no desire to?

YES

crispystl
09-04-2010, 01:03 PM
It blows because you use your back up kicker for one game the entire year and some players never ever make it off your bench, and it's not a dynasty league.

cabletech94
09-04-2010, 01:15 PM
kill bro in law with fire. what a shit rule.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Am I the only tech guy/football fan left that has never played fantasy and has no desire to?Nope. I haven't either. Every yr I say I'm gonna look into it but I never get around to it.

DaFace
09-04-2010, 01:25 PM

I have played casually a few times, but I'm not this year. I find it kind of boring, and I get really annoyed with people who root for certain players in game threads just because they have them in FFL.

Valiant
09-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I have, it is not fun for my style.. My bench is generally true back ups or trade bait that stops other people from picking them up..

Getting ready to start a new league.. 8 man.. The difference is, you get to pick entire teams.. 3 teams for each man.. Not sure how it will go over, but got people to try it.. Basically you get three entire teams to fill out your roster for normal roster spots..

example:
team 1 Sd, Balt, KC
team 2 Indy, SF, Ari

crispystl
09-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I have, it is not fun for my style.. My bench is generally true back ups or trade bait that stops other people from picking them up..

Getting ready to start a new league.. 8 man.. The difference is, you get to pick entire teams.. 3 teams for each man.. Not sure how it will go over, but got people to try it.. Basically you get three entire teams to fill out your roster for normal roster spots..

example:
team 1 Sd, Balt, KC
team 2 Indy, SF, Ari

Thats interesting.