PDA

View Full Version : Football CBS Sports: Cutdown Day Losers

Ugly Duck
09-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Losers

The Denver Broncos: Elvis Dumervil is out for the season. LenDale White is out for the season. Jarvis Green can't make the team. Tim Tebow isn't ready to play. And San Diego is still in the AFC West. Good luck, Josh McDaniels. You're going to need it.

Josh McDaniels, head coach, Denver: I presume he's the guy behind trading away a first-round pick for defensive back Alphonso Smith in the 2009 draft. Well, this just in: He dumped Smith for tight end Dan Gronkowski which means ... you spent a first-round draft pick on a tight end who was the 255th draft pick -- or next to last -- and who didn't fit in with the Lions, who cut him twice. Great. I also presume McDaniels was the genius behind signing defensive lineman Jarvis Green to that four-year, $20 million deal. It made sense because McDaniels and Green were on the same side in New England, so McDaniels had the book on the guy. Only he must have had the wrong one. Memo to McDaniels: Stick to coaching and leave personnel to somebody, anybody, else.

Vincent Jackson, WR, San Diego: Looks like you should've believed A.J. Smith, Vincent. The Chargers have moved on, while you ... well, you're going to miss the next six games. You could have played one year at $3.268 million, but, no, you had a better idea. You refused to sign the tender, with this year's contract dropping to $583,000 on June 15. Now you just sit and wait for something, anything, to happen -- only nothing does. Congratulations on a brilliant career move.

Matt Leinart, QB, Arizona: A week ago he thought he was the Cardinals' starting quarterback. Then the players spoke, coach Ken Whisenhunt listened, and Leinart became the Cardinals' latest bust. The problem: Teammates lost confidence in the guy, convinced they could not win with him. Leinart complained that he had better numbers than anyone -- and he did. But as Whisenhunt so carefully explained all summer he wouldn't make his decision based on numbers; he would make it based on team chemistry, and Matt Leinart just flunked the exam.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13882645/winners-and-losers-sizing-up-rosters-on-nfl-cutdown-day

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-05-2010, 09:37 AM
This headline is deceiving.

The Broncos were losers the other 364 days of the year also.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-05-2010, 09:39 AM
LMAO @ Denver. Hopefully KnowMo can come here and explain all of that away.

the Talking Can
09-05-2010, 09:40 AM
yeah, not sure what type of nth dimensional chess Jackson is playing....the really expensive kind, i guess

ChiefaRoo
09-05-2010, 09:41 AM
donks are in freefall

Quesadilla Joe
09-05-2010, 09:41 AM
People are so ignorant when it comes to the Broncos. It was NEVER the plan to have Tebow ready to start week 1. And for the record, Dan Marino was the only QB in NFL history who was truly ready to start as a rookie.

Bane
09-05-2010, 09:42 AM
LMAO @ Denver. Hopefully KnowMo can come here and explain all of that away.

5 bucks says he's putting a hurting on twatters server as we speak.

Ugly Duck
09-05-2010, 09:45 AM
People are so ignorant when it comes to the Broncos.

Yeah. Thats probly it.

Marcellus
09-05-2010, 09:45 AM
People are so ignorant when it comes to the Broncos. It was NEVER the plan to have Tebow ready to start week 1. And for the record, Dan Marino was the only QB in NFL history who was truly ready to start as a rookie.

Take the Tebow situation out of it completely and the off season was still a big ole bag of fail.

the Talking Can
09-05-2010, 09:46 AM

everytime you use the word 'ignorant,' a universe explodes

just saying

we don't have like an unlimited amount of them

carry on

Mr. Flopnuts
09-05-2010, 09:48 AM

Right on. Can we change your username to Alphonsomo?

Red Brooklyn
09-05-2010, 09:49 AM

Okay. Is that your only problem with what CBS Sports had to say? Tebow got one sentence. What about the rest of it? Since the Tebow line is the only one you take issue with are we to ascertain that you agree with the rest of it?

Quesadilla Joe
The guy who wrote this probably ripped McDaniels for trading Jay Cutler because he was a "franchise QB". And McDaniels made the entire media look like a bunch of idiots and NOBODY in the media brings up the fact that Denver won one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history. When is the media going to learn that McDaniels is smarter than they are?

milkman
Right on. Can we change your username to Alphonsomo?

No.

It needs to Gronkowmo now.

Red Brooklyn
09-05-2010, 09:50 AM
No.

FTW!

Bane
09-05-2010, 09:50 AM
The guy who wrote this probably ripped McDaniels for trading Jay Cutler because he was a "franchise QB". And McDaniels made the entire media look like a bunch of idiots and NOBODY in the media brings up the fact that Denver won one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history. When is the media going to learn that McDaniels is smarter than they are?

The only person he made out to be a idiot,is himself knowmo.

the Talking Can
09-05-2010, 09:51 AM
No.

Tebowmo

this is fun

Red Brooklyn
09-05-2010, 09:52 AM

I have little to no regard for the intellegence of 99% of the media.. but I'm still just not sure that's true.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-05-2010, 09:53 AM
After this year it's going to be McNoMo.

Bane
Tebowmo

this is fun

TornpectoralMo?

Red Brooklyn
Tornpectoralmo?

ROFL

Rain Man
09-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Jackson's only hope is to hold out next season too and then hope McDaniels trades a 1st round pick for him in 2012.

Red Brooklyn
09-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Jackson's only hope is to hold out next season too and then hope McDaniels trades a 1st round pick for him in 2012.

The deal is done!

Bwana
09-05-2010, 09:56 AM
People are so ignorant when it comes to the Broncos.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ReXuXfAIjj8/TGeP3GBfFNI/AAAAAAAABAo/F2PGT_r5CRU/s1600/08-jon-lovitz.jpg

DaKCMan AP
09-05-2010, 09:56 AM
NOBODY in the media brings up the fact that Denver won one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history.

um, wut? ROFL

the Talking Can
09-05-2010, 09:57 AM
TornpectoralMo?

mostcmoplicatedoffenseinthenflMo

Bane
09-05-2010, 09:58 AM
um, wut? ROFL

Guess he doesn't remember when Tampa traded for Gruden.Oh wait,hell he was in 3rd grade then.Never mind.ROFL

Bane
09-05-2010, 09:59 AM
mostcmoplicatedoffenseinthenflMo

AlldenverplayersareHOFboundMO.

LaChapelle
09-05-2010, 10:01 AM
If you don't have 9 rows of teeth
I suggest you get out of the water now
they be blood

Quesadilla Joe
um, wut? ROFL

When guys like Santonio Holmes go for a 5th round pick McDaniels managed to get two first round picks, a third round pick, and a better QB for Jay Cutler.

Pablo
jarvisgreenwasexpendablebecauseryanmcbeandevelopedintoastuddeMo

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-05-2010, 10:02 AM

ROFL McDaniels is dumber than a bag of hammers.

ForeverChiefs58
09-05-2010, 10:02 AM
this season will be more like OhNoMo and mo throughout the season.

Bane
09-05-2010, 10:03 AM
ROFL McDaniels is dumber than a bag of hammers.

That's an insult to the new hammer I just got!:mad:

ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-05-2010, 10:04 AM
DummervilMo

Ugly Duck
09-05-2010, 10:04 AM
When is the media going to learn that McDaniels is smarter than they are?

http://cdn0.entertonement.com/image/000/006/002/6002/medium_portrait.jpg?1283701858 "They're ignorant. They're just ignorant!"

Stinger
09-05-2010, 10:05 AM
NOBODY in the media brings up the fact that Denver won one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu180/Skyflyer231/lolwut.jpg

Pablo
You're all ignorant. You don't understand.

chiefzilla1501

Ha. Most lopsided trades... in NFL history???

Not Favre to Green Bay for a first rounder. Not the Herschel Walker trade which gave the Cowboys Emmitt, Russell Maryland, and Darren Woodson among others. No, it was Jay Cutler in exchange, essentially, for Kyle Orton, Robert Ayers, and Alphonso Smith. Give me a fucking break.

Quesadilla Joe
09-05-2010, 10:08 AM

Not Favre to Green Bay for a first rounder. Not the Herschel Walker trade which gave the Cowboys Emmitt, Russell Maryland, and Darren Woodson among others. No, it was Jay Cutler in exchange, essentially, for Kyle Orton, Robert Ayers, and Alphonso Smith. Give me a ****ing break.

I said one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history and the only one that was more lopsided was the Herschel Walker trade.

Alphonso Smith was not a part of the Cutler trade, Seattle wanted Denver's first round pick in 2010. We got Kyle Orton, Robert Ayers, Richard Quinn, Demaryius Thomas, and Tim Tebow out of the Cutler trade.

Pablo
09-05-2010, 10:08 AM

Not Favre to Green Bay for a first rounder. Not the Herschel Walker trade which gave the Cowboys Emmitt, Russell Maryland, and Darren Woodson among others. No, it was Jay Cutler in exchange, essentially, for Kyle Orton, Robert Ayers, and Alphonso Smith. Give me a ****ing break.LMAO

AlphonsoAyersProBowlTornPecMo

teedubya
09-05-2010, 10:10 AM
DumbHoMO

Bane
09-05-2010, 10:11 AM
LMAO

AlphonsoAyersProBowlTornPecMo

6-0toOHnoMO

Hootie
09-05-2010, 10:12 AM

it would have been pretty lopsided...

if the Broncos could draft anyone with actual talent

but props for getting Orton...a comparable talent to Cutler "allegedly"...

and draft picks so we could make fun of all the busts McDaniels is racking up!

Mr. Flopnuts
09-05-2010, 10:13 AM
6-0toOHnoMO

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Al Bundy
09-05-2010, 10:15 AM
I said one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history and the only one that was more lopsided was the Herschel Walker trade.

Alphonso Smith was not a part of the Cutler trade, Seattle wanted Denver's first round pick in 2010. We got Kyle Orton, Robert Ayers, Richard Quinn, Demaryius Thomas, and Tim Tebow out of the Cutler trade.

So.. in other words you got dogshitted on.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-05-2010, 10:19 AM
CockBloMo

Quesadilla Joe
09-05-2010, 10:20 AM
So.. in other words you got dogshitted on.

Mike Mayock said that Robert Ayers would be the best defensive player to come out of that draft when you look back at it 3 years after the draft.

Demaryius Thomas is a 6'4'' 230 pound WR with 4.3 speed and a 40 inch vertical. Those kinds of guys only come around once or twice in a decade.

And nothing needs to be said about Tim Tebow. The guy is the greatest college football player of alltime and guys like that only come around once in a lifetime.

Bane
09-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Mike Mayock said that Robert Ayers would be the best defensive player to come out of that draft when you look back at it 3 years after the draft.

Demaryius Thomas is a 6'4'' 230 pound WR with 4.3 speed and a 40 inch vertical. Those kinds of guys only come around once or twice in a decade.

And nothing needs to be said about Tim Tebow. The guy is the greatest college football player of alltime and guys like that only come around once in a lifetime.

Both points are complete bullshit and you know it.:rolleyes:

Al Bundy
09-05-2010, 10:24 AM

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Can't get on the field because of health.

Great college players are a 50/50 shot at being decent in the NFL. Tebow will be a decent back up, perfect 3rd stringer in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501

You definitely got Kyle Orton out of it. You definitely got Robert Ayers.

It's ridiculous to say they got Quinn, Thomas, and Tebow out of the trade. The Broncos drafted at #11, but traded away their #14 for Alphonso Smith who they now cut. That means that the Broncos' first round pick (Thomas) was essentially just a trade up of 3 spots. Given that the Broncos traded down to #13 for a 4th round pick, it's fair to say that the Broncos did NOT land Thomas with that pick. Instead, the "net" is only about a 4th round pick. Who'd you take with that 4th round pick? Eric Decker. Tebow isn't even in the equation.

You basically traded Jay Cutler for Ayers, Robert Quinn, and Eric Decker. Most lopsided trade in NFL history behind Herschel Walker. In a very distant third is the Packers trading their first round pick for Brett Favre.

Skyy God

LULZ.

Bust, injury prone, best college QB.

Bane
CockBloMo

GetSmashedBytheChiefsathomeMO.:thumb:

Bwana
09-05-2010, 10:25 AM

LMAO

You really are a freaken crackhead.

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/attachments/general-bike-related-topics/154396d1250423869-hayabusa-killer-crack_pipe.jpg

the Talking Can
09-05-2010, 10:28 AM

scientific proof that semen ingestion doesn't make you smarter

Bane
09-05-2010, 10:32 AM
scientific proof that semen ingestion doesn't make you smarter

He used to piss me off with this bullshit,but anymore it humors me to no end.Clearly he has no football knowledge outside of what he reads on twatter and wherever else on the internet.I can't imagine what it must be like to attempt to be a football fan and not know a goddamn thing for myself.

Crush
09-05-2010, 10:35 AM

1. Is Ayers still voluntarily letting his backups get 1st team snaps?

2. The same Demaryius Thomas that will continually miss extended periods of time due to an aggravating foot injury?

3. Too bad Tebow will revert back to his retarded football mechanics when the going gets tough.

the Talking Can
09-05-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm convinced he is a brilliant dupe account

Rain Man
09-05-2010, 10:36 AM
1. Is Ayers still voluntarily letting his backups get 1st team snaps?

He's a team player.

milkman
09-05-2010, 10:37 AM
He used to piss me off with this bullshit,but anymore it humors me to no end.Clearly he has no football knowledge outside of what he reads on twatter and wherever else on the internet.I can't imagine what it must be like to attempt to be a football fan and not know a goddamn thing for myself.

There was a car commercial a few years ago, in which a baby was in his car seat and he was singing a song (the voice thing with the baby's lips moving) while his dad was driving in inclement weather conditions.

The song ended something like "he's my big bad dad", and you see his dad, and he looks like 150 pound nerd.

That's what I think of when I see knowshit's love affair with McDumbass.

R8RFAN
09-05-2010, 10:38 AM

didn 't the Donks give up like 4 picks for Tebow?

Rain Man
09-05-2010, 10:40 AM

Yeah, but they would have been McDaniels' picks so they weren't worth much to start with.

chiefzilla1501
09-05-2010, 10:41 AM

Yeah, but most of them were from the Broncos trading down with their #11 pick.

Basically, the Broncos made some brilliant trades (e.g. Cutler trade / Demaryius Thomas), but these trades were offset by really stupid trade-ups (Tebow / Alphonso Smith).

Bane
09-05-2010, 10:42 AM
There was a car commercial a few years ago, in which a baby was in his car seat and he was singing a song (the voice thing with the baby's lips moving) while his dad was driving in inclement weather conditions.

The song ended something like "he's my big bad dad", and you see his dad, and he looks like 150 pound nerd.

That's what I think of when I see knowshit's love affair with McDumbass.

He definitely has a serious McBromance going on.
Seriously though,it wouldn't have mattered who Dungver brought in at HC.KnowMo would be just as annoying and twattering HOF creds for him no matter who it was,or how stupid they made themselves look.

siberian khatru
09-05-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm convinced he is a brilliant dupe account

I don't think any Chiefs fan is that smart.

But I'm pretty sure there are some Bronco fans who are that dumb.

R8RFAN
09-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeah, but most of them were from the Broncos trading down with their #11 pick.

Basically, the Broncos made some brilliant trades (e.g. Cutler trade / Demaryius Thomas), but these trades were offset by really stupid trade-ups (Tebow / Alphonso Smith).

meh, they draft like we did before they introduced Al to Purple Drank on draft day :D

Chiefs=Champions
09-05-2010, 10:50 AM
6-0toOHnoMO

Please Mods MAKE THIS HAPPEN!! ROFL

Bane
09-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Please Mods MAKE THIS HAPPEN!! ROFL

Just seemed right at the time!:D

Pablo
09-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm convinced he is a brilliant dupe accountI've said that for a while. It's probably one of the greatest dupes ever.