PDA

View Full Version : Football A.J. Smith vs Vincent Jackson: The Saga Continues...

T-post Tom
09-05-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm hoping for a protracted holdout and continued dysfunction for the Dolt Nation.

Source: Chargers trade demands blocked potential Vincent Jackson move

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 5, 2010 2:38 PM ET

Trading Vincent Jackson after yesterday's events is now much more difficult. It turns out that one team nearly completed a deal to acquire him before Saturday's soft deadline.

Florio contacted PFT headquarters from his family reunion to report that Jackson and an NFL team worked out a one-year deal yesterday, according to a league source. But the team and the Chargers couldn't agree on trade terms, scuttling the move for now.

We don't know what team tried to make the move. Seattle showed prior interest, and the Rams surfaced as a potential candidate during the day Saturday.

Yahoo! Sports reported that the Chargers previously asked for a second-round pick in 2011 and a third-round pick in 2012 in exchange for Jackson. That would likely be too expensive a price to pay if the team acquiring Jackson only got him on a one-year rental.

The lack of a move makes us wonder, once again, if the Chargers really want to trade Jackson at all.

UPDATE: It appears the Seahawks and Jackson continued to talk Saturday, although there is some dispute over the events of the day.

Buck
09-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Fuck him. He'll sign a one year deal with another team, but wouldn't take the Chargers initial tender offer. I hope he sits out the whole season and fucks his career, all because he wouldn't take the $3.3 million the Chargers offered him.

the Talking Can
09-05-2010, 02:02 PM
why should the chargers give him away?

Valiant
09-05-2010, 02:06 PM

They better get what they can for him..

Teams seem to be shying away from giving up anything significant to them..

T-post Tom
09-05-2010, 02:19 PM

I wouldn't suggest they give him away. But a 3 game suspension & 2 dui's = damaged goods. He's really diminished his value with "off-the-field" issues.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Fuck him. He'll sign a one year deal with another team, but wouldn't take the Chargers initial tender offer. I hope he sits out the whole season and fucks his career, all because he wouldn't take the $3.3 million the Chargers offered him.

I'd tell you how sorry I am, but I don't want to lie.

Buck
09-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I'd tell you how sorry I am, but I don't want to lie.

I dont care man. The Chargers don't owe him shit. He's a restricted FA and got a tender offer like the CBA says the Chargers have to offer him. He can eat a dick. Don't feel sorry for me.

Quesadilla Joe
09-05-2010, 02:53 PM
The Chargers wasted the past 5 seasons and now their Super Bowl window has closed.

Bane
09-05-2010, 02:54 PM
The Chargers wasted the past 5 seasons and now their Super Bowl window has closed.

STFU

Rausch
09-05-2010, 04:20 PM

The only problem with their SB window is their head coach is eating the paint chips off of it...