PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ravens love them some Dline

Mr. Laz
09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Defensive line: Haloti Ngata, Kelly Gregg, Cory Redding, Terrence Cody, Trevor Pryce, Paul Kruger, Brandon McKinney, Arthur Jones, Lamar Divens,

Kelly Talavou (injured reserve)

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/09/ravens_cut_graham_tsmith_among_others.html

RealSNR
09-05-2010, 03:11 PM
The most competent DT the Chiefs have had in 15 years is Chester McGlockton.

Fucking atrocious.

The Poz
09-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Then you go and put guys like Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Jameel McClain, Sergio Kindle and Jarret Johnson right behind them.
Is this fair?

the Talking Can
09-05-2010, 03:20 PM
weird, i didn't think the front 7 mattered in a 3-4.....

Chiefshrink
09-05-2010, 03:30 PM
We need their scouts:thumb:

bevischief
09-05-2010, 03:32 PM
We need their scouts:thumb:

Make it happen!

Mecca
09-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Oh great now the Patriot ball washers are gonna show up since you're talking about the Ravens.

RealSNR
09-05-2010, 03:33 PM
We need their scouts:thumb:Nah. What we really need is more brokedicks from Parcells tree-coached teams.

RealSNR
09-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Oh great now the Patriot ball washers are gonna show up since you're talking about the Ravens.Who? The only one I know is JD20934842 or whatever the hell his name is

Mecca
09-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Who? The only one I know is JD20934842 or whatever the hell his name is

You missed Pioli Zombie and Just Passin By if anyone mentions the Ravens or Packers being well run they show up like someone raped their mother to defend thy Patriot honor.

Chiefshrink
09-05-2010, 03:39 PM
The most competent DT the Chiefs have had in 15 years is Chester McGlockton.

****ing atrocious.

Haynesworth is the modern day McGlockton. Haynesworth is mediocre his first 5yrs of his 7yr contract only to play lights out his last 2yrs for the big payday in Wash. Then returns to mediocrity his 1st yr in Wash after getting the $$ and now crying like a "little bitch" because now he has to work harder as a NT in the 3/4.

Two guys with talent that can't be matched or stopped no matter what is thrown at them that is if they feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel like playin. Just damn sad:rolleyes:

RealSNR
09-05-2010, 03:42 PM
You missed Pioli Zombie and Just Passin By if anyone mentions the Ravens or Packers being well run they show up like someone raped their mother to defend thy Patriot honor.I've never seen any of those guys bitch about somebody holding up the Ravens/Packers examples of well-run teams.

I'll sit back and wait, though.

The Bad Guy
09-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Mecca..full of shit as usual.

doomy3
09-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I've never seen any of those guys bitch about somebody holding up the Ravens/Packers examples of well-run teams.

I'll sit back and wait, though.

That's because it doesn't happen. Mecca is the king of making shit up.

Mecca
You've really never seen that shit said?

You don't remember the whole "where are their bowls" argument being thrown out? The Eagles were part of it too.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Mecca..full of shit as usual.

Those guys do it all the time.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 03:47 PM
I enjoy how personal dislike of me, means I make shit up.

Kindly go fuck yourselves.

-King-
09-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Everyone agrees that the Ravens make the best personell decisions and have one of the best FOs in the NFL. I really haven't seen anyone say any different, so for now, it's just mecca making shit up.... as usual.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Everyone agrees that the Ravens make the best personell decisions and have one of the best FOs in the NFL. I really haven't seen anyone say any different, so for now, it's just mecca making shit up.... as usual.

:facepalm:

Ask anyone that's argued with the Patriot's trolls.

Mr. Laz
09-05-2010, 03:53 PM
when the chiefs were looking for a new GM there were rumors that Newsome might be leaving the Ravens.

Pioli and Newsome were the guys i wanted for the Chiefs

Pioli is off to a rough start ... Newsome is top notch evaluation guy imo.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 03:57 PM
The Patriots organization can't compare to the Ravens or Packers. - Mecca

This is what I find interesting. You always rank on the 90's Chiefs because, you know, they never won it all. Yet you constantly rave about the Ravens,Packers,and Eagles franchises. Since 2000 when the Ravens won their one SB, in the last 10 years, what have those 3 franchises done? The Eagles went to one SB. The Ravens have gotten to one AFC title game. The Packers haven't done anything. Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

"The Packers are model franchise of the NFL. Along with the Ravens"
-Mecca

And how exactly did I do that? Or you just saying it makes it so. So tell me how the Ravens and Eagles and Packers are the model and not the Patriots,Colts,and Steelers.
Tell me how Tavaris Jackson is better than Cassel.

Sure. Right. Sage Rosenfels. I'm sure Belichick and the folks in New England would agree with you.

You and the other dummies like you who think the Ravens and Eagles have been the model NFL franchises deserve each other. Oh, I forgot the Packers.

You frauds don't know shit.

Yep this shit was never said alright, before insulting me, have a better memory than a 90 year old with Alzheimer's disease.

RealSNR
09-05-2010, 03:59 PM

You don't remember the whole "where are their bowls" argument being thrown out? The Eagles were part of it too.I probably missed that thread. Take it easy. I wasn't doubting they ever said it. I've just never seen it.

DeezNutz
09-05-2010, 04:05 PM

You don't remember the whole "where are their bowls" argument being thrown out? The Eagles were part of it too.

Some Pats fans on this board have indeed taken exception to the Packers being used as a model for an exemplary organization. For example, PZ compared the Pack to the 90s Chiefs.

The lack of SB victories has been a point of contention.

I don't believe anyone has argued that these organizations are not "well run," so Mecca's first assertion was, literally, false, but his overall point is absolutely correct.

Edit: Oops, and the posts have been brought up. Never mind.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-05-2010, 04:06 PM
In no particular order, I look at San Diego, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh and the Patriots as the four best drafting teams in the NFL. However, given that you're ranking the Patriots 6th (which is well above average) when I said top 5, we really don't have any reason to continue this on any serious level.

However, if you think that the Giants and Ravens draft better than New England, you really need to take a look at their draft boards.

DeezNutz
09-05-2010, 04:07 PM
That was in response to one of my posts, I believe...

RealSNR
09-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Some Pats fans on this board have indeed taken exception to the Packers being used as a model for an exemplary organization. For example, PZ compared the Pack to the 90s Chiefs.

The lack of SB victories has been a point of contention.

I don't believe anyone has argued that these organizations are not "well run," so Mecca's first assertion was, literally, false, but his overall point is absolutely correct.

Edit: Oops, and the posts have been brought up. Never mind.It's only been about four seasons since the Packers "rebuilt" from that 4-12 season under Favre.

Zombie doesn't know shit. The Packers have just built a contender for 5, 6, maybe even 10 years. They're young, talented, well-coached, and they have the best QB in the NFL under 30 years old.

They did all that through drafting. Charles Woodson is the only significant free agent acquisition in those 3 years that they rebuilt.

Not good at drafting my fucking ass.

RealSNR
09-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Also, if Zombie wants to compare the Packers to the 90s Chiefs for not having won a Super Bowl, then he has to wait the ENTIRE period of when the Chiefs were good.

I'd say the Packers are about in the same position as the 92 Chiefs. If the Packers don't win a Super Bowl in seven seasons, then Zombie gets credit.

DeezNutz
09-05-2010, 04:17 PM
The Jets should be a strong point of comparison for this current Chiefs team. Both organizations were at a similarly inept place. Chiefs went Croyle,blah, blah, blah, and NY with with Favre and others.

Obviously the "rebuilds" (a fictitious term in the first place) have evolved, but both organizations were at similar starting points.

Yet one was in AFC title game, and one is spewing bullshit about "patience," "processes," and "trust."

doomy3
09-05-2010, 04:18 PM
It's only been about four seasons since the Packers "rebuilt" from that 4-12 season under Favre.

Zombie doesn't know shit. The Packers have just built a contender for 5, 6, maybe even 10 years. They're young, talented, well-coached, and they have the best QB in the NFL under 30 years old.

They did all that through drafting. Charles Woodson is the only significant free agent acquisition in those 3 years that they rebuilt.

Not good at drafting my ****ing ass.

Again, unless I am missing something, I haven't seen anyone say that "they aren't good at drafting."

The posts that I have seen, and that are in this thread, are that it is a stretch to call teams that haven't won the Super Bowl "model franchises" while downplaying the success of teams like New England and Pittsburgh, who have won multiple Super Bowls. I'm not really sure how this is a debate, honestly.

This is MUCH different than Mecca's original post in this thread, which was full of shit.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 04:19 PM
The Jets should be a strong point of comparison for this current Chiefs team. Both organizations were at a similarly inept place. Chiefs went Croyle,blah, blah, blah, and NY with with Favre and others.

Obviously the "rebuilds" (a fictitious term in the first place) have evolved, but both organizations were at similar starting points.

Yet one was in AFC title game, and one is spewing bullshit about "patience," "processes," and "trust."

1 is willing to spend money and 1 is not...keep that in mind.

DeezNutz
09-05-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't know anyone who has downplayed Pittsburgh's success, though. Obviously NE gets some (or lots of) shit for seemingly falling ass backwards into a QB, but that's, honestly, reductive and unfair.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 04:23 PM
The funny thing is the Patriots haven't had a good draft in 5 years, why is that even an argument?

doomy3
09-05-2010, 04:24 PM
I don't know anyone who has downplayed Pittsburgh's success, though. Obviously NE gets some (or lots of) shit for seemingly falling ass backwards into a QB, but that's, honestly, reductive and unfair.

Well, I would say that Mecca is downplaying Pittsburgh's success by default when he repeatedly says that Green Bay and Baltimore are the two models for success in the NFL, while leaving teams that have won Super Bowls completely out of that discussion.

doomy3
09-05-2010, 04:25 PM
The funny thing is the Patriots haven't had a good draft in 5 years, why is that even an argument?

Because winning the draft isn't as good as winning the Super Bowl. I would say a model franchise should be a team that has won multiple Super Bowls.

*Disclaimer: I am in no way saying the Packers or Ravens suck, and would love to have their teams.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Yea you know that's exactly what I said, I did say that NE was fading because they haven't draft well.

I didn't make any bad remarks about Pittsburgh or Indy, I said I thought in the last few years Green Bay and Baltimore had drafted better than them.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Because winning the draft isn't as good as winning the Super Bowl. I would say a model franchise should be a team that has won multiple Super Bowls.

*Disclaimer: I am in no way saying the Packers or Ravens suck, and would love to have their teams.

Lets be fair Green Bay and Baltimore are back to being much younger teams that recently acquired their QB's where NE, Indy and Pitt established a bit earlier so we'll see if they win bowls.

RealSNR
09-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Again, unless I am missing something, I haven't seen anyone say that "they aren't good at drafting."

The posts that I have seen, and that are in this thread, are that it is a stretch to call teams that haven't won the Super Bowl "model franchises" while downplaying the success of teams like New England and Pittsburgh, who have won multiple Super Bowls. I'm not really sure how this is a debate, honestly.

This is MUCH different than Mecca's original post in this thread, which was full of shit.I don't see anybody downplaying the successes of New England or Pittsburgh. At least not Pittsburgh. New England perhaps, mostly because people might be venting about Pioli and the stupid "Patriot way".

But shit... the Packers aren't a model franchise? They aren't a franchise that should be replicated? That's equally as retarded.

RealSNR
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM

*Disclaimer: I am in no way saying the Packers or Ravens suck, and would love to have their teams.Haven't had a good draft in 5 years.

Haven't won the Super Bowl in 5 years.

Hmmmmm.... I see a connection

Mecca
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Green Bays teams average age is younger than ours, they're a bowl contender while we're being sold this process shit, think about that.

RealSNR
09-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Green Bays teams average age is younger than ours, they're a bowl contender while we're being sold this process shit, think about that.They have a personnel staff that knows about QBs.

If we had a QB as successful as Rodgers, that would go a long way to the Chiefs being damn good. Combine our running game with a QB that can stretch it down the field?

OnTheWarpath15
09-05-2010, 04:44 PM
They have a personnel staff that knows about QBs.

If we had a QB as successful as Rodgers, that would go a long way to the Chiefs being damn good. Combine our running game with a QB that can stretch it down the field?

I'm still laughing at the clown who said this the other day:

"You could have put Peyton Manning on this team last year, and we would have only won 5-6 games."

ROFL

-King-
09-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm still laughing at the clown who said this the other day:

"You could have put Peyton Manning on this team last year, and we would have only won 5-6 games."

ROFL

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/10/22/1193106898_4918/300h.jpg Who said that?

OnTheWarpath15
09-05-2010, 04:51 PM
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/10/22/1193106898_4918/300h.jpg Who said that?

I don't recall, or I'd quote the post. It happened within the last week, IIRC.

Probably in one of the many threads about our ridiculously shitty QB situation.

I'm leaving for dinner in a few, so I don't have time to search.

But it was said, and comments making the same general point have been made several times over.

Mr. Laz
09-05-2010, 05:12 PM
vikings keeping several too

<table><tbody><tr class="loop-odd"><td class="col-jersey" rel="69">69 </td> <td class="col-name"> Allen, Jared (http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Jared-Allen/372f18d1-89f3-4118-af8c-0da6bbdb8f66) </td> <td class="col-position">DE</td> <td class="col-height">6-6</td> <td class="col-weight">270</td><td class="col-bd">28</td><td class="col-exp" rel="07"> 7 </td> <td class="col-college">Idaho State</td> </tr><tr class="loop-even"> <td class="col-jersey" rel="91"> 91 </td> <td class="col-name"> Edwards, Ray (http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Ray-Edwards/7e4cd59b-247e-4f0b-b016-860ea71a5a68) </td> <td class="col-position">DE</td> <td class="col-height">6-5</td> <td class="col-weight">268</td><td class="col-bd">25</td><td class="col-exp" rel="05"> 5 </td> <td class="col-college">Purdue</td> </tr><tr class="loop-odd"> <td class="col-jersey" rel="97"> 97 </td> <td class="col-name"> Griffen, Everson (http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Everson-Griffen/be0b51d8-2c2e-4b3d-822e-0138d64ad1de) </td> <td class="col-position">DE</td> <td class="col-height">6-3</td> <td class="col-weight">273</td><td class="col-bd">22</td><td class="col-exp" rel="00"> 0 </td> <td class="col-college">Southern Cal</td> </tr><tr class="loop-even"> <td class="col-jersey" rel="92"> 92 </td> <td class="col-name"> Mitchell, Jayme (http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Jayme-Mitchell/0d3f185c-1892-487a-8cd0-209135501ca4) </td> <td class="col-position">DE</td> <td class="col-height">6-6</td> <td class="col-weight">285</td><td class="col-bd">26</td><td class="col-exp" rel="05"> 5 </td> <td class="col-college">Mississippi</td> </tr><tr class="loop-odd"> <td class="col-jersey" rel="96"> 96 </td> <td class="col-name"> Robison, Brian (http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Brian-Robison/e06ffea9-5780-41f2-9eba-e63c89f200bc) </td> <td class="col-position">DE</td> <td class="col-height">6-3</td> <td class="col-weight">259</td><td class="col-bd">27</td><td class="col-exp" rel="04"> 4 </td> <td class="col-college">Texas</td> </tr><tr class="loop-even"> <td class="col-jersey" rel="90"> 90 </td> <td class="col-name"> Evans, Fred (http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Fred-Evans/1912c3d7-5d49-4f51-99c4-599ff7346d6d) </td> <td class="col-position">DT</td> <td class="col-height">6-4</td> <td class="col-weight">305</td><td class="col-bd">26</td><td class="col-exp" rel="05"> 5 </td> <td class="col-college">Texas State - San Marcos</td> </tr><tr class="loop-odd"> <td class="col-jersey" rel="98"> 98 </td> <td class="col-name"> Guion, Letroy (http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Letroy-Guion/056751fd-4251-48ac-ab12-f8122e423bb0) </td> <td class="col-position">DT</td> <td class="col-height">6-4</td> <td class="col-weight">303</td><td class="col-bd">23</td><td class="col-exp" rel="03"> 3 </td> <td class="col-college">Florida State</td> </tr><tr class="loop-even"> <td class="col-jersey" rel="71"> 71 </td> <td class="col-name"> Kennedy, Jimmy (http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Jimmy-Kennedy/9c97d07e-5265-4ee3-aa7f-38a2777fe6f7) </td> <td class="col-position">DT</td> <td class="col-height">6-4</td> <td class="col-weight">320</td><td class="col-bd">31</td><td class="col-exp" rel="08"> 8 </td> <td class="col-college">Penn State</td> </tr><tr class="loop-odd"> <td class="col-jersey" rel="93"> 93 </td> <td class="col-name"> Williams, Kevin (http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Kevin-Williams/1019c858-c682-4c9f-a7ba-b34b9b4e149f) </td> <td class="col-position">DT</td> <td class="col-height">6-5</td> <td class="col-weight">311</td><td class="col-bd">30</td><td class="col-exp" rel="08"> 8 </td> <td class="col-college">Oklahoma State</td> </tr><tr class="loop-even"> <td class="col-jersey" rel="94"> 94 </td> <td class="col-name"> Williams, Pat (http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Pat-Williams/c7acea89-76de-4fda-98ae-2bd156bd8ce4) </td> <td class="col-position">DT</td> <td class="col-height">6-3</td> <td class="col-weight">317</td><td class="col-bd">37</td><td class="col-exp" rel="14"> 14 </td> <td class="col-college">Texas A&M</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mecca
09-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Kevin and Pat Williams are suspended for the first 4 games they have to keep extras.