PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs cut someone to make room for NT Anthony Toribio

chief4life
09-05-2010, 04:10 PM
WR Quinten Lawrence released to make room for NT Anthony Toribio #Chiefs

from @JoshLooney

via Twitter Glad he is gone i think he should of been cut earlier.

FireDogg
09-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Anything has to be an improvement at the NT at this point. At least we're trying something

Deberg_1990
09-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Swiped him from the Packers practice squad?

chief4life
09-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Anything has to be an improvement at the NT at this point. At least we're trying something

I agree still hopeful we pick up the guy cut from the Giants.

Mr. Laz
09-05-2010, 04:23 PM
then it shall not happen

first rule of the chiefs - whatever the fans want, they do not get. Period.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Good. He was fucking worthless.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-05-2010, 04:26 PM
'09 Draft Class:

1. Jackson
3. Magee
4. Washington
5. Brown
6. Lawrence
7. O'Connell
7. Williams
7. Succop.

Going into the second year in the league, Brown never appeared on the roster for the team in a RS game, and never even made the PS

Williams has been cut twice

Washington and Magee were probably among the last to make the roster.

Lawrence has been cut twice.

Jackson is starting, and perhaps shouldn't be.

Succop is a slightly above average kicker

I say we find that shitcanned Pats scout and give him a raise.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 04:28 PM
'09 Draft Class:

1. Jackson
3. Magee
4. Washington
5. Brown
6. Lawrence
7. O'Connell
7. Williams
7. Succop.

Going into the second year in the league, Brown never appeared on the roster for the team in a RS game, and never even made the PS

Anyone who has ever defended that draft should have to be kicked in the nuts by about 100 people in a row.

Reaper16
09-05-2010, 04:32 PM
'09 Draft Class:

1. Jackson
3. Magee
4. Washington
5. Brown
6. Lawrence
7. O'Connell
7. Williams
7. Succop.

That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

DaFace
09-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Anyone who has ever defended that draft should have to be kicked in the nuts by about 100 people in a row.

Hey, I have no complaints on our second 7th round pick. Isn't that the way drafts are rated? ;)

JD10367
09-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Should HAVE been cut earlier. /GrammarCop

Mecca
09-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey, I have no complaints on our second 7th round pick. Isn't that the way drafts are rated? ;)

When your best pick in a draft is a kicker...that is a hurricane sized red flag.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2010, 04:40 PM
I think people are being too hard on Magee. He had a decent rookie season and he looked OK this preseason. He's probably not starting material but he can clearly get off a block and get after the passer in nickel packages. For a third round pick that isn't horrible.

But it is amusing how the 09 draft class is going down the tubes. If McCluster and Arenas turn out to be part time gimmicks, Pioli's first two drafts are gonna look pretty weak.

chief4life
09-05-2010, 04:56 PM
When your best pick in a draft is a kicker...that is a hurricane sized red flag.

I agree alot of last years draft picks are being cut not a good sign :shake:

googlegoogle
09-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Should HAVE been cut earlier. /GrammarCop

and more typing! :cuss:

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2010, 05:07 PM

The Chiefs wouldn't have been any worse off by keeping Connor Barth and using that pick elsewhere.

DaFace
09-05-2010, 05:14 PM
The Chiefs wouldn't have been any worse off by keeping Connor Barth and using that pick elsewhere.

ROFL...only you could find something to complain about with the very last pick of the draft. Especially when that pick becomes only the 4th one in NFL history to ever start a game when picked at that point.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 05:15 PM
ROFL...only you could find something to complain about with the very last pick of the draft. Especially when that pick becomes only the 4th one in NFL history to ever start a game when picked at that point.

Just remember, on this very site people wanted to use late picks on Wesley Woodyard, Dannell Ellerbee and Brandon Siler, if those had happened those 7th round and UDFA players would have made our MLB's significantly better than they are today.

Late picks do matter.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Just remember, on this very site people wanted to use late picks on Wesley Woodyard, Dannell Ellerbee and Brandon Siler, if those had happened those 7th round and UDFA players would have made our MLB's significantly better than they are today.

Late picks do matter.

Add to the fact that 7th round picks are helpful in trade up scenarios.

DaFace
09-05-2010, 05:17 PM

Late picks do matter.

I won't deny that, but the fact still stands that he's a contributing player whose success percentage was 12 percent higher than the guy we had before. You can play hypotheticals about "we could have had X" all day, but the fact of the matter is, there's no guarantee that we would have taken any of those guys (and probably wouldn't have). We got a contributor out of the pick - that's all you can really ask.

Dave Lane
09-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Amen. I see 3 7th rounders a 6 5 and a 4th. Seriously all of them are a long shot to make any big impact. It's at least 20-1 shot. Now McGee and Jackson should have been way better especially Jackson.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Amen. I see 3 7th rounders a 6 5 and a 4th. Seriously all of them are a long shot to make any big impact. It's at least 20-1 shot. Now McGee and Jackson should have been way better especially Jackson.

Teams that always miss in those rounds are teams that aren't that good, you need to hit on some late picks.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Teams that always miss in those rounds are teams that aren't that good, you need to hit on some late picks.

Hence 4-12, 2-14, 4-12

Mecca
09-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Find me a consistently good team that doesn't have late round contributing players.

Titty Meat
09-05-2010, 05:36 PM

Bath was a horrible kicker at Arrowhead.

Dave Lane
09-05-2010, 05:37 PM

Agree but I'll bet if you looked at rounds 4-7 for the Patriots in the last ten years it's bust city. A good year is when you hit on two of the 6 picks the Chiefs had. Most is one or none.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Toribio doesn't have any stats at NFL.com.

Titty Meat
09-05-2010, 05:44 PM

But he has the leadership of a youth pastor. Thats good enough.

Mecca
Agree but I'll bet if you looked at rounds 4-7 for the Patriots in the last ten years it's bust city. A good year is when you hit on two of the 6 picks the Chiefs had. Most is one or none.

The Pats drafts from the last 5 years in general are bust city, it's why their team is fading.

In their good years they got guys like Asante Samuel in the 4th round.

Titty Meat
I think you guys are too hard on the Pats drafts. Atleast the last few have been somewhat impressive from the games i've seen.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I think you guys are too hard on the Pats drafts. Atleast the last few have been somewhat impressive from the games i've seen.

From their last several drafts Mayo and their kicker are about all they got..the TE's from this years don't look bad...but it's like damn you guys had 800 picks where are the players?

Direckshun
09-05-2010, 05:47 PM

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS

I THINK THE CHIEFS CUT QUENTIN LAWRENCE FOR A GHOST

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Titty Meat
09-05-2010, 05:53 PM
From their last several drafts Mayo and their kicker are about all they got..the TE's from this years don't look bad...but it's like damn you guys had 800 picks where are the players?

I like McCourtey, Merriwether,Butler,Vollmer, Edelmen, Herandez, Gronkowski. Spikes is slow but he didn't look that bad and he's starting with the first team. There also great at stockpiling picks maybe they trade down too much but at the same time odds say they are more likely to hit a homerun with more picks.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I will say this it doesn't matter if you have 20 picks if you are hitting about .100 with those picks.

Merriweathers draft he's the only player left, their kicker, pretty sure he's the only player left. Plus their DL is going to kill them, I don't remotely understand how they've had all these picks and not done anything about that or their lack of pass rushers.

Dylan
09-05-2010, 05:58 PM

Hey, hey, hey! We need all the help we can get!

Give us one of your CBs... :D They look great!

Damn. Denver swiped our RB off waivers ... forcryinoudloud.... lol

Chiefaholic
09-05-2010, 06:11 PM
then it shall not happen

first rule of the chiefs - whatever the fans want, they do not get. Period.

They drafted Berry and I wanted him BAD. he must have been the exception to the general rule

ElGringo
09-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I like McCourtey, Merriwether,Butler,Vollmer, Edelmen, Herandez, Gronkowski. Spikes is slow but he didn't look that bad and he's starting with the first team. There also great at stockpiling picks maybe they trade down too much but at the same time odds say they are more likely to hit a homerun with more picks.

Damn, don't wanna be the grammar police, but please learn there, their and they're, took me a minute to understand which one you were using, and really broke up the thread for me.

(/rant)

Ralphy Boy
09-05-2010, 06:44 PM
The funny/sad part about the 2009 draft. Compared to the actual selections we made, our traded 2nd rounder was far and away our best pick.

:banghead:

googlegoogle
09-05-2010, 06:46 PM
There goes our future Austin Miles. Don't complain if he produces for another team.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I've been clowning AP members over this for an hour.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/9/5/1671581/wr-quinten-lawrence-released-to#comments

They will defend Pioli to the last breath.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I've been clowning AP members over this for an hour.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/9/5/1671581/wr-quinten-lawrence-released-to#comments

They will defend Pioli to the last breath.

As soon as I got to the spot where the guy says Stafford is "average" and called guys like Cushing, Raji and Crabtree nothing special, I stopped reading.

That site is full of complete idiots.

Titty Meat
09-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Damn, don't wanna be the grammar police, but please learn there, their and they're, took me a minute to understand which one you were using, and really broke up the thread for me.

(/rant)

You should protest my grammar by drinking a gallon of Mr.Clean fucktard.

Chiefshrink
09-05-2010, 07:22 PM

How in the hell can you give any type of grade to a draft class after just 1yr? Unless of course you cut everyone of them the next yr.

2yrs minimum 4yrs max

Give'em at least 2yrs under the belt making the 3rd yr the defining yr.

Titty Meat
09-05-2010, 07:23 PM
I will say this it doesn't matter if you have 20 picks if you are hitting about .100 with those picks.

Merriweathers draft he's the only player left, their kicker, pretty sure he's the only player left. Plus their DL is going to kill them, I don't remotely understand how they've had all these picks and not done anything about that or their lack of pass rushers.

It's a good thing the Chiefs had a billion picks a few years ago with misses like Cottam, Morgan, Franklin, ect.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Yet that draft has 5 starters...you get 5 starters out of any draft it's good.

The Chiefs most likely won't have 5 starters out of these last 2 drafts combined, ponder that.

Titty Meat
09-05-2010, 07:45 PM

The Chiefs most likely won't have 5 starters out of these last 2 drafts combined, ponder that.

Eh they wouldn't have 5 starters if they had the standard 7 picks that year which is my point. Still though should we compare Charles to Kris Wilson since he's only really a part time player? Theres no doubt Pioli fucked up last draft but i've been impressed with this years rookies so far.

keg in kc
09-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Wish they'd gotten more out of '09, but they didn't. Looks like Jackson and Succop are it out of that class. They may have 5 starters out of the last draft, though, if Moeaki manages to get and stay healthy, with Barry, McCluster, Asamoah, Moeaki and Lewis, and Arenas as nickel corner is already essentially a starter, too. I would be surprised if they weren't all playing significant time by the end of the year. I think Sheffield has a chance, as well, further down the road. As much as I didn't like '09 (and I didn't like anything about '09) I really like what they did this year.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Moeaki looks awesome. He had the best 1-catch preseason in the history of the NFL.

keg in kc
09-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Moeaki looks awesome. He had the best 1-catch preseason in the history of the NFL.I think I missed his one catch.

He's an enigma. I heard all through OTAs and camp how great he was and then he's hurt. Maybe he's the new Bigfoot, reports of sightings but I never get to witness it myself.

chiefzilla1501
09-05-2010, 08:41 PM

Nobody doubts that 2009 sucked ass.

But out of 2010, Berry and Asamoah are pretty much surefire starters. Kendrick Lewis and Tony Moeaki could start as soon as this season. And Javier Arenas and Dexter McCluster will likely contribute to about a starter level.

To say that this draft is going to yield 2 starters or less is the definition of misleading. 4-5 of those guys will have a significant role with this team and 1 of those guys could on the very big "if" he stays healthy.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2010, 08:48 PM
But out of 2010, Berry and Asamoah are pretty much surefire starters.

The ONLY guy who looks like a starter now is Berry. Asamoah had a lousy preseason. He should have challenged for a starting job.

The rest of these guys have a lot to prove before they "resemble surefire starters." Especially, Moeaki, the one-catch, injury-prone wonder.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2010, 08:48 PM
I think I missed his one catch.

He's an enigma. I heard all through OTAs and camp how great he was and then he's hurt. Maybe he's the new Bigfoot, reports of sightings but I never get to witness it myself.

This guy's got nothin' on Bigfoot.

He's more like the Loch Ness Monster.

chiefzilla1501
09-05-2010, 08:53 PM
The ONLY guy who looks like a starter now is Berry. Asamoah had a lousy preseason. He should have challenged for a starting job.

The rest of these guys have a lot to prove before they "resemble surefire starters." Especially, Moeaki, the one-catch, injury-prone wonder.

Surefire isn't the right word, but I think most feel pretty sure that he'll get his shit together and start. If not this year, then next year. I'm just commenting on Mecca's post that we'll likely only have 2 starters out of 2009 and 2010. If we're only talking about 2010 alone, there's a decent enough chance we could end up w/3-4 starters... and that's not including Arenas and McCluster, who aren't exactly backups--far from it. Moeaki's got a lot to prove, but I think Kendrick Lewis has proven quite a bit. He better be starting over McGraw.

Just pointing out how misleading mecca's comment was.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I think most feel pretty sure that he'll get his shit together and start. If not this year, then next year.

Based on what, sheer hope?

McCluster and Arenas look exactly like backups right now.

McCluster looks like a backup running back who can't hack it as a slot wide receiver, which still wouldn't be a starting position, but would be enough to justify his draft position.

Arenas looks like a backup corner who is a good punt returner.

Lewis, if he starts, will only start because we have shit at safety.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 08:56 PM
It's not misleading, kick returning nickelbacks are role players and not starters. If Tony Moeaki goes 5 minutes without getting injured it'll be the first time in his life..

Berry's a starter and the guard "should" start at some point, Lewis probably will we're up to 3 and McCluster is once again a role player.

On top of that who are we counting as starters from that other draft..Magee is never going to start, Tyson Jackson is bad enough that maybe he shouldn't be and counting a kicker as a starter is well a cheap starter.

And starter/contributing role player aren't the same thing. Brandon Flowers was a 2nd round CB, Arenas is a 2nd round CB one of them is great value one of them is not.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Brandon Flowers was a 2nd round CB, Arenas is a 2nd round CB one of them is great value one of them is not.

Pretty simple, really.

If Arenas is worth that draft slot, Carr should be sweating by season's end.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't see that happening...I do enjoy how this team put such high value on return man though meanwhile we'll challenge for worst run D in the league.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't see that happening...I do enjoy how this team put such high value on return man though meanwhile we'll challenge for worst run D in the league.

Come on, Mecca.

I've been told repeatedly that the defense has been really impressive in preseason.

LMAO

Mecca
09-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Come on, Mecca.

I've been told repeatedly that the defense has been really impressive in preseason.

LMAO

I really like some of the guys on this team but as long as the front 7 looks like this they won't be able to show what they have.

Coach
09-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I'll say give it 3 years before fully evaluating a draft class.
Posted via Mobile Device

boogblaster
09-05-2010, 09:06 PM
can this NT play or is he more fodder ....

Mecca
09-05-2010, 09:07 PM
There's also a such thing as a ceiling, Tyson Jackson's ceiling is the type of ceiling that 3rd round picks generally have...

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2010, 09:08 PM
There's also a such thing as a ceiling, Tyson Jackson's ceiling is the type of ceiling that 3rd round picks generally have...

Which means that Magee, like Jarron Gilbert, should have been cut.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 09:11 PM
If Gilbert catches on with a 3-4 team he'll be ok, he was never suited to play DT.

Titty Meat
09-05-2010, 09:14 PM

McCluster looks like a backup running back who can't hack it as a slot wide receiver, which still wouldn't be a starting position, but would be enough to justify his draft position.

Ole Miss was great without Lewis and Mccluster yesterday.

keg in kc
09-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Some day I'd like to see them pick somebody off waivers who doesn't make me think "who?" and/or "why?"

Although Chris Chambers last year wasn't too bad.

Mecca
09-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Ole Miss was great without Lewis and Mccluster yesterday.

Florida sucks ass without Tebow, that really isn't relevant to the pro game.

milkman
09-05-2010, 09:22 PM

I think Lewis should be starting, not because we have shit otherwise at saftey, but because he seems to have good instincts.

chiefzilla1501
09-05-2010, 09:24 PM
It's not misleading, kick returning nickelbacks are role players and not starters. If Tony Moeaki goes 5 minutes without getting injured it'll be the first time in his life..

Berry's a starter and the guard "should" start at some point, Lewis probably will we're up to 3 and McCluster is once again a role player.

On top of that who are we counting as starters from that other draft..Magee is never going to start, Tyson Jackson is bad enough that maybe he shouldn't be and counting a kicker as a starter is well a cheap starter.

And starter/contributing role player aren't the same thing. Brandon Flowers was a 2nd round CB, Arenas is a 2nd round CB one of them is great value one of them is not.

It is misleading. When your only criteria for draft success is "are you a starter," that's stupid. A slot receiver can gain about 500-600 yards and be considered effective. A 5-technique can average about 40 tackles and be effective. And on most teams, a good chunk of starters aren't game-changers. They're just guys who are good enough to avoid the big mistake.

I don't give a shit if they start. I care about whether they help this football team and if they make a noticeable impact. Moving from the worst to best return game and if (and a big if) we can finally shut down slot receivers in an NFL that is becoming increasingly spread-oriented and moving to much more 3-WR sets... that's more than just a support role. That's important. Even if McCluster can net between 500-700 yards and comes up with a few big plays, who the fuck cares if he's in on 100% of the snaps or 50%. If he makes big plays, contributes, and also gives Weis the opportunity to be a lot more deceptive in his playcalling, those are big contributions. Frankly, I don't get how McCluster is any more a role player than, say, a Terence Cody, who wouldn't be an every-down Tackle. Or Golden Tate, who will likely be a slot receiver.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Some day I'd like to see them pick somebody off waivers who doesn't make me think "who?" and/or "why?"

Considering the multiple arrests and threats from his "stalker" towards his wife, and his lack of football presence, it's no wonder that San Diego even decided to go into the season with him.

But it's all good now, since he divorced his wife and married his stalker.

I'm sure at age 32 and after signing a nice extension with the Chiefs, he'll be as good as new.

:rolleyes:

Mecca
09-05-2010, 09:26 PM
You shut down receivers with a pass rush not by drafting 50 CB's in a league that has rules that favor the offense in coverage.

Until the Chiefs have a pass rush and a competent front 7 they will continue to get passed and run upon.

chiefzilla1501
09-05-2010, 09:38 PM
You shut down receivers with a pass rush not by drafting 50 CB's in a league that has rules that favor the offense in coverage.

Until the Chiefs have a pass rush and a competent front 7 they will continue to get passed and run upon.

First of all, there are plenty of really good defenses that are a lot more talented in the secondary than they are up front. The Bengals, Packers, and Jets are classic examples. Those teams aren't bad up front, but their greatest strengths by a mile are in their secondaries. And there are plenty of teams that are very good up front, but struggled because they can't stop the pass. Philly was a mess without Lito Sheppard, Brian Dawkins, and Sheldon Brown. Dallas is another example.

Point being, of course we need better play up front and that takes priority. But a Nickel Back is extremely important in our 5-year plan. We're not going to win without one--not in this league. So what does it matter if it was today or tomorrow that we got the guy we want?

Mecca
09-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Uh..The Bengals secondary is ok, their safeties are piss poor, I think their front 7 is a little better than their secondary.

Also the Packers are talented in general but if you were listing out needs CB is the first one that comes to mind. I think that's highly arguable where the Packers are better at. Sure Woodson and Collins are top of the line players but Atari Bigby is probably getting replaced by a 2nd rounder and they have issues at the other CB spot.

What I find interesting about that entire post is Dallas has a better front 7 than Cincy does and their secondary is basically the same thing 2 good CB's and blah safeties so what kind of point was this trying to make again?

Psyko Tek
09-05-2010, 09:55 PM

returns are exciting
a great run D just stops things from happening

it's not fun
it's not shiny

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Remember when the Bengals won the 09 draft

1 Andre Smith
Hurt his first year and an interesting thread about his preseason play this year: http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?p=1719787

2 Rey Maualuga
pretty productive but not overwhelmingly impressive in his rookie season. Got injured late last season, but is a starter nonetheless. DUI in 2010 at over twice the legal limit was his second arrest---first for DUI

3a Michael Johnson
Had 3 sacks last year, but here's a high 3rd rounder who is still on the bench. Should get a lot of playing time though and this shoud be a telling year for him

3b Chase Coffman
don't really have to put anything here...well ok...practice squad

4 Jonathan Luigs C
Cut this year. 1 year with team. I believe he had some injury issues

5 Kevin Huber P
starting, but is a punter. 28th in Net punting, middle of the pack for Inside 20

6a Trent Morgan CB
not a starter, but not a bad role player

6b Bernard Scott RB
good backup by all accounts. Supposed to compete for a starting job one day

7a Fui Vakapuna FB
Has yet to make team, though might luck out with IR this year

7b Freddie Brown WR
Vikings practice squad

recap:
10 players drafted
6 on 53 man roster....1 on IR (gift)...1 on practice squad
2 starters (3 counting the Punter)

Scott may save this class eventually

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Remember when the Bengals won the 09 draft

I don't recall anyone on Chiefsplanet, let alone the football media, declaring the Bengals winning anything in regards to the draft.

Scott may save this class eventually

Please explain.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Please explain.

http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/uploaded_images/hp5/400/dumbledore.jpg

09-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't recall anyone on Chiefsplanet, let alone the football media, declaring the Bengals winning anything in regards to the draft.

Please explain.

bernard scott...

talking about the Bengals....not Pioli

Chiefs 09 class is already done for

Titty Meat
09-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Florida sucks ass without Tebow, that really isn't relevant to the pro game.

Sure it is those guys were impact players and Florida doesn't suck it wasn't Brantley who was fucking up.

Mecca
09-06-2010, 01:13 AM
I don't think anyone declared the Bengals the draft winner, Smith was questionable, their 2nd and 3rd round picks however were good picks so people liked those.

I'm trying to remember which drafts I liked the best right after the draft. I really liked the Giants draft I remember that one. Baltimore, Green Bay the usual suspects.

Actually if you want to use a team as an example that was declared the draft winner following the 2009 draft, it's the Eagles not the Bengals, pretty sure everyone loved all their picks.

jAZ
09-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Wish they'd gotten more out of '09, but they didn't. Looks like Jackson and Succop are it out of that class. They may have 5 starters out of the last draft, though, if Moeaki manages to get and stay healthy, with Barry, McCluster, Asamoah, Moeaki and Lewis, and Arenas as nickel corner is already essentially a starter, too. I would be surprised if they weren't all playing significant time by the end of the year. I think Sheffield has a chance, as well, further down the road. As much as I didn't like '09 (and I didn't like anything about '09) I really like what they did this year.

It was offered up as an excuse at the time, and history would seem to suggest it was true... in '09, we were working mostly with the draft info from the former regime's scouting staff/reports. In '10, we finally were able to have in place a full scouting staff from Pioli for a full draft season.

If that is in fact the case, and the '09 draft was indeed a horrible bust, that doesn't necessarily mean that Pioli = horrible bust. Not at all, in fact.

BossChief
09-06-2010, 02:04 AM
As soon as I got to the spot where the guy says Stafford is "average" and called guys like Cushing, Raji and Crabtree nothing special, I stopped reading.

That site is full of complete idiots.Just flippin ya a little shit, but I remember you saying how you would have rather taken Darius Heyward Bey over Crabtree before the draft.

There are a lot of idiots on that site, but everyone makes mistakes.

I bet by years end that at least 6 players from the last two drafts are solid starters for us.

Jackson (never will live up to his draft position, but will play solid football for us by the end of the year IMO under this coaching staff)
Succop (tied the NFL rookie record for field goal accuracy, missed NO kicks under 40 yards and only one kick all year under 50 yards. 2-5 from 50+)
Berry
Lewis
Moeaki
Asamoah

DMC and Arenas will both play more than half the snaps and play pivotal roles for us on special teams as well.

The like the 10 draft class as much as I dislike the 09 draft class.

Mecca
09-06-2010, 02:46 AM
Actually what I said was I wouldn't take Crabtree top 10 when Nicks is going to go in the bottom of the 1st round and they are virtually the same player.

I still stand by that today after their rookie years. Michael Crabtree is not 20 some slots better than Hakeem Nicks, hell he may not even be better.

BossChief
09-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Actually what I said was I wouldn't take Crabtree top 10 when Nicks is going to go in the bottom of the 1st round and they are virtually the same player.

I still stand by that today after their rookie years. Michael Crabtree is not 20 some slots better than Hakeem Nicks, hell he may not even be better.well, if you insist:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5692734&postcount=79

Maybe I'm weird but if I had a pick of WR and TE...I'd take Heyward-Bey and Cook over Crabtree and Coffman.

I thought I remember reading that.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-06-2010, 07:37 AM
I understand the criticism of last year's draft. I disagree on some of the finer points, but it clearly wasn't a good draft.

After 4 preseason games, I don't understand the bashing of the Chiefs draft this year.

The first three picks all look like they will contribute great things in their first year.

McCluster has looked like a more versatile version of Wes Welker. He is a threat from the backfield, the slot and both of the return positions. So far, he is everything the Chiefs had hoped. I don't understand the criticism here. Given our QB's penchant for checking down.... this guy will be an integral part of the Chiefs passing game and a big time play maker.

Arenas has been electric in the return game. He is the same size as Flowers, only a little heavier. I can see him playing an awful lot in the nickel.

The Chiefs have lacked playmakers. These two are game changing types of players. I just don't understand the criticism. Especially, not now that they have shown it in the preseason.

Now, moving on.... Asamoah has looked like a solid third rounder.

We all know that the only concern about Moeaki is his ability to stay healthy. This was a gamble here... but, a first round talent for a third round pick seems to be worth the gamble. One could argue that the Chiefs don't have the option to gamble given their lack of good players. I would tend to agree. But, it is a gamble I would take on most teams. I won't bash them for it.

Kendrick Lewis has looked pretty good so far. He lacks speed, but he has good instincts, and I don't see a problem with this pick whatsoever.

I won't sit here and lobby for Sheffield, because I don't know enough about him and he hasn't stood out, yet.

But, overall, the 2010 draft looks good to me.

mcaj22
09-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey will never amount to picks 3 and 5 overall, 30+ million garunteed dollars worth of playing talent. What we invested in these guys they should be fucking stars and almost pro bowl type talent, or at least show flashes of it.

But they don't. They are serviceable at best if that, and they will be like that this year, next year, and five years from now. We as fans have to accept that, it's a shame our d-line is so bad seeing as 2 of the top 5 highest paid players on the team play on it.

Reaper16
09-06-2010, 09:33 AM
well, if you insist:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5692734&postcount=79

Maybe I'm weird but if I had a pick of WR and TE...I'd take Heyward-Bey and Cook over Crabtree and Coffman.

I thought I remember reading that.
I'd rather have Heyward-Bey than Crabtree, too. Heyward-Bey has upside.

SAUTO
09-06-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't think anyone declared the Bengals the draft winner, Smith was questionable, their 2nd and 3rd round picks however were good picks so people liked those.

I'm trying to remember which drafts I liked the best right after the draft. I really liked the Giants draft I remember that one. Baltimore, Green Bay the usual suspects.

Actually if you want to use a team as an example that was declared the draft winner following the 2009 draft, it's the Eagles not the Bengals, pretty sure everyone loved all their picks.

Actually i think some did.

SAUTO
09-06-2010, 10:00 AM
yeah there are TONS of posts where people said they loved the draft, the bengals killed it, the bengals pwned, do a search.

you were all over their nuts mecca.

Coach
09-06-2010, 10:03 AM
yeah there are TONS of posts where people said they loved the draft, the bengals killed it, the bengals pwned, do a search.

you were all over their nuts mecca.

Well, not doubting your word, but it would be a wise idea to provide the link for the person(s) in question that said they loved the bengals killed it, loved it, etc.

Reaper16
09-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I remember the Bengals draft being praised for taking value at nearly every pick.

SAUTO
09-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Well, not doubting your word, but it would be a wise idea to provide the link for the person(s) in question that said they loved the bengals killed it, loved it, etc.

yeah i did but the post got fucked up.

hell there's even a thread about it

give me a sec

SAUTO
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM

i hope these are enough, there ARE more though

The Giants and Eagles consistently win at the draft and the Bengals just rocked the house.

That's just it. For those of us that are disappointed, it's not about who we picked. It's about who else was on the board at the time we made the pick.

For instance, look at the Bengals draft. I like what they did. Also I like the Giants and the Eagles drafts.

Oh, great. I just noticed that the Bengals (who had a sick draft) signed Daniel Skuta from GVSU, another player I've advocated for in this thread.

The Bengals are pwning this draft. Bernard Scott is a fucking great pick.

Eagles, Ravens, Patriots, Bears and Bengals are tearing it up in this draft.

There's nothing quiet about the Bengals Draft.
They're kicking ass and taking names!!!

Andre Smith
Rey Maualuga
Michael Johnson
Chase Coffman
Jonathan Luigs

All 5 of these guys are starting-caliber draftees.

Five top talents in the first four rounds. A lot of people might not like the Andre Smith pick, but if he can get his shit together, they might have the top draft this year.

Round 1, Pick 6 (6) Andre Smith OT 6'4" 332 Alabama

Pick Analysis:Marvin Lewis has stated that he wants to get back to running the football, and Smith gives the Bengals a dominating offensive tackle to run behind. Though he had a series of mishaps in the run up to the draft, there is no denying that Smith is one of the best tackle prospects in the draft.

Round 2, Pick 6 (38) Rey Maualuga ILB 6'2" 249 Southern Cal

Pick Analysis:After surprisingly dropping out of the first round, Maualuga lands with the Bengals at No. 38. The high-motor playmaker from USC gives Marvin Lewis a heavy hitter at middle linebacker. With last year's top pick (Keith Rivers) coming back from an injury, the Bengals have a pair of young and athletic linebackers to anchor the middle of the defense.

Round 3, Pick 6 (70) Michael Johnson DE 6'7" 266 Georgia Tech

Pick Analysis:The Bengals pick up an edge rusher with first-round talent with their selection of Johnson. A tall, rangy athlete with explosive quickness, Johnson has the ability to run down quarterbacks from the backside. Though he doesn't play with great effort at all times, he has the potential to be an impact player as a situational pass rusher.

Round 3, Pick 34 (98) (Compensatory selection) Chase Coffman TE 6'6" 244 Missouri

Pick Analysis:A foot injury prevented him from probably being drafted higher. He's an excellent receiving tight end, but he'll have to learn how to block. He has outstanding hands and will be one of those move-type tight ends. His father was an All-Pro tight end with the Packers. His coach at Missouri said Coffman is the one guy who will go to the NFL and be good right away.

Round 4, Pick 6 (106) Jonathan Luigs C 6'4" 301 Arkansas

Pick Analysis:Cincy needed a center and looked at all of them. The Bengals staff coached at the Senior Bowl saw Luigs quite a bit. He was a four-year starter and was the center of the year in 2007. Some people feel he tailed off, but he has made all the calls at the line. The question is, how is he going to handle the power nose tackles? He may have to hit the weight room a bit to handle the Ravens and Steelers defenses.
Round 5, Pick 6 (142)
Round 6, Pick 6 (179)
Round 6, Pick 36 (209) (Compensatory selection)
Round 7, Pick 6 (215)
Round 7, Pick 40 (249) (Compensatory selection)
Round 7, Pick 43 (252) (Compensatory selection)

The Bengals are killing this draft.

Bengals keep kicking ass in this draft.

Bengals take Michael Johnson.

I like their draft a lot.

Bengals are having a damn good draft.

Bengals, Jaguars and Texans have done pretty well.

Frankie
09-06-2010, 11:14 AM
'09 Draft Class:
Succop is a slightly above average kicker.

Common Hamas. Succop so far has been better than that. But anyway, isn't it sad that the the highlight of our '09 draft is the last player chosen in the entire draft?:(

Frankie
09-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I think people are being too hard on Magee. He had a decent rookie season and he looked OK this preseason. He's probably not starting material but he can clearly get off a block and get after the passer in nickel packages. For a third round pick that isn't horrible.

For a team like us, especially when the GM forces an immediate change in the defensive system, the first 3 rounds of picks must be starter material.

Frankie
09-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Hence 4-12, 2-14, 4-12

Damn, I hope this is not a pattern. We may be looking at a 2-14 season coming up.:eek:

Reaper16
09-06-2010, 11:34 AM
i hope these are enough, there ARE more though
None of those posts declare the Bengals as the outright winner of the draft, which is what the original charge was.

-King-
09-06-2010, 11:49 AM

What upside does he have over crabtree?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
09-06-2010, 12:07 PM
What upside does he have over crabtree?
Posted via Mobile Device
The physical attributes, speed namely, that the Raiders so prized in Heyward-Bey give him a higher ceiling. Crabtree seems maxed out, is slow, is a poor route-runner. Heyward-Bey has a better chance of busting than Crabtree but also a much better chance at becoming an elite player.

RedThat
09-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Common Hamas. Succop so far has been better than that.

I agree Succop is one good kicker.

But anyway, isn't it sad that the the highlight of our '09 draft is the last player chosen in the entire draft?:(

Sure. If you choose to look at it that way, then yeah it is miserable.
But what is the sense? It's done, it's over with. Nothing we can do about it, that draft is history. Can we just move on?

*Anyway, it's great to see we got a kicker. I've wanted one for years because I felt this franchise never had a really good one for a long time. Now we have one. Thank you lord.

-King-
09-06-2010, 12:11 PM
The physical attributes, speed namely, that the Raiders so prized in Heyward-Bey give him a higher ceiling. Crabtree seems maxed out, is slow, is a poor route-runner. Heyward-Bey has a better chance of busting than Crabtree but also a much better chance at becoming an elite player.

Eh, Heyward Bey will never have a 1k season in his career.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
09-06-2010, 12:12 PM

I'd rather have Crabtree he played well with a shitty QB. You what they say if "I buy a lottery ticket I have the chance to be a millionare". Thats how I feel about Heyword-Bey he was a 2nd round talent not a first.

The Bad Guy
09-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I don't know why in the hell people would rather have Hey-Bey over Crabtree. Crabtree runs great routes, has better hands. The speed thing is overrated when you have stonehands.

RedThat
09-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I don't know why in the hell people would rather have Hey-Bey over Crabtree. Crabtree runs great routes, has better hands. The speed thing is overrated when you have stonehands.

At the end of the day, it really comes down to who is the more polished player? I'll take Crabtree 9x out of 10 over Heyward Bey.

Heyward Bey's speed is overemphasized because we all know Al Davis is infatuated by speed.

Reaper16
09-06-2010, 01:06 PM
I'd rather have Crabtree he played well with a shitty QB. You what they say if "I buy a lottery ticket I have the chance to be a millionare". Thats how I feel about Heyword-Bey he was a 2nd round talent not a first.
I agree with you, more or less. I personally wouldn't have touched either one until the second round.

SAUTO
09-06-2010, 01:47 PM
None of those posts declare the Bengals as the outright winner of the draft, which is what the original charge was.

well i guess if you want it word for word im sorry but pwning and winning arent too far off.

and ill have to search again but the first time im pretty sure i saw a post calling them winners.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
09-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Getting back on topic, is this guy the only signing we've had off the wire?

If so, we are dreadfully thin on the OL, and not much better off on the DL.

Frankie
09-06-2010, 05:07 PM

The Chiefs have a tendency to make those kind of picks out of mid-season desperation. It seems they almost never make necessary free agent picks in the off-season geared to preparing the team for the season beforehand. Instead of being active rebuilding the team they are almost always reactive. It is very very frustrating.

SAUTO
09-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Getting back on topic, is this guy the only signing we've had off the wire?

If so, we are dreadfully thin on the OL, and not much better off on the DL.

as far as i could find, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
The like the 10 draft class as much as I dislike the 09 draft class.

This. 09 was a great opportunity missed. A lot of folks blame the bad 09 draft on the fact that Pioli did not have his own scouts. If that were really the case, then (in retrospect of course) we would have done a hell of a lot better if he had traded all of the 09 draft picks to other teams for '10 picks. He could have almost fill all our holes in one ('10) draft.

I wonder if there is ANY GM in the NFL with balls to do something out of the box like that. :hmmm:

OnTheWarpath15
09-06-2010, 05:18 PM
as far as i could find, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn.

Hope they aren't waiting until Week 2 so they don't have to guarantee salary.

Christ, the payroll is around $60M for the season. If there's someone out there they want, they should grab them no, instead of potentially being sniped by another team.

If there's not anyone else out there they want, Gold help us.

SAUTO
09-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Damn.

Christ, the payroll is around $60M for the season. If there's someone out there they want, they should grab them no, instead of potentially being sniped by another team.

LMAO.

i can see your point.

one positive about the o line is that we have so many that can play multiple positions.

d line?? IDK
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
09-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Sure. If you choose to look at it that way, then yeah it is miserable. But what is the sense? It's done, it's over with. Nothing we can do about it, that draft is history. Can we just move on?

In most parts of life I am with you on that point. But fan is short for fanatic. Passion and feeling is a big ingredient in how we react to these things, as it should be.

RedThat
09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
In most parts of life I am with you on that point. But fan is short for fanatic. Passion and feeling is a big ingredient in how we react to these things, as it should be.

True. Hopefully the con of being a fan doesn't bring your day down.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Damn.

The "Clark Hunt is cheap" rap has to be gaining some momentum.

Again, this is a bad football team. 620 players were cut from other teams, and our scouts, who Pioli said last year attend every PS game, saw it fit to pick up 1 guy among those 620 cuts.

bevischief
09-06-2010, 05:35 PM

Again, this is a bad football team. 620 players were cut from other teams, and our scouts, who Pioli said last year attend every PS game, saw it fit to pick up 1 guy among those 620 cuts.

:facepalm:

DaneMcCloud
09-06-2010, 10:27 PM

It's fucking hilarious.

I was in New York in October 2008 for the Jets-Chiefs game.

I dropped some details about with whom I met and with whom I was sitting with at the game, and also happened to mention the opinion of other owners around the league in regards to Clark Hunt.

Cheap. No passion for football. Business.

From that point, fucking Claythan starts attacking me, as did a few others (Dumb fucking cunts, of course).

Fast forward to Opening Day, 2009. Chiefs payroll? $88 million.

SALARY CAP FLOOR.

Fuck you, Clay.

09-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd like to see some research that supports the idea that being the vulture of the NFL is productive way to build a winning team. I'm not saying the research doesn't exist or that there are not players I'd like to see replace a certain 7 or 8 guys on the chiefs.... But it's a reach to really get upset about this. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how a ton of Jamon Merediths help this team's future. I'm not against stop-gap salary casualties either, but we already have Thomas Jones

BossChief
09-06-2010, 11:57 PM
I'd like to see some research that supports the idea that being the vulture of the NFL is productive way to build a winning team. I'm not saying the research doesn't exist or that there are not players I'd like to see replace a certain 7 or 8 guys on the chiefs.... But it's a reach to really get upset about this. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how a ton of Jamon Merediths help this team's future. I'm not against stop-gap salary casualties either, but we already have Thomas Jones

Oh fuck

:facepalm:

Just fucking look at our roster after the first 20 or so players...that being generous.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2010, 12:04 AM

You are right that you won't build a Super Bowl winner on the backs of waiver wire pickups, but think about this:

Tony Richardson was waiver wire trash for this team, as were Brian Waters and Casey Wiegmann.

3 of the 11 guys on the best offense we ever had were guys that other teams released that we picked up. In Waters' and Richardson's case, they were shitcanned as rookies.

09-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Fuck you and your facepalm, dickshit. Worst emoticon ever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2010, 12:11 AM
If you look back at the Colts 2006 SB team, Gary Brackett, Nick Harper, Jeff Saturday, and Raheem Brock were either UDFAs or rookie waiver wire pickups by the Colts, as were Willie Parker and James Harrison for the Steelers.

The fact of the matter is that you can't fill every hole with 7 draft picks a year. You have to be able to not only scout UDFAs in May, but also other teams' cuts during the final cut down.

You aren't going to find Peyton Manning doing that, but you can find valuable role players, and in rarer cases solid starters and even Pro Bowlers.

09-07-2010, 12:24 AM
You are right that you won't build a Super Bowl winner on the backs of waiver wire pickups, but think about this:

Tony Richardson was waiver wire trash for this team, as were Brian Waters and Casey Wiegmann.

3 of the 11 guys on the best offense we ever had were guys that other teams released that we picked up. In Waters' and Richardson's case, they were shitcanned as rookies.

I understand that. When you have one of the best offenses in the history of the NFL...it probably means you got lucky in some areas. That's not all too common. Or maybe it's more common than I think.... But it's a 95% chance that the guys just end up going from team to team before their 4 year window is up. I agree... I would like to see the chiefs bring in up to 8 new faces...but that's just because the chiefs have been so awful in developing their own talent in the last decade. Still, I don't see the optimism in it

09-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Also... Is there a greater rate of James Harrisons on super bowl teams than say a Pierre Thomas?

Another thing worth mentioning.... How many of the successful waiver wire guys were given roster spots by another team after final cuts? No doubt that a good number of these 600+ players will go on to have success with other teams, but that's likely after they spend a camp or two with that team starting next year. It's then that coaches will find them roles. Most teams don't wanna give up a roster spot to an unfamiliar project.

BossChief
09-07-2010, 01:10 AM
For a team like ours, with half the roster being devoid of talent, we should have picked up at least 3-4 guys off the wire that would keep the back end of our roster churning so that we have a chance at finding that diamond in the rough. Otherwise, it makes the perception that we truly aren't trying...or that we are truly happy with the way the current roster sits.

Either scenario is very disheartening...wouldn't you agree?

I find it hard to swallow that with how bad our roster is that the only guy we have picked up to improve it, is a guy NOBODY has even heard of.

BossChief
09-07-2010, 01:19 AM

LOL Are you trying to make a point that Crabtree has no potential to be an elite receiver in the NFL?

And Heyward-Bey has that type of potential?

Seriously?

If so, WOW!

milkman
09-07-2010, 01:22 AM
For a team like ours, with half the roster being devoid of talent, we should have picked up at least 3-4 guys off the wire that would keep the back end of our roster churning so that we have a chance at finding that diamond in the rough. Otherwise, it makes the perception that we truly aren't trying...or that we are truly happy with the way the current roster sits.

Either scenario is very disheartening...wouldn't you agree?

I find it hard to swallow that with how bad our roster is that the only guy we have picked up to improve it, is a guy NOBODY has even heard of.

Never heard of him, but I figured out what Pioli likes about him.

Signed as an UDFA last year by Miami.

BossChief
09-07-2010, 01:27 AM
Never heard of him, but I figured out what Pioli likes about him.

Signed as an UDFA last year by Miami.

are you on strike?

seriously though, some of us (myself included) spend 2-4 hours on most days on here reading and commenting on Chiefs and NFL dealings and I hadnt even ever heard the guys name before.

09-07-2010, 01:37 AM
NOBODY. Like Brandon Carr.... He doesn't even have a draft profile OMG!

To me it's like this... We're complaining about keeping Travis Daniels over some other guy who will likely wash out. I was reading the old draft thread and it's apparent that some people take themselves way too seriously when it comes to talent evaluation. One post was particularly funny. OTWP, raging from the selection of Colin Brown, said that taking Brown ahead of (names three guys) was "inexcusable!" Now Brown ended up being a terrible pick and true WTF moment, but the three guys he mentioned have already been released by other teams. So...inexcusable? really? Now sometimes they'll get it right... like siler or something.... but you just don't know. The waiver wire is the same way. Just as likely as picking up a stud...we'll give away a Joe horn or Bernard Pollard. That said, ocallahan doesn't need to be here....anybody else you could probably make a case for.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2010, 01:43 AM
McCluster has looked like a more versatile version of Wes Welker. He is a threat from the backfield, the slot and both of the return positions. So far, he is everything the Chiefs had hoped.

Why has no one addressed this post?

McCluster has done jack shit from the slot and we're already comparing him to Welker? Right now he is a gimmick out of the backfield. He has a lot to prove. Remember, he was NOT a wide receiver in college.

Now, moving on.... Asamoah has looked like a solid third rounder.
Based on what? He had a horrible preseason.

Titty Meat
09-07-2010, 01:50 AM

McCluster has done jack shit from the slot and we're already comparing him to Welker? Right now he is a gimmick out of the backfield. He has a lot to prove. Remember, he was NOT a wide receiver in college.

He played some WR in college. I feel as though your lack of college football knowledge can hurt you at times.

chiefzilla1501
09-07-2010, 05:39 AM

Again, define "gimmick." Why do you keep using the word? Is he being used on a bunch of trick plays? Is he only there to run the wildcat?

He's playing conventional positions. Right now, we know he can be an effective runner and effective catching balls on screens--that's no gimmick. If he can play the slot well, then that makes him multi-dimensional. I don't understand why being a jack of all trades is considered a gimmick. The only gimmick is that you never know where he's going to line up until the ball is snapped.

chiefzilla1501
09-07-2010, 05:47 AM

I agree. I'd also like to see some research that supports the idea that teams are built off of free free agency and waiver wire pickups. Do people really think the front office is too cheap because we're not picking up an $850,000 1-year contract waiver wire guy?

99% chance a waiver wire guy will never be anything more than a 1-year contributor or roster bubble guy. We can bitch all we want about payroll, but the reason the Chiefs lose is not because they're cheap, but because they haven't drafted well in years.

Marcellus
09-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Can someone name 1 significant contributing waiver wire pick for any team last year?

SenselessChiefsFan
09-07-2010, 06:53 AM

First, McCluster was originally a WR in college. He worked his way into being a running back. He also has done more in training camp than was shown in preseason games.

BTW: He was compared to Welker on draft day. And, he has done NOTHING to dissapoint.

Now, for Asamoah. I don't think he has had a horrible preseason. I think he is about what a third rounder should be. And, I think he can work into a starting player.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Fuck you and your facepalm, dickshit. Worst emoticon ever.

LMAO Struck a nerve?

ChiefsCountry
09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Can someone name 1 significant contributing waiver wire pick for any team last year?

Chris Chambers
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
09-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Chris Chambers
Posted via Mobile Device

I was going to actually point this out but the main topic was roster day cuts so I decided to not mention it.

09-07-2010, 11:33 AM

Pollard....

Oh and don't forget Pope and Castille....errr

BossChief
09-07-2010, 02:25 PM

Ummm, yeah.

His first two years for Ole Miss he was a receiver. The coaching staff wanted to get him the ball more so they moved him to running back, but he still lined up as a receiver quite a bit.

Asamoah had a bad first game in PS, but seemed to play better each game after that as well, showing he is applying what he was working on in practice on the game field. That's a sign of a player that will be pretty good in time. I think by years end he will be a fan favorite. I really liked that pick.

-King-
09-07-2010, 02:58 PM
NOBODY. Like Brandon Carr.... He doesn't even have a draft profile OMG!

To me it's like this... We're complaining about keeping Travis Daniels over some other guy who will likely wash out. I was reading the old draft thread and it's apparent that some people take themselves way too seriously when it comes to talent evaluation. One post was particularly funny. OTWP, raging from the selection of Colin Brown, said that taking Brown ahead of (names three guys) was "inexcusable!" Now Brown ended up being a terrible pick and true WTF moment, but the three guys he mentioned have already been released by other teams. So...inexcusable? really? Now sometimes they'll get it right... like siler or something.... but you just don't know. The waiver wire is the same way. Just as likely as picking up a stud...we'll give away a Joe horn or Bernard Pollard. That said, ocallahan doesn't need to be here....anybody else you could probably make a case for.

Dude, it's a forum. Not a book or article. Break your paragraph down some more. No one wants to read a wall of words.

RedThat
09-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Ummm, yeah.

His first two years for Ole Miss he was a receiver. The coaching staff wanted to get him the ball more so they moved him to running back, but he still lined up as a receiver quite a bit.

Asamoah had a bad first game in PS, but seemed to play better each game after that as well, showing he is applying what he was working on in practice on the game field. That's a sign of a player that will be pretty good in time. I think by years end he will be a fan favorite. I really liked that pick.

Yeah I agree. Asamoah was a good pick by the Chiefs. Probably the second best guard to come out of this draft next to Iupati.

BossChief
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Either RedThat is starting to come around lately, or I need to reassess my posting quality before hitting "post reply"