PDA

View Full Version : Football Head Coaches Rankings

dtrain
09-06-2010, 10:46 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-166944

1. Bill Belichick, Patriots

QB Tom Brady(notes): “I’ve always been privileged to play for Coach Belichick, who I’ve always said is the best coach in the history of the league. In terms of his work ethic and his preparation, he’s as diligent as he’s ever been.”

2. Sean Payton, Saints

QB Drew Brees(notes): ” (Payton’s ranking is) well deserved. I mean, it’s hard to say who’s No. 1. But you certainly can’t argue with what Bill Belichick has done in his tenure there. … With the exception of training camp, guys have fun here. So I would say, more than anything, the way that Sean Payton is able to complement and combine that very disciplined, fair but stern attitude, with, ‘Hey, we’re going to have fun, and we’re going to enjoy what we do,’ (is what makes him a great coach).”

3. Jeff Fisher, Titans

DB Vincent Fuller(notes): “Once he gets that Super Bowl title, which I hope we can bring him in the next couple of years, then he’ll be higher on the list. … He is the longest-tenured coach, so he has the respect there. And he takes care of his players. I don’t have another coach to base things off of, but I always hear horror stories from players who’ve left who complain and say it wasn’t like it was in Tennessee, coachingwise.”

4. Mike Shanahan, Redskins

MLB London Fletcher(notes): ” Coach Shanahan should be the No. 1-rated coach in the league. He’s won back-to-back Super Bowls. He’s a proven winner. His approach to the game, the way he handles this team, is great. … He treats us like men .”

5. Mike Tomlin, Steelers

ILB James Farrior(notes): ” He might even need to be higher. What he’s done since he’s been here has been phenomenal. His first year, he was a little hard on us, but he learned from that and the next year he changed a couple things and we were very successful. “

6. Andy Reid, Eagles

FB Leonard Weaver(notes): “Obviously, Coach Reid hasn’t won (a Super Bowl) yet. … (But) if you’re going to base (the ranking) on wins and success—not just Super Bowls— then definitely Coach Reid is top two, top three.”

7. Tom Coughlin, Giants

TE Kevin Boss(notes): ” He could bump up over those guys who haven’t won Super Bowls because he’s obviously done that just recently. I think that pretty much says it right there: He’s got a Super Bowl and they don’t. I think he deserves to be ahead of them .”

8. Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals

QB Matt Leinart(notes): ” Just looking back at my rookie year, what we were as a team until now — it’s night and day. That’s due a lot to his philosophy and the attitude and discipline he’s brought to us. He’s been extremely hard on me, but I think it’s helped me to be mentally tougher and I think all that will pay off for both of us.”

9. John Harbaugh, Ravens

NT Kelly Gregg(notes): ” The first five picks in the poll are excellent choices, but after that, I would put John Harbaugh around sixth or seventh. Some of those guys above him have won Super Bowls, but he has also gone to the playoffs in his first two seasons as head coach here. “

10. Rex Ryan, Jets

SS Jim Leonhard(notes): ” He’s one of those personalities that people either love or hate. Look past that and look at the X’s and O’s. He’s as good a coach as there is in this league.”

11. Mike McCarthy, Packers

12. Jim Caldwell, Colts

13. John Fox, Panthers

14. Brad Childress, Vikings

15. Wade Phillips, Cowboys

16. Mike Smith(notes), Falcons

17. Tony Sparano, Dolphins

18. Marvin Lewis, Bengals

19. Norv Turner, Chargers

20. Lovie Smith, Bears

21. Mike Singletary, 49ers

22. Jack Del Rio, Jaguars

23. Pete Carroll, Seahawks

24. Gary Kubiak, Texans

25. Eric Mangini, Browns

26. Josh McDaniels, Broncos

27. Todd Haley, Chiefs

28. Chan Gailey, Bills

29. Tom Cable, Raiders

30. Jim Schwartz, Lions

31. Raheem Morris, Buccaneers

32. Steve Spagnuolo, Rams

QuikSsurfer
09-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Tomlin should be higher

BigRichard
09-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Tomlin should be higher

I thought Tomlin should be lower myself. He won a superbowl with Cowher's team. But time will tell. See if they get back into shape this year.

Rausch
09-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I thought Tomlin should be lower myself. He won a superbowl with Cowher's team.

After Cowher's team peaked...

chiefzilla1501
09-06-2010, 11:11 AM
After Cowher's team peaked...

Not exactly

Rausch
09-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Not exactly

Ok.

Jim Caldwel.

WHY?...

Gadzooks
09-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Norf at 19?!? WTF?!? This list is B.S.!!!!11!1!!!

Rausch
09-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Norf at 19?!? WTF?!? This list is B.S.!!!!11!1!!!

It's even worse the 2nd time.

Also, Norv might be the biggest underachieving coach currently in the NFL...

mylittlepony
09-06-2010, 11:26 AM
8. Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals

QB Matt Leinart(notes): ” Just looking back at my rookie year, what we were as a team until now — it’s night and day. That’s due a lot to his philosophy and the attitude and discipline he’s brought to us. He’s been extremely hard on me, but I think it’s helped me to be mentally tougher and I think all that will pay off for both of us.”

:clap:

Gadzooks
09-06-2010, 12:24 PM
It's even worse the 2nd time.

Also, Norv might be the biggest underachieving coach currently in the NFL...

Alot of folks would go with Bum Phillips son in terms of an underachiever.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-06-2010, 12:41 PM
This list is bogus. They Have McDaniels about 12 slots too high.

Bane
09-06-2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233009

Rausch
09-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Alot of folks would go with Bum Phillips son in terms of an underachiever.

When you waste a talent in the class of a Barry Saunders, Tim Brown, or LT you elevate yourself into the elite of chokers...

Pioli Zombie
09-06-2010, 02:29 PM
"There are 40 head coaches in the NFL better than Todd Haley". - Milkman

Rausch
09-06-2010, 02:31 PM
"There are 40 head coaches in the NFL better than Todd Haley". - Milkman

I'd agree with that...