PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football My Draft (many lol's to be had at my expense)

Shogun
09-07-2010, 01:22 AM
EAT IT!

http://i54.tinypic.com/33p8yv4.jpg

14 teams. Feels good man.

milkman
09-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Homer much?

Shogun
09-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Homer much?

Touche.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 01:28 AM
well I like two picks (Rice, Romo)...

I honestly mean what I'm about to say...

and I feel like a dick for it...

but that is honestly...the worst...team I have ever seen.

Ever.

Literally...

Ever.

Holy
Shit.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 01:29 AM
The team has no freaking upside...

Zilch.

At best (with luck)...4 wins.

I realize it's a 14 team league, too...

That team wouldn't be decent for a 20 team league.

Shogun
09-07-2010, 01:30 AM
At least I am the best at being the worst. That's a positive to take from that response. THANKS!

And thats basically how it went.

Rice-Romo-Panic

Hootie
09-07-2010, 01:31 AM
Here are my teams:

(all 2 QB, all QB heavy leagues)

They are all amazing:

12 team: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=296578&teamId=1&seasonId=2010

12 team: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=827590&teamId=1

12 team: http://football10.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=26188&O=07&F=0024

8 team: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=827468&teamId=1&seasonId=2010

KCrockaholic
09-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Uh what kind of a league are you in where Romo had over 800 points last year? WTF?

Hootie
09-07-2010, 01:32 AM
At least I am the best at being the worst. That's a positive to take from that response. THANKS!

And thats basically how it went.

Rice-Romo-Panic

It's all good bro! I realize some people do it all for the fun...

Next time you panic...just use some of these:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=NFLDK2K10cheatsheetcentral

they are cheat sheets for people who don't excessively prepare like me

Shogun
09-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Im a big fan of the 1st 12 man draft. Good job on that.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Uh what kind of a league are you in where Romo had over 800 points last year? WTF?

some people get way too creative with scoring these days

Shogun
09-07-2010, 01:35 AM
It's all good bro! I realize some people do it all for the fun...

Next time you panic...just use some of these:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=NFLDK2K10cheatsheetcentral

they are cheat sheets for people who don't excessively prepare like me

Haha, yeah I didn't use a cheat sheet at all. This is my fun draft for my website and I have 2 tomorrow that I will actually be Using a cheat sheet and have lists for what I want. This draft is so unorthodox that it is off the charts how retarded it would be if I win > 6.

Shogun
09-07-2010, 01:41 AM
If you want to hear some real shit, there was somebody in the league that chose Jay fucking Cutler in the 2nd round.

nicelife2010
09-07-2010, 03:05 AM
why do u say so?

Buck
09-07-2010, 03:23 AM
Here are my teams:

They are all amazing:

12 team: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=296578&teamId=1&seasonId=2010

8 team: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=827468&teamId=1&seasonId=2010

Dude all those teams are shit.

rad
09-07-2010, 05:40 AM
Dude all those teams are shit.

....glad you said it, I was about to. The last team is good, but it better be with only 8 teams. LMAOLMAO

Sofa King
09-07-2010, 08:18 AM
i have 4 fantasy teams, and i didn't pick a single chief on any of them...

good luck on your bye week...

KCUnited
09-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Please tell me you named your team The Accused Bar Scene.

Skyy God
09-07-2010, 08:47 AM
After the 1st 2 rounds, a drunk monkey could have made better picks. Let me guess, DBowe in the 3rd?

sedated
09-07-2010, 08:55 AM
After the 1st 2 rounds, a drunk monkey could have made better picks. Let me guess, DBowe in the 3rd?

I think he might have traded his 3rd for two 7ths.

Just an awful, awful team. But hey, its all for fun.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2010, 09:30 AM
....glad you said it, I was about to. The last team is good, but it better be with only 8 teams. LMAOLMAO

Those 12-teamers are pretty awful. Receiver depth is laughable and having Pierre Thomas as your #1 with those WRs is a joke.

Brock
09-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Here are my teams:

They are all amazing:

I'm surprised you think so highly of those teams. They look pretty run of the mill to me.

Shogun
09-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Please tell me you named your team The Accused Bar Scene.

I named it 'Rape'

Amnorix
09-07-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm surprised you think so highly of those teams. They look pretty run of the mill to me.

Dude, did you nto see that one of them has Peyton Manning on them?! PEYTON MANNING!! PEYTON FRICKIN' MANNING!!!

He's so unbelievably orgasmically awesome he's going to make all his other teams awesome even though he's not technically on them just by association.

Peyton Manning.... Wow.........

Hootie
09-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Those 12-teamers are pretty awful. Receiver depth is laughable and having Pierre Thomas as your #1 with those WRs is a joke.

every single league, like I said, is a QB heavy league...and a PPR (except for the non-ESPN one...which is so QB heavy it's laughable)...

This is the typical scoring for the three ESPN leagues.

6 points for any TD (passing/rushing/receiving)
3 points for TD's over 40
3 points for TD's over 50

and you can start TWO QB's...

so you want to draft two QB's...and very high.

RBs and WRs are second tier...

so the best strategy is to combo up with a QB and get RB's with big play/sleeper potential.

Having consistency is huge...and QB's are the biggest scorers in my leagues...

The myfantasyleague.com league has even stranger scoring...

you don't get any points for yardage until you trigger exceed 75 yards rushing/receiving (5 points) and then 2 points for every 25 after that...

and 250 yards passing (2 points for every 50 after that)...

TD's are 6 (0-9) 9 (10-39) and 12 (40+)...

and if a QB runs for a TD, everything doubles (same with a WR rushing for a TD or a RB receiving for a TD)..

very obscure scoring and again...every year 20 of the top 25 scorers are QBs...

so in that draft I took Peyton, then McNabb...AND THEN Roethlisberger (trade bait)...

one year a team was so desperate for a QB...I traded Garrard and Hines Ward for LDT...and then LDT scored 31 TDs and I had Brees/LDT and LJ and outscored everyone in that league by 300+ points...

Roethlisberger (or McNabb) will be such as asset around week 4 or 5...it will be sick.

(but again, the problem with posting teams in threads are everyone just assumes to judge a team by standard scoring...and that's just not how things work anymore...I don't get into non 2 QB leagues because it devalues the QB position...)

Hootie
09-07-2010, 11:03 AM

FFL is the sport to reach for guys if you think they'll win you leagues...

I hate Cedric Benson...if he fell to me in the 15th round...I wouldn't take him...

I take guys who I think will win me leagues.

This year...I think Jermichael Finley will win me leagues...I took him before Dallas Clark.

This year...I think TE's are basically as valuable as WR's and many of them will put up WR numbers...in a team where I can start two QB's and two TE's...and the TE position gets points based off of 50 yards rather than 75...my first 5 picks were Manning/McNabb/Roethlisberger/D. Clark/and J. Finley...

This year...I think Jahvid Best has a chance to be like Chris Johnson two years ago.

This year...I like McFadden...at least one more time.

I think Mike Williams (TB) is the real deal...

and I think T.O. has more value than Chad Ochocinco.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2010, 11:08 AM

I hate Cedric Benson...if he fell to me in the 15th round...I wouldn't take him...

This year...I think Jermichael Finley will win me leagues...I took him before Dallas Clark.

This year...I think TE's are basically as valuable as WR's and many of them will put up WR numbers...in a team where I can start two QB's and two TE's...and the TE position gets points based off of 50 yards rather than 75...my first 5 picks were Manning/McNabb/Roethlisberger/D. Clark/and J. Finley...

This year...I think Jahvid Best has a chance to be like Chris Johnson two years ago.

I'm with you on everything except McFadden.

Skyy God
09-07-2010, 11:08 AM

Big on Finley also (he was my 5th rounder in both a 10-team and 12-team draft).

McFadden seems like an Al Davis pick, so he'll be given every opportunity to win the job from an injured Bush.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm with you on everything except McFadden.

I didn't like him until M. Bush went down with an injury...now it's him and Michael Bennett...

so if there is ever a time he breaks out...

he has a month.

We'll see I don't like him like I did last year....when I was sure he was going to be the real deal.

ChiefaRoo
09-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Congratulations your team will come perform in the bottom 20th percentile of your league. Thomas Jones, D Bowe? Fookin ROMO????

Hootie
09-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Personally...

I used to be totally against anything but the most standard FFL leagues out there...

Now...

I don't think I'd ever want to play in a league where you can't start two QB's...

I don't like leagues where you can only start 1 QB...it totally devalues the position...it means everyone has at least one good QB...usually one great QB...so it's like the position is more like a kicker than a RB, or a WR...and it turns into who gets Chris Johnson...and who gets that Jamaal Charles...

and QB's don't matter because when you hit your BYE you can always just go get Kyle Orton on waivers...

Dumb, dumb, dumb I think...why devalue a position like that?

Skyy God
09-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Any thoughts on the Housh to Bal signing? I have Mason and, since they're basically the same receiver, I would think it would crater Mase's value.

Am thinking of dropping him for an upside guy (Massaquoi, Aroshamado, or the other Mike Williams). My other WRs are gold (AJ, Fitzy, Bowe, Maclin) in a start 3 max league.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Personally...

I used to be totally against anything but the most standard FFL leagues out there...

Now...

I don't think I'd ever want to play in a league where you can't start two QB's...

I don't like leagues where you can only start 1 QB...it totally devalues the position...it means everyone has at least one good QB...usually one great QB...so it's like the position is more like a kicker than a RB, or a WR...and it turns into who gets Chris Johnson...and who gets that Jamaal Charles...

and QB's don't matter because when you hit your BYE you can always just go get Kyle Orton on waivers...

Dumb, dumb, dumb I think...why devalue a position like that?

See, I disgaree with this.

There's about 4 studs at the position and then 3 guys who are good, and then a whole bunch of guys lumped together.

You have Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees as studs

Romo, Schaub, Rivers as very good players

Then Flacco, Ryan, Cutler as the next tier.

There's a substancial drop off from Tier 2-3.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 11:25 AM
hey...

last year was my worst profitable year in FFL history...

I won won league and ended up losing money...I was wrong about several things.

The year before it was vice versa...I nailed every sleeper and won just about every league.

This year I...

DO NOT LIKE FLACCO, AND I DO NOT LIKE THOSE RECEIVERS.

At all.

I think the Ravens and the Jets are vastly overrated.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 11:26 AM

There's about 4 studs at the position and then 3 guys who are good, and then a whole bunch of guys lumped together.

but you can ALWAYS play matchups with lower tiers...

and a lot of the times you'll come out on top...

in a 12 team league where everyone wants to start 2 QB's...

it makes things more competitive...

other than standard leagues where 25 RB's go in the first 32 picks

The Bad Guy
09-07-2010, 11:32 AM
but you can ALWAYS play matchups with lower tiers...

and a lot of the times you'll come out on top...

in a 12 team league where everyone wants to start 2 QB's...

it makes things more competitive...

other than standard leagues where 25 RB's go in the first 32 picks

When guys throw for 18 touchdowns in the lower tier, it's difficult to play the matchups.

I always put a priority on drafting stud QBs early. The fantasy landscape has changed.

kaplin42
09-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Alright, there are some obvious minds of FFL here, and I need help, desperately.

Just joined an office league, 6 teams.

QB
RB
RB
RB / WR
WR
WR
TE
D/ST
K

+ 7 Bench Slots.

Looks like a standard ESPN league setup for scorring.

Live snaking draft today in 2.5 hours.

Any suggestions, as I have never done a live draft. What position do I go after first? RB? QB? Any sleepers out there that I can swipe that others might now be really thinking of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 11:35 AM
When guys throw for 18 touchdowns in the lower tier, it's difficult to play the matchups.

I always put a priority on drafting stud QBs early. The fantasy landscape has changed.

not sure if this link will work for you since you're not in the league, but look at the way the scoring is set up...

and the league has one OP where you can start a RB/WR/TE/or QB...

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=296578

That's really fun scoring, and really even scoring...where all positions (other than DEF/K) are basically set to be even.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Congratulations your team will come perform in the bottom 20th percentile of your league. Thomas Jones, D Bowe? Fookin ROMO????

His team is pretty bad, but :spock: 4400 yards and 26 TD's and you pick Romo to bash?

Mile High Mania
09-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Here are my teams:

They are all amazing:

The 12-team with Rodgers at QB is pretty good, but the rest? I don't see anything special really - did you trade away picks in Rounds 2 and 3? :LOL:

Mile High Mania
09-07-2010, 11:54 AM

I concur with this philosophy...

Mile High Mania
09-07-2010, 11:55 AM
hey...

last year was my worst profitable year in FFL history...

I won won league and ended up losing money...I was wrong about several things.

The year before it was vice versa...I nailed every sleeper and won just about every league.

This year I...

DO NOT LIKE FLACCO, AND I DO NOT LIKE THOSE RECEIVERS .

At all.

I think the Ravens and the Jets are vastly overrated.

Well, I think you're going to be very wrong on that statement.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Well, I think you're going to be very wrong on that statement.

Perhaps.

I suppose we will see.

Mile High Mania
09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Perhaps.

I suppose we will see.

I dunno man, Flacco is a 60% and over passer in each of his first two seasons with really nothing stellar/diverse in the passing game. It's been quite conservative, relying on a great rushing attack and a very nice defense.

This year, both the rushing attack and the defense should be as good or better than they were in 2009.

And now, Flacco sees Mason as his #3 WR option, not his #1 WR option. Boldin and TJ are going to set that offense up for great things and with Rice/McGahee... you have stellar balance.

In 2009, Flacco completed 63% of his passes for 3,600 yards / 21 TDs / 12 INTs... those numbers should increase with those 2 receivers. Heap goes from being one of the top 2 weapons to your 3rd or 4th... that's just nasty and it should help his production.

I think the Ravens are sitting very pretty right now.

ct
09-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Mile High,

Do not question the amazing ff stardom that is The Meat Dragon!

That is all, good day...

sedated
09-07-2010, 12:14 PM

I wonder how quickly this is changing (to value QBs more). In one league, I was ripped constantly until the end of the draft for picking Rodgers 4th overall; the 2nd QB taken didn’t go until # 11. In my other league, he went 2nd overall, and Brees went 4th. Ironically, the first league is weighted more towards QBs than the second.

ChiefaRoo
09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
His team is pretty bad, but :spock: 4400 yards and 26 TD's and you pick Romo to bash?

I'm of the opinion that he's peaked. Also, Miles Austin will not have the year he had last year.

kaplin42
09-07-2010, 03:24 PM
My team that I just drafted.

Brock
09-07-2010, 03:26 PM
My team that I just drafted.

Looks stout.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Looks stout.

not sure how one even ends up with a team like that...

but hey...

I'll take my competitive money leagues over the cream puff standard leagues any day.

kaplin42
09-07-2010, 04:07 PM
not sure how one even ends up with a team like that...

but hey...

I'll take my competitive money leagues over the cream puff standard leagues any day.

it's a 6 man league thats basically a depatment league. Just for something to do and shoot the shit over.

I don't have the desire to invest so much energy into a non cream puff league.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 04:10 PM
it's a 6 man league thats basically a depatment league. Just for something to do and shoot the shit over.

I don't have the desire to invest so much energy into a non cream puff league.

I gotcha...

Just laughing because people will bash a 12 man team that has two extra starting positions including 1 extra QB...

but then applaud a team that clearly was from a 6 or 8 man league...with standard scoring and positions...

Just shows how ignorant people are when judging fantasy teams...and why I usually stay out of the "rate my team" threads for that very reason...was just bored last night.

teedubya
09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Here is mine... it is pretty kick ass. [ten team league]

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5642/fantasyfootballtw.jpg

teedubya
09-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I dunno man, Flacco is a 60% and over passer in each of his first two seasons with really nothing stellar/diverse in the passing game. It's been quite conservative, relying on a great rushing attack and a very nice defense.

This year, both the rushing attack and the defense should be as good or better than they were in 2009.

And now, Flacco sees Mason as his #3 WR option, not his #1 WR option. Boldin and TJ are going to set that offense up for great things and with Rice/McGahee... you have stellar balance.

In 2009, Flacco completed 63% of his passes for 3,600 yards / 21 TDs / 12 INTs... those numbers should increase with those 2 receivers. Heap goes from being one of the top 2 weapons to your 3rd or 4th... that's just nasty and it should help his production.

I think the Ravens are sitting very pretty right now.

Yeah, it's gonna be Ravens/Jets vs Packers/Vikings in Conference Championships, IMO.

Old Dog
09-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Damn, now I realy wish Hootie would have donated (I mean played) in the CP $100 league after looking at those teams he posted. Dead money.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Damn, now I realy wish Hootie would have donated (I mean played) in the CP $100 league after looking at those teams he posted. Dead money.

I'll bet you $500 right now...

$500

(and I'll have linked proof, obviously)...

That out of the $300 I've invested in FFL this year...

I make money.

Come on man...man up.

Hootie
09-07-2010, 04:25 PM
if you idiots are going to look at the teams, go look at the scoring settings before you start assuming leagues are standard scoring...

we don't do 4 points for QB TD's...we do 6...

we do PPR...

we start two QB's...

it's not the same as standard cream puff FFL leagues...

If anyone wants to join one of my leagues...I'll gladly start one more money league because clearly none of you grasp the strategies of 2 QB PPR deep roster leagues.

Old Dog
09-07-2010, 04:53 PM
I'll bet you $500 right now...

$500

(and I'll have linked proof, obviously)...

That out of the $300 I've invested in FFL this year...

I make money.

Come on man...man up.

just because you're the smartest kid in the slow class, that doesn't mean you're Einstein

teedubya
09-07-2010, 04:53 PM
If anyone wants to join one of my leagues...I'll gladly start one more money league because clearly none of you grasp the strategies of 2 QB PPR deep roster leagues.

I'm in!!

The Franchise
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm in!!

ROFL

CaliforniaChief
09-07-2010, 05:10 PM
i have 4 fantasy teams, and i didn't pick a single chief on any of them...

good luck on your bye week...

His team will probably score higher on his bye week.

Here's my final roster for our 16 team league:

QB: Jason Campbell
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Ryan Mathews
WR: Roddy White
WR: Wes Welker
Flex Jeremy Maclin
TE: Jermichael Finley
D: Chargers
K: Dan Carpenter

Bench:
Jacoby Jones, Eddie Royal, Dexter McCluster, Ben Roethlisberger, Mike Bell (Phi), Kevin Faulk, Montario Hardesty.:cuss: (We drafted before he went down obviously.)

Jim Jones
09-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Here is mine... it is pretty kick ass. [ten team league]

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5642/fantasyfootballtw.jpg

Bradshaw is a great pickup. I'm in four leagues (two I pay serious attention to) and I find it hilarious how many people don't know Ahmad Bradshaw is now the starter in New York. I got him way late in a draft I did last night.

ChiefaRoo
09-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Knowmo is Schlereth's bottom biatch.

rad
09-08-2010, 06:14 AM
if you idiots are going to look at the teams, go look at the scoring settings before you start assuming leagues are standard scoring...

we don't do 4 points for QB TD's...we do 6...

we do PPR...

we start two QB's...

it's not the same as standard cream puff FFL leagues...

How much?

Hootie
09-20-2010, 09:58 PM
so my teams you all made fun of (because you're morons)...

4-0 this week with 4 league high scores.

no big deal

Buck
09-20-2010, 10:02 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/6fpq2q.jpg

I'm the one on the left.

CrazyPhuD
09-20-2010, 10:04 PM
so my teams you all made fun of (because you're morons)...

4-0 this week with 4 league high scores.

no big deal

vagina hurt much?

Hootie
09-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Me too.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/425/tiki.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/i/tiki.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Hootie
09-20-2010, 10:14 PM
nobody came within 66 points of me in that league...

another big $$$ league I scored more points than anyone has in over 4 years...

4 leagues
4 high scores

NO
BIG
DEAL

Buck
09-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Me too.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/425/tiki.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/i/tiki.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Damn, 65 points for Best.

What are the bonuses in your league for yards?

Hootie
09-20-2010, 10:17 PM
5 points for 100...5 points for 200 (receiving and rushing)

6 points for rushing TD's
8 points for receiving TD's

3 points for TD's over 40
3 more points for TD's over 50

0.1 for every receiving yard
0.5 for every 5 rushing yards

2 points for every 10 carries

1 point per reception

Buck
09-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Damn, that's a high scoring league.

Hootie
09-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Damn, that's a high scoring league.

to be honest with you...

I think my league scoring should be standard...

and I think every FFL league should be a 2 QB league...or at least have the option of starting 2 QB's...

1 QB leagues are BUSH LEAGUE.