PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV NFL Red Zone Channel

Buck
09-07-2010, 10:56 PM
It made its way to Cox Cable so now we have the option of adding it on for $40.

Anyone that already has it, is it worth it?

I am going to 9 or 10 of the Chargers 16 games this year so I will only be at home for 6 or 7, but other people in my house might enjoy it.

Does it suck?

09-07-2010, 10:57 PM
I can't add it on. I'm not on a high enough tier. Such bullshit.

Buck
09-07-2010, 10:58 PM
I can't add it on. I'm not on a high enough tier. Such bullshit.

So they want you to buy extra TV that you dont want, just so you can get the opportunity to buy the Red Zone Channel?

That is major bullshit.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2010, 10:58 PM
$40? Yikes. I have it on U-verse.

09-07-2010, 11:01 PM
So they want you to buy extra TV that you dont want, just so you can get the opportunity to buy the Red Zone Channel?

That is major bullshit.Yep, they require me to upgrade to digital cable in order to purchase this add-on. So I would jump from $17 per month for the only TV I even need to $77 per month for a bunch of channels I couldn't give a rip about PLUS the additional $40 for Red Zone.

arrowheadnation
09-07-2010, 11:02 PM
You have to have the sports & info pack to get redzone. Most football fans already have it anyway because it has NFL network.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Too bad I'll only be able to watch an hr or so of it since i'll be working.

Bugeater
09-07-2010, 11:05 PM

That is major bullshit.
That's the only way to get NFLN here with Cox as well, you have to step up to the more expensive digital tier to get it.

Jewish Rabbi
09-07-2010, 11:06 PM
I streamed it last year a few times. It was pretty cool, but I also had one of the other games on as well.

Buck
09-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I already have the NFL Network so I have the Sports Package already.

So does anyone know about the Channel?

I think they are doing a free preview for week 1.

arrowheadnation
09-07-2010, 11:28 PM
The best way I've found to view it is to use your tv's built in split screen and have a live game in one screen and redzone in the other. It's freaking awesome for fantasy fb.

KCrockaholic
09-07-2010, 11:28 PM
It's alright. But I get Sunday Ticket, so nothing beats that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I've got it with Cox, but I've yet to experience it.

pr_capone
09-07-2010, 11:34 PM
I get it for free *whistles*

09-07-2010, 11:40 PM
I get it for free *whistles*SHaddup or share.

pr_capone
09-07-2010, 11:42 PM
SHaddup or share.

lol

can't share but I may be able to help you.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Seriously, if you aren't watching your own team, or there's no game on that's compelling to you, Red Zone is a GREAT way to watch football. It just goes from game to game whenever a team gets into the redzone. Often times they'll break down how they got there and show a replay or two. It's pretty awesome IMO.

09-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Seriously, if you aren't watching your own team, or there's no game on that's compelling to you, Red Zone is a GREAT way to watch football. It just goes from game to game whenever a team gets into the redzone. Often times they'll break down how they got there and show a replay or two. It's pretty awesome IMO.I love the idea of that because all I care about in other games is the scoring drives.

HoneyBadger
09-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Seriously, if you aren't watching your own team, or there's no game on that's compelling to you, Red Zone is a GREAT way to watch football. It just goes from game to game whenever a team gets into the redzone. Often times they'll break down how they got there and show a replay or two. It's pretty awesome IMO.

I don't have it and haven't read about it. But how does it work when multiple teams are in the red zone?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-07-2010, 11:57 PM
I predict the Chiefs will appear on Red Zone about say......14 times?

Buck
09-08-2010, 12:06 AM
I predict the Chiefs will appear on Red Zone about say......14 times?

You forgot to add all the times other teams will be in the Red Zone against them

:evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 12:18 AM
You forgot to add all the times other teams will be in the Red Zone against them

:evil:

Well, there's always that, yes.

:facepalm:

Mr. Flopnuts
09-08-2010, 12:22 AM
I don't have it and haven't read about it. But how does it work when multiple teams are in the red zone?

They focus on one game, but will split the screen up to accommodate every team.

HoneyBadger
09-08-2010, 12:28 AM
They focus on one game, but will split the screen up to accommodate every team.

Ok. That makes sense.

Ming the Merciless
09-08-2010, 12:28 AM
It made its way to Cox Cable so now we have the option of adding it on for $40.

Anyone that already has it, is it worth it?

I am going to 9 or 10 of the Chargers 16 games this year so I will only be at home for 6 or 7, but other people in my house might enjoy it.

Does it suck?

40 bux for the whole season???

FUCK yes!!!!

I swear you will love it....It is so worth it....I would almost give up all of sunday ticket just for red-zone...RZ is the best channel in the HISTORY of mankind. Please, try it.

Al Bundy
09-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Is it free on AT&T U-verse?

ILChief
09-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Can you get this on DirecTV without Sunday ticket? I cancelled ST this year.

BigRock
09-08-2010, 05:56 AM
$40 for one channel sounds like some bullshit, especially since other providers added it for free. But even so, if you don't have Sunday Ticket and you're going to be home on Sundays, absolutely get Red Zone.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2010, 07:21 AM
$40? Yikes. I have it on U-verse.

yea, on UVerse its only $5 a month and you get 3 or 4 other "premium tiered" HD channels with it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2010, 07:41 AM
The $40.00 is a one-time fee per season.

MMXcalibur
09-08-2010, 07:50 AM
I don't have to pay extra for it with Comcast's Sports Package...but I really wouldn't be surprised to see the assholes start charging for it sometime soon.

KChiefs1
09-08-2010, 07:57 AM
I have Directv w/sports package but no ST...can I get it on Directv?
If so...what channel?

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Dish Network wants $7 a month to add RedZone. That is way too much.

I am hoping they give a free trial for Week 1 since it is one of only two weekends I'll be home.

Al Bundy
09-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Yeah I am not paying anything extra for it. I will just watch the games online for free.

Pants
09-08-2010, 08:59 AM
That shit is free on Comcast. Last time I took a look at it, the picture wasn't in HD and was just stretched, I thought that was kind of weird.

DaFace
09-08-2010, 09:00 AM
I have Directv w/sports package but no ST...can I get it on Directv?
If so...what channel?

Can you get this on DirecTV without Sunday ticket? I cancelled ST this year.

Unless they've changed things since last year, the answer is no. DirecTV has their own version of the "Red Zone" channel that's included in the NFLST package, so they don't carry the NFL's RZ channel at all.

EDIT:

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1646

Does DIRECTV Offer the Red Zone Channel?

The Red Zone Channel is available from DIRECTV as part of NFL SUNDAY TICKET.

While other providers are now offering The Red Zone Channel from The NFL Network, they will not be able to offer coverage of all NFL games in their entirety. The Red Zone Channel from the NFL Network will only show highlights of games and will only be available in select programming packages.

DIRECTV is the only place to enjoy NFL SUNDAY TICKET and watch your favorite NFL team, no matter where you live. You get up to 14 games each Sunday. And only DIRECTV can give you great features such as live streaming to your cell phone or computer with NFL To-Go.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2010, 09:04 AM
That shit is free on Comcast. Last time I took a look at it, the picture wasn't in HD and was just stretched, I thought that was kind of weird.

Heres the way UVerse works...

UVerse only offers it in HD.

Regular HD channels = $10 a month

Premium HD Tier (4 or 5 other HD channels which includes RedZone) another $5 a month

jojomontana
09-08-2010, 09:08 AM
We got it last season. It came with the sports package I already have through my satellite service, so I'm not sure how to rate the $40. If you mean "per month," I'd have to say NOT unless it comes with NFL Cheerleader Pr0n. $40 for the season seems good though.

Watching it all day on Sunday will literally exhaust you. It rocks much scrotum.
I've got a buddy with the NFL Sunday Ticket and he likes watching RedZone at my crib better than having 5 TV's on at his.

pr_capone
09-08-2010, 09:14 AM
We got it last season. It came with the sports package I already have through my satellite service, so I'm not sure how to rate the $40. If you mean "per month," I'd have to say NOT unless it comes with NFL Cheerleader Pr0n. $40 for the season seems good though.

Watching it all day on Sunday will literally exhaust you. It rocks much scrotum.
I've got a buddy with the NFL Sunday Ticket and he likes watching RedZone at my crib better than having 5 TV's on at his.

It is $40 for the whole season

Pants
09-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Heres the way UVerse works...

UVerse only offers it in HD.

Regular HD channels = $10 a month

Premium HD Tier (4 or 5 other HD channels which includes RedZone) another $5 a month

Hmmm, I'm not sure but I don't think Comcast tiers their HD service, just the channels (so if you get a certain channel, it'll come in HD as long as you're paying the monthly fee for the HD box/DVR). I could be wrong though. I'll have to take a look at NFLRZ again this Sunday.

Deberg_1990
09-08-2010, 09:45 AM

Only problem is, they literally are careful not to show any action between the 20's. Sometimes there is a pause in video where the host just marks time because there are no teams inside the 20's.