PDA

View Full Version : Football So where are the Locker fans?

Titty Meat
09-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Does his performance vs BYU change your mind? To me theres no doubt he's a Cassel clown.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Always said hes over rated.

DeezNutz
09-09-2010, 02:59 PM
If there's a chance we might draft him, I hate him. /KC

DJ's left nut
09-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Gabbert in '11!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Flopnuts is going to bust in here with a chain-gun and fry your asses.

The Franchise
09-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Flopnuts is going to bust in here with a chain-gun and fry your asses.

This.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Gabbert in '11!!!

Oh god please no. Hes the most over rated QB in the nation. Well its close with him and Stanzi.

eazyb81
09-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Locker's overrated - his aura is still based on hype of what he "could" do - but BYU is an underrated team that should have been expected to play well against him and the mediocre Huskies.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-09-2010, 03:18 PM
will the Pac-10 ever get respect :facepalm:

Chiefnj2
09-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Is he this years Jevon Snead?

Luck shows the most promise.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh god please no. Hes the most over rated QB in the nation. Well its close with him and Stanzi.

Okay, so who shall it be then?

Luck? I guess we could upgrade our D&D passing game.

Mallett? MUCH to be proven yet.

Pants
09-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Is he this years Jevon Snead?

Luck shows the most promise.

mallett > all

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 03:22 PM
mallett > all

"He is not a Jedi yet"!

Pants
09-09-2010, 03:25 PM
"He is not a Jedi yet"!

His mandalorians (midichlorians) are breaking all of our scales.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 03:26 PM
His mandalorians (midichlorians) are breaking all of our scales.

Hey, if he has great year and develops even further, I'm all for it.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Okay, so who shall it be then?

Luck? I guess we could upgrade our D&D passing game.

Mallett? MUCH to be proven yet.

I'd rather have Luck, Mallet, Ponder, hell even Jarrod Johnson.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 03:31 PM
But probably only Luck or Mallet in the top five. But it doesn't matter, unless we trade up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 03:31 PM
I'd rather have Luck, Mallet, Ponder, hell even Jarrod Johnson.

Who and the who?

I'm not having a QB named "Ponder" on my fucking team; it reeks of bad mojo.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Only Luck if he gets his long-ball in shape. If he could do that; I'm in.

talastan
09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
What is the deal with Mallet, I've heard he is a Tebow clone, but with a better, more traditional throwing motion. So is he more like Steve Young?

Pants
09-09-2010, 03:39 PM
What is the deal with Mallet, I've heard he is a Tebow clone, but with a better, more traditional throwing motion. So is he more like Steve Young?

He's a 6'7 freak with a fucking cannon and can play under center. Fuck Tim Tebow.

keg in kc
09-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Mallet's a Tebow clone?

Yep, I'm on the planet.

Bane
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Locker sucks because he had one game under 500 yards and 7 TD passes /CP Know it all dumb asses.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Does his performance vs BYU change your mind? To me theres no doubt he's a Cassel clown.

LMAO You're a fucking moron that didn't see that game, or understand any of the predicating circumstances of his performance. You also didn't see the NFL type TD throw he made early on in the game. He's going to be a star at the next level. More so than any Nebraska QB that's EVER played the game, or ever will for that matter.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 03:45 PM
He's a 6'7 freak with a fucking cannon and can play under center. Fuck Tim Tebow.

He looks like a cross between Bradford and last year, USC-Sanchez, which is cool with me.

He's got a pretty sweet mid-range ball.

Pants
09-09-2010, 03:47 PM
I will take Mallett first, then Locker. Luck has a lot of potential, I guess, but I don't know why people are so high on him as of right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I will take Mallett first, then Locker. Luck has a lot of potential, I guess, but I don't know why people are so high on him.

He's got great pocket presence, he's very precision with the dink and dunk, but if we're going to upgrade, I'd at least like to see a guy who can hit 35 and 40 yards out and do it well and often.

the Talking Can
09-09-2010, 03:52 PM

did you watch the game?

Pants
09-09-2010, 03:53 PM
He's got great pocket presence, he's very precision with the dink and dunk, but if we're going to upgrade, I'd at least like to see a guy who can hit 35 and 40 yards out and do it well and often.

Locker and Mallett are accurate and have good pocket presence as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Locker and Mallett are accurate and have good pocket presence as well.

Well, that's why Luck ain't exactly my first choice. :D

Frankie
09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
If there's a chance we might draft him, I hate him. /KC

ROFLROFL:thumb: This has to earn a rep.:clap:

BossChief
09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I admittedly didn't see the BYU game, but I am still on the Locker bandwagon.

I think the kid turns into the next Steve Young. Its a shame we wont draft high enough to have a shot at him.

Mallet needs to show his accuracy is improved. I haven't been impressed with him in this category. In this offense, it is crucial to be very accurate because its predicated on RAC yards. This is why I was so high on Jimmy Clausen.

Luck wont be in a NFL draft for at least another year. He has basically already said so a few times.

Gabbert is an overrated spread monkey that couldn't hit 60% completions and will only be a junior if he comes out in the next draft. He would need to show a hell of a lot this year to be considered as a first rounder for us after only starting for one year.

keg in kc
09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Gabbert is an overrated spread monkey that couldn't hit 60% completions and will only be a junior if he comes out in the next draft. He would need to show a hell of a lot this year to be considered as a first rounder for us after only starting for one year.I'm not a Missouri fan, but, ah, didn't Gabbert start last year?

the Talking Can
09-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I admittedly didn't see the BYU game, but I am still on the Locker bandwagon.

I think the kid turns into the next Steve Young. Its a shame we wont draft high enough to have a shot at him.

Mallet needs to show his accuracy is improved. I haven't been impressed with him in this category. In this offense, it is crucial to be very accurate because its predicated on RAC yards. This is why I was so high on Jimmy Clausen.

Luck wont be in a NFL draft for at least another year. He has basically already said so a few times.

Gabbert is an overrated spread monkey that couldn't hit 60% completions and will only be a junior if he comes out in the next draft. He would need to show a hell of a lot this year to be considered as a first rounder for us after only starting for one year.

any QB we draft is going to be around longer than Weis

i hope to hell we wouldn't exclude QBs because they aren't a fit for the Cassel offense....

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm not a Missouri fan, but, ah, didn't Gabbert start last year?

He did. It would be two years starting experience under his belt.

kepp
09-09-2010, 04:10 PM

ROFL You sure can't base that statement on how he's played against ISU - 23 of 32, 337 yards, 2 TDs

He *would* be better served, IMO, to stay for his senior year though. He needs to develop better pocket presence and there are going to be lots of "big name" QBs coming out this year.

Titty Meat
09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
LMAO You're a ****ing moron that didn't see that game, or understand any of the predicating circumstances of his performance. You also didn't see the NFL type TD throw he made early on in the game. He's going to be a star at the next level. More so than any Nebraska QB that's EVER played the game, or ever will for that matter.

Jake Locker sucks so much you have to compare him to a redshirt freshmen QB? I watched some of the game it was on the TV right next to the Nebraska game and Locker looked very Casselish. He's athletic yada yada he averaged 7 yards a throw whos that remind you of?

BossChief
09-09-2010, 04:14 PM
any QB we draft is going to be around longer than Weis

i hope to hell we wouldn't exclude QBs because they aren't a fit for the Cassel offense....

Well, with all due disrespect to Cassel, its not his offense. Weis' scheme calls for a bunch of RAC and even in the spread Gabbert couldn't crack 60% passing.

Red Flag right there.

So far, he has only started one year is what I meant.

Apologizes for that being misunderstood.

If Gabbert completes more than 65% of his passes and holds his YPA strong and shows to not have injury concerns (that might arise again) he will be in the talks, but not until he does those things. He will be a project, but he needs to show he can progress before he gets into the conversation for our first rounder.

JMO

Mr. Laz
09-09-2010, 04:16 PM
He looks like a cross between Bradford and last year, USC-Sanchez, which is cool with me.

He's got a pretty sweet mid-range ball.ROFL

what a buffoon

BossChief
09-09-2010, 04:17 PM
He did. It would be two years starting experience under his belt.

Do me a favor ok...

show me a list of underclassmen quarterbacks with only two years starting experience, played in a spread and had less than 60% comp% to have a successful career after being drafted in the first round. You can probably list them on one hand, if not one finger. Then go ahead and add in all the rest that were drafted in the rest of the draft.

Ill wait.

Titty Meat
09-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Gabbert is a way more accurate QB than Locker. If we hate Cassel for not being able to complete 60% of his throws how are you going to like Locker whos never completed 60% of his passes for a whole season?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Jake Locker sucks so much you have to compare him to a redshirt freshmen QB? I watched some of the game it was on the TV right next to the Nebraska game and Locker looked very Casselish. He's athletic yada yada he averaged 7 yards a throw whos that remind you of?

Uh, I didn't compare him to your current QB. I compared him to every single one that's ever wore your uniform. And I watched the whole game. The playcalling sucked and Locker doesn't call the plays. I've seen 10 times more of him than you have, so I'm well aware of his capabilities. I also was the one saying he wasn't accurate enough after his sophomore year, and the one that said it improved overnight into his junior year. Believe it or don't. You'll see for yourself over the next half decade and beyond.

the Talking Can
09-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Well, with all due disrespect to Cassel, its not his offense. Weis' scheme calls for a bunch of RAC and even in the spread Gabbert couldn't crack 60% passing.

Red Flag right there.

So far, he has only started one year is what I meant.

Apologizes for that being misunderstood.

If Gabbert completes more than 65% of his passes and holds his YPA strong and shows to not have injury concerns (that might arise again) he will be in the talks, but not until he does those things. He will be a project, but he needs to show he can progress before he gets into the conversation for our first rounder.

JMO

no, i know what you meant...i just never pass up a dig at my boy Cassel

i just hope we'd take the best QB, and design an offense around him as opposed to the other way round

Mr. Laz
09-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Mallet's a Tebow clone?

Yep, I'm on the planet.well to be honest ... he was asking a question, not making a statement.

BossChief
09-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Gabbert is a way more accurate QB than Locker. If we hate Cassel for not being able to complete 60% of his throws how are you going to like Locker whos never completed 60% of his passes for a whole season?

Locker needs to improve in this area.

No doubt.

But his other skills offer up a better whole package IMO

Like I said, I see him as a guy that could develop into a Steve Young type player under Weis.

I would be totally fine with trading up to get him, even if it would cost us a top ten and a second rounder.

Titty Meat
09-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Uh, I didn't compare him to your current QB. I compared him to every single one that's ever wore your uniform. And I watched the whole game. The playcalling sucked and Locker doesn't call the plays. I've seen 10 times more of him than you have, so I'm well aware of his capabilities. I also was the one saying he wasn't accurate enough after his sophomore year, and the one that said it improved overnight into his junior year. Believe it or don't. You'll see for yourself over the next half decade and beyond.

He improved to 21 td's 11 INTs and 58% completed passes. Hmm where have I seen that?

And FYI Locker isn't a better college QB than Frazier or Crouch but nice try.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2010, 04:22 PM
He improved to 21 td's 11 INTs and 58% completed passes. Hmm where have I seen that?

LMAO

the Talking Can
09-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm kind of relived this year...usually i have skin in the game for a specific QB (like stafford) and have to argue all the tards...

i really haven't watched any of these QBs play much...so, I can just listen to the arguments and hope we take someone, the right one....

the Talking Can
09-09-2010, 04:25 PM

what do frazier and crouch have to do with a discussion about nfl caliber QBs?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Luck is the most pro-ready.

Gabbert and Mallet both have more upside. Mallet's taller, although anything over 6'4 is really irrelevant, and Gabbert is much more mobile.

I don't think there is any way we draft top 12 with the schedule we face this year. Cassel will look just good enough for True Fans to argue he needs another year.

When he falls on his face in '11, maybe then we'll be in a position to go after Gabbert.

I'm really hoping he stays through his senior year.

Titty Meat
09-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Gabbert and Mallet both have more upside. Mallet's taller, although anything over 6'4 is really irrelevant, and Gabbert is much more mobile.

I don't think there is any way we draft top 12 with the schedule we face this year. Cassel will look just good enough for True Fans to argue he needs another year.

When he falls on his face in '11, maybe then we'll be in a position to go after Gabbert.

I think Gabbert goes after this year he'll be rated the 3rd QB. Luck, Mallet, Gabbert. You can make the argument Gabbert right now is better than Mallet who needs to work on his foot work.

DeezNutz
09-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Gabbert is going to be an outstanding pro. We can only hope beyond hope that we're lucky enough to snag him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 04:36 PM
ROFL You sure can't base that statement on how he's played against ISU - 23 of 32, 337 yards, 2 TDs

He *would* be better served, IMO, to stay for his senior year though. He needs to develop better pocket presence and there are going to be lots of "big name" QBs coming out this year.

Agreed. We probably won't draft a QB in 2011 anyway because Cassel will get the "Vrabel treatment" for another year.

Another long, long year...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 04:39 PM
ROFL

what a buffoon

:spock:

Bane
09-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Agreed. We probably won't draft a QB in 2011 anyway because Cassel will get the "Vrabel treatment" for another year.

Another long, long year...

Who's Brady's back up now?:p

keg in kc
09-09-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm kind of relived this year...usually i have skin in the game for a specific QB (like stafford) and have to argue all the tards...This year is going to seem like a QB buffet for me after the last 5 or 6 drafts. I've seen exactly four QBs I wanted, Flacco, Rodgers, Ryan and Stafford, since the year Eli and Rivers (and Roethlisberger) came out. Just four, in all that time.

the Talking Can
09-09-2010, 04:44 PM
This year is going to seem like a QB buffet for me after the last 5 or 6 drafts. I've seen exactly four QBs I wanted, Flacco, Rodgers, Ryan and Stafford, since the year Eli and Rivers (and Roethlisberger) came out. Just four, in all that time.

:D

i'm a little more promiscuous when it comes to qbs....

DeezNutz
09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Mallett is raw as fuck, but he has all the necessary physical tools.

He needs to show more polished footwork this season, though.

keg in kc
09-09-2010, 04:47 PM
:D

i'm a little more promiscuous when it comes to qbs....I guess I could throw in a 5th - I'd have been okay with Clausen, since we had the inside track on him. But other than that, I haven't seen much that I liked.

I have a more refined taste in men than you do!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Who's Brady's back up now?:p
Last I heard, it was Rico Whizzlewhacker FTW!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Mallett is raw as fuck, but he has all the necessary physical tools.

He wouldn't get away with it in the NFL, but that "behind the back"-fake he did was pretty fucking sweet, I must say.

keg in kc
09-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I think Mallett's draft position is ultimately going to come down to his play against LSU and Alabama. Much like last year I think he'll wipe out the rest of the schedule. Interested to see if he's able to step it up against the elite. Think Arkansas as a whole is a better team, so he should.

I think he'll end up being the best QB of the bunch if he lands in the right situation.

beer bacon
09-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Gabbert is accurate, has a strong arm, and he is mobile. His biggest weakness is pocket presence. He depends on his mobility too much. Instead of stepping up into the pocket when he feels pressure from the outside, he is quick to scramble. He has made some big plays on these scrambles, but he would be better served to step up into the pocket and continue through his reads. At least that is my amateur fan opinion.

Titty Meat
09-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Gabbert is accurate, has a strong arm, and he is mobile. His biggest weakness is pocket presence. He depends on his mobility too much. Instead of stepping up into the pocket when he feels pressure from the outside, he is quick to scramble. He has made some big plays on these scrambles, but he would be better served to step up into the pocket and continue through his reads. At least that is my amateur fan opinion.

Has he always been like that or was it because of the ankle injury?

DeezNutz
09-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I completely disagree with the lack of pocket awareness. Completely.

Sam Hall
09-09-2010, 05:32 PM

Comparing Locker to any Husker quarterback is just ridiculous. Nebraska isn't exactly known for its pro-style quarterbacks. We'll see about Locker's draft stock after he faces the Pelinis.

Titty Meat
09-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Comparing Locker to any Husker quarterback is just ridiculous. Nebraska isn't exactly known for its pro-style quarterbacks. We'll see about Locker's draft stock after he faces the Pelinis.

We'll beat them by 14+. And if Callahan was still here Gabbert would be the QB.

googlegoogle
09-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Stanford qb?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Stanford qb?

Luck, yes.

go bo
09-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Does his performance vs BYU change your mind? To me theres no doubt he's a Cassel clown.i don't know...

do you know of anybody with a fan in their locker?

pretty ritzy if you ask me...

beer bacon
09-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Has he always been like that or was it because of the ankle injury?

It seems to me that he has always been like that since he became MU's starter. I know other MU fans have conjectured that he only started it after he got hurt last season. His high school teams were never very good, so I wonder if he was running for his life a lot before he got to MU.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I completely disagree with the lack of pocket awareness. Completely.

Agreed. Aside from one play against Illinois, he shows tremendous poise. He's also not afraid to take one in the mouth. The dude is a tough sonofabitch.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
To me, Gabbert and Mallett have the same ceiling, while Gabbert has a much higher floor.

Jewish Rabbi
09-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Agreed. Aside from one play against Illinois, he shows tremendous poise. He's also not afraid to take one in the mouth. The dude is a tough sonofabitch.

In the Illinois game he didn't show much poise. Way too quick to scramble.

Frankie
09-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Mallett is raw as ****, but he has all the necessary physical tools.

Not too much polish. Just enough to be available when its our turn to draft. Mallet is my early favorite based on, admittedly, not much but his physical attributes. I reserve the right to change my mind as the season goes on.

Frankie
09-09-2010, 07:53 PM

Help me out here. The last Nebrasks QB I remember start for an NFL team had an Italian last name. Santorini or something. And that was when the Rams were back in LA.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 07:54 PM
After watching Gabbert last week I wouldn't touch him. I guess it could change by draft time... but if he keeps playing like that he can fuck off.

beer bacon
09-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Gabbert was pretty good last week.

Frankie
09-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Has anyone run into a good website that has these QBs' physical stats? Is there a short or twiggy one among them that we should avoid just because of his lack of stature?

beer bacon
09-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Locker is 6'3 220. Luck is 6'4 235. Mallett is 6'7 240. Ponder is 6'3 220. Gabbert is 6'5 235.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Gabbert was pretty good last week.

ROFL

beer bacon
09-09-2010, 08:14 PM
ROFL

He really only had two bad plays: the sack at the end of the first half and he overthrew a guy in the end zone. He was good outside of that. He made some plays, including the touchdown pass to TJ Moe, that only a handful of college QBs are capable of.

What is your college team again RustShack? Honest question.

Frankie
09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Locker is 6'3 220. Luck is 6'4 235. Mallett is 6'7 240. Ponder is 6'3 220. Gabbert is 6'5 235.

Thanks dude. I guess, there's no midget or Brody among them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 08:19 PM
He really only had two bad plays: the sack at the end of the first half and he overthrew a guy in the end zone. He was good outside of that. He made some plays, including the touchdown pass to TJ Moe, that only a handful of college QBs are capable of.

Iowa State I believe.

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 08:21 PM

Since there's no such thing as a 35 or 40 yard out route, you're going to be looking for a while.

beer bacon
09-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Iowa State I believe.

Didn't Gabbert eat ISU up last year? Gabbert's stat line against ISU last season:

32 23 71.9 337 2 0 10.5 181.0

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Iowa State I believe.

Yep. I believe he's the one who said that Austin Arnaud was poised to be one of the top QBs in the Big XII last year before he got hurt.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 08:24 PM

Oh he did make some plays. And put up some nice stats. I would take him as a College QB. His pocket presence was complete shit. He could have stepped up multiple times and made some real nice throws. Instead he kept running out of the pocket, a lot of the time when he had no reason to at all. A lot of times it made his footwork and throwing motion complete shit too. Sometimes he would start to run out(for no reason) then just stop and make an ugly though. To his credit a lot of those ended up nice plays.. but that wont fly in the NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Since there's no such thing as a 35 or 40 yard out route, you're going to be looking for a while.

Who said anything about an "out route"?

I was referring to, well, a 35 or 40 yard pass. Down the sideline? Down the middle? Hit in stride?

Work with me here.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Yep. I believe he's the one who said that Austin Arnaud was poised to be one of the top QBs in the Big XII last year before he got hurt.

I don't think I said that last year. I might have said being in the spread will help him. But I did say he will be this year. I've however never said anything about him being an NFL QB, and thats what this thread is about.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Didn't Gabbert eat ISU up last year? Gabbert's stat line against ISU last season:

32 23 71.9 337 2 0 10.5 181.0

Yeah, Gabbert was good when he wasn't playing against a good defense.

Vs Texas, Nebraska & Oklahoma State: 47-103, 581 yds (172.7 yds/gm), 2 TDs, 5 INTs

Vs everyone else (10 games): 215-342, 3012 yds (301.2 yds/gm), 22 TDs, 4 INTs

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Who said anything about an "out route"?

I was referring to, well, a 35 or 40 yard pass. Down the sideline? Down the middle? Hit in stride?

Work with me here.

You said 35 or 40 yard outs. I guess I just assumed that you wanted him to actually throw it to a player. I think I would question a quarterback who threw the ball 40 yards downfield when a deep out route is 12 yards.

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't think I said that last year. I might have said being in the spread will help him. But I did say he will be this year. I've however never said anything about him being an NFL QB, and thats what this thread is about.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227561&page=405

Austin Arnaud was poised to be one of the Big12's better QB's last year until he got hurt.

and just for good measure

Are you kidding? Iowa States football team is a lot better this year than it was last year. They also should have won the Kansas and Kansas State games among others easily. But they team themselves because they were learning the spread offense and also had a new defensive scheme. Its between them and Nebraska to win the north this year..

RustShack
09-09-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227561&page=405

and just for good measure

Yeah? He was doing good last year outside the Iowa game before he got hurt.

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah? He was doing good last year outside the Iowa game before he got hurt.

There are 11 other teams in the Big XII.

Was he:

Better than Sam Bradford? Better than Colt McCoy? Better than Blaine Gabbert? Better than Todd Reesing? Better than Zack Robinson? Better than Taylor Potts? Better than Robert Griffin?

At the absolute best, he was poised to be the 8th best.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 08:54 PM
In his 5 games(excluding Iowa) before getting hurt he had 1,000 yards, 8 TD's and 0 Int's. It isn't great, but it was also without three of his top 4 Wr's. The second game of the year against Iowa was ugly with 4 INT's... but that was again without his WR's and his first real game in a spread offense. After he broke his throwing hand he finished the those games with 935 yards 6 TD's and 8 INT's.

This year though he has all three of those WR's back, one who stepped up pretty big last year, and a much better TE this year. Not to mention its his second year in the spread offense(our OC who game from Rice broke nearly every offensive record there after a down first year including having a top 5 offense in the Nation) and this is the first time AA has been in the same offense two years in a row.. not to mention its also his Senior year. Like I said, hes poised to have a big year.

He was very impressive last week(outside just a few throws) against NIU who is ranked higher than ISU, went to a Bowl game last year, and they have the #1 defense in whatever conference they are in.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 08:55 PM
There are 11 other teams in the Big XII.

Was he:

Better than Sam Bradford? Better than Colt McCoy? Better than Blaine Gabbert? Better than Todd Reesing? Better than Zack Robinson? Better than Taylor Potts? Better than Robert Griffin?

At the absolute best, he was poised to be the 8th best.

That was me talking about him this year..

RustShack
09-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Wait my bad wrong one. Yeah he could have had a better year than some of them if he hadn't got hurt. Who knows where he would have finished... he was in the top half at least before the injury.

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 08:57 PM
That was me talking about him this year..

No it wasn't. You said that he was poised to be one of the better QBs in the Big XII BEFORE he got hurt. He got hurt last year.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 08:58 PM
But anyways this is pretty irrelevant to this discussion.. because being a good Big12 QB doesn't make you a good NFL QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 09:01 PM
But anyways this is pretty irrelevant to this discussion.. because being a good NCAA QB doesn't make you a good NFL QB.

Better.

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 09:01 PM
In his 5 games(excluding Iowa) before getting hurt he had 1,000 yards, 8 TD's and 0 Int's. It isn't great, but it was also without three of his top 4 Wr's. The second game of the year against Iowa was ugly with 4 INT's... but that was again without his WR's and his first real game in a spread offense. After he broke his throwing hand he finished the those games with 935 yards 6 TD's and 8 INT's.

This year though he has all three of those WR's back, one who stepped up pretty big last year, and a much better TE this year. Not to mention its his second year in the spread offense(our OC who game from Rice broke nearly every offensive record there after a down first year including having a top 5 offense in the Nation) and this is the first time AA has been in the same offense two years in a row.. not to mention its also his Senior year. Like I said, hes poised to have a big year.

He was very impressive last week(outside just a few throws) against NIU who is ranked higher than ISU, went to a Bowl game last year, and they have the #1 defense in whatever conference they are in.

He's a solid QB, but he's not a guy who stands out. You can't laugh at the game Gabbert had against Illinois while praising Arnaud. I think Gabbert's over-rated, but he's way above Arnaud.

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 09:02 PM
There's never been a Big XII QB who was a good NFL QB. Kordell Stewart is the best one. Yuck

RustShack
09-09-2010, 09:02 PM
He's a solid QB, but he's not a guy who stands out. You can't laugh at the game Gabbert had against Illinois while praising Arnaud. I think Gabbert's over-rated, but he's way above Arnaud.

Uhh.. I have never said anything about Arnaud being a NFL QB ever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Oh he did make some plays. And put up some nice stats. I would take him as a College QB. His pocket presence was complete shit. He could have stepped up multiple times and made some real nice throws. Instead he kept running out of the pocket, a lot of the time when he had no reason to at all. A lot of times it made his footwork and throwing motion complete shit too. Sometimes he would start to run out(for no reason) then just stop and make an ugly though. To his credit a lot of those ended up nice plays.. but that wont fly in the NFL.

This is completely uninformed bullshit.

beer bacon
I don't know if Gabbert is overrated. Most MU fans know he has weaknesses, and the drafting sites don't seem to think he is a sure-fire 1st rounder in the next draft. Blaine has all the physical tools of the ideal NFL QB. In some of the drafts we have had in recent years he would probably end up an early 1st rounder, but in this upcoming draft he could drop quite a bit. Some years there just aren't many QBs that have the physical abilities NFL GMs want combined with great college careers. Locker will probably never do much at Washington, but he seems like a surefire number one or at least top three pick.

My hope is Gabbert stays at MU for a while and works on his weaknesses like pocket awareness.

RustShack

LOL

Did you not watch the game?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2010, 09:10 PM
There's never been a Big XII QB who was a good NFL QB. Kordell Stewart is the best one. Yuck

Troy Aikman started at Oklahoma, albeit for a year before transferring.
Bobby Layne played QB at Texas.

Granted, they were SWAC guys, but Kordell was a Big 8 guy.

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 09:11 PM

Not all of it. Gabbert ran into pressure several times when he had a nice pocket. It drove me absolutely nuts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2010, 09:11 PM
LOL

Did you not watch the game?

I watched the game, yes. Go back to the game thread. I was commenting in it.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I didn't see him step up once. All he wanted to do is run out with or without pressure. Even when he didn't run you could tell he wanted to by what he did with his feet most of the time. I don't know if hes like that every game or not... but he sure as hell was against Illinois.. or he could just have terrible footwork... which I'm not saying.. but if your trying to say he wasn't trying to run out then he must.

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Troy Aikman started at Oklahoma, albeit for a year before transferring.
Bobby Layne played QB at Texas.

Granted, they were SWAC guys, but Kordell was a Big 8 guy.

I believe Stewart's Senior year was the first year of the Big XII.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
I watched the game, yes. Go back to the game thread. I was commenting in it.

I'm not going to argue about this, because just the way your talking I'm just going to assume your a Mizzou fan and that you have been talking up Gabbert as a NFL prospect so your going to be all stupid about it. Honestly though, you are the one and only person I have encountered so far who is denying that he was playing like that last week.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
I believe Stewart's Senior year was the first year of the Big XII.

Incorrect. His final year was 1994. The Big XII's first year was 1996.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm not going to argue about this, because just the way your talking I'm just going to assume your a Mizzou fan and that you have been talking up Gabbert as a NFL prospect so your going to be all stupid about it. Honestly though, you are the one and only person I have encountered so far who is denying that he was playing like that last week.

He struggled in the first half, but he played demonstrably better in the second half. He stayed in the pocket, save for one play where he had about 12 seconds in the pocket. He didn't play nearly as well as he did against Illinois last year, but that's not to say he played poorly. He had no running game, and a lot of the screens they ran early in the game were very poorly designed.

Saul Good
09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Incorrect. His final year was 1994. The Big XII's first year was 1996.

Technically, the Big XII was formed in February 1994, but you are correct. They didn't actually play under the Big XII until 1996.

Either way, Kordell Stewart is the best QB that you can even loosely tie to the Big XII. If you take him out of the mix, and I guess you should, it's Vince Young.

beer bacon
09-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Chase Daniel - Future best NFL QB out of the Big 12.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 09:20 PM
He struggled in the first half, but he played demonstrably better in the second half. He stayed in the pocket, save for one play where he had about 12 seconds in the pocket. He didn't play nearly as well as he did against Illinois last year, but that's not to say he played poorly. He had no running game, and a lot of the screens they ran early in the game were very poorly designed.

Alright I can believe this. I watched the full first half, and was off and on during the second half.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Technically, the Big XII was formed in February 1994, but you are correct. They didn't actually play under the Big XII until 1996.

Either way, Kordell Stewart is the best QB that you can even loosely tie to the Big XII. If you take him out of the mix, and I guess you should, it's Vince Young.

Good God, you were wrong. Just admit it and stop trying to spin. This isn't DC. He never played a Big XII game, he missed it by two years.

beer bacon
09-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Alright I can believe this. I watched the full first half, and was off and on during the second half.

The entire team looked better in the second half. I was there at the EJ Dome. I was catatonic at half time, then ecstatic once the game was over.

Titty Meat
09-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Sam Bradford might be the best NFL Qb.

RustShack
09-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Sam Bradford might be the best NFL Qb.

Keep doubting Seneca Wallace and Sage Rosenfels!

Sam Hall
09-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Help me out here. The last Nebrasks QB I remember start for an NFL team had an Italian last name. Santorini or something. And that was when the Rams were back in LA.

Exactly. Nebraska doesn't exactly put its quarterbacks in position to play in the NFL.

Saccopoo
09-09-2010, 10:39 PM
I think Gabbert goes after this year he'll be rated the 3rd QB. Luck, Mallet, Gabbert. You can make the argument Gabbert right now is better than Mallet who needs to work on his foot work.

Gabbert is pretty far down the list as far as prospective quarterbacks go. They don't like his inaccuracy.

The guys beyond Mallet and Locker that seem to be getting a lot of attention from the pro scouts is Christian Ponder of Florida State and Pat Devlin of Delaware. Devlin has a rocket arm and is very precise with his throws. Ponder is incredibly accurate, has superb footwork, excellent pocket awareness and already has his MBA from FSU.

Gabbert, at this point, is a third/fourth round guy due to his lack of accuracy and experience in a spread system.

-King-
09-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Gabbert is pretty far down the list as far as prospective quarterbacks go. They don't like his inaccuracy.

The guys beyond Mallet and Locker that seem to be getting a lot of attention from the pro scouts is Christian Ponder of Florida State and Pat Devlin of Delaware. Devlin has a rocket arm and is very precise with his throws. Ponder is incredibly accurate, has superb footwork, excellent pocket awareness and already has his MBA from FSU.

Gabbert, at this point, is a third/fourth round guy due to his lack of accuracy and experience in a spread system.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7594/egzaq9jpg.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 10:42 PM
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7594/egzaq9jpg.gif

LMAO

Sam Hall
09-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Every one of these college QBs we're discussing are better than Cassel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 10:45 PM

"lest we not forget"?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2010, 10:47 PM

Yeah, I was good until Billay compared Locker to Cassel, which is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I was good until Billay compared Locker to Cassel, which is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Even just looking at it makes me think the universe has imploded.

Titty Meat
09-09-2010, 11:03 PM

The stats are comprable.

-King-
09-09-2010, 11:05 PM
The stats are comprable.

What? :spock: You're comparing college stats...to NFL stats?

RustShack
09-09-2010, 11:07 PM
What? :spock: You're comparing college stats...to NFL stats?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

:shake:

Sully
09-09-2010, 11:08 PM
The stats are comprable.

Wow.

You should probably sit the next few plays out, Champ.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2010, 11:08 PM
The stats are comprable.

LMAO No. No they're not. See, Jake Locker actually fucking STARTS for his team. I can't even believe you're trying to sling this shit. I'm going to chalk you up as trolling.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Wow.

You should probably sit the next few plays out, Champ.

LMAO

Joe Seahawk
09-09-2010, 11:32 PM
I would chop off my pinky finger to have Locker drafted by the Seahawks. I'm serious..

When was the last time you used your pinky anyway?

Mecca
09-09-2010, 11:50 PM
There's really no way Gabbert should even consider coming out at this point. If anyone thinks Mallet is a questionable prospect that should send up the flag to Gabbert to wait it out.

Titty Meat
09-10-2010, 12:21 AM
LMAO No. No they're not. See, Jake Locker actually ****ing STARTS for his team. I can't even believe you're trying to sling this shit. I'm going to chalk you up as trolling.

I guess we'll see what happens in a few weeks it's not like the Pac 10 has impressive defenses.

POND_OF_RED
09-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Yeah, Gabbert was good when he wasn't playing against a good defense.

Vs Texas, Nebraska & Oklahoma State: 47-103, 581 yds (172.7 yds/gm), 2 TDs, 5 INTs

Vs everyone else (10 games): 215-342, 3012 yds (301.2 yds/gm), 22 TDs, 4 INTs

Get your homer goggles off man, they're killing brain cells. You think hobbling around on a nearly broken ankle had anything to do with the stat lines in those 3 games? You can't seriously say shit like that and then follow it up with a pro Austen Arnaud post within the hour. The only good defenses AA faced last year were Iowa and Oklahoma State (injured against Nebraska). Let's take a look at the stat lines for those games:

24/49, 267 yards, 1 TD, 7 INT's.

Real impressive. Everyone fear the Cyclones aerial assault. ROFLROFLROFL

Also, saying Gabbert looked like shit last week doesn't hold much weight when you say Austen Arnaud looked very impressive with his 0 TD's and 2 picks against a team that you don't even know what conference they're in.

DeezNutz
09-10-2010, 05:32 AM
To me, Gabbert and Mallett have the same ceiling, while Gabbert has a much higher floor.

Good way of putting it.

The Bad Guy
09-10-2010, 06:27 AM

I don't think there's a chance they pay Cassel that bonus.

Plus, most of the really bad teams in this league have their QBs. Tampa has Freeman. STL has Bradford. Carolina just took Claussen. Oakland might stick with Campbell based on this year. Denver just invested in Tebow. Detroit with Stafford.

The only real bad teams in the league that need QBs are Buffalo, Cleveland and us.

I think we'll have a shot at one of the QBs. Now whether Pioli takes a shot at one is another story.

kepp
09-10-2010, 07:09 AM

Red Flag right there.

He completed 59% of his passes last year while playing 1/2 of the season with a high ankle sprain on his plant foot. In his first game this year he completed 71%. It's just going to be "wait-n-see" as to which is the real Gabbert, I guess.

kepp
09-10-2010, 07:14 AM

He stayed in the pocket MUCH better in the second half, for sure. But he had happy feet the entire first half.

kepp
09-10-2010, 07:17 AM
After watching Gabbert last week I wouldn't touch him. I guess it could change by draft time... but if he keeps playing like that he can **** off.

Yeah, 34-48-0 (71%), 281 yds, & 2 TDs...scary awful.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Mallett has played horribly against good teams. Last year against 4 ranked teams his completion % was 34%, 44%, 35%, and 43%. He had 7 games under 55%. I don't know why people think he's accurate unless you focus on games against cupcakes.

beer bacon
09-10-2010, 07:39 AM
QBs play worse against good defenses. The best QBs to play Nebraska last year were probably Landry Jones, Colt McCoy, Gabbert, and Nick Foles. They all had horrible games. Jones had 0 TDs and 5 INTs. Colt had O TDs and 3 INTs. Gabbert was 0-2. Foles only had one INT, but he also only had 50 passing yards.

Sam Hall
09-10-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm afraid billay is setting up Nebraska for failure next weekend at Wazzou.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm afraid billay is setting up Nebraska for failure next weekend at Wazzou.

If you were playing Wazzou, it would be a guaranteed win. But it's UW, so we'll see. :D

DeezNutz
09-10-2010, 08:52 AM
To get back to the Gabbert/Mallett thing for a moment, at present, I don't think the two are very comparable, beyond physical size.

The former has demonstrated far more polish. And anyone who saw last week's game should know this. It was simply an outstanding performance, and Gabbert made numerous throws that an average (at best) NFL QB could only dream of. Huh, I think I know someone who fits this description...

Saccopoo
09-10-2010, 09:25 AM
I guess we'll see what happens in a few weeks it's not like the Pac 10 has impressive defenses.

They will when Utah gets there. Can't speak for the rest of the shitty teams in that overrated conference though.

Personally, I think Utah screwed up by leaving and deconstructing what could have been a new football powerhouse conference with them, BYU, TCU and Boise State in the Mountain West. It does go to show that it's all about them dollar bills.

DJ's left nut
09-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Gabbert has as high a ceiling as any QB in the draft and probably higher.

He has a cannon for an arm and ideal NFL size. He's very athletic and extremely mobile for someone his size. Further, despite being injured last year, I think he'll prove extremely durable due to his size/athleticism. Look at the hit that Suh laid on him - lesser QBs are out for the season on that hit and Gabbert didn't miss a drive. His strength and flexibility are the only things that kept his leg from breaking or bursting on that hit.

He does have his warts, though. Yes, he was better in the 2nd half of last week's game, but his weakness both in the first half and most of last season was pocket awareness. He does get skittish in the pocket and there's just no dancing around it. He's also not as decisive back there as I'd like to see. Daniel knew what he wanted to do and had no qualms acting as the triggerman. Gabbert doesn't have that kind of confidence in himself. Finally, he is a pure spread QB. I thought Bradford was a great pick because he was in a hybrid spread and possessed uncanny accuracy. Gabbert isn't in a hybrid and his accuracy isn't to Bradford's level. As such, I think Gabbert will have a very steep learning curve ahead of him.

But I'd still take him in a heartbeat. If he's coached up well, he has the potential to be a truly elite, franchise level QB. He has a skill-set unrivaled among the current crop of QBs. Will he be able to translate it to the NFL? Hard to say, but damn I'd like to find out.

RustShack
09-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, 34-48-0 (71%), 281 yds, & 2 TDs...scary awful.

Good for his college stats, but they way he actually played wont work in the NFL, like I've said several times. Dumbass.

Frankie
09-10-2010, 05:28 PM

Until one of them wears a Chiefs uniform.

DeezNutz
09-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Gabbert has as high a ceiling as any QB in the draft and probably higher.

He has a cannon for an arm and ideal NFL size. He's very athletic and extremely mobile for someone his size. Further, despite being injured last year, I think he'll prove extremely durable due to his size/athleticism. Look at the hit that Suh laid on him - lesser QBs are out for the season on that hit and Gabbert didn't miss a drive. His strength and flexibility are the only things that kept his leg from breaking or bursting on that hit.

He does have his warts, though. Yes, he was better in the 2nd half of last week's game, but his weakness both in the first half and most of last season was pocket awareness. He does get skittish in the pocket and there's just no dancing around it. He's also not as decisive back there as I'd like to see. Daniel knew what he wanted to do and had no qualms acting as the triggerman. Gabbert doesn't have that kind of confidence in himself. Finally, he is a pure spread QB. I thought Bradford was a great pick because he was in a hybrid spread and possessed uncanny accuracy. Gabbert isn't in a hybrid and his accuracy isn't to Bradford's level. As such, I think Gabbert will have a very steep learning curve ahead of him.

But I'd still take him in a heartbeat. If he's coached up well, he has the potential to be a truly elite, franchise level QB. He has a skill-set unrivaled among the current crop of QBs. Will he be able to translate it to the NFL? Hard to say, but damn I'd like to find out.

We're simply not going to find common ground about Gabbert's pocket awareness. This aside, I also don't agree with the notion that he's a "pure spread QB." Coming out of high school, he was the #1 pro-style QB in the country.

Yeah, yeah, I realize HS was a long time ago. But, ****, apparently it's a viable benchmark at 1 Arrowhead.

Like almost all n00bs, I think Gabbert would profit greatly from spending at least 1/2 of a season learning behind a competent veteran, but I think he'll make the transition well.

Frankie
09-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Funny thing happened on my attempt to watch Christian Ponder today:

I fell in awe of Landry Jones!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Funny thing happened on my attempt to watch Christian Ponder today:

I fell in awe of Landry Jones!

DID YOU FUCK HIM???? DID YOU??? DID YOU???

DeezNutz
09-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Dude looked like complete shit in today's game. Complete fucking garbage.

I'm going to keep following his progress, but, based on everything I've seen to this point, I would not advocate drafting this kid in the first round; he is not an NFL QB.

Reerun_KC
09-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Dude looked like complete shit in today's game. Complete ****ing garbage.

I'm going to keep following his progress, but, based on everything I've seen to this point, I would not advocate drafting this kid in the first round; he is not an NFL QB.

this!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Dude looked like complete shit in today's game. Complete fucking garbage.

Yeah, congrats to those corn-sucking faggots on the win.:evil:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Gabbert was fucking horrendous today too, but it doesn't help when the OC isn't calling downfield passing plays.

Either way, all of these QBs will have just enough warts so that the anti-QB crowd can throw a shit fit at the thought of drafting any of them.

DeezNutz
09-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Gabbert was ****ing horrendous today too, but it doesn't help when the OC isn't calling downfield passing plays.

Either way, all of these QBs will have just enough warts so that the anti-QB crowd can throw a shit fit at the thought of drafting any of them.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, as the case may be), I didn't see the Mizzou game today. Regarding Locker, I just haven't seen it with this kid. I like Mallett and Gabbert far more.

Not ready to take a position on Luck, yet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Gabbert was fucking horrendous today too, but it doesn't help when the OC isn't calling downfield passing plays.

I don't think so. There is a clear line of deficiency that has been drawn in the sand. It's common, accepted knowledge among a large base that we could be competitive THIS YEAR with an improvement at the position that doesn't require(though we should always seek)an "Elway/Young" at the position.

It's coming. Be patient.

alanm
09-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Gabbert was ****ing horrendous today too, but it doesn't help when the OC isn't calling downfield passing plays.

Either way, all of these QBs will have just enough warts so that the anti-QB crowd can throw a shit fit at the thought of drafting any of them.Locker was playing against one of the best defensive backfields in the country today. I didn't get to see Missouri today. What was up with Gabbert?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Unfortunately (or fortunately, as the case may be), I didn't see the Mizzou game today. Regarding Locker, I just haven't seen it with this kid. I like Mallett and Gabbert far more.

Not ready to take a position on Luck, yet.

Well, I only listened to the game on the radio, but Gabbert threw two back breaking picks when we needed him the most, he was also very inaccurate save for a stretch in the second quarter.

Again, it doesn't help that we have no running game and that all our passes are 0-5 yards downfield. Gabbert plays better the more we stretch the field.

Yost and Pinkel simply have to go.

I don't know why we don't implement more traditional sets with our offense. We have decent size on the line and a number of large WRs and TEs who can beat single coverage. I actually think the spread makes this a worse offense.

DeezNutz
09-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Locker was playing against one of the best defensive backfields in the country today. I didn't get to see Missouri today. What was up with Gabbert?

And this had very little impact on his day today. He was flat out ****ing awful. Missed wide open receivers and demonstrated precious little presence in the pocket.

In other words, as a Chiefs fan, I felt very comfortable with what I was watching.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2010, 10:00 PM
FWIW, SDSU runs a 3-3-5, which means that our offense, which is predictable and stupid, to quote the great Clubber Lang, is tailor made for them.

Gabbert sounded like he was high with a lot of throws, but again, our inability to run the ball against 5 and 6 in the box is what killed us. 3 YPC against a front like that is simply unacceptable.

However, TJ Moe is Jordan Shipley, so we do have that going for us.

DeezNutz
09-18-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't know why we don't implement more traditional sets with our offense. We have decent size on the line and a number of large WRs and TEs who can beat single coverage. I actually think the spread makes this a worse offense.

Couldn't agree more. Watched the Nebraska game with my BIL today, and we had this very same conversation about our respective programs.

The system dependence and tunnel vision demonstrated by too many coaching staffs...troubling this crap is.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't think so. There is a clear line of deficiency that has been drawn in the sand. It's common, accepted knowledge among a large base that we could be competitive THIS YEAR with an improvement at the position that doesn't require(though we should always seek)an "Elway/Young" at the position.

It's coming. Be patient.

When presented with a foundational change vs. an instant impact player, most fans will always take the latter.

If we are offered a pass rusher instead of a QB, I'll bet we take the pass rusher. Furthermore, if we draft in the middle of the round, I wouldn't be surprised to see a surge of "draft the NT or draft the C" crowd.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-18-2010, 10:10 PM
So, I was never a fan of drafting Locker all the way through his sophomore season. After last year, watching his accuracy increase I thought he had all the tools to be an NFL quarterback and pimped him endlessly.

People in Seattle talk about the playcalling, they talk about the poor offensive line play, and it all feels so familiar as a Chiefs fan. What I saw was a guy that doesn't have the poise to stand in the pocket and deliver an accurate pass. He gets nervous back there, and once that happens, the ball gets overthrown. That's his M.O.

Regardless of whether Nebraska has one of the best defenses in the Nation or not, the NFL has a lot more to offer than the blackshirts do. This guy is flat out not ready and will be a project at best. I'm a fucking idiot homer. What else is new?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Locker had one pick that was negated on a holding call that was one of the worst decisions I've seen a QB make in some time. He ran backwards from the rush, turned around, and winged a jump ball into the middle of double coverage as he was falling back.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2010, 10:19 PM
When presented with a foundational change vs. an instant impact player, most fans will always take the latter.

If we are offered a pass rusher instead of a QB, I'll bet we take the pass rusher. Furthermore, if we draft in the middle of the round, I wouldn't be surprised to see a surge of "draft the NT or draft the C" crowd.

Yeah, that shit will be the same as always amongst the asses but if The Guy is Right; I wouldn't be surprised in the least by a move-up on the part of the actual decision-makers in this thing.

And in this case, wouldn't the two types of players be one in the same?

Titty Meat
09-18-2010, 10:27 PM
So, I was never a fan of drafting Locker all the way through his sophomore season. After last year, watching his accuracy increase I thought he had all the tools to be an NFL quarterback and pimped him endlessly.

People in Seattle talk about the playcalling, they talk about the poor offensive line play, and it all feels so familiar as a Chiefs fan. What I saw was a guy that doesn't have the poise to stand in the pocket and deliver an accurate pass. He gets nervous back there, and once that happens, the ball gets overthrown. That's his M.O.

Regardless of whether Nebraska has one of the best defenses in the Nation or not, the NFL has a lot more to offer than the blackshirts do. This guy is flat out not ready and will be a project at best. I'm a ****ing idiot homer. What else is new?

I wasn't just trolling when I made this thread I really do see alot of Cassel in Locker. Don't worry Flop Sark has Washington on the right track and you guys are some of the best fans in college football.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2010, 10:34 PM
I wasn't just trolling when I made this thread I really do see alot of Cassel in Locker. Don't worry Flop Sark has Washington on the right track and you guys are some of the best fans in college football.

I have no emotional investments in ANY of these college QB's. I want the Right Motherfucker for my Chiefs. Period.

http://www.moviecatcher.net/images/david-warner-in-tron.jpg

He'll disc Locker's ass right back to the 64-bit age, bitch.

keg in kc
09-18-2010, 10:41 PM

If we are offered a pass rusher instead of a QB, I'll bet we take the pass rusher. Furthermore, if we draft in the middle of the round, I wouldn't be surprised to see a surge of "draft the NT or draft the C" crowd.And I don't think a pass rusher would necessarily be a bad decision to make, but it would depend on what was done at the quarterback position prior to that. This is a tough discussion to have right now, without knowing what Cassel is going to do the rest of the season, what they decide to do with him after it's over, who they choose to replace him with if he is gone, and whether it's someone they find in March or at the end of April. Hell, we don't even know where they're picking at this point. Maybe it's five, maybe it's 15.

Frosty
09-18-2010, 10:44 PM

Regardless of whether Nebraska has one of the best defenses in the Nation or not, the NFL has a lot more to offer than the blackshirts do. This guy is flat out not ready and will be a project at best. I'm a ****ing idiot homer. What else is new?

I know someone who has been saying this for awhile. :)

I've been watching Husky fans make excuses for this guy for four years now and he still has accomplished nothing. He still sprays the ball all over and he would still rather take off with the ball rather than go through his progressions. He is Tyler Thigpen with better publicity.

Unfortunately, it looks like Washington is going to be fighting my Beavers and USC for mid pack in the PAC-10. Stanford, AZ and Oregon look like the class this year. :(

RustShack
09-18-2010, 10:54 PM
I was trying to say all year that I wouldn't take Locker.

Frankie
09-18-2010, 11:04 PM
I watched parts of the Florida State BYU game and Ponder looked very good. Did anyone see the entire game to have a better report on him?

Saccopoo
09-18-2010, 11:26 PM
I have no emotional investments in ANY of these college QB's. I want the Right Mother****er for my Chiefs. Period.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/361/803/von-miller_display_image.jpg?1282793257

Saccopoo
09-18-2010, 11:39 PM
I watched parts of the Florida State BYU game and Ponder looked very good. Did anyone see the entire game to have a better report on him?

Ponder is a stud. He has already received his Masters in Business Administration from Florida State, is physically developed for the next level, has excellent pocket awareness, and is very accurate. His only knock is that he doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but it's still quite good.

He's top 20 draft material and probably fits the Chiefs system better than the other top quarterbacks that might be in the 2011 draft.

It's going to come down to WR (Green/Jones/Floyd), OLB (Miller) or QB (Ponder/Mallet/Luck/Locker) for their first rounder.

ChiefGator
09-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Ponder is a stud. He has already received his Masters in Business Administration from Florida State, is physically developed for the next level, has excellent pocket awareness, and is very accurate. His only knock is that he doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but it's still quite good.

Well, another knock is that he is a head case.

Saccopoo
09-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Well, another knock is that he is a head case.

Yeah, I hate those "head cases" that get their MBA before their four years of eligibility is up. I mean, taking graduate business administration classes, which means you've already killed 120 undergrad hours plus another 60 grad hours and whatever intern level bullshit you have to put up with to get the MBA, shows that this guy is a complete head case. Psycho.

Plus the fact that he has an NFL ready physique, and can actually hit a guy in stride.

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Florida+State+v+North+Carolina+State+N_IpzsfCJQml.jpg

threebag
09-19-2010, 07:10 AM
I have had visions of Locker in red, but...I really don't care who we get as long as they fill the vacancy left by cassel.

suds79
09-19-2010, 07:31 AM
I'm on the Chiefs drafting a QB bandwagon this offseason and I thought Locker could be one of those intriguing guys.

Not any more.

I understand everybody has bad games but some of his decisions where just flat out bad. With a pass rush in his face what does he did? Throw a Brett Farve esk prayer jump ball. What?

Furthmore, I didn't see a single throw that really impressed me.

Pass on this guy. I don't want our next QB to be "raw" as the announcers were saying.

the Talking Can
09-19-2010, 07:40 AM
has a college player ever lost more money in a single game?

dude was a #1 pick in walter's mock put out 3 days ago

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

DeezNutz
09-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Walters, killing the Chiefs, again:

San Francisco 49ers: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
Outside of Matt Cassel, Jake Delhomme and Trent Edwards, Alex Smith was the worst quarterback in all the season openers. Unlike Kevin Kolb, he played the whole game, and unlike Jason Campbell, he has the talent around him to succeed. If Smith keeps playing like this,the 49ers won't have a choice. They'll have to draft a quarterback.

Christian Ponder struggled against Oklahoma, but I have to believe he'll turn things around and build some momentum against the weak ACC. And with some character issues soon surfacing regarding Ryan Mallett, Ponder will be the clear-cut No. 3 quarterback in the 2011 NFL Draft.

This is my least favorite pick in my 2011 NFL Mock Draft because it's slightly too early for Ponder - especially after that Oklahoma game - but the fact remains that reaching for a quarterback is better than continuously starting a dreadful one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-19-2010, 08:39 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/361/803/von-miller_display_image.jpg?1282793257

The Right QB, Frankie. NOT LB, RT, C, or towel-boy.

Walters, killing the Chiefs, again:

San Francisco 49ers: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
Outside of Matt Cassel, Jake Delhomme and Trent Edwards, Alex Smith was the worst quarterback in all the season openers. Unlike Kevin Kolb, he played the whole game, and unlike Jason Campbell, he has the talent around him to succeed. If Smith keeps playing like this,the 49ers won't have a choice. They'll have to draft a quarterback.

Christian Ponder struggled against Oklahoma, but I have to believe he'll turn things around and build some momentum against the weak ACC. And with some character issues soon surfacing regarding Ryan Mallett, Ponder will be the clear-cut No. 3 quarterback in the 2011 NFL Draft.

This is my least favorite pick in my 2011 NFL Mock Draft because it's slightly too early for Ponder - especially after that Oklahoma game - but the fact remains that reaching for a quarterback is better than continuously starting a dreadful one.

Amen.

Dave Lane
09-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Well, I only listened to the game on the radio, but Gabbert threw two back breaking picks when we needed him the most, he was also very inaccurate save for a stretch in the second quarter.

Again, it doesn't help that we have no running game and that all our passes are 0-5 yards downfield. Gabbert plays better the more we stretch the field.

Yost and Pinkel simply have to go.

Stinkel is not allowed to ever leave. Worst game day coach ever?

Saccopoo
09-19-2010, 10:44 AM
The Right QB, Frankie. NOT LB, RT, C, or towel-boy.

It's going to be a very deep QB draft. I really think that you'll find an excellent QBOTF in the 2nd round or so. However, there isn't a pure 3-4 rush backer like Miller available unless you pick Miller. It's a pick your poison type of thing.

I really like Ponder a lot. But the problem is, you never know what you are getting in a college quarterback until they hit the field. You know what you are getting in Miller - a guy with a wicked first step and insane speed.

As far as quarterbacks go, there are going to be a lot of really solid pro prospects beyond the obvious hyped guys like Mallet and Locker.

Pat Devlin of Delaware has all the tools - a strong arm that's accurate and good pocket presence.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lLsdaCVk3Kk/SdFKqOcnTCI/AAAAAAAA1hg/iQ5G8gWGqEo/s400/PatDevlin03.jpg

Andy Dalton is tearing it up again this year.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BwMQiTTD5Ak/Sx7dyaI2HEI/AAAAAAAABPk/opcxmFq8Ai0/s400/Andy+Dalton.jpg

And you'll have to wait and see which underclassman declares as the 2012 crop of QB's might be even better with guys like Nick Foles of Arizona, Blaine Gabbert of Missouri, Terrelle Pryor of Ohio State, Matt Barkley of USC (sophomore this year), Andrew Luck of Stanford (redshirt sophomore this year), John Brantley of Florida, Kellen Moore of Boise State (Jesus, this kid really looks good - completely poised with an amazing touch, but he'll get downgraded because he's not prototypical size.), Garrett Gilbert of Texas (sophomore this year), etc.

If the Chiefs were to pull the trigger on a QB this year, I'm for Ponder. However, there isn't a guy who's come out in the past couple of years who is like Von Miller. He's the absolute prototype for a rush linebacker in a 3-4 set and he's got one of the best first steps I've ever seen. It's Derrick Thomas level good. And the Chiefs pass rush is anemic. I don't think that they can pass on a guy like Miller. Shore up the O-line in subsequent rounds, get them into the system, and go for a QB in 2012. :shrug:

DJ's left nut
09-19-2010, 10:48 AM

Yost called a lot of downfield passing plays in the first half, Gabbert just couldn't hit them.

Gabbert is exclusively responsible for his struggles yesterday. Not Pinkel, not Yost, not even Jackson. He played like shit and missed any deep throws he tried in the first half, so Yost dialed down the playcalling in the 2nd.

I liked the playcalling a lot in the first half, but Gabbert showed he couldn't shoulder the load on this particular day.

ChiefsCountry
09-19-2010, 11:03 AM
It's going to be a very deep QB draft. I really think that you'll find an excellent QBOTF in the 2nd round or so. However, there isn't a pure 3-4 rush backer like Miller available unless you pick Miller. It's a pick your poison type of thing.

You draft your QB in the first round period.

Saccopoo
09-19-2010, 12:00 PM
You draft your QB in the first round period.

How's that Akili Smith jersey fit?

the Talking Can
09-19-2010, 12:46 PM
How's that Akili Smith jersey fit?

ROFL

perfect

"oh noes, it is risky!!!!!!"

true fan 101...you're smarter than that

Saccopoo
09-19-2010, 03:09 PM
ROFL

perfect

"oh noes, it is risky!!!!!!"

true fan 101...you're smarter than that

I already said I'd have no problem taking a guy like Ponder in the first as I think he's got the right set of tools to excel in Weis' offensive system. But it is risky. And I would rather not have them reach on a guy in the first just because he plays the quarterback position. And especially I would hope that the front office has the foresight to look at potential guys for future drafts, especially at the QB position.

But a pure outside rusher is just as rare as the franchise quarterback and I wouldn't mind them taking Miller either.

Hell, I wouldn't mind one of the wide receivers either, but they aren't the premiere position that a QB, OLB/Rush End, LOT is.

For every Peyton Manning, there is the Joe Montana. For every Troy Aikmen, there is a Tom Brady. For every Brian Brohm, there is a Jamarcus Russell. I have no idea where I'm going with this.

Titty Meat
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Christian Ponder? Wow talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

DeezNutz
09-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Jacory Harris's name should be mentioned.

Frankie
09-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Ponder is a stud. He has already received his Masters in Business Administration from Florida State, .....

That's another reason I like him a lot. The announcers said he finished his undergrad work in 2.5 years, already has the MBA and working on a 2nd masters. He has 'success' written all over him.

Frankie
09-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I hate those "head cases" that get their MBA before their four years of eligibility is up. I mean, taking graduate business administration classes, which means you've already killed 120 undergrad hours plus another 60 grad hours and whatever intern level bullshit you have to put up with to get the MBA, shows that this guy is a complete head case. Psycho.

Plus the fact that he has an NFL ready physique, and can actually hit a guy in stride.

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Florida+State+v+North+Carolina+State+N_IpzsfCJQml.jpg

This X 10

Frankie
09-19-2010, 05:37 PM
As far as quarterbacks go, there are going to be a lot of really solid pro prospects beyond the obvious hyped guys like Mallet and Locker.

Pat Devlin of Delaware has all the tools - a strong arm that's accurate and good pocket presence.

Andy Dalton is tearing it up again this year.

And you'll have to wait and see which underclassman declares as the 2012 crop of QB's might be even better with guys like Nick Foles of Arizona, Blaine Gabbert of Missouri, Terrelle Pryor of Ohio State, Matt Barkley of USC (sophomore this year), Andrew Luck of Stanford (redshirt sophomore this year), John Brantley of Florida, Kellen Moore of Boise State (Jesus, this kid really looks good - completely poised with an amazing touch, but he'll get downgraded because he's not prototypical size.), Garrett Gilbert of Texas (sophomore this year), etc.

If the Chiefs were to pull the trigger on a QB this year, I'm for Ponder. However, there isn't a guy who's come out in the past couple of years who is like Von Miller. He's the absolute prototype for a rush linebacker in a 3-4 set and he's got one of the best first steps I've ever seen. It's Derrick Thomas level good. And the Chiefs pass rush is anemic. I don't think that they can pass on a guy like Miller. Shore up the O-line in subsequent rounds, get them into the system, and go for a QB in 2012. :shrug:

Good info. This gives me an idea. I'm going to start a "QB draft prospects" thread strictly dedicated to this position. Please put all your info/opinion there as the year goes on. With all due respect to billay this thread is getting a bit muddy with all the talk about other positions.

Titty Meat
09-23-2010, 11:05 PM
So can we put this debate to rest?

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2010, 11:17 PM
No we need Locker to step it up so one of the good QBs fall to us.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Locker, wherefore art thou, Locker?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Paging Locker, please report.