PDA

View Full Version : Life Boulder, CO Wildfires

DaFace
09-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I have no idea how much national attention this thing has been getting, but there's a pretty massive wildfire burning just west of Boulder out here. It's not all that huge in terms of square miles, but it's turning out to be extremely devastating in terms of homes lost. Right now, they've counted 170 homes burned, and they're not even close to being caught up on the count.

Tonight, the NWS is forecasting winds with gusts up to 50mph, which means that the likelihood of them getting any level of control on the thing is pretty low. It's bad enough that they're actually warning people inside the Boulder city limits on the west side that they might have to evacuate this evening if embers start flying around.

Anyway, I don't have a specific article to post, as they're all over the place and change by the minute. If you're curious, just hit up the Denver Post webpage. There are always a bunch of articles on there.

http://www.denverpost.com/

Just keep Boulder in your thoughts - this thing's starting to get real ugly, real fast.

DaFace
09-09-2010, 05:12 PM
And no, it wasn't started by a pothead. :)

Shogun
09-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Good luck and stay safe

keg in kc
09-09-2010, 05:20 PM
If Tebow wasn't in florida he'd drink up the colorado river, whip out his fire hose and douse the entire state with his holy champagne.

DaFace
09-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Good luck and stay safe

For the record, I am fine. This is around 30 miles from me. Thanks though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure these people have insurance. I know , I know, losing your personal belongings sucks but I'm sure this saves lots of people from having to fuck with a garage sale.

Lonewolf Ed
09-09-2010, 05:32 PM
It's too bad the storm that hit Dallas veered off to the east. The edges of it are here in KC and it has been drizzling pretty much all day. The folks out in Boulder could use a good downpour. I hope they can get a handle on the fire soon. Be safe!

BIG_DADDY
09-09-2010, 05:32 PM
That's dog killing country right?

DaFace
09-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure these people have insurance. I know , I know, losing your personal belongings sucks but I'm sure this saves lots of people from having to fuck with a garage sale.

I don't necessarily disagree, but the same could be said of most natural disasters. That doesn't make them any less devastating to the people affected.

Rain Man
09-09-2010, 06:33 PM
That's dog killing country right?

And the occasional little girl.

bevischief
09-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Don't forget the 9 month olds.

Otter
09-09-2010, 09:28 PM
And the occasional little girl.

Is this a Jon Bonnet Ramsey joke?

Tasteless! I hope you feel defeeted inside!

1ChiefsDan
09-09-2010, 09:40 PM
The Bay area decided we were getting too much attention here in Colorado so they started their own fire.

LaChapelle
09-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Everyone remain calm
it's been verified that none of the homes had qurans

Buehler445
09-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Heard about that. That is a pretty densely populated area. Surely the city fire department can do some good.

FTR 50 mph winds on a fire in august can be fucking mean. I wouldn't feel too safe Face. Keep your eyes open.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
09-09-2010, 10:34 PM
The Bay area decided we were getting too much attention here in Colorado so they started their own fire.

Damn, just read about that. At least the Boulder fire started in the middle of the woods rather than in the middle of the city. Also, the Boulder fire, thus far, hasn't resulted in any major injuries. :shake: