PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Saints

philfree
09-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Saved the world in six days and then rested on the 7th??! That's the way they've made it sound anyways. They made me hate the Saints.

PhilFree:arrow:

DeezNutz
09-09-2010, 07:06 PM
In before the Hall.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
So u like watching bad teams then? Luv me some Saints.

RealSNR
09-09-2010, 07:10 PM
People tend to talk about Super Bowl champions. I'm just happy they're talking about the Saints instead of Brett Favre.

ChiefaRoo
09-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Drew Brees should have been a Chief. He was right there in the draft. RIGHT THERE!!!

Psyko Tek
09-09-2010, 07:16 PM
let it go
we would have converted him to a CB

Mecca
09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I'd rather hear about Brett Favre than this ludicrous notion that a football team saved a city from natural disaster.

Sounds like a bad movie plot.

Ebolapox
09-09-2010, 07:20 PM
yeah. this needed to be a thread.

Marcellus
09-09-2010, 07:20 PM
I'd rather hear about Brett Favre than this ludicrous notion that a football team saved a city from natural disaster.

Sounds like a bad movie plot.

And as usual you miss the whole point. The team didn't "save them from a natural disaster" it helped the city heal afterwords.

RealSNR
09-09-2010, 07:33 PM

Sounds like a bad movie plot.I agree with you.

Thankfully I haven't heard the media cover anything of the sort

Psyko Tek
09-09-2010, 07:34 PM
if he doesn't understand
you can't explain

Gonzo
09-09-2010, 08:04 PM
What's your point? I don't get it.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
09-09-2010, 10:05 PM
They sandbagged it

aturnis
09-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I've hated the Saints since they stole the game against the Vikes last year. They never should have been in that Superbowl, plain and simple. Hell, tonight they showed about five hits on Favre from that game, three of them were easy penalties. The NFL cared more about the Saints "LIFTING" New Orleans than they did about Favre riding off into the sunset. Better story, but whatever. That letter of apology REALLY heals the Vikings wounds.

-King-
09-09-2010, 10:37 PM
I've hated the Saints since they stole the game against the Vikes last year. They never should have been in that Superbowl, plain and simple. Hell, tonight they showed about five hits on Favre from that game, three of them were easy penalties. The NFL cared more about the Saints "LIFTING" New Orleans than they did about Favre riding off into the sunset. Better story, but whatever. That letter of apology REALLY heals the Vikings wounds.

Stole the game? How?

And if the NFL cared about the Saints "LIFTING" New Orleans...Um, why would they wait until 5 years after katrina?

aturnis
09-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Stole the game? How?

And if the NFL cared about the Saints "LIFTING" New Orleans...Um, why would they wait until 5 years after katrina?

Did the part about the refs not calling at least three roughing the passer or worse penalties not come through? The NFL hasn't let a defense treat a QB like that in years, lots of them. This is a protect the QB league, that's why those rules are in place, for some reason, that didn't matter that night.

They can't just fucking hand it to them, but they can sure as fuck "help" them out.

Saccopoo
09-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Stole the game? How?

Because George Bush was finally out of office. You think that he'd actually give a shit about the Saints? Aren't they from that one city somewhere that got hit by a rainstorm?

-King-
09-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Did the part about the refs not calling at least three roughing the passer or worse penalties not come through? The NFL hasn't let a defense treat a QB like that in years, lots of them. This is a protect the QB league, that's why those rules are in place, for some reason, that didn't matter that night.

They can't just fucking hand it to them, but they can sure as fuck "help" them out.

3 hits? You're blaming the whole game on 3 hits on Favre?

Yeah, lets not bring up the fact that the Vikings fumbled 5 or 6 times. Lets not bring up the fact that Brett Favre threw perhaps the dumbest pass of the 2009 season. Lets also not bring up the fact that they made literally the dumbest penalty of the whole season during crunch time.

Yeah, lets just blame it on the NFL wanting the Saints to win.

CaliforniaChief
09-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Complaining about the officiating on that seems lame.

Complaining about how the game resembled "Storm Stories" more than an NFL game? Valid complaint, IMO.

aturnis
09-09-2010, 11:11 PM
And despite all of that, they still could have won the game.

One of the illegal as **** hits resulted in a broken ****ing ankle in the 3rd quarter. Which he continued to play on. The very same type of hit Tom Brady suffered at the hands of Pollard causing them to make a special rule for said type of hit. Only this hit was compounded by the fact that there was also a player hitting him high from the other direction. The pass on the play was a INT, if the obvious penalty that wasn't called had been called, it would have been 1st and 10 Vikings 15yds down the field.

Not to mention the other two 15yd. penalties for first downs that weren't called. They would have sure helped sustain a drive and get the team in position to score.

Gonna pretend like breaking the ankle of the opposing teams QB in the 3rd on an illegal hit isn't going to help you're chances? Can't throw a decent pass if you can't plant. Still, they almost pulled it off.

KCrockaholic
09-09-2010, 11:14 PM
I'll say this about that game, and then I'm not talking about it for a very long time. The refs in the 2009 NFC champ game were far worse than anything that was called in SB XL.

But, I'm glad New Orleans won the SB. I hate the fuckin colts.

Param
09-09-2010, 11:32 PM
They're super bowl champs now.

To me, they've lost that luster of being an underdog and a loser team that you could root for to win. I also thought during the game the fans didn't seem that loud anymore.

MOhillbilly
09-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Saved the world in six days and then rested on the 7th??! That's the way they've made it sound anyways. They made me hate the Saints.

PhilFree:arrow:

YOU sir are a fucking commie.

MOhillbilly
09-10-2010, 08:11 AM
And despite all of that, they still could have won the game.

One of the illegal as **** hits resulted in a broken ****ing ankle in the 3rd quarter. Which he continued to play on. The very same type of hit Tom Brady suffered at the hands of Pollard causing them to make a special rule for said type of hit. Only this hit was compounded by the fact that there was also a player hitting him high from the other direction. The pass on the play was a INT, if the obvious penalty that wasn't called had been called, it would have been 1st and 10 Vikings 15yds down the field.

Not to mention the other two 15yd. penalties for first downs that weren't called. They would have sure helped sustain a drive and get the team in position to score.

Gonna pretend like breaking the ankle of the opposing teams QB in the 3rd on an illegal hit isn't going to help you're chances? Can't throw a decent pass if you can't plant. Still, they almost pulled it off.

scoreboard bitch!

milkman
09-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Whining and crying about officiating.

It's a true fan hobby.

rambleonthruthefog
09-10-2010, 08:23 AM
geaux saints

Red Brooklyn
09-10-2010, 08:38 AM
See, I hate Shockey. But I love Brees. I don't care for Gregg Williams, but I love Sean Peyton. I'm thrilled the city had something exciting to cheer about after such intense devastation, but I'm a big Colts fan (as long as they're not playing The Chiefs) so it was bittersweet to see them win.

Overall, there's is a great story. But it's a new season. The shine has worn off. Now they're just another team. I like to watch them play, but I'm not picking them to repeat.

MOhillbilly
09-10-2010, 08:39 AM
See, I hate Shockey. But I love Brees. I don't care for Gregg Williams, but I love Sean Peyton. I'm thrilled the city had something exciting to cheer about after such intense devastation, but I'm a big Colts fan (as long as they're not playing The Chiefs) so it was bittersweet to see them win.

Overall, there's is a great story. But it's a new season. The shine has worn off. Now they're just another team. I like to watch them play, but I'm not picking them to repeat.

gregg williams was the smartest guy in the stadium the 2nd half of the SB.

Dave Lane
09-10-2010, 08:45 AM
3 hits? You're blaming the whole game on 3 hits on Favre?

Yeah, lets not bring up the fact that the Vikings fumbled 5 or 6 times. Lets not bring up the fact that Brett Favre threw perhaps the dumbest pass of the 2009 season. Lets also not bring up the fact that they made literally the dumbest penalty of the whole season during crunch time.

Yeah, lets just blame it on the NFL wanting the Saints to win.

Ehhh he's a whining douche lately let it go...

Red Brooklyn
09-10-2010, 08:56 AM
gregg williams was the smartest guy in the stadium the 2nd half of the SB.

I'm not doubting his ability. But his attitude bothers me (and his methods are suspect). It's a stupid complaint, I realize. But there it is.

And I think Sean Payton as the smartest man in the room - or at least the ballsiest. Keeping Manning off the field won them the game.

TheGuardian
09-10-2010, 09:55 AM

They can't just ****ing hand it to them, but they can sure as **** "help" them out.

You are an absolute fucking idiot.

bobbything
09-10-2010, 10:12 AM
I'd rather hear about the Saints all day, every day than listen to one more story on what color Brett Favre's shit was last night after a late night of dick sucking and Taco Bell.

I loved that he was off target all night with his receivers. Brett Favre is too good for training camp.:rolleyes: Collinsworth pissed me off when he said that "Favre doesn't have much faith in any of the receivers." Fuck you. The receivers were in training camp for a month.