PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Kansas City Adds a new QB....

-King-
09-10-2010, 03:07 PM
....And by Kansas City...I mean the Kansas City Royals...

Pat White will sign with the Kansas City . . . Royals
Posted by Mike Florio on September 10, 2010 5:00 PM ET
Cut too late by the Dolphins to land an opportunity with another team and ineligible for duty on the practice squad, former Dolphins quarterback Pat White is taking a different approach.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, White will be signing with the Kansas City Royals.

He'll sign, we're told, a minor league contract. The Royals understand that White remains interested in playing football, and they will be flexible in letting him return to football if/when an opportunity arises.

It's our understanding that White, in theory, would have an interest in the UFL. The problem is that, with only five teams and the season starting soon, he'd be relegated to a backup role, at best.

White has been picked multiple times in the baseball amateur draft, most recently by the Yankees in 2009, in the 48th round. (This year, Seahawks receiver Golden Tate was picked by the San Francisco Giants in round 50.)

kstater
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Nuthooks

Shogun
09-10-2010, 03:09 PM
lmao

DonTellMeShowMe
09-10-2010, 03:11 PM
hmmmmmm I see what you did there

RealSNR
09-10-2010, 03:13 PM
You think you're real cute, don't you?

Demonpenz
09-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm white like frank black and not black like Pat white

CoMoChief
09-10-2010, 03:18 PM
funny, i got banned for this exact same thing.

2 weeks before Scott Pioli signed to become Chiefs' GM, I started a thread saying "Scott Pioli Signs" Because I saw (literally) a Scott Pioli sign (much like a political sign) that said "Pioli '09". In the thread post I posted, "Anyone seen signs like this?"

Then got banned, then about a week or so later, Pioli actually signed w/ the Chiefs.

seclark
09-10-2010, 03:20 PM

2 weeks before Scott Pioli signed to become Chiefs' GM, I started a thread saying "Scott Pioli Signs" Because I saw (literally) a Scott Pioli sign (much like a political sign) that said "Pioli '09". In the thread post I posted, "Anyone seen signs like this?"

Then got banned, then about a week or so later, Pioli actually signed w/ the Chiefs.

yeah...that was pretty funny.
sec

Bugeater
09-10-2010, 03:23 PM
yeah...that was pretty funny.
sec
Yep, I LOL'd when he got banned.

CHENZ A!
09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm white like frank black and not black like Pat white

I'm closer to Frank White, the black Frank White, Biggie Smalls.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-10-2010, 03:33 PM

http://i56.tinypic.com/a23bwg.gifhttp://i56.tinypic.com/a23bwg.gif

Pitt Gorilla
09-10-2010, 03:37 PM
What would the Royals want with this guy? I mean, our minors are absolutely stocked with quality talent right now.

RustShack
09-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Maybe they will let him play for the Chiefs too?

Mecca
09-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Not surprised at all, during the offseason he said he'd be better off playing baseball. Guess that hit was enough to make him think he needed to do something else.

He was a draftable prospect in high school but that's the last time he played baseball.

RealSNR
09-10-2010, 04:28 PM

Then got banned, then about a week or so later, Pioli actually signed w/ the Chiefs.The only reason kcchiefsking isn't going to get banned is nobody gives a shit about the Royals

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
A better thread title would've said, "Pat White signs with Kansas City".

aturnis
09-10-2010, 04:48 PM
BAN!!! I WANT A BAN!!

JUST KIDDING! :D

eazyb81
09-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Not surprised at all, during the offseason he said he'd be better off playing baseball. Guess that hit was enough to make him think he needed to do something else.

He was a draftable prospect in high school but that's the last time he played baseball.

He was more than "draftable"; he actually was drafted in the 4th round, and he fell in the draft due to signability concerns. Baseball America rated him as the #1 athlete in the prep class that year.

This signing harkens back to the Royals Baseball Academy back in the 70's, where the Royals would sign raw athletes and try to turn them into baseball players. Frank White and UL Washington were graduates.

Nice low-risk gamble by the Royals. I'll be following his progress. White will report to instructs later this month.

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2010, 12:24 PM
He's the next Michael Jordan!