PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Three Faces of Me – Chief’s outlook, 2010 in general, week one in particular.

AirForceChief
09-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Like most Chief’s fans, I have suffered over the last few decades. The results: Schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress, multiple personality disorder and alcoholism. The three dominant personalities I share cranium space with have voiced their opinions on the upcoming season and Monday Night. I present: The three faces of me…

Bad Luck Schleprock: I curse God, as God has cursed me a Chief’s fan. We will suck this year. Why? Because, in our infinite wisdom, we’ve decided to field substantially the same team as last year. If KC wasn’t forced to take part in the NFL Draft, we probably would have trotted out the same losers that brought us the 4-12 record of 2009. Rookies cannot be counted on to provide immediate improvement (See 2009 season…Heck, see 2007-2009). This organization has made no real improvement for years and has the worst three year record in franchise history to show for it: 10-38 (by the way, that’s the AFC’s worst record since 2007, too). When you point to new OC and DC coordinators as your “big” off season signings, you know you’re in trouble. Unless Weis can throw the ball to stretch the field and Crennel can play NT and stop the run (and they can’t), we’re in for another loooong year. Weis stated his first priority was to “fix the quarterback”…the pre-season showed us just how broke Cassel remains.

Monday night? Seriously, of all the AFC West opponents to open with, we get the Chargers. The Chargers own us; as of late we’ve lost five in a freaking row to the ‘Bolts. Last year the Chargers beat us twice by putting up an average of 40 points a game, while we answered with a paltry 21…no, not an avg of 21 per game, a total of 21 in two games. So, we should lose Monday night 40 to 10.5…the only real mystery is how Haley and Weis will manage the half point. Our vaunted 31st ranked rush defense of a year ago now gets to face rookie sensation Ryan Mathews, who averaged rushing 150 yards a game last year. Hey, we gave up an average of 156 rushing yds/game last year…maybe we can bring that down six yards or so a game this year! After all, Crennel said, "We're going to try to emphasize not letting them run the ball on us." Wow –that’s a heck of a plan…”going to try to emphasize?” Romeo, feel free to go right ahead and emphasize…hell, throw in a little “execution” while you’re at it! The loss on Monday night will start us off where we’ve been for three long seasons: historically bad, with another two drafts to go before we see real improvement (provided Clark doesn’t blow the whole thing up once again). A repeat of 4 - 12 wouldn't surprise.

Good Time Charlie: We’ve turned the corner and the Super Bowl waits! The party starts this Monday as we open the gates of a renovated Arrowhead, with a rejuvenated Chief’s team, and won’t stop ‘till we reach the playoffs, and perhaps even Dallas, Texas, site of Superbowl Whatever It Is this year! Every year a team seems to come from worst, to finish first (In each of the past seven seasons, and in nine of the 10 seasons of this decade, one of the NFL's last-place teams has gone from worst to first.) – Why NOT our beloved Chiefs? In only their second year together, Pioli and Haley continue to build a solid foundation the only reasonable way you can: Through the draft and from within. Who needs an overpriced, overhyped free agent eating up valuable salary cap room while providing nothing but a poor example to our young players? Not the Chiefs. Our 3-4 will improve b/c Jackson and Dorsey will improve – Crennel will get it done with Pleasant’s help. The three up front will hold the line while our LBs fly around and make things happen (I’m looking for big things from Johnson this year – finally!). And even Schleprock can see the secondary is going to be special. The offense will continue to improve, as it did in the second half of 2009. The left side was solid at the end of last year and the right side will be now that Lilja has come home. Asamoah will also contribute. Cassel will be better because nobody’s receivers can drop that many passes two years in a row, right? Plus, c’mon, Jamaal freakin’ Charles is going to continue to light up defenses. We’re stronger on the O-line, at RB (welcome Mr. Jones!) and receiver (get the ball to McCluster and push fast forward), not to mention once Moeaki gets on the field we’ll have a viable TE threat. Put all those tools in OC supreme Charlie Weis’ hands and good things will happen.
San Diego is the perfect opponent for Monday Night. In the history of our franchise we’ve never lost six in a row to the Chargers. It won’t happen. The crowd will rock as we establish the run, then move to play action pass. Charles-Jones one two punch will wear down a depleted S.D. defense (Merriman will be a shadow of his former self). Chambers and Bowe will produce. McCluster and Arenas will return the “special” to our Special Teams. Stronger defense, faster offense, opening night at Arrowhead…it all spells victory for the opener to what proves to be a special Chief’s season!

Voice of Reason: I love the Chiefs, and that’s hurt recently. But things are getting better. Pioli and Haley have done as much as one can expect in the short time they’ve been in place. But you have to temper your expectations - so ignore psychos one and two above. Pulling ourselves out of the basement and into mediocrity is, sadly, a couple of steps forward for our franchise. We are better on both offense and defense. But rookies take time to get their feet. Our younger players will show improvement. Unfortunately, those improvements won’t be enough to get us to a winning record this year. 8 – 8 would be great, putting us in a place to compete for the post season come 2011. It’s a stronger 53 man roster this year, but the depth to string together multiple victories just isn’t there…yet. Cassel remains unproven, but he’s not a clear free agent bust QB. K.C. did practically everything it could last year, as an organization, to ensure he’d get killed. The fact he remained upright is encouraging. I’m willing to give him another ten starts before I pass judgment. Offense and special teams have the potential to take a couple of steps forward, but that defense scares me. We seemed to have moved to the 3-4 without the three in place to run the scheme. Counting on help from within is a scary proposition, but that’s where we sit.

I don’t care who we play opening night, but since its San Diego I have one simple wish: Compete. Dear Lord, please don’t let them walk all over us like they did last year. Those two games against S.D. were two of the lowest points I endured in what otherwise was a crappy year as a Chief’s fan. Keep the score close and make the choice of whatever glam rock band that plays prior to the game the most embarrassing decision of the night. Modest goal? Yes. But it would be a solid start to getting us back to being a competitive team. I’m tired of folks referring to the team as the Chefs. I thought we’d lost that moniker back in the 80s…sigh.:banghead:

So which camp do you fall in? Or do you hear multiple voices in your head every time you think about the upcoming season??

Ebolapox
09-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm with you... I want to be optimistic, but this organization has jaded me over the years.

Dinny Bossa Nova
09-10-2010, 06:41 PM
You sound like a bunch of nice guys.

Dinny

bevischief
09-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Short version...

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Short version...

Chiefs suck

:D

Pioli Zombie
09-10-2010, 07:06 PM
That was fricken long to say 8-8.

Gonzo
09-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Like everyone else on here, year after year, I have high expectations. I imagine the Chiefs coming out after we lose the coin flip and stopping SD and forcing a 3 and out. Then KC will return the punt to the 40 of SD and Cassel will drive us into the endzone. Afterwards he runs over to the nearest Cheerleader and he and Haley ram the shit out of her thusly displaying their authority on the way do a division title and a 1st round playoff bye.
However, this is how I realistically see it going:
We lose said coin flip, San Diego drives right down the field and scores a quick 7 and our year's pretty much fucked. Afterwards Cassel runs over to the SD bench and get's ass-rammed by Norv Turner.
Same shit, different season.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I like this asshole.

FWIW, I've said 7-9 since the draft. I'm sticking with 7-9.

el borracho
09-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Sigh. The Chiefs have had the same glaring weaknesses for years and, for some unknowable reason, they repeatedly fail to address them. This team won't go anywhere until it gets a QB, a pass rusher (Hali does not count) and a run defense. I swear I don't even know why I watch anymore- the only entertainment value in the last few years is the "any given Sunday" moments like miraculously pulling a W out of their asses against the Squealers last year.

yhf
09-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Fantastic post. You have expressed the mixed emotions of a longtime Chiefs fan perfectly. As we draw closer to the season opener I find myself feeling more and more like Good Time Charlie but those other two fuckers keep nagging me. Inasmuch as none of us know for certain what will come of this season just yet, I will go ahead and remain positive and blindly expect a Monday night win. If in fact we are destined for another shit season, I might as well get while the getting is good and enjoy some blind hope.

Warrior5
09-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I like this asshole.

FWIW, I've said 7-9 since the draft. I'm sticking with 7-9.

Ditto.

milkman
09-10-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm not reading all that.

Until the Chiefs prove otherwise, they are a crap team, and have been, in my mind, since the mid 70s.

I'm still sticking with my 5-11 prediction.

Pioli Zombie
09-10-2010, 08:32 PM

Until the Chiefs prove otherwise, they are a crap team, and have been, in my mind, since the mid 70s.

They were a crap team when they were going to the playoffs almost every year? You're a moron.

milkman
09-10-2010, 08:39 PM
They were a crap team when they were going to the playoffs almost every year? You're a moron.

No, I'm not.

How many playoff games have they won since 1970?

3, you say.

That's crap.

Pioli Zombie
09-10-2010, 09:07 PM
No, I'm not.

How many playoff games have they won since 1970?

3, you say.

That's crap.
They were a crap team in 1993 when they went to the AFC Title game? They were crap when they went 13-3 in 1995,1997,and 2003? A team is not crap only if it goes to the Super Bowl?? Sheesh you are harsh. No, wait. You are just a moron.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
They were a crap team in 1993 when they went to the AFC Title game? They were crap when they went 13-3 in 1995,1997,and 2003? A team is not crap only if it goes to the Super Bowl?? Sheesh you are harsh. No, wait. You are just a moron.

Please explain how winning in the regular season means jackshit if you can't win in the playoffs.

milkman
09-10-2010, 09:15 PM

After 40 years of watching this team fail to advance to a SB, yes, you are damn right I'm harsh.

We got closer to the SB in '93, so that team was better than the rest of the crap, but every other year, we were crap one side of the ball or the other.

None of those teams had any real chance at going to the SB.

So, in the end they were crap.

If you want to call me a moron because I hope for higher satndards, that's fine, because I have no respect for you, your lack of football knowledge, or anything you stand for.

Getting insulted by a piece of shit is not insulting at all.

RedThat
09-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Geez, looking at this franchise history is really depressing.

3 ****ing playoffs wins since the 70's?!?! An abysmal ****ing 3!

That speaks high volumes of bad ownership.

RedThat
09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Thats the thing with the Chiefs?

No ****ing balance at all.

We're either one extreme or the other. Good offense, really sh*t defense.

Good defense, really sh*t offense. **** we haven't had competent balanced teams since the Stram era:(

DeezNutz
09-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Our expectations are way out of whack. As long as the games are exciting and the Q is hot, we should enjoy the entertainment.

Go Chiefs!

RedThat
09-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Our expectations are way out of whack. As long as the games are exciting and the Q is hot, we should enjoy the entertainment.

Go Chiefs!

Unfortunately, in reality that is what it's coming down to.

grandllama
09-10-2010, 09:30 PM

You know I've haven't been active in the boards for awhile, but I have to agree with your assessment on somebody like this that goes trolling in a cancer benefit thread and then exposes his complete disregard for the Hunt's incapability to field the caliber of product that is equal to or higher than how highly regarded they are within the NFL community.

There. In a very round about way I said my piece without feeding the troll. Idiots like this make me miss my debates with that attorney dude we got in trouble and oh what's his fark from that board on the east coast

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I have two chiefs #16 and #58 M&N jerseys,they're too small for me ,do you have any interests?pls contact cjerseys@yahoo they're really very nice:thumb:

Sure, Dude!

Email me at fuckyouintheasswithachromedildo.com.

Awesome!

AirForceChief
09-10-2010, 09:49 PM

In retrospect, I'll say the 2003 team was a POS. To lose 38-31 at home? Can't force one freaking punt. My favorite player at that time, Priest, puts the ball on the ground and that's the difference in the game? When the last half of the season you kept telling yourself: "The defense can't continue to be this bad...we're going to kick some ass." Only to have reality slap you upside the head and put another dagger in your heart? Yeah, that team was crap...in a strange and most painful way. Crap. :deevee:

DeezNutz
09-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Sure, Dude!

Email me at ****youintheasswithachromedildo.com.

Awesome!

In response to post #1. Fucking beautiful. LMAO.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2010, 09:51 PM
In retrospect

They've all sucked.

40 years and counting.

AirForceChief
09-10-2010, 10:35 PM
They've all sucked.

40 years and counting.

C'mon now, trooper. A Superbowl appearance (admittedly before it was named the SB - 1967), and a SB win (also before it was called the SB - 1970) do not suck. So it's only been...let's see 2010 - 1970 = 40...

Oh Fuge: :doh!:

Marcellus
09-10-2010, 11:35 PM
So did Buffalo suck losing SB's in a row? Just asking.

FAX
09-11-2010, 12:44 AM
I know exactly how you feel, Mr. AirForceChief.

The funny thing is that I tend to go from "Bad Luck Schleprock" on 1st down, to "Good Time Charlie" on 2nd down, then on to "Voice of Reason" every time we punt.

It's dizzying.

FAX

Pioli Zombie
09-11-2010, 04:37 AM
So if you don't go to the Super Bowl you are crap. Ok, got it. See, Dane? The Packers of the last decade have been total crap.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2010, 05:16 AM

I have to disagree. We had some good teams in the 90s. It's just unfortunate that Marty was the HC

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-11-2010, 05:27 AM
One voice in my head reminds me we are currently tied for first place.

The other voice reminds me we're also tied for last.

Baby Lee
09-11-2010, 06:53 AM
After 40 years of watching this team fail to advance to a SB, yes, you are damn right I'm harsh.

We got closer to the SB in '93, so that team was better than the rest of the crap, but every other year, we were crap one side of the ball or the other.

None of those teams had any real chance at going to the SB.

So, in the end they were crap.

If you want to call me a moron because I hope for higher satndards, that's fine, because I have no respect for you, your lack of football knowledge, or anything you stand for.

Every movie ever made since The Godfather was utter crap.

Dave Lane
09-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Voice of reason pretty much all the time with maybe a dash of good time in there. It's all good lads there are no expectations this year relax enjoy the season and effff all the milk mans and Danes and other chicken littles, because you know it's no big deal. At least this year.

Crush
09-11-2010, 08:08 AM

The answer is yes. You do not get participation trophies in the NFL.

Pablo
09-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Every movie ever made since The Godfather was utter crap.I don't watch movies.

Dumbass./milkman

boogblaster
09-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Well kidos I've been watching the Chiefs for over 40 years .. it's hard to watch lately .. ever in their ole days of just defense and a kicker they always went 8-8 ..

Ming the Merciless
09-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Rub a Dub Dub, 3 fags in a tub

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/1mams/Photo-0124e.jpg

milkman
09-11-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't watch movies.

Dumbass./milkman

You know me so well.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2010, 07:37 PM
So did Buffalo suck losing SB's in a row? Just asking.

How many winning seasons did the Chiefs have in the 70's?

How many winning seasons did the Chiefs have in the 80's?

How many winning seasons did the Chiefs have in the 90's?

And finally, how many winning seasons did the Chiefs have this decade?

Since 1976, there have been four rounds of Post Season play: Wildcard, Division, Championship, Super Bowl.

That leaves each team with 132 chances of victory in the post season.

During that time, the Chiefs have won exactly TWO of 132, both coming in the early part of the 90's.

Why in hell would you compare them to the Buffalo Bills team that went to four consecutive Super Bowls?