PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What will happen at RB?

Shogun
09-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Haley has already said whoever plays better is going to get the ball.

So who do you think is gonna get the ball more/be more productive?

IMO. Obviously our O line isnt to the point yet where Trich is making holes for Thomas Jones like he was @ the Jets and for Priest.

Charles knows the offense better and will have no problem on the outside for yards and yards

Jackie Battle?

Reerun_KC
09-11-2010, 12:08 AM
The qb will hand it to the rb and he will run forward

Shogun
09-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Can we trust Cassel with that?

beer bacon
09-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Can we trust Cassel with that?

I've been saying for months that we should run the triple option with McCluster, Charles, and Jones...

chiefzilla1501
09-11-2010, 06:21 AM
I've been saying for months that we should run the triple option with McCluster, Charles, and Jones...

Was really interesting to see the Chiefs line up with a split backfield with Charles and McCluster. Keep your eyes peeled for that. I think you're going to see McCluster go in motion from the slot quite a bit and I think you'll see him motion to the backfield with Charles quite a bit. I can't imagine he's going to be a lone back in the backfield very much unless it's an obvious pass situation.

michaelj_58
09-11-2010, 06:32 AM
jones will start the game and charles will come in later,battle on third and one.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Heres a fresh topic!

WhitiE
09-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Heres a fresh topic!
this man speaks the truth

Shogun
09-11-2010, 06:51 AM
Heres a fresh topic!

Im new here so....

http://www.esportsea.com/global/media_preview.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.starcraftmazter.net%2F4chan%2Ffor_forums%2Fnot_sure_if_srs .jpg

Fritz88
09-11-2010, 07:25 AM
jones will start the game and charles will come in later,battle on third and one.

If TJ starts the game then Haley is a mother fucking retard.
Posted via Mobile Device

brorth
09-11-2010, 07:44 AM
The qb will hand it to the rb and he will run forward

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Rain Man
09-11-2010, 10:37 AM
I don't have any inside information, so this is just a theory.

I think Jones will start and get the bulk of first down carries while Charles gets 2nd and 3rd, but then in Week 2 Chris Johnson will go down for the year and we'll trade Jones to the Titans for a 3rd round pick. Then Charles will get the bulk of the 1st and 2nd down carries, while McCluster will get third and long and Battle will get third and short. Then in Week 5 Frank Gore will go down for the year and we'll trade Charles in a blockbuster trade where we get San Francisco's 1st and 2nd next year if we give them Tennessee's 3rd this year. At that point Battle and McCluster will be splitting carries almost evenly. Then in Week 10, our new third running back, Cedric McBainbridge, signed out of Chadron State as an undrafted free agent, will burst onto the scene when Battle and McCluster both go out temporarily with cramps, paving the way for trades of McCluster (2nd and 3rd round picks from the Buccaneers) and Battle (3rd round pick from the Eagles). At that point McBainbridge and our new third down back Terry Wilhelm will get the bulk of the carries, though Castille will also start getting some action. We'll then use all of our new picks in next year's draft to pick defensive linemen, other than one third-round pick that will be used to draft a tight end.

Like I said, though, I've got no firm information that this will happen.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Jones starts the game and they try to pound the rock. If that works then it's jones on 1st and 2nd down ... charles on 3rd down in the 1st quarter.

if the inside running game doesn't work we go to charles and DMC with the outside running game.

in the 2nd half i expect to seem more Charles and DMC regardless because Jones has worn down the defense some.

Summary:

1st half - pound with Jones
2nd half - speed with Charles
running game not working - speed with charles at any point in the game

boogblaster
09-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Charles starts .. Jones breathes him .. Battle on 3rd and 1 ....

mcaj22
09-11-2010, 11:19 AM
it should be...

1st - Charles touches the ball in some form
2nd - Charles touches the ball in some form
3rd - Cassel throws his <10 yard check down pass to a TE, FB or HB

but instead it will probably be

1st - TJ falls down for 2 yards as the o-line gets pushed back
2nd - We look to JC to get us out of the hole
3rd - Cassel throws the ball into the dirt

LaChapelle
09-11-2010, 12:00 PM
You can post while drunk
You can post while stoned
This is proof you should never post while wearing a wifebeater

ncCHIEFfan
09-11-2010, 12:18 PM
it should be...

but instead it will probably be

1st - TJ falls down for 2 yards as the o-line gets pushed back
2nd - We look to JC to get us out of the hole
3rd - Cassel throws the ball into the dirt

this caused me to have throw-up in my mouth...sounds way too familiar! I can not watch another season of that

T-post Tom
09-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't have any inside information, so this is just a theory.

I think Jones will start and get the bulk of first down carries while Charles gets 2nd and 3rd, but then in Week 2 Chris Johnson will go down for the year and we'll trade Jones to the Titans for a 3rd round pick. Then Charles will get the bulk of the 1st and 2nd down carries, while McCluster will get third and long and Battle will get third and short. Then in Week 5 Frank Gore will go down for the year and we'll trade Charles in a blockbuster trade where we get San Francisco's 1st and 2nd next year if we give them Tennessee's 3rd this year. At that point Battle and McCluster will be splitting carries almost evenly. Then in Week 10, our new third running back, Cedric McBainbridge, signed out of Chadron State as an undrafted free agent, will burst onto the scene when Battle and McCluster both go out temporarily with cramps, paving the way for trades of McCluster (2nd and 3rd round picks from the Buccaneers) and Battle (3rd round pick from the Eagles). At that point McBainbridge and our new third down back Terry Wilhelm will get the bulk of the carries, though Castille will also start getting some action. We'll then use all of our new picks in next year's draft to pick defensive linemen, other than one third-round pick that will be used to draft a tight end.

Like I said, though, I've got no firm information that this will happen.

You left out the parts about Brian Shay and Jesse Haynes.

(It will be interesting to see how Haley/Carthon balance the number of carries; and if their approach changes as the season goes forward.)

MoreLemonPledge
09-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Charles will rush 16 times and catch 4 passes for 138 yards and 1 touchdown.

Jones will rush 12 times and drop 1 pass for 46 yards and 1 touchdown.

Battle will rush twice for 4 yards.

Cassel will rush for 8 yards.

McCluster will not play due to illness.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2010, 06:28 PM
it should be...

and Charles dies around the 8th game of the season

milkman
09-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Jones starts the game and they try to pound the rock. If that works then it's jones on 1st and 2nd down ... charles on 3rd down in the 1st quarter.

if the inside running game doesn't work we go to charles and DMC with the outside running game.

in the 2nd half i expect to seem more Charles and DMC regardless because Jones has worn down the defense some.

Summary:

1st half - pound with Jones
2nd half - speed with Charles
running game not working - speed with charles at any point in the game

That has to be the stupidest plan I've ever heard.

-King-
09-11-2010, 10:38 PM
That has to be the stupidest plan I've ever heard.

ROFLROFL What? You don't think playing an RB for a half is a good idea? ROFLROFL

milkman
09-12-2010, 03:51 AM
ROFLROFL What? You don't think playing an RB for a half is a good idea? ROFLROFL

This O-Line is improved, but it still isn't good, and it still isn't built for pounding the ball up the gut.

Jones has to be a guy that gives Charles a break to keep him fresh.

But you need your best RB that has the chance to break plays every time he touches the ball out there making plays.

We try to pound the rock with Jones in the first half, we'll be behind 21-0 before Laz has enough time to digest the fact that I called him stupid.

crossbow
09-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Charles will be traded to another team for a guy that they cut later and some draft picks that will be spent on guys that get cut later.

chiefzilla1501
09-12-2010, 08:03 AM
You can't look at this based on what down or half the player's going to carry the ball, although Jones will probably get more first half carries than second half to wear the defense down a bit.

If you know Charlie Weis, he's going to usually take advantage of the matchups. If the defense goes Nickel or puts their speed team in, more likely Thomas Jones gets carries. And if you know how much Weis loves the screen game, I'd expect a ton of touches for Charles and McCluster there. Remember that in the screen game, you don't get nearly as banged up. So while I think Charles may only see about 15 touches as a RB, I can see him getting quite a few touches as a receiver.

runnercyclist
09-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Charles will rush 16 times and catch 4 passes for 138 yards and 1 touchdown.

Jones will rush 12 times and drop 1 pass for 46 yards and 1 touchdown.

Battle will rush twice for 4 yards.

Cassel will rush for 8 yards.

McCluster will not play due to illness.

I'll take this! :thumb: