PDA

View Full Version : Football Bradford

Deberg_1990
09-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Ive got to say, i wasnt sold on him the last couple of years...but after watching him in Preseason and yesterdays game on the Redzone Channel, the kid looks like hes going to be a player.

Hes basically got nothing at WR, and hes still makin plays. He looks poised, mobile and accurate. I like him alot.

Pushead2
09-13-2010, 08:22 AM
I like him alot.

:hmmm:

CaliforniaChief
09-13-2010, 08:23 AM
His receivers didn't help him much on that last drive. I was impressed, too. Now, will he stay healthy?

Frazod
09-13-2010, 08:23 AM
I hope he leaves the field in a body bag.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2010, 08:28 AM
It's completely idiotic to ask your rookie QB to throw the ball 55 times in a game. Especially his first game.

Bane
09-13-2010, 08:29 AM
I hope he leaves the field in a body bag.

:shake:ROFL

I thought the kid looked pretty good for what he was working with.Made common rookie mistakes,but also made some good decisions.It's not like anyone expects them to win more than 3-4 games anyway.

doomy3
09-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Bradford looked damn good yesterday.

And, he even learned to take a snap from under center and drop back! From reading on here, I thought that was something that took years and years to learn!

milkman
09-13-2010, 08:32 AM

And, he even learned to take a snap from under center and drop back! From reading on here, I thought that was something that took years and years to learn!

Well, you know, we knew that had to be the case, because Matt Cassel is still trying to learn how to do it.

But really, it did take Drew Brees 3 years to figure it out.

And many of those spread QBs never figured it out.

Frazod
09-13-2010, 08:35 AM
:shake:ROFL

I thought the kid looked pretty good for what he was working with.Made common rookie mistakes,but also made some good decisions.It's not like anyone expects them to win more than 3-4 games anyway.

All I caught was the end of the game, where I saw the Chosen One choke the game away with a drive killing interception, the ref$ (who clearly had money on the Rams) give him the ball back on a horrible called non-fumble, and then he choked it away again. I laughed when threw the first one and I laughed even harder when he threw the second one. Fuck that gooner turd.

doomy3
09-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Well, you know, we knew that had to be the case, because Matt Cassel is still trying to learn how to do it.

I really wouldn't say it took Brees 3 years to figure out how to take a snap and drop back. Or Roethlisberger.

I think that the QBs with talent can figure something like that out, whether they came from a pro style set in college or a spread.

IMO, people on here put too much emphasis on a guy coming from a pro set and will prefer a lesser talented guy from a pro set (see Mark Sanchez) as opposed to the better upside guy from a spread (see Sam Bradford).

I would imagine that a guy like Blaine Gabbert will change that to an extent though.

doomy3
09-13-2010, 08:37 AM

And I'm really not sure what Matt Cassel has to do with anything in this thread, especially since he came from a school that ran a pro set.

cardken
09-13-2010, 08:37 AM
True about the Att count. Good way to ruin a kid early. He's got enough to think about health wise trying to stay off the turf. But was impressed with what he did with so little, is Steven Jackson a complete waste now, the O line couldn't have been that bad if Bradford had time to throw.Right?

Bane
09-13-2010, 08:42 AM
All I caught was the end of the game, where I saw the Chosen One choke the game away with a drive killing interception, the ref$ (who clearly had money on the Rams) give him the ball back on a horrible called non-fumble, and then he choked it away again. I laughed when threw the first one and I laughed even harder when he threw the second one. **** that gooner turd.

He definitely had more than his share of chances I will give you that.I just really don't have a reason to like or dislike the guy.I don't follow or dislike Oklahoma football either so to me,he's just kinda there.I think if the kid stays healthy he can be a really good QB for many years.

milkman
09-13-2010, 08:47 AM
I really wouldn't say it took Brees 3 years to figure out how to take a snap and drop back. Or Roethlisberger.

I think that the QBs with talent can figure something like that out, whether they came from a pro style set in college or a spread.

IMO, people on here put too much emphasis on a guy coming from a pro set and will prefer a lesser talented guy from a pro set (see Mark Sanchez) as opposed to the better upside guy from a spread (see Sam Bradford).

I would imagine that a guy like Blaine Gabbert will change that to an extent though.

Yeah, actually it did take Brees to 3 years to figure it out.

He used to go on the morning talk show on "The Mighty 1090" with Billy Ray Smith and Scott Kaplin a lot while still with the Chragers and talked quite a bit about his struggles learning the footwork and mechanics of the pro set.

milkman
09-13-2010, 08:52 AM
And I'm really not sure what Matt Cassel has to do with anything in this thread, especially since he came from a school that ran a pro set.

I know, but his "success" in New England was the result of the Patriots tweaking their scheme to get him working out of the shotgun spread a a larger percentage of plays that they had run before.

He was a higher rated prospect than Matt Leinart coming to USC, but didn't run a pro set in high school, as I understand it, which might well explain why he never played at USC.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Bradford is just basically a more talented verison of Trent Green. Not a bad thing but his upside his still not as great as Stafford or Sanchez.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
09-13-2010, 09:15 AM
he's no Cassel.

ModSocks
09-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Bradford is just basically a more talented verison of Trent Green. Not a bad thing but his upside his still not as great as Stafford or Sanchez.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why the hell does everyone want to compare every QB to Trent Green?

He's nothing like Trent Green.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Why do Stafford and Sanchez have higher upsides?

Brock
09-13-2010, 09:18 AM
If he holds up injury-wise I think he'll be pretty damn good.

Coogs
09-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe. But the thing is, it appears he is going to be pretty darn good. And now the Rams can go out a build around their QB. If they would have done this 3 years ago with Ryan, they would be in better shape now, but better late than never I guess. And yes, I am kind of envious.

ModSocks
09-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Why do Stafford and Sanchez have higher upsides?

they Don't. At least not Sanchez. After watching Sanchez & Bradford play in the NFL, there is no way you can say that Sanchez has more upside. NO WAY.

Here is the shit that was being said about Bradford:

"He's to frail": WRONG

"He Can't make NFL Throws": WRONG

"He'll crack under pressure": WRONG

"He can only be succesful with elite talent around him": WRONG

In short, Mecca was wrong.....about everything.

Brock
09-13-2010, 09:25 AM
they Don't. At least not Sanchez. After watching Sanchez & Bradford play in the NFL, there is no way you can say that Sanchez has more upside. NO WAY.

TBH, it's way too early to say anybody was wrong.

doomy3
09-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

How did you come to that conclusion?

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2010, 09:28 AM
And I'm really not sure what Matt Cassel has to do with anything in this thread, especially since he came from a school that ran a pro set.Because Matt Cassel is 28, not a rookie, but is treated like one.

doomy3
09-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Because Matt Cassel is 28, not a rookie, but is treated like one.

Who treats him like a rookie? All I have seen people say is that he doesn't have much experience, which is true. And again, why is a conversation about spread quarterbacks pertinent to Matt Cassel in any way?

milkman
09-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Trent Green was a very good QB.

What separates a very good QB from a franchise QB is how he performs in the clutch.

Had Green shown a consistent ability to make plays when plays needed to be made, he would have been that franchise QB.

Bradford played his first game in the NFL.

He hasn't established yet what he is capable of in the clutch.

If he can make plays then, he will ascend to franchise QB.

milkman
09-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Who treats him like a rookie? All I have seen people say is that he doesn't have much experience, which is true. And again, why is a conversation about spread quarterbacks pertinent to Matt Cassel in any way?

See post #15.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Who treats him like a rookie? All I have seen people say is that he doesn't have much experience, which is true. And again, why is a conversation about spread quarterbacks pertinent to Matt Cassel in any way?The point is, Bradford, Stafford, and Sanchez seem to be ahead of where Cassel is.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
The point is, Bradford, Stafford, and Sanchez seem to be ahead of where Cassel is.

And???

milkman
09-13-2010, 09:40 AM

I don't know who has more upside.

However, I still think that sanchez has the better arm, if only slightly, while Bradford is slightly more accurate.

What I like about Sanchez is how he has shown a propensity to have his best games in his team's biggest games, and that was still true last year.

I've said this before.

I don't need a QB to put up huge numbers.

I need a QB who shows up when it's most important for him to show up.

milkman
09-13-2010, 09:44 AM
The point is, Bradford, Stafford, and Sanchez seem to be ahead of where Cassel is.

I wouldn't say Sanchez is ahead of where Cassel is.

However, if I had to choose between a 23 year old second year QB or 28 year old QB who's had 5 years in the league to learn, and still has the isues and weaknesses that Cassel has, I'm taking that 23 year old every damn time.

doomy3
09-13-2010, 09:47 AM

Well, Stafford certainly seems to have considerably more upside, but the fact is, he can't stay healthy right now. His first two seasons he has had shoulder injuries.

Sanchez is strictly a game manager at this point, which is probably more than you can say for Cassel. However, they couldn't be in more different situations, and it's hard to compare two guys who have so much different going for or against them. I still struggle to see how Sanchez would be having ANY success with this team.

Bradford has started one game, and was the #1 overall pick. I would hope that he has some more upside than Cassel. I think Bradford and Stafford will be considerably better than Sanchez, but with the team built as it is for Sanchez, he should definitely win more.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2010, 09:53 AM

However, if I had to choose between a 23 year old second year QB or 28 year old QB who's had 5 years in the league to learn, and still has the isues and weaknesses that Cassel has, I'm taking that 23 year old every damn time.Exactly.

ModSocks
09-13-2010, 09:55 AM

However, I still think that sanchez has the better arm, if only slightly, while Bradford is slightly more accurate.

What I like about Sanchez is how he has shown a propensity to have his best games in his team's biggest games, and that was still true last year.

I've said this before.

Ima have to disagree. Bradford has shown in preseason and in his lone start that he's poised, incredibly accurate and looks downfield. He's also shown that he can put the ball on a rope. Sanchez has yet to show that, IMO.

I think he'll be a winner and a good QB. "Franchise" QB.

A player either has it or he doesn't. I don't think we need years of game film to say, "That guy is legit".

It may take years to develop into a Drew Brees or Peyton Manning, but it only takes one game to see if a guy has all the tools to become a great QB.

Bane
09-13-2010, 09:56 AM

However, if I had to choose between a 23 year old second year QB or 28 year old QB who's had 5 years in the league to learn, and still has the isues and weaknesses that Cassel has, I'm taking that 23 year old every damn time.

:bravo:

RealSNR
09-13-2010, 10:01 AM

In short, Mecca was wrong.....about everything.It took Brodie Croyle 8 starts before he got his first injury.

That was a good test for him yesterday and he held up admirably. It seems he's on the right track. But anything can happen, and I'm not ready to say I was wrong about Bradford yet.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2010, 10:01 AM
The Rams better change their game plan to that of a "game manager" QB, or Bradford is going to end up missing games like Stafford. 55 pass attempts in his first game, with an OL that is questionable and the other team is held under 20 points, is stupid.

milkman
09-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Ima have to disagree. Bradford has shown in preseason and in his lone start that he's poised, incredibly accurate and looks downfield. He's also shown that he can put the ball on a rope. Sanchez has yet to show that, IMO.

I think he'll be a winner and a good QB. "Franchise" QB.

A player either has it or he doesn't. I don't think we need years of game film to say, "That guy is legit".

It may take years to develop into a Drew Brees or Peyton Manning, but it only takes one game to see if a guy has all the tools to become a great QB.

I disagree.

With the exception of the game against the Chiefs in his rookie year, Brees looked like absolute dogcrap for the better part of three years with the Chargers.

In his fourth season, he suddenly emerged.
This was after he had a couple of seasons as a college starter.

Sanchez had one year as a starter in college.

He doesn't have the playing background that any of those other guys had.

Yet he did show up in a couple of big games last year.

He still has a long way to go, but when it clicks, assuming it does click, you'll begin to see those ropes.

And as good as everyone claims Bradford looked yesterday, he threw about 15 absolute dog crap passes, including two interceptions in the last 5 minutes.

milkman
09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Oh, and the fact is, if you haven't seen any ropes from Sanchez already, it's because you weren't watching, or didn't want to see it.

Or you are simply lying.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2010, 10:16 AM
And as good as everyone claims Bradford looked yesterday, he threw about 15 absolute dog crap passes, including two interceptions in the last 5 minutes.

When you ask any rookie to throw the ball 55 times downfield, he is going to have 15+ dog crap passes. It doesn't matter if it is Manning, Brees, Brady, Stafford, Sanchez or Bradford.

eazyb81
09-13-2010, 10:19 AM
For some comedy gold, pull up some of the Bradford threads from last year. The regular loudmouth morons make many classic appearances in attempting to argue that Bradford will suck ass in an NFL system.

It will be enjoyable for the next few years watching them backtrack on those words.

milkman
09-13-2010, 10:26 AM
When you ask any rookie to throw the ball 55 times downfield, he is going to have 15+ dog crap passes. It doesn't matter if it is Manning, Brees, Brady, Stafford, Sanchez or Bradford.

I don't disagree with that.

I just think it's necessary to point out that there was dog crap.

Reaper16
09-13-2010, 10:48 AM

It's way too early to make declarative statements either way on any of those categories. What you're doing is much worse than the "shit that was being said about Bradford." That shit was predictive, while you're making declarative statements of fact based on a game where he lost and headed up one of the more embarrassing two minute drills of recent years.

Bradford did exceed my expectations yesterday but it is far too early to say what you're saying in any definitive sense.

BigCatDaddy
09-13-2010, 11:01 AM
I battled the draftabulators day in and day on this kid leading up to the draft. Bradford is going to be a good one and yesterday is about what I expected except for the part about the 55 passes, but St. Louis's coaching staff is horrible. He is feature WR is Mark Clayton and he still looked impressive. Is it early yeah, but he did well in his first game. He even took a nasty shot on that shoulder the had surgery and got back up. The young O-Line is going to be very good in a few years and they will get him some weapons. The Rams future on the offensive side of the ball is very bright.

Chieficus
09-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Here's my perspective as an OU fan who watched plenty of Bradford and wouldn't have traded him for any other QB during his time at Oklahoma...:

1. His "weaknesses" were never as bad as many, especially on here, exaggerated them to be. He consistently showed the tools and the brain to be a successful QB. His potential is huge. OU ran a particular system, but not b/c Bradford was a system QB; he could have thrived in multiple systems. The hate directed towards him leaves me to scratch my head.

But 2. Many great college QB's fail miserably in the pros. Did he have a good 1st game yesterday: yeah. But now he has to show consistency at this level and progress a whole lot further. The haters could be right, he could fail miserably... or he could shine and turn into the next Manning, etc. Too early to tell...but even though he's a ram...I'm pulling for him (except for whenever the rams play the Chiefs...then I hope he sucks...)

Chiefnj2
09-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Here's my perspective as an OU fan who watched plenty of Bradford and wouldn't have traded him for any other QB during his time at Oklahoma...:

1. His "weaknesses" were never as bad as many, especially on here, exaggerated them to be. He consistently showed the tools and the brain to be a successful QB. His potential is huge. OU ran a particular system, but not b/c Bradford was a system QB; he could have thrived in multiple systems. The hate directed towards him leaves me to scratch my head.

But 2. Many great college QB's fail miserably in the pros. Did he have a good 1st game yesterday: yeah. But now he has to show consistency at this level and progress a whole lot further. The haters could be right, he could fail miserably... or he could shine and turn into the next Manning, etc. Too early to tell...but even though he's a ram...I'm pulling for him (except for whenever the rams play the Chiefs...then I hope he sucks...)

I don't know what happened against Utah State, but Jones looked great this Saturday.

DeezNutz
09-13-2010, 11:37 AM

This was me, and it's far, far too early to claim that this was/is wrong. Could be, and I hope for the kid's sake that it is.

But I stand by all my comments about the BYU hit and how this should NOT have ended any QB's season. It did, and this is because he was too damn small in college.

This is why so many were shocked when he showed up at the combine at 235. If he stays here, then there might be a different story.

Dallas Chief
09-13-2010, 11:39 AM

That's only if you played college ball at Mizzou.

Dallas Chief
09-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Ive got to say, i wasnt sold on him the last couple of years...but after watching him in Preseason and yesterdays game on the Redzone Channel, the kid looks like hes going to be a player.

Hes basically got nothing at WR, and hes still makin plays. He looks poised, mobile and accurate. I like him alot.

Hey, he's no Chase "Booger" Daniel, but I'd take him over any one of our current QBs...

Reaper16
09-13-2010, 11:44 AM
That's only if you played college ball at Mizzou.

Hey, he's no Chase "Booger" Daniel, but I'd take him over any one of our current QBs...
Fixated much?

ModSocks
09-13-2010, 12:14 PM
It's way too early to make declarative statements either way on any of those categories. What you're doing is much worse than the "shit that was being said about Bradford." That shit was predictive, while you're making declarative statements of fact based on a game where he lost and headed up one of the more embarrassing two minute drills of recent years.

Bradford did exceed my expectations yesterday but it is far too early to say what you're saying in any definitive sense.

NO its not.

Maybe the frail part, but the guy made good throws, good reads for the most part and was incredibly accurate most of the game...And it's just his first game.

You don't need an entire season to tell whether or not the guy has talent. It's pretty damn obvious.

Same way we don't need a season to know that Tyler Palko sucks.

He has all the tools and he showed it last night.

BWillie
09-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah he looked good. He threw that garbage interception that isn't a big deal. He seems to have a bright future and so do the Rams. He should thrive in that offensive system you would think.

Dallas Chief
09-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Fixated much?

Why are you sweatin my balls man? I was trying to bait frazod and you are totally blowing for me!

Reaper16
09-13-2010, 12:27 PM
NO its not.

Maybe the frail part, but the guy made good throws, good reads for the most part and was incredibly accurate most of the game...And it's just his first game.

You don't need an entire season to tell whether or not the guy has talent. It's pretty damn obvious.

Same way we don't need a season to know that Tyler Palko sucks.

He has all the tools and he showed it last night.
Let's look at the criteria that you introduced:
Frail? There is no way to tell yet, which you admit to in the post I'm responding to.

Can't make NFL throws? He certainly made some good NFL throws yesterday. Consistency is the key to this claim, and we will see with time what the answer is.

Cracks under pressure? He absolutely faltered under the pressure of the two minute situation at the end of the game. Terrible performance. This doesn't mean he won't learn from it and grow into a QB that can play in similar circumstances. I don't see how you can say this with certainty.

Success w/o elite talent around him? How are you defining success? Because a loss is not very successful. 1-3 TD-to-INT-ratio isn't very successful. A 53.1 QB rating isn't very successful. I have no idea how anyone can say whether or not Bradford will be a successful QB after that game. There signs of hope, of course, but that's my entire point. Just signs.

DeezNutz
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
There signs of hope, of course, but that's my entire point. Just signs.

Shut the fuck up! Bradford is the fucking trufe.

milkman
09-13-2010, 12:33 PM
If you looked back at the start of last season, Mark Sanchez came out pretty strong, posting stats of 32-53, 435 yards and two TDs with one Int. against the Texans and Patriots in the first two games of the season, with QB ratings of 84.1 and 101.1 respectively, and made a huge play late in the game with a TD against the Patriots to win that game.

So, even though Bradford played pretty well yesterday, it's one game, and it's a long season.

Anyone who says that Sanchez showed nothing last year are clueless.

Saccopoo
09-13-2010, 12:33 PM
He's a Big 12 spread monkey. He fucking sucks and I wouldn't want him on the Chiefs. Ever. He'll be a worse pro than Brian Orakpo. Aids Tree. Fire. Antifreeze. /CP Drafturbators

Saccopoo
09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Also, the mandatory:

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mark-sanchez-hilary-rhoda-gq.jpg

Mecca
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM

Playing 3 years of TE in your pro style offense doesn't really help you play QB. Brandon Hance was Leinarts backup his first year starting, Cassel was moved to TE.

Mecca
09-13-2010, 12:46 PM
For some comedy gold, pull up some of the Bradford threads from last year. The regular loudmouth morons make many classic appearances in attempting to argue that Bradford will suck ass in an NFL system.

It will be enjoyable for the next few years watching them backtrack on those words.

If this game was the one that makes people look stupid, 1 touch 3 picks and a 53 rating certainly doesn't make him look good...

Let's not mention his Chad Pennington style 2 minute drill where he basically refused to throw a ball further than 5 yards.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
If this game was the one that makes people look stupid, 1 touch 3 picks and a 53 rating certainly doesn't make him look good...

Let's not mention his Chad Pennington style 2 minute drill where he basically refused to throw a ball further than 5 yards.

When the opposition goes into the prevent, isn't it common for QB's to move the chains with short passes because the D is giving up the short pass? Plus, his final INT was a 40 yard throw you dumbass.

Mecca
09-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Shouldn't you be busy trying to convince everyone of the greatness of your hero Colt McCoy?

The_Doctor10
09-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Does nobody find it beyond retarded that so many of you are reading so much into a rookie QB's first NFL start? Holy Christ....

Mecca
09-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Does nobody find it beyond retarded that so many of you are reading so much into a rookie QB's first NFL start? Holy Christ....

It's pretty heavily retarded, it's why acting like anyone was absolutely wrong at this point is laughably stupid.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Shouldn't you be busy trying to convince everyone of the greatness of your hero Colt McCoy?

I said McCoy was a prospect to watch after his junior year. He regressed his senior year. After his senior year, I didn't think he was a 1st round prospect. In March 2010 I listed my Chiefs top 50 draft board and had McCoy at 47. So, as usual, you are wrong.

Shouldn't you be telling me I'm an idiot for liking Clay Matthews over Rey Rey and Cushing?

Mecca
09-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Uh considering all 3 of them are good and Matthews wasn't the rookie of the year and one of the others was...yes.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Uh considering all 3 of them are good and Matthews wasn't the rookie of the year and one of the others was...yes.

1 is suspended. 1 had a great game yesterday.

Mecca
09-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Obviously 1 game is greater than an entire season right?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Bradford is just basically a more talented verison of Trent Green. Not a bad thing but his upside his still not as great as Stafford or Sanchez.Posted via Mobile Device

Complete nonsense.

KCrockaholic
09-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Bradford looked like a comfortable vet when compared to what St.Louis has had recently at QB. He's accurate. Good arm strength. Made pretty good decisions in general for a rookie. At this point, he looked like he was well worth the number 1 pick. Just give him some talent, like an offense similar to Baltimore, and he'll be a top 15 QB at least.

Buehler445
09-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Cracks under pressure? He absolutely faltered under the pressure of the two minute situation at the end of the game. Terrible performance. This doesn't mean he won't learn from it and grow into a QB that can play in similar circumstances. I don't see how you can say this with certainty.

The pressure I remember us arguing about is defensive pressure. When he was at OU, he had all day to sit back there and drink coffee while he waited for someone to open up.

I guess what surprised me was how good his throws looked. The few that I saw were on time, accurate, and with appropriate velocity. That surprises the shit out of me. Most of the ones I saw him make at OU were ridiculously easy passes. I mean most of the time, the fuckers were so wide open, you could Tebow chest pass it and still be wide open enough to catch it.

I'm not saying he's going to be good or anything, but he looks sharper than I had anticipated.

BossChief
09-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Not wanting to ring my own evaluation bell too early on herem (as injuries could still cause him to bust hard), but Bradford was the guy I wanted more than any of the others over the last three or so years. If we traded up to get him, I would have been a happy camper (maybe the only one on here) but the price to do so (both picks and cash) would have been a huge gamble. To me, it would have been well worth it.

He has the accuracy to be truly elite in this system, he is always calm under pressure, he has damn near perfect touch and something I pounded home over and over is the fact he is of Native American decent and I think that would add in some added motivation if he would have ended up for The Chiefs (or Redskins)

Clausen and Ryan would have come in a close second as would have been greats IMO for us.

I think he ends up a damn good pro, but only if they can protect him. I am already wondering if they have him on the field too soon and putting too much on his plate this early, though.

The kid has the smarts it takes to get much better

Rams Fan
09-13-2010, 06:41 PM
I was at the game. The Rams finally have a franchise QB to replace Warner(no knock on Bulger). 2 of the three interceptions he had were made out of desperation. The WRs dropped to many balls but I was stunned how fast he clicked with Mark Clayton. He also recovered a fumble by a TE. I remember reading that the 55 passes attempted by Bradford are the most for a rookie QB ever in Week 1. The Rams go to Oakland next week, where they get to take on the Black Hole. I hope the crowd doesn't effect Bradford that much.

Rams Fan
09-13-2010, 06:42 PM
I think he ends up a damn good pro, but only if they can protect him.

Enough of that. The Rams only gave up 2 sacks, the O-Line is much improved and is decent when healthy. Giving SJ more carries would have taken the pressure off.

Ralphy Boy
09-13-2010, 06:58 PM

Uh, yeah. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6664372&postcount=26 :doh!:

Posted via Mobile Device

I still say Sanchez is overrated.

I've said this before.

Bradford won't get that opportunity for a few years playing in STL so time will tell. IMO, Bradford deserves great marks for making Amendola look like Wes Welker last night. Not to mention pulling Mark Clayton off of the scrap heap for a career night.

Arizona's defense is no joke and he took quite a few hits but still managed to throw 12 more passes than any other rookie did in his first game.

In short, I want one. STL is lucky to have him.

milkman
09-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Uh, yeah. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6664372&postcount=26 :doh!:

I still say Sanchez is overrated.

Bradford won't get that opportunity for a few years playing in STL so time will tell. IMO, Bradford deserves great marks for making Amendola look like Wes Welker last night. Not to mention pulling Mark Clayton off of the scrap heap for a career night.

Arizona's defense is no joke and he took quite a few hits but still managed to throw 12 more passes than any other rookie did in his first game.

In short, I want one. STL is lucky to have him.

Just to clarify, I am not suggesting that Bradford won't be the kind of QB that shows up in the clutch.

He's reputedly a smart kid, so it's likely he will.

Rams Fan
09-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Stafford has been injured in his two seasons with the Lions. Sanchez would be where Stafford is if he was on a worse team than the Jets. He's lucky to have a good running game and a good Defense. Freeman has just as much upside or more than Sanchez.