PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 1/2 Good Game

burt
09-14-2010, 08:19 AM
We played 1/2 a game. It was good enough to win with the help of weather and a VERY loud crowd. It is something to build on. It made me happy.

Cassel still looks weak. Defense looked very spotty. Cassel looks weak.

Thank God the season is here!

redngold85
09-14-2010, 08:37 AM
you didn't mention that Cassel looked weak

Chiefshrink
09-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Yes i agree. I was definitely afraid of having to lose the coin toss in OT!! But I will take it!!

milkman
09-14-2010, 08:48 AM
I don't think the defense looked weak at all.

They played with fire and passion, and made plays.

As the game wore on and they were on the field for a near 2-1 ratio, they wore down, but even then, they played with heart.

Better production from the offense, and the defense wouldn't be worn down.

Demonpenz
09-14-2010, 08:50 AM
You don't win games in the nfl against the the division champs by playing 1/2 game.

tyton75
09-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Anyone else think Cassell looks like he is throwing the football with his off hand?

example.. I look like a girl when trying to throw something with my left hand..

HemiEd
09-14-2010, 09:01 AM

As the game wore on and they were on the field for a near 2-1 ratio, they wore down, but even then, they played with heart.

That is the way I saw it as well.

The game got close when Tyson Jackson went down. :D

Skyy God
09-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Good to see that the pessimists can concede something.

Defense was nails against a good offense (I won't call them great with the V-Jax/McNeil holdouts). With the exception of DJ taking a bad angle on Gates in the 3rd, tackling was much improved. We stopped Matthews et. al. after gains of 3 where, in the past, those would have gone for at least 5.

Special teams was great last year, except for the junk we were throwing out at returner. Now that we have 2 legit guys, we're in the discussion for best special teams in the league. Which is good, because

The offense is still a work in progress. The run game will be top 3, but Weis' play calling was suspect at times and the receivers picked right up where they left off in terms of drops.

Overall, there are a ton a lot of positives from this game. Keep in mind that, since week 5 2007, we're 6-44.

burt
09-14-2010, 10:58 AM

The term was "spotty" not weak. And yes perhaps it was fatigue, but they were spotty.

burt
09-14-2010, 11:00 AM
You don't win games in the nfl against the the division champs by playing 1/2 game.

Throw in rain and Arrowhead on MNF....I think ya do. And we did. Barely.

beer bacon
09-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Just try to enjoy the victory for one day.

Rausch
09-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Throw in rain and Arrowhead on MNF....I think ya do. And we did. Barely.

The Pats BARELY won two....wait.....there was.....no.....

THEY FUCKING BARELY WON ALMOST EVERY PLAYOFF GAME AND GOT DAMNED LUCKY TO WIN EACH AND EVERY FUCKING SUPER BOWL YOU......*hammering another beer*.....

You fucking kidding me with this "barely" shit?

burt
09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
The Pats BARELY won two....wait.....there was.....no.....

THEY ****ING BARELY WON ALMOST EVERY PLAYOFF GAME AND GOT DAMNED LUCKY TO WIN EACH AND EVERY ****ING SUPER BOWL YOU......*hammering another beer*.....

You ****ing kidding me with this "barely" shit?

My goodness you are grumpy! I stated my opinion. If it comes down to one play..... well it shouldn't have. IF we played the entire game like the first half....

But I also stated that I am happy! You ****ing grump.:harumph: