PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is it too early in the season to call for Croyle to be the starter?

dirk digler
09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
I have given up on Cassel. He is the worst starting QB in the NFL right now.

Or should I wait until he stinks it up against the Browns to ask this question?

Discuss or cuss...

L.A. Chieffan
09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
That just means Croyle will be out for the season earlier in the season.

HC_Chief
09-14-2010, 10:04 AM

haha, this +1 :D

QuikSsurfer
09-14-2010, 10:05 AM

ROFL

Reerun_KC
09-14-2010, 10:08 AM
You can call for it all you want. But do you think the Chiefs are going to listen?

Bane
09-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Its always too early.One good hit and he'll be out anyway so I say save him till we're pounding Dungver by 40 points and them give him a shot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
He's not the worst.

Shit. JaFatass is out of the league. Nevermind.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Cassel gets a dry field and the rest of the season. Dude just hasn't played much. I am also inclined to say that, you win the game, you don't throw any INT's you stay the #1

dirk digler
09-14-2010, 10:16 AM
You can call for it all you want. But do you think the Chiefs are going to listen?

They should. Cassel fucking sucks ass and I am tired of his noodle arm and his duck passes. The guy can't even throw a flare pass to the RB without making him jump 10 ft backwards.

Bane
09-14-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm not Cassel hating.....Yet but he did stink it up last night.Bad weather etc....Fine.....Right now I see his best play being as a D.L.G QB and I can't believe otherwise till he shows me.Glad to see the D show back up for sure!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
09-14-2010, 10:21 AM
I bet there's a mad scientist somewhere who can put Croyle in Cassel's body and vice versa. We can then have a good QB and the new totally disposable Matt Cassel.

I'm off to google "Mad Scientists."

chiefsnorth
09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Cassel is still a project player. Obviously he should be ahead of where he is but he basically looks like a rookie QB.

Given what New England did with him I think he has potential but he is still a project. I don't think normally he would start be we don't have any other options. I'd rather Croyle were playing in some ways, but he is not a longterm solution. We are better off seeing of Weis can make Cassel unto something this season. If he can't then cut bait and draft one.

To me it looks like his footwork is bad and he needs to develop some presence in the pocket rather than looking jumpy and nervous so much. Maybe last year's horrendous line had that effect. The point is, this high powered coaching staff is supposed to be able to develop players. At least give them more than 1 game to do it.

King_Chief_Fan
09-14-2010, 10:25 AM
I have given up on Cassel. He is the worst starting QB in the NFL right now.

Or should I wait until he stinks it up against the Browns to ask this question?

Discuss or cuss...

yes, too early, Croyle will be broken by week 3

dirk digler
09-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Cassel is still a project player. Obviously he should be ahead of where he is but he basically looks like a rookie QB.

Given what New England did with him I think he has potential but he is still a project. I don't think normally he would start be we don't have any other options. I'd rather Croyle were playing in some ways, but he is not a longterm solution. We are better off seeing of Weis can make Cassel unto something this season. If he can't then cut bait and draft one.

That is not a good sign if he still looks like a rookie after 31 starts.

I think everyone needs to admit to themselves he is horrible and will never get better. If Charlie Weis can't get him to throw over 100yds in a game then you know he is bad.

suds79
09-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Croyle just isn't going to happen. Even if the coaches did play him, he'd just get hurt.

No we're stuck with Cassel for this year. Next year will be the year for change at that position if it's painfully obvious that the guy can't play.... Which is what I think will happen.

Either draft or another retread.

Here's to hoping that Scott is man enough to admit he made a mistake. I'd respect him a lot more for it if he did.

HemiEd
09-14-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm not Cassel hating.....Yet but he did stink it up last night.Bad weather etc....Fine.....Right now I see his best play being as a D.L.G QB and I can't believe otherwise till he shows me.Glad to see the D show back up for sure!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought it was appropriate that Trent Dilpher was the color man.

bobbything
09-14-2010, 11:01 AM
I just don't see how Cassel looked any worse or any better last night than he had all last season and this preseason. He's inaccurate, has no awareness in the pocket, and always manages to miss the open receiver.

The weather last night didn't really make him look any worse than he already is.

Marcellus
09-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Call him bad because he can look bad but honestly there was worse QB play this week than CAssel had.

The only difference in Sanchez's game and Cassel's game this week is Cassel had the balls to dive for the 1st down rather than slide like pussy.

wazu
09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
I just don't see how Cassel looked any worse or any better last night than he had all last season and this preseason. He's inaccurate, has no awareness in the pocket, and always manages to miss the open receiver.

The weather last night didn't really make him look any worse than he already is.

68 yards passing is bad even for Cassel.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Kent Babb is absolutely slaying Cassel on Twitter.

I wonder if he'll do the same in the Star?

-King-
09-14-2010, 11:09 AM

I wish he was slaying him literally.

Marcellus
09-14-2010, 11:11 AM

What did you think of that run defense Dane?

HemiEd
09-14-2010, 11:13 AM

I imagine Charlie Weiss is slaying him to Haley and Pioli as well.

"I can't make chicken salad out of cow shit, I at least need to start with chicken shit."

keg in kc
09-14-2010, 11:52 AM
It's always too early to call for Croyle to be a starter. Cassel could throw 37 picks next Sunday and I still wouldn't want to see Croyle.

DeezNutz
09-14-2010, 11:55 AM
It's always too early to call for Croyle to be a starter. Cassel could throw 37 picks next Sunday and I still wouldn't want to see Croyle.

You might not like Croyle, but the fact remains that he's more talented than Cassel.

Again, > bad does not = good, but we should play our best options.

dirk digler
09-14-2010, 12:02 PM

That is kind of silly keg

Just Passin' By
09-14-2010, 12:58 PM
First, Cassel was hit on 3 of his first 4 throws. That means that Croyle would have been out for the year before the first quarter ended.

Second, Bowe dropped 2 passes that he should have had, Chambers dropped a pass he should have had, and Chambers ran a lousy route on a deep ball that would have been a completion if he'd run it right. Also, while Rivers was throwing to wide open receivers, Cassel was throwing into small windows because the Chiefs receivers weren't getting separation.

That's 4 plays for good yardage right there, and a much better stat line if the receivers would actually do their job. It's one thing to think Cassel needs to improve, but it's another to bitch at Cassel about everything, when most of the problems with the Chiefs offense involve the offensive line and the wide receiver corps.

keg in kc
09-14-2010, 01:05 PM
You might not like Croyle, but the fact remains that he's more talented than Cassel.

Again, > bad does not = good, but we should play our best options.He has a better arm, but I'm not sure that better arm = more talented, but that's a whole separate discussion.

I have never seen anything from Croyle that indicates to me that he belongs on an NFL field. I get that he's the backup qb, and automatically everybody's in love with him - it's like that everywhere there's an NFL team with 3 or 4 exceptions - but from from my view, you're basically asking to swap loose, runny stool for diarrhea.

And that's without even considering his bevvy of injuries. I'm actually mystified that he's still on the roster, with that history. Our third QB (and we don't have one) is basically the backup QB by default because of it.

Just my opinion...