PDA

View Full Version : Football Things get worse for the Jets

Chiefnj2
09-14-2010, 12:10 PM
"New York Jets defensive tackle Kris Jenkins is out for the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, a league source said Tuesday.

Jets coach Rex Ryan confirmed the injury at his news conference Tuesday afternoon.

"It's a huge blow for us," Ryan said. "I feel really bad for Kris. "I think he'll battled through this, but it's a big loss."

Jenkins, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, had an MRI on the knee Tuesday morning. It is the second consecutive season the 10-year veteran has torn the ACL in his left knee" nfl.com
__

His career is done. NY football has become a microcosm of Kansas City today. Listening to the radio I heard:
"It's all Schottenheimer's fault"
"What's with the conservative playcalling?"
"It's not the QB"s fault, the WR's were dropping easy passes"
"The QB checks down too much. He has happy feet".

Basileus777
09-14-2010, 12:13 PM
It's not as big of a loss as it seems. According to Football Outsiders, the Jets run defense was actually significantly better without Jenkins last year. It will hurt their already mediocre pass rush though.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
cool ... fuck'em

Marcellus
09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
They looked solid without him but teams may change their approach now he is gone.

Sofa King
09-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Trade them Dorsey for Revis!!!1!!1!11!!

/WPI

Bane
09-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Fuck the Jets,but I hate it for him.

Bane
09-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Trade them Dorsey for Revis!!!1!!1!11!!

/WPI

Revis would even be a starter for Denver /Knowshit

Hootie
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
the Jets will be the most disappointing team in the NFL this year...

that is...to everyone but me

I knew they'd be 7-9 from the get go

terrible QB

overrated coach

overrated defense

backed into the playoffs last year

made overrated offseason moves

Buck
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
I feel like talking shit about the Jets but the Chargers didn't exactly amaze anyone either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Basileus777
09-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Anyone with a lick of sense knew the Jets weren't Superbowl contenders. It was just another team hyped by the media for no apparent reason, just like the 49ers. At least some of the other media darlings like Green Bay and Baltimore have something going for them, even if they still have significant question marks.

Hootie
09-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Baltimore will go only as far as Flacco...

so they might get to the playoffs...

but they aren't going to get through Manning AND Brady...

No freaking way.

The AFC belongs to the Colts or Pats...

OR JUST MAYBE THE TEXANS

but I can't see it going any other way.

Bane
09-14-2010, 12:50 PM
I feel like talking shit about the Jets but the Chargers didn't exactly amaze anyone either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Was a hell of a game though.Damn near let you guys come back but a W is a W! Now we just need to tag team Dungver like the whores they are!LMAO

Marcellus
09-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Just your typical slow start. It will be OK.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Anyone with a lick of sense knew the Jets weren't Superbowl contenders. It was just another team hyped by the media for no apparent reason, just like the 49ers. At least some of the other media darlings like Green Bay and Baltimore have something going for them, even if they still have significant question marks.

Having one of the top defenses in the league is more than being hyped for no reason.

Basileus777
09-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Having one of the top defenses in the league is more than being hyped for no reason.

They have no pass rushers and one guy in their secondary who can cover. That defense isn't good enough to carry them to a title against elite passing attacks, especially with Mark Sanchez playing QB.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
LOL at the jets getting smacked by the Ravens

Bane
09-14-2010, 01:07 PM
LOL at the jets getting smacked by the Ravens

Maybe that will shut Mouthosaurus Rex the fugg up for a while.Says he wants to be that team everyone hates.....Well talking all kinds of EPIC shit and falling flat on your vagina on national tv is a good way to start.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2010, 01:17 PM
They have no pass rushers and one guy in their secondary who can cover. That defense isn't good enough to carry them to a title against elite passing attacks, especially with Mark Sanchez playing QB.

Seriously, criticizing the Jets D is stupid. It's their strength. That defense carried them to the AFC championship last year.

Basileus777
09-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Seriously, criticizing the Jets D is stupid. It's their strength. That defense carried them to the AFC championship last year.

It's hardly stupid to criticize them, that defense has important weaknesses, see what happened against the Colts. Besides, I didn't say it wasn't good. It's just not enough to overcome terrible QB play in a pass happy league. Beating two mediocre teams last postseason doesn't mean that much for the future. They'll be fighting an uphill battle to make the playoffs this year.

Amnorix
09-14-2010, 01:29 PM
It's hardly stupid to criticize them, that defense has important weakness, see what happened against the Colts. Besides, I didn't say it wasn't good. It's just not enough to overcome terrible QB play in a pass happy league. Beating two mediocre teams last postseason doesn't mean that much for the future. They'll be fighting an uphill battle to make the playoffs this year.

There are no "mediocre" playoff teams in the second round!

That said, I do think the Jets are not going to be a 10+ win team this year. Everyone forgets that the entire AFC East had a soft schedule last year, and this year's schedule (AFC North and NFC North) is much, MUCH harder.

I think the Pats will go down to the Meadowlands and take care of business. Our new TE group presents huge challenges to the Jets.

Amnorix
09-14-2010, 01:31 PM
On to the point of this thread -- I feel badly for Jenkins, who I thought was a very good player and worthy of respect. I obviously don't feel bad for the JEts themselves, but this probably should be the end for Jenkins. His knees are obviously not up to the rigors of the NFL, and he needs to plan for the 40+ years of post-NFL life he's going to have.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2010, 01:34 PM
that is...to everyone but me
you are starting to rival the 4HM in sheer arrogance

Chiefnj2
09-14-2010, 01:36 PM
It's hardly stupid to criticize them, that defense has important weaknesses, see what happened against the Colts. Besides, I didn't say it wasn't good. It's just not enough to overcome terrible QB play in a pass happy league. Beating two mediocre teams last postseason doesn't mean that much for the future. They'll be fighting an uphill battle to make the playoffs this year.

Making it to the AFC championship game with a rookie QB and in the first year of a completely new system is a great achievement. I do think it means something for the future. Will they face an uphill battle with a tougher schedule? Yes. Is Sanchez a franchise QB? I don't know. Last year in the playoffs, I'd have said yes. Last year regular season, this preseason and week one, I'd say no.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2010, 01:43 PM
dupe

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 02:16 PM
I knew all that shit-talking was going to bite them in the ass, and...it has.

Fuck 'em. The Jets aren't my team, and I could give two fucks about Marco Sanchito.

L.A. Chieffan
09-14-2010, 02:37 PM
'The Curse of Hard Knocks' reaps another victim.

keg in kc
09-14-2010, 02:41 PM
That's rough.

I'm wondering if they wouldn't be better off with Mark Brunell on the field instead of Mark Dilfer, even though he hasn't played for years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 02:42 PM
'The Curse of Hard Knocks' reaps another victim.

Yep. Oh, and you should have heard them on their board:

"Oh, there's no such thing"

"No problem, GREAT PUBLICITY ON TEH WAY TO TEH SUPERBIZZLE"!

FAIL.ROFL Fuck 'em.