PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Props to Cassel..??

DRU
09-14-2010, 02:54 PM
I may get neg repped for this, but I figure this was worth mentioning. I'm as frustrated as everybody with the play of Cassel, but how about his effort putting his head down and picking up that first and goal to setup the play-action TD to Moeaki?

I'll give the guy this. He's trying. That alone is more than can be said of many other players in the NFL these days that already got their money. He may look a little less than confident, to be polite, but he's our QB and I'd like to see his hard work turn into something good for us so I'm going to cheer for him.

The KC fans helped this team last night. I believe the same could done for Cassel alone. If we could all somehow gather up the muster to get behind this guy it just might help him get over the hump.

Anybody care to join?

BigCatDaddy
09-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Anti Freeze

FAX
09-14-2010, 02:56 PM
How about Plops for Cassel, instead?

FAX

Bane
09-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Aids plane crash into a aids tree forest fire!

keg in kc
09-14-2010, 02:58 PM
If he'd thrown some better balls in the second half, that play could have been a defining moment for him in KC.

Unfortunately, however, the wobble-launcher was unstable and he was dribbling passes all over the place.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 03:00 PM
If I felt his talent could match his work ethic, I'd say "yes", but I just don't see it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 03:00 PM

FAX

ROFL

09-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Props? WTF did he do? Something like 68 yards?

FAX
He was pretty darn lucky not to have a pick or two, either.

I can't recall who his target was ... Moeaki, maybe ... some time in the 2nd half of the game? Anyway, Cassel never saw the linebacker who dropped back ... could easily have been a pick. I think his field awareness may not be as spectacular as Haley would like us to believe.

FAX

Sofa King

FAX

ROFL

Fax made my desire to find the neg rep buttom go away.

BigCatDaddy
09-14-2010, 03:04 PM
How are you related to Matt?

DeezNutz
09-14-2010, 03:05 PM

I can't recall who his target was ... Moeaki, maybe ... some time in the 2nd half of the game? Anyway, Cassel never saw the linebacker who dropped back ... could easily have been a pick. I think his field awareness may not be as spectacular as Haley would like us to believe.

FAX

Patience.

He's developing. ;)

kysirsoze
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
The only slack I'll cut Cassel is the weather. If it can affect a vastly superior QB in Rivers then of course it's gonna throw off Cassel. That being said, though, I have about had it with having to make excuses for our "QBOTF."

keg in kc
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM

FAXI thought part of the reason he wasn't picked last night was that he was so wildly erratic. As in some of his second half attempts were so far off the mark that the defenders weren't close enough to make a play, any more than the receivers were. At least a couple of those wild misses were to guys who were heavily covered and if they'd been more on the mark, they might well have been picked.

He was just crazy wild after halftime...

(at least I think it was after halftime, maybe it was 2nd quarter)

suds79
09-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow that's so good I almost don't know where to start.

"Talking about his effort", "he's trying", etc.

Great. We have the Rudy of QBs.

Matt Cassel could have the whole world rooting for him. It doesn't matter if you don't have the talent.

DeezNutz
09-14-2010, 03:09 PM

Lack of protection in the first series and Bowe's drop scared him. /NE fan

DRU
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
If he'd thrown some better balls in the second half, that play could have been a defining moment for him in KC.

That's the point I'm trying to make. It really looks to me like Cassel's biggest problem with throwing in general is that he is simply not comfortable. Watch him throw before the game and he looks great. Put him in a pocket and he looks like a scared little boy throwing ducks like he did to open the game.

When things get in your head it can be tough to overcome. While people claim they don't listen or it doesn't bother them we all know it does. He looks like every time he drops back in the pocket he's got two things on this mind...

1. If I fuck this up everybody will hate me.
2. I hope I don't get killed.

#2 is showing improvements so his confidence there will hopefully improve. Everything else in his head, though, causes ducks like he threw to open the game. If he could drop back with nothing on his mind other than the current coverage and where his receivers are I think we'd see a huge difference.

I just remember when I was playing sports and during a slump when people would be down on you it made it all the more tough to get out of it. I can't imagine having thousands of fans hating me constantly.

Any psychology majors in here wanna back me on this??? :)

FAX
The only slack I'll cut Cassel is the weather. If it can affect a vastly superior QB in Rivers then of course it's gonna throw off Cassel. That being said, though, I have about had it with having to make excuses for our "QBOTF."

I'd agree were it not possible to compare quarterback stats from last night and under the same conditions.

As for the run, I have to admit, that was righteous. I think the crowd inspired him there.

It was almost as though, for those two plays, Cassel was momentarily possessed by the spirit of Trent Green ... then he went right back to channeling Larry The Cable Guy.

FAX

kysirsoze
I thought part of the reason he wasn't picked last night was that he was so wildly erratic. As in some of his second half attempts were so far off the mark that the defenders weren't close enough to make a play, any more than the receivers were. At least a couple of those wild misses were to guys who were heavily covered and if they'd been more on the mark, they might well have been picked.

(at least I think it was after halftime, maybe it was 2nd quarter)

Yeah, a good defense against Cassel would be the entire secondary standing in random positions on the field. He would throw 12 picks a game. You'd have to keep them within 15 yards of so or Matt couldn't get it to them.

DRU
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
How are you related to Matt?

I'm a Chiefs fan, and he's our QB.

TimeForWasp
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I may get neg repped for this, but I figure this was worth mentioning. I'm as frustrated as everybody with the play of Cassel, but how about his effort putting his head down and picking up that first and goal to setup the play-action TD to Moeaki?

I'll give the guy this. He's trying. That alone is more than can be said of many other players in the NFL these days that already got their money. He may look a little less than confident, to be polite, but he's our QB and I'd like to see his hard work turn into something good for us so I'm going to cheer for him.

The KC fans helped this team last night. I believe the same could done for Cassel alone. If we could all somehow gather up the muster to get behind this guy it just might help him get over the hump.

Anybody care to join?

I completely and totally agree. I'm starting to get pissed off about everyone slamming our starting qb all the time , in every thread, in any way they can. How can you call yourself a chiefs fan if you are beating up your starting qb at all times? Be a frigging fan and constructively contribute. I know He says he doesn't read the paper and doesn't watch the news, but I know human nature and he does hear about the tongue lashings and it absoulutely does NOT help him, the team , our record. It doesn't help his , or anyone elses confidence AT ALL. I honestly think you are a bunch of jack asses who don't know how to be fans. My two cents and I don't give a crap about being a noob on this friggin board. I'm 51 year old and have been a chiefs fan since Okoyia left, Akoyia right. I don't give a crap about my spelling , so shove it. This board and chiefs coalition board are the same. The tell me overall how crappy chiefs fans are becoming. It's such a good Idea to tongue lash your starting qb before the first snap of the first game. jack asses.

keg in kc
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Lack of protection in the first series and Bowe's drop scared him. /NE fanI actually do think the protection in the first and second series was the reason Weis went heavy run midway through the first quarter. Cassel hadn't gone wild at that point, so I don't think they were going conservative at that point because of him.

Later in the game, of course, is a different story. He has to be one of the reasons they weren't passing in the fourth when SD was just sitting on the run. The rain had cleared by that point.

I don't think it was a good night for anybody in the passing game, though. I'm half surprised they managed to execute the playaction TE to Moeaki.

kysirsoze
09-14-2010, 03:14 PM
I'd agree were it not possible to compare quarterback stats from last night and under the same conditions.

As for the run, I have to admit, that was righteous. I think the crowd inspired him there.

It was almost as though, for those two plays, Cassel was momentarily possessed by the spirit of Trent Green ... then he went right back to channeling Larry The Cable Guy.

FAX

LMAO

DeezNutz
09-14-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm half surprised they managed to execute the playaction TE to Moeaki.

Not too surprised. Cassel damn near overthrew him.

kysirsoze
09-14-2010, 03:15 PM
If the Chiefs give me just half of Cassel's contract, I promise to try really hard.

Demonpenz
Rivers could have walked in when he stepped up and over threw that 5 yard pass late in the game.

Have you checked Rivers stats from last night yet? They look pretty damn good considering the conditions.

keg in kc
09-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Not too surprised. Cassel damn near overthrew him.Which game was it Sunday where the QB missed a wide the fuck open playaction from inside the 5? Green Bay maybe. That's what I was expecting to see.

FAX
09-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Any psychology majors in here wanna back me on this??? :)

No can do, Mr. DRU. I'm too busy backing up Mr. Hootie in that other thread.

There is this idea, though ... to me, Cassel looks like a duffer on the golf course who's thinking way too much about his swing mechanics. Personally, I think he may be trying too hard. Plus, he has Weis threatening to stuff baby poop down his throat every day ... watch your footwork, look off the safety, don't take the sack, don't fumble, keep your eyes downfield, on and on and on ...

Poor guy is all confounded, I think.

The really sad thing is that decent play action would really help him since we have a run threat or two. Too bad he sucks at that, as well.

FAX

chiefs1okie
09-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I completely and totally agree. I'm starting to get pissed off about everyone slamming our starting qb all the time , in every thread, in any way they can. How can you call yourself a chiefs fan if you are beating up your starting qb at all times? Be a frigging fan and constructively contribute. I know He says he doesn't read the paper and doesn't watch the news, but I know human nature and he does hear about the tongue lashings and it absoulutely does NOT help him, the team , our record. It doesn't help his , or anyone elses confidence AT ALL. I honestly think you are a bunch of jack asses who don't know how to be fans. My two cents and I don't give a crap about being a noob on this friggin board. I'm 51 year old and have been a chiefs fan since Okoyia left, Akoyia right. I don't give a crap about my spelling , so shove it. This board and chiefs coalition board are the same. The tell me overall how crappy chiefs fans are becoming. It's such a good Idea to tongue lash your starting qb before the first snap of the first game. jack asses.

:popcorn:

DRU
09-14-2010, 03:19 PM

That's what I'm saying...the effort is there. The talent may not be but I truly think comfort level has a lot to do with that. He's simply not comfortable yet, and I think most of it is just in his head. I could be extremely wrong, but what's the harm in trying to help the guy out with some positive attitudes?

If your kid strikes out at a ball game do you boo him and tell he sucks? Obviously, that's a little bit of a weak analogy, but we fans mean a lot to these players and I can see the same effect occurring from constant negativity all around him to the extent that Haley had to go boost him up a little bit in the pre-game with their "cute" little discussion.

I'll say again, I'm with everybody that the guy hasn't played well and needs to get better...fast. I'm just not with everybody on the best way to see that happen, I guess.

FAX
09-14-2010, 03:19 PM

That's the spirit, Mr. ChiefsNow. Down with the naysayers!! Up with Mr. Hootie!!!

FAX

DeezNutz
09-14-2010, 03:21 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I thought Cassel ****ing sucked shit before the Chiefs acquired him.

Thus, my constructive contribution is that the Chiefs need a new ****ing QB. Preferably one with talent.

kysirsoze
09-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Have you checked Rivers stats from last night yet? They look pretty damn good considering the conditions.

I also watched the game. Rivers stats were slightly inflated by blown coverages by Berry. He threw some ugly damn balls. Plus he had almost twice as many attempts as Matt.

Don't misunderstand me. I am not saying Cassel is anywhere close to Rivers. I just think that if the rain can screw with Rivers play, it would be exponentially worse for a mediocre (at best) QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 03:22 PM

Anti-freeze.:harumph:

FAX
09-14-2010, 03:23 PM
If your kid strikes out at a ball game do you boo him and tell he sucks?

Absolutely not.

I beat the living hell out of him and make him drink a gallon of his own urine. We don't tolerate strike outs at the House Of FAX.

FAX

09-14-2010, 03:23 PM
I also watched the game. Rivers stats were slightly inflated by blown coverages by Berry. He threw some ugly damn balls. Plus he had almost twice as many attempts as Matt.

Don't misunderstand me. I am not saying Cassel is anywhere close to Rivers. I just think that if the rain can screw with Rivers play, it would be exponentially worse for a mediocre (at best) QB.
The elements definitely affected him. Just not as much as I would have thought. When Mitch and Len said the stats over the radio last night I was kind of shocked.

kysirsoze
09-14-2010, 03:25 PM
No can do, Mr. DRU. I'm too busy backing up Mr. Hootie in that other thread.

There is this idea, though ... to me, Cassel looks like a duffer on the golf course who's thinking way too much about his swing mechanics. Personally, I think he may be trying too hard. Plus, he has Weis threatening to stuff baby poop down his throat every day ... watch your footwork, look off the safety, don't take the sack, don't fumble, keep your eyes downfield, on and on and on ...

Poor guy is all confounded, I think.

The really sad thing is that decent play action would really help him since we have a run threat or two. Too bad he sucks at that, as well.

FAX

I actually thought he ran the play action decently well. The problem was we didn't use it enough.

DeezNutz
If your kid strikes out at a ball game do you boo him and tell he sucks? Obviously, that's a little bit of a weak analogy, but we fans mean a lot to these players and I can see the same effect occurring from constant negativity all around him to the extent that Haley had to go boost him up a little bit in the pre-game with their "cute" little discussion.

You're saying that Cassel has the mental makeup of an 8-year-old? Now I hate him more. Thanks a lot.

FAX

If memory serves, I think there were a couple of plays in which we had an open receiver, as well. Never got the ball to them, though.

FAX

Bob Dole
09-14-2010, 03:26 PM

FAX

Took care of that this morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

DRU
Absolutely not.

I beat the living hell out of him and make him drink a gallon of his own urine. We don't tolerate strike outs at the House Of FAX.

FAX

LOL

suds79
How can you call yourself a chiefs fan if you are beating up your starting qb at all times?

I'm 51 year old and have been a chiefs fan since Okoyia left, Akoyia right.

I think you're getting being a fan and rooting for your team confused with having an objective opinion on a player's talent.

And on the 2nd part? I just had to point this out because I love it when people do stuff like this. You generally see it on talk radio. "I've been following the Chiefs since yada, yada, yada. We don't need or care about your resume. If you've been a fan since the 80s or for 2 years. I really couldn't care less. So just stick with the takes.

milkman
09-14-2010, 03:27 PM

If an NFL QB can't handle criticism, then how the hell is he ever going to be expected to handle adversity on the field, especially in the playoffs?

Mental toughnes is part of the makeup of a great QB.

FAX
09-14-2010, 03:29 PM
I actually thought he ran the play action decently well. The problem was we didn't use it enough.

I'll have to watch the game again, I guess. The play action I saw was executed rather poorly, I thought. Didn't fool anybody ... that I noticed. I was all excited, however, and may have missed something.

Nevertheless, I have high standards in that respect ... having watched DeBerg play.

FAX

kepp
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
how about his effort putting his head down and picking up that first and goal to setup the play-action TD to Moeaki?

I did appreciate that. Can he play TE?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Absolutely not.

FAX

ROFL:clap:

Mr. FAX is full o' WIN today!

kysirsoze
09-14-2010, 03:33 PM

STFU. It may get old hearing people bitch and focus on the negative, but not nearly as old as people actually trying to be "holier than thou" where it relates to sports. WE CAN FOLLOW THE CHIEFS HOWEVER WE WANT TO. That is our right. If you want to sit there and be happy with having one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the league that is your right. I'll go right on hoping we address the biggest weakness on our team so we can someday win something significant. KTHXBYE

milkman
09-14-2010, 03:33 PM
I think you're getting being a fan and rooting for your team confused with having an objective opinion on a player's talent.

And on the 2nd part? I just had to point this out because I love it when people do stuff like this. You generally see it on talk radio. "I've been following the Chiefs since yada, yada, yada. We don't need or care about your resume. If you've been a fan since the 80s or for 2 years. I really couldn't care less. So just stick with the takes.

The stupid thing is that by making the proclamation that he's been a fan since Okoye, he essentially tells us he was a bandwagon jumper at about 30 years old.

I'm the same age, and have been a fan a hell of a lot longer than that.

FAX
09-14-2010, 03:34 PM
If an NFL QB can't handle criticism, then how the hell is he ever going to be expected to handle adversity on the field, especially in the playoffs?

Well said, Mr. milkman.

Which is exactly the reason why, every single day, Cassel needs to do half a dozen crossword puzzles in Swahili with his face on fire.

FAX

TimeForWasp
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM

Why should he have to handle his own fans beating him up. How well do you think Tom Brady would play if the pats fans beat him up all the time, I think that is the biggest reason Cassel played well for them. He wasn't getting slammed by his own fans. I'm not bragging on Cassel at all. I'm only saying He IS our starting qb and until that changes, why put him at a bigger disadvantage than he already is in. I wish we had the best player in the league at every position on the field, but we don't. We have who we have until we get the next player in. We were extremely lucky to pull off that W last night. Why not have luck on our side, why not have improvement on our side, why not add more talented players on our side, one at a time , as the are found and signed, but most of all, why not have OUR FANS on our side.

TimeForWasp
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM

Why should he have to handle his own fans beating him up. How well do you think Tom Brady would play if the pats fans beat him up all the time, I think that is the biggest reason Cassel played well for them. He wasn't getting slammed by his own fans. I'm not bragging on Cassel at all. I'm only saying He IS our starting qb and until that changes, why put him at a bigger disadvantage than he already is in. I wish we had the best player in the league at every position on the field, but we don't. We have who we have until we get the next player in. We were extremely lucky to pull off that W last night. Why not have luck on our side, why not have improvement on our side, why not add more talented players on our side, one at a time , as they are found and signed, but most of all, why not have OUR FANS on our side.

keg in kc
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
The elements definitely affected him. Just not as much as I would have thought. When Mitch and Len said the stats over the radio last night I was kind of shocked.Rivers was awful for most of the game. He was 9-17 for 77 yards at halftime and he didn't do much in the 3rd quarter until the drive that ended with the broken coverage 59-yarder to Naanee. Totals for the game prior to that drive (if my math's correct) were 12-23 for 112 yards and 1 TD, and including that drive, his stats after three quarters were 15-26 for 188 yards and 2 TD. That drive was also the point where Jackson was injured, so that may or may not have had some impact on the pass protection for the remainder of the game. Our guys also missed a possible pick or two (I think I remember Arenas getting his hands on one late that could have sealed the game).

Either way, right in the middle of the game there was a very long stretch where the SD offense did absolutely nothing, 7 or 8 series in a row where they only went 3 or 4 plays and out. And Rivers was a big part of that.

MTG#10
09-14-2010, 03:44 PM
I'll give the guy this. He's trying.

:spock:

So now we're giving props to a guy because he's trying? He better be trying with his salary!

FAX
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Rivers was awful for most of the game. He was 9-17 for 77 yards at halftime and he didn't do much in the 3rd quarter until the drive that ended with the broken coverage 59-yarder to Naanee. Totals for the game prior to that drive (if my math's correct) were 12-23 for 112 yards and 1 TD, and including that drive, his stats after three quarters were 15-26 for 188 yards and 2 TD. That drive was also the point where Jackson was injured, so that may or may not have had some impact on the pass protection for the remainder of the game. Our guys also missed a possible pick or two (I think I remember Arenas getting his hands on one late that could have sealed the game).

Either way, right in the middle of the game there was a very long stretch where the SD offense did absolutely nothing, 7 or 8 series in a row where they only went 3 or 4 plays and out. And Rivers was a big part of that.

The Arrowhead crowd was a big part of that as well, I think.

Was that not the stretch when Rivers began to lose his composure?

FAX

MadMax
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Why should he have to handle his own fans beating him up. How well do you think Tom Brady would play if the pats fans beat him up all the time, I think that is the biggest reason Cassel played well for them. He wasn't getting slammed by his own fans. I'm not bragging on Cassel at all. I'm only saying He IS our starting qb and until that changes, why put him at a bigger disadvantage than he already is in. I wish we had the best player in the league at every position on the field, but we don't. We have who we have until we get the next player in. We were extremely lucky to pull off that W last night. Why not have luck on our side, why not have improvement on our side, why not add more talented players on our side, one at a time , as the are found and signed, but most of all, why not have OUR FANS on our side.

ZOFG!!! Cassel is dogshit as an NFL QB!!!!! When and if you ever realize this just makes me sad to be a fan for over 40 years of a team that wont draft a QB...

DeezNutz

FAX

I hate that. Fans should applaud the efforts of these players and appreciate the entertainment.

kysirsoze
The stupid thing is that by making the proclamation that he's been a fan since Okoye, he essentially tells us he was a bandwagon jumper at about 30 years old.

No kidding. I've been a fan from birth. But I'm only 27 so I guess that doesn't count from much. :rolleyes:

keg in kc
09-14-2010, 03:48 PM

FAX
Yep, that was the tantrum-y stretch. Although he was carrying on like that clear through the end of the game.

I thought the whole situation got in his head. He was upset at his guys' execution and it ended up hurting his own play.

DRU
09-14-2010, 03:48 PM
If an NFL QB can't handle criticism, then how the hell is he ever going to be expected to adveristy on the field, especially in the playoffs?

I agree entirely. I think what I'm trying to say, though, is that mental toughness can be strengthened and fine-tuned the same way physical aspects of a player can.

Look, Cassel isn't an elite QB, but the guy has proven that he can manage what's around him well enough to win. Maybe not with us, but he did it, and he got the job because of it.

That said, the guy is still very raw in a lot of areas and the biggest problem he seems to have now is the mental stuff. It's getting in the way of improving the physical stuff. So I'd just like to see everything possible done to try and get over that hurdle so he can get on to the next one and maybe actually become the guy we all hoped he'd be.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Matt Cassel seems like a great kid...appears to have alot of heart and tries his best no doubt.

He shouldnt be a starting QB in the NFL. Hes just not good enough.

FAX
09-14-2010, 03:50 PM

Perhaps he was a ping-pong fan before that, Mr. milkman. Or water polo, maybe. Lots of guys were really into water polo back in the day. I, for example, used to watch a lot of water polo in the hope that someone would drown.

Besides, his name is Mr. ChiefsNow ... not Mr. ChiefsThen.

FAX

TimeForWasp
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM

I wasn't a serious fan at all until I went to work for Braniff airlines in KC and got hooked on the chiefs. The first team I was a serious fan of. growing up I tossed between the vikings, broncos and packers as I grew up in south dakota, but I was never a serious fan on any until I lived in kc and could feel the fan base there. .

Fish
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM

Cassel succeeded in NE because the fans were nicer to him?

:facepalm:

milkman
09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Why should he have to handle his own fans beating him up. How well do you think Tom Brady would play if the pats fans beat him up all the time, I think that is the biggest reason Cassel played well for them. He wasn't getting slammed by his own fans. I'm not bragging on Cassel at all. I'm only saying He IS our starting qb and until that changes, why put him at a bigger disadvantage than he already is in. I wish we had the best player in the league at every position on the field, but we don't. We have who we have until we get the next player in. We were extremely lucky to pull off that W last night. Why not have luck on our side, why not have improvement on our side, why not add more talented players on our side, one at a time , as they are found and signed, but most of all, why not have OUR FANS on our side.

I can't imagine how Eli Manning was able to step up and make plays in the Giants SB run.

It just wasn't possible, because the New York fans and media, which is a damn sight harder on their teams, were all over Manning until he sis step up.

Blaming a QB's piss poor play, and suggesting that that his play would be better, because of fans is dumbassery at it's highest level.

A QB has the talent and heart to play, or he doesn't.

And there's not a damn thing that we as fans can do to affect that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Cassel succeeded in NE because the fans were nicer to him?

:facepalm:

ROFL

MadMax
09-14-2010, 03:55 PM

JOKE=YOU Who the fuck cares what you think? I watched them win the Superbowl, do you think you are special?? Fuck you fukwad!!!

DeezNutz
09-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Cassel was playing a hell of a lot better before I flipped on the television.

I take complete responsibility for his failings. Sorry, Matt.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2010, 03:56 PM

All Brodie Croyle needs is a little more love and he could be the next Tom Brady!

MadMax
09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
You are a dumbass of epic proportions...

milkman
09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
No kidding. I've been a fan from birth. But I'm only 27 so I guess that doesn't count from much. :rolleyes:

It doesn't make a difference how long you've been a fan, except that it shows some loyalty, regardless of the team's success or failure.

I only pointed out my long term fandon, because of the stupidity of his post about his.

vailpass
09-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I can't believe what big meanies you guys are to your QB.

Reaper16
09-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I can't believe what big meanies you guys are to your QB.
LMAO at your new avatar.

siberian khatru
09-14-2010, 04:02 PM
LMAO at your new avatar.

I wonder how many people get the reference and backstory.

kysirsoze
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
It doesn't make a difference how long you've been a fan, except that it shows some loyalty, regardless of the team's success or failure.

I only pointed out my long term fandon, because of the stupidity of his post about his.

Oh, I know...the :rolleyes: was directed at his post, not yours. :thumb:

vailpass
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
LMAO at your new avatar.

I wonder how many people get the reference and backstory.

Why Ike, whateva' do you mean?

pr_capone
09-14-2010, 04:53 PM
I cannot give props to any QB with a line of

10/22 68yds 1TD

Bane
09-14-2010, 05:00 PM

10/22 68yds 1TD

:D

KS Smitty
09-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Cassel is getting off a lot lighter than Green did his first 2 seasons here IMO.

Red Dawg
09-14-2010, 05:32 PM
He didn't do anything to lose the game and made 2 good plays but he must be alot better for the rest of the season

Kyle DeLexus
09-14-2010, 05:58 PM
If your kid strikes out at a ball game do you boo him and tell he sucks?

If he's getting paid millions to hit the ball and I'm paying a couple thousand to watch him that season, then yes absolutely.

Pioli Zombie
09-14-2010, 05:58 PM
So who IS the backup qb now? Is Croyle still out? Because its now getting to the point where even I am getting ready to give up on Cassel. There are no more excuses. If Croyle were healthy I'd consider trying it because you have get something more than 68 yards. That's almost as inept as Sanchez.
A Sage Rosenfels might get this team to the playoffs at least.

MadMax
09-14-2010, 06:15 PM

10/22 68yds 1TD

And my God why is anyone still defending him? It blows my mind

Jack
09-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Another cassbash thread.

Maybe someone should do another poll. . .

MadMax
09-14-2010, 06:21 PM
So who IS the backup qb now? Is Croyle still out? Because its now getting to the point where even I am getting ready to give up on Cassel. There are no more excuses. If Croyle were healthy I'd consider trying it because you have get something more than 68 yards. That's almost as inept as Sanchez.

Go fuck yerself, you defended that POS to the end.... I said when they gave high2nd round pick for him they were retarded...Go masturbate to your Pioli poster JACKASS!!

MadMax
09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
He didn't do anything to lose the game and made 2 good plays but he must be alot better for the rest of the season

Good fucking Lord!!!! Oh my don't diss me Matty!!!

EyePod
09-14-2010, 06:37 PM
That was a very good play. 1 good play and a bunch of bad ones don't add up to props...

Sure-Oz
09-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Matt had his 1 and only good play and it was a scramble....he really really sucks and has shown me nothing so far

Pioli Zombie
09-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Mad Max is upset but I am getting fed up with Cassel. So.....I should defend Cassel?
WTF??

Marcellus
09-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Like I have already stated he needs to do better but the only difference in his game and The Franchise Sanchez's game was Cassel manned up and dove for a first down while Sanchez slid like a pussy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 07:37 PM

Well, I guess it's now official:

Cassel sucks.

boogblaster
09-14-2010, 07:40 PM
he can't read or pass .. he can hand off .. thats sumpin ....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Like I have already stated he needs to do better but the only difference in his game and The Franchise Sanchez's game was Cassel manned up and dove for a first down while Sanchez slid like a pussy.

Dude, they have beat it in to his fucking head, "DON'T BE A RUNNING BACK BECAUSE THIS AIN'T COLLEGE".

A shitty Sanchez( who is 24, FFS )does NOT equal vindication for an EQUALLY SHITTY Cassel.

Marcellus
09-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Dude, they have beat it in to his ****ing head, "DON'T BE A RUNNING BACK BECAUSE THIS AIN'T COLLEGE".

A shitty Sanchez( who is 24, FFS )does NOT equal vindication for an EQUALLY SHITTY Cassel.

I agree but I would just stop at a shitty QB is a shitty QB. See Matt Lienart for any needed additional information.

Brock
09-14-2010, 07:47 PM

Your head has partially come out of its usual resting place (your ass)

BossChief
09-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Aaron Rodgers
Flacco
Rosenfels
Sanchez
Shaub
Clausen
Drew Brees
Tyler Thigpen (had to do it)
Tim Tebow (haha, I kid, I kid)
Mike Vick (ok, Im done)

what do these guys have in common?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 08:15 PM
I agree but I would just stop at a shitty QB is a shitty QB. See Matt Lienart for any needed additional information.

Agreed.:D

munkey
09-14-2010, 08:28 PM

GO DIE IN A FIRE...JACKASS

munkey
09-14-2010, 08:29 PM
he can't read or pass .. he can hand off .. thats sumpin ....

LMAO

Bane
09-14-2010, 08:34 PM
GO DIE IN A FIRE...JACKASS

With Casshole....Slowly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 08:46 PM
With Casshole....Slowly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bathing in a bluish-green waterfall of anti-freeze...

Bane
09-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Bathing in a bluish-green waterfall of anti-freeze...While eating a fuggn aids infected needle sammich! Wait...I like that one!Bwaaaaa haaaa haaaaa!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 08:50 PM
While eating a fuggn aids infected needle sammich! Wait...I like that one!Bwaaaaa haaaa haaaaa!
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

The Cassel-hate is strong in this one...

notorious
09-14-2010, 08:54 PM
LMAO

It rivals his hatred of KnowMo.

Bane
09-14-2010, 09:00 PM
LMAO

Honestly I don't hate him.I just hate that he sucks ass as our starting QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Honestly I don't hate him.I just hate that he sucks ass as our starting QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

If he had the natural talent to match his work ethic; wow.

munkey
09-14-2010, 10:10 PM
If he had the natural talent to match his work ethic; wow.

Does he really have the work ethic to match??? When he ran off the field on the last play I wanted to :Lin: I mean was he just happy he didn't throw an interception or fumble the ball...seriously...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Does he really have the work ethic to match??? When he ran off the field on the last play I wanted to :Lin: I mean was he just happy he didn't throw an interception or fumble the ball...seriously...

He's just not a very comfortable guy I think.

munkey
09-14-2010, 10:19 PM
A buddy of mine asked me what I thought about the game today...All I could say was I loved the fact we won and our rookie's shinned...But our QB SUCKED balls so it was a love/hate win for me....He completely agreed.

Bane
09-14-2010, 10:26 PM
He's just not a very comfortable guy I think.

I keep waiting for him to have a breakout game and make us all eat crow,even if just for 1 game.....AMEN.

BossChief
09-14-2010, 10:26 PM
What the fuck was he doing securing the game ball like he deserved to be holding it.

At first I thought he was gonna run it over to DJ, or DMC, or Arenas...Dorsey...you know, someone who deserved it.

Did I miss something there or did he actually keep it?

munkey
09-14-2010, 10:31 PM
What the **** was he doing securing the game ball like he deserved to be holding it.

At first I thought he was gonna run it over to DJ, or DMC, or Arenas...Dorsey...you know, someone who deserved it.

He kept it...that's why I've lost all respect for the douche bag. Unless I see evidence otherwise he's Grbac all over again....

KCBOSS1
09-14-2010, 10:35 PM
I like him as a person, Just not as our quarterback. I agree about him putting his head down and getting that first down. I just don't think he belongs as a starting QB in the NFL. What did he pass for, like 68 yards? In an NFL game, is that possible.

munkey
09-14-2010, 10:39 PM
I like him as a person, Just not as our quarterback. I agree about him putting his head down and getting that first down. I just don't think he belongs as a starting QB in the NFL. What did he pass for, like 68 yards? In an NFL game, is that possible.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing

Stats don't lie...he SUCKS...

BUT...BUT...the weather was bad and it was raining....PLEASE see Rivers stats....Were they not in the same game...I'm sick of the excuses...What a total wasted of time, energy and money...

BossChief
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
8/16 starts he has thrown for less than 200 yards
in 4 of those games he threw for less than 100 yards
3 tds and 5 interceptions in those games (and 2 of those touchdowns were when we were already blown out and they were in total garbage time)

Im not sure I have seen a guy that can be as bad as Matt when he is in "unrare form"

KCBOSS1
09-14-2010, 10:56 PM
8/16 starts he has thrown for less than 200 yards
in 4 of those games he threw for less than 100 yards
3 tds and 5 interceptions in those games (and 2 of those touchdowns were when we were already blown out and they were in total garbage time)

Im not sure I have seen a guy that can be as bad as Matt when he is in "unrare form"

Absolutely unbelievable. Look at the skill set on our squad right now. Apart from the QB, we're a playoff team again. Defense, the most playmakers we've had in 6 years. I just don't get it. My worst fears in bringing him over have been realized and worse. My fears were that he would be mediocre....not suck!

Red Dawg
09-15-2010, 06:18 AM

Rivers is a choker. Good for stats but so what if you can't get in the zone on easy lob passes. He choked Monday night.

Chiefnj2
09-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Absolutely unbelievable. Look at the skill set on our squad right now. Apart from the QB, we're a playoff team again. Defense, the most playmakers we've had in 6 years. I just don't get it. My worst fears in bringing him over have been realized and worse. My fears were that he would be mediocre....not suck!

WRs and TE's are weak. Pass blocking is still very suspect.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2010, 08:28 AM
What the fuck was he doing securing the game ball like he deserved to be holding it.

Look at that DMC reel. He's acting like HE fucking did something.

IT'S GARBAGE!LMAO

TimeForWasp
12-28-2010, 09:17 AM

How do you like me now?

Lzen
12-28-2010, 09:27 AM
How do you like me now?

I see its bump old Cassel bashing threads day. :rolleyes:

Look, Cassel was playing poorly in games early in the year. He deserved the criticism at the time. I hoped he would improve but was pretty much ready to give up on him. I'll give credit, he has changed my opinion. He really turned it around and has become a good QB this year.

Even early in the season when he would have a good quarter or half or game, he would come out the next quarter, half, or game and not play well. Even when he showed flashes, he wasn't consistent. He has become much more consistent in the second half of the season.

As much as he deserves heaps of praise for playing well, he deserved criticism early on for playing poorly. I'm not saying he deserved some of the more harsh bashing, but he did deserve some.

Saul Good
12-28-2010, 10:02 AM
I see its bump old Cassel bashing threads day. :rolleyes:

Look, Cassel was playing poorly in games early in the year. He deserved the criticism at the time. I hoped he would improve but was pretty much ready to give up on him. I'll give credit, he has changed my opinion. He really turned it around and has become a good QB this year.

Even early in the season when he would have a good quarter or half or game, he would come out the next quarter, half, or game and not play well. Even when he showed flashes, he wasn't consistent. He has become much more consistent in the second half of the season.

As much as he deserves heaps of praise for playing well, he deserved criticism early on for playing poorly. I'm not saying he deserved some of the more harsh bashing, but he did deserve some.
This is true. That said, the bashers need to realize that they aren't exactly shrewd evaluators of talent and potential the next time a similar situation arises. Of course, they won't, though.

Lzen
12-28-2010, 11:21 AM
This is true. That said, the bashers need to realize that they aren't exactly shrewd evaluators of talent and potential the next time a similar situation arises. Of course, they won't, though.

On this, we agree.