PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Browns your next!

Rasputin
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Still savoring our victory, but havn't seen a thread for our next game. Yea we beat a team that should end up winning our division, but no game is going to come easy for us even if it is the Browns. We got defense rolling, running game rolling and ST rolling. We need sollid play from our QB and WRs, that is a legit concern for this team. I don't care whose fault it is no excuses.

Of course I think we can beat the Browns, but don't expect it to be pretty. Our ST and there ST are a big match up. Going back to what they did too us last year any ways.

If any body wants to post a scouting report go ahead.

:arrow:

Titty Meat
09-14-2010, 04:22 PM
The NFL is pretty simple if you win the turnover battle you usually win the game. The Browns have Delhomme as the QB. Hopefully Crennel can shutdown Clevelands run game if so I'd say Chiefs win.

MTG#10
09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
I dont get why everybody thinks that just because we beat sandy eggo at our home opener on MNF in the rain that we will be huge favorites to win in Cleveland. Its Cleveland's home opener so that crowd will be rabid, we have a short week to prepare, and KC is dogshit on the road and has been for years now. Im not comfortable about next week at all.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
I think we SHOULD beat Cleveland

Chargers offense > Cleveland Offense
Chargers defense > Cleveland Defense
Chargers ST < Cleveland ST
Chargers coaches = Cleveland Coaches

Cleveland plays a 3-4 which means running the ball is a big thing which is what we do on offense.

The key imo is that it's @Cleveland ... can the players bring the energy etc on the road?

Blankey
09-14-2010, 04:26 PM
you are

you're

58-4ever
In no grammar cop, but the whole your / you're misusage really bothers me.

58-4ever
you are

you're

Beat me!!

Reaper16
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Let's kill Jerome Harrison.

L.A. Chieffan
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Wheres that Bloodsport Chong Li gif

Fritz88
09-14-2010, 04:28 PM
We just need to eliminate big plays against us. I suspect that Berry will show up big time.

kysirsoze
I dont get why everybody thinks that just because we beat sandy eggo at our home opener on MNF in the rain that we will be huge favorites to win in Cleveland. Its Cleveland's home opener so that crowd will be rabid, we have a short week to prepare, and KC is dogshit on the road and has been for years now. Im not comfortable about next week at all.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1OMiSrEJXnY/RngkR6u_GWI/AAAAAAAACwc/Rr1jayzBtps/s400/debbie_downer.jpg

Bane
Browns your next!

Gotta do it bro,my shots come few and far between!LMAO

kysirsoze
09-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Let's kill Jerome Harrison.

Like "kill" him in the game? Or CPers taking a field trip? I'm cool either way.

Reaper16
09-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Like "kill" him in the game? Or CPers taking a field trip? I'm cool either way.
I'm cool either way, too. Bitch gots to pay.

The Bad Guy
09-14-2010, 04:30 PM
KC actually played tough on the road last year. That was the first Chiefs team that actually competed on the road.

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Let's kill Jerome Harrison.No kidding. You know Haley/Crennel will remind this D of last seasons game.

ModSocks
09-14-2010, 04:32 PM

Neither am I. No team is going to be easy for the Chiefs. And the Browns always seem to beat us.

Very worried about next week.

On the bright side: I'm ready to cheer for Eric Berry's first pick-6!

MTG#10
09-14-2010, 04:32 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1OMiSrEJXnY/RngkR6u_GWI/AAAAAAAACwc/Rr1jayzBtps/s400/debbie_downer.jpg

Maybe so but Ive been a Chiefs fan my whole life and find it hard to be optimistic. I was excited as hell last night and had so much adrenaline pumping through my veins I didn't sleep at all but Im not going to start getting my hopes up when we're playing on the road until they can show me otherwise.

LaChapelle
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
THe off-season was bracketed by two emotional wins over divisional opponents
I don't want to move on just yet
:deevee:

Bane
Neither am I. No team is going to be easy for the Chiefs. And the Browns always seem to beat us.

Very worried about next week.

On the bright side: I'm ready to cheer for Eric Berry's first pick-6!

Who's that return guy for the Browns? Do you think Haley got the memo?ROFL

kysirsoze
No kidding. You know Haley/Crennel will remind this D of last seasons game.

Hopefully "this D" doesn't remind us of last season's game.

(I don't think it will)

Titty Meat
09-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Hopefully "this D" doesn't remind us of last season's game.

(I don't think it will)

If the ILB's play like last night theres a very good chance we shut them down.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2010, 04:38 PM
...If any body wants to post a scouting report go ahead.

Thanks.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I think we SHOULD beat Cleveland

Chargers offense > Cleveland Offense
Chargers defense > Cleveland Defense
Chargers ST < Cleveland ST
Chargers coaches = Cleveland Coaches

Cleveland plays a 3-4 which means running the ball is a big thing which is what we do on offense.

The key imo is that it's @Cleveland ... can the players bring the energy etc on the road?

Actually, about the only thing that tells me is that the Chargers would probably beat the Browns.

Rasputin
09-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks.

You are welcome.

runnercyclist
09-14-2010, 06:06 PM
My son and I are making the 5 hour drive to attend. Last time we made that trip (uhh 2006?) it didn't turn out so well. I am due a win.

Delhomme probably won't play - drats! Harrison will get a lot of carries.

I predict DMC and JC will see a lot more PT...and a Chiefs win, of course!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-14-2010, 06:09 PM
My son and I are making the 5 hour drive to attend. Last time we made that trip (uhh 2006?) it didn't turn out so well. I am due a win.

Delhomme probably won't play - drats! Harrison will get a lot of carries.

I predict DMC and JC will see a lot more PT...and a Chiefs win, of course!

Delhomme isn't playing?

runnercyclist
09-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Delhomme isn't playing?

In a walking cast because of ankle injury.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/09/browns_qb_jake_delhomme_in_wal.html

ElGringo
09-14-2010, 06:22 PM
In a walking cast because of ankle injury.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/09/browns_qb_jake_delhomme_in_wal.html

So, what your saying is, we actually have a chance?

KCUnited
09-14-2010, 06:34 PM
I've seen Cleveland -1 and -2 today.

CoMoChief
09-14-2010, 06:38 PM
I really hope this team has taken a step in the other direction.

It's VERY important this team starts knowing how to close out games. There were at least games the Chiefs had no business losing OR had a chance winning if a couple things had played out differently. In 2009 the DAL, OAK, JAX, CLE, BUF, CIN are games where a couple different things happen, KC could have won. KC's record would then have been 10-6 as opposed to 4-12. As bad as this team was, as many holes as we had on this team then, patching some of them w/ broke dick FA's, we still could have had a record like 10-6. I firmly believe that.

This team isn't a long ways away from being a force in the AFC. The main issue (again) is the QB. Gretz wants to write about how us KC fans boo no matter who's behind center. I can't remember anyone booing Joe Montana, maybe that's just me. Anyways, Cassel hasn't shown one glimpse of how good he could be w/ this team. I'm more than sure he's a leader in the locker room, classroom and on the field. But sooner or later, your production on the field speaks for itself, and he's just not a good QB. His arm/accuracy is a major issue, some of that (at this point, at this level) can't be taught. Either you have it or you don't. Cassel doe NOT have it. I really think he's going to be a liability on offense, if he isn't already. Our OC hands are cuffed because of the inabilities of our QB. That limits what we can do w/ other players, it limits what the Chiefs can do on offense.

Another year or two w/ good drafts w/ a few key FA signings, we can build around the following:

Charles,Battle,Castille,McCluster,Bowe,Moaeki,Albert ,Asamoah ,Lilja ,Richardson,Dorsey,Jackson,Gillberry,D.Johnson,Studebaker ,Belcher,Sheffield,Hali,Flowers,Carr,Arenas,Washington,Berry,Lewis ,Colquitt,Succop

That's not a bad "core" to build around.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Hmm...

Could Seneca give us trouble though?

Bane
09-14-2010, 06:39 PM
So Seneca Wallace is the back up QB right?
Posted via Mobile Device

kcwild
09-14-2010, 07:21 PM
So Seneca Wallace is the back up QB right?
Posted via Mobile Device

.Seneca Wallace time in Cleveland?
Twitter RSS Share 07:47 AM ET 09.14 | Jake Delhomme may have had enough to worry about with his performance, and now he may be dinged up physically. He injured his right ankle in his Browns debut, was still sore Monday and will undergo tests as early as Tuesday. "We'll get him tested and looked at and figure out where we're at," coach Eric Mangini said. ... President Mike Holmgren said at the Ring of Honor kickoff at Cleveland Browns Stadium that the ankle was "sore." If it's an issue all week, Seneca Wallace could see an increase in repetitions in preparation for Kansas City's visit for the Browns' home opener.

The Chronicle-Telegram