PDA

View Full Version : Football Other than our beloved Chiefs the game of the week is...

Nzoner
09-15-2010, 10:09 AM
"We're coming to the Meadowlands on Sunday, man, so you got 60 minutes of this 'slouch.'" (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5571905)

I'm so glad this is a 3:15 kick.

New England Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss has a message for New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, who over the offseason dubbed Moss a "slouch":

"We're coming to the Meadowlands on Sunday, man, so you got 60 minutes of this 'slouch.'"

Moss made the comment on "SportsCenter" on Tuesday, when asked by anchor Hannah Storm his reaction to the comment by Revis, who categorized Moss as a "slouch" while playing a word association game on the NFL Network during the offseason.

"Words don't really hurt me. I guess he's entitled to say what he wants to say," Moss said. "Then again, we're coming to the Meadowlands on Sunday, man, so you got 60 minutes of this 'slouch.' I don't really get into the trash talking, but if what he called me was a 'slouch,' then I guess the 'slouch' will be there to see you on Sunday."

The Patriots face the Jets on Sunday afternoon at New Meadowlands Stadium.

It was the second time in three days Moss had talked about Revis, the shutdown cornerback known for stranding high-profile receivers on "Revis Island." Revis played well against Moss last season, holding him to nine catches for 58 yards and just one touchdown in two games last season.

"There was a lot of talk last year -- and I'm not taking anything from him, he did some good things to be the shutdown corner that he is -- I'm not here to say that I prided my offseason on Revis," Moss said. "But like I said, I take pride in what I do. What he did last year, was something that, he opened my eyes up as a wide receiver. That there's a cornerback out here where I have to be on my A-game. I prided my offseason on staying off Revis Island."

Jets coach Rex Ryan confirmed Tuesday that Revis indeed will cover Moss on Sunday afternoon.

"Yeah, you can go ahead and put that in there," Ryan said.

Amnorix
09-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Big game for both teams. More stories and angles to this than you could ask for.

Brock
09-15-2010, 10:38 AM
1 catch 8 yards

Amnorix
09-15-2010, 10:39 AM
This was a great read for Pats fans. I hope someday you can read a thread like this on a Denver or Raiders or Chargers board. :D

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217758

mikey23545
09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I am far from being a Patriots fan, but I hope NE kicks their asses up over their shoulders...

Amnorix
09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
1 catch 8 yards

Randy? Yeah, maybe. Thing is, even if he can beat Revis consistently, which is a very open question -- why try? Our TEs and Faulk can destroy their LBs/safeties, and they have NO answer for Welker...

Frosty
09-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Between this game and the Manning-fest, I can see that there is no reason to watch any of the pregame shows. :rolleyes:

boogblaster
09-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Moss will get his catches .....

Amnorix
09-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Between this game and the Manning-fest, I can see that there is no reason to watch any of the pregame shows. :rolleyes:

Manning-fest?

vailpass
09-15-2010, 10:48 AM
JETS jets!jets!jets!

Dayze
09-15-2010, 10:49 AM
don't NY Giants and Indy play this week?

Jeeeesus...that'll be horrible to watch any pre-games this weekend.

LaChapelle
Good thing for Randy
Champ Bailey wasn't part of the Mulroney(SP?) trade

Frosty
Manning-fest?

Giants vs Colts

Amnorix
09-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Giants vs Colts

Ah, didn't know that was a game this week. Yeah, could be ugly.

vailpass
09-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Giants vs Colts

Regardless of whether you like Eli or Peyty boy can you imagine how big their dad's chest must puff up on Sundays, especially this Sunday?
Pretty much the last guy you want to play "my son is a ...what's your son do?" with.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2010, 11:05 AM
JETS jets!jets!jets!

LMAO

Shogun
09-15-2010, 11:22 AM
New York 'Yets'.. IMO

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2010, 11:26 AM
New York 'Yets'.. IMO

The Jets completely turned me off with all of the jaw-jacking and self-hype.

I hope they burn this year.

58-4ever
09-15-2010, 11:31 AM
The Jets completely turned me off with all of the jaw-jacking and self-hype.

I hope they burn this year.

The Jets defense is legit. Too bad their OC runs an offense like his father did.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2010, 11:39 AM
The Jets defense is legit. Too bad their OC runs an offense like his father did.

The fans and the press are on his ass again this year.

bevischief
09-15-2010, 11:41 AM
They should be nice and wired up by game time.

COchief
09-15-2010, 09:58 PM
this post and quote made me laugh my ass off:

Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
""Wow, I should be thrilled this this kind of negativity from a hated rival, but I kind of find it pathetic. It should be a very close game. By and large, when the Jets sucked and the Pats were at their best, they played close games that could go either way. Its the nature of division rivalries.
The Jets aren't going to get 14 penalties. The offense WILL have more than 6 first downs, The crowd will help. Man I can't believe I'm the voice of reason in this thread""

Don't patronize us **** face

-King-
09-15-2010, 10:00 PM
God I hope Moss goes for 200 yards and 4 TDs. I hope he abuses Revis.

Fuck the Jets. Overrated fucks.

-King-
09-15-2010, 10:02 PM

Can't blame him when you have Cassel pt. 2 as your QB.

the Talking Can
09-15-2010, 10:05 PM
i hope the pats win by 50

09-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Well, at least they won't be talking about Favre all week.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2010, 10:08 PM
The Jets aren't going anywhere. Mark Dilfer said something today like there's nothing wrong with going 15-1. Does he think he's better than what he is? LOL handoff king.

Priest31kc
09-15-2010, 10:08 PM

Fuck the Jets. Overrated fucks.

This.

Before they did all their talkin, I picked them to go to the SB. Now, I think they'll crash, and I hope they do. They will be 0-2 after this week.

And yeah I really hope Moss torches Revis a couple times. You know he's motivated after being called a slouche. I'd be pissed, especially a WR of Moss' caliber.

Nzoner
09-19-2010, 07:42 AM

**** the Jets. Overrated ****s.

This.

Before they did all their talkin, I picked them to go to the SB. Now, I think they'll crash, and I hope they do. They will be 0-2 after this week.

And yeah I really hope Moss torches Revis a couple times. You know he's motivated after being called a slouche. I'd be pissed, especially a WR of Moss' caliber.

I love the clip with Brady where he's talking about if they(Pats players) run their mouth they get yelled at by BB.I too hope this turns into an ass kickin' of major proportions.