PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Who here spends the most on bodybuilding supplements

googlegoogle
09-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Does it work as advertised?

Musclemilk?

Brock
09-15-2010, 09:09 PM
subtitled, who here is stupid?

boogblaster
09-15-2010, 09:10 PM
well i spend bout 50 bucks a week on meat tators and beer ...

KCUnited
09-15-2010, 09:11 PM
All natural baby.

Shogun
09-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Muscle milk does work for recovery, I usually get vanilla and put it in my iced coffee.

And I use Nutrabolics.

googlegoogle
09-15-2010, 09:12 PM
subtitled, who here is stupid?

quit farting in my thread. :cuss:

I want to know if they get what they pay for.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2010, 09:13 PM
It's always wise to use products that are completely unregulated and as a result, have lead in them.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2010, 09:15 PM
quit farting in my thread. :cuss:

I want to know if they get what they pay for.

Here's a better idea:

You want to bulk up, eat some tuna and steak and don't be a fucking rube.

Silock
09-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Muscle milk does work for recovery, I usually get vanilla and put it in my iced coffee.

And I use Nutrabolics.

There's nothing special about Muscle Milk or any other protein supplement that works better for recovery than any other protein source.

I used to spend about $25/week on average for supplements. Now, I spend nothing except $20/year on creatine. Just as strong/fast/big as ever.

CrazyPhuD
09-15-2010, 09:20 PM
No but my penis pump does!

Phobia
09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
I do. Can't you tell?

Phobia
09-15-2010, 09:34 PM
There's nothing special about Muscle Milk or any other protein supplement that works better for recovery than any other protein source.

I used to spend about $25/week on average for supplements. Now, I spend nothing except $20/year on creatine. Just as strong/fast/big as ever.

You're not fast.

Silock
09-15-2010, 09:48 PM
You're not fast.

WHY I OUGHTA....

ONE DAY, ALICE! TO THA MOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Phobia
09-15-2010, 10:10 PM
You might be faster than some soccer dorks but you're not faster than the men.

Rain Man
09-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Before I answer, is pie considered a bodybuilding supplement?

Bane
09-15-2010, 10:29 PM
I use Jager Bombs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Silock
09-15-2010, 11:27 PM
You might be faster than some soccer dorks but you're not faster than the men.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/photo-subtitle-15.jpg

BWillie
09-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Dude, most supplements only help you save time. I use whey protein not because its going to make me big or ripped but because im too lazy to cook a quality meal with ample protein.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2010, 12:59 AM
It's always wise to use products that are completely unregulated and as a result, have lead in them.

Of course you are referring to muscle milk. That being said you just have to do sufficient due diligence starting with the company you are getting them from. The question is really way too vague and insufficient to address.

I'm surprised you actually know that.

Otter
09-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I had one vanilla mike muscle in my life and it shot out of me like a fire hose.

Vitamin c, some protein powder with frozen fruits and milk blended in the morning and some high octane cod liver oil is all I take.

I'd reccomend not getting too far from toilet or at least some good bush cover the first time you try it because if treats you like it did me there's about 60 seconds between a gut grumble and go time.

KCUnited
09-16-2010, 06:25 PM
What happened to a handful of Ripped Fuel and pounding much ass to stay fit?

Delano
09-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Recovery shake consists of frozen berries, cocoa powder, water and whey protein.

Other supplements? Nothing for 'bodybuilding.'
Posted via Mobile Device

MIAdragon
09-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Ive kicked around the idea of HGH, but Ive been to much of a pussy to try it.

BigCatDaddy
09-16-2010, 07:54 PM

I can get it through an HRT clinic, but it's like $800 a month. No big deal for pro athletes, but that's a nice chunk of change for myself.

BigCatDaddy
09-16-2010, 07:56 PM

It's got a ton of lead in it; that's why it's special. I only buy whey made in the USA.

Delano
09-16-2010, 09:29 PM
It's got a ton of lead in it; that's why it's special. I only buy whey made in the USA.

Tony Gonzalez has just the product for you! APS APS APS
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
09-16-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm kinda shocked this thread hasn't flushed Christian Okoye out of hiding with a stack of 8x10's.

FRCDFED
09-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Recently started taking AMP 60 from GNC. Supposed to be one of the more popular protein supplements currently on the market. It has a combination of amino's (to help with recovery) and a digestive aid. I've taken other whey protein supplements in the past and they had a grainy texture to them. AMP 60 doesn't seem to be that way. I mix it with the Ensure high protein shakes that I get at Walgreens because I don't like mixing them with water. I only take about 1/3 of the recommended dosage because I eat a high protein diet to start with.

Also MegaMen Sport vitamin supplements. I've been on this combo for about a month and I'm starting to see significant strength increases and faster recovery times.

BWillie
09-16-2010, 11:25 PM

Better hope you don't have a malignant tumor you don't know about. It'll blow your cancer up 10 fold and you'll be deadski

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Better hope you don't have a malignant tumor you don't know about. It'll blow your cancer up 10 fold and you'll be deadski

Oh goody, the old steroids are the devil dude again, wonderful.

BWillie
09-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Oh goody, the old steroids are the devil dude again, wonderful.

Naw, I don't think HGH is that harmful at least how the it is usually portrayed by the media, but it does speed up that process. It won't make you get cancer, but if you already have it, especially if you don't know it it can be detrimental.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2010, 11:59 PM

You should be able to accomplish what you want from Precursors unless you are going to compete in bodybuilding. find a good source for pregnenolone it is hella cheap and a cycle will give you great results. If you do it let me know there are few things you need to know. Karuna is a great place to acquire it BTW.

Inspector
09-17-2010, 06:40 AM
I'm only getting result in my stomach muscle.

The love handle muscles are also bulking up a bit.

Marcellus
09-17-2010, 07:05 AM

Completely misinformed BS. The consumer report study that was done used standards that are based off of the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP). The USP sets voluntary standards for health products.

USP acceptable levels of heavy metals are based off of someone who weighs 100lbs and the test were done based off of consuming 3 servings per day at 100lbs.

Cytosport does not buy their proteins from China or anywhere else questionable. I am in the protein drink production business so this is something I have knowledge of. Most milk protein comes from New Zealand.

Also Consumer Reports released a study some time back where they purchased multiple common items at grocery stores and tested them using the same standards.

I believe lettuce had higher levels of heavy metals than the protein drinks and of course shrimp was high in mercury and several other metals.

The bottom line is the products are safe and the only way they wouldn't be would be if you were using megadoses but that pretty much goes with about anything doesn't it?

Don't believe everything you read or at least do some subjective research.

Pneuma
09-17-2010, 07:50 AM
I didn't care for the taste and the low amount of protein per serving in Muscle Milk.

I drink a serving of Gold Standard Whey in place of breakfast to maintain during the spring and summer. I then go to 2 servings a day during the fall and winter to add a little more bulk. I have noticed muscle gain with this and 3 days a week at the gym.

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Chocolate-5-15-Pound/

Iowanian
09-17-2010, 08:24 AM
gg

I don't think buying Extenz in bulk would qualify as "body building" so you may want to disqualify yourself.