PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The official season-long "QB draft prospects" thread.

Frankie
09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
It's obvious we could use high picks in the following areas in the next draft:

QB - LB - DL - OL - WR

This thread is dedicated to discussions of the QB prospects all season. Your reports, updates, opinions, and arguments are invited. Please just keep it about the QBs, as I'm also creating threads dedicated to the other positions mentioned above. Please also keep it civil and respectful as we cannot all agree on all opinions.

teedubya
09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
OFFICIAL STFU.

kstater
09-19-2010, 06:43 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/Jehuty_1/Random%20Funny%20Things/Random.jpg

Dante84
09-19-2010, 06:46 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/Jehuty_1/Random%20Funny%20Things/Random.jpg

hahahah

Saul Good
09-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Dammit. Everyone is going to be coming to post in this thread all year, and they're going to have to look at that picture. Frankie, will you please start a new thread?

Kylo Ren
09-19-2010, 07:10 PM
It's obvious we could use high picks in the following areas in the next draft:

QB - LB - DL - OL - WR

This thread is dedicated to discussions of the QB prospects all season. Your reports, updates, opinions, and arguments are invited. Please just keep it about the QBs, as I'm also creating threads dedicated to the other positions mentioned above. Please also keep it civil and respectful as we cannot all agree on all opinions.

Good idea. I like this thread. Personally, I'd like to know what prospects to keep an eye on. You probably only needed 1 thread instead of 5. But, I'm a libertarian when it comes to Chiefs Planet.

We really need Cassel to improve and become "the man". But, he probably won't. So, what QB prospects should we be watching for the next 4 months?

Frankie
09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Good idea. I like this thread. Personally, I'd like to know what prospects to keep an eye on. You probably only needed 1 thread instead of 5. But, I'm a libertarian when it comes to Chiefs Planet.

We really need Cassel to improve and become "the man". But, he probably won't. So, what QB prospects should we be watching for the next 4 months?

With the frustrating slowness of this computer and all the heckling this thread invited I decided to not do a WR one. So it's really 4 threads.

BTW, thanks for the support. I think others will come around sooner or later.

BWillie
09-19-2010, 10:26 PM
#1 - Ryan Mallet

Kylo Ren
09-19-2010, 10:30 PM
With the frustrating slowness of this computer and all the heckling this thread invited I decided to not do a WR one. So it's really 4 threads.

BTW, thanks for the support. I think others will come around sooner or later. In a few days, when no one is looking, you need to post the WR thread. You're right, people will find these threads and start using them as the weeks and months go by.

Dante84
09-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I, too, am on the Ryan Mallet bandwagon

BWillie
09-19-2010, 10:35 PM
I, too, am on the Ryan Mallet bandwagon

He throws a beautiful deep ball

MikeMaslowski
09-19-2010, 10:35 PM
I hear that Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart and Jason Campbell might all be available soon!

-King-
09-19-2010, 10:36 PM
In a few days, when no one is looking, you need to post the WR thread. You're right, people will find these threads and start using them as the weeks and months go by.

ROFLROFLROFL

Dante84
09-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Here's the other thing.... I am scared we are going to have just enough wins to play us out of the running for an elite QB; and end up with another mediocre one, or one that's just okay, and then let our youth get old and basically end up like the Chargers the last few years: a closing window with aging talent.

So.... I am scared that we are too good for our own good right now...

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-20-2010, 01:00 AM
We need to find a way to talk Holmgren into trading us Colt McCoy.

kepp
09-20-2010, 07:15 AM
#1 - Ryan Mallet

I would have scoffed before the season, but he is looking the best (IMO) out of all the "big name" QBs so far. Gabbert DEFINITELY needs another year.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Vick ?

Chiefnj2
09-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Luck.

Too bad he probably won't declare this year.

I think Mallett is a little overrated. People always go apeshit over arm strength, when it is accuracy that matters more. That being said, Mallet might be the best guy this year.

BigCatDaddy
09-20-2010, 08:51 AM
The draftubators told me that Jake Locker is twice the prospect Sam Bradford was.

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Mallett will get his biggest test next Saturday.

Dayze
09-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Mallett will get his biggest test next Saturday.

yup.

Bama AND Mallett will have their hands full.
should be interesting.

tymania
09-20-2010, 09:06 AM
The draftubators told me that Jake Locker is twice the prospect Sam Bradford was.

idk about him after this week... he looked confused

the Talking Can
09-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Mallet was impressive on the road against Georgia, but - and it isn't his fault - a lot of his throws were to wide open WRs...I haven't seen him putting passes into tight spaces

not saying he can't

If he puts up good numbers against Bama next week, he could end up the #1 pick

if we took him, I'd like to sit him for a year...which i realize is a pipe dream in today's nfl...

he's kind of hard to evaluate because he has such amazing physical tools, makes some things look really easy in college

Chiefnj2
09-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Mel Kiper's 9/16/10 analysis of Locker:

Analysis: Has all the physical tools -- size, arm, even speed and improving footwork. Showing improved accuracy. Last week: No. 1.

I wonder if he's going to revisit his conclusions?

KChiefs1
09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Gabbert

Frosty
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Mel Kiper's 9/16/10 analysis of Locker:

Analysis: Has all the physical tools -- size, arm, even speed and improving footwork. Showing improved accuracy. Last week: No. 1.

I wonder if he's going to revisit his conclusions?

About Andre Woodson, Kentucky, pre-draft:

Even as Woodson's star has risen in the last year, he's still been eclipsed by his rival. Woodson ended last season as MVP of the Music City Bowl -- but Brohm ended it as MVP of the Orange Bowl. Woodson was named first-team preseason All-SEC this summer -- but Brohm was named first-team preseason All-American by Playboy. Woodson is ranked the No. 6 senior NFL draft prospect at any position by Mel Kiper -- but Brohm is ranked No. 1. (lol - double fail by Kiper)

I can see a similar draft drop for Locker once teams start really looking at his tape. I can also see him sucking at the combine in the drills since he doesn't have any accuracy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2963408&sportCat=ncf

Frankie
09-20-2010, 10:31 AM
We need to find a way to talk Holmgren into trading us Colt McCoy.

Why? what has he shown to make you confident that he's an NFL QB?

But we need to find out soon if Cassel is the 19.1 QB of yesterday's first half or the 97.9 QB of the second half?

Frankie
09-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Watching Stanford/NotreDame. Andrew Luck looks like the real thing. Most snaps behind the center. Throws short and intermediate passes with great touch and accuracy. hasn't had to throw a bomb, so I don't know how accurate he would be there. He looks poised too. I have watched and loved FSU's Ponder. So if Luck comes out and things go like this, I'd be happy with either QB. Ponder seems to have more scrambling ability as opposed to Luck being a pocket passer. But they both look good to me (so far).

Ebolapox
09-25-2010, 03:20 PM
you seriously bumped BOTH of your fucking threads? goddamn, frankie. stop spamming the front page!

Frankie
09-25-2010, 03:23 PM
you seriously bumped BOTH of your ****ing threads? goddamn, frankie. stop spamming the front page!

Are you here to troll or exchange QB info? If you don't like my threads get the **** out.

the Talking Can
09-25-2010, 03:30 PM
don't go anywhere

i'll be right back with all my posts on mallet from the game thread...

Chiefs Rool
09-25-2010, 04:40 PM
I hope we do draft one of them top QBs first, but we still have to hope that Pioli can admit that he was wrong on Cassel, of course everyone I work with thinks he's a God damn pro bowler.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-26-2010, 02:42 AM
Frankie? Take your meds, please.

Frankie
09-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Luck.

Too bad he probably won't declare this year.

I think Mallett is a little overrated. People always go apeshit over arm strength, when it is accuracy that matters more. That being said, Mallet might be the best guy this year.

I watched Mallett yesterday. Nothing wrong with his accuracy. My only worry with him is he seemed to get a bit more rattled by defensive pressure than Luck whom I also watched.

HolmeZz
09-26-2010, 11:00 AM
There's certainly an accuracy issue with Mallett. His footwork gets sloppy and he hasn't learned what touch to put on certain passes. Most of that's correctable/learnable though. I'm more worried about decision-making/IQ with him. Still the #2 QB in my mind, assuming Luck comes out.

Frankie
09-26-2010, 06:58 PM
There's certainly an accuracy issue with Mallett. His footwork gets sloppy and he hasn't learned what touch to put on certain passes. Most of that's correctable/learnable though. I'm more worried about decision-making/IQ with him. Still the #2 QB in my mind, assuming Luck comes out.

Totally agree. Well almost. My #2 is Ponder.