PDA

View Full Version : Football Clausen to start

Ralphy Boy
09-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Jimmy is going to start this week against Cinci. Get your popcorn ready.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-20-2010, 11:00 AM
oh.....snap

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/2/f/9/1/86.JPG?adImageId=7800898&imageId=2886123

Fish
09-20-2010, 11:02 AM
The "I told you so's" should be epic....

Go Jimmy!

Ralphy Boy
09-20-2010, 11:04 AM
The "I told you so's" should be epic....

Go Jimmy!

Yeah I'm really hoping he doesn't suck.:redface:

L.A. Chieffan
09-20-2010, 11:04 AM
get your over-reaction machine well oiled!

Mr. Laz
09-20-2010, 11:05 AM
stupid of them to announce it so early in the week

should make cincy prepare for moore all week and then surprise them with Clausen

Stinger
09-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Well this ought to be good ........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/2r7oehj.gif

-King-
09-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Cinci had 4 picks against Flacco. Wonder how they'll do against Clausen.

Either way there'll be a lot of a Told you so's at the end of the game. Im curious which side the I told you so's will be coming from though.

But, I'm stocking up on popcorn.

Ralphy Boy
09-20-2010, 11:09 AM
stupid of them to announce it so early in the week

should make cincy prepare for moore all week and then surprise them with Clausen

Like closing practice to the press wouldn't draw suspicion?

Ralphy Boy
09-20-2010, 11:10 AM
But, I'm stocking up on popcorn.

I was wondering if anyone would get it.

-King-
09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Well this ought to be good ........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/2r7oehj.gif

http://i28.tinypic.com/f9qv7d.jpg

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Great....can't wait. :rolleyes:

I can't wait for him to have a rough game against a damn good defense......and then all of CP will say anyone who wanted him was a fucking idiot.

Yep.....can't wait.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2010, 11:20 AM

I can't wait for him to have a rough game against a damn good defense......and then all of CP will say anyone who wanted him was a fucking idiot.

Yep.....can't wait.

Beat me to it. The agendas are amazing. People will use excuses when it suits them, then completely ignore those same excuses when it doesn't. We'll know a lot about Jimmy come Sunday. Sunday in 2013.

Smed1065
09-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Beat me to it. The agendas are amazing. People will use excuses when it suits them, then completely ignore those same excuses when it doesn't. We'll know a lot about Jimmy come Sunday. Sunday in 2013.

Respect you 2 but...

You 2 have no agenda?

:doh!:

-King-
09-20-2010, 11:24 AM

Yep.....can't wait.

And if he has a good game...CP will be unreadable.

Either way, both bandwagons will be in their "I told you so" mode next week.

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 11:26 AM

Yep.....can't wait.

So this will be the subject of Hootie's Week 3 I-told-you-so thread? If Clausen looks well he'll spout off about how he said we should have drafted Jimmy and if he sucks he'll do what your post says.

Mr. Flopnuts
Respect you 2 but...

You 2 have no agenda?

:doh!:

No Smed, I don't. I eat my own shit on this board all the time. I don't know if you just don't read those posts, or flat out ignore them. But I do it.

The Franchise
And if he has a good game...CP will be unreadable.

Either way, both bandwagons will be in their "I told you so" mode next week.

No....because I can actually wait for more than a week to claim that someone is awesome. Plus he's playing the Bengals....so its doubtful that he'll have a good game.

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 11:27 AM
So this will be the subject of Hootie's Week 3 thread? If Clausen looks well he'll spout off about how he said we should have drafted Jimmy and if he sucks he'll do what your post says.

Pretty much.

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Pretty much.

Except...

It will be...

In a format that is...

Similar to this..

Right?

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Except...

It will be...

In a format that is...

Similar to this..

Right?

:thumb:

LaChapelle
09-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Maybe they'll run a lot of wild pussy

Chiefnj2
09-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Panic move.

Fox is done. Stick a fork in him.

-King-
09-20-2010, 11:34 AM
I won't be mad about not drafting a QB unless we miss over the best qb class since 04 next draft.

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Panic move.

Fox is done. Stick a fork in him.

It's not a panic move. Fox was done either way.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2010, 11:49 AM
It's not a panic move. Fox was done either way.

It's 100% panic.

Mr. Laz
09-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Like closing practice to the press wouldn't draw suspicion?
so ... at least make them wonder for awhile. Make them prepare for both quarterbacks.

why announce it and remove the doubt?

Dave Lane
09-20-2010, 12:24 PM

This. I wanted him at 1a still might have gone with him over McCluster but I suspect Weis knew something and passed. Weis's opinion has got to count huge for any decision as to whether he sucked or not.

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 12:27 PM
This. I wanted him at 1a still might have gone with him over McCluster but I suspect Weis knew something and passed. Weis's opinion has got to count huge for any decision as to whether he sucked or not.

I don't think that Pioli or Haley wanted him. Pioli was going to do everything he could to make Cassel succeed.

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 12:34 PM
This. I wanted him at 1a still might have gone with him over McCluster but I suspect Weis knew something and passed. Weis's opinion has got to count huge for any decision as to whether he sucked or not.Rumor is that Weis pushed very hard for McCluster.

Now, that may not have anything to do with Clausen. By that point, he may have been stuck with Cassel regardless, and QB never entered the discussion.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Pioli was going to do everything he could to make Cassel succeed.

As opposed to all those GM's who bring in a QB and do everything possible to make them fail.

Sofa King
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
I don't think that Pioli or Haley wanted him. Pioli was going to do everything he could to make Cassel succeed.

oops!

Pitt Gorilla
09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Beat me to it. The agendas are amazing. People will use excuses when it suits them, then completely ignore those same excuses when it doesn't. To DC in 3 2 1.

HotRoute
09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
I hope for the best for this guy but i've been very impressed with mccluster and arenas. In my opinion there are more qb's out there like clausen, but guys like mccluster don't come around all the time

Fish
09-20-2010, 12:59 PM
I hope for the best for this guy but i've been very impressed with mccluster and arenas. On my opinion there are more qb's out there like clausen, but guys like mccluster don't come around all the time

What the bloody fuck is this?

Seriously..?

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 01:00 PM
What the bloody fuck is this?

Seriously..?

Therein lies the problem with this fan base.

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 01:01 PM
As opposed to all those GM's who bring in a QB and do everything possible to make them fail.

You know what I meant you fucking retard.

Ming the Merciless
09-20-2010, 01:30 PM

I can't wait for him to have a rough game against a damn good defense......and then all of CP will say anyone who wanted him was a ****ing idiot.

Yep.....can't wait.

QFT

Chiefnj2
09-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Clausen is being put into a bad situation. Moore took 8 sacks in a game and half. I know against the Giants he got pounded and had no time to throw. The Panthers also only had three (3) active receivers yesterday - Smith (very good), Jarrett (really bad) and a 6th round pick. Good luck Jimmy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2010, 02:32 PM
He hasn't won a Super Bowl yet???

Bust.

(FWIW, Cassel just needs another 3 years)

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Clausen is being put into a bad situation. Moore took 8 sacks in a game and half. I know against the Giants he got pounded and had no time to throw. The Panthers also only had three (3) active receivers yesterday - Smith (very good), Jarrett (really bad) and a 6th round pick. Good luck Jimmy.

Oh....he's fucked. I wouldn't have started him this year...but Fox is desperate.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2010, 02:34 PM
John Fox is a stupid motherfucker and should have been shitcanned after last year.

Smed1065
09-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah the 30% that said yes. Versus the 70 that said no?

Go OP, GO!

beach tribe
09-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Charlie Weis obviously didn't want him very bad or we would have taken him in round 2.
I trust his opinion over anyone here.
All I can say, is I hope he lives through Sunday. Putting him in this early will probably ruin him tho.

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Charlie Weis obviously didn't want him very bad or we would have taken him in round 2.
I trust his opinion over anyone here.
All I can say, is I hope he lives through Sunday. Putting him in this early will probably ruin him tho.

Dude we have no clue whether or not Weis was overruled on that decision.

Mecca
09-20-2010, 03:18 PM
I hope for the best for this guy but i've been very impressed with mccluster and arenas. In my opinion there are more qb's out there like clausen, but guys like mccluster don't come around all the time

If this is a legit post I feel for your sanity.

beach tribe
09-20-2010, 03:18 PM

I would have to believe that he would be their #1 source of input on whether he was worth a damn or not, whether he personally wanted him or not. Wouldn't you? He didn't drop harder than Matt Lienart for no reason. Other teams obviously felt the same.

Dave Lane
09-20-2010, 03:23 PM

If he had said he's the real deal and a great Plan B to Cassel and I can't believe he has dropped to the 2nd round then he's the pick. Pioli is not stupid despite what many on here seem to think.

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
If he had said he's the real deal and a great Plan B to Cassel and I can't believe he has dropped to the 2nd round then he's the pick. Pioli is not stupid despite what many on here seem to think.

Not if Pioli and Haley graded out McCluster and Arenas higher.

Mecca
09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I hope we draft Denard Robinson, players like him don't come around very often!

Mr. Laz
09-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh....he's fucked. I wouldn't have started him this year...but Fox is desperate.
getting thrown into the fire and sacked alot only makes a young QB stronger /CP

If a young QB can't handle getting beaten into pulp then i don't want him as my quarterback /CP

Mr. Laz
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
If he had said he's the real deal and a great Plan B to Cassel and I can't believe he has dropped to the 2nd round then he's the pick. Pioli is not stupid despite what many on here seem to think.The fact that we have virtually zero options at QB tends to lean towards Pioli not wanting any competition for cassel.

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 03:33 PM

If a young QB can't handle getting beaten into pulp then i don't want him as my quarterback /CP

Getting thrown into the fire with options is one thing. He's got no options at WR.

Mecca
09-20-2010, 03:37 PM
That's probably because Matt Cassel is fragile emotionally. When he's doing interviews acting like he makes no mistakes and saying the team, that leads me to believe they've tried to build him up that way and it's having a weird affect.

threebag
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM

Well someone needs to break the fucking silence.

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Well someone needs to break the fucking silence.

It's not going to happen.

Pioli is not going to come out and say that he overruled on Clausen because it proves that he doesn't want competition for Cassel. Weis isn't going to say shit because it will be deemed as undermining Pioli and Cassel. And Haley isn't going to say shit because it will more than likely cost him his job.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-20-2010, 03:58 PM
That's probably because Matt Cassel is fragile emotionally. When he's doing interviews acting like he makes no mistakes and saying the team, that leads me to believe they've tried to build him up that way and it's having a weird affect.

I thought Tribal was the QB Whisperer?

DeezNutz
09-20-2010, 04:49 PM

These posts are bullshit, and you know it.

The fact that we have virtually zero options at QB tends to lean towards Pioli not wanting any competition for cassel.

This is insightful, however.

BossChief
09-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Id give up Arenas AND DMC right now to have taken Clausen.

I really like both players, too.

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 05:18 PM

I'd give up Cassel and a 3rd round pick.

Bearcat
09-20-2010, 05:21 PM

Sorry, Charlie.

BossChief
09-20-2010, 05:22 PM
I think that Haley and a player like Clausen would be like peanut butter and jelly. They have that "fiery leader" personality.
I'd give up Cassel and a 3rd round pick.
Cassel, Arenas and a third RIGHT NOW

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 05:26 PM
I gotta stop talking about this. I'm starting to get annoyed that we didn't draft him again.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Fitzpatrick is starting in Buffalo next week as well.

Ralphy Boy
09-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Not if Pioli and Haley graded out McCluster and Arenas higher.

Who says Arenas graded out higher? I know there was speculation based on Haley's comments, post draft, about another player they wanted that was selected right before they were up. Who's to say that wasn't Jimmy?

Cassel, Arenas and a third RIGHT NOW

Always quick to admit when I was wrong (April 2010); I'd rather have Arenas right now than DMC. Loved DMC's TD in the opener, but I'm still afraid that Haley's favorite new toy is going to get stomped and broken by a schoolyard bully before he really gets to play with it.

Take away DMC's return yardage and he's put up 12 yards of total offense on 4 touches. He's obviously capable of more and isn't getting many touches, so its clearly the gameplan.

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Who says Arenas graded out higher? I know there was speculation based on Haley's comments, post draft, about another player they wanted that was selected right before they were up. Who's to say that wasn't Jimmy?

Dude.....all of it is speculation. And I think that the player they wanted that was taken.....was Linval Joseph.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2010, 05:53 PM
He hasn't won a Super Bowl yet???

Bust.

(FWIW, Cassel just needs another 3 years)

LMAO

I cant...

wait...

to hear...

dipshits....

overreaction...

and fucktardery!

Coach
09-20-2010, 05:53 PM
As far as the 'I told you so's' is concerned, who gives a goddamn fuck? Everybody should know that one game doesn't tell us a goddamn thing.

Jesus Christ.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
09-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I can hear the draftabulator fapping already.

:D
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
I can hear the draftabulator fapping already.

:D
Posted via Mobile Device

FAP FAP FAP FAP

Mr. Laz
09-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Always quick to admit when I was wrong (April 2010); I'd rather have Arenas right now than DMC.
i'm not so sure that Arenas might not be the better player in the long run. Unless DMC develops as a legitimate WR threat then i don't know what his upside is going to be.

i don't know if he's durable enough to do returns for very long.

Maybe in a better offense ....

Arenas looks like he could be a solid KR/Nickleback for several years and then be a full time nickleback.

Ralphy Boy
09-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Dude.....all of it is speculation. And I think that the player they wanted that was taken.....was Linval Joseph.

Seems like they said the player they wanted ended up getting picked right before or a couple of spots before we picked.

Gonzo
09-20-2010, 06:16 PM
FAP FAP FAP FAP
DRAFTFAPULATORS FTW!
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
09-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Take away DMC's return yardage and he's put up 12 yards of total offense on 4 touches. He's obviously capable of more and isn't getting many touches, so its clearly the gameplan.
Go back and look at the bootleg to Chambers, the entire Cleveland D sells out on the fake to McCluster. A weapon with and without the ball.

Ralphy Boy
09-20-2010, 06:23 PM
i'm not so sure that Arenas might not be the better player in the long run. Unless DMC develops as a legitimate WR threat then i don't know what his upside is going to be.

i don't know if he's durable enough to do returns for very long.

Maybe in a better offense ....

Arenas looks like he could be a solid KR/Nickleback for several years and then be a full time nickleback.

So it's an investment for when we are a better offense?

I think they are just waiting until they have a matchup where they think it'll work to bring him in. We have almost nothing to throw at Houston or Indy to scare them so if they can incorporate DMC into the offense like they did in the preseason, they'd have a somewhat higher octane set than we have shown so far.

It might be that they are trying to hold back using him (and maybe JC) too so that Indy & Houston don't have much to look at or prepare for.

HotRoute
09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Clausen was a high 1st round projected qb and every single team passed on him. For some strange reason a handful of guys around here have a huge boner for him and think he's some great qb.

He plays a good cincy defense this weekend and is going to prove to everyone why he was passed on. The chiefs didn't daft him even though his head coach is our new offensive coordinator.

People need to get over him and worry about other stupid shit like how many times they can complain about Charles not getting enough carries or some other shit that has been repeated about 1,000,000,000 times on here

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Clausen was a high 1st round projected qb and every single team passed on him. For some strange reason a handful of guys around here have a huge boner for him and think he's some great qb.

He plays a good cincy defense this weekend and is going to prove to everyone why he was passed on. The chiefs didn't daft him even though his head coach is our new offensive coordinator.

People need to get over him and worry about other stupid shit like how many times they can complain about Charles not getting enough carries or some other shit that has been repeated about 1,000,000,000 times on here

I disagree.

HotRoute
09-23-2010, 10:26 PM
The bengals were able to pick off flacco 4 times last weekend and if you think clausen or the panthers offense is any where near the ravens your dillusional about this guy

Brock
09-23-2010, 10:27 PM
He isn't going to prove anything, no matter what kind of game he has.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2010, 10:31 PM
The bengals were able to pick off flacco 4 times last weekend and if you think clausen or the panthers offense is any where near the ravens your dillusional about this guy

I think he'll show why he deserves the start. Perception played every bit of him getting passed on, not his talent. He may not win the game, but he'll show the team and the fans why he deserves to be groomed for the franchise QB spot.

HotRoute
09-23-2010, 10:35 PM
I think he'll show why he deserves the start. Perception played every bit of him getting passed on, not his talent. He may not win the game, but he'll show the team and the fans why he deserves to be groomed for the franchise QB spot.

It might also have something to do with Matt Moore sucking, and John Fox worrying about his job at the end of the year. And ya he probably coul start for the chiefs but his firt bad game there would be people on here starting 50 threads about it and calling him a bust after 2 games

Brock
09-23-2010, 10:38 PM
And ya he probably coul start for the chiefs

The only relevant part of your post.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2010, 10:39 PM
It might also have something to do with Matt Moore sucking, and John Fox worrying about his job at the end of the year. And ya he probably coul start for the chiefs but his firt bad game there would be people on here starting 50 threads about it and calling him a bust after 2 games

Depends on the flashes shown vs out and out suck. Cassel gets reamed because he is SUPPOSED to be beyond the realm/level of guys like Clausen and Sanchez and Stafford.

Who, by the way, are NOT 28 years of age.

Jerm
09-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Depends on the flashes shown vs out and out suck. Cassel gets reamed because he is SUPPOSED to be beyond the realm/level of guys like Clausen and Sanchez and Stafford.

At this point, I'd take Cassel being on the level of Sage Rosenfels...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2010, 10:57 PM
At this point, I'd take Cassel being on the level of Sage Rosenfels...

Or Green Bay's back-up.

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I can't believe they're starting Clausen over Jamaal Charles.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 06:45 AM
I can't believe they're starting Clausen over Jamaal Charles.

LMAO

Ralphy Boy
09-24-2010, 08:17 AM

:shake:

HotRoute
09-24-2010, 09:14 AM

Cassel sucks and thats not a secret, that doesn't make Clausen the answer for the Chiefs.

Fish
09-24-2010, 09:29 AM

Are you trying for the Ultimate Moron award in this thread? Cause you're in the lead...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Cassel sucks and thats not a secret, that doesn't make Clausen the answer for the Chiefs.

It doesn't make him NOT the answer(or another of his equivalent)either.

JFC.

Would I start him over Cassel THIS FUCKING WEEKEND?

Do Angels play harps and piss Ambrosia?

Zaiko
09-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Clausen is gonna get creamed. They have bad WRs except for SS.. and a terrible Oline. They better just give DW/JS 20 carries each a game if they want to have a small chance.. and they better never fall behind in a game.

This is not what you want to do to a Rookie. Throw him into an unwinnable situation where he's getting creamed.

It's okay in some situations, like with Bradford where the season expectations were already very low, although even then they didn't put enough talent at WR/OL around him either.

The Franchise
09-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Clausen is gonna get creamed. They have bad WRs except for SS.. and a terrible Oline. They better just give DW/JS 20 carries each a game if they want to have a small chance.. and they better never fall behind in a game.

This is not what you want to do to a Rookie. Throw him into an unwinnable situation where he's getting creamed.

It's okay in some situations, like with Bradford where the season expectations were already very low, although even then they didn't put enough talent at WR/OL around him either.

I don't think the expectations were too high in Carolina this year.