PDA

View Full Version : Life Thinking out loud about this upcoming offseason...

Direckshun
09-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Is there any chance that this Marcus McNeill holdout in San Diego ends well for the Chargers?

Or, if you're like me, don't you think he's essentially going to go to free agency next year?

If that's the case -- why wouldn't you consider dropping huge money on him if you're a young up-'n'-coming team like the Chiefs? You get a young, Pro Bowl LT, and Albert slides to the right side. Bam, you've got bookends.

Thoughts?

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-20-2010, 08:52 PM
We need more talent on the OL. I'd move Albert to guard though.

KC Jones
09-20-2010, 08:54 PM
We don't even know if there will be football next season yet.

Also, I don't know how much this regime wants to fill spots on the line with top FA $$$$.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Is there any chance that this Marcus McNeill holdout in San Diego ends well for the Chargers?

Or, if you're like me, don't you think he's essentially going to go to free agency next year?

If that's the case -- why wouldn't you consider dropping huge money on him if you're a young up-'n'-coming team like the Chiefs? You get a young, Pro Bowl LT, and Albert slides to the right side. Bam, you've got bookends.

Thoughts?

Dumb.

There's my thought.

If McNeil doesn't sign with SD, he'll be a restricted free agent again.

PLEASE stop suggesting that Albert is anything but a left tackle.

The Bad Guy
09-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Dumb.

There's my thought.

If McNeil doesn't sign with SD, he'll be a restricted free agent again.

PLEASE stop suggesting that Albert is anything but a left tackle.

A Fucking men.

Albert has played very well the first 2 weeks. The theory that he's going to be a good RT is laughable.

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Come on, all the best teams move their best players out of their starting roles and move them to other positions. It happens every year. Let's move Flowers to SS, Berry to ILB and DJ to NT and make a play for Revis.

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2010, 09:23 PM

Thoughts?

No. If you want a Guard, get a Guard for cheap. Or a Center instead.

One guy I'd take a long look at is playing right now. I don't think Aubrayo Franklin is going to re-sign with the 49ers. Would be a great addition to the red and gold.

GoHuge
09-20-2010, 09:34 PM
And you wonder why Columbus was looking for another way.........................

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2010, 10:20 PM
This thing with Albert; PLEASE stop.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2010, 10:23 PM
There's no way you're thinking out loud, because your head is way up your ass. You could say you have shit for brains.

Mecca
09-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Actually the reason guys like McNeil and Jackson are sitting is they believe that with a new CBA they'll be declared FA's even without a service year because they had 1 added because of the uncapped year.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Actually the reason guys like McNeil and Jackson are sitting is they believe that with a new CBA they'll be declared FA's even without a service year because they had 1 added because of the uncapped year.

In the case of McNeil, this is absolutely untrue. He WANTS to be in San Diego and said so just three days ago. He just wants "proper" compensation.

I have no idea what's happening with V-Jack but if he believes that to be the case, he's receiving poor advice.

Teams all around the league are voting to de-certify from the union, which means there will be no work stoppage in 2011 and they'll continue to play under the rules of the last CBA until a new deal is worked out (which isn't likely to happen soon).

BossChief
09-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Teams all around the league are voting to de-certify from the union, which means there will be no work stoppage in 2011 and they'll continue to play under the rules of the last CBA until a new deal is worked out (which isn't likely to happen soon).

Interesting. I thought the reason all the players started week one games with one finger up in unison is because they were all "standing together" in getting a new deal done.

Not calling you out on this, but can you provide a link? Seems there are contradicting reports out there.

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2010, 11:19 PM
:facepalm: JFC I thought we were done with the "Move Albert RT" to nonsense?

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Interesting. I thought the reason all the players started week one games with one finger up in unison is because they were all "standing together" in getting a new deal done.

Not calling you out on this, but can you provide a link? Seems there are contradicting reports out there.

Colts players vote unanimously to decertify union

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13965231/colts-players-vote-unanimously-to-decertify-union

---------------------------------------------------------

IIRC, Washington, Philly and a few other teams have voted to decertify as well.

The players DO NOT want a work stoppage and this is their only solution.

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2010, 11:29 PM
My understanding is that decertification of the union would allow them to sue the owners. Speculation is that such a suit would result in an injunction by a judge which would prevent a lockout and allow the teams to play under the rules of the current CBA.

But I think there's still uncertainty about the impact of it all.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2010, 11:33 PM
My understanding is that decertification of the union would allow them to sue the owners. Speculation is that such a suit would result in an injunction by a judge which would prevent a lockout and allow the teams to play under the rules of the current CBA.

The last time the union decertified was 1989. They played without a CBA until 1993.

By decertifying, the league would lose its Anti-Trust exemption, allowing the players to sue the owners if a lockout were to occur.

I tend to believe that the union will decertify, allowing the NFL to continue playing and that it will take at least until 2012 (if not later) to come to a new CBA.

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2010, 11:36 PM
If it buys them time by delaying a lockout...then I'm all for it.

Unfortunately it's not usually more time that helps a deal like this get done...it's usually pressure.

BossChief
09-20-2010, 11:40 PM
They better figure something out.

I used to love baseball before 1994...almost as much as football.

I was a Dodgers/Mariners fan before I was a Chiefs fan.

I haven't so much as watched a game or bought as a hat since...

Rausch
09-20-2010, 11:40 PM

And it's fucking stupid and an NFLPA bit of lunacy.

Do it fuckers.

STRIKE.

Give me 9 months to think about $3it other than football.

Remind us how much time we lose between FFL's, this BB, all day on sunday, and the money spent to go to at least one game a year.

Time we could be spending with kids, Phobia's wife, or elderly relatives.

You do that, you just go away and complain about who should get more money and why by the millions.

It will end well for you all, I'm sure...

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2010, 11:45 PM
If it buys them time by delaying a lockout...then I'm all for it.

Unfortunately it's not usually more time that helps a deal like this get done...it's usually pressure.

Well, they can't lockout the players if there's no Player's Union. And since they'd lose their Anti-Trust exemption, the players could file a class action lawsuit against the NFL and sue them for billions.

I don't think that's what either side wants, so most likely, the players decertify and the owners don't lockout the players.

There are way too many issues to be resolved in order for a new CBA to happen before March. Both sides haven't even been able to come close on terms, so I think it'll be like this for a while. Which quite honestly, is fine by me.