PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This 49ers game may be ugly !

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2010, 07:42 AM
And it Did ! For them!

We Kicked their ass !

Ralphy Boy
09-21-2010, 07:46 AM
I know there's other 49er threads but I want to make a statement.

After watching the Saints/49ers game I have a bad feeling. The 49ers have a lot of talent. I mean a LOT ! They have lost because of bad breaks and a few misscues. They're linebackers are dominant. And Alex Smith is 5 times the QB Cassel is. They dominated the Saints.

I thought the same thing. Smith finally looked like the real deal last night.

ChiefEd
09-21-2010, 07:50 AM
They have lost because of bad breaks and a few misscues.

Were you watching Week 1?!? Hulloh???

No need to worry. We'll be fine...

loochy
09-21-2010, 07:55 AM
And Alex Smith is 5 times the QB Cassel is.

So is Rivers. So is Seneca Wallace for that matter LMAO. So is almost every QB the Chiefs will face this year. We won both games. How does this make a difference?

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2010, 07:59 AM
So is Rivers. So is Seneca Wallace for that matter LMAO. So is almost every QB the Chiefs will face this year. We won both games. How does this make a difference?

If Smith plays like he played last night it won't bode well for us. Just sayin. The 9ers are gonna watch game film on us and realize ALL they have to focus on is stopping our run game and it's game over.

wutamess
09-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Especially when we run T.Jones instead of Charles...
The bum of a QB can't do shit.

It's looking all bad.
Look on the bright side of things...

We lose at home to 49ers (because of QB play)
Then Indy (because of QB play)
Then Houston (because of QB play)...

We may have a new QB behind center going into Jax and the rest of the season if he stays healthy past a hit.

It's not all bad if you look at it that way.

InChiefsHeaven
09-21-2010, 08:00 AM
The ace in the hole for the Chiefs is the defense, and the 12th man. Alex Smith looked good, but that was in comfy home turf. Once he gets some Arrowhead action, I think he'll fold like a cheap suit.

The problem is going to be our offense versus their very talented and hungry defense. Seriously, I could easily see this being a 6-3 final score.

Gotta get Jamal going early. And Cassel simply must show up and play 4 quarters at least as good as the 2nd half of the Browns game...which was nothing to get a boner over but it was at least efficient and productive...except the whole no TD part...

...yeah, this is a scary game.

Stinger
09-21-2010, 08:01 AM
The 9ers are gonna watch game film on us and realize ALL they have to focus on is stopping our run game and it's game over.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

As if that is some huge secret........

SenselessChiefsFan
Wow...do you work for the Star?

SLAG
if smith is a cheap suit..
What does that make cassel..

A clown suit?

thecoffeeguy
09-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Dont think we will be able to run the ball much. The 49ers D just tees off on the run. Their DL and LB are very good. Patrick Willis is the shit.

I dont see us running the ball, which means we have to pass it. I dont feel good about that. :deevee:

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Wow...do you work for the Star?

Well , ,,,,, no . Actually I jack off pigs for a living. What does that tell you about Teicher ?????

Saul Good
09-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Rivers > Smith
Gates = Davis
SD > SF

We are playing in Arrowhead at 10:00 AM SF time. Ask Alex Smith how that worked out for him last time. Hell, ask Steve Young for that matter. We have a lot of advantages in this game. It shouldn't take a career game from anyone. A solid team effort should be enough.

That said, I'm not sure I've ever seen a 2-0 team be a home dog against an 0-2 team.

wutamess
09-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Rivers > Smith
Gates = Davis
SD > SF

We are playing in Arrowhead at 10:00 AM SF time. Ask Alex Smith how that worked out for him last time. Hell, ask Steve Young for that matter. We have a lot of advantages in this game. It shouldn't take a career game from anyone. A solid team effort should be enough.

That said, I'm not sure I've ever seen a 2-0 team be a home dog against an 0-2 team.

River<smith in="" rain="">s < Smith in RAIN
Gates < Davis in RAIN<davis in="" rain=""> (Gates still got off)
SD < SF in RAIN<sf in="" rain=""></sf></davis></smith>

Saul Good
09-21-2010, 08:15 AM
You're giving this team way too much credit. They got destroyed on the road by Seattle, and Seattle sucks. Also, Rivers blindfolded in a hurricane is better than Alex Smith in a dome.

Fritz88
09-21-2010, 08:18 AM
We have won due to weather, Arrowhead crowd, and coaching. Our talent has not revealed itself other than a few returns in week one. If we have any hope of going 3-0 ,Cassel will have to have a career day as well as Charles ,McCluster and Berry. Our coaches had better have a solid game plan and execute it flawlesley.

I am not sure about coaching. We had some seriously bone headed calls in both games. Berry has been giving up some big plays and that's not cool. It's going to be a tough, tough game. And you are right, they may blow us out.

Drink my juice, Singletary.

Ebolapox
09-21-2010, 08:25 AM
I'll say it first here: they're going to fucking house us. blowout. we'll be 2-3 after houston and indy take care of us

Frazod
09-21-2010, 08:28 AM
They looked really good last night, especially on defense, but they'll be missing a lot of factors that contributed to that (crowd, home opener, playing against defending champ and traditional rival).

Still, we will need our to-date SHITTY offense to step up. Time for Cassel to fucking grow a pair.

LaChapelle
09-21-2010, 08:32 AM
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), a division of the National Institutes of Health (NIH),will spend $823,200 of economic stimulus funds 9/26/2010 on a study by a UCLA research team to teach uncircumcised KC Chiefs players how to wash their genitals after having their dicks knocked in the dirt.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-21-2010, 08:36 AM
GO NINERS!

Arrowhead will be tough...look at the Seattle game for us...rockin crowd got in our heads

The key will be to hopefully take you guys out early by scoring early...we need to get on the board fast

If they have the start they had last night...we will be screwed

MOhillbilly
09-21-2010, 08:39 AM
they put the ball on the ground like that at arrowhead and its gonna be close. 2 teams that are inconsistent could be closer than you think.

Mi_chief_fan
09-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Either i'm detecting some sarchasm, or some of you need to go back & look at the 49er-Seahawks game. Offense sucked, and the sorry assed Seahawks receivers easily exploited the 49er's secondary.

I think it will be a tough game, but a blowout? Seriously?

gblowfish
09-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Interesting coaching staff in SF:
Greg Manusky (SF's DC) is a former Chiefs special team whiz and backup linebacker. He played for Marty. And we know all about Jimmy Raye (SF's OC). I like Manusky, but I'd like to stick Jimmy Raye with a great big ole sh*itburger to eat.

I met Mike Singletary back in the 1990s in Chicago. He was a guest speaker at an event I was videotaping (Palmer House Hotel in Downtown Chicago). He was a very intense guy. I still remember that trip because my entire crew got food poisoning and had to work through it, then we flew back to KC at 7am the next morning. Brutal.

DonTellMeShowMe
Either i'm detecting some sarchasm, or some of you need to go back & look at the 49er-Seahawks game. Offense sucked, and the sorry assed Seahawks receivers easily exploited the 49er's secondary.

I think it will be a tough game, but a blowout? Seriously?

Yeah...anyone thinks it will be a blowout is crazy.

It will be a close game. I am hoping that the Seattle game was an anomaly.

milkman
They looked really good last night, especially on defense, but they'll be missing a lot of factors that contributed to that (crowd, home opener, playing against defending champ and traditional rival).

Still, we will need our to-date SHITTY offense to step up. Time for Cassel to ****ing grow a pair.

Hey, I understand what happened now.

Shuan Smith was just trying to secure a pair to give to Cassel.

jAZ
09-21-2010, 08:49 AM
I thought the same thing. Smith finally looked like the real deal last night.

Interesting what happens when a QB develops.

-King-
09-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Interesting what happens when a QB develops.

He has one good game after 5 years and suddenly he's developed? Really?

As good as they looked last night, they looked worse last week. So stop acting like they've finally got it together bad don't know what we're getting with them. The only player we know that will show up on their team is Patrick Willis.
Posted via Mobile Device

PunkinDrublic
09-21-2010, 08:54 AM
I have such low expectations for Cassel at this point that if he just hits open receivers enough times to keep the 49er defense honest I'll be happy. I feel bad for Weiss he really is limited in how he can design his game plan.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-21-2010, 08:56 AM
He has one good game after 5 years and suddenly he's developed? Really?

As good as they looked last night, they looked worse last week. So stop acting like they've finally got it together bad don't know what we're getting with them. The only player we know that will show up on their team is Patrick Willis.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is true...Smith has def had his ups and downs. Im hoping he can be consistently decent-good all season. Just as last night's game was only one game, so was Seattle's. Anything can happen this Sunday.

Willis will definitely be there, and he will be hungry.

MOhillbilly
09-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Interesting coaching staff in SF:
Greg Manusky (SF's DC) is a former Chiefs special team whiz and backup linebacker. He played for Marty. And we know all about Jimmy Raye (SF's OC). I like Manusky, but I'd like to stick Jimmy Raye with a great big ole sh*itburger to eat.

I met Mike Singletary back in the 1990s in Chicago. He was a guest speaker at an event I was videotaping (Palmer House Hotel in Downtown Chicago). He was a very intense guy. I still remember that trip because my entire crew got food poisoning and had to work through it, then we flew back to KC at 7am the next morning. Brutal.

Ive met acouple of those dudes from the 85 bears D either staff or players. They all seem either crazy or intense or abit of both.

RockChalk
09-21-2010, 08:57 AM
And Alex Smith is 5 times the QB Cassel is.

There were some comments yesterday in a different thread about how the 2 QB's (Smith and Cassel) are pretty similar. As I watched last night, there is nothing similar about the 2.

Smith throws a much better ball and actually shows some pocket awareness.

mcaj22
09-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Frank Gore is the first REAL NFL RB we will face, so this is a true test for our defense. the entire 49ers offense whether it be passing, running and the blocking scheme is based around Gore, they try to get him touches almost every other down. Ya know something we should try doing with our very own Charles, but our staff is inept.

I think Gore is going to run our young defense over, and this will be experience pains for them.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-21-2010, 08:59 AM
There were some comments yesterday in a different thread about how the 2 QB's (Smith and Cassel) are pretty similar. As I watched last night, there is nothing similar about the 2.

Smith throws a much better ball and actually shows some pocket awareness.

Smith tends to be pretty inaccurate at times, especially throwing it high (i.e. even the TD pass to gore on the checkdown was pretty high)

-King-
09-21-2010, 09:00 AM

WTF how the fuck do you figure that? I'd take rivers over smith in ANY conditions. Rain sleet snow hurricane. Anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOhillbilly
09-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Frank Gore is the first REAL NFL RB we will face, so this is a true test for our defense. the entire 49ers offense whether it be passing, running and the blocking scheme is based around Gore, they try to get him touches almost every other down. Ya know something we should try doing with our very own Charles, but our staff is inept.

I think Gore is going to run our young defense over, and this will be experience pains for them.

frank gore likes to put the ball on the turf. plays in a weak conference and his play can be soft.

Ceej
09-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Smith is one of the most hot-cold QBs in the league. At least we know Matty C is always cold.

IF we can force turnovers, and have our ST put our offense in good field position then I like our chances.

I still think we'll be able to run the ball fairly well, if not. Welp, we are screwed. Hard.

Consistent1
09-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Given that somehow we are 2-0, I can see anything happening at Arrowhead. The real question is how the Niners respond because they are going to be under tremendous pressure to get a win after getting hyped early as a serious playoff possibility.

MOhillbilly
09-21-2010, 09:08 AM
expect lots of dinks and doinks to put pressure on the SF CB/S .

The Bad Guy
09-21-2010, 09:10 AM
River<SMITH rain="" in="">s < Smith in RAIN
Gates < Davis in RAIN<DAVIS rain="" in=""> (Gates still got off)
SD < SF in RAIN<SF rain="" in=""></SF></DAVIS></SMITH>

That's just hilarious.

Philip Rivers is better in a hurricane than Alex Smith is on an 80degree day.

This "in the rain" nonsense is hilarious. Like the rain didn't affect the Chiefs at all.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2010, 09:11 AM
WTF how the **** do you figure that? I'd take rivers over smith in ANY conditions. Rain sleet snow hurricane. Anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Because some people really think Philip Rivers never played in an inclement weather game in his life and that the Chiefs always play in them.

nychief
09-21-2010, 09:13 AM
JFC, what is with all the hand wringing? 49ers' O is all about Frank Gore, stop him and you have a game. The 49ers are not world beaters, talented...sure... but can we calm down here.... Joe Montana and Jerry Rice are not walking through the door.

Also, can we quit the belly aching about the fucking rain in the SD game? We played in it to...

This 49er game will be a good test for us, we are two flawed teams in the midst of rebuilding...but each improving. It should be a dog fight.

beach tribe
09-21-2010, 09:16 AM
I'll say it first here: they're going to ****ing house us. blowout. we'll be 2-3 after houston and indy take care of us

And you probably would have bet the farm that we would not be 2-0 at this point. This game is a toss up. It'll be close, 50-50 IMO.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 09:17 AM
For the record guys that was far and away Alex Smiths best game ever and I watch the 9ers all the time.

gblowfish
09-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Shaun Smith will be grabbin and gabbin!

DBOSHO
09-21-2010, 09:21 AM
All smith did was dump it off until that last drive. If we can stop that, we will win. i honestly believe that, taking turnovers out of the equation, that we have a better defense than the saints.

beer bacon
09-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Best 0-2 team that got blown out by a bad Seahawks team in the history in the NFL. They looked awesome last night, and they would have won if not for those pesky four turnovers. That defense is awesome despite giving up 28 points per game so far. Smith had 1 TD and 2 INT last night for his best game ever. If he has his second best game ever against us with 1 TD and 3 INT then we are doomed.

Consistent1
09-21-2010, 09:23 AM
One thing some will laugh at, but is true. Cassel will have a couple decent games at some point. This could be the right time at home after shitting the bed twice and still getting wins.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2010, 09:24 AM
They still gotta go to Arrowhead on a short week with Jimmy Raye as their offensive coordinator and I will be shocked if Alex Smith can pull off two games like that. Their D will be tough no matter what with people like Spikes and Willis.

Brock
09-21-2010, 09:25 AM
I think after a tough loss like that, they'll have a tough time winning on the road. Given that they haven't won at Arrowhead since 1982, I'm okay with KC's chances.

beer bacon
09-21-2010, 09:26 AM
One thing some will laugh at, but is true. Cassel will have a couple decent games at some point. This could be the right time at home after shitting the bed twice and still getting wins.

Cassel could have another poor game and we could still win as long as our special teams and defense continue to play well. San Francisco's offense is not going to blow many teams out.

We are playing an 0-2 west coast team in Arrowhead. This team just suffered a heart breaking loss on Monday night, and they now have a very short week to prepare and heal up. They have given up 56 points in two games, and we are actually playing good defense. Their QB just threw 1 TD and 2 picks in what some are calling his best game ever. We can win this game you bunch of girls.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Jimmy Raye developed Grbac....enough said...
Posted via Mobile Device

Priest31kc
09-21-2010, 10:00 AM
With being at home, and our run D playing out of their mind right now, I think we can contain Gore and rattle Smith. Flowers & Carr will lock down their WRs. Gotta stop Vernon. Im not really worried about our defense.

Im worried about our offense obviously. Their run D is stout, we cant just give hand it to Jones up the middle all day like we have been. Its gunna be run run incomplete punt. The main reason Im worried about this team is the handling of our best player sadly. We really need to give Charles the ball this game, like seriously. 20 touches atleast. GIVE HIM THE FUCKING BALL.

Warrior5
09-21-2010, 10:03 AM
They still gotta go to Arrowhead on a short week with Jimmy Raye as their offensive coordinator and I will be shocked if Alex Smith can pull off two games like that. Their D will be tough no matter what with people like Spikes and Willis.

Put out an APB on Gaz... he was Jimmy Raye's DDS when Raye OCd the Chiefs.

I always had a mental image of Gaz sneaking up on Raye in the OC booth, calling stupid plays whilst chewing gum like his life depended on it, then SMACK! Raye's gum flies out and hits the window in front of him as Gaz makes a hasty exit.

It's all good, Planeteers. Sure 3-0 would be sweet going into the bye, but Cassel/Weis have to either crap or get off the pot, and this game is the forcing function.

CaliforniaChief
09-21-2010, 10:19 AM
The 49'ers played well yesterday. But how good are the Saints? I mean, we just take for granted that they're great but they've looked far from it so far. Could it be that the Vikings (0-2) and the 49'ers (0-2) are both really good but not catching breaks? Sure. It's also possible that they have been listening to a lot of the hype about them.

I've watched both 49'er games in their entirety. My take? They make a lot of mistakes. A lot of silly, stupid, careless, mistakes. Mistakes that undermine all that talent they have.

The 49'ers have a very good defense. They also gave up 31 points to Seattle. I saw a mediocre offense move the ball up and down the field against them. Using pump fakes and misdirection, the Seahawks consistently baited SF's corners, safeties, and aggressive LB's into biting on the fake and getting burned on the big play.

Our reputation as a dink and dunk team could help us greatly if we're willing to pull the trigger on some pump and go's, double-moves, misdirections (like using Charles with Jones), etc.

Add the ingredient of crowd noise and the difference in energy level and I think we can get the job done. Not easy, not pretty, but possible.

Just my take.

Oxford
09-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Shuan Smith was just trying to secure a pair to give to Cassel.

Might be the only way Cassel gets a game ball

Dark Horse
09-21-2010, 10:22 AM
if smith is a cheap suit..
What does that make cassel..

A clown suit?

I think of him as more like a fat guy in a Speedo.

SLAG
09-21-2010, 10:27 AM
I think of him as more like a fat guy in a Speedo.

like this guy

http://www.lockergnome.com/dannyminick/files/2010/01/34jan29-fanboy.jpg

Mosbonian
09-21-2010, 10:29 AM

I usually agree with most of what you post...but your logic on this one makes no sense.

Dark Horse
09-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Yeah pretty much like that, it would be funny if it wasn't so disgusting.

Mosbonian
09-21-2010, 10:36 AM
I was laughing last night as the wife and I were watching the NO-SF game. I told her that when I logged on this morning that I would probably see someone with a thread about how we would probably lose to the 49ers based on last nights performance.

Thankfully some of you didn't let me down.

OnTheWarpath15
09-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Unless something dramatic happens in the next few days, don't expect the 12th man to make an impact.

Based on the 10 and 20 seat blocks of tickets that Ticketmaster offered me, I'd guess the upper bowl and club level are going to be about half full.

Looks like the lower bowl is full, however.

Dark Horse
09-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I don't understand all the hand wringing over this game, this team is clearly improved over the last couple years but there is no way we're ready for a playoff run.
I'm going to enjoy watching them face SF another team who is improving but not quite ready for prime time. We really don't have anything to lose.

SLAG
Unless something dramatic happens in the next few days, don't expect the 12th man to make an impact.

Based on the 10 and 20 seat blocks of tickets that Ticketmaster offered me, I'd guess the upper bowl and club level are going to be about half full.

Looks like the lower bowl is full, however.

does that mean i should be able to pick up some tickets on the cheap right before kickoff?

CaliforniaChief
Is the game at risk for being blacked out, then?

OnTheWarpath15
09-21-2010, 10:42 AM
does that mean i should be able to pick up some tickets on the cheap right before kickoff?

Wouldn't shock me.

I'd check out Ace Sports and Tickets in the Oak Park Mall of Quivira on Friday.

Flopnuts and I were there the Saturday before MNF and he was selling for face value - so I'd imagine he'll be cutting prices for this game.

Hell, I was offered a pair on Ticketmaster in the upper level, on the 40, 18 rows back, so you can at least get a good seat for face.

OnTheWarpath15
09-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Is the game at risk for being blacked out, then?

Are you kidding?

Did you see all the 35K crowds last year and games still being shown on local TV?

No way Clark lets a 2-0 team get blacked out.

SLAG
09-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Are you kidding?

Did you see all the 35K crowds last year and games still being shown on local TV?

No way Clark lets a 2-0 team get blacked out.

too bad the chiefs nor kctv will sell me one of those $0.33 on the dollar tickets

Art Vader
09-21-2010, 10:55 AM
fuck analysis. We got this. The niners don't seem like the smartest tools in the shed and are very careless with the ball. The disappointed look on Singletary's face is going to stick like that. A rocking Arrowhead will disrupt communications and Shaun Smith will grab at least 2 sacks. A short week for the 9ers and overconfidence stemming from the Saints game will prove costly. Chiefs will plan for and play extremely hard in this game because it is a "must win" to keep up with the division. With 2 uber-talented teams coming up who will most likely destroy us, we need this one. We win by 1.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I was laughing last night as the wife and I were watching the NO-SF game. I told her that when I logged on this morning that I would probably see someone with a thread about how we would probably lose to the 49ers based on last nights performance.

Thankfully some of you didn't let me down.

You're so very welcome. The fact remains that if San Fran plays like they did last night and the Chiefs play like they did against the Browns OR the Chargers we're gonna get beat bad.

Ebolapox
09-21-2010, 03:05 PM
This is true...Smith has def had his ups and downs. Im hoping he can be consistently decent-good all season. Just as last night's game was only one game, so was Seattle's. Anything can happen this Sunday.

Willis will definitely be there, and he will be hungry.

he can go get a full-rack of ribs at oklahoma joe's. that may help with the hunger.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-21-2010, 03:18 PM
he can go get a full-rack of ribs at oklahoma joe's. that may help with the hunger.

:LOL:

Brianfo
09-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Here's a thought. What if this team actually shows up to play and puts it all together on offenese, defense, and special teams. Chiefs win by 10.

O.city
09-21-2010, 03:20 PM
If Cassel plays the entire game like the 2nd half sunday and charles and mccluster get touches it could be UNBELIEVABLE...but who knows

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Here's a thought. What if this team actually shows up to play and puts it all together on offenese, defense, and special teams. Chiefs win by 10.

Well, seeing how Cassel has sucked for the last year plus two games I'm not holding my breath. It would be wonderful if Haley just pulled the plug and put Croyle in and he played the rest of the year and put up Dan Marino type numbers. :drool:

LiL stumppy
09-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Chiefs will lose this week.. As Alex Smith is turning into a decent QB. BUT we will play hard again.

soopamanluva
09-21-2010, 05:03 PM
chiefs aren't winning for the next month.

MadMax
09-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Sorry bro, I see the same :( Mark Castle will get corn holed... Bet on it :) pick6,pick6 and pick6.................

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2010, 06:32 PM
chiefs aren't winning for the next month.

You suck !

And are probably right.

RedNFeisty
09-21-2010, 06:49 PM
The 49'ers are going to come out hungry, thirsting for a victory, that will be there biggest threat.

Brock
09-21-2010, 07:06 PM
The 49'ers are going to come out hungry, thirsting for a victory, that will be there biggest threat.

Hungry AND thirsty? We're fucked. Hopefully they're not horny too.

Chieftain58
09-21-2010, 09:45 PM
I know there's other 49er threads but I want to make a statement.

After watching the Saints/49ers game I have a bad feeling. The 49ers have a lot of talent. I mean a LOT ! They have lost because of bad breaks and a few misscues. They're linebackers are dominant. And Alex Smith is 5 times the QB Cassel is. They dominated the Saints.

We have won due to weather, Arrowhead crowd, and coaching. Our talent has not revealed itself other than a few returns in week one. If we have any hope of going 3-0 ,Cassel will have to have a career day as well as Charles ,McCluster and Berry. Our coaches had better have a solid game plan and execute it flawlesley.

Our 12th man had better make the San Diego game look like we were playing in a library. If San Francisco goes up, you people at the game better not give up.

The homer in me wants a win so bad , but I can see Cassel getting booed of the field in a game where the 9ers are due for a blow out.

Someone tell me different . Please !!!!

I was getting ready to cut Alex Smith until the second quarter on...that guy makes Cassel look like Ryan Leaf

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-22-2010, 05:43 AM
I was getting ready to cut Alex Smith until the second quarter on...that guy makes Cassel look like Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf had a better arm than Cassel as well as better pocket presence.

Mosbonian
09-22-2010, 06:21 AM
You're so very welcome. The fact remains that if San Fran plays like they did last night and the Chiefs play like they did against the Browns OR the Chargers we're gonna get beat bad.

A whole lot of "ifs".....

We could turn that around and say:

"If "the 49ers revert to the team that played the Seattle Seahawks, if KC's Defense uses the crowd as a 12th man and makes Alex Smith's day as miserable as Steve Young's when he brought the 49ers to Arrowhead, and if Weis uses Jones/Charles at the right mix that befuddles the run defense tent his game could be a blowout.

I think trying to make the assessment on either team is folly this early in the season. One game does not a team make.

Mosbonian
09-22-2010, 06:24 AM
Sorry bro, I see the same :( Mark Castle will get corn holed... Bet on it :) pick6,pick6 and pick6.................

Yeah...if we pick some stranger named Mark Castle to start we probably will see a pick 6...

Mosbonian
09-22-2010, 06:26 AM

Or....they could come into Arrowhead deflated after losing on a Monday Night at home when they had the perfect opportunity to win.

Rausch
09-22-2010, 06:26 AM
I don't doubt for a minute the game will be ugly. Despite not playing well two weeks in a row the 49'ers defense is much better than ours.

Now, on the other hand we have the 12'th man and clearly play much better defense at home. I'd call it a push on D.

On offense I'd give them a slight edge only due to the talent at WR/TE. I'm not that impressed by their line and their QB is as much suck as ours. Both teams have playmaking HB's.

I think there are a ton of punts, turnovers, and FG's.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us stay in our shell for another week and be super conservative on offense, run the ball, and lean on the defense.

InChiefsHeaven
09-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Yeah...if we pick some stranger named Mark Castle to start we probably will see a pick 6...

6k posts and you still post like a noob...;)

Mosbonian
09-22-2010, 06:53 AM
6k posts and you still post like a noob...;)

Yeah right....I'm the noob?

Have your blinders on? I've been around most of these posters since the Star board...I recognize someone's attempt at humor...

I was having the same type of fun he was.

InChiefsHeaven
09-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Yeah right....I'm the noob?

Have your blinders on? I've been around most of these posters since the Star board...I recognize someone's attempt at humor...

I was having the same type of fun he was.

Ah, the double deception. Well, I was having the same type of fun that you were having the same type of fun as him, so there.

o:-)

Direckshun
09-22-2010, 07:12 AM
Well , ,,,,, no . Actually I jack off pigs for a living. What does that tell you about Teicher ?????

I laughed.

Direckshun
09-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Have any of you folks ever watched Alex Smith?

Christ, he had a terrible game with a pair of brilliant drives. That's par for the course with Alex Smith.

Direckshun
09-22-2010, 07:20 AM
You know what a good cure for an athletic defense is? A more athletic offense.

What's to stop us from lining up Jones and Charles in the backfield at the same time?

______________________________Charles___________Jones

_________ McCluster_____________________Cassel
Bowe____________________Richardson_Lilja_Wiegmann_Waters_Albert____________________Chambers

Mosbonian
09-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Just thought I would bring this back to the top to remind people who said we would lost to SF.

crazychiefsfan
09-26-2010, 01:58 PM
ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Told you we'd win !

Bane
09-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Told you we'd win !
HELL YEAH!

Now just waiting for all the fuck stick trolls/haters to roll in and try to write it off as luck.:shake:

InChiefsHeaven
09-27-2010, 06:10 AM
The ace in the hole for the Chiefs is the defense, and the 12th man. Alex Smith looked good, but that was in comfy home turf. Once he gets some Arrowhead action, I think he'll fold like a cheap suit.

The problem is going to be our offense versus their very talented and hungry defense. Seriously, I could easily see this being a 6-3 final score.

Gotta get Jamal going early. And Cassel simply must show up and play 4 quarters at least as good as the 2nd half of the Browns game...which was nothing to get a boner over but it was at least efficient and productive...except the whole no TD part...

...yeah, this is a scary game.

Well, I never predict a loss for us, but I'm so fuckin' glad that my pessimistic doom and gloom take was wrong.:D

DonTellMeShowMe
09-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Well.....I can't seem to start a new thread so I'll post this here:

I just back from KC, and have some thoughts I want to share/discuss with you guys:

1. Chiefs defense is as good as advertised. They had constant pressure on Smith, he was rolling out all day. The five sacks don't lie. They didn't appear to be double teaming VD like they did with Gates, but I am unsure.

The biggest point I have is this:

2. Smith: a lot of his passes seem high, even the check downs are thrown too high. I would often see this from Cassel in the game. Not sure if that's due to the pressure, but it's more likely a property of his inaccuracy.

-but here's the thing: when Smith wasn't throwing east and west, there seemed to be nobody open. I think this is because the Chiefs could read what we wanted to do based on our personnel.

-Everytime Smith would drop back, I would look downfield, and nobody was hardly ever open! It was ridiculous to watch; I would look at Smith, and then look downfield, and then look at Smith and think '**** he's screwed'. When he rolled out nobody seemed to come back to him or try to get open. Also, when there were WRs downfield, they seemed well covered with safeties over the top. The WRs - Im was pretty disappointed, none really seemed to get open or try...

3. Run - died and died early. We all know this story....you guys stopped the run, we got screwed.

4. The last drive: r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s. Not sure what the heck happened, but the whole crowd was booing when we got the TD, and rightfully so.

5. Where was the defense? Willis seemed to be dropping back into the coverage quite a bit; LaBoy was close to blowing Cassel up once or twice. Pretty disappointing as I was rocking a Willis jersey. I would say all in all, Willis played a decent game (prob avg for him)

6. Arrowhead is an incredible place, and definitely a tough place to play I imagine with that 12th man. The crowd never gets out of the game, and knows when to yell (esp on 3rd downs).

-I have been to quite a few college games, and this was by far as loud if not louder. They also stand much of the game (which we did the whole game in college at games), which I def never see at Candlestick, or any pro games for the matter.

-Perhaps I will try to post some of my pics if people are interested

-Let me hear your thoughts

DonTellMeShowMe
09-28-2010, 12:23 PM
one good thing came out of this game for the 49ers

Jimmy Raye finally got f*****g fired!

Sing is next

Bane
09-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Well.....I can't seem to start a new thread so I'll post this here:

-Let me hear your thoughts

All I know is I had to listen to all of the goddamn trolls/haters talk shit about how we was gonna get smashed and your D was gonna kill us.....Well I guess it sucks to be a stupid fuggn ignorant troll/fake fan fugger.

A W is a W.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-28-2010, 12:29 PM
All I know is I had to listen to all of the goddamn trolls/haters talk shit about how we was gonna get smashed and your D was gonna kill us.....Well I guess it sucks to be a stupid fuggn ignorant troll/fake fan fugger.

A W is a W.

yeah....I was never a troll here so yeah, and if you looked at my posts I didnt talk shit

Frazod
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
one good thing came out of this game for the 49ers

Jimmy Raye finally got f*****g fired!

Sing is next

Bad month for fans of California teams to visit Kansas City. :$2500: I at least hope the rest of your visit was pleasant.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-28-2010, 12:37 PM
yes...the fans were legit as expected

good bbq: had gates and AB's

Boulevard Tour
Power and Light District

got to do a lot of stuff

DonTellMeShowMe
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
btw: in my thread asking about stuff to see at Arrowhead how did NO ONE mention that you can get a tour thurs-sun (on certain hours) for $10?!?! My bro and I were pretty upset we didnt know about this, and weren't able to do it...

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2010, 12:39 PM
yeah....I was never a troll here so yeah, and if you looked at my posts I didnt talk shitHey, I thought you were a quality poster. Hang around...:thumb:

Bane
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM
yeah....I was never a troll here so yeah, and if you looked at my posts I didnt talk shit

I meant our trolls.We have a select group of trolls that hate on anything positive KC does and they love to hate on us "homers" when the team is playing well.

I didn't so much have a problem with your back and forth before the game,honestly,I find that stuff somewhat entertaining.I actually hate it for you as a fan because deep down I respect the 49ers as a organization.It's something every team goes through I guess.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Hey, I thought you were a quality poster. Hang around...:thumb:

thanks man....I plan on it as I will be rooting for the Chiefs this season...I would love nothing more (except to see the niners do it)than to see the Chiefs win the AFCW and go to the playoffs

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2461/3943867110_9ef023b497_z.jpg

AdamAndrew
09-28-2010, 12:46 PM
I think we whipped the 49ers to get back at Joe Montana for loving them so much.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-28-2010, 12:47 PM
I meant our trolls.We have a select group of trolls that hate on anything positive KC does and they love to hate on us "homers" when the team is playing well.

I didn't so much have a problem with your back and forth before the game,honestly,I find that stuff somewhat entertaining.I actually hate it for you as a fan because deep down I respect the 49ers as a organization.It's something every team goes through I guess.

yeah, there were some trolls here saying you guys getting blown out...I really did not see that happening. I was hoping/expecting a close game, except we got blown out lol

It's the nature of the message board I guess...you guys are 3-0 and there is still some complaining. Enjoy it while it lasts...you are 1 of 3 teams undefeated

As for us 49er fans..."PLAYOFFS?!?! I just want to win a game!"

chiefs1okie
09-28-2010, 12:48 PM
yes...the fans were legit as expected

good bbq: had gates and AB's

Boulevard Tour
Power and Light District

got to do a lot of stuff

I am glad you had a good time. How was your gameday experience overall? Get any heckling from the home crowd? Any good stories or experiences from tailgating? Arrowhead can be a very loud and very exciting gameday experience, and while I am sure it impressed you with the crowd noise and enthusiasm, it was still not rockin like it's reputation says it can.

Frazod
09-28-2010, 12:50 PM
I think we whipped the 49ers to get back at Joe Montana for loving them so much.

They haven't won at Arrowhead since the early 80s. When they've visited, they have almost always been favored to win, and in those games we've generally crushed them like an empty beer can. IIRC the closest one was the 24-17 Montana/Young game, and Young probably still has nightmares about it. At least I hope he does. I hate Young. :grr:

InChiefsHeaven
09-28-2010, 12:54 PM
They haven't won at Arrowhead since the early 80s. When they've visited, they have almost always been favored to win, and in those games we've generally crushed them like an empty beer can. IIRC the closest one was the 24-17 Montana/Young game, and Young probably still has nightmares about it. At least I hope he does. I hate Young. :grr:

I was there for the 42-0 ass kicking we gave them in 06. The 49er fans that were in the parking lot were cool as hell and a lot of fun. I'm sure they were hating life after the game, but before hand they were really cool.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I am glad you had a good time. How was your gameday experience overall? Get any heckling from the home crowd? Any good stories or experiences from tailgating? Arrowhead can be a very loud and very exciting gameday experience, and while I am sure it impressed you with the crowd noise and enthusiasm, it was still not rockin like it's reputation says it can.

this is what I heard, but still better than some of the NFL games I have been to for sure.

Some experiences:

-I witnessed the gold club thing you guys always talk about: pretty much empty...are those people in the boxes or what?

-Tailgating was awesome. Pretty much walked around with my bro, stopping by and talking to a lot of people. Some might remember my brother: he had on facepaint, and a big headress. Lots of people wanted to take photos with him

-The hall of honor (?) is a really cool addition. Nicely done, and cool to see

-We got right by the tunnel when the game started. It was freakin awesome seeing the players come out the tunnel. I can post some pics if people are interested

-We sat on the home side. Despite the pain of us getting our asses kicked, it was nice for once to see the Chiefs team and coaching staff get excited throughout the game. They were fired up

-People started giving me some razz when we were starting to get blown out. I said "hey hey...let's not get cocky with it lol"....but I totally understand. You ask for it with wearing 49ers stuff on the home side

all in fans were awesome and very cool