PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFL Total access discusses KC's 2-0 record.

Fritz88
09-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Contender-or-pretender

Watch (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81ab3d40/Contender-or-pretender)

They start talking about KC halfway through.

Ming the Merciless
09-21-2010, 12:46 PM
inb4 pretender

Kerberos
09-21-2010, 12:46 PM
They are what we KNOW they are.

keg in kc
09-21-2010, 12:50 PM
I'd like to think even the most blind homer realizes this team isn't a contender, but I'm probably expecting too much.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2010, 01:01 PM
The Chiefs aren't a great 2-0 team. No question about it.

However, they also aren't this scrapheap like some proclaim.

luv
09-21-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't see how anyone could see us as a contender. I love that we're winning, but we're far from contenders.

talastan
09-21-2010, 01:03 PM
I found nothing wrong with Faulk or Sapp's analysis. The offense isn't getting anything done and the defense can only carry the team for so long. Heck we had arguably the best defense in the 90's and still haven't won a playoff game since 1993. :shake: We need this offense to start scoring TDs now otherwise regardless of easy schedule we'll be looking less and less strong at defense and any fans that have bought into the changes with this team will lose faith.

bishop_74
09-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Who cares. We are an improvement over last year. We are already at 50% of what we were last year in terms of wins and losses. 6-8 wins and a new QB next year. Not much more to expect than that.

Sofa King
09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
We're contenders.

Red Brooklyn
09-21-2010, 01:15 PM
We're looking so much better. There's a lot to be excited about. There's also a long way to go. I don't want to spoil it with "contender" talk. I just want to enjoy the progess.

Bewbies
09-21-2010, 01:24 PM
This place is depressing. In 06 we're 4-3 and then finish out 0-9, follow that great year with 2-14, followed by another 4-12.

Now we're 2-0 and people are pissed because we're not a super bowl team? Give me a break, we're clearly moving in the right direction, save for our worst in the league QB.

Enjoy it, we haven't had much to celebrate since Grandpa Dick was here.

Skyy God
09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
This place is depressing. In 06 we're 4-3 and then finish out 0-9, follow that great year with 2-14, followed by another 4-12.

Now we're 2-0 and people are pissed because we're not a super bowl team? Give me a break, we're clearly moving in the right direction, save for our worst in the league QB.

Exactly. 6-35 in your last 41 is a giant hole to overcome.

RealSNR
09-21-2010, 02:27 PM
"Video is no longer available"

And that shows up after making me watch their shitty advertisement.

I'm sending anthrax to NFL Network.

Thig Lyfe
09-21-2010, 02:30 PM
We're a Vick away from being contenders.

Chiefnj2
09-21-2010, 02:31 PM
As of 2 games into the season:

improved - special teams, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, TE, RB, DL, LB, CB
same/slightly regressing: WR, QB and S*.

* = 2 rookies, you have to expect problems, but it should get much better soon.

Saulbadguy

I'm anything but pissed, i'm extremely pleased by the progress this team has made. However, we aren't contenders - but we will be, IMO.

Hug it Out Dan

we made the playoffs in 06, with Huard. That was Herm's first season.

DV coached 01-05
HE coached 06-08
TH coaching 09-present

Huffman83
09-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't they they've earned the respect to be considered a contender. They still have a lot to prove. They're doing okay now. But they have to stomp a hole in some good teams in order to be considered a contender in any way.

If they win against the Colts and Houston...people will start giving them the respect.

InChiefsHeaven
09-21-2010, 02:38 PM
In order to be a contender, one must first be competitive. We haven't been competitive for 3 seasons, so we are on our way.

Not there yet, but at least we are competitive. The last few years of futility have made me a patient man, I'm willing to just watch and enjoy the few wins as they come.

Bewbies
09-21-2010, 02:43 PM

DV coached 01-05
HE coached 06-08
TH coaching 09-present

So I was a year off, blow me Mr. Finkle.

eazyb81
09-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Not a real contender, but it will be very nice to see us win 6-8 games, continue developing the young talent, and build towards a potential playoff run next year.

We're not great, but we may finally be respectable. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Goldmember
09-21-2010, 03:03 PM
I wish the Chiefs were still a crappy team starting off 0-2 so they could have sneaked up on everyone.

chiefforlife
09-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Id say that was a pretty good assessment. When we beat some teams like Indy or Houston, we can really start to think about contending.
Id be surprised if we beat SanFran right now.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-21-2010, 04:20 PM
This is a 2-0 team that is young and on the rise. Not a contender yet, but they haven't come close to peaking.

MadMax
09-21-2010, 04:38 PM
When they get a "real" QB they could be a contender...

Reerun_KC
09-21-2010, 04:40 PM

DV coached 01-05
HE coached 06-08
TH coaching 09-present

Just for reminding us of this abortion of a human. I am going to neg rep your ass every day for the next 3 years....

:cuss:

MadMax
09-21-2010, 04:46 PM
The Chiefs aren't a great 2-0 team. No question about it.

However, they also aren't this scrapheap like some proclaim.

Again, with a decent QB and another decent draft they could be for real.. I like the winning cause we haven't had much of that for too long. I think this year is an illusion, but hey I'd rather be 2-0 than 0-2 any day. I do see progress ( I think )....However we will get absolutely destroyed by superior teams.

Quesadilla Joe
09-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Chiefs are contenders baby!!! Chiefs and Bucs in the SUPER BOWL!!!!

Thig Lyfe
09-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Chiefs are contenders baby!!! Chiefs and Bucs in the SUPER BOWL!!!!

Shut your motherfucking mouth, motherfucker.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Just for reminding us of this abortion of a human. I am going to neg rep your ass every day for the next 3 years....

:cuss:HERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERM
HERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERM
HERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERM
HERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERM
HERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERMHERM HERM HERM HERM HERM

:evil:

Hug it Out Dan
09-21-2010, 06:00 PM
So I was a year off, blow me Mr. Finkle.

get your shit right so you don't look like a moron.

HemiEd
09-21-2010, 06:02 PM

DV coached 01-05
HE coached 06-08
TH coaching 09-present

Herm backed into the playoffs at 9 and 7 with Dick's team, and couldn't have been less interested. The 10 and 6 team of Dick's in 2005 did not make it.

Herm did nothing but destroy this team, but he did draft Brandon Flowers.

milkman
09-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Enjoy it, we haven't had much to celebrate since Hank was here.

Fixed.

milkman
09-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Herm backed into the playoffs at 9 and 7 with Dick's team, and couldn't have been less interested. The 10 and 6 team of Dick's in 2005 did not make it.

Glen Dorsey, Brandon Carr, and Branden Albert.

But I actually give the credit in that draft to Bill Kuharich.

KCrockaholic
09-21-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't they they've earned the respect to be considered a contender. They still have a lot to prove. They're doing okay now. But they have to stomp a hole in some good teams in order to be considered a contender in any way.

If they win against the Colts and Houston...people will start giving them the respect.

And? I think if we can just beat one of them it will be amazing.

I hope nobody gets there hopes up to win this weekend. There's a very real chance that we go 2-3. But after that we should be smooth sailing for a while. Still, this is an 8-8 team. But 8-8 is proving that we are headed in the right direction.

KCrockaholic
09-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Glen Dorsey, Brandon Carr, and Branden Albert.

But I actually give the credit in that draft to Bill Kuharich.

How did you leave out Jamaal Charles?

petegz28
09-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Our offense needs to match the improvment we have seen on defense.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-21-2010, 07:08 PM
How did you leave out Jamaal Charles?

Because he's a backup and they get off the field when told to ;)

DeezNutz
09-21-2010, 07:14 PM
As of 2 games into the season:

improved - special teams, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, TE, RB, DL, LB, CB
same/slightly regressing: WR, QB and S*.

* = 2 rookies, you have to expect problems, but it should get much better soon.

The fucking RB is not improved. The depth might be, but coaching has caused us to regress.

DeezNutz
09-21-2010, 07:17 PM

That's not true, Ed.

Herm wasn't a drafting genious, but he did acquire a number of talented and productive players. Furthermore, he went young, which is exactly what this franchise needed to do. In other words, no matter how much we like to protest, he laid the foundation for future success.

In short, Chiefs fans should thank the **** out of Herm. No bullshit. Now, Herm wasn't a skilled enough coach to finish the job, but I'm thankful that he started it.

(waving motion to the crowd for neg. rep. bring this shit, bitches)

Fumblerooski
09-21-2010, 07:37 PM
get your shit right so you don't look like a moron.

What's a moron?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2010, 07:46 PM
When they get a "real" QB they could be a contender...

What did you notice about the teams that are "skirting the edge" of contender/pretender?

That's Right.

milkman
09-21-2010, 08:08 PM
That's not true, Ed.

Herm wasn't a drafting genious, but he did acquire a number of talented and productive players. Furthermore, he went young, which is exactly what this franchise needed to do. In other words, no matter how much we like to protest, he laid the foundation for future success.

In short, Chiefs fans should thank the **** out of Herm. No bullshit. Now, Herm wasn't a skilled enough coach to finish the job, but I'm thankful that he started it.

(waving motion to the crowd for neg. rep. bring this shit, bitches)

Like I said, I give credit for the draft to BillKuharich.

I give credit to Herman fucking Edwards for getting Clark Hunt to buy into the plan, and for getting the rookies and young players onto the field.

I agree that we do need to thank Herman fucking Edwards for finally making the right decision to build through the draft.

cabletech94
09-21-2010, 08:30 PM
We're a Vick away from being contenders.

i think you mean a thigpen away.

:thumb:

aturnis
09-21-2010, 09:25 PM
The thing that bothers me about Cassel being the weak link is, where are his open receivers? Some have made reference that they aren't getting separation. Moeaki gets open consistently, I think the problem might be in the receivers running poor routes. I know Moeaki is facing a lot of LBers and nickelbacks, but still. The opposing defense is stacking the box consistently, don't they know how to sit down in the coverage and find a pocket or what is the problem?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2010, 09:44 PM
The thing that bothers me about Cassel being the weak link is, where are his open receivers? Some have made reference that they aren't getting separation. Moeaki gets open consistently, I think the problem might be in the receivers running poor routes. I know Moeaki is facing a lot of LBers and nickelbacks, but still. The opposing defense is stacking the box consistently, don't they know how to sit down in the coverage and find a pocket or what is the problem?

If they were running shitty routes, Haley would be up their asses like Preparation-H at an old folks home.

DeezNutz
09-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Like I said, I give credit for the draft to BillKuharich.

I give credit to Herman ****ing Edwards for getting Clark Hunt to buy into the plan, and for getting the rookies and young players onto the field.

I agree that we do need to thank Herman ****ing Edwards for finally making the right decision to build through the draft.

I can agree with all of this. To your first point, Herm still has to get some credit for allowing a guy like BK to do his job.

FloridaMan88
09-21-2010, 11:26 PM
The biggest factor for the Chiefs potential for sustained success is the schedule.

Playing the NFC West, Buffalo, Denver/Oakland times two presents opportunities.

Bewbies
09-22-2010, 01:16 AM
Fixed.

That predates me by about a decade. :huh:

InChiefsHeaven
09-22-2010, 05:45 AM

I was thinking about this yesterday. As I see it, those guys can and do get open, but they are not wide the fuck open. And the opportunity to hit them is fleeting, and I just don't think that Cassel has it in him to make those reads that fast. Look at the amount of time he's had, especially last week. Honestly, 5 seconds in the pocket is more than enough time, and he had that on multiple occasions. He got better in the second half. Hopefully he'll build on that and at least be a consistently serviceable QB. But if he's depending on all his supporting cast to play like pro-bowlers in order for him to basically function consistently, then he's quite obviously not worth the big paycheck.

Rausch
09-22-2010, 06:21 AM
I was thinking about this yesterday. As I see it, those guys can and do get open, but they are not wide the **** open. And the opportunity to hit them is fleeting, and I just don't think that Cassel has it in him to make those reads that fast. Look at the amount of time he's had, especially last week. Honestly, 5 seconds in the pocket is more than enough time, and he had that on multiple occasions. He got better in the second half. Hopefully he'll build on that and at least be a consistently serviceable QB. But if he's depending on all his supporting cast to play like pro-bowlers in order for him to basically function consistently, then he's quite obviously not worth the big paycheck.

He's just not accurate. Guys are constantly stretching out, slowing down, or overthrown.

A super accurate noodle arm (Gannon, Late Montana, etc.) can still complete passes and move the ball 5-10 yards at a time. If you can't put the ball in a spot where the WR can catch it any other intangible you have is irrelevant...

InChiefsHeaven
09-22-2010, 06:44 AM
He's just not accurate. Guys are constantly stretching out, slowing down, or overthrown.

A super accurate noodle arm (Gannon, Late Montana, etc.) can still complete passes and move the ball 5-10 yards at a time. If you can't put the ball in a spot where the WR can catch it any other intangible you have is irrelevant...

That, and how many balls did he have batted down at the line of scrimmage? A lot, for a guy who is 6'4". He ain't exactly Doug Flutie in stature...

Hydrae
09-22-2010, 06:57 AM
The most important thing to accomplish this year, and we are doing well so far, is to learn how to win games. There were several games we were in last year but did not know how to finish and get the win.

teedubya
09-22-2010, 07:02 AM
This 2-0 thing is really putting a damper on our draft position. :-P

luv
12-31-2010, 02:15 PM
So, I wonder if either of these guys would change their vote?

And thinking about it, even though we are in the playoffs, are we really contenders? I mean, we got lucky and played the NFC West this year, who ended up sucking.

Farzin
12-31-2010, 02:19 PM
So, I wonder if either of these guys would change their vote?

And thinking about it, even though we are in the playoffs, are we really contenders? I mean, we got lucky and played the NFC West this year, who ended up sucking.

You can only play who is on your schedule. Every year, there will be at least one team that makes it simply because of an easy schedule. KC was expected to start 0-5, but went 3-2. They earned it and are contenders.