PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Question about 810am....

Nero's Neptune
09-23-2010, 01:37 PM
why do they play the SAME sound bites OVER and OVER and OVER again for weeks/months on end?

Seriously.... for how many weeks/months do we have to listen to Todd Haley say "I have a tremendous amout of respect for Charlie....." or to John Clayton say "Improvement..... slowly but surely....."

jesus guys.... change it up every week or so, eh? Those tapes are well over a month old now. I don't even listen everyday and still I'm soooo tired of hearing those I turn the channel or turn off the volume.

CaliforniaChief
09-23-2010, 01:39 PM
:facepalm:

Mecca
09-23-2010, 01:39 PM
I dunno, why do they do segments about grilling on a sports station? Or think anyone cares about their golf games?

That station grows more and more out of touch by the day.

blaise
09-23-2010, 01:41 PM
"Well, Kevin, I grilled it on a cedar plank and used just a little of this Smoke N Fire chipotle season.

Kevin (noisily gobbling food) "Oh yeah, I like that. Now, did you flavor the butter, because that's great."

Smoke N Fire Guy: "Yes, we did."

Kevin: (loud, disingenuous laughter) "I KNEW it! IIII knew it! HOO HOO!"

Bugeater
09-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I bet they do those stupid segments on fantasy football too. JFC, if you don't know who to start on your team, don't fucking play it.

tomahawk kid
09-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Y'know what's AWESOME about 810?

Not listening to it.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Because Charles isn't getting enough carries. Duh.

Dayze
09-23-2010, 01:47 PM
could be worse; they could be doing a Royals segment every day at 4:20 with Frank White like 610 does. Seriously...Royals segment since July?

oh, and of course that segment is brought to you by the Time Warner Digital Phone hotline; I k now this because Nick states as such 10 times during the 10 minute segment.

Mecca
09-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Do you remember when the Royals were on 810? It was far worse than anything 610 does since they've had them.

CHENZ A!
09-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Rather listen to 810 than those rahtards on 610. Only time I ever switch the station is when they do nascar crap.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
09-23-2010, 01:57 PM
"Well, Kevin, I grilled it on a cedar plank and used just a little of this Smoke N Fire chipotle season.

Kevin (noisily gobbling food) "Oh yeah, I like that. Now, did you flavor the butter, because that's great."

:LOL: That is spot on!

pkane
09-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Y'know what's AWESOME about 810?

Not listening to it.

Same thing could be said about 610.

In all reality both stations are becoming really hard to listen to any more.

Coogs
09-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Rather listen to 810 than those rahtards on 610. Only time I ever switch the station is when they do nascar crap.
Posted via Mobile Device

nascar Saturday mornings. Hate that crap, and usually I am in my car at that time. Hate the golf. Hate the Grill dude. Hate the Stump the Chump bit. And it seems like there is some doctor bit as well that sux.

Mojo Jojo
09-23-2010, 02:03 PM
810 has had big money problems since Jerry Greene died. Many front office people and show producers have been let go. 1510 has very few employees...still paying on debt from buying a FM station when they overpaid for the Royals rights. Now they are paying to be a Chiefs broadcast partner, but don't get to broadcast the games. Petro is always at a remote just to get the station some revenue.
KK has driven this radio group into the ground. Many have described this as a frat; not a radio business.

tomahawk kid
Same thing could be said about 610.

In all reality both stations are becoming really hard to listen to any more.

yep.

I stopped about 4 years ago. Best decision I ever made.

Also - if you ever see these guys in public or meet them in person, it will totally change your perception.

You're listening to the nerd that got his a$$ kicked on the playground in most (not all) cases.

lcarus
Well...you should listen to sports radio in Tulsa. All they talk about is Sooners. It sucks. I hate the frickin Sooners, and OSU for that matter.

Mecca
09-23-2010, 02:16 PM
That FM station they bought use to be cool....now it's a religious station, good luck with that.

tooge
09-23-2010, 02:24 PM
i agree. If you haven't ever been in a locker room as a player, then you don't understand the lockeroom. Most of these guys played little league non competitive baseball and maybe, maybe a little beer league softball. I find the shows mildly entertaining if only for the comedic value of hearing Nick Wright or Danny Cllinksdale try to talk about a safety's coverage skills or a running backs ability to cut to the back side. They really only regurgitate what they hear. Remember, if they dont say something to pique your interest in listening, then they go away. Thus statements like "are the chiefs about to lose Jamal Charles? I'll tell you when we come back." Total BS.

KCbroncoHATER
09-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Back in the old days it was fun to see how much KK would blow things out of porportion to get fans to listen.

Mojo Jojo
09-23-2010, 02:26 PM
That FM station they bought use to be cool....now it's a religious station, good luck with that.

It's making more money now than when Union Broadcasting owned it.

Mecca
09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
It's making more money now than when Union Broadcasting owned it.

Well they made a giant mistake and tried to take on 98.9 after buying it. I personally liked the station because having 2 stations that played that type of music was great for me...but taking on 98.9 in this market is a losing proposition every single time.

Saul Good
09-23-2010, 02:45 PM
I really like Petro. At least he puts a lot of thought and research into his takes.

leviw
09-23-2010, 03:06 PM
i agree. If you haven't ever been in a locker room as a player, then you don't understand the lockeroom. Most of these guys played little league non competitive baseball and maybe, maybe a little beer league softball. I find the shows mildly entertaining if only for the comedic value of hearing Nick Wright or Danny Cllinksdale try to talk about a safety's coverage skills or a running backs ability to cut to the back side. They really only regurgitate what they hear. Remember, if they dont say something to pique your interest in listening, then they go away. Thus statements like "are the chiefs about to lose Jamal Charles? I'll tell you when we come back." Total BS.

Right, because if you haven't played sports there's no way you can possibly understand sports. And, it's soooo interesting to hear former players who have been in the locker room -- like Jaycie Pearson -- break down the Tampa 2 for 30 minutes.

It's entertainment. Not a coaching seminar.

sedated
09-23-2010, 03:51 PM
I like the guests on both stations. Dennis Dodd, Bill Maas, Buster Olney, Mitch Holtus, etc. And Petro's noon segment when he has a couple minutes with sports-radio guys from across the country.

That's what sports-talk should be IMO, expertise. Not ignorant old windbags whining about this or that - that's what I come to the Planet for.

Al Bundy
09-23-2010, 06:16 PM
I like Petro's show the best out of all the local sports talk shows. I hate golf and I like eating BBQ, not hearing about it.

|Zach|
09-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Because you assholes eat that stuff up?

Reerun_KC
09-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Well...you should listen to sports radio in Tulsa. All they talk about is Sooners. It sucks. I hate the frickin Sooners, and OSU for that matter.

You talking the sports animal?

OMG what a freaking joke of a radio show... They make 810 and 610 look like Fox sports and CNNSI in comparison...

I am thankful that I have satelite radio and iPhone apps....

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Maybe you should try listening to the radio at 810 pm instead

WilliamTheIrish
09-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Because you assholes eat that stuff up?

Yes, they do. And for as long as I've heard that 810 is in "serious financial trouble", they keep rolling along. Crushing the competition and causing all the tards to start "We must boycott KK/810 for the way they treat ________ University".

It's like the CP draft day phenomenon.

KCbroncoHATER
09-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Give KK a break, losing Carl and LJ took away 99% of his material.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2010, 09:06 PM
could be worse; they could be doing a Royals segment every day at 4:20 with Frank White like 610 does. Seriously...Royals segment since July?

oh, and of course that segment is brought to you by the Time Warner Digital Phone hotline; I k now this because Nick states as such 10 times during the 10 minute segment.

Did you just mention Royals Baseba-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Give KK a break, losing Carl and LJ took away 99% of his material.

On this we agree.

keg in kc
09-23-2010, 09:07 PM
The funniest thing of all was today when I turned on the 610 stream at about 4:45 and heard an ad for the premiere of Gray's Anatomy. I was like "what the fuck is this shit?"

Priest31kc
09-23-2010, 09:26 PM
I used to listen 810 allllll the time. Now I just listen to the podcasts every week. When they have guests on the show, they're fine. Love listening to Harlan, Grunny, Pinkel, etc....Do you all really think The Border Patrol is that bad? I love St.John, and while Petro can be a complete fool sometimes, he knows most of his stuff.

patteeu
09-23-2010, 09:33 PM

Sports topics aren't rocket science. I think there's plenty of BS on those shows, but I don't see any reason why you have to have played the games at a high level to be informed about them.

blaise
09-23-2010, 09:38 PM
I used to listen 810 allllll the time. Now I just listen to the podcasts every week. When they have guests on the show, they're fine. Love listening to Harlan, Grunny, Pinkel, etc....Do you all really think The Border Patrol is that bad? I love St.John, and while Petro can be a complete fool sometimes, he knows most of his stuff.

If the Border Patrol would get rid of Jake and stop playing the music underneath it, it would be a lot better. Their biggest plus is that 610 keeps rolling disasters like Twibell and Fescoe out there. Audio of grass growing would have been better than Twibell.

Stanley Nickels
09-23-2010, 09:42 PM
How about, why do Gatorade, Under Armour, etc. have ads that depict these grown-ass athletes, ready to go to battle in front of tens of thousands of fans as though it were war-- when, in reality, their target market goes to the gym once every other week, or is someone's wife looking for a Christmas present? Or people who walk with a swagger in their step because their team just won a game? Or people who think they know more about a particular sport than others because the team they root for is traditionally a powerhouse?

Professional sports are a funny thing. But, in the end, they're the most vicariously-lived activity known to man (video games notwithstanding).

Mr. Kotter
09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Jamal needs more carries, and Cassel (to this point) sucks??? :shrug:

Just sayin.... :hmmm:

opraider
09-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Same ole crap on 810,year after year(what restaurant are we eating at now), and don't forget about triva,and those clowns from 6-9am sound like they are putting on the show from their parents basement like Waynes world! 610 sucks too! Why can't this town have a national sports talk show on am(not Rome, let me keep repeating myself) from 6am untill 10pm?

KCbroncoHATER
09-24-2010, 07:50 AM
I use to like to listen to Grunhard, you could always count on him to say something stupid and get in trouble. Bitching out the cops for pulling him over giving him a drunk test in "his neighborhood" and playin' the "Do you know who I am" card. That worked out pretty good for him.

How about the time he admitted lying about where he lived to avoid jury duty.

It was great radio.

Dayze
09-24-2010, 08:19 AM
I can't wait to get a new phone; I'm completely clueless on all the new wizz-bang phones and features, but as soon as I saw you could get an app for ESPN radio, etc...I'm in.

bye bye local KC radio.

Bambi
09-24-2010, 08:35 AM

Plus add in the fact that Kevin "doesn't eat fish"..

and Danny doesn't eat many things because he thinks they're "icky"...

They are like little kids at the table who refuse to eat certain things. In my house you get smacked in the face for that shit.

blaise
09-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Plus add in the fact that Kevin "doesn't eat fish"..

and Danny doesn't eat many things because he thinks they're "icky"...

They are like little kids at the table who refuse to eat certain things. In my house you get smacked in the face for that shit.

There isn't much worse on radio than when the hosts sit there eating food that was comped to them and telling you how great it is. Great, I get to hear some slob slobbering on food while I sit at work or in my car. And when you add in that catatonic Smoke N Fire guy and Danny's whining, it makes for truly terrible radio.

Reerun_KC
09-24-2010, 08:48 AM
There isn't much worse on radio than when the hosts sit there eating food that was comped to them and telling you how great it is. Great, I get to hear some slob slobbering on food while I sit at work or in my car. And when you add in that catatonic Smoke N Fire guy and Danny's whining, it makes for truly terrible radio.

Maybe you need to check out http://www.thesportsanimal.com/ in the afternoons... You want to hear whining... Holy shit, this station is beyond sucking the penis...

gblowfish
09-24-2010, 08:50 AM
"This is Dick Hawk from the Gaslight Grill. Danny? How's that wife of yours, Danny? Love to see her at Happy Hour with Jim Zimmer and the Jazz Band. We have prime rib, seafood and....hey Danny, does your wife still wear those real tight outfits? Bring her to happy hour Danny...tell her Dick and the guy in the band say hello... "

blah blah blah....

Bambi
09-24-2010, 08:53 AM
"This is Dick Hawk from the Gaslight Grill. Danny? How's that wife of yours, Danny? Love to see her at Happy Hour with Jim Zimmer and the Jazz Band. We have prime rib, seafood and....hey Danny, does your wife still wear those real tight outfits? Bring her to happy hour Danny...tell her Dick and the guy in the band say hello... "

blah blah blah....

lol. the gaslight grill. That and Jazz. Do people out in KC actually go to these places?

|Zach|
09-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Morning Edition in the morning and Fresh Air \ All Things Considered in the afternoon.

KCUnited
09-24-2010, 08:58 AM
lol. the gaslight grill. That and Jazz. Do people out in KC actually go to these places?
Jazz is the bomb, Chicken A La Mer and a Bermuda Triangle FTW !1

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 10:33 AM

blah blah blah....

Yep. Totally useless.

black angus
09-24-2010, 11:32 AM
is KC sports radio great? Nope,but it's ten times better than the sports animal. Al Ashback's voice just grates on my ears, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Seeeeya.

|Zach|
09-24-2010, 11:34 AM
is KC sports radio great? Nope,but it's ten times better than the sports animal. Al Ashback's voice just grates on my ears, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Seeeeya.

Is there sports radio that exists that can be described as "great"

patteeu
09-24-2010, 11:54 AM
There are things about KC sports radio that I don't like, but personally I think we're lucky to have so much local sports talk. The last thing I want to listen to all day long is a national broadcast that (a) still spends a lot of time on baseball and (b) focuses on the Jets/Giants/Patriots/Redskins/Eagles/Cowboys and almost never mentions the Chiefs.

We've got two mostly local sports stations here so when one of them is talking barbeque or racing or steroids in baseball, there's a decent chance that the other one is at least discussing a topic I have an interest in.

gblowfish
09-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Cookie Diet....Racin' Boys....Ryan Weibe....Zepee's Pizza....Smoke n Fire...Dr Troy Burns...Adam Bold....A-1 Mortgage...BAAAAAAZOOOKA's SHOWGIRLS!!!!!!

Lather, Rinse, Repeat...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Cookie Diet....Racin' Boys....Ryan Weibe....Zepee's Pizza....Smoke n Fire...Dr Troy Burns...Adam Bold....A-1 Mortgage...BAAAAAAZOOOKA's SHOWGIRLS!!!!!!

Lather, Rinse, Repeat...

ROFL
Wow. You really nailed it.

KCUnited
09-24-2010, 12:18 PM

Lather, Rinse, Repeat...
Don't forget marbles mouth Gary Joslin.

blaise
09-24-2010, 12:20 PM

Lather, Rinse, Repeat...

That's crazy. It's much more exciting that. They talk senior PGA golf, too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 12:23 PM
That's crazy. It's much more exciting that. They talk senior PGA golf, too.

LMAO

gblowfish
09-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Forgot to add in the endless KK ass kissing by Leabo and Danny during the "picks segment" on Friday.

You know if KK wasn't a part owner in the station, his ass would have been grass there four or five years ago.

This is why you should never let anybody in the station ownership group be on air talent.