PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How do you attack the 49'rs if you are calling the plays?

petegz28
09-23-2010, 08:25 PM
I think the dink and dunk is not going to work this game. I forget the guy's name but the bad-ass LB SF has is going to be all over Moeki like stink on shit in an alley.

The WR's are going to have to show up and Cassel is going to have to hit them. The problem is I don't think our O-line can contain the pass rush this game. This is arguably the best defense we have faced so far this year.

The sideways crap isn't going to work. 3 step drops are going to have to be on time and crisp cause Cassel is not going to have time to be Cassel in the pocket on Sunday. We are going to have to attack with the ground game running behind Waters and Albert. I would stay away from one of the best LB's in football.

I think this could be a huge game for Charles against an overagressive defense. If we can get him past the first guy I think there will be a lot of holes for him to pick away. Jones and the up the gut game is probably not the choice for this game, BUT if that works, then pound it. If we can run it up the gut against these guys would should really be able to do whatever we want.

Again though, I think Bowe, Chambers and McCluster are going to have to be the ones to win this on offense on Sunday. The PA Pass should be there early as teams know rushing is our strength and the 9'rs are very aggressive in the pass rush.

I hate to say it but I think on Sunday you have to call Cassel's # a lot

Pablo
09-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I sit Charles until the 2nd quarter for good measure. Then give then healthy doses of Jones and Castille in the 3rd and 4th.

Mecca
09-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Patrick Willis...

With the QB we have, there is no way to attack them other than to run a lot and hope Charles finds a seam.

CHENZ A!
09-23-2010, 08:28 PM
RRRP

Fritz88
Patrick Willis is a beast and he's going to have a good day this Sunday. He likes good looking white boys who shave a lot.

petegz28
Patrick Willis...

With the QB we have, there is no way to attack them other than to run a lot and hope Charles finds a seam.

That's what makes me nervous. I don't think we can afford to be one dimensional for 60 minutes this game.

OnTheWarpath15
09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
I sit Charles until the 2nd quarter for good measure. Then give then healthy doses of Jones and Castille in the 3rd and 4th.

LMAO

Mecca
Their secondary isn't very good, but we really have no way to attack that. I think this game is going to be very frustrating unless the 49ers shoot themselves in the foot yet again and hand the game to the Chiefs.

Direckshun
I think your best option is to put as much sheer speed on the field as possible.

SF will key on Charles. So you set him over to one side, and McCluster the other. Put your tight ends out on the edges (Moeaki and O'Connell), and put your WRs in close to the OL (Bowe and Chambers).

Do whatever you can to break the SF defense from crunching down on the box by giving them different looks. Not gadget plays. Different looks.

And it's Patrick Willis. Know your elite football players or get ready to meet the AIDS tree.

DeezNutz
09-23-2010, 08:30 PM
I think your best option is to put as much sheer speed on the field as possible.

SF will key on Charles. So you set him over to one side, and McCluster the other. Put your tight ends out on the edges (Moeaki and O'Connell), and put your WRs in close to the OL (Bowe and Chambers).

Do whatever you can to break the SF defense from crunching down on the box by giving them different looks. Not gadget plays. Different looks.

And it's Patrick Willis. Know your elite football players or get ready to meet the AIDS tree.

With SF focused on our bench, we might have a decent chance.

Buehler445
09-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Charles.

Screen passes.

PA and hope....
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
09-23-2010, 08:31 PM
With SF focused on our bench, we might have a decent chance.

ROFL

petegz28
09-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Their secondary isn't very good, but we really have no way to attack that. I think this game is going to be very frustrating unless the 49ers shoot themselves in the foot yet again and hand the game to the Chiefs.

I don't care if we have to go to the jump ball, as long as it is with Bowe or Moeaki. I don't have faith in Chambers when it comes to those kinds of passes. And Cassel is going to have to hit the out routes. Short passes over the middle are not going to win us this game. He is going to have to work the edges and sidelines to spread that defense.

Then again, I am hoping for a lot of run blitzing from SF, I think Charles can chew that up if he gets the initial block set.

BossChief
09-23-2010, 08:34 PM
I force the ball to Moeaki early on and make them dedicate a better defender on him (likely willis) and then open up the running game and then playaction.

petegz28

I agree. The only way to beat speed is either punch them in the mouth, which we don't have the line to do, or play even faster. I think we have the speed on offense, but will we use it?

SenselessChiefsFan
I don't think the Chiefs have to score a ton of points this week. I could be wrong, but the defense is playing well. They are at home, and the 9ers have a young offensive line. I think that this could be the defenses best game thus far.

Also, the 9ers coverage units look horrible on special teams. I look for the Chiefs to get consistently good returns and I expect the 9ers to have poor field position most of the game.

So, with that said, I think the Chiefs will play a conservative game plan. I don't think the Chiefs can get Charles loose on the outside on a consistent basis. I would look for some misdirection early to get the 9ers to stay home a little. I would look for a few more screens this week. I would personally work DMC and JC in the backfield at the same time and run reverses and fake reverses. I would also consider a flea flicker.

I think the match up with the WR's versus their secondary can be exploited, and I do expect more shots down field this game. But, by and large, I expect the Chiefs to stick to playing field position and a conservative, safe approach to offense.

craneref
09-23-2010, 08:35 PM
I would open with three wides and Charles in the Backfield then run a no huddle. Lots of screens and draws. Take a shot or two deep to keep them honest and possibly a big play or penalty then work the soft spots in the middle. Of course if it was this easy I sure as hell wouldn't be sitting at home offering up my advice on the "Planet!" :D

Deberg_1990
09-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Id probably attack through the air, more than run. But ill go ahead and guess Cassel throws 2 Ints at least.

petegz28
09-23-2010, 08:36 PM
I force the ball to Moeaki early on and make them dedicate a better defender on him (likely willis) and then open up the running game and then playaction.

If Willis is covering Moeaki early I am running him on some 20-30 yard outs and having Chambers or Bowe come underneath. We could use Moeaki to take Willis out of the play really. And if Willis goes zone and leaves a Safety on Moeaki then I would get the ball to him.

petegz28
09-23-2010, 08:43 PM
FTR,

Sharpe and Theisman have both picked the Chiefs. Billick went with SF.

Pioli Zombie
09-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Charles needs to carry the ball 58 times.

petegz28
09-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Id probably attack through the air, more than run. But ill go ahead and guess Cassel throws 2 Ints at least.

I agree. SF has held teams to an average 2.7 on the ground. They have not allowed more than 80 yards rushing in either game. Having said that, running the ball is not the strong suit of the Saints.

Seattle looked like shit against Denver and they raped SF. We have to hope SF plays like crap on the road because I think if they play like they did Monday night, we are in trouble.

beer bacon
09-23-2010, 08:57 PM
It is time to unveil the triple option that will take us to the 'ship: McCluster at QB, Jones at FB, and Charles at HB. Unstoppable.

beer bacon
09-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I agree. SF has held teams to an average 2.7 on the ground. They have not allowed more than 80 yards rushing in either game. Having said that, running the ball is not the strong suit of the Saints.

Seattle looked like shit against Denver and they raped SF. We have to hope SF plays like crap on the road because I think if they play like they did Monday night, we are in trouble.

If SF turns the ball over four times like they did Monday night we will win.

Pioli Zombie
09-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Bishop Eddie Long sucks cock

Mr. Laz
09-23-2010, 09:00 PM
it's going to be difficult because of their linebackers ... gotta try and use the aggressiveness of the LB's against them with mucho misdirection.

Seriously, we have to gameplan full of showing one thing and doing another to force the LB's to hesitate before attacking.

clear out the LB's with Moeaki and run crossing patterns underneath
DMC/Charles in the backfield ... fake screen to one, throw screen to the other
a couple reverses might be in order

Marcellus
09-23-2010, 09:04 PM
If Willis is covering Moeaki early I am running him on some 20-30 yard outs and having Chambers or Bowe come underneath. We could use Moeaki to take Willis out of the play really. And if Willis goes zone and leaves a Safety on Moeaki then I would get the ball to him.

This is how Bowe caught balls for 1,000 yrds when TG was here.

keg in kc
09-23-2010, 09:06 PM
They'll do the same thing they did the first two weeks: come out trying to throw it deep. Then after a couple of series rife with QB pressure and incompletions, they'll switch from 3-and-out passing to 3-and-out rushing.

The Bad Guy
09-23-2010, 09:10 PM
I'd attack them with screens, draws, and a shit load of playaction because those safeties suck and the linebackers are insanely aggressive.

Cassel has to really start selling the PA fake. His fakes are so fucking terrible.

petegz28
09-23-2010, 09:11 PM
it's going to be difficult because of their linebackers ... gotta try and use the aggressiveness of the LB's against them with mucho misdirection.

Seriously, we have to gameplan full of showing one thing and doing another to force the LB's to hesitate before attacking.

clear out the LB's with Moeaki and run crossing patterns underneath
DMC/Charles in the backfield ... fake screen to one, throw screen to the other
a couple reverses might be in order

I'm not a fan of the reverse but one thing I liked that Saunders did a few times every game was have a receiver fake a reverse. It froze the defense. But Cassel has to get rid of the ball, he can't sit around on that or he will be toast.

petegz28
09-23-2010, 09:12 PM
I'd attack them with screens, draws, and a shit load of playaction because those safeties suck and the linebackers are insanely aggressive.

Cassel has to really start selling the PA fake. His fakes are so ****ing terrible.

You know, I said that to my wife during the game. He needs to watch some film on Green and Deberg on how to do a PA fake. Stick that fucking ball in the RB's stomach. Sell that shit. Deberg was the master at doing that.

petegz28
09-23-2010, 09:15 PM
They'll do the same thing they did the first two weeks: come out trying to throw it deep. Then after a couple of series rife with QB pressure and incompletions, they'll switch from 3-and-out passing to 3-and-out rushing.

The bootleg should be open if their LB's are really being agressive.

KCBOSS1
09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
You beat SF by paying our center a bonus if he can get his grip on Willis' balls. That guy's got to be taken out and our guy doesn't seem to mind levelizing the playing field with a death grip on scrotum.

Iowanian
09-23-2010, 10:19 PM
If they are blitzing the middle like they did NO, I hit them with screens and draws and PA passes.

It's going to be difficult to run on their front 7 but you have to do it enough. We have to run and they're better at stopping it....Their secondary is vulnerable, its just too bad we don't have much to expose them with.

I don't expect much out of the running game numbers but see bigger numbers in the passing game.

Defensively, I key on Gore and Davis, and assume the corners can handle the wrs.

Wallcrawler
09-24-2010, 12:15 AM
With an aggressive defense like they have, I would be running some counters and cutbacks in the running game. Something to get them attacking and overpursuing and we break some gains going the other way.

I would also employ some screen passes. I dont know why we havent seen too many from the Chiefs, the O-Line is capable and getting Charles or McCluster out in space with blockers out front is a scary concept for ANY defense.

Lastly, Id pass more on first and second downs. If they constantly go Run on first and second down Cassel is going down hard and hes going to throw some ducks that are just begging to get picked off. The Chiefs cannot be predictable on offense. If that 49er defense knows its a pass, I dont think any good can come from it.

The more the Chiefs can keep them guessing and off balance, the better chance they have to win.

Bowser
09-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Attack the seams with Chambers and Moeaki, send Bowe on the deep slant and corner routes,and hit the short stuff to Charles and McCluster. Take advantage of their aggressiveness on defense. Screens and draws. Maybe this week we'll see a flea flicker or halfback pass, and I practically guarantee we will see a reverse or two (ABSOLUTELY guarantee we will see that fake reverse crap that nobody ever falls for).

KcMizzou
09-24-2010, 12:35 AM
(ABSOLUTELY guarantee we will see that fake reverse crap that nobody ever falls for).Let's not fake it this time.

-King-
09-24-2010, 12:49 AM
First, we fake right...then we fake left. Then we fake faking right and actually fake faking left. Then we fake right again only to then fake left...

KcMizzou
09-24-2010, 12:52 AM
First, we fake right...then we fake left. Then we fake faking right and actually fake faking left. Then we fake right again only to then fake left...Brilliant!

keg in kc
09-24-2010, 12:56 AM
The question should really be "how do you make matt cassel accurate against the 49ers if you're calling the plays?" Because that's what will ultimately make the most difference. It doesn't matter what plays are called if he's air mailing or gopher-balling or just-a-bit-outside-ing his throws. That would I think make the most difference for the offense, more than Charles or McCluster touching the ball more, more than misdirecting the niners defense. And maybe the way you do that is the same way you'd do it with a college QB, by setting up screens and "easy" passing plays, rather than having him throw his shoulder out trying to get it 20 yards downfield to Bowe. Get him in rhythm, move the chains, then start going outside.

Buck
09-24-2010, 12:57 AM
49'rs is the same amount of characters as 49ers.
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze
09-24-2010, 01:08 AM
If Patrick Willis is all over Moeaki that means he's not ass-raping Cassel in the backfield. That's a trade off I can live with.

kysirsoze
09-24-2010, 01:10 AM
If Patrick Willis is all over Moeaki that means he's not ass-raping Cassel in the backfield. That's a trade off I can live with.

Although, with Cassel's decision time, he can probably do both. Cover Moeaki, wait for Matt's first pump-fake, then go in for the kill and get there at about pump number 5.

Ming the Merciless
09-24-2010, 03:12 AM
inb4 matriculate the ball down the field

Saccopoo
09-24-2010, 03:52 AM
How I attack them is that I tell those Friscoites that there is a big hairy set of man nuts on the other end of the rope and get them all rushing to pull them in. Then run Jamaal Charles around the other side when they are occupied.

http://www.gala-amsterdam.nl/typo3temp/pics/705ce73227.jpg

Talk about your offensive lines...

petegz28
09-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Attack the seams with Chambers and Moeaki, send Bowe on the deep slant and corner routes,and hit the short stuff to Charles and McCluster. Take advantage of their aggressiveness on defense. Screens and draws. Maybe this week we'll see a flea flicker or halfback pass, and I practically guarantee we will see a reverse or two (ABSOLUTELY guarantee we will see that fake reverse crap that nobody ever falls for).

The fake reverse does work. It sets up for later if we wish and puts it in the mind if the defense.

Alphaman
09-24-2010, 06:29 AM
On Monday Night the announcers said that SF runs a cover 4 defense which leaves a lot of space between the LBers and the DBs. They said screens are very effective against that defense because the DBs are so far back. The also said that SF is very aggressive in their pursuit.

With those things in mind I'd game plan multiple types of screens. I'd run that fake reverse, but then actually give the ball to McCluster on that reverse a couple of times. I'd run draws to Charles. I'd run crossing routes to Bowe, Chambers, Moeaki and McCluster. If they can get a step or two on LBers they can get YAC.

Iowanian
09-24-2010, 06:30 AM
I say the best plan is to send hookers with dysentery to the 9er team hotel.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Pump fakes. Lots of pump fakes. Thats our only chance !

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:41 AM

People look at the passing attack of the Saints and think that's all they do.

But they were number 6 in rushing in the NFL last year.

They were/are so prolific because of their balance.

petegz28
09-24-2010, 07:42 AM
People look at the passing attack of the Saints and think that's all they do.

But they were number 6 in rushing in the NFL last year.

They were/are so prolific because of their balance.

Yes but they are not a run-first offense, imo.

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:43 AM
You beat SF by paying our center a bonus if he can get his grip on Willis' balls. That guy's got to be taken out and our guy doesn't seem to mind levelizing the playing field with a death grip on scrotum.

Levelizing?

LMAO

Chiefsplanet, murderizing the English language daily.

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Yes but they are not a run-first offense, imo.

The Saints will do what they feel they need to in order to win.

Thier halftime adjustment against Minniesota was to put the ball in the hands of their RBs.

They dominated the LOS and imposed their will on the Vikings in the second half.

Reerun_KC
09-24-2010, 07:47 AM
I would put the ball in Cassels hands. Let him win the game for us...

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:51 AM
The funny thing is that the draws that the Chiefs seem to love to overuse with Charles will likely be very effctive against the 9ers.

Counters and draws.

Extra Point
09-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Off-Tackle runs, swing passes to Charles, since Moaki will be tied up blocking. Inside slants to he who has the nuts to go across the middle. Charles will definitely be a factor.

The only real problems are stopping Gore's running game, and filling up the big hole for their dinks and dunks when their receivers take the DBs down field. Gore's legs are a bigger problem than Cassel's arm.

Molitoth
09-24-2010, 08:35 AM
I would open with three wides and Charles in the Backfield then run a no huddle. Lots of screens and draws. Take a shot or two deep to keep them honest and possibly a big play or penalty then work the soft spots in the middle. Of course if it was this easy I sure as hell wouldn't be sitting at home offering up my advice on the "Planet!" :D

You win! But most likely we are going to see;

Jones up the middle for 3 yards.
Charles comes in the game and everyone knows he's getting the ball. -1 yard
Pass incomplete over Moeaki's head and nearly intercepted.
Punt.

MMXcalibur
09-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Screen passes to the running back,
screen passes to the wideouts,
screen passes at suppertime

When Matt Cassel is your quarterback,
you should run screen passes EVERYTIME!

DJ's left nut
09-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Counter runs.

Misdirection screen passes.

Lots and lots of play action, but be willing to risk the pick. We're going to need some big plays to win and a you won't get that throwing to your fullback off a play-fake.

We have to use their speed and aggression against them.

bevischief
09-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Make sure that the team meal for the 49ers has food poisoning in it.

The Franchise
09-24-2010, 09:29 AM
1. Let Willis thru the line clean and let him knock Cassel out of the game.
2. Put Croyle in at QB.
3. ??????
4. Profit!

Rain Man
09-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Counter runs.

Misdirection screen passes.

Lots and lots of play action, but be willing to risk the pick. We're going to need some big plays to win and a you won't get that throwing to your fullback off a play-fake.

We have to use their speed and aggression against them.

This is the way to go.

It does make one realize that good ILBs help against both the run and the pass.

The other thing you hear with fast ILBs is to simply run straight at them and put a bigger helmet on them. If Willis can outmuscle a guard in a one-on-one, then he deserves to make the tackle. But I think Lilja and Waters match up well on him.