PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A Chiefs Bar in Los Angeles or Orange County, CA

Booyaa58
09-23-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm looking to watch Chiefs games with fellow fans in Orange County or LA County, can anyone out here recommend a sports bar in So Cal? :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2010, 10:03 PM
There's no such thing as a Chiefs bar in Socal, at least not that I've found in nearly 18 years of living here.

If you go to a sports bar, you'll probably be in luck this weekend since the 49ers are playing but then again, it's probably on local TV this weekend.

philfree
09-23-2010, 10:05 PM
There's no such thing.

If you go to a sports bar, you'll probably be in luck this weekend since the 49ers are playing but then again, it's probably on local TV this weekend.

Nuke it and rebuild....that's your only chance.

PhilFree:arrow:

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Nuke it and rebuild....that's your only chance.

I've had the ticket since 2003 and I can't tell you how happy it makes me.

I had to sit in the corner and watch the Chiefs on crappy 19" TV's that were 30 or more feet away from my seat for a DECADE.

And I shit you not, if there happened to be any other Chiefs fans in attendance at those sports bars, they were of the toothless retard variety. And no, I'm not kidding.

I'd pay $500 a year for the NFL package if necessary.

philfree
09-23-2010, 10:14 PM

I had to sit in the corner and watch the Chiefs on crappy 19" TV's that were 30 or more feet away from my seat for a DECADE.

And I shit you not, if there happened to be any other Chiefs fans in attendance at those sports bars, they were of the toothless retard variety. And no, I'm not kidding.

There is nothing I could ever take away from that. Ouch!

LOL there's alot of tootheless fans around here too. And I live in MO..!

Phobia
09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
There's a Chiefs bar in Springfield.

philfree
09-23-2010, 10:19 PM
There's a Chiefs bar in Springfield.

That's like saying there's a Chiefs bar in KC....

Well........almost.

chiefscafan
09-23-2010, 11:08 PM
There was one but it changed owners it was Venice beach not sure where one is now.

88TG88
09-23-2010, 11:12 PM

PARTY AT DANES HOUSE !!!

88TG88
09-23-2010, 11:12 PM
There was one but it changed owners it was Venice beach not sure where one is now.

I think you mean the whaler on washington. Its cool, but not many Chief fans.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2010, 11:13 PM
PARTY AT DANES HOUSE !!!

One of these days, for sure.

My 2 year old daughter is already into watching football with me.

During the Monday night game, she repeatedly chanted "Go Chiefs!" and put her hand in the air.

I think it's genetic.

CHENZ A!
09-23-2010, 11:14 PM
It seems like you guys should unite. and get some deals from a cool bar in the process. consider yourselves and your business "free agents" and pick out a dope spot to make the CA home of the CHIEFS.

Also make sure they have good tacos.

chiefscafan
09-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Hey at one point the whaler was packed with chief fans. We should start to go to shellback in manhattan beach. That at one point was a chief bar or sharks cove in MB.

HoneyBadger
09-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Let me know if you find one, somewhere.

kysirsoze
09-24-2010, 01:05 AM
It seems like you guys should unite. and get some deals from a cool bar in the process. consider yourselves and your business "free agents" and pick out a dope spot to make the CA home of the CHIEFS.

Also make sure they have good tacos.

I can say that if this happens, myself and a few other Chiefs fan friends of mine will add to the mob.

Booyaa58
09-24-2010, 08:27 AM
How about the Yard House in Costa Mesa or Newport Beach?

CHENZ A!
09-24-2010, 08:55 AM
I can say that if this happens, myself and a few other Chiefs fan friends of mine will add to the mob.

I have friends and fam out in LA that I know would show out to watch the games with other Chiefs fans
Posted via Mobile Device

nychief
09-24-2010, 09:02 AM
This depresses me... I am spending more and more time in LA for work and haven't been able to find decent sports bar. All my friends out there have the ticket and just sit around by themselves, drinking coffee and texting one another.

shoot me.

Rain Man
09-24-2010, 10:06 AM
I've been to Orange County a fair bit and haven't seen one with Chiefs fans. There's some little sports bar that I've been to in Newport that's right on the main strip that's fine, but it's got a capacity of about 50 people. There's another one on the Balboa peninsula that's larger and kind of showy (lots of glass so I can see the TVs inside), but I haven't been there.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 10:23 AM
This depresses me... I am spending more and more time in LA for work and haven't been able to find decent sports bar. All my friends out there have the ticket and just sit around by themselves, drinking coffee and texting one another.

shoot me.

Where in Los Angeles?

There's Yankee Doodles and Barney's on 3rd Street Promenade, Dillon's Irish Pub, Big Wang's & Capitol Sports Bar in Hollywood, Yardhouse at L.A. Live, Champs in Burbank and on and on and on.

There are sports bars everywhere. There just aren't "Chiefs" bars.

ModSocks
09-24-2010, 10:23 AM
There's no such thing as a Chiefs bar in Socal, at least not that I've found in nearly 18 years of living here.

That's not true.

We have one in SD.

It's called KC BBQ and its right there on seaport Village near downtown. I use to go there to watch the games before I got DirecTV.

BTW, their BBQ was terrible.

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-24-2010, 10:26 AM
One of these days, for sure.

My 2 year old daughter is already into watching football with me.

During the Monday night game, she repeatedly chanted "Go Chiefs!" and put her hand in the air.

I think it's genetic.

At the beginning of the 2008 season I taught my 2 year old to say "Touchdown Kansas City" after each KC score. By the end of the season, she had forgotten how to say it.

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-24-2010, 10:28 AM
A few of you guys in LA area should just pick a bar and make it a Chiefs bar. That's what we did in Dallas.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 10:32 AM
A few of you guys in LA area should just pick a bar and make it a Chiefs bar. That's what we did in Dallas.

That's impossible because people from KC are outnumbered by at least 10,000 to 1 in Los Angeles (if not a 100,000 to one overall) by guys from NY and Philly.

There used to be a huge sports bar on Sunset called Dublin's and I'm not joking, there would be 200 guys there for Jets/Giants/Philly's game and *maybe* three people, including myself, there to watch the Chiefs. It sucked ass.

The Sunday Ticket OTOH is awesome. It beats the hell out of waking up at 8:30 am to try to get to a sports bar by 9:15 to get a seat.

kaplin42
09-24-2010, 10:45 AM
In the San Fernando Valley there is a few good sports bars.

The Rack
Yankee Doodles
Champs as mentioned

Some people say Hooters, but i found it to be lame. The girls were nice, but everything else blew.

There are some smaller neighborhood bars too, but none of them are Chiefs bars.

I would be down though to pick a bar and meet up there. I have ticket, but it would be a lot more fun to watch the game with actual Chiefs fans rather than just having my GF look at me like im a maniac who forgot his helmet.

The Franchise
09-24-2010, 10:49 AM
That's impossible because people from KC are outnumbered by at least 10,000 to 1 in Los Angeles (if not a 100,000 to one overall) by guys from NY and Philly.

There used to be a huge sports bar on Sunset called Dublin's and I'm not joking, there would be 200 guys there for Jets/Giants/Philly's game and *maybe* three people, including myself, there to watch the Chiefs. It sucked ass.

The Sunday Ticket OTOH is awesome. It beats the hell out of waking up at 8:30 am to try to get to a sports bar by 9:15 to get a seat.

This.

That and it's impossible to head to a sports bar Sunday morning when you have 3 kids at home. It's awesome being able to watch the Chiefs with my girls.

underEJ
09-24-2010, 12:15 PM
I went to Leo's All Star Sports Bar in Montrose (North Glendale) this past week, and while there was only one other Chiefs group of 3, it was a fun place with nice people. The owner is a Dolphin's fan, so a good group of them, and there was a smattering of eagles, bears, and packer fans, but no dominant group, and only one raider fan. It is pretty small, and the tvs aren't huge but there are plenty, decent food, and they actually had gluten-free beer, making them my new heroes.

It was really a good time. Only one asshole, a Bengals fan, and he was cheerfully mocked by all into silence. Has kind of a small town feel, very different from most LA sports bars.

It's on Honolulu west of the main Montrose shops, by a half mile or so.

CaliforniaChief
09-24-2010, 12:19 PM

With all due respect, don't ever say that again. :D

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
If I lived in LA I'd probably just go over to Paul Rudd's house to watch the games.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
I went to Leo's All Star Sports Bar in Montrose (North Glendale) this past week, and while there was only one other Chiefs group of 3, it was a fun place with nice people. The owner is a Dolphin's fan, so a good group of them, and there was a smattering of eagles, bears, and packer fans, but no dominant group, and only one raider fan. It is pretty small, and the tvs aren't huge but there are plenty, decent food, and they actually had gluten-free beer, making them my new heroes.

It was really a good time. Only one asshole, a Bengals fan, and he was cheerfully mocked by all into silence. Has kind of a small town feel, very different from most LA sports bars.

It's on Honolulu west of the main Montrose shops, by a half mile or so.

You'll have to check out Dillon's Irish Pub on the corner of Hollywood & Vine this year. They have $3 dollar beers on tap (like 40 to choose from), way above average food and more than forty 50" HDTV's. Valet's only $5 on Sunday and it's a great environment.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 12:21 PM
If I lived in LA I'd probably just go over to Paul Rudd's house to watch the games.

Paul mainly lives in New York but Rob Riggle is definitely into the Chiefs.

underEJ
09-24-2010, 12:30 PM
You'll have to check out Dillon's Irish Pub on the corner of Hollywood & Vine this year. They have $3 dollar beers on tap (like 40 to choose from), way above average food and more than forty 50" HDTV's. Valet's only $5 on Sunday and it's a great environment.

Oh yea, you mentioned that place before. I'll try it out, too. I haven't done the football in a bar thing regularly for years, but I actually kind of like it for now. I work alot so it's a nice excuse to get out of the office for a while.

bogey
09-24-2010, 04:30 PM

Sometimes, you're a dumbass.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Sometimes, you're a dumbass.

Excuse me?

Where you the toothless guy?

bogey
09-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Excuse me?

Where you the toothless guy?

Maybe you're hanging out at different bars. For the record, I too have the NFL package and it's terrific. However, I have been to numerous sports bars and met numerous Chiefs fans and not one of them were toothless.

CHENZ A!
09-24-2010, 04:39 PM

That place is dope. Good beer prices, and very good food(try the lettuce wraps). Sexy waitresses/bartenders too.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Maybe you're hanging out at different bars.

However, I have been to numerous sports bars and met numerous Chiefs fans and not one of them were toothless.

Good for you.

From 1993 - 2002, when I spent my Sunday's at Dublins, there were more than a few. Typical rubes.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 04:44 PM
That place is dope. Good beer prices, and very good food(try the lettuce wraps). Sexy waitresses/bartenders too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, it's awesome. And it's only 5 minutes from my house, which makes it even more awesome.

bogey
09-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Good for you.

From 1993 - 2002, when I spent my Sunday's at Dublins, there were more than a few. Typical rubes.

It's Friday, I'm tired. General statements like this drive me crazy. Carry on.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 05:07 PM
It's Friday, I'm tired. General statements like this drive me crazy. Carry on.

Where you at Dublin's in the 90's? Where you there to watch every game through the end of the 2002 season?

If not, it appears that YOU are the person making the "general statement".

ModSocks
09-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Did you guys know that texting while driving can lead to death?

bogey
09-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Where you at Dublin's in the 90's? Where you there to watch every game through the end of the 2002 season?

If not, it appears that YOU are the person making the "general statement".

Never been to Dublins. Not sure where I used a general statement. I've lost my interest in this. For the record, just so you don't come off as a toothless hillbilly in the future, it's "were" not "where".

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Never been to Dublins. Not sure where I used a general statement. I've lost my interest in this. For the record, just so you don't come off as a toothless hillbilly in the future, it's "were" not "where".

Go fuck yourself

CHENZ A!
09-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Yep, it's awesome. And it's only 5 minutes from my house, which makes it even more awesome.

Yep, walking distance from my cousin's apt too. Had some delicious food, and got hammered drunk off of a smorgasbord of different beers, patron, and rumpleminze shots.

I know my vote doesn't really count since I'm an "out of towner", but I think you guys should do that place. Call and ask for the manager, and tell them that you guys want to make that the "Chiefs Backers of CA"(or some other more clever name) home location and ask if they'll give you group deals on food, or beer, and reserve one of the bigscreens for you.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Yep, walking distance from my cousin's apt too. Had some delicious food, and got hammered drunk off of a smorgasbord of different beers, patron, and rumpleminze shots.

I know my vote doesn't really count since I'm an "out of towner", but I think you guys should do that place. Call and ask for the manager, and tell them that you guys want to make that the "Chiefs Backers of CA"(or some other more clever name) home location and ask if they'll give you group deals on food, or beer, and reserve one of the bigscreens for you.

I appreciate the notion but Dude, I've got a two year old and my wife is opening another location of her business this year. I'll be lucky if I can watch a Chiefs game uninterrupted, let alone make it to Dillon's on a regular basis (if at all).

Where's your cousin live? I'm off of Franklin & Cahuenga (if you shoot straight north on Vine from Dillon's, turn left on Franklin and right on Cahuenga, I'm in the hills to the right).

TinyEvel
09-24-2010, 11:38 PM
What does it even matter? If Cassel doesn't start getting more carries, I'm tuning out for good.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 11:48 PM
What does it even matter? If Cassel doesn't start getting more carries, I'm tuning out for good.

He'll get 35+ carries this weekend, Dude.

It's all good.

thabear
09-25-2010, 12:00 AM
You can go to Dillon's Irish Pub & Grill the address is 6263 Hollywood Blvd its a really great place

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2010, 12:03 AM
You can go to Dillon's Irish Pub & Grill the address is 6263 Hollywood Blvd its a really great place

This type of insight can only be found on Chiefsplanet.com.

MikeyD
09-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Does anyone know of any chiefs bars in Pittsburgh, PA? Getting ready to move there, know it's a long shot but thought I'd ask

ChiefEd
09-25-2010, 08:40 AM
That's not true.

We have one in SD.

It's called KC BBQ and its right there on seaport Village near downtown. I use to go there to watch the games before I got DirecTV.

BTW, their BBQ was terrible.

What he said...

L.A. Chieffan
09-25-2010, 11:17 AM
We're gonna play hockey at Sue's house until 10
and then we're either going to the Lava Lounge for Sinatra night...
or we'll be at the Derby for Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
We might also check out Swing Night at the El Rey.
And if we're not there we'll be at the Three of Clubs, all right?
Otherwise we'll be at the Dresden Room, so come on out and meet up with us.

Blue Ridge Blvd
09-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Chiefs bar in LA? What's next...a Texans bar in Seattle?

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2010, 12:41 PM
We're gonna play hockey at Sue's house until 10
and then we're either going to the Lava Lounge for Sinatra night...
or we'll be at the Derby for Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
We might also check out Swing Night at the El Rey.
And if we're not there we'll be at the Three of Clubs, all right?
Otherwise we'll be at the Dresden Room, so come on out and meet up with us.

LOVE that movie and LOVE those bars.

I haven't done a "Swinger's" night in several years, so I'm probably overdue. Although I'd rather hit Kitchen 24 than The 101.

And for those of you that visit periodically, The Dresden featuring Marty & Elaine is MUST SEE.

19freedom2010
10-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Check out the Whaler right by the pier in Venice Beach:

10 Washington Blvd
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292-5124
(310) 821-8737