PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ATHAN - If Cassel can't lead them, there is another

Hammock Parties
09-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Kolb to the Chiefs?

http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/09/24/10/If-Cassel-cant-lead-them-there-is-anothe/landing.html?blockID=317524&feedID=5070

By Nicholas Athan
FoxSportsKansasCity.com/WarpaintIllustrated.com
September 24, 2010

To say that Sunday’s Chiefs game is important to quarterback Matt Cassel would be an understatement of titanic proportions. The San Francisco 49ers come into Kansas City possessing one of the better run defenses in the league. But that’s not the big story heading into the weekend. The bigger story is that if Cassel fails to impress and earn the Chiefs' third straight win, Kansas City should flirt with acquiring Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb.

When the Philadelphia Eagles visited the Chiefs in the preseason they came into Arrowhead flashing one of the best offenses in the NFC. At the helm of that offense was Kevin Kolb, the man who patiently waited for his chance behind Donovan McNabb the last three years.

McNabb was shipped to the Washington Redskins in the offseason. That move elevated Kolb to starter and put Michael Vick, the former Leavenworth detainee, as his back-up.

But in the Eagles' opening game this season at home against the Green Bay Packers, Kolb went down with a concussion. Enter Vick, who tried his best to mount a valiant comeback in the teams 27-20 loss.

A week later in Detroit, Vick led the Eagles to a 35-32 win over the Lions. On Monday his head coach, Andy Reid, said that Kolb would return as the teams starter this Sunday when the team traveled to Jacksonville to play the Jaguars.

But a day later, Reid did an about-face and Vick got the nod over the man who patiently waited his chance to guide the Eagles offense.

And that move could have repercussions in Kansas City.

In two games as the Chiefs starter, Matt Cassel has guided the team into the end zone just twice. One of them came courtesy of a long Jamaal Charles run, the other a short pass to tight end Tony Moeaki.Considering the blessed field position Cassel has enjoyed the past two games, that’s far from efficient or acceptable as a starting quarterback. And to assume the coaching staff won’t pull the plug on the Cassel experiment if he doesn’t play well Sunday, even if the Chiefs win, would be a big mistake. They might not have a choice.

We talked in clear terms that the Chiefs' opening game against the Chargers was big for this organization. When they traveled to Cleveland last Sunday, again the same was true. This was a game to show their opening victory wasn’t a fluke. And it wasn’t, because Kansas City defeated the Browns on the road.

Now Sunday against a wounded 49ers team, Cassel has to show he is indeed the leader of this offense. He’s going to have to win this game for the Chiefs at some point in the fourth quarter.

San Francisco might be 0-2, and they might be woeful as a road team, but that doesn’t mean they’re going to lay down on Sunday.

This is the game that Cassel makes a statement that he is, without question, the man to lead this team into the playoffs.

That means on Sunday he has to execute the offense to perfection. The coaching staff must be more diligent in their use of offensive personnel. They must support Cassel by surrounding him with their ten best players.

If not, Cassel could find himself on the bench when the Chiefs travel to Indianapolis in two weeks.

The Chiefs have Brodie Croyle as their back-up, but he’s never won a regular season game in five seasons. On the other hand, Kolb has had success as a starter.

In Philly, Kolb has been demoted to bench duty as he watches the more mobile Vick run the offense. An offense he thought was going to be under his direction when the season started.

I don’t subscribe to the unwritten NFL rule that if you suffer an injury, you lose your starting job. To me, the better player should always play.

But in this case, that didn’t happen. Vick isn’t better than Kolb. Sure, he’s more mobile. But as a pocket passer, there is no question that Kolb’s arm strength and accuracy are far superior to Vicks.

In his second season in Kansas City, Cassel has really never had anyone over his shoulder who threatened to take his starting job. It’s clear Croyle isn’t that guy. But the sudden availability of Kolb via trade, should have Cassel on high alert Sunday against the 49ers.

With a win Sunday, the Chiefs have a golden opportunity to move to 3-0. After the bye week they face their toughest stretch of the season with road games at Indianapolis and Houston. If they should be so fortunate to get the win against the 49ers, they’re going to need their best players on the field in order to compete in those very difficult road contests.

That means the quarterback play has to be in mid-season form. And if the coaches even remotely think that Cassel isn’t close, then the Chiefs should make a run for Kolb and get him ready for the Colts and Texans.

The trade would be risky and it would be a very difficult move for Kansas City Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli. But this is a win now league, and this organization has to show the players they're intent on rebuilding a winner in Kansas City. Adding Kolb would help do just that.

It would also serve notice to the rest of the teams in the AFC West that the Chiefs are the team to beat in 2010.

Shogun
09-24-2010, 01:00 PM
From all I've seen of Kolb. I don't think hes THAT much better than Cassel.

ChiTown
Nigga, PLEASE!

loochy
DAMNIT CHIEFS QUIT EFFING BUYING OTHER TEAMS' BACKUP QUARTERBACKS AND EXPECTING THEM TO BE GOOD! JFC! THIS DOESN'T WORK!
DeBerg - Check
Kreig - Check
Bono - Check
Grbac - Check
Huard - Check
Cassel - Check

jAZ
09-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Kolb isn't some other teams backup. But Philly would be stupid to trade Kolb at this point given how volatile Vick can be. He could be your QB this week and out of the league forever next week.

milkman
09-24-2010, 01:04 PM

I think if Kolb had the time in the pocket that Cassel has enjoyed this season, he be a hell of a lot better.

Kolb, from what I've seen is a guy that could be better compared to Trent Green than Cassel can be.

But at the end of the day, Scott Piloi is not going to pull the trigger on any trade for a QB this year unless Cassel is injured.

And were he to do that, there are a couple of young backup QBs around the league that I'd rather persue.

loochy
09-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Kolb isn't some other teams backup.

He is now.

But Philly would be stupid to trade Kolb at this point given how volatile Vick can be. He could be your QB this week and out of the league forever next week.

I definitely agree with this x 10000

Shogun
09-24-2010, 01:05 PM
I think if Kolb had the time in the pocket that Cassel has enjoyed this season, he be a hell of a lot better.

Kolb, from what I've seen is a guy that could be better compared to Trent Green than Cassel can be.

But at the end of the day, Scott Piloi is not going to pull the trigger on any trade for a QB this year unless Cassel is injured.

And were he to do that, there are a couple of young backup QBs around the league that I'd rather persue.

Alright, Well said.

HemiEd
09-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Andy Reid has a personal attachment to the guy, going way back to his youth. He followed his entire college career and he made it a point to draft him.

I don't think he is going to give up on Kolb this quick.

Typical Nick Athan speculation, pure bull shit. I wish it would happen though.

Donger
09-24-2010, 01:09 PM
On another note: If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a'hoppin.

sedated
09-24-2010, 01:09 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE.

Kolb isn't going anywhere. Vick is a free agent after this year. Kolb is still the QBOTF in Philly.

MMXcalibur
09-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Hard hitting reporting and in-depth analysis can be yours for....what is it? 129.99?

Chiefnj2
09-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Ridiculous.

Stick with Cassel through this year.

If you want a change at QB then grab one in the draft in the first round. Use the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks to move in the first round to get the guy you want.

Dave Lane
09-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Oh for fucks sake!

Nightfyre
09-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Athan must be pretty poorly informed about the upcoming QB class to make such a statement.

ModSocks
09-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Athan must be pretty poorly informed about the upcoming QB class to make such a statement.

And Reid has already said that Kolb isn't on the block......

ModSocks
09-24-2010, 01:18 PM

Like who?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Could we please just draft a fucking QB in the first round and not acquire some other team's trash for once?

Brock
09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
This guy is an idiot.

Fritz88
09-24-2010, 01:32 PM
It's trash.

Scaga
09-24-2010, 01:40 PM
I should print this off and keep it.....in case I run out of toliet paper :doh!:

DeezNutz
09-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Shove the suggestion of acquiring Kolb up your ass.

The Franchise
09-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Ridiculous.

If you want a change at QB then grab one in the draft in the first round. Use the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks to move in the first round to get the guy you want.

This.

beach tribe
09-24-2010, 01:59 PM

Understandable, but I would much rather have Kolb than any of the other QBs that would be available.
Good Comparison to Green. I think he can be that kind of player.
He is light years better than Cassel, and he has actually had a fair amount of success in this league, and broke 400 yards once, and maybe twice, but I can't quite remember.
He was good enough that they traded McNabb within the devision. I seriously don't think the eagles have any intention of giving him up though, and that they still plan on him being the future. they just couldn't take Vick out right now, because his hand is just too hot. I've never seen Vick play like that. Escaping pressure, and then looking down field for a target. He would always just bolt before, and the cannon on the guy...damn. Athan is an idiot if he think Kolb has a stronger arm than Vick. Dude can flat out rifle the ball. Kolb is like you said, more in the Green mold. Great accuracy, with just above average arm strength.
I don't know why I even wrote all of this. It's never gonna happen.

beach tribe
09-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Could we please just draft a ****ing QB in the first round and not acquire some other team's trash for once?

Seriously. This. There are a lot of guys coming out that I would like to have, and we could probably get one in the slot that we end up with.

Rain Man
09-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Why are people so high on Kolb? I remember comments in the preseason media about how he wasn't looking very good.

DeezNutz
09-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Why are people so high on Kolb? I remember comments in the preseason media about how he wasn't looking very good.

He's not Cassel.

Honestly, the idea of acquiring yet another backup and trying to parade him as a starter is sickening at best.

patteeu
09-24-2010, 02:08 PM
But in this case, that didn’t happen. Vick isn’t better than Kolb. Sure, he’s more mobile. But as a pocket passer, there is no question that Kolb’s arm strength and accuracy are far superior to Vicks.

:BS:

Vick has a howitzer on his shoulder. His accuracy, awareness and judgment may not be there, but he has no trouble with arm strength. I seriously doubt that Kolb has a stronger arm.

booyaf2
09-24-2010, 02:12 PM
"With a win Sunday, the Chiefs have a golden opportunity to move to 3-0."

Really? Thats some inside stuff only Nick can report on.

Frankie
09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
If there's any QB from the Eagles I want, it would be Kafka. He'll be cheaper (if the Eagles would trade him) and has good potential. Kolb has not impressed me much and he already has a head injury in his resume.

BTW if Kolb's gonna get traded it's gonna be to the Browns. Look at all the connection the two FOs have.

beach tribe
09-24-2010, 02:18 PM

Vick has a howitzer on his shoulder. His accuracy, awareness and judgment may not be there, but he has no trouble with arm strength. I seriously doubt that Kolb has a stronger arm.

It's not even close. Just to suggest such a thing says "I am a fn moron"

beach tribe
09-24-2010, 02:21 PM
He's not Cassel.

Honestly, the idea of acquiring yet another backup and trying to parade him as a starter is sickening at best.

I watched him play a few times last season, and believe that he will play in a Pro bowl or two before it's all said, and done. I've been wrong before, but he looks like the real deal to me.

Bwana
09-24-2010, 02:21 PM

Yep, he's yet another hump of a QB. :shake:

Hydrae
09-24-2010, 02:24 PM
The bigger story is that if Cassel fails to impress and earn the Chiefs' third straight win, Kansas City should flirt with acquiring Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb.

No, it is not a big story, it is simply speculation on the part of the author. I am so glad I don't pay for this kind of crap writing.

The Franchise
09-24-2010, 02:26 PM
If you didn't know it before......WPI posters are fans of Cassel.

Why would we want a downgrade from Cassel? Kolb's career rating is 67.8 while Cassel's is 78.5.

crispystl
09-24-2010, 02:31 PM

Does anyone think his arm strength is even better now than it was prior to his prison sentence? it almost look like delivers it side arm with it's trajectory a mean there is no arch or loft it all on intermediate routes. He's throwing frozen freaking ropes out there.

FAX
09-24-2010, 02:33 PM
If you didn't know it before......WPI posters are fans of Cassel.

ROFL

Mark Castle fans are awesome ... when they're not drooling in their mashed potatoes, I mean.

FAX

Mr. Laz
09-24-2010, 02:41 PM
ROFL

Mark Castle fans are awesome ... when they're not drooling in their mashed potatoes, I mean.

FAX
wow ... Mr. Fax has been a little edgy lately.

How are you doing?

FAX
09-24-2010, 02:44 PM

How are you doing?

Good, Mr. Laz. Real well, in fact.

It's just that the Mark Castle bandwagon dumped me off in the middle of East Nashville, the cab companies don't come to this part of town, and it'll be dark pretty soon.

FAX

Mr. Laz
09-24-2010, 02:46 PM

It's just that the Mark Castle bandwagon dumped me off in the middle of East Nashville, the cab companies don't come to this part of town, and it'll be dark pretty soon.

FAX
well if you drop anything don't bend over and pick it up ... just move on.

good luck

Baby Lee
09-24-2010, 02:47 PM

You shore said somethin' there. This Mark Castle fella don't even get the courtesy of a 'Mr.'

Chiefs Rool
09-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Cassel - no upside, what you see is what you will get, he can only get worse probably.

Kolb- plenty of upside

If a deal could get done for a 3rd or less, do it I say.

gblowfish
09-24-2010, 02:55 PM
You guys act like the Chiefs actually care about winning this year. It's about making money, especially with the labor situation on the horizon next year.

Chiefs are in the bottom three or four team in the league in payroll. They're not going to trade for Kolb and increase payroll while they're paying Cassel.

They'll cut Cassel next year if he sucks, and draft a QB. They won't have to pay a rookie QB as much as they're paying Cassel, especially if they draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

That's assuming there's even a season next year and no labor lockout.

Baby Lee
09-24-2010, 02:58 PM
You guys act like the Chiefs actually care about winning this year.
Which sucks because;

I've never seen such an easy regular season schedule

The team, sans one position, is playing competent across the board and inspired in key areas.

The competence of the team, sans one position, coupled with the easy schedule moves this team out of the top of the draft and away from acquiring blockbuster talent.

Chiefnj2
09-24-2010, 03:03 PM

FAX

At least you're safe from getting hit by the Castle bandwagon. Stand at least 10 yards away and it won't come close to you.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Which sucks because;

The team, sans one position, is playing competent across the board and inspired in key areas.

The competence of the team, sans one position, coupled with the easy schedule moves this team out of the top of the draft and away from acquiring blockbuster talent.

Being a Chiefs fan, to paraphrase the great Percival Cox, is like signing up for an eternal tandem bike ride all along the banks of the River Styx.

Art Vader
09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm hoping for the offense to magically start clicking one of these games, then they could have something to build upon, but I'd say if Cassel plays super-poorly in the first half of this game and we're losing by a bunch, bench him.

If Croyle(who we know is not the guy) could do something similar to what Gradkowski did last week to show that it is possible to be successful with the tools we have on this offense, it would shine a brighter light on the below-average skills of Cassel, then we could make a play for Kolb.

That being said, Vick is all over the field... he could go down on any play, so I don't see Kolb going anywhere.

The answer is elsewhere, and admitting failure on the Cassel Project would leave a huge dent in Pioli's track-record/ego, so the QB change won't come if Pioli can't convince himself to make the it. Unfortunately for him, he's running out of time to deal with that personal situation without massive scrutiny.

Change IS coming... Cassel starts playing well, or Cassel takes a seat.

Mr. Vader

Hammock Parties
09-24-2010, 03:44 PM
They won't have to pay a rookie QB as much as they're paying Cassel, especially if they draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Oh, jesus. Can that actually happen?

TRR
09-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Nevermind the fact that the Eagles saying they WILL NOT trade Kolb.
Posted via Mobile Device

talastan
09-24-2010, 03:56 PM
They won't have to pay a rookie QB as much as they're paying Cassel, especially if they draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

If $$$ is the reason why we don't draft a first rounder if we are looking at QB then piss on the FO. While the risk is high the reward is even higher IMO. Mallett depending on how he stands up this weekend would look good in Red 'n' Gold IMO. :thumb:

Art Vader
09-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Nevermind the fact that the Eagles saying they WILL NOT trade Kolb.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure they said it, but do you truly believe it? That stance could very well be a bargaining tactic to raise teams' offers. The whole Reid flip flop on Vick starting shows me that there's too much going on over there to believe anything.

Mr. Laz
09-24-2010, 03:59 PM
If $$$ is the reason why we don't draft a first rounder if we are looking at QB then piss on the FO. While the risk is high the reward is even higher IMO. Mallett depending on how he stands up this weekend would look good in Red 'n' Gold IMO. :thumb:
the next draft should have some kind of roster slotting system so drafting a QB in the 1st round shouldn't cost as much.

it also means that the top picks will have more value ... of course as soon as we win a few games the picks at the top of the draft are going to be uber valuable. :(

That said i still think we could soon be 3-3 even if we do find a way to beat the 49ers. I don't see us beating the colts,texans or jags.

Mr. Laz
09-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Sure they said it, but do you truly believe it? That stance could very well be a bargaining tactic to raise teams' offers. The whole Reid flip flop on Vick starting shows me that there's too much going on over there to believe anything.
Atlanta all over again ... let the illusion that vick get them to trade away a quality QB(Schaub) only to have Vick implode and then they end up looking for another QB.

Philly would be foolish to trade Kolb right now.

TRR
09-24-2010, 04:07 PM

Absolutely they do. Reid and the Eagles put too much time and $$ into Kolb. Reid would also be an idiot to put the franchise in Vicks hands...One of the most unstable players in the game. He is one strike away from never playing in the NFL again.

If the Eagles were to trade Kolb, it would only be for a Ricky Williams type trade anyways which Pioli would NEVER get involved in.

Why would we want Kolb anyway. Draft a damn QB or get a solidified starting caliber QB or both. Not another unknown.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Atlanta all over again ... let the illusion that vick get them to trade away a quality QB(Schaub) only to have Vick implode and then they end up looking for another QB.

Mike Kafka

Art Vader
09-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Absolutely they do. Reid and the Eagles put too much time and $$ into Kolb. Reid would also be an idiot to put the franchise in Vicks hands...One of the most unstable players in the game. He is one strike away from never playing in the NFL again.

If the Eagles were to trade Kolb, it would only be for a Ricky Williams type trade anyways which Pioli would NEVER get involved in.

Why would we want Kolb anyway. Draft a damn QB or get a solidified starting caliber QB or both. Not another unknown.
Posted via Mobile Device

I totally agree. I said he wasn't going anywhere..
not talking necessarily KC getting him, I don't see Pioli doing it either.. but if somebody made an OUTSTANDING offer I think they would consider it, shit they traded away McNabb to a division rival, then so easily handed the starting job over to Vick. I just can't believe that there's no chance at all. maybe 5%. lol

el borracho
09-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Best case scenario for 2010:
1. Cassel continues to suck inexcusably
2. Chiefs keep winning despite Cassel
3. Chiefs draft a legit QB early in the draft in 2011

p.s. Yes, I know it would be best if Cassel were a legit QB but that is obviously not the case.

MahiMike
09-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Ridiculous.

Anyone that still wants to draft and train a QB, needs to think real hard. This is the best coaching staff we've ever had. How long do you think they're gonna be here? 2 yrs? 3? That's simply not enough time to draft a QB and train him.

58-4ever
I really don't think Reid will part with either of those QBs.

Brock
Anyone that still wants to draft and train a QB, needs to think real hard. This is the best coaching staff we've ever had. How long do you think they're gonna be here? 2 yrs? 3? That's simply not enough time to draft a QB and train him.

Where are they going to go?

MadMax
09-24-2010, 06:36 PM

WOW!! Just Fuckin wow. What the hell do yopu propose we do? Joke - you. That is a ridiculous attitude. So we keep picking other teams scrap??? Please be a fan of another team.It doesn't work..... JMFC!!!!

MahiMike
09-24-2010, 06:41 PM
WOW!! Just ****in wow. What the hell do yopu propose we do? Joke - you. That is a ridiculous attitude. So we keep picking other teams scrap??? Please be a fan of another team.It doesn't work..... JMFC!!!!

It's actually the safest way to go. This year alone studs like Roethlisberger, McNabb, Favre and now maybe Kolb has been available. The QB is the last piece of the puzzle. I'll never understand why you guys are always trying to take a chance on some kid with 20% chance of succeeding, let alone excel.

MadMax
09-24-2010, 06:43 PM

You are #1 either kidding or #2 a retard?

MahiMike
09-24-2010, 06:45 PM

$100 says either Weis or Crennel are not in KC in 2 yrs. They're just passing thru.

Brock
$100 says either Weis or Crennel are not in KC in 2 yrs. They're just passing thru.

Make it 200.

MahiMike
WOW!! Just ****in wow. What the hell do yopu propose we do? Joke - you. That is a ridiculous attitude. So we keep picking other teams scrap??? Please be a fan of another team.It doesn't work..... JMFC!!!!

Overreact much?ROFL

Dinny Bossa Nova
09-24-2010, 06:49 PM
The WPI Think Tank.

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:14 PM

The fact is, you can succeed with another team's young backup, if you acquire the right one.

See Matt Shaub
See Brett Favre
See Steve Young

Your chances of successfully filling the position are better if you draft him early.

But we should never dismiss any avenue to improve the position, even if we've sucked at it before.

BigMeatballDave
09-24-2010, 07:18 PM

WTF? Are you high or retarded?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2010, 07:18 PM
FAIL.

Brock
09-24-2010, 07:26 PM
The fact is, you can succeed with another team's young backup, if you acquire the right one.

See Matt Shaub
See Brett Favre
See Steve Young

Your chances of successfully filling the position are better if you draft him early.

But we should never dismiss any avenue to improve the position, even if we've sucked at it before.

Fuck that. We've tried that about 100 times in the past 20 years.

DeezNutz
09-24-2010, 07:28 PM

See Matt Shaub
See Brett Favre
See Steve Young

While you're right here, I'm going to have to say "fuck going the magical backup route."

Cannot do it one more fucking time.

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:34 PM
**** that. We've tried that about 100 times in the past 20 years.

While you're right here, I'm going to have to say "**** going the magical backup route."

Cannot do it one more ****ing time.

I am with you guys.

I have been promoting the idea of drafting our own QB for years.

But I always like to think I can be unbiased, so I will never dismiss something out of hand when it comes to finding talent simply because it hasn't worked for us before.

Mecca
09-24-2010, 07:37 PM
It's not even an option. There will not be competition at that position as long as Cassel is here. The guy is obviously mentally fragile, the coaching staff has made this guy think he can throw 4 picks and say he made no mistakes.

If this team wins the games it's suppose to win and finishes with a near 500 record...I expect Cassel to renegotiate and be back as much as that pains me to say.

milkman
09-24-2010, 07:45 PM
It's not even an option. There will not be competition at that position as long as Cassel is here. The guy is obviously mentally fragile, the coaching staff has made this guy think he can throw 4 picks and say he made no mistakes.

If this team wins the games it's suppose to win and finishes with a near 500 record...I expect Cassel to renegotiate and be back as much as that pains me to say.

I don't agree.

I think Cassel will be released after this year if he continues to play at the level he as to this point.

I am not a fan of the things Pioli has done, but I think you, and some others, are assigning personality traits to Pioli that simply make no sense.

Mecca
09-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Maybe I am, but it's hard to not do that when they will not say anything bad about him at all. The absolute babying of that player leads me to believe these things...it's getting so bad that Jayice Pearson of all people was going off on the radio about the complete over babying and over protection this team has of Matt Cassel.

Frankie
09-24-2010, 07:55 PM
If a deal could get done for a 3rd or less, do it I say.

I might warm up to that.

notorious
09-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Just the idea that Kolb would be traded is about as retarded as it gets.

Athan, just stop.

Frankie
09-24-2010, 08:03 PM

Athan, just stop.

I might warm up to that.

notorious
09-24-2010, 08:05 PM

Athan, just stop.

I might warm up to that.

:)

bevischief
09-24-2010, 08:07 PM
at this point we are set with who we have.

Phobia
09-24-2010, 09:51 PM
You know who another QB possibility is? Jeff George is available and will play cheap.

Smed1065
09-24-2010, 10:52 PM

Yes the NFL never repeats the same mistake. IIRC, Schuab was a backup when facts said otherwise.........

Mostly on here. He sucked and still does....../CP

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Cassel isn't going to continue to put up QB ratings in the 40's. He's not that bad. The problem is that he'll continue to play just good enough and our schedule is enough of a joke that we'll win 7 games and he'll have a deceptive enough stat line that people will say, "Look, we improved both years with him as our QB. He's obviously taking us in the right direction."

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Yes the NFL never repeats the same mistake. IIRC, Schuab was a backup when facts said otherwise.........

Mostly on here. He sucked and still does....../CP

You're fucking stupid.

As a matter of fact, you're so fucking stupid that I cannot figure out why you even continue post. I guess you enjoy embarrassing yourself.

Matt Schaub was a starter in college and a third round draft choice. The Falcons received a nice bounty for that trade. Schaub was 25 at the time of the trade and he's now 29 years old. He's entering his 4th year of starting at Houston and was the league leader in yardage last year. And at age 29, he's entering his prime.

Cassel sat on the bench for SEVEN FUCKING YEARS. Once he had a chance to start, it was on a Super Bowl team. He looked to be a far better QB than he actually is in reality and how he fooled Scott Pioli is beyond comprehension for most thinking people, let alone FOOTBALL people.

Cassel will NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER be on the same level as Schaub. And for the record, WHO EVER said that Schaub sucked?

You're a drunken, illiterate fool.

Shut the fuck up.

morphius
09-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Maybe I am, but it's hard to not do that when they will not say anything bad about him at all. The absolute babying of that player leads me to believe these things...it's getting so bad that Jayice Pearson of all people was going off on the radio about the complete over babying and over protection this team has of Matt Cassel.
It would bother me more if I hadn't had seen the same thing from Vermeil with Trent, and if I really thought Brodie was a better QB than he is.

HIChief
09-24-2010, 11:15 PM
What a pull-it-outta-ur-#$$ article! Flacco had 4 INTs last week, and Farve has been stinking it up in Minnie--does that make them busts too!? Cassel has proven himself when surrounded with talent (11-5 as a Patriot). When/if Bowe ever lives up to his billing, and we find a legit #2 receiver, and THEN Cassel fails to produce, that's when I'll pull the plug, but not before then.

BossChief
09-24-2010, 11:30 PM
1) GoChiefs, why do you continue to post this stuff when you don't work there anymore?

2) There are actually a few backups that I would be ok with trading a mid rounder for, but not if it costs us drafting one in the first. Brian Brohm is another guy I would like to add to the conversation. Adding Brohm and drafting any of four or five quarterbacks would make me feel a lot better about the future of this team...but as Ive said before, I would rather trade a few picks (even if it costs us our top three picks to do so) to move up and take the QB we think has the best chance of succeeding in our system with the style of coaching we utilize.

3) No way the Eagles let Kolb go for what would be cost effective for us. I dont want him for what the price tag that would be on him.

Frankie
09-24-2010, 11:41 PM
1) 2) There are actually a few backups that I would be ok with trading a mid rounder for, but not if it costs us drafting one in the first. Brian Brohm is another guy I would like to add to the conversation.

That's one. Who are the rest of the few you are thinking of. Not challenging you. Just interested to know.

BossChief
09-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Matt Flynn
Mike Kafka (project with good potential)
Sage Rosenfels (as a stopgap for a first round qb selection, he would be PERFECT, would serve as a quality backup that would be accepting of that role too IMO)
Tyler Thigpen (yeah, I still think we fucked up on this one. He would have at least been a quality long term backup that could win 50% of games with a decent team and add a good changeup/wildcat option)
John Skelton (project)

Im sure I am forgetting about a couple...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Cassel isn't going to continue to put up QB ratings in the 40's. He's not that bad. The problem is that he'll continue to play just good enough and our schedule is enough of a joke that we'll win 7 games and he'll have a deceptive enough stat line that people will say, "Look, we improved both years with him as our QB. He's obviously taking us in the right direction."

Your Egoli-Logic is sound but the fact is; he won't.

"He" won't win shit, and let's face it:

The Word is out on Matt Cassel. EVERYONE now knows about and has, with the exception of a COMPLETELY blind, homeristic and minority-sized crowd, accepted his Leaf Legacy-talent level and is ready to cut bait if his personal game doesn't come up by four degrees minimum.

I truly believe that the improvement of the team overall will be enough to override The Egoli and let professional, sound decision-making win the day in April.

Or hell, even FA if the candidate is right...

googlegoogle
09-25-2010, 12:18 AM
'Leia, Leia's my sister'.

Leia will be our qb!

beach tribe
09-25-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't agree.

I think Cassel will be released after this year if he continues to play at the level he as to this point.

I am not a fan of the things Pioli has done, but I think you, and some others, are assigning personality traits to Pioli that simply make no sense.

He's as good as gone. I don't see him pulling it together. We know it. He knows it, and he's a pussy. I don't know what road we'll go down, but this offensive coaching staff is way to good let him be their face, and mouth piece for another season.

beach tribe
09-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Your Egoli-Logic is sound but the fact is; he won't.

"He" won't win shit, and let's face it:

The Word is out on Matt Cassel. EVERYONE now knows about and has, with the exception of a COMPLETELY blind, homeristic and minority-sized crowd, accepted his Leaf Legacy-talent level and is ready to cut bait if his personal game doesn't come up by four degrees minimum.

I truly believe that the improvement of the team overall will be enough to override The Egoli and let professional, sound, decision-making win the day in April.

Or hell, even FA if the candidate is right...
There ya have it.

crazycoffey
09-25-2010, 01:06 AM
DAMNIT CHIEFS QUIT EFFING BUYING OTHER TEAMS' BACKUP QUARTERBACKS AND EXPECTING THEM TO BE GOOD! JFC! THIS DOESN'T WORK!
DeBerg - Check
Kreig - Check
Bono - Check
Grbac - Check
Huard - Check
Cassel - Check

they should draft a QB in the first 3 rounds and groom him to be the starter.....

Brodie, you're up!

-King-
09-25-2010, 01:23 AM
1) GoChiefs, why do you continue to post this stuff when you don't work there anymore?

I think he's back to working for them. He recently wrote an article over there.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2010, 01:44 AM
I think he's back to working for them. He recently wrote an article over there.

His mom must have cut off his allowance

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2010, 01:45 AM
What a pull-it-outta-ur-#$$ article! Flacco had 4 INTs last week, and Farve has been stinking it up in Minnie--does that make them busts too!? Cassel has proven himself when surrounded with talent (11-5 as a Patriot). When/if Bowe ever lives up to his billing, and we find a legit #2 receiver, and THEN Cassel fails to produce, that's when I'll pull the plug, but not before then.

Please, never post here, ever again.

I'm being nice.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 01:47 AM
His mom must have cut off his allowance

I'm being nice.

LMAO

crazycoffey
09-25-2010, 01:47 AM
seriously, cassel is NOT the problem, he just needs better RB, WR, and OL play; then if only sweet jesus would allow us to bring in an OC worth a damn.....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 01:57 AM
seriously, cassel is NOT the problem, he just needs better RB, WR, and OL play; then if only sweet jesus would allow us to bring in an OC worth a damn.....

So tonight we're gonna' party like it's 2009?

crazycoffey
09-25-2010, 01:58 AM
So tonight we're gonna' party like it's 2009?

what; it's NOT 2009?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 02:10 AM
what; it's NOT 2009?

LMAO

Hammock Parties
09-25-2010, 02:10 AM

Because I enjoy the reactions.

KCJohnny
09-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Would Philly really deal Kolb? Why? What could KC offer them?
We shoulda kept Thiggy!

Hammock Parties
09-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Shut the fuck up, KCJohnny.

God hates you.

Rasputin
09-25-2010, 02:53 AM
I think it would be a stupid hasty move to trade for Kolb. Lets just play out the season and draft a QBotf in 2011. I hate Cassel but Pioli laid his bed and should have to sleep in it. This team needs to quit going after other teams rejects, not that Kolb is a reject, but I think we can fair better in next draft.

I just asume Brodie play than Cassel, but Brodie didn't earn a starting job in preseason & he is injury prone. Cassel sucks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 03:01 AM
I think it would be a stupid hasty move to trade for Kolb. Lets just play out the season and draft a QBotf in 2011. I hate Cassel but Pioli laid his bed and should have to sleep in it. This team needs to quit going after other teams rejects, not that Kolb is a reject, but I think we can fair better in next draft.

I just asume Brodie play than Cassel, but Brodie didn't earn a starting job in preseason & he is injury prone. Cassel sucks.

I'm open to FA after this season, but only in a "SD releases/trades Drew Brees" kind of way. It has to be THAT kind of QB.

Rasputin
09-25-2010, 03:07 AM
I'm open to FA after this season, but only in a "SD releases/trades Drew Brees" kind of way. It has to be THAT kind of QB.

That may be the only thing we disagree on. I am hell bent high water on drafting a QB. Ever since Joe freaking Montana i've been wanting to draft and groom our own guy. However if we could pick up a good FA back up QB that could start and add compitition & help with the grooming i'm for that. He would have to be unselfesh and a Kert Warner type guy. He can start till our draft pick is ready. I would go banana ape happy if we would draft a legit prospect from draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 03:26 AM
That may be the only thing we disagree on. I am hell bent high water on drafting a QB. Ever since Joe freaking Montana i've been wanting to draft and groom our own guy. However if we could pick up a good FA back up QB that could start and add compitition & help with the grooming i'm for that. He would have to be unselfesh and a Kert Warner type guy. He can start till our draft pick is ready. I would go banana ape happy if we would draft a legit prospect from draft.

Ideally, we draft and develop. I was watching some Dallas stuff on NFLN today, and I'd love to see the Chiefs starting an Aikman-type QB for Charlie's system because IMHO, it would be a pretty perfect setup.

Longer yardage dink and dunk with a legitimate down field threat to keep opposing D's honest...great fit.

michaelj_58
09-25-2010, 05:44 AM
hello, is this guy nuts? I am not impressed with cornKolb at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pioli Zombie
09-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Ok. So we now we got it. The Chiefs just need a guy like Drew Brees or Troy Aikman. Gotcha. ;)

Pioli Zombie
09-25-2010, 06:19 AM
This will drive Milkman nuts but....with this running game and defense and with real grown up coordinators.. If Tom Brady was the qb would the Chiefs be a SB contender? Discuss.

ILChief
09-25-2010, 06:34 AM

Even if they benched Cassel for Croyle, Cassell would be back within 3 games because Croyle would get hurt.

Saccopoo
09-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Ideally, we draft and develop. I was watching some Dallas stuff on NFLN today, and I'd love to see the Chiefs starting an Aikman-type QB for Charlie's system because IMHO, it would be a pretty perfect setup.

Longer yardage dink and dunk with a legitimate down field threat to keep opposing D's honest...great fit.

http://accmania.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/christian-ponder.jpg

And screw that draft and develop bullshit. Put the guy in. Yesterday. You develop on the field, with your team. Either you can play, or you can't.

MTG#10
09-25-2010, 07:59 AM
My God Athan is a fucking moron. The iggles arent trading Kolb. Not to us, not to anyone. I wish Nick would just hurry up and contract HIV already so it can start the process of turning into AIDS so he cant write crap like this anymore.

tonyetony
09-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Pure drivel. I can't believe people actually pay for this.

Frankie
09-25-2010, 10:40 AM

And screw that draft and develop bullshit. Put the guy in. Yesterday. You develop on the field, with your team. Either you can play, or you can't.

This. I have liked what I've seen of Ponder. And he's an achievement kinda guy. Good mix for a QB.

Frankie
09-25-2010, 10:43 AM
This whole thread is moot, not necessarily because the Eagles won't trade Kolb, but more because the Chiefs never engage in any trades during season. Can anybody remember any in the reasonable past?

Rausch
09-25-2010, 10:44 AM
I will fucking kill myself.

I will bathe in gas and light a fucking match...

Mr. Laz
09-25-2010, 11:43 AM
How so? Both have tried head coaching and failed. Both have health issues that restrict there ability to work.

These are exactly the type of guys who do stay for awhile.

diveonthefloor31
09-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Please try out Javier Arenas at WR.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2010, 12:44 PM

What?

Care to explain, genius?

Hammock Parties
09-25-2010, 12:46 PM

I think they should try him out at RB. He breaks tackles like crazy.

Bane
09-25-2010, 12:51 PM

STFU N00b.

Thig Lyfe
09-25-2010, 12:59 PM
This QB class is so good that the Chiefs can play well enough to pick somewhat late in the 1st and still probably get a franchise guy. Aaron Rodgers didn't go until like pick 24 or some shit.

Trading for Kolb would be almost as dumb as not giving Jamaal Charles enough carries.

Frankie
09-25-2010, 01:10 PM
How so? Both have tried head coaching and failed. Both have health issues that restrict there ability to work.

These are exactly the type of guys who do stay for awhile.

Logical.

Frankie
09-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Please try out Javier Arenas at WR.Based on.....?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Ok. So we now we got it. The Chiefs just need a guy like Drew Brees or Troy Aikman. Gotcha. ;)

Brees-like would be the ideal FA move. Aikman-like would be the ideal style for Weis' system.
And yes, I know you're fucking with me.:D

This will drive Milkman nuts but....with this running game and defense and with real grown up coordinators.. If Tom Brady was the qb would the Chiefs be a SB contender? Discuss.

In a year or two, maybe. Today? Wild Card or first round loss.

Sacc, no offense, but when it comes to pretty much anything QB, you are the last source of information I "trust", the last immigrant off the boat, and the last cow through the slaughter chute.:)

crossbow
09-25-2010, 02:49 PM
This QB class is so good that the Chiefs can play well enough to pick somewhat late in the 1st and still probably get a franchise guy. Aaron Rodgers didn't go until like pick 24 or some shit.

Trading for Kolb would be almost as dumb as not giving Jamaal Charles enough carries.

I'll buy this. How many other teams besides the Chiefs would be looking to take a QB in this draft? Not that many I suspect. And the great thing about the draft is you never know what is realy going happen. How in the hell did Green Bay get lucky enough to have Arron Rodgers fall to them? Heck, remember how lucky we were when DJ fell to us? You just never know.

So I am convinced Pioli will make the right decision and draft a guy we can all rally around and support. The coaching staff is gotta be tired of defending Cassell by now.

HIChief
09-25-2010, 04:33 PM

I'm being nice.

So, what you really mean is if I don't agree w/ you don't post here? Nice!

HIChief
09-25-2010, 04:46 PM

Now that's an idea we CAN experiment with this season. Opposing defenses do not respect the passing game right now. McCluster, Chambers, Bowe, and Arenas (IF he can catch and route-run) might stop them from loading 8-9 in the box.

HIChief
09-25-2010, 05:02 PM
What?

Care to explain, genius?

What crawled up your rear and died?

JoeyChuckles
09-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Which sucks because;

Violation!! Double use of the word "Sans" in one post. You have been warned.

milkman
09-25-2010, 07:10 PM

Why would a dumbass idea from a useless cunt who can't get me out of his head drive me nuts?

Find another man to crush on.
I don't swing that way.

tarheel23
09-25-2010, 07:41 PM
There are a lot of things that need to be done in the future, but right now Brodie is our best QB by far. Sure he may get injured, we can then have what we have now Mr. Casshole.

Phobia
09-25-2010, 08:20 PM
This whole thread is moot, not necessarily because the Eagles won't trade Kolb, but more because the Chiefs never engage in any trades during season. Can anybody remember any in the reasonable past?
Yeah, because a LOGO has something to do with team operations. EVERYBODY from the top down has been replaced, dude. I don't follow your logic whatsoever here.

Coogs
09-25-2010, 08:28 PM

Well, there were two last year. Tyler Thigpen to the Dolphins on September 29th, and Tank Tyler to Carolina on October 19th. :shrug:

alanm
09-25-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm fed up with taking other teams castoffs. It's f*cking time we draft a QB with a 1st or 2nd rnd pick and pray to God we pick a good one. :cuss:

Coogs
09-25-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm fed up with taking other teams castoffs. It's f*cking time we draft a QB with a 1st or 2nd rnd pick and pray to God we pick a good one. :cuss:

I'd rather do that as well. If teams like the Rams or Lions wind up picking in the top 5 again, they may be the perfect teams to try a swing a trade with come Spring.

Ebolapox
09-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Shut the fuck up, KCJohnny.

God hates you.

god loves pie, though. and KCJ loves pie. pie, however, hates KCJ though. are we seeing the correlation here?

Ebolapox
09-25-2010, 08:43 PM

do you really love the chiefs? do you love them enough to commit ritual seppuku in order for allah to allow us to draft a first round (achievement? ROFL) qb?

please? please do this for us? DO IT! DO IT QUICKLY FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY! SUICIDE IS PAINLESS, IT BRINGS ON MANY CHANGES!

Frankie
09-25-2010, 09:04 PM

Yeah, because a LOGO has something to do with team operations. EVERYBODY from the top down has been replaced, dude. I don't follow your logic whatsoever here.

WTF?! Am I missing something here? :shrug:

Frankie
09-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Well, there were two last year. Tyler Thigpen to the Dolphins on September 29th, and Tank Tyler to Carolina on October 19th. :shrug:

Good catch. But I meant trading FOR someone who could come in and help out. I don't remember one. Do you?

Coogs
09-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Good catch. But I meant trading FOR someone who could come in and help out. I don't remember one. Do you?

No, not really.

Frankie
09-25-2010, 09:09 PM
I'd rather do that as well. If teams like the Rams or Lions wind up picking in the top 5 again, they may be the perfect teams to try a swing a trade with come Spring.

No need to. Ponder, Luck (if he comes out), Mallett, and several others will be a group from which one should be available later in the 1st. That's if we ourselves won't wind up picking in the top 10 anyway.

Frankie
09-25-2010, 09:13 PM
do you really love the chiefs? do you love them enough to commit ritual seppuku in order for allah to allow us to draft a first round (achievement? ROFL) qb?

please? please do this for us? DO IT! DO IT QUICKLY FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY! SUICIDE IS PAINLESS, IT BRINGS ON MANY CHANGES!I'll just refer to someone else' post here. Read it carefully. It's my sentiment exactly:

Why would a dumbass idea from a useless **** who can't get me out of his head drive me nuts?

I don't swing that way.

Coogs
09-25-2010, 09:16 PM
No need to. Ponder, Luck (if he comes out), Mallett, and several others will be a group from which one should be available later in the 1st. That's if we ourselves won't wind up picking in the top 10 anyway.

If they all wind up being somewhat equal, then I am OK with that. I hope we are not picking in the top 10 again, as that means over the next 14 games, things are not going to keep moving forward. However, if one of these QB's elevates himself as head and shoulders above the rest of the group, then that is the guy I hope we target, by whatever means it takes to get him.

Phobia
09-25-2010, 09:22 PM
WTF?! Am I missing something here? :shrug:

I guess you must be. Here's what has happened in recent team history, Frankie.

Team owner dies - replaced
Team GM resigns - replaced
Head Coach fired - replaced
President replaced
All team operations replaced
All scouting dept replaced

So, what we have left from 5 years ago is an Arrowhead logo. Does the logo maintain some kind of regular season trade M.O.? Because nobody else is left with the organization.

Frankie
09-25-2010, 09:24 PM
If they all wind up being somewhat equal, then I am OK with that. I hope we are not picking in the top 10 again, as that means over the next 14 games, things are not going to keep moving forward. However, if one of these QB's elevates himself as head and shoulders above the rest of the group, then that is the guy I hope we target, by whatever means it takes to get him.

Those three look pretty good so far. Mallett, though, seems to be a bit more rattled by pressure than the other two. Surprisingly, Luck who's only a Soph. looks more ripe, poised and pro-ready than Mallett, though Mallett has more upside physically.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Why would a dumbass idea from a useless cunt who can't get me out of his head drive me nuts?

I don't swing that way.

LMAO

KCBOSS1
09-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Has any of Athan's speculations worked out? any?

Frankie
09-25-2010, 09:36 PM
I guess you must be. Here's what has happened in recent team history, Frankie.

Team owner dies - replaced
Team GM resigns - replaced
Head Coach fired - replaced
President replaced
All team operations replaced
All scouting dept replaced

So, what we have left from 5 years ago is an Arrowhead logo. Does the logo maintain some kind of regular season trade M.O.? Because nobody else is left with the organization.

I posted my original post considering all that. Mine was more a suffering Chiefs fan's lament than a statement of logic. Based on last year and the general attitude of the current FO though, I'm not expecting any in-season trade this year either. BUt if they surprize us with one designed to improve the season, trading for Kolb (unless for a basement price sale) would not excite me.

Coogs
09-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Those three look pretty good so far. Mallett, though, seems to be a bit more rattled by pressure than the other two. Surprisingly, Luck who's only a Soph. looks more ripe, poised and pro-ready than Mallett, though Mallett has more upside physically.

I watched both of them as much as I could today. Missed parts of each one while watching the other one, but both looked pretty good. I personally liked Luck a little better overall just based off of today.

Frankie
09-25-2010, 09:55 PM
I watched both of them as much as I could today. Missed parts of each one while watching the other one, but both looked pretty good. I personally liked Luck a little better overall just based off of today.
I DVRed Mallet while watching Luck live.

Didn't Luck look more in command than Mallet? Of course you have to consider their oppositions too. Mallet started making mistakes toward the end. But I think he uses his height well to see the field. And he has a pretty accurate rocket for an arm. I'd be happy with either provided Mallet could be thought to chill.

Coogs
09-25-2010, 10:00 PM
I DVRed Mallet while watching Luck live.

Didn't Luck look more in command than Mallet? Of course you have to consider their oppositions too. Mallet started making mistakes toward the end. But I think he uses his height well to see the field. And he has a pretty accurate rocket for an arm. I'd be happy with either provided Mallet could be thought to chill.

Mallet threw some really good throws, but threw a lot of bonehead throws in there as well. Not just the INT's either. Just when I would start to be really impressed, one of those would pop up.

Luck was a bit unfortunate on one INT that was tipped, but was also a bit lucky he didn't have one picked in the endzone early in the game.

Liked them both on the whole though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Have any of Athan's species worked out? any?

Yeah, that works.:evil:

brorth
09-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Has any of Athan's speculations worked out? any?

He's one of those people that I don't know, but I know I'd like to punch him in the face. He's that guy.

BossChief
09-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Now that's an idea we CAN experiment with this season. Opposing defenses do not respect the passing game right now. McCluster, Chambers, Bowe, and Arenas (IF he can catch and route-run) might stop them from loading 8-9 in the box.

That idea is beyond foolish.

Im sure your dumb ass is gonna ask why, so Ill go ahead and break it down for ya:

He is basically a full time defender.
He doubles as a special teamer.
He isnt fast.
He doesnt know how to run routes.

That is plenty for anybody to work with.

Note: When DMC returned the punt for the touchdown on MNF, he was put in by Haley because Arenas was gassed. He was winded in game one by playing defense and special teams...adding more to his plate (which would entail learning one of the more difficult positions in the game, from scratch) would lessen his effectiveness in other areas. If you try him at receiver, you take away practice snaps away from him in areas where he is already doing well at because of preparation.

Now, do us all a favor and go play in traffic.

HIChief
09-26-2010, 04:34 AM
That idea is beyond foolish.

Im sure your dumb ass is gonna ask why, so Ill go ahead and break it down for ya:

He is basically a full time defender.
He doubles as a special teamer.
He isnt fast.
He doesnt know how to run routes.

That is plenty for anybody to work with.

Note: When DMC returned the punt for the touchdown on MNF, he was put in by Haley because Arenas was gassed. He was winded in game one by playing defense and special teams...adding more to his plate (which would entail learning one of the more difficult positions in the game, from scratch) would lessen his effectiveness in other areas. If you try him at receiver, you take away practice snaps away from him in areas where he is already doing well at because of preparation.

Now, do us all a favor and go play in traffic.

Thanks for the explanation. Sorry to bother you and DaneMcCloud with my water cooler drivel. You two must be very important at 1 Arrowhead Drive--are you on retainer? I mean your time is sooo important here on CP that you can't be bothered but run over a fellow Chiefs fan. Well I hope you feel better now.