PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs may part ways with Cassel this off-season .....

royr17
09-24-2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3237

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora believes the Chiefs will "strongly consider" cutting ties with Matt Cassel after the 2010 season.

Cassel is due a $4.75 million salary plus a $7.5 million option bonus, which would make him one of the highest paid players in the league next year. The Chiefs upgraded the talent around him, so the excuses for his poor play are running out. Cassel has provided no reason to believe he can develop into a franchise quarterback.

Fritz88
09-24-2010, 08:17 PM
i really hope its true.
/sobs" ftom happiness.
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13
09-24-2010, 08:17 PM
In other news, tomorrow is Saturday.

chasedude
09-24-2010, 08:20 PM
eh, I'll believe it when I see it.

speculation, lies and propaganda

ArrowheadHawk
09-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Good.

Marco Polo
09-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Sometimes, you have to know when to fold them.
Posted via Mobile Device

MIAdragon
09-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Sometimes, you have to know when to fold them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now :shrug:

RealSNR
09-24-2010, 08:32 PM
There's no reporting going on here. It's an opinion, and it's worth no more than the opinions given on this website by Chiefs fans.

Nothing to see here.

alanm
09-24-2010, 08:33 PM
You lost me at Jason LaCanfora. :spock:

MadMax
09-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I hope it cost's Clark cause he needs to learn a lesson.

Marco Polo
09-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Que the drafturbators! Besides Locker, who else in the draft is 1-2 round pick worthy?
Posted via Mobile Device

Quesadilla Joe
09-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Now I guess I have to root for the Chiefs to do well so they can't get Locker or Luck.

alpha_omega
09-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Duh, The Planet could have reported this story to NFL network a long time ago.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-24-2010, 08:37 PM
I've got work for Cassel waiting at the Hog Farm that he should excell at !

milkman
09-24-2010, 08:39 PM

It will have cost him 28 mil.

Hootie
09-24-2010, 08:39 PM
It will have cost him 28 mil.
which is probably the equivalent of me losing a $20 bet...

Rasputin
09-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Ryan Leaf Ryan Leaf Ryan Leaf Ryan Leaf

CaliforniaChief
09-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Motivational leak.

Spott
09-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Make room for Kevin O'Connell.

RealSNR
09-24-2010, 08:44 PM
I've got work for Cassel waiting at the Hog Farm that he should excell at !With his hands? I wouldn't let him anywhere near your hogs if I were you

Quesadilla Joe
09-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Now I guess I have to root for the Chiefs to do well so they can't get Locker or Luck.

And Mallet too.

Otter
09-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Quoting Fax's sarcasm in pointing out the obvious:

"these are called the fans"

ArrowheadHawk
09-24-2010, 08:49 PM
And Mallet too.

If there are three good QBs then it doesn't matter where they draft. They can get one. Look at how the Donkos got Tebow(LOL).

DeezNutz
09-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Que the drafturbators! Besides Locker, who else in the draft is 1-2 round pick worthy?
Posted via Mobile Device

Luck
Mallett
Gabbert

Locker is a lesser prospect than any of these three players.

Mr. Laz
09-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Duh, The Planet could have reported this speculation to NFL network a long time ago.
FYP

Quesadilla Joe
09-24-2010, 08:52 PM
If there are three good QBs then it doesn't matter where they draft. They can get one. Look at how the Donkos got Tebow(LOL).

I think those three could all go in the top 5.

LaChapelle
09-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Pioli has been a GM for 18 NFL games now in his storied career
and has proven his ego is to big to admit he made a mistake and will keep Cassel/CP

Chiefaholic
09-24-2010, 09:27 PM
I've got work for Cassel waiting at the Hog Farm that he should excell at !

If the Chiefs can't trust him with the pigskin in his hands, why should you?

Chiefaholic
09-24-2010, 09:30 PM

ROFL

milkman
09-24-2010, 09:32 PM
If the Chiefs can't trust him with the pigskin in his hands, why should you?

Well played, sir.

stlchiefs
09-24-2010, 09:50 PM
LaCanfora is a Tool.

keg in kc
09-24-2010, 09:53 PM
That's based on about as much factual information as when I say I think the Chiefs may part ways with Cassel.

Buehler445
09-24-2010, 10:08 PM
There's no reporting going on here. It's an opinion, and it's worth no more than the opinions given on this website by Chiefs fans.

Nothing to see here.

Troof. Slow news day so he made some interns look at salaries.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Mallet, Gabbert (if he declares) and Ponder, to name a few.

Smed1065
09-24-2010, 10:29 PM

Maybe top 2 if Tebow was there/

JD10367
09-24-2010, 10:30 PM
**Name Any Team** might part ways with **Name Any Underperforming Team Member Who Gets Paid More Than Chump Change** this offseason.

keg in kc
09-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Mallet, Gabbert (if he declares) and Ponder, to name a few.Locker may be the weakest of the bunch in the end. Although Gabbert needs to start doing a little more. He seems like a prototypical guy but I'm not sure his production has come close to the potential his measurables suggest. Then again, I don't know that he necessarily has a lot of weapons around him, either. Missouri fans can speak to that better than I can.

QuikSsurfer
09-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Grbac > Cassel

Psyko Tek
09-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Grbac > Cassel

now or then?

bring him in for a look

QuikSsurfer
09-24-2010, 11:12 PM
now or then?

bring him in for a look

I would take him over Cassel RIGHT now.
I once saw that dude scamper for like 30 yards against the Panthers, I believe. Also the coldest I have ever been in my life; December game

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Locker may be the weakest of the bunch in the end. Although Gabbert needs to start doing a little more. He seems like a prototypical guy but I'm not sure his production has come close to the potential his measurables suggest. Then again, I don't know that he necessarily has a lot of weapons around him, either. Missouri fans can speak to that better than I can.

Gabbert's weapons are subpar. He has a very good slot receiver, no downfield threat and a good TE. He has average RB play and a mediocre DL.

Combine that with a horrible OC who is both terribly predictable and maddeningly stupid in both his calls and formations, and it's difficult for this team to succeed.

It's not like he can run out the 2007 offense that had Jeremy Maclin, Danario Alexander, Chase Coffman, Martin Rucker, Will Franklin, and Tony Temple at the skill positions alone.

That was one of the more amazing collections of talent in recent memory.

BossChief
09-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Gabbert would be a pretty big project if he comes out after this year.

You know what would suck?

I could see them holding onto Cassel for another year (or two, possibly) if they drafted Gabbert because he would need a lot of work until he would be ready.

I don't think Gabbert is the kind of guy that would be ready to play by mid season, more like mid season of year two at earliest.

He is a spread quarterback with a abnormally low completion percentage and health concerns...not saying he wont make it, I do like him as a prospect and him being a local kid definitely adds to possible motivation (as well as pressure that would come with it)....but he would need a lot of work before he would be ready to start for us and produce at a high level.

I sure would cheer the selection, but I dont see him as a guy that fits the criteria of "the tree" as a guy they would draft in the first round. He doesnt meet the parameters of minimum wins, senior quarterback, minimum starts..or other stuff they look for to be selected that high.

I guess we'll see.

As Ive said before, if Luck decides change his mind and to come out early, I would cheer like a mutherfucker if we traded whatever it takes to select him.

keg in kc
09-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Gabbert was a pro style QB coming out of high school wasn't he?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Gabbert was a pro style QB coming out of high school wasn't he?

Yeah, but all that means is he's a good sized guy with good arm strength. He's also very mobile.

The problem is that this offense doesn't fit in with his strengths. The guy would be fucking perfect for Air Coryell. Perfect. Instead we have him throwing bubble screens against 8 man coverage.

You're gonna have to work on his drops and his play under center, but he has every too you could want from a player. I can't remember a QB playing through an injury like his before.

HoneyBadger
09-24-2010, 11:58 PM
**Name Any Team** might part ways with **Name Any Underperforming Team Member Who Gets Paid More Than Chump Change** this offseason.

This.

Jerm
09-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah, but all that means is he's a good sized guy with good arm strength. He's also very mobile.

The problem is that this offense doesn't fit in with his strengths. The guy would be fucking perfect for Air Coryell. Perfect. Instead we have him throwing bubble screens against 8 man coverage.

You're gonna have to work on his drops and his play under center, but he has every too you could want from a player. I can't remember a QB playing through an injury like his before.

That's why it's always surprised me that he came to Mizzou.

I could see him flourishing in a system like what Arkansas or even like Boise run.

He's just not made for the Spread IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Gabbert would be a pretty big project if he comes out after this year.

I could see them holding onto Cassel for another year (or two, possibly) if they drafted Gabbert because he would need a lot of work until he would be ready.

I don't think Gabbert is the kind of guy that would be ready to play by mid season, more like mid season of year two at earliest.

He is a spread quarterback with a abnormally low completion percentage and health concerns...not saying he wont make it, I do like him as a prospect and him being a local kid definitely adds to possible motivation (as well as pressure that would come with it)....but he would need a lot of work before he would be ready to start for us and produce at a high level.

I sure would cheer the selection, but I dont see him as a guy that fits the criteria of "the tree" as a guy they would draft in the first round. He doesnt meet the parameters of minimum wins, senior quarterback, minimum starts..or other stuff they look for to be selected that high.

I guess we'll see.

As Ive said before, if Luck decides change his mind and to come out early, I would cheer like a mutherfucker if we traded whatever it takes to select him.

He'd have 24 college starts under his belt, plus action in several games as a freshman.

Bledsoe had 28 starts and went to one bowl game (Gabbert will go to at least two as a starter) and Parcells took him #1 overall.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2010, 12:02 AM

These guys want to win and they want to win NOW.

I could see them trading for a Matt Flynn or Kolb or Kafka or someone else LONG before I see them drafting a QB high in an effort to "groom" him.

These guys aren't fucking around and from what I can tell based on this year's draft, have no patience for losing.

If Cassel blows, he's gone.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 12:04 AM
That's why it's always surprised me that he came to Mizzou.

I could see him flourishing in a system like what Arkansas or even like Boise run.

He's just not made for the Spread IMO.

No one is made for the Spread anymore. Defenses are beginning to catch up to it. It's not a coincidence that all these BXII teams are having problems scoring points in non-con, save for Okie State.

BossChief

Leftwich?

Also, just because they use Cassel the way they are, doesn't mean they would use Gabbert the same way. I know its the system, but Weis has said multiple times that "you cant ask your guy to do things he cant do" and that is directly reflective of how we are using Cassel.

If we had a 28 year old Gabbert with the coaching Cassel has had, I guarandamntee that we would be stretching the damn field.

keg in kc
Gabbert's weapons are subpar. He has a very good slot receiver, no downfield threat and a good TE. He has average RB play and a mediocre DL.Yeah, that's what I was insinuating.

His situation may drop his stock (or may not...) and then he turns out to be the gem of the bunch. I think it will be either he or Mallet in terms of biggest upside (Mallet's a freak, I think - we'll see how far he's come tomorrow) if he comes out.

The real irony would be if we ended up winning 8 or 9 games and ended up out of range for anybody.

BossChief
09-25-2010, 12:07 AM
He'd have 24 college starts under his belt, plus action in several games as a freshman.

Bledsoe had 28 starts and went to one bowl game (Gabbert will go to at least two as a starter) and Parcells took him #1 overall.

Id have to dig it up, but the tree requires a senior with a certain amount of wins and starts and all of those would be working against Gabbert.

iirc, Bledsoe barely made the minimums when they took him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Leftwich?

Also, just because they use Cassel the way they are, doesn't mean they would use Gabbert the same way. I know its the system, but Weis has said multiple times that "you cant ask your guy to do things he cant do" and that is directly reflective of how we are using Cassel.

If we had a 28 year old Gabbert with the coaching Cassel has had, I guarandamntee that we would be stretching the damn field.

Leftwich was the closest, although that was a fractured shin. I also don't know how many more games he played through.

McNabb played a whole game on a broken ankle once.

Gabbert taking that shitkicking from Nebraska and then riding out the rest of conference on that bad wheel is just amazing, though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Id have to dig it up, but the tree requires a senior with a certain amount of wins and starts and all of those would be working against Gabbert.

iirc, Bledsoe barely made the minimums when they took him.

He was a junior.

beach tribe
09-25-2010, 12:10 AM
I have no doubt that Matt Cassel will be looking for work when the season is over. It's not like this team just loves handing out money. You have seen our payroll right? Plus, Cassel gone creates a virtual surplus that we would have to use on some nice additions just to keep us above the CFL payrolls lol.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 12:14 AM
He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously.
He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn’t ephemeral and that he has lived as “the guy” for some period of time.
He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games.

FWIW, Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, and Matt Ryan all fell short of this. Brady never did it, either.

Matt Cassel graduated. He met none of the other criteria. If you add his college and pro wins to this point, he's still only at 16. He's just now in his third year starting post-HS.

Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy did it, through, as did Graham Harrell.

BossChief
09-25-2010, 12:23 AM
He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously.
He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn’t ephemeral and that he has lived as “the guy” for some period of time.
He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games.

FWIW, Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, and Matt Ryan all fell short of this. Brady never did it, either.

Matt Cassel graduated. He met none of the other criteria. If you add his college and pro wins to this point, he's still only at 16. He's just now in his third year starting post-HS.

Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy did it, through, as did Graham Harrell.

of the seven quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl in the 2000s, five — Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning and Trent Dilfer — met all four requirements when drafted.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 12:31 AM
of the seven quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl in the 2000s, five — Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning and Trent Dilfer — met all four requirements when drafted.

It's a stupid ass fucking requirement for one, because it's basically asking them if they were good QBs on winning teams. Of course those guys are going to be better prospects on average.

That said, counting Trent Dilfer is a pretty dumb move on their part.

Again, if they spent a #1 overall on a guy who didn't meet the criteria (Bledsoe), it seems like it's just a made up excuse to pass on certain players and a BS way to validate your selection of others.

I mean, really, is Tim Tebow winning 40 games at Florida all that impressive? If you are looking for leadership and intelligence, well Jay Cutler was a 3 year captain and 4 year starter in a major conference who didn't win much, but fielded a pretty damned competitive team his final year. And is Jay Cutler even that much of a leader?

It's completely contradictory.

Goldmember
09-25-2010, 12:40 AM

Well, I guess indirectly he's responsible since he hired Piloi but he put his trust in him thinking he should know what he's doing. Pioli fucked up, plain and simple.

-King-
09-25-2010, 12:47 AM
These guys want to win and they want to win NOW.

I could see them trading for a Matt Flynn or Kolb or Kafka or someone else LONG before I see them drafting a QB high in an effort to "groom" him.

These guys aren't fucking around and from what I can tell based on this year's draft, have no patience for losing.

If Cassel blows, he's gone.

I wouldn't be mad if they got Flynn.

Kolb or Kafka on the other hand...

BossChief
09-25-2010, 12:48 AM
It's a stupid ass fucking requirement for one, because it's basically asking them if they were good QBs on winning teams. Of course those guys are going to be better prospects on average.

That said, counting Trent Dilfer is a pretty dumb move on their part.

Again, if they spent a #1 overall on a guy who didn't meet the criteria (Bledsoe), it seems like it's just a made up excuse to pass on certain players and a BS way to validate your selection of others.

I mean, really, is Tim Tebow winning 40 games at Florida all that impressive? If you are looking for leadership and intelligence, well Jay Cutler was a 3 year captain and 4 year starter in a major conference who didn't win much, but fielded a pretty damned competitive team his final year. And is Jay Cutler even that much of a leader?

It's completely contradictory.

Hey man, like the guy or not, the numbers don't lie.

5/7 of the 2000s superbowl winning quarterbacks fit the criteria. It obviously is a productive set of rules to go by if you ask me, just going off previous history. 5/7 is pretty damn astounding.

Adding Dilfer is a tad laughable, but he DID fit the criteria and he did win a superbowl...not a dumb move, just going off factual information.

BossChief
09-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Well, I guess indirectly he's responsible since he hired Piloi but he put his trust in him thinking he should know what he's doing. Pioli fucked up, plain and simple.

I cant blame them totally for trading for Cassel...at least they made a effort to fill the position and didn't go into the season with the set of quarterbacks we had (although trading Thigpen was a mistake IMO)

I think the part that was the bigger fail was signing him to that deal and eliminating any competition (Thigpen) factor for the guy and treating him like DJ when he was a rookie (trading Fujita and handing him the starters role) and just handing him the starters job with no threat of having to earn it..it has made him lackadaisical (no matter how much they want to pump up him being a hard worker...he doesn't play like he has put a lot into improving his game. He has the very same weaknesses he had when he got here).

I think the best thing for Cassel right now would be for us to give Brodie a shot or to bring in someone else to compete with him for the starters role. Light a fire under his ass to EARN IT

RustShack
09-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Trade Cassel for Quinn straight up right now.

Smed1065
09-25-2010, 01:06 AM

5/7 of the 2000s superbowl winning quarterbacks fit the criteria. It obviously is a productive set of rules to go by if you ask me, just going off previous history. 5/7 is pretty damn astounding.

Adding Dilfer is a tad laughable, but he DID fit the criteria and he did win a superbowl...not a dumb move, just going off factual information.

Wait for the moving goal post next.

Rasputin
09-25-2010, 01:08 AM

Hey Smed, you up for some Texas Holdem? I've got a Cool hand this time.

Cassel Sux

BossChief
09-25-2010, 01:10 AM

Id ask for you to explain, but NOTHING you say makes sense.

Smed1065
09-25-2010, 01:13 AM
Id ask for you to explain, but NOTHING you say makes sense.

Sorry that was for 'Hamas' Jenkins.

Smed1065
09-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Sorry that was for 'Hamas' Jenkins.

So guess that means it was for you.

-King-
09-25-2010, 01:20 AM
So guess that means it was for you.

Smed = Bobby Boucher. Seriously.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Moral: Don't do crack.

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2010, 01:25 AM
AWESOME

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 01:26 AM

I think you are missing what I'm saying. Those "qualifications" are a truism.

crazycoffey
09-25-2010, 01:28 AM
non - story; if he doesn't perform they SHOULD part ways with him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 01:30 AM
"Parcells' Guys"

These 15 quarterbacks meet the four qualities discussed in this article. Twelve of the 15 guys on this list started at least one game in the NFL in 2009.
<table><thead> <tr> <th>Player Name</th> <th>First NFL team</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="last"> <td>Chad Pennington (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2149)</td> <td>New York Jets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj)</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Philip Rivers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5529)</td> <td>San Diego Chargers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sdg)</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Kevin Kolb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10480)</td> <td>Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi)</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Donovan McNabb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1753)</td> <td>Philadelphia Eagles</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Brady Quinn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10466)</td> <td>Cleveland Browns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cle)</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Carson Palmer (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4459)</td> <td>Cincinnati Bengals (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cin)</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>David Garrard (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3636)</td> <td>Jacksonville Jaguars (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=jac)</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Cade McNown (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1763)</td> <td>Chicago Bears (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=chi)</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Jason Campbell (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8440)</td> <td>Washington Redskins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=was)</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Charlie Whitehurst (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9667)</td> <td>San Diego Chargers</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Matt Leinart (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9596)</td> <td>Arizona Cardinals (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ari)</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Byron Leftwich (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4465)</td> <td>Jacksonville Jaguars</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Eli Manning (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5526)</td> <td>New York Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyg)</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Drew Brees (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2580)</td> <td>San Diego Chargers</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>Chad Henne (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11291)</td> <td>Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia)</td></tr></tbody></table>

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2010, 01:32 AM
Each of these individual bars is high on its own, but the Parcells rules require that a player meet all four. That should mean only the best of the best make the final cut, but the numbers do not indicate that is the case. The combined record of the 16 quarterbacks who satisfied all four criteria (all of whom had at least 36 starts) was 494-432-1, or a 53.3 percent winning percentage. That is lower than the winning percentages generated by two of the individual criteria, so this combination of traits cannot make a claim as being the most notable success indicator.

BossChief
09-25-2010, 01:32 AM
I think you are missing what I'm saying. Those "qualifications" are a truism.

Is that anything like a Russel Okung Razor?

:p

I wonder how many of "those guys" the draft will ever see again with the way the rookie pay scale is sure to change...not many is my guess.

I thought Locker would be one of em, I may have missed on that evaluation...I think Luck will most certainly be one if he in fact stays for his senior year.

BossChief
09-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Each of these individual bars is high on its own, but the Parcells rules require that a player meet all four. That should mean only the best of the best make the final cut, but the numbers do not indicate that is the case. The combined record of the 16 quarterbacks who satisfied all four criteria (all of whom had at least 36 starts) was 494-432-1, or a 53.3 percent winning percentage. That is lower than the winning percentages generated by two of the individual criteria, so this combination of traits cannot make a claim as being the most notable success indicator.
If your goal is to win it all, it seems to be a pretty good list to go by, even if you don't follow it as law and simply use it as a measuring stick.

5/7 is indefensible as "tried and true"

The list of underclassmen quarterbacks to win a superbowl after being selected in the first round is also a very telling statistic. If someone wants to post that list, it will make you never want to draft an underclassmen...I know I posted it during the Sanchez debate.

KCJohnny
09-25-2010, 02:04 AM
Oh come now, lads. Its too early in the season to write off JaMarcus Cassel.
;)

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2010, 04:02 AM
Myth, opinion, or fact, seeing the "case" go world-wide is extremely gratifying.

09-25-2010, 05:03 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

boogblaster
09-25-2010, 07:26 AM
depends on his play the rest of the season .. if no improvement .. under da bus .....