PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mallett,Luck and Locker

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Mallet, Locker and Luck: Elite competitors who must respond
Fox SportsBy Yogi Roth. Author of “From PA to LA”
PRINT RSS 0 comments »Updated Sep 20, 2010 6:06 PM ET

The third week of college football was one of “Little Giants” (the name of Michigan State’s fake field goal against Notre Dame), blowout victories (Alabama, Ohio State, Boise State, TCU and Oregon) and breakout wins (Arizona over Iowa) but above all else it proved to us that each week teams and players create moments where they are challenged to either surpass those previous performances or respond from dismal ones the following week. And in the arena of college football, the competitors we watch every Saturday yearn for the challenge of maintaining success or responding to adversity. Three games into 2010, three stud quarterbacks are facing those challenges.

Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallet threw for 380 yards and led the Razorbacks on the game-winning drive at Georgia with fifteen seconds remaining to get his first road win as a starter. While he is the talk of the nation right now, his performance this weekend against Alabama has a chance to cement him as a Heisman candidate and move his team into the national title race.

Mallet’s goal: Play aggressive vs Alabama while playing within Bobby Petrino’s system. If he does that, he will prove he is worthy of being considered one of the nations elite signal callers.

Jake Locker, a Heisman candidate and potential number one draft choice had one of his worst games going 4-20 for 71 yards and two interceptions in a blowout home loss to Nebraska. While Husky fans around the nation are shocked, rivals are calling his pre-season hype just that, and experts are telling us how much his draft stock has fallen, I’ll disagree.

Look for Locker to respond with more efficient play, more accurate passes and a competitive spirit that vaults him back into the national discussion by the end of the season.

Locker’s goal: Compete to win each snap by letting the offense flow through him instead of being forced by him.

Stanford’s rock-star Andrew Luck is coming off a 5-touchdown performance against Wake Forest in Palo Alto last Saturday night. His squad is 3-0 and with Locker’s recent struggles and the Pac-10 being wide open, the next three weeks are vital for him as he tries to maintain his high level of play at Notre Dame, at Oregon and home against USC.

Luck’s goal: Elevate his performance in big games by allowing the progression of each play to dictate where his passes go instead of forcing the ball on the national stage.

Mallet, Locker and Luck have to either maintain their level of play, respond from a poor performance or elevate their game.

Look for all three young men to respond as only elite performers can, because what great quarterbacks do can be summed up in a single word—compete.

58-4ever
09-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Luck - yes, but we will never get high enough to pick him.

Mallet - Yes, I see him as a Big Ben type without the whole rapist mentality

Locker - loads of potential, but I have not seen any kind of consistency yet.

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Luck - yes, but we will never get high enough to pick him.

Mallet - Yes, I see him as a Big Ben type without the whole rapist wit

Locker - loads of potential, but I have not seen any kind of consistency yet.

FYP :D

KCrockaholic
09-25-2010, 10:37 AM
I love Mallett and Luck right now. As much as I feel that it would be a mistake for a RS Sophomore QB to go pro, this guy might already be pro-ready.

But this is the make or break for Mallett today. I'm excited and I hope he doesn't totally fail.

58-4ever
09-25-2010, 10:51 AM
FYP :D

ROFL

Nightfyre
09-25-2010, 07:58 PM
I love Mallett and Luck right now. As much as I feel that it would be a mistake for a RS Sophomore QB to go pro, this guy might already be pro-ready.

But this is the make or break for Mallett today. I'm excited and I hope he doesn't totally fail.
It would be retarded for Luck not to go pro. you risk an injury the next year that could make you undraftable. JMO.

58-4ever
09-25-2010, 08:00 PM
It would be retarded for Luck not to go pro. you risk an injury the next year that could make you undraftable. JMO.

Pretty sure Luck is a true sophomore?

Jim Jones
09-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Luck's a redshirt sophomore.

Chiefs Rool
09-25-2010, 08:19 PM
I'll take the best one out of the 3

Pioli Zombie
09-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Friends say Big Ben is Assault of the Earth.

DTLB58
09-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Kellen Moore?

DeezNutz
09-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Gabbert is the more talented version of Mallett, and he's a better prospect than anyone listed here.

Bob Dole
09-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Mallet pooped in his hat when his team had the W within reach. Disappointing showing for the hometown kid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre
09-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Gabbert is the more talented version of Mallett, and he's a better prospect than anyone listed here.

Except for Luck is said (by Harbaugh) to have a Peyton Manning like grasp on the game. Not to mention he is the best QB throwing on the run I've ever seen.

googlegoogle
09-25-2010, 10:29 PM
That was a beautiful pick Mallet threw today. Oh well, I blame the coach for being pass happy.

They should have won that one.

DeezNutz
09-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Except for Luck is said (by Harbaugh) to have a Peyton Manning like grasp on the game. Not to mention he is the best QB throwing on the run I've ever seen.

I'm not as confident in Luck's skill set. All the intangibles are great, but first you must have the necessary physical gifts.

As I've said before, Luck is a lesser prospect than Sanchez from a physical standpoint.

Barret
09-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Ok I have been reading some of the posts and many people are stating that the Chiefs wont be in the range to get a top flight QB such as the 3 spoken here. So I went searching each team and this is what I came up with.

Teams that don’t need QB’s
I think we can all pretty much agree these teams will not be looking for a QB with their 1st round pick in 2011.

Indy- Manning
Green bay- Rodgers
Detroit- Stafford
St Louis- Bradford
Jets- Sanchez
Giants- Manning
New England- Brady
Dallas- Romo
San Diego- Rivers
New Orleans- Brees
Denver- Orton and His Holyness
Chicago- Cutler
Baltimore- Flacco
Pittsburgh- Rothlisberger
Houston- Shaub
Atlanta- Ryan
Carolina- Clausen

Teams with QB questions
These following teams have possible questions at QB.
Philly - Mike Vick or Kolb? Need another?
Washington - Is Donovan getting too old?
Buffalo- Ryan Fitzpatrick / Trent Edwards / Brian Brohm need another?
Arizona- Anderson / Hall Hall is supposed to be up and coming, take another?
San Fran- Smith / Carr / Smith Take another?
Seattle- Hasselback / Whitehurst. Maybe here
Oakland - Cambell = out / Boller / Gradkowski maybe here
Kansas City - For the love of GOD yes pick a QB
Minnesota- Farve = done Jackson / Webb Maybe here
Cincinnati- Palmer looks done if he cant win so maybe here
Cleveland - Wallace / Delhomme / Mccoy. They picked up McCoy last year, another?
Jacksonville - Garrard / Bouman – Maybe here
Tampa- Freeman / Johnson / Carpenter isn’t Freeman doing ok?

So lets take all the maybes I have up here. This might be where we disagree on the "maybe" category

Seattle, Oakland, Kansas City, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Jacksonville

So of these teams that might need or do needs QBs, Which of these teams do you seeing finishing worse the the Chiefs at the end of the year?

Oakland maybe but there has to be a 4.2 40 WR that they can get. I don't see Minnesota going down the tubes any further and if Palmer in Cincinnati can get on track I think they finish better then the Chiefs. Seattle is making noise and winning in a weak conference and I am not sure about Jacksonville.

So my question is this, is it that difficult of a stretch with these QB facts laid out that the Chiefs couldn't be in range to get a top flight QB?

Saccopoo
09-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Kellen Moore?

Stud. He just doesn't fit the prototype physically. But he's got all the tools. I wouldn't mind him in a Chiefs uniform. Kid's a winner.

BryanBusby
09-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Teams with QB questions
Cleveland - Wallace / Delhomme / Mccoy. They picked up McCoy last year, another?

Philly- Way too early to tell. Lets see how the year unfolds for them first.

Washington- I think they'll ride the McNabb train for awhile.

Buffalo- QB situation there is a train wreck, so a definite. For some reason, I can see Tyrelle Pryor being the guy Chan wants.

Arizona- I'd put them in the looking for a QB pool.

San Francisco- I think if Singletary goes QB hunting, he's going to be looking for a vet.

Seattle- Possible, but they did just invest a lot for Whitehurst. Stupid ass trade, but they should at least give him a shot first.

Oakland- It all depends what Crazy Al does. If he dumps Cable in the trash and wants his treasured vertical offense, Bruce is out. Boller sucks.

Kansas City- Obvious answer is obvious.

Minnesota- They still seem to like Jackson for some reason. IDK

Cincinnati- Palmer isn't the real issue in Cincinnati. Have you actually seen their offensive line pass-protect? It's ****ing horrific.

Cleveland- Definitely.

Jacksonville- Garrard is ****ing terrible. They will be search canning for a replacement.

Tampa Bay- Unlike the Chiefs, they are 2-0 mostly because of good QB play. Definite no.

My list of definite teams in need of a QB:
Kansas City
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Buffalol
Arizona

Some possibles not listed:
Tennessee - Vince Young play is far too hot/cold. How long until Fischer has had enough of the shit?

Carolina - Matt Moore got his chance and shit his pants. John Fox is in a contract year and is in the process of coaching himself directly out of Charlotte. As for Clausen, he better really impress as chances of a new regime coming in next season are looking high. He will be on the trading block and the Panthers will be in the mix if he fails to impress.

Bambi
09-25-2010, 11:53 PM
All three of those guys suck. Watch the games yo.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Cleveland, Arizona, SF, Minnesota, KC, Oakland, Buffalo, and Jacksonville are the teams who will look to get a new QB in. However,

I bet Az thinks they're good with Hall and Skelton. Seattle could be considered, but I bet they think Whitehurst is the guy.

So, let's say that Mallet, Luck, Locker, and Gabbert all declare:

You need to trade up somewhere between where the first and second worst teams fall on that list.

JoeyChuckles
09-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Can you guys imagine the play on words that will follow any team that drafts Luck? I'm already sick of it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-26-2010, 12:56 AM

I admire you for really staying on that rail car, Sir.

I'm not as confident in Luck's skill set. All the intangibles are great, but first you must have the necessary physical gifts.

As I've said before, Luck is a lesser prospect than Sanchez from a physical standpoint.

High quality D&D from Luck, but not much more. Don't know anything about his leadership and intangibles.

Cleveland, Arizona, SF, Minnesota, KC, Oakland, Buffalo, and Jacksonville are the teams who will look to get a new QB in. However,

I bet Az thinks they're good with Hall and Skelton. Seattle could be considered, but I bet they think Whitehurst is the guy.

So, let's say that Mallet, Luck, Locker, and Gabbert all declare:

You need to trade up somewhere between where the first and second worst teams fall on that list.

Gotta' pull a "Tannenbaum"!:thumb:

BossChief
09-26-2010, 01:00 AM
I doubt VERY highly that Luck and Gabbert declare, but yeah, Ive been saying that a trade up of significant proportions will be in order if they do for some time now.

Id give up our first, second and third next year to draft Andrew Luck.

-King-
09-26-2010, 02:05 AM
I doubt VERY highly that Luck and Gabbert declare, but yeah, Ive been saying that a trade up of significant proportions will be in order if they do for some time now.

To be honest, I can't see any draft eligible QB not declaring if they are graded out to be a 1st round pick. They'll all want to be in the league before the NFL adopts a rookie scale.

MahiMike
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Watching the Washington/USC game this weekend I came away VERY impresses with Locker. This guy looks like a combo of Elway and Rivers. Cannon for an arm, 4.4 speed in a big 'ol frame. Has the fiery intensity you need too. I'd take him if Pioli is willing.

The Franchise
10-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Luck will be a 49er.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2010, 03:26 PM
I still like Locker a lot, you just need to go into it with both eyes wide open with him.

He has a very high bust potential. He's talented as all hell, but he's inconsistent. His reads are suspect and he just hasn't won much (call it Cutler-itis). I know it's not his fault, but it seems that college QBs that come from a culture of losing bring some of it with them.

He's taking some hits right now, but I still think he's as talented as there is out there.

okiedokieokoye
10-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Is it just me or is this a very lack-luster QB class? I have a feeling Cassel will play just well enough this season to force Pioli to use a late round pick on a "project" QB in the next draft instead of a first rounder. Business as usual.

kepp
10-04-2010, 03:35 PM
To be honest, I can't see any draft eligible QB not declaring if they are graded out to be a 1st round pick. They'll all want to be in the league before the NFL adopts a rookie scale.

I agree. Personally, I really think Gabbert needs another year, but if he's graded in the 1st round and that many teams need QBs, it would be a smart move for him to declare.

bsp4444
10-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Ok I have been reading some of the posts and many people are stating that the Chiefs wont be in the range to get a top flight QB such as the 3 spoken here. So I went searching each team and this is what I came up with.

Teams that don’t need QB’s
I think we can all pretty much agree these teams will not be looking for a QB with their 1st round pick in 2011.

Indy- Manning
Green bay- Rodgers
Detroit- Stafford
St Louis- Bradford
Jets- Sanchez
Giants- Manning
New England- Brady
Dallas- Romo
San Diego- Rivers
New Orleans- Brees
Denver- Orton and His Holyness
Chicago- Cutler
Baltimore- Flacco
Pittsburgh- Rothlisberger
Houston- Shaub
Atlanta- Ryan
Carolina- Clausen

Teams with QB questions

So lets take all the maybes I have up here. This might be where we disagree on the "maybe" category

Seattle, Oakland, Kansas City, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Jacksonville

So of these teams that might need or do needs QBs, Which of these teams do you seeing finishing worse the the Chiefs at the end of the year?

Oakland maybe but there has to be a 4.2 40 WR that they can get. I don't see Minnesota going down the tubes any further and if Palmer in Cincinnati can get on track I think they finish better then the Chiefs. Seattle is making noise and winning in a weak conference and I am not sure about Jacksonville.

So my question is this, is it that difficult of a stretch with these QB facts laid out that the Chiefs couldn't be in range to get a top flight QB?

I'm not sure you considered a team finishing better than us but trading up ahead of us to draft a QB.

</post>
10-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I usually don't watch much college football, but I've watched every national game these three have played in so far this season. I like all three of them, but I'm the least sold on Locker ATM. I've seen him make great plays and then completely flake out on easy TD passes. Like DJ said, talented as hell, but inconsistent. I hope he gets into a rhythm as the season goes on.

The Franchise
10-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Teams that should be looking for a QB next year.

49ers
Bills
Vikings
Browns
Jaguars
Chiefs

Mecca
10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Watching the Washington/USC game this weekend I came away VERY impresses with Locker. This guy looks like a combo of Elway and Rivers. Cannon for an arm, 4.4 speed in a big 'ol frame. Has the fiery intensity you need too. I'd take him if Pioli is willing.

Wow that game impressed you?

He looked to me like a guy who's team gave up on trying to make him a pro style QB. He was constantly running and out of the pocket, the few plays where he did a straight drop back in the pocket he looked uncomfortable and the plays all ended poorly.

He looked like an athlete trying to play QB.

DeezNutz
10-04-2010, 03:52 PM
I would not draft Locker in the first round. He's not accurate and is very, very raw mechanically.

O.city
10-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I am with Mecca..i think he is just an athlete trying to play quarterback... he doesn't throw the ball well from the pocket.

I think Mallet and Luck are better with Mallett having the better arm but being very familiar with him and the Razorbacks im not sure he is very intelligent.

suds79
10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
I would not draft Locker in the first round. He's not accurate and is very, very raw mechanically.

The more & more I see of Locker, the more I'm left scratching my head wondering why he's rated so high.

He is flat out inaccurate. I'll take QB projects in the mid to late rounds. But not in the 1st.

Fritz88
10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Nate Davis and Chase Coffeman.

suds79
10-04-2010, 03:57 PM
So far from what I've seen...

Locker - Horrible inaccurate.

Luck - Looks pretty good. Maybe it's the throws I've seen but his arm doesn't look the strongest to me.

Mallett - If you were to build the physique of a QB, you'd make it like this guy. Had some bad decisions against bama though. I need to see more of this kid.

Titty Meat
10-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect in awhile.

Mr. Laz
10-04-2010, 04:06 PM
seems like all 3 have had their ups and downs ... none has solidified themselves as "stud". A lot of potential though.

The Franchise
10-04-2010, 04:25 PM

I don't see it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Mallett is a poor man's Drew Bledsoe
Jake Locker is Jake Plummer
Andrew Luck is a poor man's Tom Brady

chiefzilla1501
10-04-2010, 04:31 PM

Yes. But I would replace Plummer with Derek Andersen.

Tribal Warfare
10-04-2010, 04:40 PM

I wouldn't say Luck is a poor man's Tom Brady, because I don't believe he'll last till the 6th round.

Mr. Laz
10-04-2010, 04:45 PM
i wonder how big Luck's hands are ... seems like when he throws the ball he's underneath the football.

Maybe he has small hands

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2010, 06:49 PM

If he could throw more and better long passes, I'd agree.

</post>
10-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't say Luck is a poor man's Tom Brady, because I don't believe he'll last till the 6th round.

Not to be a dick, but how is that relevant to the comparison?

DeezNutz
10-04-2010, 07:00 PM
The love for Luck is what happens when intangibles are placed before physical gifts.

Titty Meat
10-04-2010, 07:07 PM
The love for Luck is what happens when intangibles are placed before physical gifts.

Signed everyone who passed on Tom Brady

Reaper16
10-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I take these things on a prospect-by-prospect basis. Is Luck as physically gifted as Mallett or Locker? No. I'd rather have Luck, though.

I guess I just don't like the hardline stance that your post makes. One could easily flip your post around and say something to the effect of "The love for JaMarcus Russel is what happens when physical gifts are placed before intangibles." Such a statement would be equally as misguided, I feel.

DeezNutz
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
I take these things on a prospect-by-prospect basis. Is Luck as physically gifted as Mallett or Locker? No. I'd rather have Luck, though.

As I said in this thread (I believe), Luck is a lesser prospect than Sanchez.

Titty Meat
10-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Luck is 6'4 235 has little NFL talent on that side of the ball and has thrown a career 26 td's 8 picks. He's the best QB prospect to come out in awhile.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2010, 07:12 PM
In some ways Luck reminds me of Bernie Kosar. That may be a better comparison. Decent physical tools, very intelligent, but not an overwhelming specimen. I think he'll be a solid pro, but the upside isn't there.

Titty Meat
10-04-2010, 07:14 PM
And lets not forget to mention Luck beat out a very good QB Tavita Pritchard. The guy is a great player and a winner whoever gets him will be good for a decade.

DeezNutz
10-04-2010, 07:16 PM
In some ways Luck reminds me of Bernie Kosar. That may be a better comparison. Decent physical tools, very intelligent, but not an overwhelming specimen. I think he'll be a solid pro, but the upside isn't there.

Chiefscountry argued forever that Sanchez's basement would be Kosar, so this dovetails nicely with my previous post.

Luck is interesting. All I'm saying is that I don't want to see a single poster who hated Sanchez pimping Luck as our QBOTF.

Titty Meat
10-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Chiefscountry argued forever that Sanchez's basement would be Kosar, so this dovetails nicely with my previous post.

Luck is interesting. All I'm saying is that I don't want to see a single poster who hated Sanchez pimping Luck as our QBOTF.

I am because it's not even comprable if Luck had the talent in college Sanchez did he would be looked at as one of the best QB prospects ever.

DeezNutz
10-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I am because it's not even comprable if Luck had the talent in college Sanchez did he would be looked at as one of the best QB prospects ever.

Hyperbole, dude. This is similar to when Sully compared him to P. Manning.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2010, 07:19 PM

Holy Christ.

Titty Meat
10-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Holy Christ.

Name me 1 first day player on the offensive side of the ball for Stanford.

Titty Meat
10-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Hyperbole, dude. This is similar to when Sully compared him to P. Manning.

Not sure he'll be as good as Manning but he will make a team competitve for a decade. I've watched all 3 I think Mallett is good but has rocks for brains, I called out Locker before the Nebraska game was even played.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Name me 1 first day player on the offensive side of the ball for Stanford.

1st day=1st round now.

If you are looking at other players who may go somewhere in the early-mid rounds, then Ryan Whalen is one,

Titty Meat
10-04-2010, 07:48 PM
1st day=1st round now.

If you are looking at other players who may go somewhere in the early-mid rounds, then Ryan Whalen is one,

Let's not kid ourselves the Stanford turn around has alot to do with Luck. Why? Because he's a really good QB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Let's not kid ourselves the Stanford turn around has alot to do with Luck. Why? Because he's a really good QB.

It does. But don't kid yourself into thinking that squad is bereft of talent. They already have 22 commits for 2011, 8 of whom are ****. They had 22 in their last class, including 5 **** and 8 the year before that.

Tribal Warfare
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Not to be a dick, but how is that relevant to the comparison?

Tom Brady was a sleeper picked in the 6th, Luck would be a rich man's Brady if anything. A poor man's Peyton Manning would be more sufficient because of their draft slotting.

Mecca
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Andrew Luck spent an entire year basically turning and giving the ball to Toby Gerhart go look at his ridiculous touch numbers.

</post>
10-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Tom Brady was a sleeper picked in the 6th, Luck would be a rich man's Brady if anything. A poor man's Peyton Manning would be more sufficient because of their draft slotting.

Skill set has more to do with comparing prospects and pros than draft slotting.

Tribal Warfare
10-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Skill set has more to do with comparing prospects and pros than draft slotting.

:facepalm:

In comparison where they were drafted it makes a difference and Manning has the exact same skill set that Brady does. Thus Luck would be a rich man's Tom Brady.

</post>
10-04-2010, 08:44 PM
:facepalm:

In comparison where they were drafted it makes a difference and Manning has the exact same skill set that Brady does. Thus Luck would be a rich man's Tom Brady.

I'm not arguing that the draft slot is not different in comparison. I'm saying that where they are drafted makes no difference in comparing the two players skill set.

JoeyChuckles
10-04-2010, 09:00 PM
If we pick Locker, and then he gets hurt, we can call him "The Hurt Locker". So that is a positive.

Nightfyre
10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Look at how accurately Luck throws on the move.
And the kid has an NFL arm and the BEST touch I have personally ever seen out of a college QB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzudT5dMgq0

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2010, 10:18 PM
The love for Luck is what happens when Chiefs fans will do ANYTHING to rid this team of Matt Cassel, and with good reason.

F...

X...

D.

BryanBusby
10-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Look at how accurately Luck throws on the move.
And the kid has an NFL arm and the BEST touch I have personally ever seen out of a college QB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzudT5dMgq0

He looks good, no doubt. But, don't fool yourself. This kid is not ready to enter into the NFL yet.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Christian Ponder, anyone?

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2010, 10:58 PM

IMO, it'll depend on whether or not there's a new CBA in place.

If there's not, I'd bet they declare. Why risk the possibility of a Rookie Salary Scale similar to the NBA's?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Christian Ponder, anyone?

He's put up awful numbers against a line of shit defenses. That should be a huge red flag.

Chiefnj2
10-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Andrew Luck spent an entire year basically turning and giving the ball to Toby Gerhart go look at his ridiculous touch numbers.

It's not unusual for a QB's throws to be limited his first year starting. Clausen's first year starting at Notre Dame - 245 attempts. Luck's attempts last year - 288.

Titty Meat
10-05-2010, 08:27 AM

And look at Lucks numbers year 2 he's already matched his TD's from last year in 4 games.

Titty Meat
10-05-2010, 08:28 AM
It does. But don't kid yourself into thinking that squad is bereft of talent. They already have 22 commits for 2011, 8 of whom are ****. They had 22 in their last class, including 5 **** and 8 the year before that.

What does the 2011 class have to do with anything? And 5 4stars is meh for a team ranked in the top 25.

AndChiefs
10-05-2010, 08:29 AM
He looks good, no doubt. But, don't fool yourself. This kid is not ready to enter into the NFL yet.

Someone to keep an eye on for the future is the new QB for BYU. I was really impressed with his touch and arm for a freshman.

Tribal Warfare
10-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Someone to keep an eye on for the future is the new QB for BYU. I was really impressed with his touch and arm for a freshman.

Personally, I want to see Nick Montana does after Locker leaves, for obvious reasons.

buddha
10-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Luck is the most NFL ready of any college QB right now. What physical traits does he lack? He doesn't have the rocket arm that Mallet or Gabbert have, but he is better than either in every other respect from what I've seen. Luck can also run the ball surprisingly well when he has to.

Chiefnj2
09-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Bump

Hammock Parties
09-28-2011, 07:39 AM

As I said in this thread (I believe), Luck is a lesser prospect than Sanchez.

LMAO

Drafturbator fail.

-King-
09-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Wow. The drafturbators hated Luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
09-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Nice bump LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2011, 07:58 AM
I definitely have a higher opinion of Luck than I did at this time last year. He also did a lot to give me a higher opinion.

That said, he still is an ultra high floor prospect. That's where that safety comes in. There are QBs who will have higher upsides than him, it's just the nature of the projectability of talent.

Matt Stafford, for example, has a higher ceiling than Luck. What separates Luck is the floor. There probably isn't a situation where he's not a top 10 QB.

Reaper16
09-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Wow. The drafturbators hated Luck.
Posted via Mobile Device
That doesn't seem to be an accurate assessment of the thread.

suds79
09-28-2011, 08:17 AM
So far from what I've seen...

Locker - Horrible inaccurate.

Luck - Looks pretty good. Maybe it's the throws I've seen but his arm doesn't look the strongest to me.

Mallett - If you were to build the physique of a QB, you'd make it like this guy. Had some bad decisions against bama though. I need to see more of this kid.

I stand by this.

Locker? Is horrible because he is inaccurate.

Luck? Definitely the guy I want but I remember watching Aaron Rogers & Matthew Stafford in college. Their arms I think are bigger. Ultimately arm strength is far behind intelligence, quick decision making & accuracy so I'm not worried about it.

Mallett? Yeah I liked his physical skills he brought to the table. Who knows how good hell end up being.

ModSocks
09-28-2011, 09:37 AM
I said it once and I'll say it again.

CP is terrible at evaluating QB's.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-28-2011, 09:58 AM
I said it once and I'll say it again.

CP is terrible at evaluating QB's.

From what I've read (and posted) over the years, I agree.